[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

7 hours ago, nrllee said:

Yes, that was beautiful.  My heart broke for IJ this episode.  Just like the heavens weeping for him.  :tears:  She’s not going to return in kind.  It was obvious from their conversation.  There was no meeting of the minds.  She would’ve made a lovely mother for UJu but I guess it takes 2 to tango.  She has to accept him.  Unfortunately for IJ, it looks like she’s low key accepted Andrea.  He gave her his heart (Daddy Long Legs) and she say yes.  They talk marriage and kids in an intimate setting.  Future stuff.

While I can understand where the implication of Flower Garden came from in this episode, I would say that the writer has to build foundation of their relationship from scratch (maybe not exactly scratch) if its true. Considering Songhwa confronted Chihong's feeling about her, why she never confronts Jungwon until now? If they truly love each other, and even single, why not give each other a chance? And they have no trauma or miss timing like IkSong in the past. Perhaps Songhwa feels hesitation toward Jungwon, but again, kinda inconsistent with her confronting Chihong.

If Jwon is a potential lover for Songhwa, it will be rectangular love, and I think isnt the writer style so far? But then again, the writer did say it was not the Reply series.

Also, Gyeoul has been heartbroken a few times now. Flower Garden becoming the endgame would end up hurting several characters (and me lol). If Songhwa also shakes Jwon's desire to be priest, he will be avoiding her and giving her cold shoulder, and basically treating her different from anyone else.

• Like 17
  • Love 7

Right now, i'm a wintergarden shipper. And i'm so ecstatic seeing their progress in this episode. But as i said when i first came here, i was initially IJ GU shipper. I'm fine and open with any pairing as long as the drama can make me understand why this character ends up with this instead of this.

I can see the possibility of JW as SH first love. I can see the possibility that the "lets get married" remark can be SH's attempt to see JW reaction. But i don't see the same reaction from JW. I mean he had planned to quit medicine for priesthood since ep 1, almost a year ago, even before he moved to yulje. He had already planned to leave all his responsibilities (DLL and hospital management) to his friends, i think this is why he signed his friends to yulje knowing that his friends are all capable and reliable doctors hence opening up the possibility of one of them managing yulje in one way or another. 

If he loves/loved SH, then why is it that he hesitates about going to priesthood now, after he enters yulje? I mean isn't being a priest has always been his aspiration?  

During that 20 years of friendship they could have tried to make things work if they were really each other's first love. No one knew IJ's feelings to SH, so he's out of the equation. SHyeong was married, he's also out of the equation at one point. Even though SH dated some people, there must be times when she was single, and JW has always been single. So why not try to act on their feelings? It can be because none of them wanted to break the friendship between the 5 therefore both JW and SH chose not to follow their feelings.  

If that's the case then JW should have just gone along with his initial plan and become a priest. Hadnt he already given up his first love SH? So why of all time, he seemed to be questioning himself about his own decision now? Had he never questioned about it these past 20 years? Why now? At the time when GU entered into his life and bothered him? Is it all only coincidence? This is my biggest question for now.

This drama has always been good in the narrative, depicting real life event in a way that people can relate to. As long as they can explain or tell a narrative of why things happen the way they are, i'm willing to accept any pairings. And for now i'll just enjoy the pairing the narrative has given to me this far.

• Like 15
  • Love 3

3 minutes ago, romancetrash said:

While I can understand where the implication of Flower Garden came from in this episode, I would say that the writer has to build foundation of their relationship from scratcg (maybe not exactly scratc) if its true. Considering Songhwa confronted Chihong's feeling about her, why she never confronts Jungwon until now? If they truly love each other, and even single, why not give each other a chance? And they have no trauma or miss timing like IkSong in the past. Perhaps Songhwa feels hesitation toward Jungwon, but again, kinda inconsistent with her confronting Chihong.

If Jwon is a potential lover for Songhwa, it will be rectangular love, and I think isnt the writer style so far? But then again, the writer did say it was not the Reply series.

Also, Gyeoul has been heartbroken a few times now. Flower Garden becoming the endgame would end up hurting several characters (and me lol). If Songhwa also shakes Jwon's desire to be priest, he will be avoiding her and giving her cold shoulder, and basically treating her different from anyone else.

Exactly if flowergarden was endgame why no confession until now?? Why would andrea even consider priesthood if song hwa was his love and she had feelings for him too?? Wouldn't they have confessed by now. Both have been single for many years. 

Ik joon at least was married for sometime. And iksong are shown to have history. Where is even a small hint of backstory for flowergarden? Andrea has more scenes with ik joon and of course gyewool than anyone else. Today was the only flowergarden scene. Even at 3 seasons shouldn't there be atleast an indication of romance between the two?

• Like 17
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, romancetrash said:

But then again, the writer did say it was not the Reply series.

Was that a troll though?  There’s no reason for her to keep throwing this possibility at us?  There’s very few of us FlowerGardeners.  We’re on a little boat.  We will take what crumbs she throws at us.  IkSong and WinterGarden are Titanics.  So I agree that if she were to sink both ships it would take guts.  One gigantic iceberg in the form of FlowerGarden.  ChiHong is going to be turned down too from the looks of it?  I don’t see her moving towards a relationship with him either.  Andrea is definitely thawing out to Jang but I am waiting to see if he calls her GyeoUl-ah like IJ does.  Thus far it’s been very formal other than the AnYeong.  If anything he’s starting to treat her like he does Dr Bae which is a big improvement.   IJ has had multiple failings when it comes to picking pairings and judging relationships (like the liver transplant dad last week) - he still thinks ChiHong and IS are a thing.  I wouldn’t trust him to be a barometer of relationships.  So yes I agree it would be a massive outcry if she sinks what she built (but if you really look hard, it’s been unrequited love from the start?) so you could say she didn’t really lead the audience up the garden path.  Just as WinterGarden has been obvious to you from the start, I would say for FlowerGardeners we think the same - it’s there hidden right from the start.  Just different ways of viewing a plot line.  And that’s the beauty of her work.  It’s has multiple angles of viewing.  It really is up to her which way she wants to move.  I am happy she’s given us couple scenes this episode.  It’s been lean pickings for the past 9 episodes.  Whichever way she moves it’s a win for her.  If she feeds WinterGarden, there will be a collective sigh of relief for both Titanics.  But if she opts to feed FlowerGardeners, the outcry will be huge.  Probably big enough for the talk and chatter to continue till S2 and possibly S3.  People remember bad experiences more than they do good experiences.  It’s all in her hands.  Win win for her either way. 

• Like 2

OMG...how are going to wait one week for another episode...my mind is going crazy...this is my only drama I am currently watching....no other one....and to think there is only 2 more episodes left....

I am also wishing for the couples to happend...but at the same time this story is so real...so could or could not happend...my favorite is the winter couple...but everything is still in the open...IJ...is my favorite...he really is carismatic, hard working but the most important he observes, look everything, pays atention to detail that is why he knows so much about his friends, the residents, hospital and etc..yes he can be naive with his sister and ex-wife...but he cares for everyone...he really is magic.....

• Like 5
  • Love 4

dff2744af848597f651bf94236ac6ec65872a978

3121f88b4944d85be4b3bddc896391e3685cb422

eb9201adbb9f4b290e805fab552001e5d02febf0

Spoiler

97c7b7fad2d9b09291392e5cf3054b5c3ee5f268

So Ikjun is the one who is training SHwa to eat slowly. LOL

Anyway for the scene leading up to this meal together scene, I see that some people interpret that SHwa decided to eat again because Cpt Ahn message her.

However I see it differently, I see it as she replied she could eat again before reading Cpt Ahn message, she ask if Ahn could join as he has something to ask Ikjun. Think Ikjun might take more action soon as he does looks a bit disappointed when SHwa praised Ahn.

Anyway I am guessing either ship or I should say all ships will not sail at end of season 1 as this is a seasonal drama.

Please stay tune for season 2 next year, this is a bait for those shippers to keep watching and get mindblown every week.

Plus one thing to take note, SHwa could enter Ikjun house freely as shown when she enter U-ju room directly without Ikjun having to leave the room to open the door for her.

@dairymilks well SHwa is the only one who can manage, the rest of the 3 guys cannot as their characters doesn't allow them to

• Like 18
  • Love 1

As usual, loved reading everyone's reactions and responses towards the series. Just goes to show the beauty of consuming art, everyone has a different take on it (albeit imo pretty extreme takes at both ends of the spectrum of the ships in the series, but i'm sure users will continue to discuss about it in the days to come leading up until episode 11 :D).

One of my favorite parts about this series are the characters, how contrasting and diverse in terms of characterization, and I undoubtedly have a soft spot for Gyeoul and will defend her lmao. The moment she was reprimanded for her borderline offensive comment to the parent she instantly caught my eye and became someone I wanted to root for despite her shortcomings (I'm a sucker for underdogs and personal growth arcs let me be)! So imagine how stoked I was with her in Episode 9 where we saw her in action, not as a love interest or clickbait material (looking at you TVn ugh) but another doctor trying her best and learning from her mistakes. Still screwing up (even though the magnitude of the screw up was mild as how some viewers make it out to be) but not without progress.

But somehow this episode regressed her progression (in terms of how she's at face value being perceived) and she's back to being a 'possible' love interest for Jeongwon and I don't know it just made me a bit sad because she's much more than that. We got the praise from Ikjun, honestly one of my favorite parts of the episode no cap, but other than that nothing was very substantial? Idk.

I hope we get a Gyeoul focused episode like Jaehak and Minha and CHihong did because so far, all we know about her are the small crumbs of information she leaves and the characters in the series' perception of her.  How does she work with other GS profs? What inner turbulence does she have other than sensitivity issues? Is her character arc limited to improved bedside manners and her love life???? I want more than that and due to her current elusiveness the writers have a lot they can work with hahah.  I hope this comes during winter (love the theory about how each season focused on one of the character's arcs) and possibly during her first solo surgery WHICH I AM SO EXCITED FOR??? Would it be too late though to focus on her specifically since there's only two episodes left with quite a number of loose ends to tie up?

I'm ranting about this when we have two more seasons for Shin PD to do that but it's also not fair because we've seen backgrounds of most of the characters?????? Anyways, at this rate I'll take whatever they hand me and there's only two episodes left hehe, have a good Friday everyone :)

Edited by winnerrrrrrrr444
mispelling and left out words
  • Like 17
  • Love 7

3 hours ago, Cantabile said:

Not trying to defend Ikjun in Gyeowool's flower scene at GS office, I personally think what he did is wrong. 
But I think this is just Ikjun's personality of wanting to help others personal problems, though sometimes his help is not always the good one. His caringness for other people's business sometimes can be felt overwhelming & crossing the line, and this is Ikjun's flaw. And we know that Gyeowool is so innocent in romance thing so she just followed what Ikjun told her to do LOL. 
I believe the writer will show development of Ikjun's character in good way :)

The reason I shared this post to show different perspective about Ikjun's action. Of course what Ikjun did felt cute & swoonworthy in the drama, but if we viewed from real life, it felt kind of wrong *at least to me*. There are so many better ways in doing matchmaking without creating lies (even if it's white lies). So I understand why some felt it's manipulative and forced, and they didn't like his idea.
I think the hidden meaning of writer in creating this scene to show Ikjun's flaw. Ikjun's intention is always pure and kind, but sometimes his way is wrong. He is human after all.
And I feel so pity for Ikjun. He is always busy in helping others find their happiness, but he never think about his own happiness. His scene with Songhwa in breakfast (?) really tugged my heart and made me wanna root for him. *Ikjun-ah, you hear me, right? Find your own happiness!*

Whomever he end up with, I hope he will find his happiness (of course I will be happiest if he end up with Songhwa). :)

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Just fyi, the English translation when Song Hwa recited "I am an intellectual" is actually quite off.

It should be "I am a civilized person" ~ meaning no need to devour her food in barbaric way.

5 minutes ago, Cantabile said:

The reason I shared this post to show different perspective about Ikjun's action. Of course what Ikjun did felt cute & swoonworthy in the drama, but if we viewed from real life, it felt kind of wrong *at least to me*. There are so many better ways in doing matchmaking without creating lies (even if it's white lies). So I understand why some felt it's manipulative and forced, and they didn't like his idea.

I understand why people would think so. I guess we have to see how close the relationship is between those people. Like when he lied in JWon's face in front of the ATM. He just simply said "I lied"... Probably if he is caught with the flowers lie, he would just immediately own up to JWon and said, "yes I was the mastermind behind it"

• Like 8
  • LOL 5
  • Thanks 4