[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

1 hour ago, LovelyLady said:

To my mom, Kim Haesuk sunbaenim, our Gyeoulie Hyunbinie, and to Yulje Hospital's Kim Gapsu sunbaenim, I was happy and I
enjoyed filming this together. I am looking
forward to meeting you again on season 2.

see this????? he's not going to italy and be a priest i hope.....

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 1

https://www.soompi.com/article/1403120wpp/hospital-playlist-cast-comments-on-seasons-end-expresses-excitement-for-next-season

“Hospital Playlist” Cast Comments On Season’s End + Expresses Excitement For Next Season

May 27, 2020
by S. Nam

6A529093-FD32-4693-8F7F-3AE51EBC78AE.png

tvN’s latest hit drama “Hospital Playlist” is nearing its conclusion!

With just one episode remaining, the cast of “Hospital Playlist” revealed their thoughts on the drama’s end with hand-written messages and shared their excitement for the upcoming second season.

Jo Jung Suk, who played Yuljae Hospital’s most popular doctor Ik Joon, shared, “I had an extremely happy time, and it was a continuation of enjoyable moments to be able to act as the refreshingly bright and popular character Ik Joon by meeting great staff members, actors, and the greatest production team through a project that was like a blessing.” He added, “Furthermore, thank you to all the viewers who were with us every Thursday night. Please don’t forget ‘Hospital Playlist’ season two, and please ‘Pick Me’ again.”

Yoo Yeon Seok played Jung Won, the warmhearted doctor who took good care of his friends. He shared, “Thank you sincerely for the great love and support. I was really happy during these seven months.” The actor also displayed his affection for his peers, “Our Mi Do and Parasol members — we were really perfect partners. Let’s meet frequently for band practice. Although it’s sad that season one is ending, I’m excited and looking forward to meeting again soon through season two.”

A61554AA-3C5A-4536-81F7-99F8D4E6442E.jpg

Jung Kyung Ho, who acted as the prickly but sweet gentleman Joon Wan, shared, “We wrapped up season one with thankful mindsets. It is a reassuring project since it’s not the end yet. To the valuable Mi Do and Parasol, I feel as if we completed an entire drama while just laughing. It’s a relief that we were at least able to meet each other now. Thank you to all the viewers who gave us love, and we will greet viewers with an even more abundant second season.”

Kim Dae Myung touched viewers with his portrayal of Suk Hyung, the outsider who became brighter as he began to interact with more people. He shared, “Thank you to scriptwriter Lee Woo Jung who allowed me to meet Yang Suk Hyung through a great project, and thank you to director Shin Won Ho who made every moment into life’s happiest times in front of the camera. To the considerate staff members, friends who I was happy to be together with, and viewers who listened to our stories, thank you for sharing your hearts with us.” Kim Dae Myung added, “Let’s meet soon,” raising anticipation for the second season.

F74CF642-BF86-47B2-9BB3-81D0E3870756.jpg

Jeon Mi Do, who played Song Hwa, the anchor of the friend group, shared, “I can’t believe it’s already the last episode. Thank you for giving us so much love. Although it’s sad, we still have season two!”

Spoiler

D5D24E8B-593C-4F4E-A0A5-2FE43AE95933.jpg

The last episode of “Hospital Playlist” will be extended to 113 minutes and air five minutes earlier than usual at 8:55 p.m. KST on May 28.

Source (1)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Character analysis of Chihong

Managed to rush this out before the finale ep! Hmmm what I wanna say might ruffle some feathers or burst a few bubbles. Some of us may have deferring opinions, and I’m be happy to hear them too.

The most common thing I’ve heard people say about Chihong is this: I feel bad for him because he’s a nice guy. Yes, Chihong does seem like a nice person; he’s always smiling, he acts like a gentleman and his gaze looks kind.

But nice people can end up hurting others too. There’s a Korean saying, “웃는낯에침못뱉는다,” which means you can’t spit on a smiling face. And I think that’s the reason why Songhwa couldn’t reject his dinner or banmal requests, no matter how uncomfortable she feels being around him.

> He wouldn’t take “no” for an answer.

Songhwa clearly rejected him in ep 5, and he promised he would behave and not make her feel uncomfortable. But he kept overstepping boundaries.

49943632533_2ac79e1c9f_o.jpg

In a hospital – or any organisation – there are unspoken rules on how colleagues should behave, especially between superiors and subordinates. Chihong didn’t respect Songhwa as his professor and superior. Instead, he treated her as a woman, his actions were clearly inappropriate.

49943632568_c3f2c79ec3_o.jpg

He failed to practise safe distancing. And I think Songhwa removed her neck brace because she felt suffocated by the proximity between them.

Spoiler

49943632643_f97bd00ece_o.jpg

Some might say, but Ikjun stood next to Songhwa too. Why should he be different? Yes, Ikjun was acting out of jealousy. But the level of comfort and skinship between Ikjun and Songhwa came naturally with 20 years of friendship. He didn’t do anything out of the ordinary. She was still smiling when he tapped her shoulder. This is not something Chihong should or could try to achieve overnight.

Spoiler

49943632633_63c488a10d_o.jpg

She also has the same level of comfort with the rest of OT5.

When Ikjun asked, “You were that curious about it?” I think he was directing the question at Chihong. He’s probably thinking: “No comment” was practically a “yes”, must I spell it out for you? The mood became awkward, not because Ikjun confessed, since he indirectly did so already and Songhwa was still seen smiling afterwards.

Songhwa’s face hardened because she knew the meaning behind Chihong’s question: he is not gonna give up on her. This realisation made it too uncomfortable for her to be working together with him in the same department every day.

>> Why NS?

Chihong said he chose NS because he saw on TV that the surgeries are performed while seated. That can’t be true, because when he was an intern, he must have known how physically taxing NS surgeries can be.

49944434062_647b1a55d3_o.jpg

He joined NS because of Songhwa. His illness dashed his hopes of becoming a general, and he lost the goal he had been working hard towards. So, Songhwa became his goal. He joined NS to get closer to her, and he worked hard to be praised by her.

This was telling because he hid his medical condition from everyone. If people knew about his condition, they would’ve questioned his choice for NS. But by doing so, he was putting patients at risk. What if something went wrong when he was performing a solo surgery?

I sincerely hope that Chihong would find a purpose in his life, one that is independent of Songhwa. He should definitely find another position which wouldn’t put a strain on his body. Maybe a lab researcher, like what Minha had been doing before joining OBGYN.

• Like 7
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 11

46 minutes ago, __jesse said:

Character analysis of Chihong

Managed to rush this out before the finale ep! Hmmm what I wanna say might ruffle some feathers or burst a few bubbles. Some of us may have deferring opinions, and I’m be happy to hear them too.

The most common thing I’ve heard people say about Chihong is this: I feel bad for him because he’s a nice guy. Yes, Chihong does seem like a nice person; he’s always smiling, he acts like a gentleman and his gaze looks kind.

But nice people can end up hurting others too. There’s a Korean saying, “웃는낯에침못뱉는다,” which means you can’t spit on a smiling face. And I think that’s the reason why Songhwa couldn’t reject his dinner or banmal requests, no matter how uncomfortable she feels being around him.

Songhwa clearly rejected him in ep 5, and he promised he would behave and not make her feel uncomfortable. But he kept overstepping boundaries.

In a hospital – or any organisation – there are unspoken rules on how colleagues should behave, especially between superiors and subordinates. Chihong didn’t respect Songhwa as his professor and superior. Instead, he treated her as a woman, his actions were clearly inappropriate.

He failed to practise safe distancing. And I think Songhwa removed her neck brace because she felt suffocated by the proximity between them.

Reveal hidden contents

Some might say, but Ikjun stood next to Songhwa too. Why should he be different? Yes, Ikjun was acting out of jealousy. But the level of comfort and skinship between Ikjun and Songhwa came naturally with 20 years of friendship. He didn’t do anything out of the ordinary. She was still smiling when he tapped her shoulder. This is not something Chihong should or could try to achieve overnight.

Reveal hidden contents

When Ikjun asked, “You were that curious about it?” I think he was directing the question at Chihong. He’s probably thinking: “No comment” was practically a “yes”, must I spell it out for you? The mood became awkward, not because Ikjun confessed, since he indirectly did so already and Songhwa was still seen smiling afterwards.

Songhwa’s face hardened because she knew the meaning behind Chihong’s question: he is not gonna give up on her. This realisation made it too uncomfortable for her to be working together with him in the same department every day.

>> Why NS?

Chihong said he chose NS because he saw on TV that the surgeries are performed while seated. That can’t be true, because when he was an intern, he must have known how physically taxing NS surgeries can be.

He joined NS because of Songhwa. His illness dashed his hopes of becoming a general, and he lost the goal he had been working hard towards. So, Songhwa became his goal. He joined NS to get closer to her, and he worked hard to be praised by her.

This was telling because he hid his medical condition from everyone. If people knew about his condition, they would’ve questioned his choice for NS. But by doing so, he was putting patients at risk. What if something went wrong when he was performing a solo surgery?

I sincerely hope that Chihong would find a purpose in his life, one that is independent of Songhwa. He should definitely find another position which wouldn’t put a strain on his body. Maybe a lab researcher, like what Minha had been doing before joining OBGYN.

Love the analysis. I think this is spot on. Also, I want to add, I think one of the reason Songhwa is going to Seokcho is because of Chihong, bc she felt responsible for him. You know, among the lacking 5, Songhwa is truly the most "Professor" like, the show mentioned it too in the early ep, how she is both a surgeon and a professor, she is really a teacher to her residents, teaches and lead them carefully and care for their well being the most. But now she knows Chihong is kind of sidetrack bc of her and she feels it's her fault that's why she decided going to Seokcho. I don't think it's because she wants to avoid Ikjun at all, bc she is still ok going to their band practice every week. I do think Songhwa likes Ikjun but the thing is I don't think they can be together in Seoul/Yulje with Chihong around. I think she doesn't want to hurt him anymore. 

I hope Ikjun get the hint and go to Seokcho.

Just my opinion though.  I hope i don't get clowned tonight :)))

• Like 6
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, __jesse said:

But the level of comfort and skinship between Ikjun and Songhwa came naturally with 20 years of friendship. He didn’t do anything out of the ordinary. She was still smiling when he tapped her shoulder. This is not something Chihong should or could try to achieve overnight.

Cannot agree more. Chihong acted very menupulative and selfish in theses two particular scenes.

Being unfair to SongHwa he was also cruel towards Ik Jun.  He should be man enough to ask Ik Jun directly in a private conversation about his feelings for SongHwa just like he clearly made a point to Ik Jun in his office that he likes SongHwa more than a mentor or senior.

Not when Ik Jun got drunk and was in a relatively weak state of mind.

And acted so childish tapping SongHwa just like Ik Jun because ikjun did that now he has to do the same, he has to mimic the Ik jun. Something Ik Jun achieved in 20 years , this childish person in jeolusy of love want to achieve in some very little time considering the fact that he is in 4th year at YUlji but he never expressed his feeling in those 4 years , it is only now when she broke up with her boyfriend & he felt threatened by Ik Jun being divorced , able to pursue SongHwa now romantically.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, kokodus said:

After that IJ cancelled their supposed date and must've suddenly acted cold to her, SHwa must have felt pretty hurt and confused. Only this explains why she was kinda mad in the taxi. Because after your 20 years long friend confessed to you like that, you don't get mad, you must feel shock or pity that you don't reciprocate his feelings and you must find ways to still maintain the friendship without making it awkward. She can't be like "ok IJ confessed to me in front of my colleagues, this is embarrasing, let me cut him off from my life" That makes no sense. She might be partly mad that it happened in front of her staff, but it still doesn't make sense to not even have a talk with him and smooth things over the next day. She is just running away to sokcho.

Yep I totally get what you mean. The youtube video below explains how SHwa’s conflicting emotions might’ve been similar to how SH felt about his father’s situation. And so she just chose to follow her own advice and not do anything.

SH: I don't know how I'm feeling.

SHwa: What do you mean?

SH: I don't know if I'm sad or relieved. I don't know how I'm supposed to feel. They're my feelings but I can't put a finger on it. And I don't know what kind of face I should put on.

SHwa: Then just don't do anything.

• Like 7

Hide contents

49943632633_63c488a10d_o.jpg

I think in ep 11, the shoulder pat is just a friendly pat but it could also be a show off.

Anyway in this part where they are heading to band practice, SHwa also pat IJ, so it is really nothing.

• Like 6

Jae Hak and Min Ha came out to talk show. I hope this will open up more opportunities for them (and all other supporting cast of HP), both in acting and variety show as well, because they're so fun to watch, especially Ahn Eun Jin. 

She's so cute. She kept talking about random stuff, probably out of excitement and nervousness, that threw the mcs guards off. It's funny and endearing, even the crew's laugh could be heard.

The mcs mentioned her famous college friends and ask who her close friends are, aiming the answer to be one of the famous stars mentioned before, but she innocently answered her real life close friends. And this led to Moon Sung answering it the same way as EJ insteaf of mentioning celebrity friends.

• Like 6
  • LOL 3

5 hours ago, Andrew - said:

its D-Day!

I hope we have a satisfying season finale for everyone and their ships. :blush:

I'm afraid, it won't be the case. There will be a group or two that would be disappointed, although still with plenty of hope for the next two seasons. 

• Like 1

D-Day. I hope the last ep got the highest rating! What I expect in this ep, I cannot wait to know in SS.2 

- SH's first love : Who won her heart. Jwon or Jwan are my bet. IJ is too obvious. 

- JW's headache solve : Could it be another trick like Jungpal? (nosebleed) Nothing serious pls, writer  

- Uju's cuteness scenes 

• Like 2

Hospital Playlist: Episode 11

by lovepark

hospitalplaylist11-00147.jpg

After decades of working and being friends, things might be changing for our group. While some deal with family drama, others have romantic issues to face, but despite the problems that loom in the horizon, there’s always time for a good meal, a karaoke session, and a little nighttime band practice.

EPISODE 11 RECAP

hospitalplaylist11-00005.jpghospitalplaylist11-00019.jpg

Nurse Song brings her daughter So-mi to Song-hwa, who shows them the MRI scans. It looks like a pituitary tumor, but luckily, it’s treatable. Nurse Song remains calm despite the news, and comforts her scared daughter. However, when Song-hwa asks why they didn’t come sooner, Nurse Song finally tears up and apologizes for not knowing about her daughter’s condition sooner.

During the meeting, Song-ha receives a call from Ik-joon and learns about Chairman Yang—he might not make it. Later that night, she brings Seok-hyung a jacket and sit with him in the hall. He tells her about his muddled feelings, unsure of what to do, but she assures him that it’s okay to just stay still. As the rest of the friends join them, they tell Seok-hyung to go home, but even Song-hwa’s words can’t convince him to rest. Though he isn’t superstitious, Seok-hyung has a bad feeling and wants to stay.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/05/hospital-playlist-episode-11/

Yeah... I want to know what happened in Hawaii. :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

Today is D-Day! 

I hope that we get a satisfying ending tonight, despite it being an open ending. Waiting for a year will definitely be hard, so I hope they end this season with our contentment. Granted, there may be a few cliffhangers, but I believe that our writer-director duo can end it in a way that the whole episode leaves you in a happy mood despite those cliffhangers. 

슬기로운 의사생활, 너무 좋아합니다! 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

D-Day!!

2 hours ago, Glide said:

D-Day. I hope the last ep got the highest rating! 

5 minutes ago, rafeusjanela said:

Today is D-Day! 

I hope that we get a satisfying ending tonight, despite it being an open ending. Waiting for a year will definitely be hard, so I hope they end this season with our contentment. Granted, there may be a few cliffhangers, but I believe that our writer-director duo can end it in a way that the whole episode leaves you in a happy mood despite those cliffhangers. 

슬기로운 의사생활, 너무 좋아합니다! 

Say Amen!!

EYCfew5UcAYStgn.jpg

• Like 4

Live recaps

I missed the first minute, but it shows JWon running in parking lot.

Next scene, GW sitting by herself after talking to Rosa. IJ came and asked her about what's bothering him. He knows it's about JWon. GW hesitated to tell him. IJ asked her when did she start to like JWon. We don't hear an answer.

Next scene, ACH asked about SHwa going to Sokjo. He wanted to follow. SHwa is against it. Stating all the disadvantages for him to go there and that it's important year for him to stay in Yulje. He said he will make decision for his own life. Then told SHwa about a patient is ready and took his leave.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

SHwa is against it. Stating all the disadvantages for him to go there and that it's important year for him to stay in Yulje. He said he will decide his own life.

Haha I hate this character more and more. Yes he can decide his own life but pls respect other's life :angry:

• Like 1