[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

Loving all the love yeon seok is getting.....he had a rough start a flashing fame with chillbong and then he kind of almost disappeared from trending upper cream of A list stars....if he had continuous 1 or 2 hits after reply series he would have been like kim soo hyun and lee minho but then he had other plans like musicals...but then he as mr. Sunshine gu dong mae and now the purest hearthrobe ahn jeong won I am happy he is again getting loved and seen....he is a perfectionist and puts his all for his roles...I really want him to not be underrated anymore.

• Like 3
  • Love 12

Hi, this is what I look forward to. Please comment your thoughts! Pardon my English as well. 

in S1, we saw Gyeo-ul progressed in becoming less blunt, more caring and less stoic to patients and the relatives. We see her evolved. However, one thing we didn't see is her struggles as a doctor yet in handling emergency situation like patient dying or life-death in OR. I think writer will create stories to involve Gyeo-ul  into a life-death situation and this will make most impact on her. I would like to see writer to explore her humanity/emotional side in her. We saw her competence but we didnt see her struggle yet. We also wants to see JeongWon calm her and give her pep talk about patients life-death - more mature side of him.

We saw Chu Min Ha handled the situation over a patient- quite good?And she almost failed but it turns out okay and good for character development. I wonder how she can evolved more and more. 

Song Hwa POV. Yes, it is quite sudden for IkJun confession and added that, they were friends for 20 years. Plus, she is in comfortable space right now with IJ. When IJ confesses, maybe that space tore down? She is hesitating, but we can only hope the best. I cannot imagine how she able to interact with the other 99 Fivers in Sokcho. Time-skip or perhaps she is returning perhaps. She had a number of patients, maybe several appointments will prompt her to move back and forth to Yulje.

Seok Hyeong; Ex-Wife struggles? It can be that, the ex-wife wants to get back together because of the inheritance??? Or she is re-marrying to someone else. However, we have not seen the conclusion for the mistress. Poor child but good for her. His father passed away so no more scene of SeokHyung lamenting over newsletter and gossips.  At one point, her mother will also passes away. Her sickness is progressing and she is often in the hospital. Writer will try to create a situation where Seok Hyung left with no one except his friends. And soon, opening up his heart to more possibilities. 

JeongWon. I noticed that in the character transcript. He is less likely to get angry at medical staffs, doctors and patients. His anger and his bad side of stubbornness  is only for his friends. But he lied to her, he gets angry at her and even try to not care about her, all the points are ticked off. He wants Gyeo-ul. I wished we can see more POV from him. I am convinced about Gyeo-ul devotion but him? I want more evidence. huhuhuhuhu. 

The drawbacks about IkJun is that his character is too perfect. He had no flaws - good in music, in studying, in playing games and even parenting. How the heck we can see more development in his character. His character vulnerability was that time with the ex-wife. 

I just wish the writer will  NOT go with the route of time-skip and introduce more new characters (different faces of Hospital Staff). just retain all the present support roles and not abandon them.  

• Like 12
  • Love 5

5 hours ago, kokodus said:

I think Jeong won will still be a cheapskate and won't change much in the next season. LOL. Certain behaviours are inherent and can't be changed. He may not buy an expensive car like Jun wan or treat her to steak on weekends, but he sure is going to make her and our hearts flutter by doing simple mundane things (ref- chocopie passing) LOL. I think this is going to be the running gag in the next season. Everyone around him is going to blame him for not treating his girlfriend nicely by taking her out or buying her stuff, but Gyeo ul will take his side and be like "Tteokbokki is my favourite food anyways" hahahahaha. 

Considering how minimal Gyeo Ul has been and just how refreshingly unique it is to watch them - I anticipate their dates to be unique as well. I have much less hopes about seeing them do a lot of things together, because the drama seems to focus more on scenes at the hospital, band and meals. 

Therefore, I expect much less time outside (at Rosa's possibly only starts in Season 3, but Rosa may already start bonding with Gyeo Ul in next season) and more dates at the hospital and having meals together - or rather Jeong Won feeding her more. 

I would like to see them volunteer at an orphanage together and of course for her to watch the band play (though doubt it happens in Season 3) because they both would keep dating discreetly with Jeong Won being very obvious with his feelings to every else around him. 

Having more scenes going for walks together, taking the bus/train together, enjoying the nature together would be most ideal for them and I am not sure if there will be more outdoor scenes with these two because they just keep working. 

I also intrigued to find out how these two being inexperienced will balance dating and demanding jobs that they have. It may be challenging especially past the honeymoon period as they continue to get to know each other. More so than that, I am looking forward to how they would both be each other's support system, encouraging and empowering each other. 

• Like 10
  • Love 8

2 hours ago, Deltay said:

Loving all the love yeon seok is getting.....he had a rough start a flashing fame with chillbong and then he kind of almost disappeared from trending upper cream of A list stars....if he had continuous 1 or 2 hits after reply series he would have been like kim soo hyun and lee minho but then he had other plans like musicals...but then he as mr. Sunshine gu dong mae and now the purest hearthrobe ahn jeong won I am happy he is again getting loved and seen....he is a perfectionist and puts his all for his roles...I really want him to not be underrated anymore.

i think i love how humble he was...despite popularity yet he still the same, and i actually love how he choose to stick with theatre even he can choose others project that can make make him gain popularity...but knowing him from interview and how others describe him show he was a man who know his priorities and enjoy his works...and i think theatre is part of them...same goes with jjs  who only get know after 10 years in industry yet still choose theatre project as it is him passion...and because of this character yys had such a great fans...i found this is more admiring compare having lots of fans yet the fan make decision oppa cannot like others or oppa had this relationship with this oppa and themselves cant make decision...

Instead YYS fans who totally admire and love him for the way he was wish him happinesses, wish he found the girl he want to build family..and give certain personal space when he go travel either with friend and family’s.

as i write i notice that actor and actress in HP almost got same career...YYS only getting well know after 10 years in industry in 2014 cause of chilbong and his supprting roles getting recognised...JJS also getting know after 10 years when he star in king two hearts then he start getting lead role such as another lee sun sin and oh my ghost which his work became recognised 

kim dae myung also, he name did became the talk after misaeng but after that his project more to movie and theatre 

mi do has been well know in theatre drama bus as actress in drama this show had make people international recognised his talent 

even shin hyun bin getting recognised from geul wol character and he actually being in industry for almost 10 years

so that why even knowing the lead had family or had married people still so hype with this drama cause they seing them as actor and actress who deliver character so well and some even became fans of that...and for me this is such a positive mindset and create more positive vibe in industry...as we know especially idol who get critic and how their live can be see us upper level with popularity yet due certain issue that effect their mental constantly and seing this years how we loss some stars make me so hurtful and felt sory cause when i see actor i like such as lee seung gi, even here yys and jjs have more positive fans im start to think its ok they dont need to be in the highest yet i just want more people like them and most important pray for their happiness...

i think im also growth up there certain point when i stop seing lee seung gi, yoo yeok seok instead of future husband but seing them as part of me..family that never know me but give me so much happiness through their work 

• Like 8
  • Love 6

14 hours ago, syl47c said:

Hullo! 

Thanks for great observations! About this particular point of Gyeol-Ul possibly being well-off piqued my interest and made me re-watch Episode 3 and the dialogue. 

In that scene, what Chu Min-ha said to Seok-hyung was, [Ob-Gyn team] would like to have a meal with him; [GS team] often gets treated to beef. 

She didn't actually mention Gyeol-Ul's name. However, Netflix subs mentioned "Dr Jang" treats them to beef. I don't think Netflix's translation here is correct. (Anyone/ Everyone please correct me if I'm wrong; my Korean is basic at best)

I would think that it's the GS professors treating their "only child of GS" , 3rd year resident to beef instead - not the other way round.

Hence there would need to be more evidence to support suspicions that Gyeol-Ul is well-off/ from a rich background. 

TBH, there have been a number of instances where the Netflix subs have been inaccurate, skewing nuances and ruins viewer's understanding of the scenes. I would take their translations with a pinch of salt. 

While I'm elated to be able to watch Hospital Playlist on Netflix an hour after it broadcasts in S.Korea (in my region anyway), the translations can certainly be improved. 

Just my 2 cents' worth! :)

Omg thank you for this!!!!!!

I immediately jumped to conclusions from the subs even though something did seem off about it haha

Hope they improve the subs in the future because the inaccuracies were often mentioned by posters earlier

And you're right, it makes sense for the GS professors to treat her instead of the other way around hehe

• Like 8

The power of Hospital Playlist! :lol:

At first, I was like who is Yoon Shin-hye? LOL! Her name surely give a big impact at the last second of Season 1.

Shin-Lee need to do fast progress because many people are very exciting with Season 2. :wub:

• Like 2
  • LOL 8

Spoiler

Watching this video of Youth Over Flower, isn't this Ikjoon when he just arrived to Seoul? :joy:

So JJS had already gave us a preview of Ikjoon in YOF :joy:

https://www.instagram.com/stories/15ya.baby/2323065821158709732/

View this ig story, the live band performance for tmr will take place at 10:30PM KST

Before that, the special behind the scene special will broadcast at 9:30PM KST

• Like 6
  • LOL 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Deltay said:

im happy for YYS too

I tend to not fangirling over handsome guys, so i had my preservation of YYS in the past

his past dramas didnt love struck me either

although i like his interviews at happy together & night bar (or something..with heechul & shin dong yup)

BUT this time with hospital list, i love how he potrayed JWon

his subtle love progress makes me so curious that i start rewatching the drama over & over

From his past variety show, Youth Over Flower with PD Na, where he went to Cambodia with SOn Ho Jun & Baro,

I love how YYS is not a picky eater

I hate picky eater men...so troublesome yet dont do any effort to find any food

Waitt...talking about PD Na..he happened to kidnap Reply 88's cast & dump them on Africa :joy:

Will we get the same chance of HP's casts to be kidnap & dump them somewhere??

In this corana situation, it's less likely to happen but i can't help wishing for it

Jung Kyung Ho & kim Dae Myung who never experience the fierceness of PD NA should 

at least taste it once in their lifetime

Edited by yukiyukiku
misspelled words
  • Like 1
  • LOL 7

2 hours ago, ryanallright said:
  Reveal hidden contents

View this ig story, the live band performance for tmr will take place at 10:30PM KST

Before that, the special behind the scene special will broadcast at 9:30PM KST

@Ameera Ali @snowlou Special bts airing tomorrow at 9.30pm KST since you were asking on another thread!

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks!
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, kokodus said:
Nope I'm not crying seeing Songhwa's office empty. Nope not at all....me not crying. I'm strong. I can get through this. 

nadoo..me too :bawling:

JKH must be feeling a little blue

can he ask the writer & the PD for us when the shooting for the 2nnd season start :bawling:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1

54 minutes ago, yukiyukiku said:

nadoo..me too :bawling:

JKH must be feeling a little blue

can he ask the writer & the PD for us when the shooting for the 2nnd season start :bawling:

They previously said the shooting will start in November. Mido and YYS have musicals lined up and Yeon seok also signed up for a movie, JJS is going to be a father, so he will be busy with that. I wonder what JKH is upto during this break....

I'm just going to be here watching this video everyday until S2 comes out...

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

There's really no danger of that happening after this. ;) He's a revelation in this role... What an incredible display of versatility and range. He covered the entire gamut emotions in this. When I watch him in that confession scene I am constantly in awe of how he transformed himself into a completely different man right in front of SHB. It was so gradual too from the moment he looked startled at her words "I like you" to the moment he touched her head.This was a side of him I don't think we had seen before in this drama. When we looked at him from her perspective... we were witnessing what she was purportedly seeing... a completely different Ahn Jeong-won. Not the professor of pediatric surgery, not the manchild that his friends know and love but a different beast... the birth of a lover perhaps. It was a side of him that had been concealed from the world and was now unmasking in full view... in all its vulnerable glory. He was tearing up, trembling... completely giving himself over to her like a man who has been in a fighting match of his life and now it's all over, he collapses into a heap. In complete surrender.

I can't get over his performance there.

Hers too. They were both outstanding.

He and Shin Hyun Bin have just been so incredible. That scene when she sees him for the first time. That star-struck child-like wonder. How does she do it? So adorable.

Whoever cast those two... knows exactly what they're doing.

One of the reasons I love HP so much (that I keep rewatching all the episodes) are all the actors’ incredible performances.  I haven’t seen a drama that gave such beautiful performances, and believe me I have seen a lot of kdramas. I am not even familiar with most of the actors except for YYS. Shin PD really knows where to look for great actors.

YYS and SHB were a revelation in this series. I was awestruck by SHB quivering lips and YYS expression that said it all. Even if I replay it a million times I still get that same feeling. I’m not even bothered that the kiss was a ‘peck’ because for me what made this scene outstanding were the emotions expertly delivered. 

I don’t think any other drama can top this for me at the moment. Everything would seem meh. I would probably be stuck with HP until season 2 comes in. 

• Like 13
  • Love 11

3 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

There's really no danger of that happening after this. ;) He's a revelation in this role... What an incredible display of versatility and range. He covered the entire gamut emotions in this. When I watch him in that confession scene I am constantly in awe of how he transformed himself into a completely different man right in front of SHB. It was so gradual too from the moment he looked startled at her words "I like you" to the moment he touched her head.This was a side of him I don't think we had seen before in this drama. When we looked at him from her perspective... we were witnessing what she was purportedly seeing... a completely different Ahn Jeong-won. Not the professor of pediatric surgery, not the manchild that his friends know and love but a different beast... the birth of a lover perhaps. It was a side of him that had been concealed from the world and was now unmasking in full view... in all its vulnerable glory. He was tearing up, trembling... completely giving himself over to her like a man who has been in a fighting match of his life and now it's all over, he collapses into a heap. In complete surrender.

I can't get over his performance there.

Hers too. They were both outstanding.

He and Shin Hyun Bin have just been so incredible. That scene when she sees him for the first time. That star-struck child-like wonder. How does she do it? So adorable.

Whoever cast those two... knows exactly what they're doing.

Yess let the peak continue in his life I hope he and SHB get all the fame, love and respect they deserve:blush:

• Like 8
  • Love 5

72f858d3ly1gfewjfua5dj20n016fnj0.jpg

72f858d3ly1gfex6cma9rj20dw0dwwet.jpg

72f858d3ly1gfexev7fvlj20e80e8q64.jpg

Lightstick for tmr, I finally get what it means when their IG uses this icecream cone for preview

구구 for 99s

No wonder Shin Hyunbin mentioned that she could sing but there are too many musical actors/actresses in it

Look at her sing 9 years ago

https://www.weibo.com/1806755760/J4WIZhQiM

saw this on weibo, WinterGarden OST duet for Season 2!

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 3

28 minutes ago, superspace said:

I am so excited for the band live performance!!:wub:

Hope I can understand what was JJS saying!

If he was giving a spoiler of band live or he was giving the idea :D

Okay here's a summary of what happened in this video since I subbed it before:

This is from an old interview they did.

Basically JJS said there will be a new song in each episode of the drama and he said something like they are able to perform the songs now and suggested that maybe they could do it 'live' once...

And the rest of them quickly shushed him... JKH said this interview is being broadcasted and JJS looked sheepish and apologised :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1