[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

OSEN | 2020. 02. 05. 12:20 AM

"Hospital Playlist" gathers talented cast, confirming first episode on March 12

202002051130777934_5e3a2aa00585a.jpg

The first episode of the drama "Hospital Playlist" will be broadcast on March 12.

After confirming its broadcast on March 12, the new drama "Hospital Playlist" (tvN cable channel/ Scriptwriter: Lee Woo Jung / Director: Shin Won Ho) is raising the public's expectations as it announced the second teaser video filled with the chemistry of the characters.

"Hospital Playlist" tells the story of 20-year close friends who spend normal yet special days at a hospital - the microcosm of a person's life from birth to death. Set at a hospital, the drama promises to become the hottest and most anticipated production in 2020 with the collaboration of director Shin Won Ho and screenwriter Lee Woo Jung - those who cause national syndromes through each of their work.

The prestigious scriptwriter-director-actor lineup that is completed with the participation of popular and capable actors like Jo Jung Suk, Yoo Yeon Seok, Jung Kyung Ho, Kim Dae Myung, and Jeon Mi Do is signaling the birth of a new legendary drama.

202002051130777934_5e3a2aa03a65b.jpg

Meanwhile, the second teaser video of "Hospital Playlist" was dropped, thereby heightening viewers' expectations for the drama's episode 1. While the first teaser video is about the reason why director Shin Won Ho and screenwriter Lee Woo Jung decided to create a drama about the medical profession, the second one introduces 5 doctors from the class of 99 of the Medical University, attracting a great deal of viewers' attention. With only one cut, it has raised viewers' expectations for the positivity as well as the strong friendship and real-life chemistry of actors Jo Jung Suk, Yoo Yeon Suk, Jung Kyung Ho, Kim Dae Myung, and Jeon Mi Do as they turn into doctors in the drama.

Following the TV series "Reply" and "Prison Playbook", "Hospital Playlist" is arousing the audience's curiosity as it heralds the birth of a new legendary drama. The final appearance of the five friends studying at the University of Medicine in "Hospital Playlist" is also enough to make viewers eagerly look forward to the funny and touching scenes through the storyline. Above all, Jo Jung Suk's narration "Every day of us, the ordinary people, all has something a bit special" makes the characters' true friendship become more warm, thereby arousing the viewers' anticipation of the film's broadcast date.

"Hospital Playlist" will be broadcast at 9 pm (KST) every Thursday, starting from March 12.

[OSEN = Reporter Seon Mi Kyung]  /seon@osen.co.kr
Photo = Provided by tvN 
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@anony12345 I don't think she's that much of a rookie in acting since she grabbed a couple of awards for her musical performances. :) She is well-known in that department. Shin PD is known for getting very talented musical actors/actresses on board his dramas. I think he did really well as well for this one. I am full of expectation on high quality performances from all of them. Ahhhh, can't hardly wait!:wub: 

21 hours ago, Jillia said:

Yeah I think I read something about that as well. Since it's only one episode per week the run over the cause of 12 weeks is long enough. :D I mean I don't mind seeing the cast even longer but I think 12 episodes are decent for a drama like this.

No worries dear, I do believe it's not gonna be the normal 1 hour per episode. Most probably more than an hour. ^^

• Like 5

Spoiler
6 hours ago, anony12345 said:

Just come across this show and I have to say - how do you put that much talent on the male side and then throw in a rookie for the female lead

The PD and the writer must have seen an X factor to this female lead. Anyway PD Shin Won-Ho is really known for discovering rookie talents and make them big in d industry. :)

Note: She has only 1 drama "Mother " and 1 movie "Metamorphosis" b4 this Hospital Playlist. This drama is a great break for her. :)

• Like 4

Thanks everyone for the update!  If it is indeed 3 seasons with 12 episodes each, does it mean the characters will be different each season or the cast have signed on the a multi-season deal?  Or they will film all three seasons at once?  Think it would be hard to get the main cast's schedule to line up for S2/3? Hmm

In any case, I did see the drama Mother and am wrecking my brain to remember Jeon Mi Do (who according to wiki played a guest character).  Nothing comes to mind. LOL.  Did see a clip of her singing, she has a good voice!

Been a fan of PD Shin ever since 1N2D when he was assistant to PD Na.  He has come a long way!  Big fan of this PD/writer duo as well.  I really like the ensemble set up, always feel that good actors enjoy the camaraderie and not have to carry a drama solely on his/her shoulder... it's like an acting workshop, learning working with others, no?

Does anyone have character chart, description? it's barebone on tvN website.

• Love 2

I'm sorry to say this but I'm really against the season thing lol. Not to mention, like @bedifferent said, it's really hard to gather the cast again for 2 more seasons so I would like the news to be fake:(. Also, one of the things that people like myself love about Kdramas is the fact that it's different from Western shows in terms of how there is a beginning and ending with in a certain episodes compare to having multiple seasons running for a couple of years. Of course, there are a few exceptions like a crime drama from OCN.... If the writer and PD wants to cover everyone's story, then it's better if they increase the episodes like they have been doing for their previous dramas.

• Like 1

Watch: “Hospital Playlist” Starring Jung Kyung Ho, Yoo Yeon Seok, And More Releases Highlight Teaser

Feb 11, 2020
by K. Z

2d137bdc20e04bb097a51689f964d6bd.jpeg?s=

tvN’s upcoming drama “Hospital Playlist” has released the second teaser for the new series, this time treating fans with a highlight reel!

“Hospital Playlist” tells the ordinary stories of ordinary doctors and stars Jo Jung Suk, Kim Dae Myung, Jung Kyung HoYoo Yeon Seok, and Jeon Mi Do as long-time friends who met when they were in medical school.

The first half of the teaser shows these ordinary doctors in the more normal aspect of their lives, taking the time to introduce each of the characters. From Song Hwa (Jeon Mi Do), the anchor of the group, to the reclusive Seok Hyung (Kim Dae Myung), from the self-proclaimed “cool guy” Ik Joon (Jo Jung Suk) to the impersonable but skilled Joon Wan (Jung Kyung Ho) and the sensitive Jung Won (Yoo Yeon Suk) who is a completely different person in front of his patients, all five of the main characters have a unique story they bring to the table.

The second half of the teaser shows the heavy weight that comes with being a profession, as all five doctors struggle to save lives. Each of the doctors is quoted saying, “I will do all that I can. Quitting is not an option.” In the end, despite the vast differences between each of the doctors, their friendship remains strong, as highlighted by the end of the teaser.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1382412wpp/watch-hospital-playlist-starring-jung-kyung-ho-yoo-yeon-seok-and-more-releases-highlight-teaser

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I'm In! just seeing the highlight teaser and i'm so in to this drama.

I love heart warming drama type. 

Jo Joon Sook, Yoo Yeon Seok, Jung Kyung Ho in one project will be deliver a very good story. 

I never seen the female lead before, but i like her appearance here. She has a cute smile.

Can't wait to see this drama airing. And just realized i have to wait a month later :D

• Like 3

Looking at the latest trailer causes me to wonder why it is that we don't see more of these types of shows with multiple leads. I suppose it's all about the confidence of the PD and the writer in being able to pull something like this off. I imagine it's also not easy to bring together a group of actors willing to share the limelight with other acting powerhouses. 

I don't know how I feel about multiple seasons of 12 episodes just yet. I wonder if this means that Netflix is picking this up.

I'm excited though. JJS and JKH sharing the stage. I love them both.

It does give off an ER kind of vibe. But more comedic.

• Love 1

45 minutes ago, babyolala said:

Engsubbed highlight teaser is out yay!!! :D

Thank you for the sub. Getting more interesting for this drama after watching the eng sub. As the director  said that this drama Will filled with people ordinary , everyday story' of birth, old age,sickeness and death.

I wonder why 3 of the main actor came from musical experience. 

• Like 1

February 11 2020

Highlight trailer for tvN drama series “Hospital Playlist”

Hospital_Playlist-highlightSM1.jpeg

Highlight trailer added for upcoming tvN drama series “Hospital Playlist” starring Cho Jung-Seok, Kim Dae-Myung, Jung Kyoung-Ho, Yoo Yeon-Seok, and Jeon Mi-Do. The highlight trailer reveals the 5 main character’s names and their personalities for the first time.

In order of the highlight trailer, Jeon Mi-Do plays Song-Hwa. She is the only female among the 5 main characters, who have been friends since their med school days. Kim Dae-Myung plays Seok-Hyeong. He’s not a sociable person and he is a mamma’s boy. Cho Jung-Seok plays Ik-Joon. He is outgoing, unlike his friend Seok-Hyeong. He always places the at the top in academics. Jung Kyoung-Ho plays Joon-Wan. He is a highly skilled surgeon, but makes biting remarks to people. Lastly, Yoo Yeon-Seok plays Jung-Won. He is a gentle doctor, but he is very sensitive outside of the hospital.

“Hospital Playlist” first airs March 12, 2020 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/highlight-trailer-for-tvn-drama-series-hospital-playlist

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

OSEN | 2020. 02. 13. 7:31 PM

Reasons for viewers to look forward to "Hospital Playlist"

202002140923773835_5e45e9a4c984f.jpg

With just a short highlight video, "Hospital Playlist" has drawn the audience's attention and is expected to create a new sensation.

"Hospital Playlist" (tvN) is a drama about the 20-year friendship of a group of friends who can understand each other just by a glance, and people who spend special days in a very normal way at a hospital called "a summary of life", which witnesses the birth and death of many lives. Below are 3 reasons that raise audiences' expectation for the drama "Hospital Playlist" - which quickly became the most anticipated and talked-about work in the first half of 2020. 

# Anticipation of a new lifetime series! Director Shin Won Ho X Scriptwriter Lee Woo Jung

"Hospital Playlist" is getting a lot of attention and expectation just with the information that this is the next collaboration product of director Shin Won Ho and writer Lee Woo Jung - those who created popular phenomena with "Prison Playbook" and the "Reply" series. The two always bring dramas possessing both artistic value and viral element and arousing the sympathy of many generations. Therefore, the audience also anticipates that the two will create another work of a lifetime. The public is focusing attention on the novel story brought by director Shin Won Ho and screenwriter Lee Woo Jung - the duo who conquers the audience just by their names.

202002140923773835_5e45e9a5ea4dd.jpg

# New combination of Jo Jung Suk, Yoo Yeon Seok, Jung Kyung Ho, Kim Dae Myung, and musical star Jeon Do Mi

"Hospital Playlist" features famous stars such as Jo Jung Suk, Yoo Yeon Seok, Jung Kyung Ho, and Kim Dae Myung. It is highly expected to develop the synergy of the experienced production crew and Korea's representative cast. In addition, the drama has the appearance of Jeon Do Mi - a rookie in the TV area but a veteran on the musical stage. With this new combo of actors, "Hospital Playlist" is likely to create unpredictable chemistry and the best perfected work ever.

# Chemistry of the group of 5 friends + expectations on special simple stories

Fans' interest and expectation are proved by a short highlight published on February 11. The video made fans extremely curious about 5 characters in the group of friends from Medical University and raised expectations about the new medical drama with the collaboration of director Shin Won Ho and screenwriter Lee Woo Jung. In addition, the drama received positive comments on social media after viewers finished the video, "I'm intrigued by the drama already", "I heard that the cast and crew are from the series 'Reply', definitely must watch it", "I catch the smell of a classic", "Just a short clip but it is funny, relaxing, and touching at the same time. Is this for real?", "Jeon Do Mi is so cute! The 5 friends from Medical University look really close", etc.

"Hospital Playlist" (tvN) will air every Thursday at 9 pm (KST) starting from March 12.

OSEN = Reporter Lee Seung Hun /seunghun@osen.co.kr
Photo = tvN
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive 
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Oooook. The teasers look sooooo good & JJS is looking soooo MISCHIEVOUS:P:tounge_wink:. So the king of rom-com is doing again what he is good doing at. 

Oooooohhhhb can not wait for 12 march.

Also looking forward to JKH. Will watch him first time.

For now off to watch the amazing teaser again& again:lol:.

• Like 2