[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

7 hours ago, shawolynn said:

Alert! Alert! But hats off to Ahn Jeong-won for his response ;;^^

Well clearly no other girl would have made him leave priesthood except Gyeoul. but what a ‘best boyfriend’ response!! ♥️. When I started season 2 I really did not know how the winter garden couple will be in a relationship. But they exceeded all expectations cause they are so comfortable that it’s surprising. The kind of surprise that makes you feel warm and fuzzy on a rainy day. All shippers were as happy as Mama Rosa! 

Also IkSong what happened today has two reasons I think

- from season 1 episode 1 it seemed like Jun Wan and Jeong Won were close as they worked & lived together and Song Hwa and Seon hyeung were also close or in regular contact but it’s not clear if Ik Joon and Songhwa were as close. We don’t know what happened between the college years and before season 1. But I really doubt they were as close as friends as they are now.

- she was contemplating to say a yes and that’s why she probably smiled so broadly about the coffee. And again she smiled at his antics in the car when she closed the window and he tried to wipe the window. But it’s the silence in the car when the song played later when they were alone that swayed her to the other side. The awkwardness and silence scared Song Hwa of how things could be if she pursued a relationship and they broke up. I think it scared her as much as being alone and getting tested in Season 1 during the initial testing phase of her false health scare. 

Amongst the flawed 5 she is flawless so far. But no one is perfect and her flaw is that she is scared of being hurt and vulnerable. And that’s why she doesn’t give anyone a chance to know her deepest feelings and thoughts. But her health scare also showed that she is human after all and scared of being lonely. IkJoon and his antics are literally a bright spark of hope in her crazy hectic life and she just cant think of losing him and possibly losing him again (cause we don’t know if she felt like she lost him in the past) and she wouldn’t be able to bear the awkward silence if things go south and she is left feeling lonely again :heartbreak:

i think this season will be about her journey how life teaches her to open up, take a chance and trust/believe and accept that she is human too she too can reach out and rely on someone. It gonna be her journey to learn to accept love above all her fears ♥️

• Like 3
  • Love 13

to think Ahn JeongWon knew about Gyeoul secret bestie and ARMY fan girl

. Does this mean he's been attentive to her since the start?

idont think other than her group of Dr Bong's Salon knew it... Hmm ohh Ikjun knows because he bought her BTS coffee

BUT CHU MINHA scene 

SO FREAKING SAD. ON CHRISTMAS DAY AT THAT

BUT THE TIMELINE. CONFUSIONN

Gyeoul Confession Dec 25th

New Year? - Ikjun and Uju scene (Jan 1-2? or maybe Jan 14)

The HongDo Twins - sub intern in Winter - so it means after school med break they decided to intern again (so maybe Jan 14?)

• Like 7

5 hours ago, adrienne said:

Does anyone know the title of the song the band performed at the end of the episode? I tried to look up the Iyrics but nothing came up.

It is The Rain and You, and it as Lee Mu Jin's voice in the car scene.

(Edit:) The OST is going to be released today. The song was first sung by Park Joong Hoon in the 2006 movie Radio Star. 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 2

I watched part of ep 1. So nice to see the HP family on-screen again. Just wanted to say that I have so much admiration for Min Ha. Despite Seok Hyeong forgoing her invite to steak dinner together, she did not sulk nor feel sorry for herself. Rather than throwing herself a pity party, she put on a smile, downed her wine and dug into both steaks. I did feel bad for her when she saw Seok Hyeong with his ex-wife on her way back to Yulje. Obviously, she was hurt, but at least, she looked beautiful in the snow. I was amazed when she could even laugh a little about it. Hang in there, girlfriend.

I guess the boys…will always be boys. Ik Jun and Jun Wan has gone from pulling hair and breaking eggs to exorcism, pillow-fighting and tickle tactics. LOL.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

It was cute how Song Hwa caught Seok Min and Sun Bin. Her smile at them was priceless.

Will finish the rest later tonight. Enjoy, everyone!~

• Like 5
  • LOL 7
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

# he in mission to lose his virginity

Whatever happened to priesthood??? :tounge_wink::tounge_wink:.  Thank god he realised it's not for him and his mom must be very very happy that his son is on track.  Go! Go! Fighting!!!! Dr. Ahn!!! Let's get into action!!!! :approves:

• LOL 2
  • Awesome 3
  • Blob 2

I got confused too with the timeline and I have to say i wanted to see what happened after the kiss in ep.12 S1.

I wanted to see the first awkward moments after the kiss.

I can not see how both of them with no experience in dating got in a matter of few days so comfortable .

Also why nobody except us the viewers notices that Gyeoul the girl that never paid attention to her looks suddenly has her hair down and wears contact lenses.

What can I say for their chemistry? Wintergarden looks so good together.Dreamy couple.

I love seeing them on my screen.

Our Ob-gyn doctor looks so good with his ex wife.

I want to learn their story.

What can I say for Ik  jun? hang in there my friend. i m convinced things will change for you in the romantic part.

• Like 4
  • Love 5
  • Blob 1

wow. in the first season it was Songhwa and Seokhyoung who were faced with an emergency patient in ep 1 outside of hospital and in this season it is IkJun who is faced with emergency patient in ep 1. The parallels of Ikjun and Songhwa. 

As expected IKSong is going to be a slow burn. But as i said THE FUN HAS JUST BEGUN. 

#IkSONG Endgame. 

Oh i m so ready to be on this journey. 

Also same GomGom. Slow burn. initial rejection and the long jurney ahead towards acceptance and love.

What a nasty coincidence these 2 ships are my most favourite among all and these 2 are gonna slow burn. :crazymad:.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20210618000561
‘Hospital Playlist 2’ records highest first episode viewership rating in tvN history

By Kim Hae-yeon | Jun 18, 2021

6AC52048-19F0-4BB4-8993-2D0B80CC887D.jpg
“Hospital Playlist” (tvN)

The second season of hit medical drama series “Hospital Playlist” got off to an auspicious start Thursday, recording the highest first-episode viewership rating in tvN history. 

Thursday night’s episode recorded an average viewership rating of 10 percent, according to Nielsen ratings, making it the first tvN drama series to chart double-digit ratings on day one, as it reached as high as 12.4 percent at its peak.

The TV drama written by Lee Woo-jung and directed by Shin Won-ho centers on the five doctors from the previous season, depicting their daily lives and hectic hospital routines as well as their friendship.

The bond among the five main characters, Lee Ik-joon (Cho Jung-seok), Ahn Jeong-won (Yoo Yeon-seok), Kim Jun-wan (Jung Kyoung-ho), Yang Seok-hyeong (Kim Dae-myung) and Chae Song-hwa (Jeon Mi-do), seemed to have become stronger in the second season‘s first episode, and stories of patients and their families at the crossroads of life and death touched the hearts of viewers.

Thursday’s episode also explored romantic relationships among the characters, hinting at a season with love in the air -- as well, perhaps, as heartaches. The 12-episode first season aired from March through the end of May last year, a recording peak viewership rating of 14 percent.

A notable feature of the drama is the conclusion of each episode comes with a performance of an all-time favorite Korean pop tune by the five doctors, who have formed a band.

Thursday‘s episode ended with the band performing “Rain and You,” a song originally released in 2006 as part of the soundtrack for the hit film “Radio Star.”

“Hospital Playlist” airs Thursday nights on tvN at 9 p.m, and can be viewed on Netflix from 11 p.m. on the same day.

By Kim Hae-yeon (hykim@heraldcorp.com)

——

https://www.soompi.com/article/1475261wpp/update-hospital-playlist-2-sets-record-for-highest-premiere-ratings-in-tvn-history
tvN’s top 10 premieres are now as follows (average nationwide ratings according to Nielsen Korea):

1.  “Hospital Playlist 2” (2021) – 10.0 percent
2.  “Mr. Sunshine” (2018) – 8.9 percent
3.  “Encounter” (2018) – 8.7 percent
4.  “Mr. Queen” (2020) – 8.0 percent
5.  “Vincenzo” (2021) – 7.7 percent
6.  “Forest of Secrets 2” (2020) – 7.6 percent
7.  “Memories of the Alhambra” (2018) – 7.5 percent
8.  “Hotel Del Luna” (2019) – 7.3 percent
9.  “Goblin” (2016) – 6.9 percent
10. “Arthdal Chronicles” (2019) – 6.7 percent

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

So WG's date is on Jan 6th 2020, about two weeks after their first kiss. I don't think it's their first time though, because they're way too comfortable with each other for it to be their first one..

Spoiler

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 7
  • Blob 1

The patient stories continue to be so powerful. My heart went out to the woman who is 19 weeks pregnant, but at risk of losing her baby. I felt my heart clench when she said she could feel her baby moving inside her so she felt no shame in asking Seok Hyeong for a second opinion. However, I do not think there’s anything shameful in doing everything you can to save your baby. It turns out there is a slim chance of survival, but it is not a zero. It is not time to give up yet.

I also felt for Yeon-u’s mother who kept visiting Yulje because her pre-mature child had basically grown-up there for the 3 years of her life. On a personal level, I have spent time at a hospital with a loved one before, but it does not cross my mind to go back there nor drive by without a reason. When the mother explained that she visits Yulje because there, she is known as Yeon-u’s mother and wants to preserve the memory of her child, I understood her point of view. People grieve differently. I thought it was gracious of Gyeo-Ul to support the mother in doing so. With time, I hope she will heal and remember her child without needing to visit Yulje.

About the romance…

In season 1, we saw a prickly Jun Wan turn into a giddy little kid dating Ik Sun. Now it’s Jeong Won’s turn in season 2. It is nice seeing him free of headaches and smiling ear-to-ear. Gyeo-Ul looked especially pretty on their date...and that back-hug! (Side note: Funny that the two guys with girlfriends are living together. LOL.)

Sigh, not gonna lie, it hurt a little when Song Hwa advised Ik Jun not to confess to his “friend”, but slow-burn it is! Judging by how awkward she was in her delivery, she was being logical, but I doubt she’s speaking from her heart. Looking forward to see how they play out. Seok Hyeong and Min Ha too. Nevertheless, I like seeing Min Ha continue to learn beside Seok Hyeong.

By the way, does it seem like Ik Jun has a sixth sense or something about his friends’ love lives? While they were waiting for Song Hwa to pick them up in her new car in front of Yulje, he asked Seok Hyeong if he needed him to clarify to people (I assume Min Ha) that Sin Hye is his ex-wife and Jeong Won if he’s dating Gyeo-Ul. With Jun Wan, it seemed more likely that Ik Jun knows he’s dating Ik Sun. LOL. For himself, I’m betting that his sense about Song Hwa is right.

Last, I loved the band’s song choice in this episode. So beautiful. Ik Jun’s voice is gold!

• Like 8
  • Love 5
  • Blob 1