[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

In ep 10’s band scene seeing how satisfied and proud IJ is of Jwon tells me that his role of cupid is indeed done and that he has done his job as Jwon is done lying to himself :lol:

I totally support wintergarden but a part of me wishes that Gyeoul will not be the main reason that stops Jwon from pursuing priesthood but I want her to play a part in it. I just don’t want to downplay his being resolute in his dream vocation. I hope Gyeoul will play a part in his discerning by probably showing how being a doctor is also a selfless and noble form of God’s calling. I have a quote I really like by Frederick Buechner: “The place God calls you is the place where your deep gladness and the world’s deep hunger meet.” We clearly see where Jwon is geniunely happy and he is definitely needed there. I hope Gyeoul can help him realize that. Maybe through her sincerity and dedication in her own work he realizes something in him in relation to his medical profession. And I hope from playing this role in his life, Gyeoul takes a much bigger space in his heart.

EYCE4g7XkAY6S8g?format=jpg&name=large

Moving onto IJ’s indirect confession, what keeps my hopes up on SHwa feeling the same way even for a tiny little bit is how he was not rejected. We’ve already seen two outright confession scenes to Shwa so far: SH and CH. In both scenes she was not shy to let the men down. She told SH that she wants to stay friends and likes someone else. With CH, she was receptive enough to sense his attraction and asked directly. Getting CH’s answer, she clearly told CH not to like her (of course this doesn’t necessarily mean the possibility of their story stops there). However with IJ’s indirect confession, he was not rejected. I feel she’s sensitive enough to know what he meant making her lose her cool to the point of not even realizing it was raining. She just looked to the side and moved onto the topic of rain. She then proceeded to the window to look up at the rain and showed an innocent smile. 

EYBXn-vUcAE6d_u?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 10
  • Love 6

43 minutes ago, dairymilks said:

If we're going by Lee Woojung's patterns in her works, someone has to end up with their first love or childhood friend. Shiwon/Yoonjae, Trash/Najung, Dukseon/Taek, and even Jehyuk/Jiho all started out as friends. After episode 10, I'm getting slightly convinced (making room for plot twists because I don't want to be traumatized again) that Chihong/Songhwa ain't it. 

I don't see Songhwa reciprocating Chihong's feelings, even when she asked her about his medication. I interpreted it as a boss looking after their subordinates' well-being, and Songhwa has always been generally concerned for the people she has taken under her wing. This is further explained when she eve offered to have dinner with her intern who got scolded and warned Chihong not to bully him about it. When she asked if Chihong could tag along for lunch, it may seem like she decided to eat again because of him, but then she proceeded to compliment him in a way a teacher would talk about their student ("he's kind and he studies hard"). Songhwa ate again because....why not? She has three older brothers. :P

Sorry what scene or ep is your signature I know it’s Reply 1988

14 minutes ago, nhquan94 said:

Yup me watching this scene was like: what the heck does she know IJ house' pass code B)

Ya, I think SHwa does visit U-ju often and therefore, she know the passcode to enter the house

But I also think maybe the rest of them also know the passcode since JWan and JWon had stayed over at his house before. :sweatingbullets:

@ktcjdrama This is a reason why I like to look for mandarin sub, I always think it is more accurate.

Even for the relay cam, interviews and behind the scene, I went to look for mandarin subs

• Like 1
  • Love 1

40 minutes ago, ryanallright said:

Ya, I think SHwa does visit U-ju often and therefore, she know the passcode to enter the house

But I also think maybe the rest of them also know the passcode since JWan and JWon had stayed over at his house before. :sweatingbullets:

@ktcjdrama This is a reason why I like to look for mandarin sub, I always think it is more accurate.

Even for the relay cam, interviews and behind the scene, I went to look for mandarin subs

At the cafeteria scene where Chil Hong was telling them about IK sun doctorate degree ,I noticed IK sun immediate asked Song Hwa if she was aware about IK sun applying for a doctorate degree. Does that mean Song Hwa has a close relationship with IK sun and I wondered IK jun would ask her that?

• Like 4

I agree with the people that are saying they want Gyeoul’s character to be more than just Jungwon’s love interest - I hope we get that next episode with her first surgery!

Honestly, I find it hard to believe that Jung-won likes Gyeoul romantically. His behaviour does not match - I feel like people are telling that he likes her but if a guy treated me the way he treats Gyeoul, it shows disinterest.

There has been flickers of doubt and interest here and there thrown in episode 9 and 10 but truthfully they seem to come out of nowhere. 
He seemed uncomfortable with her to the point where he didn’t even say hi to her. 
So, now he finally says hi to her and...? Even Gyeoul didn’t react much when he said hi.

The standard just seems a little low. 

I do like both of them but I’m not sure of them together as a couple - I do wonder whether Jung-won wants to be a priest because it’s one of those dreams that we want to achieve but never got to. Kind of like a what if? But he does suit medicine more and although I’m not a catholic, I feel like he would have more purpose in the eyes of God as a paediatric doctor. 
God gave us all a gift and a talent, something only us can do in my personal opinion and Jung-won’s gift is being a surgeon. Would he feel as fulfilled in The Vatican? I feel like he has a fantasy of what it’s going to be like and in reality, it’s not for everyone. 

Small detail, I find it a little strange that he smokes. As someone who is abstaining and is so keen on following God, smoking doesn’t seem to fit his character. It’s something that I’ve been thinking about for a while. 

I can see why people ship them and want them together, I just want it to be developed more so that I can also get behind it.

I don’t have much to say else that anyone else hasn’t said before - Ikjun and Songhwa need to get married, don’t even bother dating lol 

Uju is a cutie and his love for burgers is life eheh 

Minha is my absolute favourite and Seokhyung needs someone like her to bring him out of his shell a little.

Edited by acuteaddict
Spelling
  • Like 4

Yeoniverse compiled Netflix’s mistranslations in Hospital Playlist 

They also mentioned another source for subtitles, I should’ve found out about this sooner. Time to rewatch the show with more accurate subs lolz

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 3

21 minutes ago, dairymilks said:

Yeoniverse compiled Netflix’s mistranslations in Hospital Playlist 

They also mentioned another source for subtitles, I should’ve found out about this sooner. Time to rewatch the show with more accurate subs lolz

This is the reason why I would search for mandarin subs if possible, usually they are more accurate.

The meaning is totally off once the translation is wrong

On a side note, for example on the scene of smoking area.

The subtle reminder by Ikjun is not just for JWon, it is also for himself.

He is trying to walk the talk now with his subtle confession towards SHwa at his house.

He even looks disappointed although he replied okay to Ahn joining them for lunch.

• Like 9

One more thing i missed to call out:

SHwa to JW: You love kids. You should get married

JW to SHwa: You also love kids. You should get married

SHwa: Not really. I only like my nephews and Uju

( and let's just agree Uju is a very mature, sensible baby.. kids are not like that .. very rare, very few.. so responsible at this age. I am sure it has not escaped everyone how much baby takes care of his dad too)

Now, what does this tell us?

1. SHwa doesn't really like kids but left an impression on JW that she does :) - we haven't seen her with kids, so why does JW feel so?? ( Did we try to impress our crush during college? :P .. actually to impress any of the 4 guys, route is kids and babies)

2. She likes Uju - that's the kind of personality she likes! OR he is the only other kid she truly knows  :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ryanallright said:

But I also think maybe the rest of them also know the passcode since JWan and JWon had stayed over at his house before

Yup I remember Jwan knows, too. He enter IJ house just before getting the kick that KO his heart in ep 5 :glasses:

Hospital Playlist Episode 10

cr. K커뮤니티

Original Post: Nate

[+1,756,-10]As usual, I didn’t even realize time passing while watching today’s episodeㅠㅠㅠㅠ Isn’t Lee Ik Joon too perfect to exist??? how is he so good at everything?ㅠㅠㅠSeriously, is there anything he can’t do? Even the subway announcementㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[+1,513,-20]Today was the Confession EpisodeㅠㅋㅋㅋChoo Min Ha and Ik Joon who indirectly confessed, that was heart-fluttering!

[+1,308,-16]What’s going on? Prof. Lee Ik Joon? I got butterflies in my stomach, what’s up with that confession?

[+205,-0]Please give us more Choo Min Ha scenes, she’s so charming!

[+195,-0]Choo Min Ha and Jang Gyeo Wool, I envy your confidence! it’s such a pretty thing to be honest about liking someone.

[+171,-1] Choo Min ha! I always thought that a girl’s confession would be really cool

[+118,-1]Lee Ik Joon, who prepared roses for Jang Gyeo Wool, has a good sense

[+117,-1]Choo Min Ha, I really liked your calm confessionㅠㅠ It’s nice to see her confessing with her own style… Also, Prof. Yang Seok Hyung look so cute when he’s flusteredㅋㅌㅋㅋ Let’s make everyone in this drama happy please!

[+110,-2] I hope things go well with Ahn Jung Won and Jang Gyeo Wool. I’m not sure we’ll get much from their story in this season with only two episodes left, but in the midst of this storm of confessions… One could only wish for Gyeo Wool and Jungwon to be together by the end of season 1… I’m attracted to this couple the mostㅠㅠ The person who gave her roses was Jo Jungsuk… What could’ve they done if he wasn’t there? Hehe

[+103,-0]Ahn Eun Jin was so charming in this episode

Best friend SHwa and Dr Do will return to same musical in June

Spoiler

[TRANS] 200513 Musical ‘Maybe Happy Ending’ opens in June…Casting revealed.

2020051408362835716_1589412989.jpg

The musical “Maybe Happy Ending” is coming back.

The 2020 season performance of “Maybe Happy Ending” (produced by CJENM) will be named by creative staff who have been with the show since its premiere, including “Will & Hue Combi.” Producer Kim Dong-yeon, who has already secured a solid mania with his unique lyrical sensibility, writer Park Chun-hyu, and director Kim Dong-yeon, who has been spotlighted as a trusted director from the tryout to lead “Maybe Happy Ending,” and music director Joo Ji-yeon, who decorated the highlight of “Maybe Happy Ending” with a six-member live band last season, have joined forces for the third time.

Jung Moon-sung, Jeon Sung-woo, and Yang Hee-jun will play the role of Helperbot5 Oliver. Jeon Mi-do, Kang Hye-in and Han Jae-ah were named as Hellperbot 6 Claire, and finally Sung Jong-wan and Lee Sun-geun were named as Oliver’s former owners James.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5

3 hours ago, Cantabile said:

I am worried too. It seems like all his headache scenes foreshadowing his serious illness. And his character description also said "There's no much time left" :(
But as far as I remember, the writer's previous dramas never have the illness story in dramatic/tragic way, so I hope she will also do the same in this drama. :)

ha ha.. fact that IJ, SHwa know about his headaches means it is common knowledge. And if doctors are not worried about headaches, mere mortals should keep quiet :)

not much time left must be for priesthood vs regular life vs chase after the girl now (but girl is enjoying her life..like all girls are.. i don't see the dire need to chase any girl as if she will go away)

Writing is so b'ful..they maintain consistency in minutest things..

Uju when he wants one more sandwich - he turns to respectful speech - this consistency since ep 1..whenever he needs sthg, he speaks politely

and then GY has to only say, i need one more sandwich and IJ brings it :)

lol.. like give all the kids in the world to IJ with a strict mommy who balances the equation

Are none of you shipping childhood romance? - Rose and chairman - i want that ship to sail more than anything.. such chemistry at that age and character description

what a precious friendship

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks!
  • Like 1
  • LOL 3

17 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Are none of you shipping childhood romance? - Rose and chairman - i want that ship to sail more than anything.. such chemistry at that age and character description

Yes.  That’s one beautiful relationship. To find each other again in the latter part of their lives.  I like how Ju even conspired with Rosa and gave her ideas on how to deal with Andrea :lol:.  Their relationship reflects Andrea and SHwa. Mature and supportive.  They can rely on each other.  MiDo mentions in her interview that Andrea is someone she can rely on.  She repeated that line during the conversation at the restaurant when talking to the residents about dating colleagues.  Slip of the tongue maybe?? :lol:

Capt Ahn is being set up for SeonBin I think.  Both responded to the intern in similar fashion.  Yong made him feel worse. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, sakura22 said:

Honestly, I am glad the flowers were not Gyeo Ul's idea, otherwise, I can't imagine the amount of hate and criticism on her. Surely it would be on a different level. 

Why does a woman can't and should not pursue both career and love together and be successful with both? Why does a good woman need to work extra hard to prove that she is good in her profession before she can be deserving of love of a good man? 

Why should a woman's feelings towards a good man discredits her hardwork, skills and talent? 

I just don't get it. 

This is my main gripe with people that hate her.

Well the hate has reduced but at the earlier stages of the show, it was horrible especially the constant shifting of goal posts to discredit her because she is crushing on Jeong Won which irked me so much. 

There are hints of it, with people mentioning her redemptive arc as a plus for her pursuit of him. Personally, if she has to change who she is to be with him I am not in support of such a pairing. Your significant other has to love you for you are regardless of your flaws or shortcomings after all we are not perfect and we keep working on being better people in our day to day activities. 

• Like 11
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 2

Lovelines aside, the subtle reference to Mother's Day for Episode 10 is heart-warming. We have Song-hwa who tells Ik-jun that mothers are amazing. They know their children best. At the same time, we have Seok-hyeong's mom who tells Seok-hyeong that regardless of the hassle and problems that come with it, marriage still gave her an invaluable gift: Seok-hyeong himself. 

Kudos to the writer and the production team.

Also, the SHOES. THE SHOES. From black loafers to clean white sneakers real quick. I wonder if this means something else. 

ea417a21ae9d461b87d68784900cf054024d7eaf

• Like 12

New poster

Park Hyukjin  participates in the ‘Wise Doctor Life’/Hospital playlist OST ...

image_readtop_2020_498548_15895218464200

Singer Park Hyeok-jin participated in tvN 2020 Thursday Special ‘Wise Doctor Life’ OST.

The first track ‘You ’re Warm’, ‘Part of the Physician Life’ sung by Park Hyeok-jin, was a song that appeared on guitar strokes for each ending scene, creating a curiosity.As the title suggests, someone's warmth permeates music and reminds them of vague memories, maximizing the healing index delivered by the drama.

(Google translate)

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/musics/view/2020/05/498548/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sakura22 said:

Why does a woman can't and should not pursue both career and love together and be successful in both? Why does a good woman need to work extra hard to prove that she is good in her profession before she can be deserving of love of a good man? 

Why should a woman's feelings towards a good man discredits all her hardwork, skills and talent? 

Why is there a need to compare a woman's pace and achievements with a completely different person's either on the same level and higher? 

I just don't get the double standards. 

I'm actually glad to have a woman as flawed as Gyeoul. Songhwa is awesome, but I think the reason I'm more invested to Gyeoul than Songhwa is because Songhwa is too perfect and just not relateable to me.

I am also more than once being told to show more empathy like Gyeoul. To be honest, most of the main characters sometimes feel too perfect for me, the exceptions are Junwan and Seokhyung.

• Like 18
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1