[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

2 hours ago, RenRen said:

but idk really, I don't really mind this couple but from the 1st episode I was kida hoping Jeong Won and Song Hwa would get together idk why I just feel like altough we haven't seen any scene of them two alone you can see how much he cares for her in his actions

I have to agree with you on this. There’s something fishy about Jeongwon and Songhwa not getting many scenes alone. JW’s character description says that his 20s was for his first love. 

Are there any Jeongwon and Songhwa theories that you can share with me? Thanks

• Like 4

My thought is that, if he doesn’t mind going out with Bae, it could be because he knows and is confident that nothing further will develop. He can handle Bae no problem. But if he go out with Jang, he is not confident he could keep it neutral.... ;) 

yeah my thought too , specially for guy who noticed his friend hanging out with dr Jang and thought his married friend may cheat with her . Can also notice these woman he was taking for dinner may have feeling for him but he was confident he could control his feeling with them , when he with company of dr Jang he can’t . 

** But how interesting CSH had long serious relationship For couple of years , then after that she start dating short period . what make her don’t want to get married? 

15876993581587699317.gif

15876994801587699468.gif

• Like 7

there was few pages back that people analyse their relationship with the line appear in the scene.. i cant help to notice fews for this episode and preview

but of course please just take this as my opinion...me overthinking cause i had nothing to do (or cause i do not want do anything??hahaha)

1. look at scene of new official unannounced couple - how jung hwan holding ik sun hand and his after the line

c9ca868.jpg

2. here jung hwan and ik sun again, how they eat, had line but both at in the middle line 

c951b23.jpg

3. ik jun and song hwa - they had line between them, but different between jung hwan and ik sun both even close stay on their line 

db0893e.jpg

4. during geul wol confession times, how at line was actually a door bolts and those pass card key 

Spoiler

b3541d7.jpg

5. preview -  how there no line between them (there few pges back where they talk about ik sun and jung hwan with no line between them) and how jeong won the one who come close toward geul wol...but there also scene where after that only jeong won..and it could be geul wol walk away...thus this means she succes to open line of jeong won but since he (maybe confessed he became priest and it seen like geul wol try to move on and now it his turn to admit he had across the line)

Spoiler

c4e7155.jpg

still this is just my tought...cause i remember the talk about how line appear when they are in individual scene...and as i said man and woman can be friend or family even there are not related as long they not cross the line...

Edited by triplem
4th image onwards to go into spoiler. Thanks
  • Like 8

5 hours ago, andiamrea said:

This broke my heart. I know he will eventually talk about his divorce but the dialogue was so heartbreaking. I wasn't ready for it. :tears: It must have been so hard to talk about it and open yourself up to a total stranger

Not only the dialogue was heartbreaking, chingu. I watched the 1080p version and turned off the subtitle, and I was kinda shocked and totally stunned with Ik Jun's expression (it is always better to watch it from the drama directly rather than from my gif :) ). So yeah, maybe I recommend everyone for sometimes to watch without any sub.

Especially when he said, "My wife... had an affair with her friend's husband." He tried to restrain his tears by holding his  breath. And his eyes here... 

VVvS1AX.gif

When he couldn't speak anymore and he closed his eyes. 

"...because what she did to me was doing a disservice to myself."

O0Vm0rE.gif

So I think I understand when @snowlou said that she watched the drama without subtitle and realized Ik Jun's eyes and expression tells a lot of things without the words itself. And also conveying a more deeper emotions.

• Like 8
  • Love 8

The rating is going up!! 12% now and top 10 highest rated which is amazing!

And ofcourse as always another update for the chart.

Guess what after every episode our lovely 6 ost all got boost in chart ( melon )

Right now the realtime ranking as follow 9 00 KST ( Prime Time )

#2 Jo Jung Suk-Aloha ( right behind Paul Kim Comeback a big digital monster that usually destroy the chart but aloha somehow can keep the pace with the song in melon and only trailling by 4% ) 

#17 Joy ( #14 daily and stable rise charting. Hopefully can breakthrough top 10 soon )

#35 urban zakapa ( the rise is also one to watch. From debut at #95 and keep rising slowly but surely the song is just so soft and lovely ) 

#48 Kyuhyun ( also rising star from #100 charting and now keep rising. This is our official song for Dr jang and Jeong Won so i guess they are the ship to sail after all )

#52 kwak jin eon ( another great song from Hospital playlist ost, their daily rank is the lowest but let see if they can do a rising as well ) 

Last but not least the best comeback is kwon jin ah 

#60 kwon jin ah ( the rising is amazing from song that hovering around #120-#150 and almost never got into top 100 chart but have a resurgence i think after week 5 and now consistently in top 100 and now at #80 daily. Mind you a song that usually outside top 100 is harder to enter top 100.

For example 10cm OST from Crash landing on you. It is also First ost from the drama and the song is so good. But after debut just outside top 100 it never recover and never enter top 100 even with how popular the other ost were and the popularity of the drama it didnt help the song to reach top 100 till the end.

So for lonely night to get a surge back to top 100 is amazing )

And today we got another new ost to be added!

I am hype!! 

Edit:

Aloha regain #1 melon realtime and right now hovering at #3 genie,bugs,soribada and #1 flo.

Still going strong indeed

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

@Kaizen68 his ex wife is to worst...she the one who make distance between them..them make it LD is the reason why the relationship dont work up...and she even said she had no one and ask if ik jun dont believe him yet she bring that man meet theirs child during children’s day!!! 

and i think u jun know that his mom want him and that guy close that why he said in the episode (sandwich place) he not miss his mom and need only his dad...

now from what ik jun mention, she cheated with his friend..could be doctor too like them and maybe that guy go to german?(ex wife workplace) and that how they get closed....and for the fact ik jun always waiting her call means in their marriage she always had the voice...and think what she doing always the right things!!! 

he moving on even it i hurt, but since dr bong said he dates a lots and jung hwa said they never seing ik jun like the girl first...means all his ex was the one who confess to him...and we seing the last scene where he throws aways the gift 

wont if be weird if i said that part of reason why jeong won want to became priest cause he dont trust love?? i means it stated early that his parents married was arrange married...and how ik jun/jung hwa/song hwa on off with their ex make him decide love is for God....

and i wonder since jeong won never date,thus lots girl confess to him or he just said yes when they ask him dinner or movie that only realize there been reject when other where ask the same things...

maybe because they all in the early 40’s had lots up and down,more mature i wonder how they make decisions...since im early 30’s, my decision for certain path i choose is different compare to my easy going decision when im 20’...im realized there’s lot to consider when we growth up...

• Like 5

Just got to express my love for the residents after watching the latest episode

Loved the scene when they were swarming Dr Bong for extra infos on the Fab 5. I know we all love our 5 professors, but those 5 residents are actually my favourites too! I find all the little details extra adorable e.g. Chi Hong trying to shut Dr Bong up with the latte and the ARMY reference lol. And since when did Seok Min became a part of that group too? :D Also loved the bond between the NS residents, on how they got each other's back and made sure to cheer Chi Hong up after his first surgery. 

And loving Chi Hong's and Minha's development in this episode. It's apparent that Chi Hong doesn't appear to be the most confident or brilliant doctor there is, but the character is a proof that having the right attitude and mindset will always get you somewhere. On the other hand, we're shown the hardworking side of Minha in this episode and I'm loving this development. And the bear and fox reference was spot on! 

And based on the preview, it seems like they will focus on the residents too and can't wait for more and more development!

As for the loveline development, I think I'm really giving up on this. I'm just going to enjoy the love story just like how I'm enjoying my side dishes. :D

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

I think the reason Jeong Won turned down Gyeo Wool was because other people who admire or try to hit on him can take a casual dinner/movie outing and not make a big deal out of it......she is different, she is pretty straight forward.....there is a chance his carefree casual hanging out with her will cause her to get her hopes up for no reason.......she is different, he notices that...hence he keeps extra distance.....I know its heartbreaking but I just don't see this progressing as long as Jeong Won is completely over his intention of becoming a priest...Also Yoon Bok and Hong Do have twin cousin Monae and Manae.......the same Monae who is Wuju's friend!!!

Either that.... or he is fully aware that he carries a large target on his back. As the Heir, and technically... the sole owner of the Hospital... these are the realities that come with the status. Being single (available) and accomplished surgeon (Prof)...it is inevitable... there will be shot-takers.  It cannot be helped.

Just like Dr Chae Seong-Hwa...who has a similar target on her back. Why...even Capt Ahn who just joined the team, failed to resist falling for her....for who can overlook a well rounded (do-it-all), fully accomplished (Prof),  charming single female professional... with a sterling record. BTW...notice her unflinching muted smile after she asked Capt Ahn...do you like me?  and her body language seemed to suggest...it was something expected and ordinary.

So, it is understandable... if both are wary of falling rocks and romantic arrows along their path....  from friends or associates alike.  Is it any wonder... they both hold their cards very close to their chest?

Just a wild guess.  :P

• Like 4

What do the nurse means by bear and fox when she compare the 2 OB residents?

Who is the bear? Who is the fox?

Glad that JWan know what to do what not to do, he reported Dr Cheon to Hospital Chief and seem like next episode, there will be more battle between the two

• Like 1

Even without having to be observant of him, we all can clearly see Jeong-won was holding back or hiding something. And he only behaved like that towards Jang Gyeo-ul. I believe we will find out more about him next week, regardless what it is. The preview made me really curious anyway. But somehow, I don't think Jeong Won had feelings for Song Hwa because his mother did the narrative. And the preview always misdirected.

35ftyMO.gif

Sjr7zLD.gif

• Like 14

13 hours ago, kokodus said:

I just had this thought. Why did we automatically decide that Song hwa's crush was someone within the group. It could be anyone. Dr. Bong said she was in a long term relationship with a sunbae during her univ days. Hmmm....

I think it might have been because after she rejected SkHeong she called IJ to meet--it sounded like they had plans. Also SJ has a gift that seemed more then casual for her birthday.

I was surprised that IJ was the only squad member that went with Song Hwa to her doctor visit.

Also, if my memory serves me right--and it doesn't always, we saw that perhaps Song Hwa finding the men hiding out from the talent show wasn't a coincidence, but that she noticed IJ's absence and followed him.

While I don't have a pony in the race I don't think that JWon is  indifferent to Dr. Jang.  He is generous and complimentary to all, but he is almost scrupulous in NOT acknowledging her efforts.  I think he is attracted to her generosity of spirit.  I think her lack of bedside manners and sticking to the facts without thinking of the emotional consequence [similar to Jwan in Ep.7 sharing the results of the operation to the child's parent] brought her to his attention in an off-putting way.

I think Dr. Jang matter-a-factly removing the maggots from the homeless patient while everyone was repelled by the idea of touching him made JWon see her as pragmatic, without vanity, and someone in service to her patients.  

The fact that she ran after the abusive father, and kept going after she lost her shoe--and he said nothing!!!  The fact that she ran to get the liver delivered in the least time possible--and he said nothing!!! suggest that she has more of his attention than an average resident. It feels as if he is deliberately withholding himself from her.  I mean JWon would have showed more gratitude to the efforts of a food delivery person than that he did for Jang's effort.

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1

8 hours ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

I have never wanted to see a character’s date get rejected so bad. Reject her Jeong-won. Break my Dr. Jang’s heart (it’s only temporary). Wouldn’t it be best if Jeong-won DOES reject Dr. Jang? Signifying that for him, Dr. Jang is not like all the other staff? She’s someone he can’t be alone with to just eat a meal or watch a movie because it would mean something/be more than just that? ‬He can’t be alone with her because of the feels. She’s not like the nurses or Dr. Bae, she’s different. I am #teamrejection please and thank you. Reject her. REJECTION!! In a battle with God we got to play the long game. SPARTANS!! Lol. 

I’m all for this too. Go ahead Dr.Ahn, reject her. Let her go through this heartbreak. She’s a big girl, she can handle it :). This will make Dr Jang stronger and better with lessons learned from this heartache. She will blossom and we might get surprised with her transformation later on :)...

God is merciful and will not forsake those with pure hearts. A food for thought on Dr. Ahn Jeon Won :D

• Like 15
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

7 hours ago, jareen said:

No matter how selfish Ik jun's wife was,  she really gives Ik jun the whole universe through this wonderful boy

3 hours ago, Kaizen68 said:

Especially when he said, "My wife... had an affair with her friend's husband." He tried to restrain his tears by holding his  breath. And his eyes here... 

It is a shock that IJ's ex-wife is even more trashier than one may think. Cheating is already bad... cheating on her own friend's husband? That is another level, man.

7 hours ago, jareen said:

Jun wan oppa! I wanna know about your long story why you were exempted.  Let's eat jajangmyeon,ok??? :wub:

4 hours ago, LovelyLady said:

Jun wan and Ik sun are freaking cute.

Their scenes are cute, but I am actually surprised that Ik-soon and Jwan don't seem to know each other deep enough? Given Ik-joon was already the best friend of Jwan back in high school days, Ik-soon should at least know why Jwan was not enlisted? I am not sure if Jwan knew much about the trauma that refrained Ik-soon from romantic relationships too.

1 hour ago, krnfly said:

And based on the preview, it seems like they will focus on the residents too and can't wait for more and more development!

I am glad the residents are given their moments to shine. Looking forward to the next episode!

• Like 6

I may be the only one who is not sold on the Jeong Won and Gyeo Wool ship.......they are polar opposite in a way right now that I just don't think is compatible.......its one thing being shy but Gyeo Wool is massive introvert......she is talented but a relationship takes more than just admiring each other to work, she has to learn to be more expressive.......not to mention Jeong Won has nothing but being a priest in his head right now......so is it not natural that he did not lead her on?? They both are at very different points in their lives......one is still learning how to be a good surgeon while picking up social cues while the other may leave his profession for the sake of God.....Jeong Won has to give up on this idea first for him to notice Gyeo Wool and Gyeo Wool has to break out of her shell and become a bit more worldly, I don't mean that she is bad as she is but I need to see her growing past how she is right now....she is a bit like Seok Hyung right now and he was not able to sustain his marriage even for a year......just saying beyond the cuteness of the first crush, first love........there are things that are necessary....as it is Jeong Won and Gyeo Wool do not work as a couple.....they both need to grow a bit independently and then perhaps they can wind back to each other

• Like 5

The cameo of Taek’s appa and Sun Woo’s eomma was a lovely surprise. So cute how they adored Ik Jun so much. And understandably so. I thought it was a nice parallel of the two men. Both became single fathers due to different circumstances, but share the great similarity of raising their sons exceptionally well. Also, it was very brave of Ik Jun to speak so honestly about his failed marriage with his patient in order to help her understand what's best for herself. When you're willing to open up, it's amazing how sharing your own struggles and life experiences can make positive impact on someone else's. I know Ik Jun’s ultimate priority is his son, but I hope like Taek’s father, he will have his second chance and naturally find his life partner as well.

P.S. Jeong Won’s operation in the beginning brought me back the feels of Dr. Romantic. I almost forgot which show I was watching for a few minutes. :P

• Like 3
  • Love 6

37 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:
  Hide contents

@triplem they calling each other sweetie and baby :joy: @ktcjdrama check Chinese sub is it correct sub :D

@Ameera Ali Junwan giving us hope for this, he thought he was driving his gf:joy:

0uaRFAZ.gif
Also so funny when Seokhyung told his mother Junwan gf’s last name is ‘Bi’ as in ‘Rain’ (but the ‘Rain’ didn’t sound like his voice maybe someone else in the car said it lol)

• LOL 3

is there anyone who starting ship Songhwa & SoekHyung after watching Ep 7 :D

SoekHyung only listen to SongHwa

ezgif-4-87b667b83358.gif

ezgif-4-2fa1617b476c.gif

All knew that (they even tease SH-SH), but Songhwa just be cool about that too

SoekHyung only can be comforted by Songhwa

ezgif-4-f122a1129afe.gif

Spoiler

ezgif-4-3a8e24741401.gif

Edited by triplem
4th image onwards in spoiler . Thanks