[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

I've been lurking this forum for weeks now and amaze how one episode can be interpreted differently by some people. 

I am not a fan of reply series (I've watched one episode of 1988 but it was not my cup of tea :(), I never know about the husband hunting. I see the loveline really based on the storyline and I don't get how people see Jeong Won and Song Hwa can be a couple because there is no sign at all (for me).

I watched this series because JKH and now I am falling in love with all the casts. From the beginning, I never want any loveline between the five (their friendship is so precious), but I don't think it's possible.

It's okay to have your own ship but please don't belittle other characters. I love how the writer create 'imperfect' characters. They seems real. Nobody is perfect.

I am rooting for JunWan and IkSun but I don't want them to get married yet. I want JKH to have an exciting storyline in season 2 and I don't think it will be exciting if he is a married man :D. PD-nim should use JKH's acting skill more.

Edited by Ghea Ragil Ambar Prativi
Typo
  • Like 14
  • Love 2

10 hours ago, zonk90 said:

That line became blurred or disappeared coz of rain.. they already in same place now.. she just need make decision to stay or get out from that place..

WOW I MISSED THIS OMG THIS MAKES ME SO MUCH MORE EXCITED :wub:

• Like 1

I think all possibilities regarding shipping are open.

-When JWon was singing the very meaningful song the camera went to SongHwa .

-SongHwa rest her head to his shoulder and from the preview we see JWon is doing the same in next episode.

-Ik Jun is a great friend although I dont agree with his methods but certainly I want to see this

wonderful person happy with the person he admires all these years.

-I am a wintergarden fan but if they decide to go with the Flowergarden couple I think I will be more worry for IkJun 's feelings than for my unsailed  ship.

-The scene with SongHwa next to Uji and after seeing IJ /SoHwa  through the rain window gave me such warm feelings.

-Dr.Jae Haek got me emotional.He proved me that he will be a good doctor.

-I want to see similar scene for my GU too.She has so much to give .

-I would love to see more screen time with Dr.JWan. Kyoung  Ho basically brought me here and I am complaining his scenes are not enough.

lol taking back his mandarin orange from DR.Ahn.

-IJ playing footsies lol this manboy.

-JWon's headaches start to worry me.The  xrays next to his office when he closes the drawer with the rosaries gave me a headache too.

-I wanted to scream from happiness when JWon acknowledged to IJ GU 's hard work.YEP he said '  " I know" .lalalalala 

-I am borrowing IJ 's sentence and use it as my last sentence in my post:

"I want to see GU happy next to my friend JWon"

• Like 11
  • Love 4

12 minutes ago, winnerrrrrrrr444 said:

But somehow this episode regressed her progression (in terms of how she's at face value being perceived) and she's back to being a 'possible' love interest for Jeongwon and I don't know it just made me a bit sad because she's much more than that. We got the praise from Ikjun, honestly one of my favorite parts of the episode no cap, but other than that nothing was very substantial? Idk.

I agree. But if we go with symbolism, I think we would know her deeper around December aka Winter.

Coincidentally, Jungwon too hasnt explicitly told us anything about his condition, feeling, and thoughts. We only got some implications so far. Episode 10 just happens to take the viewers to his mind deeper. But its mostly done by other characters, like Ikjun probing on him, and Rosa talking about his temperament and aspiration from childhood.

I guess we just have to wait again to understand AJW and JGW as characters in deeper way

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2005150909414990.jpg

OST part 10 is a release by the 5, hope there will a MV to it and a behind the scene for this recording

Based on google translate, there are 3 tracks to Part 10.

This is the 1st, 2nd and 3rd will be Canon and Deep Into The Night which are highly requested by viewers.

'슬기로운 의사생활' 의대 5인방, 미도와 파라솔로 15일 OST 음원 발매

• Like 11
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, Ketu R said:

I am so convinced of ik joon song hwa that I really think i will be shattered if they dont happen. Cant see how it wont happen after this episode. I have never been wrong about a reply pairing before. Even though I liked jungpal I knew it was taek who was the husband almost 3rd episode itself. Why would they interview otherwise?I was always team trash. With both those I would have been ok with either outcome but with this one am sure I will be devastated cause it will make no sense to me to actually pair anyone else with song hwa. 

Ik joon said to andrea dont end up like me. He obviously regrets not proposing to song hwa before. Am sure he would do so soon.

Ok am so silly but I wrote a iksong fanfiction could not contain myslef. Stupid obsessive me wrote a ff with my broken English. Let me know if any of you are interested in reading..

My reading of the writer from reply series is that she does 180 from previous drama because she expects her audience to read into those "signs"

97 - Girl is confident, not the one who is trying to please - ignores the well educated, old guy she respects even if he was the 1st choice for boyfriend.. went for the one with whom she could be what she wanted to be - childhood trope, girl goes for whom she has known the longest and loves to fuss over/ can fuss over

The one who clearly proposed got rejected :P

94 - I haven't watched this drama, assuming from the few episodes that I did - girl is not super underconfident, she is pretty but feisty and just angry all the time (plz blame go ara, my only takeaway based on her acting is that she is female underworld fighter)

- ignores soft, sweet boy, blatant about liking the girl, always happy in company, nobody sees him suffer but he suffers.. just absolute cutire pie, and a winner in baseball  - and he didn't get the girl  but  accepts the older man, well educated ---- Childhood trope, girl goes for whom she has known the longest and loves to fuss over

The one who clearly proposed got rejected :P

88 - Girl is not confident, inferiority, wanting to please, feel she is always overlooked, and really seeking her importance in lives of people that surround her - she subverted the trope from 94 - who got the girl? - not the typical kdrama hero.. but a motherless, oldest of the lot but because he is quiet he flew under radar, so clear about liking the girl etc etc ---- childhood trope, girl goes for whom she has known the longest and loves to fuss over

The one who clearly proposed was senior from her college, got rejected :P

So, if teasing has to continue, final choice would be someone who is somehow more of JH's character than Taek's. And i don't mean rough personality but maybe someone who shied away a lot from confessing to SHwa or.. some sorta strong disconnect from Taek, but connect with JH.  - lol, all of them have shied away. Except for SH

Will definitely not be the older/mature guy :) Question is who is the oldest/maturest

And SH proposed, got rejected, so we are safe :P

• LOL 1

JTBC PLUS | 2020. 05. 14. 

"Hospital Playlist" leads rating of viewers aged 30~40

AAF42B19-8E5E-4D29-B601-C5C1DD067822.jpg

"Hospital Playlist" is receiving passionate love from viewers in their 30s~40s.

According to the viewers data of TNMS, episode 10 of the Thursday drama "Hospital Playlist" (tvN) aired on May 14 has achieved No.1 place with the highest viewership ratings among the TV programs aired on the same day on viewership rating ranking at the ages of U40 and U50.

The first episode broadcast on March 12 of "Hospital Playlist" - the drama that is receiving tons of love from the audience thanks to solid acting of actors such as Jo Jung Suk, Yoo Yeon Suk, Kim Dae Myung, Kim Hae Sook, etc. - started with the viewership rating of 6.5%. Then, just after 5 episodes, the drama reached a 2-digit viewership rating and hit 12.2% with episode 10 (TNMS, the standard of households using charged platform).

In episode 10 aired this week, the drama received positive reviews as bringing sympathy to the audience through concerns of Jo Jung Suk (as Ik Joon), Yoo Yeon Suk (as Jeong Won), Jung Kyung Ho (as Joon Wan), Kim Dae Myung (as Seok Hyung), and Jeon Mi Do (as Song Hwa) when they had to face up with decisive turning point of work, love, and life. In particular, the triangular relationship among Jo Jung Suk, Jeon Mi Do and Kim Joon Han (as Chi Hong) is gradually deepening, and Kim Dae Myung has also been confessed by Ahn Eun Jin (as Min Ha). 

After deciding to be a doctor until the end of the year and choosing to become a pastor, Yoo Yeon Suk began to rearrange every single thing in his life. In the midst of that, the audience noticed the change in his feelings for Shin Hyun Bin (as Gyeo Wool). What are Yoo Yeon Suk's true feelings? Additionally, Jung Kyung Ho was confused when he received the news that his girlfriend Kwak Seon Young (as Ik Soon) entered a doctoral program and had to come to England to study for 3 years. The audience is now focusing their attention on both of their choices when facing the risk of breaking up.

"Hospital Playlist" is a story of 20-year close friends who can understand each other just by having eye contact, and the people who are going through seemingly normal but special days in the hospital - a miniature version of life where people are born and pass away. The drama is currently airing at 9 pm (KST) every Thursday. Episode 11 will air on May 21.

Reporter Hwang So Young hwang.soyoung@jtbc.co.kr
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

——-

JTBC PLUS | 2020. 05. 14.

"Hospital Playlist": Jo Jung Suk begins to show affection to Jeon Mi Do

78D8A5C3-BD45-446E-80C0-E08E9C4E6849.jpg

The exquisite romantic love triangle between Jeon Mi Do, Jo Jung Suk, and Kim Joon Han in the drama "Hospital Playlist" has become more profound.

Episode 10 of the drama "Hospital Playlist" (tvN) aired on May 14 opened with the scene of Jeon Mi Do (as Song Hwa) and Kim Joon Han (as Chi Hong) having a meal together.

Jeon Mi Do drops by a European restaurant where Kim Joon Han is waiting for her. While Kim Joon Han quietly watches and cares for Jeon Mi Do, she also praises him for suffering so well as a doctor despite his sick body.

This is not a date, but a party of Neurosurgery department. Seeing the other doctor colleagues come, Kim Joon Ha mutters, "Why are they so on time?" and expresses regret for not having more time to privately chat with Jeon Mi Do.

The next day, Jeon Mi Do orders food with Jo Jung Suk (as Ik Joon) as usual. Jo Jung Suk enters Jung Kyung Ho's (as Joon Wan) professor room without knocking. However, he knocks on Jeon Mi Do's door. This is because Jo Jung Suk previously made a mistake when he entered Jeon Mi Do's room without knocking. The subtle change in attitude shows that the relationship between the two has changed, thereby stimulating the audiences' curiosity about the romance between the two.

At the end of the episode, Jeon Mi Do goes to Jo Jung Suk's house to take care of his son U Ju. Despite being busy with work at the hospital, Jeon Mi Do always loves U Ju, and this time she came to take care of the boy's health. Next, while talking about everyday life with Jo Jung Suk - who came home, Jeon Mi Do asks, "What have you been doing these days?" and shows him the camping equipment she bought.  Although he used to be puzzled by Jeon Do Mi's ambition to buy camping tools, this time, Jo Jung Suk praises "You did well" and expresses his feelings naturally, "To me, it's having meals with you. That's what I do for myself."

On the other hand, Yoo Yeon Suk (as Jeong Won) - who often helps patients through the nickname "Long-legged Uncle" - asked Jeon Mi Do to become "Long-legged Uncle" instead of him and was accepted by her.

Reporter Hwang So Young hwang.soyoung@jtbc.co.kr
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

15 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

While I do understand your concerns and where you're coming from, the fact is, Gyeo-ul is written in for the most part to be Jeong-won's love interest. At least in this first season while he's on a trajectory to the priesthood, her role is primarily to be some catalyst in what most of us hope is the disruption of his present trajectory. That's why I believe this priesthood matter will have to be resolved sooner rather than later because the two of them are currently in a relationship limbo of sorts. Like it or not because he is one of the Fab Five he gets (first dibs) some degree of primacy in how the storytelling unfolds. With that in mind, they're actually doing reasonably well with her in the various roles that she's juggling in this show.

The urgency to complete her arc with Jeong-won in the first season is there in a way that it isn't with someone like Min-ha and Seok-hyeong. That's why we can't really compare because they're all on different trajectories.

Look it's pretty much the same with Ik-sun. We don't really see her in her professional capacity at all. She's for the most part Jun-wan's love interest and Ik-jun's younger sister. We are expected to accept certain facts about her even if we can't see her in action because the focus of this drama is really on the medical side of things. She's part and parcel of Jun-wan's arc... his growth as a doctor and a human being. 

It's what happens in a cast of thousands.

So, one of the most important dialogues- 

When IJ was "selling" his product "GY" .. lol.. that she works the hardest for her patients but doesn't understand how to be sympathetic (and he means it in a good sense)... JW says "I know!"(and positive connotation)

Given, until now we as audience has only seen him get exasperated at GY - be it when she ran after abusive dad (lol JW's reaction was super annoyed), and almost every other incident..

But, under the radar, we get a "I know" - acknowledges her strengths

• Like 12

54 minutes ago, romancetrash said:

I agree. But if we go with symbolism, I think we would know her deeper around December aka Winter.

Coincidentally, Jungwon too hasnt explicitly told us anything about his condition, feeling, and thoughts. We only got some implications so far. Episode 10 just happens to take the viewers to his mind deeper. But its mostly done by other characters, like Ikjun probing on him, and Rosa talking about his temperament and aspiration from childhood.

I guess we just have to wait again to understand AJW and JGW as characters in deeper way

True, it's all a matter of waiting since that's all we can do :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

Just fyi, the English translation when Song Hwa recited "I am an intellectual" is actually quite off.

It should be "I am a civilized person" ~ meaning no need to devour her food in barbaric way.

I understand why people would think so. I guess we have to see how close the relationship is between those people. Like when he lied in JWon's face in front of the ATM. He just simply said "I lied"... Probably if he is caught with the flowers lie, he would just immediately own up to JWon and said, "yes I was the mastermind behind it"

LOL... I can imagine Ikjun saying this :D
Yes, I just feel bad that some judged Ikjun's character without try to analyze his personality's trait. He is flawed but so are all human.
And this episode showed another layer of his character, so I am curious how the writer will write up the development of his arc :)

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

22 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

While I do understand your concerns and where you're coming from, the fact is, Gyeo-ul is written in for the most part to be Jeong-won's love interest. At least in this first season while he's on a trajectory to the priesthood, her role is primarily to be some catalyst in what most of us hope is the disruption of his present trajectory. That's why I believe this priesthood matter will have to be resolved sooner rather than later because the two of them are currently in a relationship limbo of sorts. Like it or not because he is one of the Fab Five he gets (first dibs) some degree of primacy in how the storytelling unfolds. With that in mind, they're actually doing reasonably well with her in the various roles that she's juggling in this show.

The urgency to complete her arc with Jeong-won in the first season is there in a way that it isn't with someone like Min-ha and Seok-hyeong. That's why we can't really compare because they're all on different trajectories.

Look it's pretty much the same with Ik-sun. We don't really see her in her professional capacity at all. She's for the most part Jun-wan's love interest and Ik-jun's younger sister. We are expected to accept certain facts about her even if we can't see her in action because the focus of this drama is really on the medical side of things. She's part and parcel of Jun-wan's arc... his growth as a doctor and a human being. 

It's what happens in a cast of thousands.

Yeah, I definitely get what you mean. Like I said she's one of my favorite characters hence I'm a bit greedy with wanting more especially since she gets an adequate amount of screen time!! :D

• Like 3
  • Love 1

If we're going by Lee Woojung's patterns in her works, someone has to end up with their first love or childhood friend. Shiwon/Yoonjae, Trash/Najung, Dukseon/Taek, and even Jehyuk/Jiho all started out as friends. After episode 10, I'm getting slightly convinced (making room for plot twists because I don't want to be traumatized again) that Chihong/Songhwa ain't it. 

I don't see Songhwa reciprocating Chihong's feelings, even when she asked her about his medication. I interpreted it as a boss looking after their subordinates' well-being, and Songhwa has always been generally concerned for the people she has taken under her wing. This is further explained when she eve offered to have dinner with her intern who got scolded and warned Chihong not to bully him about it. When she asked if Chihong could tag along for lunch, it may seem like she decided to eat again because of him, but then she proceeded to compliment him in a way a teacher would talk about their student ("he's kind and he studies hard"). Songhwa ate again because....why not? She has three older brothers. :P

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, kiklaminHo said:

-JWon's headaches start to worry me.The  xrays next to his office when he closes the drawer with the rosaries gave me a headache too.

I am worried too. It seems like all his headache scenes foreshadowing his serious illness. And his character description also said "There's no much time left" :(
But as far as I remember, the writer's previous dramas never have the illness story in dramatic/tragic way, so I hope she will also do the same in this drama. :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, winnerrrrrrrr444 said:

But somehow this episode regressed her progression (in terms of how she's at face value being perceived) and she's back to being a 'possible' love interest for Jeongwon and I don't know it just made me a bit sad because she's much more than that. We got the praise from Ikjun, honestly one of my favorite parts of the episode no cap, but other than that nothing was very substantial? Idk.

I agree.  Which is why if she doesn’t release her hold on Andrea, her character will be defined by her crush on him.  IJ doesn’t help because he fuels it.  She’s hardworking and diligent and last week we finally saw her connect with patients on an emotional level.  Andrea’s work ethic has rubbed off on her.  Kudos to her for learning.  I want to see more of her relating to patients and working on her bedside manner, not just crushing on Andrea.  It looks like she will get to the same level of comfort with Andrea as Dr Bae.  Question is, will she get to the same level as MinHa and SH?  I admire MinHa’s spunk.  They’ve jettisoned past crush level, well on their way to becoming more than just mentor-mentee.

4 minutes ago, Cantabile said:

I am worried too. It seems like all his headache scenes foreshadowing his serious illness. And his character description also said "There's no much time left" :(
But as far as I remember, the writer's previous dramas never have the illness story in dramatic/tragic way, so I hope she will also do the same in this drama. :)

He is in good hands. SHwa is his doctor.  I believe the Xrays of his head have her name on it and he acknowledged her as his doctor after he took the pills for his headache. :D

That domestic sequence between SHwa and IJ plays out like a dream...a wish.  Remember how SHwa and her team stop and look at the moon and talk about wishes?  Just before IJ gets home, the camera has a scene with the moon.  He comes home and sees this very idyllic scene play out where SHwa is potentially part of his family.  That’s why when she keeps telling him to go to sleep at the table, he keeps saying no.  He doesn’t want this nice “dream” to end.  He wishes for it to become reality.  But I am not sure SHwa reciprocates his desire.  She turned away from him and changed the subject when he said his treat was having dinner with her.  The blurry picture filmed from outside the window in the rain just adds to that dream effect.  Nicely done PD. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

I really wants to tell madam Rosa about Gyeo Ul, she must be happy knowing her.

Poor Jung Hwan he turns out to be very soft and toward IS and yes I feel a light disappointment too to know about her London school project from CH. Why she can't telling JH? and why she never mention about her relationship with CH, how close they are and how they spent many midnights for chat over he phone? If I am JH I will have a little frustration too. and mostly I will ask myself "why? and how I ask her about this so I won't sound pathetic".

I hope the couple that see SH will finally able to deliver the baby healthily, I really feel the mom feeling about her pregnancy, when she instantly change her face to smile a little bit when SH said that mommy condition will affect the baby, she smiles right away so her baby will be just fine, I really can tolerate her feelings remembering on when I had my babies back then, we'll do everything to keep the baby healthy and happy.

About the confession, I like how IJ nailed it. and how the awkwardness fade away quickly between them, the rain help him a lot. I like SH to be with him after last night episode. When I saw her hugging UJ and caring for him to down his fever I feel what IJ feel, happy.And I love her to be in his house a lot after seeing that scenes. 

And MN is very cool!!!!!! I love her boldness and SH need someone like her. I think they will suit each other perfectly. MN bold attitude and SH anti-social thing it will be very funny to see their stories next.

and finally, this screen crack me up... IJ indeed is the most crazy one between them and how he always get into SH nerves and how SH handle him, they are just funny

• Like 11
  • LOL 8

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Jang been chasing JWon around to fish for compliment? Hmm, what I remember is her leaving immediately when JWon came into the resting room and when he leaned against the wall, she shifted away a bit  (ep.10), when JWon came to ask cigarette from IJ (ep.3). The only time she waited for JWon was in front of his office when she collected enough courage to ask him buy her dinner (ep.7). The impression I get is that she’s been avoiding him especially after he made up excuses not to buy her dinner. 

This! Actually I don't mind Song Hwa Jung Won pairing or Jung Won God pairing. But why hating on JGU for no apparent reason, like almost try finding out her fault out of thin air. We all know that she was lacking compared to Song Hwa, in medical ability and fighting ability (remember the chasing incindent?). I think wintergarden shipper also aknowledge this fact, coz JGU still in her 3rd year residency. So why the need to badmouth her like saying she always bait for compliment etc. The only thing I remember JGU looking forward for compliment was the chasing scene, coz Bae get hers. But she understand that JW didn't like her action, so she explain that she did dot run when delivering the liver. She did it not to ask for compliment, but to inform JW that she did learn from her mistake.

If we saw the drama, actually the nurse is the one who is more aggresive in approaching JW.

Nurse:

1. Asking JW to dine out (accepted and already happen)

2. Asking JW to the movie (accepted and already happen)

3. Putting Bae to her place (dinner and movie are nothing meaningful, don't kid yourself)

Bae:

1. Asking JW to dine out (accepted and already happen)

2. Asking JW to the movie (accepted, did not happen yet)

Jang:

1. Asking JW to dine out (rejected with lie)

If we see Jang with JW it is actualy related with her professional duty like visiting patient, assisting surgery, on call in picu, meeting etc. Everytime JW come when she was chatting with IJ, she always leave. If it is not work related, JGU now kinda distance herself from JW, maybe trying to forget him.

Other stuff happening were all orchestrated by Ikjun. If I am flowergarden shipper I think more logical If I see Ikjun kinda shoving JGU to JW, to make him stay away from SH. But girls have tendency to put down other girls so I get why JGU have many haters. I am just sad for that, this just drama why the hate.

Others come up with scenario that IJ unconciously like JGU for himself. This actualy not too farfetched. Considering other JJS drama jealousy incarnate, where he was a matchmaker for Pyo Nari and his bestfriend. Later he realized that he loves her for himself. With just 2 episodes left, this scenario will only unfold in season 2.

• Like 14
  • Love 7

34 minutes ago, dairymilks said:

If we're going by Lee Woojung's patterns in her works, someone has to end up with their first love or childhood friend. Shiwon/Yoonjae, Trash/Najung, Dukseon/Taek, and even Jehyuk/Jiho all started out as friends. After episode 10, I'm getting slightly convinced (making room for plot twists because I don't want to be traumatized again) that Chihong/Songhwa ain't it.

could it be Jwan/Iksun for this patterns. I doubt that Jwan might be Iksun's first love. I want to know more about what happened in Hawaii. 

• Love 1

2 hours ago, ryanallright said:

Plus one thing to take note, SHwa could enter Ikjun house freely as shown when she enter U-ju room directly without Ikjun having to leave the room to open the door for her.

Yup me watching this scene was like: what the heck does she know IJ house' pass code B)

• Like 3