[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

3 hours ago, Cantabile said:

I think they DO have more conversations in off scene, because it will be impossible for Jeongwon to let Gyeowool do her first surgery on his patient if they interactions are just "annyeong haseyo" :sweatingbullets:.

Like I said, this is writer's style to make plot jump and off-scene (subtle)  developments for the sake of surprise element, so it's understandable that some viewers felt the flow is not too smooth and a bit abrupt, because viewers only see what shown on scenes. I shared the same sentiment about Junwan-Iksun build-up romance. But since this is just a little flaw of the writing/directing, I can put it aside :).

I guess this one thing that makes this drama different. The time jump and also the fact that they try to fit in multiple stories into one without too many getting entangled with each other that it ended up a big mess. 

I feel that understanding the characters and trying to interpret it based on the story telling, on what the director and writer trying to highlight and tell os best - instead of reading into everything based on the right/wrong on how I or a typical best person would do.  Many more things happening between the scenes - either we find out during the flash backs or we could just assume that some things just happened - if it is not aired it is not of much significance. I guess there is also the pressure of trying to introduce and provide a background of all the main and supporting characters in the first season, while still trying to develop and wrap up some of the story as a build up to season 2. 

• Like 12
  • Love 3

Anyone know the background music during Anh Chi Hong flashback while he put the orange and white rose on SongHwa's desk?

I am totally IkSong shipper but couldn't help myself to adore ACH as well.  

• Like 4
  • Love 3

Hello....I've been silent reader...since the beginning of this drama. As season 1 ended, my level of expectation for Korean drama has been rises..why?because HP is not a drama, because there is no drama. The storyline(in term of friendships, human relationship) itself is real that I can relate myself to it. Each characters shows their best act, even those rookie actors/actresses.....they leave an impact that makes us remember what they did in every episode. There are countless memorable scenes that I sure, everyone still remember... It may sound parroting to others, still I hope, I will be given a chance to say my POV about our ships

i. IJ-SHwa: IJ 1st confession (During breakfast)...SHwa react as if she didn't hear what IJ said, because its like, WT..? are you trying to say here man...IJ 2nd confession (During NS team dinner)..at 1st SHwa thought IJ just try to play along with the others, that is why she's still laughing. As CH asked IJ, as IJ answered, her faced trying to tell that "why he did/say that again?"....I do agree  when some of you said that, she was angry in the taxi. She's questioning herself "what is wrong with IJ, that suddenly saying things like that(twice)? During karaoke, as she saw IJ singing, she seems to be a bit sway or moved because IJ confess through singing (3rd confession) but at the same time, she's thinking "is IJ trying to have a rebound relationship because he's lonely due to divorce?"and 4th confession, she sighed really loud...she is frustuated/confuse/not sure how to reply IJ once he's back from spain. because she's afraid its just a rebound relationship (don't forget in episode 1, she breakup, which is like early of the year..meaning less than a year). During the last band practice, both of them sit apart, not like normal, they always sit next to each other. IJ -SHwa are giving a space/time for each other to make sure this is not a rebound relationship.

ii. CH-SHwa : as for CH, as he said, his feeling towards SHwa is beyond his control.During their 1st meeting in the lift, CH sees a cute "intern" so of course he had a crush and admire her.As he join NS, he get to know that "intern" is his mentor and that admiration change to respect his mentor...slowly he adore her which lead him make a move (join SHwa for camping, giving her flowers, shoe as birthday present) even tough SHwa rejected him, he's still pursuing her...its because he adore her to the extent he cross the line that makes SHwa uncomfortable. Here, SHwa trying her best to maintain a professional relationship between mentor-mentee...because in mentor-mentee there is unspoken rule in which you should not involve with your mentee in order to avoid favoritism. Her last straw to make CH not to cross the line as mentor-mentee was not allowed him to follow her to sokcho and emphasize the important his board exam plus the way she write the notes(together with the crocs) stills sound as a reminder from a mentor to mentee.

iii. Jwan -IS : aarrgghh this two love birds......what can i say...hehehehe....who would've thought someone like JWan who seems to be so difficult to handle and doesn't know how to explain simple things to the patient's family and IS (army-tough woman) can be such a sweet and lovely. For IS, it is such a big step for her to accept Jwan as her BF after what her ex had done (remember CH story about IS having insomnia for 6 months because of breakup) . JWan on the other hand, knows how much IJ love his sister, trying hard to prove to IJ that he is worthy for IS that is why he's been looking for an opportunity or find time to talk with IJ. As the returned package it was thick as unknown(maybe someone can look what does it means).

iv. SH-MH : teddy bear couple....its good MH confess first and yet still keep a professional relationship (mentor-mentee) when they are on duty...but always find a way at least to eat together (as Shwa & Jwon said, SH is someone who enjoy to eat alone while watching variety show), and finally she got an opportunity to eat ramyeon with SH..and we can see SH big smile. But as for Christmas dinner, he rejected MH because he's still worried that he might hurt MH as he always feel wrong towards his ex-wife. For someone like SH, MH have to make a move so that, SH knows that, in every relationship, it is not only one side mistakes. Both sides can make a mistakes. I'm not going to say anything about a phone call from his ex.

v.Last but not least....WinterGarden : Winter is here...the 3 magical words...hehehehe...the character i love the most is GU, because she doesn't care what people say (about the shirt she wear, how she eat, remove the maggots,using pen to pin up her hair..to name a few) all she cares about was doing her work (job done). for outsider or someone who doesn't know her, might be thinking that GU is someone who is not interested of anything other that work, because she doesn't have cheerful voice or friendly face (you know what I mean except when she with IJ).I think, this want attract JWon attention. For someone like JWon, it is best the show your empathy especially when you are dealing with patient who are kids/baby and their family because its involve people's feeling. As they always together during the surgery or PICU, JWon start to realize that GU has a pure heart and honest in her work ...and when JWon compliment her about her 1st solo sugery.....you can see her big smile, a smile of satisfaction that "Today I've done a good job and I save a life" at the same time JWon knows that she's is someone who he feel or as if finally find someone that he can work with and that is why he can't stop smiling after their chat at the open garden and also become one of the reason why JWon decide to stay. To say GU is the main reason he stay as a doctor, I have to object that. I think the main reason he stay as doctor, is because that hospital itself is a special place for him. Its a reminder of his late father foundation and work and he should stay to continue his father's legacy of helping people in any possible way, like continue the DLLP. Along the way, his mom also influence his decision.

Sorry for a very long post....looking forward for season 2...

• Like 14
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 3

1 hour ago, Kathy345 said:

Anyone know the background music during Anh Chi Hong flashback while he put the orange and white rose on SongHwa's desk?

I am totally IkSong shipper but couldn't help myself to adore ACH as well.  

Here it is, sorry I don't know the English name :)

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, __jesse said:

first love was never a criterion for endgame in Shin-Lee’s dramas.

Nah... Lee-Shin duo indeed have a thing about first love because all their dramas have first love theme :sweatingbullets: It just depend on which first love is success, the guy or girl side.

Reference to their previous work:

Reply 1997

Siwon is Yoonjae's first love. 

Yoojung had a crush to Yoonjae, but she end up with Hakchan (Yoojung is Hakchan's first love). 

Reply 1994

Trash is Najung's first love. 

Samcheonpo & Yoonjin are first love of each other. 

Reply 1988

Deoksun is Taek's first love. 

Bora is Sunwoo's first love. 

Jungbong & Miok are first love of each other. 

I also read that Prison Playbook has first love theme for the main couple. So yeah... The first love theme is indeed signature of Lee-Shin duo :lol:

• Like 11
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

7 minutes ago, Cantabile said:

I also read that Prison Playbook has first love theme for the main couple. So yeah... The first love theme is indeed signature of Lee-Shin duo :lol:

Thank god. I hope Gyeo Ul 1st love sprouts and live happily ever after like DeokSun and Taek. 

21 minutes ago, Voila Shine said:

least....WinterGarden : Winter is here...the 3 magical words...hehehehe...the character i love the most is GU, because she doesn't care what people say (about the shirt she wear, how she eat, remove the maggots,using pen to pin up her hair..to name a few) all she cares about was doing her work (job done). for outsider or someone who doesn't know her, might be thinking that GU is someone who is not interested of anything other that work, because she doesn't have cheerful voice or friendly face (you know what I mean except when she with IJ).I think, this want attract JWon attention. For someone like JWon, it is best the show your empathy especially when you are dealing with patient who are kids/baby and their family because its involve people's feeling. As they always together during the surgery or PICU, JWon start to realize that GU has a pure heart a

His reaction was livid. He is planning to tell Gyeo Ul himself about him staying but Gyeo Ul came forward sneakily to him and stole his own line confession.  He was taken aback about her confession and plead to stay beside her. And that kiss signify "this is my first step towards you. Sorry for being late". The pent up feelings exploded. 

Look forward on how IkJun gonna tease them as a HospiCouple or PediatricCouple in season2. I hope PD nim and writer let us see WinterGarden awkward dating. 

On side note; I want to see Rosa reaction when Garden brings Winter to meet her. He doesnt know that will be her 2nd time meeting Rosa and vice versa. 

• Like 8
  • Love 5

This video maybe can be little help to understand why JW choose to stay being a doctor.. This youtuber try explain JW’s mindset from start until end drama.. Plus few theories from words on wall poster n patient name..

From Ep 1-8

KEEP TO GET HER

From Ep 8-12

I'M ALWAYS ON YOUR SIDE

Turn CC For Eng Sub

@Kathy345 It's a old song from group name TOY n title of song is "That I Was Once By Your Side".. If you know Yoo Hee Yeol, he's a one of member that group..

• Like 2
  • Love 8
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Cantabile said:

Nah... Lee-Shin duo indeed have a thing about first love because all their dramas have first love theme :sweatingbullets: It just depend on which first love is success, the guy or girl side.

I think you may have misunderstood me. What I mean is, not everyone ends up with their first love. It's not a necessary criterion for endgames to be valid.

Your first love could be your last.

Your first love could end up loving someone else.

Your first love could also teach you valuable lessons on what to look out for in your second love, or third. 

I think "first love" appears so frequently in their dramas also because they like to explore how relationships develop, progress and evolve between long-time friends. But it would be shallow to judge any ship simply based on "first love" and disregard how the characters have grown and changed throughout the course of the drama. 

Anyway, I'm really happy with how season 1 ended. Looking forward to the next season! :)

• Like 6
  • Love 9
  • Insightful 3

All I want in the next season is for Jeong won to happily watch Gyeo ul eat to her heart's content. She has a big appetite afterall. Apart from the Fab five meal scenes, I demand them to give us one scene in each ep of him taking her out to eat or buying her eggdrop sandwiches. Remember how the shippers got crazy over mere chocopie passing, now imagine him feeding her in every ep. Gahhhh. I know Songhwa said that line about seeing others enjoy good food makes him happy in a more metaphoric sense, but it is true literally too as he is the one who always wears the apron and serves them food during all their meal times.  We can only imagine how caring he will be towards Gyeo ul. Arghhhhh they are going to be such a sweet couple. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 16
  • Wiggle 1

1 hour ago, JJS's Fan-atics said:

https://media.tenor.com/images/4c84b661183dfb65833a97d57400597a/tenor.gif

Til we meet again in Season 2 :w00t: for OUR MINI WINTER GARDEN Protest  :joy:

Instagram Analytics (With images) | Cute asian babies, Twin baby ...:wub: 

Before i forgot, Also for Uju's YEODONGSAENG

Qoo10 - Children baby girl child wig wigs hair wig cute shows ...

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 3
  • Love 5

Hospital Playlist” Cast Tops Major Realtime Charts With Their Track “Me To You, You To Me”

May 29, 2020
by J. K

The “Hospital Playlist” cast band Mido and Falasol has taken No. 1 on many major realtime charts!

On May 29 at noon KST, “Hospital Playlist” released its 12th and final OST: the track “Me to You, You to Me” by the lead characters’ band Mido and Falasol. The band is composed of actors Jo Jung Suk, Yoo Yeon Seok, Jung Kyung Ho, Kim Dae Myung, and Jeon Mi Do.

By 2 p.m. KST, “Me to You, You to Me” had taken No. 1 on the realtime charts of three major music sites: Genie, Bugs, and Soribada. It was also at No. 7 on Melon.

Songs from the “Hospital Playlist” soundtrack continue to dominate the charts! Over on Melon, Jeon Mi Do’s soundtrack “I Knew I Love” was still at No. 1 on the realtime chart, Jo Jung Suk’s “Aloha” was at No. 3, Red Velvet member Joy’s “Introduce Me to a Good Person” was No. 9, and Super Junior member Kyuhyun’s “Confession Is Not Flashy” was No. 10.

More https://www.soompi.com/article/1403469wpp/hospital-playlist-cast-tops-major-realtime-charts-with-their-track-me-to-you-you-to-me

• Like 8