[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

2 hours ago, ryanallright said:

What do the nurse means by bear and fox when she compare the 2 OB residents?

Who is the bear? Who is the fox?

Glad that JWan know what to do what not to do, he reported Dr Cheon to Hospital Chief and seem like next episode, there will be more battle between the two

The fox 1 is the doc who is having a conversation with the mom, the bear is the make-up doc, I think. Because the 'fox' resident call the Prof and make it look like she'll do the rounds checking the pt. The bear already list out the job beforehand. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, hushhh said:

I think it might have been because after she rejected SkHeong she called IJ to meet--it sounded like they had plans. Also SJ has a gift that seemed more then casual for her birthday.

I was surprised that IJ was the only squad member that went with Song Hwa to her doctor visit.

No I don't have any doubts that IJ had a crush on her and was planning to confess and everything if not for Seok hyeong ruining it. That's not what I was talking about. We have had so much discussions here guessing who could be Song hwa's crush ever since that topic came on ep 2. We all assumed automatically that it was someone from the group. Most likely IJ. But it could be anyone else outside the group as well. This is an highly unlikely scenario, coz there will be no tension if it is not someone within the Fab five. Hahahaha. 

@Ameera Ali Jun wan thought he was riding with Iksun for a moment and out of habit said that "Give the phone to oppa" hahahahaha. So Jeong won was teasing him by replying back "ahh oppa's phone is in the bag?" Ahahahahaha. This was such an hilarious moment. It's exactly how friends react when they find out one of them is dating secretly. How can he save her number as "pigeon", it wouldn't take long for Ikjun to find out. LOL. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 4
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, standingtallyy said:

I’m all for this too. Go ahead Dr.Ahn, reject her. Let her go through this heartbreak. She’s a big girl, she can handle it :). This will make Dr Jang stronger and better with lessons learned from this heartache. She will blossom and we might get surprised with her transformation later on :)...

God is merciful and will not forsake those with pure hearts. A food for thought on Dr. Ahn Jeon Won :D

As much as I want them together, I'm on team rejection too. I think it'll be for the best. She'll be down for a moment but I've the feelings, it'll have a positive impact on her. So do it sooner Jeong-won, please.I'm gonna be pissed if he accept her invitation then reject her.

• Like 14

Actually i think jang geul wol character became shine and thanks to shin hyun bin...Sometime she really remind my self during having crush on senior, but she more brave..i had take at least years to confess, even it doest end well i like the butterflies feeling cause it make me felt like little girl again..

I agree with few of you for jeong won to reject geul wol... i means if he accepts her, people will bash her character (were some already did) cause to them it wont makes sense and geul wol can be seing as nor good enough with her job..as jeong won is seing as perfect nice ‘budha’ guy..:

so this will someone show how geul wol character growth and does it will effect jeong won life??? or will the writer decide to let her character go and slowly not enter the scene (i hope this not happen as i had fallen with geul wol charms) 

4036355.jpg

if we found out later that jeong won indeed had crush for song hwa ( i hope not, i rather instead of crush he indeed like song hwa like little sister and family) and song hwa reject her or not give jeong won the answer he want..and this time after jeong won reject geul wol and she act cool as winter...but continue her life (eat like mukbang show...be woman calendar) and somehow he missed her cat shine eyes..and this time she put boundaries for him..i wonder how it will be??? 

but doest it means we wont seing geul wol in dr bong chit chat time???

• Like 9
  • Love 1

46 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Yes, the Chinese subs also saying "baby"... only that throughout though, no "sweetie" ;)

@Ameera Ali Actually Junwan said neither “baby” nor “sweetie”. I thought my hearing was just bad cos I didn’t catch him saying that while I was watching the episode last night... 
So I went to check the korean CC and yep, he called Jeongwon by his name and referred to himself as “Oppa”.
The korean CC is “Jeongwon ah, in the bag, oppa’s handphone...”

No mention of “baby” at all! Now I feel cheated lol. :lol:

IkwM95v.jpg

• Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

I just watched episide 7. I am so grateful that there is dramas like Hospital Playlist/ Wise Doctor Life. It touches my heart. Watching these long episodes never know whan the time has passed.

Little thoughts about episode 7.

First was conversation between Song Hwa and Ahn Chi Hong when she told him that she knew about his medical problem. He was curious why she did not scold him and she said that she trust him. Song Hwa is a wonderful professor for her residents. I can`t blame him that he has a crush on her.

I loved the segment when the band sang the song and we saw images/ moments from other peoples life. Little Woo Joo left a cookie for his dad. So Cute.

I knew what Ik Jun will talk with the depressed woman about his divorce/ his feelings. I am glad that he  convinced the lady that she should live for herself. Life is a gift.

Jun-Wan is really in love. So funny when he tried to take the phone from his friends to not discover who is his Bidulgi. :D 

I am so proud of Gyeol Wool to ask Jeong Won to go on a date. It doesn`t matter if he will not accept now (or maybe he will accept). I think Jeong wan likes her but she had to be the one to pursue him if she wanted to become more than a colleague. It takes time. She has to be patient. There is still hope for them.

The funny discovery, that our twins interns are cousin with the other twins, Ma Ne and Mo ne, Woo Joo`s friends. :D

I like the firendship between Gyeol Wool and Min Ha. I hope Min Ha will asked Seok-Hyeong out too. speaking of Seok Hyeong... so funny when the friends got jelous when he did not listen to their advices but only to Song Hwa`s advice. It was the same advice but he only listen to her. :lol:

I miss Rosa and Ju Jong Su in this episode.

It looks like Dr Do Jae-Hak was scamed after all.

The preview

Ik Jun enter the room by accident when Song Hwa was changing clothes. :D Yeah... if they will rekindle the old romantic feelings they need moments just with two of them (like when he was with her to get the news for exemple).

• Like 7
  • Love 3

warning: long rant ahead.

about jwon and gw: i think he’s hiding his feelings for her. for one thing remember at first, he smiled when he saw how diligently she was working with the maggots while the others watched with unease. but when she wants praise he doesn’t give it. does it seem like he does that to everyone? no. also from an outsider’s view it looks like he has some kinda grudge on her for treating her like that.

then remember how when ij told the other residents that gw was sick and jwon paid attention. he didn’t show any feelings on his face and only nodded at what’s being said. but he obviously sent her a message (with a smiley face!). even if minha said that that obviously doesn’t mean anything i think it does. 

who here thinks he tried that message one hundred times erasing and rewriting it? lol

for some reason, jwon’s lack of interest doesn’t seem as lack of interest. he went out for dinner and movies with all residents and knew that there won’t be anything between them if he did. but when gw he rejected her. is he scared that something will happen between them?

another thing to look at. jwon can read people’s face super fast. he knew that jwan was dating someone and was definitely not talking to his mom all giggly and smiley. i mean anyone could say that tbh lol. but i’m sure jwon knows people just by reading their faces. so obviously he can know what gw feels for him.

also, i wish if he’s really not interested in her he would go ahead and tell her. gw is a really strong woman. we knew about that right from the start. he’s obviously not dating anyone or falling for anyone because he wants to be a priest but maybe his thoughts and feelings might change because of gw? for some reason i keep feeling that he rejected her because he actually likes her.

but there’s also the fact that he rejected her THAT night because he had to go with his friends to sing. and maybe he said some other night might do. if he really did say that, it’s safe to assume that he indeed doesn’t have feelings for her. and that he treats her like the other residents.

i’m so interested in these two, and for some reason the fact that the writer keeps dragging their love line makes me think that they will be endgame. WHY ARE YOU SO HARD TO READ, JEONG WON-AH?? 

i have always been a keen detective when it came to the reply series writers. tbh i came here because of reply 1994 in 2013 and from that day onwards i watched all his dramas. i’ve felt a soft spot for chilbongie but i loved oppaya (you can see that from my name). but there was something about yoo yeong seok that makes it impossible not to love him.

even here, even if he keeps dragging his feet and dragging poor gw along, i can’t help but love him. he’s so precious. i really hope whatever said and done, both of them will get what they want, and if it’s each other then yay!!

• Like 13
  • Love 5

4 hours ago, 000231846597 said:

Their scenes are cute, but I am actually surprised that Ik-soon and Jwan don't seem to know each other deep enough? Given Ik-joon was already the best friend of Jwan back in high school days, Ik-soon should at least know why Jwan was not enlisted? I am not sure if Jwan knew much about the trauma that refrained Ik-soon from romantic relationships too.

Ik sun went to military academy so there’s a time gap.Jun wan had to see Ik sun's name tag to identify means they didn’t meet for a long time after school.Their vacation time and length different as she goes to military academy.May be that's why jun wan can't frequently see ik sun when he used to go with ik jun to their house. Ik sun's only resource is ik jun who randomly talk about friends in a family gathering that's not enough to know about someone deep inside.That's the reason she knew Jun wan become professors before ik jun but don't know why he is exempted.Something that will used in future plot or may be not. 

Even  though Ik jun and jun wan friends from school, guys are protractive about sister always. They talked about friends and family but always maintain relationship privacy though it’s your best friend or sister.that's space really important for any healthy relations. 

Jun wan doesn’t know about the traumas of ik sun yet.Even Ik jun was surprised to learn  that Ik sun still traumatised. So isn’t it difficult for jun wan know about this or that? We hope he will find it and help ik sun to overcome whatever it is. They’re dating so they'll learn and live happily, I guess. 

The thing is,  there’s just two people one couple among so many others. Writer feeds us some information and let us fill the gap with our own theory/imagination/life lesson .If the drama was only for this pigeon couple, we could easily find so many things in one episode.                              

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Sorary said:

@Kaizen68 his ex wife is to worst...she the one who make distance between them..them make it LD is the reason why the relationship dont work up...and she even said she had no one and ask if ik jun dont believe him yet she bring that man meet theirs child during children’s day!!! 

7 hours ago, 000231846597 said:

It is a shock that IJ's ex-wife is even more trashier than one may think. Cheating is already bad... cheating on her own friend's husband? That is another level, man.

She's the worst, indeed. She chased Ik Jun for months, and finally, they get married. She's the one who made the distance, left Ik Jun for years and cheating, even with her own friend's husband. Asking for a divorce and lying, make the LDR as the reason. And yes, the thing that most I couldn't believe she had an affair in front of Uju!

Ik Jun always chased by many women. If I were Hye Jeong, I would be internally grateful I am the one he married. Because among all women in his life, he chooses me. So I must be very special to him, regardless of his perfect attributions (good looking, smart, kind, caring, funny etc.). But she was not thankful and left him... just. like. that.

Sometimes, I was thinking, did she manage to get Ik Jun as her husband because among all the women, she was the most ambitious one? And after she got what she wants, she just throw him like a trash? Aigoo... 

Uju is indeed more mature than his age. He didn't tell Ik Jun that his mother acted lovey-dovey with another man in a restaurant until Ik Jun found out on his own after Uju got the allergy. It really hurts me seeing a small child like Uju is already so mature and he slept alone. I hope in the next episode, I will get Ik Jun and Uju's scene where they sleep together. Not only meet in the dreams.

Lwzjob8.gif

Like in this scene :) 

OqGYFT8.gif

• Like 2
  • Love 11

2 hours ago, heartoppaya said:

i think he’s hiding his feelings for her. for one thing remember at first, he smiled when he saw how diligently she was working with the maggots

I don't think he smiled, did he? He looked really confused and maybe felt bad that he judged her too quickly. Lol. I do think he is really bothered by her. It looked like he rejected her date proposal, she would've jumped up and down in joy if he had accepted it, right? But she looked sad and dejected. Or maybe he did agree to go with her and she is sad that he treats her like everyone else.  I used to think Dr. Bae is a good fit for him, but after seeing 7th ep, nah, she is just another one of his fangirl. LOL. Dr. Jang is his fangirl too, but she is quite different in how she is sooooo innocent and naive. She has a pure heart, she is like a child, I loved the scene where she told him that she didn't run recklessly like last time, but only walked quickly. I don't care if they end up together or not, I love seeing moments like this where a person is having such a great influence on the other.

@Kaizen68 To be fair to Ik Jun's wife, it looks like Ik Jun is also totally hung up on his first love. He is stuck in his 20s. Cheating doesn't only mean sleeping with other person who is not your hubby/wife. If you are emotionally distant with your spouse, then that is also some kind of cheating, right? He clearly didn't love his wife enough, how can he be in a long distance relationship and not miss her even one bit. I guess he got married just because he had to. Lol. Not defending his wife, but there is a reason behind every cheating case. If you don't get enough love from the person who ought to give you, people tend to look for other sources. Sighhh. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

@Kaizen68 To be fair to Ik Jun's wife, it looks like Ik Jun is also totally hung up on his first love. He is stuck in his 20s. Cheating doesn't only mean sleeping with other person who is not your hubby/wife. If you are emotionally distant with your spouse, then that is also some kind of cheating, right? He clearly didn't love his wife enough, how can he be in a long distance relationship and not miss her even one bit. I guess he got married just because he had to. Lol. Not defending his wife, but there is a reason behind every cheating case. If you don't get enough love from the person who ought to give you, people tend to look for other sources. Sighhh. 

I wouldn't say that Ik Jun didn't miss his wife, even one bit(?) How could you assume that? He looked enthusiastic when his wife arrived in Korea and when his wife called him via phone. And other than that, the drama skipped many details within the story-line. And what we definitely know so far, Ik Jun looks far more desperate when he divorced his wife than when he found out Seok Hyung likes Song Hwa.

• Like 5

My observation :) 

1. Dr Ik Jun is technical but he both know how to explain things in layman’s term and medical term depending on the audience.  Dr Garden thinks technical and speaks like a priest. Hahahaha 
  2. At Min ha at first will be okay working like a horse because I think she wanted that Dr Yang noticed her and Eun Won slacking off will soon be an issue. Nurse Seung Joo noticed already. Bear vs Foxy who will win? 
  3. Dr Bong’s salon is getting bigger and bigger! I kennat Army and BTS army! Hahaha Xennial Dr Hak omy! Ik Jun x Song Hwa they both hold their friendship. My omy childhood friends AJW and YSH God and TV! Okay lah! 
  4. Fab3 Seok Min and Chi Yong with Sun Bin their friendship is my kind also! Chi Yong is so inexperience in a lot of things because of something. It will be discussed later on the episode EVD operation was real first for him and he said he mess up and Dr SHwa there to the rescue and friends help him cope too
  5. Dr JWan and Dr Hak inseparable and I am thanking Juwan for giving his slow learner  resident.  I died he took away the momentum of Jwan to the parents and he scolded Juwan afterwards. I love that Jwan just stay quiet, taking the points. Dr Garden joining the trolling!  Okay with regards to the anti bribery — subtly discussed and Jwan has an a good alibi because he paid in cash for membership but it will be later discuss. Hahaha I just noticed Dr Garden is really part owner of the hospital as he knows what’s going on in the admin side. Dr Hak is really concerned too. I love their bestie partnership! 
  6. Jung Wan most likely date many times Ik Sun he rapping like her already. (YYS acting is spot on!) Hahaha and the Buljajangmyeon date scene is so cute. 
  7. Human Calendar — if Dr Jang will be Dr Garden’s girlfriend he can continue be daddy long legs because she has minimal dress code! Hahahaahah
  8. After laughing so hard then came the crying about the tumor cop! Waaaaah the conversation made me cry of his helplessness. 
  9. Another crying moment is the lady with liver problem! Ik Jun wanted her to survive because he had the hard time but in reality he knows what’s going on inside her because her husband having an affair.
  10. Okay this writer is getting me crazy from crying to laughing Dr Bae Vs Dr Jang referee Nurse Hui Su! Hahahaa okay Round 1 Dr Bae  won. 
  11. Psychic Dr Garden haha guessing Jwon’s secret dating life. R88 fans omaya with the new car.  The family meeting - request by Seok Hyeong this time. May I have such squad please? Last week its about SHwa test and now the divorce thingy but the boys end up complaining. First, the car ride —- the squad is really something to dream and they really know each other how to troll. I cannot accept that Dr Garden to be a priest. He’s such a savage — he knows how to get you like the Hawaii thingy. How will Ik Jun response upon knowing he Jwan hitting his sister.  Anyway, the family gathering —- ends up the boys complaining. Why did you call us if you only will accept SHwa’s advise which is the same us ours. hahaha my oh my —my dream squad. My brain by the way shut down in this scene as Dr Garden has change his work. So distracted of him being a mom with the reservations, and helping out the owner and dang they got free food! And what’s with the apron. But he looks more handsome to me. Plus a part of my heart Dr Garden vs Dr Roses (SHwa) he really changes tone when he speaks to song hwa. New learning - Song Hwa has three brothers that’s why she eats fast! Hahahaahahah
  12. Dr Yang — he came early to tell Song Hwa about telling his mom and Young Hye took it very well. Then we learned that his father got admitted at the VIP to hide from public. 
  13. R88 fans you are having fun meeting again the pheonix family! Hhahaha — another slight dodging bribery! Hahaha
  14. The Call with Dr Yang — will know something about this later
  15. I love the Young Hye and sly husband and mistress encounter. Omy I love her choice to look for a water for the mistress. Let’s get back later to it.
  16. lady with liver problem and transplant with liver from cheating husband. She does not want to live. I am crying again! 
  17. YH going around the toilet looking for bucket with dirty water. Her dedication I love it.  The scene satisfying and if I were YH I will also not give him the divorce. Hahahahahaaha so he can suffer all the way! by the way I commend the body guard for not treating the mistress accordingly. 
  18. Okay from satisfying scene we go to another crying time with Hyeon Su Police with tumor. Here we learn that Chi Yong’s reason of honorable discharge from military because of having OPLL. Sun Bin was shocked and so were the team. SHwa poker face. I know she knew after seeing him mess up in EVD surgery! 
  19. Okay Liver problem transplant from husband patient name is Shin Min Jin. Omy I totally cried to Ik Jun’s story how can PDnim do this thing. It was hard and was satisfying leading to healing. I have to settle my response to this scene before I was able to move on. 
  20. SHwa and Chi Yong is another heart breaking scene. I thought that being professors are just their positions but the Fab5 character has live up to their designations. You could see their professionalism when it comes to handling things except maybe a little different from JWan. Hhaahaha. Okay SHwa knew about the issue and she understands.  
  21. Fab3 omy I love their friendship too — the mini fab5. There support each other is satisfying too!
  22. Dr Garden Vs Dr Jang —- haha RDTK meme and I want Thursday to come fast. hahahaha. To know the output! Dr Garden is a very observant person but he also knew his path. Will that change?
  23. Band practice — Squad goals please let me have them! 
  • Like 5

19 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Some part of me do think about why Ikjun's ex wife cheated on him. Maybe because he didn't really interested in her when they were a married couple. Or she got jealous of people around him? Or Ikjun didn't the type of man she thinks he is? Or etc.

But I think even if it all happen, leaving your husband to be with your friend's husband is really really reaaaalllyy a trash thing someone could ever do to her/his spouse. So I won't accept whatever reason for her wrongdoing. She can ask for a divorce and get another man. Just resolve your problem first before get another problem :sweatingbullets: . She is as bad as SeokHyeong's father and his mistress at the same time. Double Combo. ckck

I miss our Uju. I really love him and part of me want him to be SongHwa's son. But even if it is not SongHwa, as long as his new mother is a good, loving, and caring woman to him (and of course for Ikjun too), I will really grateful. This kid deserves all the love he could get in the world because he is so lovely. :heart:

• Like 2

@Kaizen68 @maggiee Don't take me wrong. I do agree that Ik Jun's ex is a terrible person. Yes, as maggiee said she could have asked for a divorce first. And the fact that she left Uju is heartbreaking as hell. I was just thinking about what made her do that especially after they pointed out that she was the one who chased him. I'm not saying Ikjun didn't love his wife at all, he did, but maybe not with his whole heart? I think he didn't give his 100 percent in his relationship and that's part of the reason their marriage didn't work. Divorce is a pretty complicated subject. We can't really put the blame on any one person. Sighh 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, kokodus said:

@Kaizen68 @maggiee Don't take me wrong. I do agree that Ik Jun's ex is a terrible person. Yes, as maggiee said she could have asked for a divorce first. And the fact that she left Uju is heartbreaking as hell. I was just thinking about what made her do that especially after they pointed out that she was the one who chased him. I'm not saying Ikjun didn't love his wife at all, he did, but maybe not with his whole heart? I think he didn't give his 100 percent in his relationship and that's part of the reason their marriage didn't work. Divorce is a pretty complicated subject. We can't really put a blame on any one person, it takes two to tango afterall. LOL. 

I partially agree with you. I can see Ik Jun's personality has something to do with the divorce. We can't really put a blame on any one person for the divorce afterall. He let his wife working overseas and never imposes his own wills on others. He always put other wishes in advance and, somehow, very passive. So it seemed he didn't care his wife. But saying he didn't love his wife whole-heartedly (because he let his wife do whatever she wants, that's what we know so far), I hold back my statement about that. Because I don't think we could really tell.

In episode 6, when Ik Jun was visiting Go Ara's father. Nurse Song said that his kid dropped out of school. And Ik Jun answered, "If the kid doesn't want to go, you can't really do anything. I mean, what can you do?" If Ik Jun applied that parenting to Uju, let Uju does whatever he wants, does it mean he doesn't love Uju his whole heart? 

But as much as I want Ik Jun - Song Hwa to be together, I sense Ik Jun loved his wife more than Song Hwa. His 20s crush maybe already died down. He's 40 and probably has moved on, same like Song Hwa and Seok Hyung. They still go along just like friends. If he still hung up on his 20's crush, all of us could immediately tell he liked Song Hwa from the first episodes. But we didn't. We thought he was the last person involved in a romantic relationship with Song Hwa. Ok, I guessed it right once, but it was a very subtle emotion, and I surprised too.

But his expression when his wife asked for a divorce, when he found out his wife was having an affair, or when he told his patients how he was very hurt, the expressions are more real and more profound. For now, I assume it's clear he loved his wife whole-heartedly, and that's why he married her.

Song Hwa's sick maybe triggered the emotions that have died down. It doesn't mean he loves Song Hwa more in a romantic way or still hung up on his first crush. Therefore, in my opinion, their transitions from friendship to romance will be very slow and complicated. And I have no idea at all about the executions. Maybe some external/unexpected conditions will occur and make Ik Jun triggered again. Or he would have a character development before finally, he dare to confess. 

• Like 6

We learned more about Capt Ahn huhu i love him even more :heart:

And i’m actually quite surprise that he immediately mention Ik jun when he knew that Songhwa was a campus couple :huh:

ezgif-4-103e994518ac.gif

didn’t he in last episode use Song-hwa and Ikjun as references of Man-Woman who just friend without romantic interest?

does he sensed the Rivalry possibility already?:joy:

• Like 11
  • LOL 2
  • Insightful 2

4 minutes ago, loveiskim said:

And i’m actually quite surprise that he immediately mention Ik jun when he knew that Songhwa was a campus couple 

@loveiskim I guess he can sense from the morning coffee Ik Jun gave to Songhwa on the day she got her biopsy? He was the only one who entered the room?

• Like 2