[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

15 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I should draw your attention to the BGM when Rosa was talking to Jang. It’s Pachelbel’s Canon, music that is often played during a wedding, usually when a bride walks down the aisle. 

My guess about the preview view when JWon said “Please take care of Dr.Jang” ~ I think he is probably speaking to the next department where Jang will be assisting next after helping him in pediatrics. 

I also read a theory that what he said in the preview may be when she was admitted for her allergic reaction and he may have told Minha to take care of her for him 

• Like 7

I'm hoping that knetz are right about JW visiting GU when she was in ER for her allergic reaction. I don't want to jinx it but they have been right about everything so far...... the cigarette theory, Mama rosa's meeting with GU. But even if it doesn't come true, I'm happy with their progress. He has come a long way from "She is not my cup of tea" to " Please take good care of Dr. Jang". :heart:

• Like 7
  • Love 9

7 hours ago, ryanallright said:

I feel that with subtle hinting at IJ’s home, restaurant and noraebang, if SHwa still could not catch on this. Wow, I would be amused.....

I think she is just pretending and confuse over the two suitors.

I think she flat out rejected both of them.  Some people cannot get the meaning of the word "NO".  How long ago did she reject CH - and he kept at it till this episode.  Even in this episode she did not want to go out to dinner with him to give him the wrong idea.  But he wanted to speak informally to her as a birthday gift.  But what were his actions,  - he touched her as it she belonged to him.  That is crossing boundaries which should not be unless it is mutual.  She could not say anything and was flummoxed to do anything about it. 

IJ proposed at the dinner table in the previous episode - SHwa turned her head away and changed topics.  IJ did not get the hint that she was not interested.  Today's episode, he crossed boundary by tapping on her shoulder -  Too much skin ship without being asked.  In the NS meeting, he openly said that he likes her.  You can see SHwa eyes look towards the floor and she was embarrassed and even angry that he still did not understand that she did not have similar feelings like him.   She was even angry in the taxi.  So, after that she has been trying to stay away since she cannot reciprocate his feelings.  I feel really sorry for her that she is too nice and IJ and SHwa are friends for 20+ years and being friends he should have understood when she rejected him in the previous episode.  

Just my 2 cents.  Appreciate letting everyone have a fair share to discuss the topic on this forum.  

14 minutes ago, Day said:

I also read a theory that what he said in the preview may be when she was admitted for her allergic reaction and he may have told Minha to take care of her for him 

It can't be Min ha though....she told Gyeo ul that "If he likes you he would have come" If this theory was true I think he would have come when Min ha was sleeping and maybe he told the nurse in charge to take good care of her. Actually some twitter people were guessing that it could be Dr. Bong as he is the ER incharge. 

• Like 12

45 minutes ago, angelguccio said:

Guys, just now I read some comment in youtube who thinks that IJ and SHwa actually dating back then...and then after SHyeong conffessed they broke up

After read that comment it totally make sense (for me) because I read in this forum that SHwa little bit upset because of IJ conffession (I'm sorry...because I haven't watched the last episode yet so I mighy be wrong) so the theory might be make sense to

HP is plot by 3 season so I'm actually try to not have any expectation (afraid) because it can be change in the rest of the season and maybe because I'm in the minority of shipping my couple:D 

P.S. Literally I'm not Ik-Song shipper and sorry about my bad english hopefully you can understand what I mean:)

Interesting, seem possible.

I re-watch ep6 where IJ have a drink with SeokHyeong, on SHwa bday, IJ had arranged to meet her and when SHwa messaged him to ask on the meeting location. IJ replied he has urgent matters and decided to meet another day.

And we all know what happened next, IJ threw away the ring before going to the station to pick SHyeong up.

Actually this is no clear answer whether they used to date or IJ is using the ring to wish SHwa happy bday before confessing.

In ep2, SHwa only mentioned there is someone in her mind, so no definite answer.

However I am leaning towards they did not date in the past, just did not have the chance to confess and miss the boat after that.

11 minutes ago, angelwingssf said:

I think she flat out rejected both of them.  Some people cannot get the meaning of the word "NO".  How long ago did she reject CH - and he kept at it till this episode.  Even in this episode she did not want to go out to dinner with him to give him the wrong idea.  But he wanted to speak informally to her as a birthday gift.  But what were his actions,  - he touched her as it she belonged to him.  That is crossing boundaries which should not be unless it is mutual.  She could not say anything and was flummoxed to do anything about it. 

IJ proposed at the dinner table in the previous episode - SHwa turned her head away and changed topics.  IJ did not get the hint that she was not interested.  Today's episode, he crossed boundary by tapping on her shoulder -  Too much skin ship without being asked.  In the NS meeting, he openly said that he likes her.  You can see SHwa eyes look towards the floor and she was embarrassed and even angry that he still did not understand that she did not have similar feelings like him.   She was even angry in the taxi.  So, after that she has been trying to stay away since she cannot reciprocate his feelings.  I feel really sorry for her that she is too nice and IJ and SHwa are friends for 20+ years and being friends he should have understood when she rejected him in the previous episode.  

Just my 2 cents.  Appreciate letting everyone have a fair share to discuss the topic on this forum.  

Embarrassed yes

Angry no

More of frustrated or annoyed.

It is not angry. 

Did she rejected him when she asked him to eat up before he mentioned it is raining? I don't think so.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, angelwingssf said:

I think it's a bit different with Iksong though, Songhwa has not reject Ikjun yet, I think Songhwa is a very straight forward person, if it's no then it's no, just like Seokhyung and Captain Ahn, but she never said no to Ikjun, at least not yet.

and Ikjun actually didn't properly confess to her  the one in ep 10 was bit too indirect and the team dinner cannot really be considered direct confession tbh

• Like 8

Songhwa and Ikjoon may need some time apart. I hate how we always end up relating it to the previous works, but I just noticed that couples in Shin PD's dramas spend a period of being away from each other and come back with a clearer understanding of how they feel.

Spoiler

1. Yoon Jae and Shi Won (Reply 1997)

Yoon Jae confessed to her on the night of her birthday, left her with the ring, and told her to throw it away. Shi Won asked if they could be friends again, Yoon Jae responds with "Friends? You've got to be kidding me." They entered college and never communicated again to the point of avoiding each other during family reunions, with Yoon Jae coming up with a gazillion of excuses not to see her. 

Six years later, 2005, they saw each other again at a coffee shop and around that time, Shi Won was already having feelings for him. 

2. Na Jung and Trash/Jae Joon (Reply 1994)

Compared to our other ships, they started dating pretty early, but things didn't end well because of their long distance relationship. Na Jung and Trash broke up without having a chance to settle their relationship and also spent a few months (or more than a year) without any contact. When they met again at a coffee shop in 1999, Na Jung explained that she finally understood why they broke up like that (Trash always felt the need to be the reliable "Oppa" in the relationship, rather than being a partner to Na Jung. He only wanted to show her his good side, but Na Jung also wanted him to depend on her as much as she depended on him). 

A few weeks later, Trash called Na Jung in the middle of the night asking her if she could come over because he was sick. It was the first time that Trash became vulnerable like that, so Na Jung rushed to his apartment and they got back together.

3. Deok Sun, Taek, & Jung Hwan

Deok Sun's situation was by far the most complex out of the 3 women and they also accurately depicted the feelings of a girl going through adolescence. She had a crush on 3 of her male friends, and it also took her a few years to realize that she was in love with Taek. Deok Sun also found out that the kiss they shared back then was real, and turns out that Taek loved her, too.

Jung Hwan endured a lot of heartbreak in this show and it also took him a lot of time to finally understand where he went wrong. He didn't bother expressing how he truly felt for Deok Sun before, and he was still very indecisive 5 years later, which led to his demise and regret over the things he could've done in the past. Jung Hwan came to the realization that he also had to be upfront about his feelings instead of burying it.

It seems to me that prior to their employment at Yulje, Ik Joon and Song Hwa didn't see each other frequently (they & the rest of the gang worked in different hospitals so it could've been impossible). It was only until Ik Joon got divorced and Song Hwa got a biopsy that they began spending a lot of time together. Remember how Episode 6 became a turning point for Ik Joon? This thread may (since we have no idea how Song Hwa truly feels) also serve as an explanation for the change in dynamic between these two. Song Hwa only used to smile at Ik Joon's jokes, but in Episode 9 she let herself loose: 

I agree with what everyone said here that Song Hwa is pretty confused and shocked right now. If we can indeed confirm that her first love was Ik Joon, it will also be pretty understandable for her to think, "Why now?" She needs to come to Seokcho to sort her feelings out, not to mention that reciprocating her feelings for Ik Joon would change her life. It's unlike the aforementioned couples who were only in their 20s; Ik Joon is a single dad who does his best to make time for his son. Song Hwa would also need to be a mother to Uju and the amount of responsibility that needs is no joke (she may have to give up camping on weekends). 

Maybe something huge will happen in 2020, isn't this the year they will all turn 40? 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 10

6 minutes ago, milkokoa said:

I think it's a bit different with Iksong though, Songhwa has not reject Ikjun yet, I think Songhwa is a very straight forward person, if it's no then it's no, just like Seokhyung and Captain Ahn, but she never said no to Ikjun, at least not yet.

and Ikjun actually didn't properly confess to her  the one in ep 10 was bit too indirect and the team dinner cannot really be considered direct confession tbh

I also think so.

Is there anger? I re-watch that scene several time but I could only sense annoyed or frustrated.

Did she rejected him when she asked him to eat up before he mentioned it is raining? I don't think so.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, ryanallright said:

Is there anger? I re-watch that scene several time but I could only sense annoyed or frustrated.

Yeah, it seemed more like that. I agree with you. Confusion also works. For us, we know that what Ik-jun said in the dining table scene is a confession, but Song-hwa doesn't. It still sounds vague. She may have interpreted it as Ik-jun enjoying her company as a best friend, as an emotional and mental anchor he can rely on. The drinking match was the first time he admitted it outright; unfortunately for both of them, it isn't under better circumstances.

I'm relieved that Ik-jun didn't back down this time. I think him admitting otherwise would be more detrimental to their relationship, especially at this point. Had he said otherwise, it would've confused Song-hwa more, especially considering their conversation in the previous episode.  He would've shot himself in the foot. 

• Like 13

5 hours ago, ainipang said:

Im just thinking that there may be plot twist on why jeongwon want to stop working. Either he is sick or wanted to become doc at another place. Or maybe he want to continue studyy..

I also think he is sick with his frequent headache and painkiller intake, but don't worry Jwon you have GW to look after you :wub:

• Like 2

EPISODE 11 WHERE DO I START?

Of course I start from minute 35:00 and my happiness ends at 36:00, that banmal scene cause me to roll over my bed and scream at the top of my lungs while being cautious of other people around the house, I thought was going to sink but I have a 50/50 chance next week so bring it on. The flashback scene of Captain Ahn and Song Hwa was really cute and how now Captain Ahn is doing the same thing in the elevator, (writer-nim please be good to me next week)

Seriously though, the chemistry of Ik-Jun and Jung-Hwan is really good and how you can know that they've been friends for a really long time, the call scene was hilarious to say the least.

As with Gyeol-oh and Jeong Won, all I have to say is that as long as Chilbongie is happy, I'm happy, I don't have any expections.

As for you guys, prepare you hearts, cause definitely next week we're finally gonna know at least 1% about where are ships are going to be, either at the bottom of the sea or at the dock, the writer decides (sob). 

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, ryanallright said:

@triplem Just post, anyway credit the original owner. I did provide the link to the owner on my post

Fun Fact:

Best friend in drama.

Same bday and year in reality

Hahaha I have known about it before and laugh about it.

But do you know that for WinterGarden that their real birthday is also close though the year is 2 years apart.

Yoo Yeon Seok : 11 April 1984

Shin Hyun Bin : 10 April 1986

:wub:

• Like 1
  • Love 6
  • Insightful 1

@loopo Neither will sink or dock, we will have to find out next year. I think Shin PD and Writer Lee will continue to tease us for the finale 

Just read up on full interview on JMD's elle interview

JMD know Eun-jin personally, got close to Shin Hyunbin at the drama and were university classmates with Kwak Sun-young

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Insightful 2

I am waiting for the soundtrack in Spotify. After hearing part of it in instagram, I know this "I knew I love you" by JMD will be my 2nd best soundtrack after Canon. Of course it is in the first place regarding the voice. Her voice is so amazing. I am a fan of musical drama and I can't say anything other than that this woman really need to have an album as soon as possible. I love her! 

• Like 4