[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

17 minutes ago, kawaiiprincess1987 said:

When Song Hwa said "No, we're just really friends" during the drinking game, I was like... "Damn gurl, didn't he low key pour out his feelings to you over breakfast the other week? Why you do this to hiiiim?!" :(

I don't bother this line so much since they were in public place with all of their juniors... I watched Romantic Doctor Kim season 1 these day and the main couple also always "Nah, we are not dating" but you know they are freaky cute together and everyone knows the relationship : ))

35 minutes ago, Kathy345 said:

I was screaming out loud like ... Noooooooo, you can't run away like thisss (I was too much hoping IJ super indirectly confess to be succeed :D)

Yes, it's because of SHwa sickness to move to Sokcho but I still feel that it's kind of excuse that she use to hide her feeling as well.

I just wonder, the whole scene IJ seems very uncomfortable, he didn't say a thing and SHwa also avoid looking to him. Just why??? 90% of mine I believe that the main reason she decided to leave is because of IJ feeling towards her.

Is she running away of IJ, or running away of her true feeling? Who knows :)

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 4

Unpopular opinion, but I think this episode felt a lot like a wrap to this season and preview seems like a nice long epilogue to season 1.

I highly doubt we are going to get any kind of conclusion or any more answers than we already have to any of the existing equations between our characters and the production team/creators might only bait us with part information/scenes by the end of this season.  

Apologies for my following little rant – I understand that they need to create intrigue and curiosity amongst the audience to have them tune into season 2, but they really need to give out at least SOME kind, no matter how minuscule answers to questions raised in viewers mind over the course of last 10-odd episodes. I can be absolutely wrong (I’d love and hope to be), but 11 episodes in its left me with majority unanswered questions and uncertainties and I’m not seeing any of them being answered in the next episode too. (I so wish to be proven wrong though)

I apologize once again for my rant here, but think I’m already having withdrawal sadness from this drama and thus the above rant. I’m so going to miss our Lacking 5 and all other characters!

P.S – is the schedule for second season set, do we have any information out on expected airing date? We’ll see our ensemble cast back in season 2, right? I’m assuming the cast would’ve agreed for this “seasonal format” on prior arrangement, I’d feel sad if one or more of our characters will be missing from subsequent seasons. :( 

• Like 13
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 2

Am I the only one wanting SH with CH? 

No hate please. But I would love it if SH and IJ continued to be best friends. If they broke up that means the five of them will be awkward when they’re together. I don’t want that happening. I’m speaking from experience. I dated my best friend and when we broke up, even our friends were weird with us. The entire gang broke up and we’re no longer in contact. He dated someone else and I dated someone else but we never saw eye to eye ever since. We were best friends since our childhood so to think of it, it’s weird. So I guess I’m the only one who doesn’t want SH and IJ to date. The awkwardness to kiss your best friend, to know that they have kissed other people, slept with other people and told you about those other people is too weird to name. I would prefer if the writer would pull a surprise twist and make SH date CH or make her be alone in her new hospital. That would be better than dating her best friend.

Please no hate. Please.

• Like 5
  • Unamused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3

Wonderful painful episode. It was heartbreaking. I loved patients this week. Each and everyone was touching in it's own way.

I was especially really liked at how beautifully the wife of the liver patient who does not want to donate was handled. She was not made to look the villain. We were made to empathize with her. Lovely..

Ik jun ah why you do this to me?? I had tears when he was singing. Song hwa reaction was very telling. She was not shy or taken aback or even upset she seemed pissed off. I get the feeling is song hwa is angry at ik jun because she tried to make a move before and he rejected her. If it's not that her reaction is very extreme. If she was not at all interested in him she would not be irritated with him. She would be understanding and let him down gently. 

I am so clearly team ik song but capt ahn is a great match for her too. I do not think what he did to ik jun was particularly wrong he just wanted to know it stright. He should have been more considerate to song hwas feelings but a little drunk and frustrated I dont think he could fully process how she would  actually feel. 

Andrea and gyewool. Mama rosa on to the ship let's see how it goes. Andrea did seem a lot more open with her this episode. He is confused let's see.

Ik sun ju wan cute. A little too cute for my liking this episode. No real conflict. Maybe am just addicted to the drama. 

They are clearly going to leave it open ended for atleast 2 couples. And I hate that. I cannot wait.

Please let iksong be together by the season end. I just want ik jun to be truly happy. 

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

3 minutes ago, heartoppaya said:

No hate please. But I would love it if SH and IJ continued to be best friends. If they broke up that means the five of them will be awkward when they’re together. I don’t want that happening. I’m speaking from experience. I dated my best friend and when we broke up, even our friends were weird with us. The entire gang broke up and we’re no longer in contact. He dated someone else and I dated someone else but we never saw eye to eye ever since. We were best friends since our childhood so to think of it, it’s weird. So I guess I’m the only one who doesn’t want SH and IJ to date. The awkwardness to kiss your best friend, to know that they have kissed other people, slept with other people and told you about those other people is too weird to name. I would prefer if the writer would pull a surprise twist and make SH date CH or make her be alone in her new hospital. That would be better than dating her best friend.

Please no hate. Please.

What if they NEVER broke up? (:

• Like 6
  • Love 2

38 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Ahhh...but isn't it strange for him to buy a ring of all things to confess to her. Rings are made for proposals. LOLOL. But yeah them secretly dating during college is really a very far fetched idea. I don't think if they were already dating, he would give up on her just because of Seok Hyeong. Hmmm....

Couple rings are also a kind of item for dating. So he plan to confess with a ring and date SHwa, SHwa happened to be a cute girl and so that how he describe her to the saleperson.

@alleram95 Thanks for the source, hope her OST can achieved top 10 as well!!!!! 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Omg, Mi Na is so cute. She needs to meet Seok Hyun mom by chance ASAP. I do think she'll love her.

Ikjun Jung Wan Iksun scene are hilarious. Kudos for JJS and JKH for their comic timing. But poor Iksun and Jung Wan, I do think Ikjun failed LDM, haunt them. LDR wont be easy.

Damned I am so torn, If I were Song Hwa, greed will get the best of me, I want both Ik Jun and Chi Hong. Btw I do think Song Hwa herself is torn, who to choose, old flames or new love. I've been in her shoes, as geek I did try to weigh on pros and cons on choosing the best suitor, and how it will affect my future lifestyle. But I think she has her own priorities. After the cancer scare, I can see that she decided to put herself first, health wise. Her moving to Sokcho, was already planned before hand. She did mention that she want to work at a rural hospital for a year.

In my last post I did mention about trigger. Ik Jun confession add one more trigger. But I still think that both man still need to up their game. But I am almost sure there will be open ending. Song Hwa will be two hours drive away. But if Jung Wan managed to court Iksun who lived much farther away, Ikjun Chihong can do it as well. But we'll be seeing them fighting for Song Hwa love in next season.

About Andrea, this is very interesting development, that mom gives Winter a mission to prevent her son become a priest. In her eyes her son likes Winter. Is she important in his heart to cancel his decission? Rosa herself said to her bbf that it is a gamble: hit or miss. So based on this new development, series of events that happen between Andrea and Winter, i count as triggers now. The maggot incident, when still married ikjun met Winter, chasing accident, baby heart transplant, choco pie, dinner invitation, possible competitor and rose boquet, her explanation to baby's mom, and last but not leastly ikjun plea as her manager. And contrary to some of the viewer who always question Winter competence, in this episode we did see that undoubtly she is competent. I am revisiting winter scene and compare it with other residents, while other get scolded coz their lack of technical skill (e.g jae hak), winter so far get trouble for her patien communication skill, but we saw that she is improving.

My guess is Winter factor wont be enough to prevent him from leaving. Fact that pediatric surgeon is rare will be deciding factor. My guess is there'll will be an important patient with critical condition and Andrea will have to stay for her/him.

• Like 12
  • Love 4

6 minutes ago, heartoppaya said:

Please no hate. Please.

CH is a nice guy so I really won't mind if they end up together too. But IkJun has loved SH for sooo long. 

In the beginning of this series I was also like, "i hope they all remain platonic" because I wanted a series to reinforce the idea that a guy and a girl can just be best friends (because my bestest friend is a guy too and I hate it when people imply that we have feelings for each other). But the writer and director has tricked us into cheering for SH and IJ, I fell for the trap. LOL. 

• Like 11
  • Awesome 1

12 minutes ago, Slyfindor said:

Unpopular opinion, but I think this episode felt a lot like a wrap to this season and preview seems like a nice long epilogue to season 1.

Personally I think if they air the Season 2 soon after Season 1 (2-3 months) only then it is OK to leave things open like this one.

But in this case Season 2 is about to air in June 2021 (if I remember correctly, SO said it here) then it is not a wise choice if the write dont wrap at least something up, or clearly hint at the possible couple.

This is not a criminal drama like Hawaii Five O or something like that which could easily to make multi season.

The main driven of this drama is based on emotion, and emotion fades by time. We are here discussing the story but I am not so sure how many will be here in season 2 (including myself, when I loose my emotion then nothing guarantees that I will hook for SS2).

Yup this is hospital drama, but the Romance makes this forums lively. Again if they let an ending so open then at the start of the new SS we have to regain the memory, regain the emotion (why we support this ship before etc....)

That is why I am hoping for a clear ending. Dont leave us with so many possibilities pls.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

Btw I am curious with the last noraebang scene. It was theatre seating with a pole?! There is no such thing in my country. A drunken wannabe priest sings while holding the pole was an intriguing sight for me hehe

• Like 1
  • LOL 11

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

I somehow feel that ACH will back off from pursuing SHwa further. I believe he learned from the gathering how IJ and SH truly feel for each other. 

i have to say i got this feeling too. The scene when he reminiscing the moment he met Shwa from the first time, his expression told me that he decided to give up his ‘love at the first sight’? 

Ahh...i’m sad :tears: but i already satisfied with his all out effort! Totally beyond what i’ve expected from him.
I think i’m ready to let my ship sink, but before that’s actually happen, i want to share what i love and why i’m rooting for Capt Ahn-Shwa Couple so hard..

Capt Ahn have numerous obstacle and limitation in pursuing Shwa, to begin with.
1. She’s professor, and he’s resident. from the conservative perspective where the man usually have a better carreer than his woman, this uncommon thing might be an issue.

2. that condition above also give extra boundary for him to get close personally. Shwa is not so open, and he’s also not as chill&easygoing like Seokmin/Chu Min Ha. Both are reserved, It surely takes much more effort to get close

3. The rivalry between Capt Ahn and IJ is totally imbalance in the first place. Your close friend for 20 years VS your resident for 2 years? Hmm that’s like seeing a baby competing high school student in Marathon. Capt Ahn already far behind IJ from the start. He knows that too, that’s why, i also understand him for doing that move in truth or drink game.

So when people comparing what Capt Ahn and IJ did for Songhwa like..

“Capt Ahn only give her umbrella but IJ wait for her and take her home” i honestly like.. cmon, if Capt Ahn and Shwa already as close as her with IJ, he would have done the same for sure.. it just.. he has limitation in his action because he didn’t want her to be uncomfortable :tears:

He’s asking whether she has eaten or not, he left his umbrella for her, he gifted her what she needs (shoes!), he give her decaffeined drinks because she’s had enough coffee through the days, he give her his water immediately when she runs out hers, all these things is the maximum effort he could do, 

so i just can’t agree if we conclude that “Chi hong like her but Ikjun love her”. Because from my lens, all his effort speaks loudly that he indeed love her.

He has only little chance but he gives his best to work it out, that’s why i’m so fond of him and rooting for him :)

but yeah, even as a diehard Capt Ahn-Shwa shipper myself, i can see IJ & Shwa as the endgame. Is it too early to conclude? :D

anyway

The Banmal scene caught me off guard, i can’t handle the butterflies seeing him talks casually to her.. like.. my heartttt

ezgif-4-fe7aab5e2978.gif

for some people, that scene might be not proper (to talk to your professor in banmal, and the pat!!), but for us shipper...that’s...so precious and heart fluttering geezzzz

ezgif-4-4c35657b42b4.gif

p.s

why do i feel..Capt Ahn voice gets 10x sexier when he speaks in banmal? Hffffffff

• Like 8
  • Unamused 1
  • Love 3

Annyeong Chingudeul

I have been seeing this thread for quite some time. And I really appreciate all your good works, analysis, theories...

But I think there is one point no one picked up. Out of the Fab 5, IJ is the one who was jolly and fun-loving, but no one knew that he has been going through such agonizing pain since last 20 years. Though we know that even SeokH has also been through hard times, but his pains are open to everyone in the group. whether it be his sister's death, dad's adultery, divorce, mom's health and now even his crush on SongH. But when it comes to IJ, on one had any idea about his pain. As per ep 11, we can see he was quite serious about SongH (like even bought a ring:dissapointed_relieved: ).

Even in case of Jwon, all of them are aware that he is into priesthood since start, the issue he is facing now is how to deal with those new feelings erupted in his heart.

I wonder how the writernim-directornim will make it happen to disclose IJ-SH past to others or will they opt to keep them to IJ itself.

Not to forget, right now even Jwan, is in pitiful condition. No one has no idea what he is going through.

And what to say about SongH !! I guess her decision of shifting to Sokcho for sometime, seems like running away from her re-emerging feelings for IJ, rather than the work load.

I wish it all warp up for good for everyone :sweatingbullets:.

Ps: ignore if there are any literature mistakes (it's my first time)

• Like 21

Kyaaaa!!!!! Tonite episode is all about couple. 

- Ro Sa and Jong Soo holding hands. Get married you two. You are certainly perfect with each other. 

- Ro Sa wanted to pair up Dr Jang and her Son AJW. Agree madam nim... Lets Ur last resort is successful.. 

- Ik Jun drunk confession of CSH. I know is awkward but be honest is the best sometimes. Broken heart Chi Hong, move on. CSH might be to high to catch. 

- Ik Sun and JW.. lol.. It might not a surprise if Ik Jun know all along. He might has sense it. And its lol again the scene in when Ik Jun try to eavesdrop JW lovey dovey phone call. And the otherway around. 

- Min Ha caught practising line in front JSH room. Go for it girl! 

Every great times never last forever. Maybe its time to move on. AJW and CSH will be leaving soon. Hope AJW will be with Dr Jang and never leave. He should considering his mother heart. CSH please come back as u promise. Only a year to get treatment and more rest. 

• Like 14

1 hour ago, midflight said:

This is so far-fetched, but...

Why do I get the feeling that Song-hwa confessed to Ik-jun before? Maybe, not explicitly confess. Perhaps, in one way or another, she tried to show Ik-jun that she likes him.

AHHHH they really plan to leave us hanging, huh? They’ll be releasing a Mido OST but not really Songhwa’s POV as it was sung by Ikjun :tears: My heart was aching the whole time. But I think so too. I think there’s a good possibility that Songhwa liked Ikjun and she confessed or at least tried to show it. Possibly why Ikjun was confident enough to call her “girlfriend” even before confessing. But being considerate of Seokhyeong, he buried his feelings and probably lied to Songhwa about it. If this is indeed true, you can just imagine how conflicted Songhwa would be about her feelings for Ikjun now. Knowing that they could’ve been together all this time.

Ikjun’s karaoke song was still about waiting for an old love, just like a lot of the past released OSTs. But I think a big difference in this song from the earlier ones is the acknowledgement that the lover’s affections had gradually faded through time. A hard pill to swallow for my IkSong heart but I think this is really realistic. Both of them were probably burying their feelings in those 20 yrs. And after a long time, all these buried feelings resurface. So it’s only natural for Songhwa to feel confused. She can feel relieved but at the same time hurt. After trying  so hard to move on, would you be so confident to risk it with the one who got away?

Ikjun’s intentions were quite obvious although there wasn’t an outright confession. She could just easily ask and tell him to stop if she’s not really interested just like she did before to Seokhyeong and Chihong. But she never gave a definite “no” to Ikjun. With her choice to move to Sokcho, I think she is trying to run away because she wants to be careful and not make a wrong choice. 

• Like 11
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

Now that I am watching ep11, IJ is leaving for Spain in a month and so the leaving of Uju for 10days is for this Spain trip???

I hope it got cancelled and he will help SHwa with the moving :sweatingbullets:

Iksoon also hope that IJ and SHwa would date one another, she even ask JWan they really have nothing going on?

• Like 6
  • Love 1

The way Ikjun drinks his coffee (I assume Songhwa made it for them in her room) when she told them about her plan to move to Sokcho and not saying anything, makes me think about him supporting her no matter what. He drinks the coffee and sits in silence. And after some explanation from her, he drinks the coffee again. He will drink (endure) the coffee (the pain) as long as Songhwa is happy. She is just 2 hours away and he won't have a problem if it makes her feeling better and more healthy. 

• Like 12
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome 1