[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

3 hours ago, nrllee said:

Yeah I think he went overboard.  She was super uncomfortable with the whole thing.  For me she turned the tables on him?  The whole exercise was meant to make Andrea jealous but in the end who ended up being “jealous”?  IJ.  He was upset because she chose Andrea’s surgery instead of his?  She was supposed to “thank him by choosing his surgery”.  Was she NOT thankful?  Is that why she didn’t choose his surgery and chose to aggravate him (IJ)?  Because he wasn’t expecting that at all from her.  When he said what he said in the end, he meant it.  “How could you do this to me?  After all that I’ve done for you? I hate you”...and he stormed out of the room.  

As for the pep talk that IJ gave JWon.  Remember how IJ talked about IS to JunWan (?) about how she never chased any boys/men and they were always the ones chasing her?  Then JunWan said, “he’s talking about himself”.  So that whole pep talk was directed at himself :lol:.  He’s the one that should be following his heart.  He was talking about how great GU was to JWon who had this bemused face as if to say, “if you think she has these stellar qualities, why don’t you chase her yourself?”  That’s how I interpreted that scene.  IJ projects romantic notions onto people.  He still thinks Capt Ahn is after IS.  Even though Capt Ahn told him twice that he didn’t think of IS that way and he liked SHwa.  :lol:  He’s funny IJ.  I can’t stop laughing at his antics.

GU and IJ have chemistry but I think it is the same chemistry that's shared by joon won and Moon-sung. They have a special connection too. But just because this is a male female thing it becomes a ship. Am not saying its impossible. But so far romantic interests have been shown only by certain people towards others. 

IJ - Song hwa

Gu- Andrea 

There has never been any cross reference of an idea of romance between these pairs. 

All you said could make sense if IJ did not make that confession to song hwa. To be really honest I dont think he even sees GU like that. If he wanted to be so desperately with her why would he always keep going to song hwa for 'treats' as he calls them. The guy has never chased after a women. But he keeps going to song hwa again and again recently. Coz she was the one he just cannot get over. Even after all these years. He tried to keep his distance after he got married. But now that he is single again he is goes back to her. 

And song hwa too tried to keep her distance from him before his divorce. Remember when joon wan asked her to check on him saying there was some problem with his wife she did not want to get involved.. why?? She is usually a considerate person who does care for others. But she refused to go to him. My guess is she too had unrequited feelings for him then and did not want to get sucked into any relationship problems with him. Remember how the director said the group dinner scene in 2and episode is important. Ij tries to talk to soek kyung about something but is instantly upset and irritated when song hwa and joon wan discuss her cheating boyfriend. But he doesnt comment. That's not like him, but he did not want to bring up those feelings when he was married to someone else.

Their story reeks of the classic one that got away for both of them. They may get together finally(hopefully) but to say IJ is suddenly developing romantic inkling towards GU when he is clearly not over song hwa is a bit far fetched.

• Like 15
  • Confused 1
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, Kathy345 said:

I understand that she is Auntie in Changvon who look after Uju while Ikjun is away?

I don't think so, because they call her Aunty Wang. 

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

She is Iksun. Terminator is used because of reference that she is in the military ~ fierce, guns, sunglasses :glasses:

Yes, I think she is Iksun too. Then Ikjun is Darth Vader and Iksun is Terminator hahhaa. But it will be interesting if it is SongHwa, we don't really know yet. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, nrllee said:

He was talking about how great GU was to JWon who had this bemused face as if to say, “if you think she has these stellar qualities, why don’t you chase her yourself?”  That’s how I interpreted that scene.  IJ projects romantic notions onto people.  He still thinks Capt Ahn is after IS.  Even though Capt Ahn told him twice that he didn’t think of IS that way and he liked SHwa.  

I don't remember Jeong Won's bemused expression when Ik Jun told him how amazing Gyeoul was. As far as I know he was looking down and said, I know that too ( isn't it like I know that too, but I don't know what to do with myself) 

Ik Jun doesn't think Captain Ahn likes Ik sun, it's far more complicated than people trying to project Ik Jun being dense. My interpretation is either he knows Jun Wan likes Ik Sun and trying to do things like his signature self or he is just trying to divert Chi Hong's affection away from Song hwa and shift the attention she is giving to Captain Ahn.

For me Ik Jun and Jun Wan are the two most honest and transparent people when it comes to their feelings. I would not like to read anything beyond what they say because that translates as injustice to the character itself. What matters is the heart, and as far as Ik Jun is concerned, his heart and intentions are always in the right place. His friends know that so there will never be a misunderstanding. Sometimes it's more helpful when you have someone who says things clearly to your face rather than choosing to ignore the very apparent hardship his friend is going through.

Edited by stella_512
  • Like 21
  • Love 3

On 5/16/2020 at 12:31 AM, Dramageek said:

https://yeoniverse.wordpress.com/2020/03/17/hospital-playlists-ahn-jeong-won-yoo-yeon-seok-full-characters-description/

Rereading Andrea character description again. It was said that Andrea wanted to be priest long before his brothers did. Poor thing, brothers and sisters beat him to it.

There were two mistery/flashback that the writer haven't reveal to us yet.

1. His 20s budding romance. Flowergardener ship pretty sure it was Songhwa. The probability that it was Songhwa is high in my opinion. But we did not know if it was one sided like Seok Hyung or mutual. Did he confess like Seok Hyung or never confess like Ikjun?

2. Traumatic incident with kids (patient?) who made him give up photography and question his profession as pediatric doctor (wanna go back to priesthood).

If it was not Song Hwa, the woman he loves in his 20s probably related to case number 2. The reason why he left photography. Maybe his patient mum? Dunno.

I really hope that this two events will be revealed in the next episode.

Wow. I totally missed that reference about Andrea's former love. Which episode was that?

16 minutes ago, kokodus said:

If Jeong won is not interested in GU, all he have to do is clearly state how he feels to IkJun so that he will stop pestering him.

I agree. Let’s see what writer tells us (or not) in the next 2 episodes.  I will wait for him to say something (or not) about his feelings towards GU. 

• Like 3

Get your pockets ready.... Hospital Playlist OST album is coming. Alsooo, Jeon Mi Do OST?!!?!! She has a signed polaroid!!!! Prayer circle for With All My Tears drama version since there was a BTS clip of her rehearsing the song

Not to mention the heartbeat(? lol what's the correct trans for this) cards are Iksong and Pigeon couple. I feel like it says a lot about the end game. LOL.

• Like 18

3 hours ago, maggiee said:

es, I think she is Iksun too. Then Ikjun is Darth Vader and Iksun is Terminator hahhaa. But it will be interesting if it is SongHwa, we don't really know yet. 

It is definitely IkSun. The term Uju used is “ku-mu” which is the specific term to call the sister of one’s father. Any other female friends of father will be generally called “yi-mu” (also the term to call the sister of one’s mother)

• Like 6
  • Insightful 4
  • Thanks 3

Wow the rate of this thread is steadily accelerating :lol: Glad to see new chingus joining the discussion as I was also once a newbie (and still quite fresh in this field) who got consumed by this wonderful drama HAHA. And with the restrictions we have on socialization due to the global pandemic, I believe getting to throw around ideas with other people helps us get by in a way. Plus it's a good brain exercise HEHE

For me I just go towards the direction where the arrows I've seen point me. And so far most arrows I've seen reinforce the 4 apparent pairings: 99z, Wintergarden, Gom-gom, Bidulgi. When it comes to investing, I'm not really the risk-taker type haha :sweatingbullets: so kudos to those of you bold enough to hold onto the arrows you have regardless if other people have seen them or not.

Narrative-wise, I'm ok with any ending as long as it's convincing enough and so far with the Duo's past projects, they've laid out enough foundation for the dramas' conclusion. Of course, I still had my preferences :lol: but the endings were believable. So I have high hopes that regardless of the ending, they'll provide necessary build-up. And hey, it's totally normal and ok to change our views when presented with new information. So let's just all enjoy this ride.:wub:

ezgif.com-video-to-gif1464107893cb6a57.g

• Like 7
  • Love 9

39 minutes ago, nrllee said:

O look Andrea’s shoes. Sunflower, rainbow with flowers and a turtle - I’ll “Taek” that :lol:

Well, there’s an interpretation that the sunflower represent his single-minded devotion to God. But in ep.10, the sunflower is not there anymore and there is another flower, presumably Camellia, which blooming time is around end of Winter (Jan-Apr). Ref.video below at 3:46 mark. ;)

• Like 8
  • LOL 5
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 1