[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

33 minutes ago, triplem said:

Do you know when the premiere date is? It is not listed on Asian Wiki which is strange. This just came in . Says a Feb premiere?

No, I don`t know. The last time I read something about this drama it was listed a broadcast date as January 31. The teaser announced just February. Maybe they don`t know for sure when it is the first date.

I hope it is February 7th. :D

Thanks for the teaser.

Actor Lee Ji Hoon (1979) confirmed to appear in tvN drama Wise Doctor Life

cms_temp_article_03130209762135.jpg

http://www.etnews.com/20200103000107

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

It shows the hospital scenes from the PD's previous series and a comment by some knetizen saying "If you're going to be like this, why not just make it a drama?" with the follow up response "So we did". LOL. This production team definitely has a sense of humor.

Thanks for the translation.

Yeah, he has a sense of humor. I hope we`ll see the sense of humor in the drama as well.

All five doctors were colleagues in the same University. They are friends and work in the same hospital. A dream job, IMO. :D

• Like 2

January 7 2020

First teaser trailer for tvN drama series “Wise Doctor Life”

Wise_Doctor_Life-teaser00-SM1.jpg

Early teaser trailer for tvN drama series “Wise Doctor Life” ( literal title) starring Cho Jung-Seok, Kim Dae-Myung, Jung Kyoung-Ho, Yoo Yeon-Seok, and Jeon Mi-Do. The first teaser trailer doesn’t show any footage from the upcoming drama series, but rather footage from director Shin Won-Ho and screenwriter Lee Woo-Jung‘s previous collaborations on drama series “Reply 1997,” “Reply 1994,” and “Reply 1988.” The teaser trailer provides a backdrop on how “Wise Doctor Life” came into existence. Footage of hospital scenes from the Reply series plays in the teaser trailer. Captions in the teaser trailer starts around the 18 second mark and states in Korean “If you are inclined, why don’t you make a medical drama?” Around the 20 second mark, caption states “So we decided to make it.” Around the 22 second mark, Cho Jung-Seok’s voice appears and he states “..a bit of special everyday life of ordinary people like us.”

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/first-teaser-trailer-for-tvn-drama-series-wise-doctor-life

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

• 2 weeks later...

Go Ara Reportedly Making Special Appearance In New Medical Drama By “Reply” Series Creators

Jan 20, 2020
by L. Kim
466272b17da5490fb08e74334be260f2.jpeg?s=

Actress Go Ara may be making a special appearance in “Doctor Playbook” (working title)!

According to TV Report, Go Ara finished filming her scene in the upcoming tvN medical drama. Her special appearance is a result of her connection with director Shin Won Ho and writer Lee Woo Jung, who created the popular drama “Reply 1994” where Go Ara played the lead character Sung Na Jung.

In response to the reports, her label Artist Company said, “Please check the broadcast to find out.”

Starring Jo Jung Suk, Kim Dae Myung, Jung Kyung Ho, and Yoo Yeon Seok, “Doctor Playbook” is a medical drama that tells the everyday stories of doctors and patients in a hospital. It will premiere sometime in mid-February.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1378102wpp/go-ara-reportedly-making-special-appearance-in-new-medical-drama-by-reply-series-creators

• Like 2

Script reading with delicious english sub for int'l folks whose Korean skill is zero like me lol.

ENJOY IT! :heart:

It looks so much fun I like it!

The chemistry is already there by the first meeting! Can't! Wait! :love:

Edited by babyolala
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Waiting for this drama to air... Am watching Romantic Dr Kim 2 - quite good, so hoping this one is similar :D

I just want to welcome Kim Dae-Myung back to kdramaland.  His last drama work was the stellar Misaeng in 2014.  I miss him.  He’s good at playing the underdog who you can totally root for.  I hope we get some humor in the storylines... I already love how easy they look with each other.

• Like 3

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] Wise Doctor Life, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Thursdays @ 21:00 KST - Jo Jung Suk, Yoo Yeon Seok, Jung Kyung Ho - Premieres on March 12th

Seems like it’s just one eps per week ?

https://www.soompi.com/article/1380844wpp/tvn-announces-changes-to-broadcasting-schedule-return-of-you-quiz-on-the-block

Upcoming drama “Doctor Playbook” (working title), which will be helmed by producing director (PD) Shin Won Ho of the “Reply” series and “Prison Playbook,” has been scheduled to premiere on March 12 and will air every Thursday at 9 p.m. KST. The drama will be a drama that follows the lives of medical professionals who work in a hospital, experiencing ordinary but extraordinary days, and show the chemistry of people who have been friends for 20 years. The drama will star Jo Jung Suk, Kim Dae Myung, Jung Kyung HoYoo Yeon Seok, and Jeon Mi Do.

@bebebisous33@40somethingahjumma@bedifferent @triplem@stroppyse @Jillia @lu09 happy to see you guys for this this! It's always nice to discuss a drama with with soompiers  who analyz each chapters. It makes it fun and good to and enjoy a drama and  especially with  an all star cast like we have  in this drama

@larus thanks for all the updates. I'm super waiting but wait.. @triplem what 1 episode per week? The last time I watch a drama with once week  was  "Money Flower" every Saturday but  that 2 hours once a week (ep 1 &2). How many episodes does this have?

@nrllee watch this too.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Watch: “Doctor Playbook” Starring Jo Jung Suk, Yoo Yeon Seok, Jung Kyung Ho, And More Drops 1st Teaser

Feb 4, 2020
by C. Hong

d983a0b3b395429a98c6276857585978.jpeg?s=

tvN’s upcoming drama “Doctor Playbook” has released its first teaser!

“Doctor Playbook” is an upcoming medical drama from director Shin Won Ho and writer Lee Woo Jung, who are famous for working together on the “Reply” series and “Prison Playbook.” “Doctor Playbook” tells the ordinary stories of ordinary doctors and stars Jo Jung Suk, Kim Dae Myung, Jung Kyung Ho, Yoo Yeon Seok, and Jeon Mi Do as long-time friends who met when they were in medical school.

The new teaser establishes “Doctor Playbook” as part of Shin Won Ho’s filmography, putting the “Reply” series and “Prison Playbook” through an X-ray machine before lighting up to reveal the cast of “Doctor Playbook” in surgical scrubs.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1381121wpp/watch-doctor-playbook-starring-jo-jung-suk-yoo-yeon-seok-jung-kyung-ho-and-more-drops-1st-teaser

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@jongski I don’t particularly mind once a week as I think the episodes will be quite Long . I remember Prison Playbook was easily 1.5 hours per episode, like watching a movie each time :lol:
But as @stroppyse has so mentioned this PD is so good at fleshing out the stories of the characters that you don’t even realise the hour has past . I do think it will be 16 episodes. Maybe @Jilliaknows ? 

Anyway am excited that JKH will play a doctor ! Don’t think he’s ever played one right @larus

Hmm...is that right? Just one episode?  When I read this it sounds more like 2 eps back to back on Thu night?  Memorist premieres Mar 11 and it runs from 10:50pm on Wed and Thu night.  Wise Doctor starts Mar 12 (Thu only) at 9pm.  It sounds like 9-10:50pm time slot on Wed night will be Variety.  But on Thu nights beginning Mar12 it will be Wise Doctor.  So that slot 9-10:50pm is tentatively enough to slot in 2 episodes.  Although if Prison Playbook is anything to go by, this production team tends to have hour plus single episodes which would mean just one LONG ep each Thursday.  Either way I am happy and am tuning in.

Spoiler

Wednesday-Thursday dramas will be moved from 9:30 p.m. KST to 10:50 p.m. KST, and dramas that air in this time slot will be tailored to suit the late hour. Yoo Seung Ho and Lee Se Young‘s “Memorist” will premiere on March 11 and is based on a webtoon of the same name, telling the story of a detective with supernatural powers and an elite profiler as they hunt down a serial killer.

From March, viewers will be able to watch variety shows on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 9 p.m. KST. Notably, “You Quiz on the Block” is set to make its return with a new season on March 11. The show had previously aired at 11 p.m. KST and has now been pushed up two hours, responding to viewers’ requests for the show to air earlier in the day.

Upcoming drama “Doctor Playbook” (working title), which will be helmed by producing director (PD) Shin Won Ho of the “Reply” series and “Prison Playbook,” has been scheduled to premiere on March 12 and will air every Thursday at 9 p.m. KST. The drama will be a drama that follows the lives of medical professionals who work in a hospital, experiencing ordinary but extraordinary days, and show the chemistry of people who have been friends for 20 years. The drama will star Jo Jung Suk, Kim Dae Myung, Jung Kyung HoYoo Yeon Seok, and Jeon Mi Do.

After the drama ends, tvN will schedule a variety show in the time slot, and they plan to alternate between variety shows and dramas that air once a week.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3

5 hours ago, Jillia said:

Yeah I think I read something about that as well. Since it's only one episode per week the run over the cause of 12 weeks is long enough. :D I mean I don't mind seeing the cast even longer but I think 12 episodes are decent for a drama like this.

I want the episodes to be longer:sweatingbullets::lol:. 12 episodes won't be able to cover the entire cast and their background. I love this writer and PD duo because they are best in creating characters who we can all relate to. 

But one episode per week:weary::pensive:.... That's too much.... 

• Like 1

February 5 2020

Second teaser trailer for tvN drama series “Hospital Playlist”

Hospital_Playlist-teaser2SM111.jpg

Second teaser trailer added for tvN drama series “Hospital Playlist” (English title) starring Cho Jung-Seok, Kim Dae-Myung, Jung Kyoung-Ho, Yoo Yeon-Seok and Jeon Mi-Do. The drama series previously went under its literal title of “Hospital Playlist.” Teaser trailer #2 shows the five main characters in scrubs for the first time. They play characters who have been friends for 20 years, since they entered medical school in 1999, and now work at the same hospital. “Hospital Playlist” is directed by Shin Won-Ho and scripted by Lee Woo-Jung. They previously worked together on the three tvN “Reply” drama series.

“Hospital Playlist” first airs March 12, 2020 in South Korea (airs Thursdays at 9PM).

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/second-teaser-trailer-for-tvn-drama-series-hospital-playlist

15 hours ago, triplem said:

Anyway am excited that JKH will play a doctor ! Don’t think he’s ever played one right @larus

Yes, I don`t think he playued a doctor before.

I read that there are 12 episodes as well.

• Like 2