[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

Knock knock.

Coming in to see if it’s time yet?  :lol: hellooooo everyone. @triplem @nrllee 

Netflix sub of trailer is :thumbsup: @taeunfighting @Dhakra @staygold you should join us :grin:

Be back when drama starts.

PS  How am I going to find time to watch all these dramas in March?  Itaewon, 365, Weather etc., Hospital PL?   :glasses:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

@bedifferent well look who’s materialised.  Welcome back. Yes I am definitely on board this train. 12Mar premiere.  Hopefully the subs will be out fast?  Is this on Netflix?  I vaguely remember there was a big lag with the drama

Life when it came to episode releases outside of Korea.  I am a bit worried that the COVID19 debacle may spill into drama land because of the difficulties logistically in filming in that climate.  We’ll see. 

• Sad 1

@nrllee same, SGN then home. 

Has the drama wrapped up filming for season 1 yet, anyone know?  Season 2 to be filmed this fall.  Pray for same cast.

hospital-playlist11-1084x1536.jpeg

Since starting as undergrads in 1999, twenty years later, five doctors remain good friends and colleagues at the same hospital. While their day to day lives seem ordinary, they are in the microcosm of life as they bear witness to people being born and dying on a day to day basis. Throughout their years as friends, the love for music each doctor has resulted in the quintet starting a band together.    <------- This is why I love this PD!

Source: Netflix

20200220114231989rgdv.jpg

20200220101114764tjey.jpg

Source

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks @bedifferent :)! Saw the trailer. It looks good especially with all the personalities...so I'm sold. I don't watch too many medical dramas, but I know it'll be more than that. I do have siblings/family in the field though so perhaps I'll come to better understand their work life.

P.S. The casting is amazing!

• Like 4

14 hours ago, bedifferent said:

Throughout their years as friends, the love for music each doctor has resulted in the quintet starting a band together. 

I am happy that the synospis was right. So, they are in a music band. So cool. I want to see their relationship so much. I love these kind of dramas.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Dhakra said:

Hospital mhm? Well, well, we will see. :D 

LOL. This is the ex-1N2D PD/writer duo of Prison Playbook and Reply series so it's not all dry hospital politics and procedural medical stuffs.  :D  I think you will like it!  I like dramas of ensemble cast plus the trailer looks fun.  This PD is known for his excellent choice of music. Since their friendship is over 20 years, we can expect some old familiar songs that we should recognize.  Someone may want to keep a running list of the songs.

11 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

I don't watch too many medical dramas, but I know it'll be more than that. I do have siblings/family in the field though so perhaps I'll come to better understand their work life.

P.S. The casting is amazing!

At the very least, I think we won't have too much of a problem with female/male lead shipping here  ahemmm :lol:  I love their past projects so hope is high esp with this cast.  Funny that you are interested in finding about your siblings' work life.  This drama sounds like it wants to show more of the human side of physicians.  Perhaps you will see some reflections of your own family on screen!  It's a good thing no? :lol:

@larus  Yeah, I finally understand why they use the title is Hospital Playlist+.  Got to do with their love of music.  Only thing left to wonder is what the playlist is about: their patients' stories or their own?  We should find out soon.  According to Netflix, it's an hour long drama weekly, not as long as we thought.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bedifferent said:

At the very least, I think we won't have too much of a problem with female/male lead shipping here  ahemmm :lol:  I love their past projects so hope is high esp with this cast.  Funny that you are interested in finding about your siblings' work life.  This drama sounds like it wants to show more of the human side of physicians.  Perhaps you will see some reflections of your own family on screen!  It's a good thing no? :lol:

The casting is definitely a winner. :) The story does seem to be more about the human side which I do like. I'm pretty close to my siblings, but happen to not share the same career as them. I hear them talk, but don't understand...so any takeaways would be good. ;) Based on the trailer, I think I already know which characters my siblings are. :lol:

Your mention of FL/ML shipping almost went over my head. LOL. For sure! *rolls eyes*

Edited by taeunfighting
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

Not only they have different specialities but they have different personalities as well. I like them all already. I can`t wait to see them interact.

4d133f1a4ed1f4e0ec80942ddab4d2d9.jpg

https://www.hankyung.com/entertainment/article/202002271251k

PS20022500048.jpg

https://www.edaily.co.kr/news/read?newsId=01203766625674128&mediaCodeNo=258

1YYZVGYZZJ_2.jpg

https://www.sedaily.com/NewsVIew/1YYZVGYZZJ

• Like 1

Yoo Yeon Seok Is All Smiles Behind The Scenes Of Upcoming Drama “Hospital Playlist”

Feb 28, 2020
by R. Jun
e7888e2efd3e4986ab194854bbd6bd9e.jpeg?s=

Starship Entertainment revealed new behind-the-scenes photos of Yoo Yeon Seok from the poster shoot of upcoming tvN drama “Hospital Playlist.”

“Hospital Playlist” is a new medical drama that will tell the everyday stories of ordinary doctors and patients. The series stars Jo Jung Suk, Jung Kyung Ho, Yoo Yeon Seok, Jeon Mi Do, and Kim Dae Myung as five longtime friends who first met back in medical school.

Yoo Yeon Seok plays a pediatric surgeon named Jung Won, who’s an absolute angel to his patients, but easily irritable with his fellow doctors.

In the new behind-the-scenes shots, Yoo Yeon Suk sports blue scrubs as he smiles and laughs with his costars, heightening anticipation for great chemistry between the cast.

“Hospital Playbook,” which is from director Shin Won Ho and writer Lee Woo Jung of tvN’s “Reply” series and “Prison Playbook,” premieres March 11.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1385528wpp/yoo-yeon-seok-is-all-smiles-behind-the-scenes-of-upcoming-drama-hospital-playlist

• Like 1

On 2/25/2020 at 5:58 PM, bedifferent said:

Throughout their years as friends, the love for music each doctor has resulted in the quintet starting a band together.   

Since we’re told this.  How about a guessing game?  When my kids were told to pick an instrument to play in their school band I asked a music teacher what instrument she suggested they pick up.  She said, “the child’s temperament should match the instrument.  As a rule of thumb, children will pick the instrument which best reflects their personality.”  So.... with the character synopsis out... and my guess that they aren’t a classical string quintet and a normal band...

JJS - lead guitar/vocalist

YYS - drums (He loves musical theatre so he can sing, just like JJS)

JYK - keys

KDM - bass guitar

JMD - female vocalist (she’s in musical theatre too so she can sing)

:lol: probably wrong but it was fun.

• Like 2

New teasers 

i read they are suspending filming temporarily due to covid 19 as they hv a large cast & crew . Think that should be quite ahead in filming 

Spoiler

OSEN | 2020. 03. 01. 2:27 AM

"Hospital Playlist" postpones filming due to Covid-19 concern

3-F325-FE5-A88-E-41-B7-8-E71-ADC8-D291-F

The drama "Hospital Playlist" (tvN) has postponed filming schedule due to the effects of the Covid-19 epidemic.

On March 1, the Thursday drama "Hospital Playlist" (tvN, 2020) side shared with OSEN, "For the safety of everyone, we decided to temporarily stop filming and watch the disease situation. We are trying our best to film safely."

Next, the production crew also said, "Since safety is the most important, since last week, we have stopped filming and are continuing to observe the situation. It is expected that the filming will resume this week. The first airing date will not change."

On the other hand, "Hospital Playlist" (directed by Shin Won Ho, written by Lee Woo Jung, planned by tvN, produced by Egg is Coming) is a drama that revolves around the story of the 20-year best friends - who can understand the thought of each other with just a look, and the characters who are going through each day in a seemingly normal but actually special way at the hospital - a miniature version of life, where someone is born and someone ends the life. The first episode of the drama will be aired at 9 pm (KST) March 12.

OSEN = Reporter Ji Min Kyung /mk3244@osen.co.kr
Photo = Provided by tvN 
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
▶https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

https://www.soompi.com/article/1386216wpp/pd-shin-won-ho-shares-3-reasons-why-hospital-playlist-is-special

PD Shin Won Ho Shares 3 Reasons Why “Hospital Playlist” Is Special

Mar 2, 2020
by K. Z

BD9-AF1-F0-7-C69-435-B-9499-8-C56-B2-CB0

The premiere of “Hospital Playlist” is quickly upon us, and PD Shin Won Ho has opened up about some of the reasons that make it so special.

“Hospital Playlist” tells the ordinary stories of ordinary doctors and stars Jo Jung Suk, Kim Dae Myung, Jung Kyung Ho, Yoo Yeon Seok, and Jeon Mi Do as long-time friends who met when they were in medical school.

1. “I wanted to be able to show the strength that [the viewers can get] through the small and precious stories from the hospital.”

Because the drama is one that shows ordinary people leading extraordinary lives, Shin Won Ho said, “The setting and background is the only thing different about this drama compared to that of the ‘Reply’ series or ‘Prison Playbook.’ Similar to those dramas, [‘Hospital Playlist’] follows the everyday lives of ordinary people, telling those small but previous and warm stories. The funny moments, the interesting moments, and the sad moments of life are all part of that story that I wanted to show when making this drama.”

2. “It’s a charming snapshot of these doctors’ professional and everyday images, as they’re connected through the most dramatic moments.”

The main cast of “Hospital Playlist” are five doctors who’ve been friends for 20 years, and thus the drama shows their lives both inside and outside of the hospital. Shin Won Ho said, “I think the viewers will find it charming, seeing the ordinary people behind the doctors’ professional image.”

3. “A drama that people will easily be able to relate to, with a story about lives that aren’t so different from our own.”

Rather than focusing on only the dramatic stories that come out of a hospital, “Hospital Playlist” focuses on the day-to-day happenings inside of one. Shin Wo Ho said, “Rather than being a large-scale, grandiose drama, I want people to take away from it that it’s a story about lives that aren’t so different from our own. I want people to be able to sympathize with the characters, to get made with, to laugh with them, just like in our own everyday lives.”

“Hospital Playlist” premieres on March 12 at 9 p.m. KST.

Source (1)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I am excited to watch this drama but I understand why they will pospone filming. I wonder if there will be a delay in the premiere or they filmed enough to be on schredules.  Stay healthy everybody.

• Like 4

Smart Doctor Living releases new teaser featuring main cast

by tineybeanie

wisedoctort1.jpg

Long-anticipated hospital drama Smart Doctor Living has released its second teaser, featuring the tight-knit quintet of doctors that comprise our main characters, Jo Jung-seok (Nokdu Flower), Kim Dae-myung (The Sound of Your Heart), Jung Kyung-ho (When the Devil Calls Your Name), Yoo Yeon-seok (Mr. Sunshine), and Jeon Mi-do (Mother)

The drama tells the story of the quotidien ongoings at the hospital where life’s most extreme moments from birth to death happen. These five friends from medical school work together, laugh together and cry together as they mature through their shared unique experiences.

In the recently released 15-second teaser, Jeon Mi-do narrates as Yoo Yeon-seok scrubs in for surgery: “Brace yourself. The work is tiring but you get used to it after a while. But our work, it’s not the type of work we should get used to… is it?”

Frantic scenes of Jung Kyung-ho running through the hospital halls and Kim Dae-myung stifling his sobs can be seen. The teaser ends with Jo Jung-seok at his desk saying, “Let’s save another precious human life today.”

The writer and director duo behind the Answer Me series, Lee Woo-jung and Shin Won-ho respectively, are reuniting for this drama. With the title of the drama being similar to PD Shin Won-ho’s previous drama, Smart Prison Living, I can’t help but wonder if the two will be related in some way.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/03/smart-doctor-living-releases-new-teaser-featuring-main-cast/

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

TvNterview engsubbed version for us int'l folks! :blush:

Their chemistry is super adorable! They were already teasing each other since last Dec, some first episodes filming I guess. Our male leads have always been so noisy lol, but they always tried to get JMD involved. :heart:

Also, I think their personality here seems exactly like their character lol. JJS the so-called cool guy, YYS was sweet yet sensitive, JKH the cranky one, KDM the timid cutie, and JMD was shy but has that strong presence.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Another short teaser before the first episode this upcoming Thursday

(Hard Sub)

Man: I think I don't live my life to the fullest
IJ: I don't know if what I will say can comfort you but... 
Caption: For enduring it well up until now, a small comfort for you
SgH: But I believe in you. I guess there must be a reason why you did that
JnW: Up until now he has endured it well
JgW: It must be hard for you. Thank you for enduring it well
SkH: This time, let's protect the baby well
Man2: Thank you for giving me this opportunity
JnW: You exceeded my expectations
JgW: It must be hard on you
Woman1: It's alright
Man3: Fighting (Good luck/Let's gather strength)
Man4: Yes (Thank you)
SgH: Yes, I'll do my best
SkH: You will become a good doctor

Note:

SgH referring to Song Hwa (Jeon Mi Do)

SkH referring to Seok Hyeong (Kim Dae Myung)

JnW referring to Joon Wan (Jung Kyung Ho)

JgW refering to Jung Won (Yoo Yeon Seok)

Joon Wan and Jung Won ; Song Hwa and Seok 

They have similar initial if we want to shorten their name. Unless I know about their last name, I have to this to differentiate them. Any idea how to differentiate their initial?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6