[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

Watch: Yoo Yeon Seok, Jung Kyung Ho, Jo Jung Suk, And Jeon Mi Do Help Each Other Through Dark Times In “Hospital Playlist” Teaser

Mar 8, 2020
by S. Park
653db17e3661472bbb737ac088ad6ba3.jpeg?s=

tvN’s “Hospital Playlist” has released a new preview!

The upcoming drama will tell the ordinary stories of ordinary doctors who became friends in medical school.

The newly released clip begins with glimpses of Jung Kyung Ho, Yoo Yeon Seok, Jeon Mi Do, Kim Dae Myung, and Jo Jung Suk facing difficult moments.

Jung Kyung Ho says in a voice-over, “I think I’m living life in the wrong way,” and Jo Jung Suk tells a group of people, “I don’t know if this will bring you relief, but…” The preview then takes an uplifting turn, with the caption reading, “A bit of comfort for you, who did a good job enduring all this time.”

The preview goes on to show the doctors pulling each other out of dark times with encouraging words. Jeon Mi Do expresses her faith, while Jung Kyung Ho talks about how much someone has endured. Yoo Yeon Seok acknowledges how difficult someone’s journey has been all this time, while Kim Dae Myung conveys confidence in someone else. Jung Kyung Ho praises a colleague, and Jeon Mi Do says with a smile, “It’s okay.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1387228wpp/watch-yoo-yeon-seok-jung-kyung-ho-jeon-mi-do-and-jo-jung-suk-help-each-other-through-dark-times-in-hospital-playlist-teaser

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, larus said:

The preview goes on to show the doctors pulling each other out of dark times with encouraging words. Jeon Mi Do expresses her faith, while Jung Kyung Ho talks about how much someone has endured. Yoo Yeon Seok acknowledges how difficult someone’s journey has been all this time, while Kim Dae Myung conveys confidence in someone else. Jung Kyung Ho praises a colleague, and Jeon Mi Do says with a smile, “It’s okay.”

Ahh...much needed in dire times.  That’s what real friends are for.  

괜찮아 
gwaenchanh-a
  • Like 4

Another teaser subbed by Netflix ..

The main trailer subbed earlier which was posted before

Spoiler

Some cute BTS....the chemistry among them is pretty good

Very cute JJS and JKH :D 

Spoiler

March 9 2020

Trailer #3 for tvN drama series “Hospital Playlist”

Hospital_Playlist-lsp1.jpg

New trailer #3 added for tvN drama series “Hospital Playlist” starring Cho Jung-Seok, Kim Dae-Myung, Jung Kyoung-Ho, Yoo Yeon-Seok and Jeon Mi-Do. Caption in the trailer at the 3 second mark states in Korean “Small consolation offer to you, who held out well until now.” Below are photos from the filming set of the drama series.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: “Wise Doctor Life” depicts the stories of doctors, nurses and patients at a hospital. 5 doctors all entered the same medical university in 1999. They are now friends and work together in the same hospital.

“Hospital Playlist” first airs March 12, 2020 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/trailer-3-for-tvn-drama-series-hospital-playlist

• Like 4

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20200310000896

Star producer of ‘Reply’ series returns with ‘Hospital Playlist’

By Choi Ji-won | March 10, 2020

Cast members of “Hospital Playlist” -- Yoo Yeon-seok (from left), Kim Dae-myung, Jeun Mi-do, Cho Jung-seok and Jung Kyung-ho -- pose during a press conference held on Tuesday. (tvN)

Cast members of “Hospital Playlist” -- Yoo Yeon-seok (from left), Kim Dae-myung, Jeun Mi-do, Cho Jung-seok and Jung Kyung-ho -- pose during a press conference held on Tuesday. (tvN)

Maverick producer Shin Won-ho is returning with tvN drama “Hospital Playlist,” set to air Thursdays starting this week.

While most popular South Korean television dramas are aired twice weekly, Shin, the creator of the smash-hit “Reply” series, says it is time for Korean dramas to attempt new formats.

“The drama industry is becoming increasingly competitive, and I’m not sure if all shows would be able to continue like this. We wanted to set a new model,” Shin said during a press conference live-streamed Tuesday.

Writer Lee Woo-jung, who has partnered with Shin on all his previous works for tvN, including the most recent “Prison Playbook,” has once again teamed up with the producer.

Like Shin and Lee’s past shows, “Hospital Playlist” is a witty human drama revolving around a group of close friends, but this time, taking place in a special setting. The drama tells the story of five doctors working in different departments in a hospital. 

“Hospital Playlist” (tvN)
“Hospital Playlist” (tvN)

Producer Shin Won-ho of “Hospital Playlist” speaks during a press conference held on Tuesday. (tvN)

Producer Shin Won-ho of “Hospital Playlist” speaks during a press conference held on Tuesday. (tvN)

Shin reunited with two actors from his past dramas, Jung Kyung-ho -- who took up the lead role in “Prison Playbook” -- and Yoo Yeon-seok -- who starred in “Reply 1994” in 2013.

Jung plays Jun-wan, the competent but cynical cardiothoracic surgeon, while Yoo takes up the role of Jeong-won, a pediatrician who is kind only to his young patients. 

Cho Jung-seok plays Ik-jun, a hepato-biliary-pancreatic surgeon who, according to Cho, is a optimistic but unpredictable character.

Actor Kim Dae-myung, who rose to fame through the 2014 tvN drama “Misaeng,” plays Seok-hyung in the upcoming series, while musical actress Jeun Mi-do makes her small screen debut as the only female among the five friends.

Quoting writer Lee, Shin said the upcoming series may be a Korean version of the US hit sitcom “Friends.” He further hinted that the medical drama may be the first season of a series. 

The 12-episode series will air at 9 p.m. on Thursdays. 

By Choi Ji-won (jwc@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

More stuff from press con
This is the official IG account set up by tvN for the show 

Photo call

A lot of promos going out for the drama 

Spoiler

This is Reply Series director so I will not allow my heart to be broken for all the twist! Hahahah I’ll just enjoy my three beloved actors Yoo Yeon Seok, Jo Jung Seok and Jung Kyung Ho acting to its finest! They always gives best performances. To the other two lead cast — I will also believe! Wee see you tomorrow :) 

• Like 4

PD Shin Won Ho + Actors of “Hospital Playlist” Talk About Casting, Why The Drama Will Only Air Once A Week, And More

Mar 10, 2020
by S. Cho
6091131d13964db1bb6c4bd69272504f.jpeg?s=

Producing director (PD) Shin Won Ho of “Prison Playbook” and the “Reply” series is returning soon with “Hospital Playlist,” starring Jo Jung Suk, Yoo Yeon Seok, Jung Kyung Ho, Kim Dae Myung, and Jeon Mi Do.

The drama tells the story of doctors who become friends in medical school and lead seemingly normal yet slightly special lives. On March 10, the above cast and crew of “Hospital Playlist” did a live broadcast of their press conference due to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).

Jo Jung Suk plays Ik Joon, who perfectly embodies the “work hard, play hard” philosophy. Yoo Yeon Seok plays paediatric surgeon Jung Won, who is an angel to his patients but extremely sensitive with his colleagues. Jung Kyung Ho portrays the perfectionist thoracic surgeon Joon Wan, who is excellent at self-care.

Shin Won Ho explained why “Hospital Playlist” is planned to have multiple seasons. He said, “I wanted to create a drama that didn’t initially have a decided ending or an ending at all. However, the viewers have to give us love for there to be another season. Holding meetings and discussions while leaving the finale open-ended allowed for a lot of new ideas and directions.”

The drama will also only air one episode weekly. Shin Won Ho explained, “To put it simply, we planned it like that so we could survive. The concept of two episodes weekly was effective in the past, but after discussing the competitiveness, skyrocketing production fees, and the changing working environments of dramas, I wondered whether it would be possible. That’s why I considered doing one episode weekly. This is why this drama has to do well, so it can become a new model for the broadcasting industry.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1387568wpp/pd-shin-won-ho-actors-of-hospital-playlist-talk-about-casting-why-the-drama-will-only-air-once-a-week-and-more

• Like 2

3 hours ago, nrllee said:

I like their coordinated outfits.  Pastels are the new black. :lol:  Not long to wait now. Hooray, it’s showing up on Netflix for me as screening this Friday (day after) :)

Yes, plus I didn’t know brown can be beautiful except with Yoo Yeon Seok “brother” :) but dang YYS slayed it too! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

On 3/8/2020 at 8:33 AM, alleram95 said:

They have similar initial if we want to shorten their name. Unless I know about their last name, I have to this to differentiate them. Any idea how to differentiate their initial?

Think what you are doing is good.  Otherwise,  JWan, JWon.... :D

From previews, totally love JJS character!  He seems fun, anyone would find it easy to connect to, esp patients.  The best doctors often are not the smartest but those with good bedside manners and able to relate to patients.  It helps when you have high EQ.  You get your points across better, patients bond with you quicker, they would listen and act on your advice.  One can never underestimate importance of humor and people skills in any profession.  I want to hang around him!

Didn’t YYS finish a musical last year?  I know some of these guys can sing.  Can I request a soundtrack from the cast?  After all, we are looking at playlist.  Maybe a song to a theme each episode? :D

• Like 5
  • Love 3

56 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

I know some of these guys can sing.  

They all can. Not sure about Kim DaeMyung though?  The other 4 can definitely sing. All bar one has been in musical theater. Should be sweet. I think JJS can play the guitar. 

• Like 7

Premiere Watch:

by stroopwafel

Hospital Playlist

premwatch_memorist3.jpeg

Time slot: Thursday
Broadcaster: tvN
Genre: Medical, human
Episode count: 12 episodes

Reasons to watch: Hospital Playlist (previously known as Smart Doctor Living) features a star creative team, the writer and director duo behind the Answer Me series, and a strong ensemble cast. Jo Jung-seok, Jung Kyung-ho, Yoo Yeon-seok, Jeon Mi-do, and Kim Dae-myung play a group of doctors who first became friends during medical school. Now on the cusp of turning 40, they all happen to end up working at the same hospital together. Though they’re at different places in their lives now compared to when they were students, their friendship and devotion to their calling haven’t wavered. They’re just five ordinary people who happen to do extraordinary work in their daily lives. Writer Lee Woo-jung and PD Shin Won-ho do such an incredible job making the ordinary riveting, so I can’t wait to see what’s in store for us.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/03/premiere-watch-memorist-hospital-playlist-kingdom-2/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, bedifferent said:

[...]Didn’t YYS finish a musical last year?  I know some of these guys can sing.  [...]

Sorry for cutting your post, mianhaeyo. :smile:

I went to YYS musical last Jan. I am really impressed by his vocal. I think it gets better from his stage performance during JYP Party People. 

Waah, can't wait for tomorrow episode! Let's rejoice on Friday morning! :D

• Like 5
  • Love 1

This interview is subbed & they are so cute . I am looking forward to their chemistry! 

subbed too ! Asking you to watch tomorrow 

Third trailer with subs ! 

JTBC PLUS | 2020. 03. 12. 2:46 AM

Yoo Yeon Seok calls viewers to watch "Hospital Playlist" ahead of episode 1 broadcast

E4F34747-30F5-4566-AD87-9D201663D2F8.jpg

Actor Yoo Yeon Seok urged the audience to watch the drama "Hospital Playlist".

On March 12, the management company King Kong by Starship announced photos of Yoo Yeon Seok - the actor who played character Jung Won in the special Thursday drama "Hospital Playlist" (tvN). These are photos of the actor calling for audience attention before the first episode airs.

In the photos, Yoo Yeon Seok attracted all eyes with his warm visual and vibrant smile in a dashing black coat. He is holding the script of "Hospital Playlist" while striking the "fighting" pose for his drama. Particularly, Yoo Yeon Seok also shows an intimate friendship with his co-star Jung Kyung Ho when standing by and holding his shoulder. This has heightened viewers' attention to the "chemistry between the true friends" in the drama

"Hospital Playlist" is a TV series revolving around 20-year-old soul mates who can understand each other through looking at the others' eyes and the people who are going through normal but special days in a hospital, the miniature version of life, where the birth and death of many lives are witnessed. The drama is arousing many expectations from the audience because this is the next collaboration work of screenwriter Lee Woo Jung and director Shin Won Ho after the series "Reply" (tvN) and "Prison Playbook" (tvN).

In the drama, Yoo Yeon Seok plays Jung Won - a pediatrician who acts affectionately like an angel with patients but becomes sensitive with fellow friends. The actor promises to bring opposite charms when flexibly changing the emotional state back and forth between tenderness and sensitivity. With experience in the doctor role in previous works such as "General Hospital 2 (MBC)", "Life Is Beautiful" (SBS), "Dr. Romantic" (SBS), Yoo Yeon Seok is raising the public attention to his image in the drama "Hospital Playlist" this time.

"Hospital Playlist" will broadcast the first episode at 9 pm (KST) today (March 12).

Reporter Hong Shin Ik /hong.shinik@joongang.co.kr
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

• Like 3
  • Love 2