[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

Agree with @peace and @shawolynn that there’s more to the cake story. The emphasis on the restaurants name and bear and cake - either the cake was from Professor bear himself or the Chefs role will be a special appearance considering she called the chef stingy :joy:

Also the ring for Budulgi couple - Although it was unfortunate that it got returned I do see it as a sign of future hurdles in their relationship :heartbreak:

for IkSong couple I interpreted that the tunnel with the rainbow lights signalled the various levels/phases they need to pass to move from friends to a couple. The lights almost reminded me of progressing level of a game and i think  it has been mentioned that IkJun loves gaming. 

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

Ok,Ok,OK

So what were our predictions or theories during the 1st season that came true......

There is nothing serious about getting the parcel back. As we expected it was just a problem of not delivering correctly .

Songhwa initially rejected IkJun and friendzoned him.( because it is a slow burn) just as we expected after the 12 th episode last season.

Seokhyoung's ex wife is back with an intention of starting a new , fresh realtionship.

Posters who were active during the last year would definitely remember it.

Apart from that i have noticed some parallels between 2 couples. The parallel between GomGom and WinterGarden. As some chingu already mentioned that both Minha & Geyoul asked 2 questions fro their respective professers. 1 personal & 1 professional.

when the bear was scolding, a little ,Minha for taking phone call , it just reminded me the scene when Garden scolded Winter for her bad behaviour with the patient mother.

• Like 12
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

They're back. I'm so happy because I missed everyone in this drama: lacking 5, residents, interns, nurses, gossip boy Bong, mafia game gang,...

Speaking of cases, Yeon woo's mother broke my heart. People tend to avoid hospitals, filled with sadness and disease. But for her, it is the only place where she had the joy of being a mother even in the sickness and pain.

We saw two different approaches to life for the patient with the premature rupture of the membranes. A doctor who goes by the books and follows the rules without really considering the patient's personal history and another who has taken this into account and who will do his best to help her by keeping in mind that he there is a risk and it can end badly. But like he said when there is a chance, there is hope.

Our residents, I am always happy to see Gyeoul working. That she3 not reduced only in love interest. She still works so hard and dedicated to her patients. She is conscientious as her coworkers pointed out. She is aware of her shortcomings, especially at communication level as she let Yeon woo's mother know and working on herself to improve. She is no longer alone in GS.

Minha is just as hardworking, although she doubts her abilities a lot and is less confident. Which is relatable especially when you have great teachers as a mentor.

Looking forward to her growth as a confident doctor.

There was nothing serious about the package return to Junwan, thankfully. They are always so communicative and in love. Still, I feel like they're going to have some issues in the upcoming episodes. Do you really think Ikjun doesn't know about them? Cause for me , he's pretending. Like he has all those clues.

Seok hyung / Shin Hye / Minha: The restaurant scene with Minha was so sad and heartbreaking. I wanted to give her a hug. Especially when she saw him with another woman. The chef's cake became a mystery. Will Seok Hyung have competition with this chef? Could the cake come from Seok hyung? ( theory on twitter). Shin hye is nice. Apparently, she wants to have a second chance with him. On one hand, I'm sad that they didn't have a chance as a couple with all his family's problems. But I am team Minha. I find Seok Hyung more open and comfortable with her. He teases her and starts telling her things about his life without realizing it. There is such harmony between them.

Ikjun, I want him to be happy. Songhwa's rejection hurt. Yet it is understandable. She was in love with him then saw him make his life and be happy wih another woman. Since then they have a strong friendship  that lasts. It's not easy to risk this kind of friendship, even if there is love. It will be done step by step but in the end, I think she will be ready to take the gamble. Read many theories about them.

My Wintergarden babies, I already talked about them in their thread.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

Ohhh, @LovelyLady... I never even considered the idea that the cake may have come from Seok Hyung. That's a brilliant theory! Remember he also gave her food back in Season 1... and everyone thought it was for his mom. Min Ha sure wears her heart on her sleeve. Too bad SK can't reciprocate it yet. But who knows? Maybe once he and SH have closure he can finally start moving on and consider a new relationship.

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

39 minutes ago, scribbledjunkie said:

Ohhh, @LovelyLady... I never even considered the idea that the cake may have come from Seok Hyung. That's a brilliant theory! Remember he also gave her food back in Season 1... and everyone thought it was for his mom. Min Ha sure wears her heart on her sleeve. Too bad SK can't reciprocate it yet. But who knows? Maybe once he and SH have closure he can finally start moving on and consider a new relationship.

It's not my theory. I saw it on twitter. I didn't think about it when I watched the episode but then some people thought about the tteokbokki in season 1 and wondered if the cake could be from him too.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

I dont think the cake is from Gom for the other Gom. Why? Simply because he had not much time to act on this theory. As long as he rejected  Minha offer ,his wife called and he became busy immediately . 

Secondly he gave Minha teokbakki because he wanted her to do good as a doctor, there was no personal agenda behind his action. And he is not interested in her romantically yet, so why would he send her a cake to make her feel better in her personal matters or rather we should say, in their personal matter when he totally just dont want to lead her on.

I dont know , it is just my opinion which can be totally wrong. 

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

I think in  the past characters have been mentioned before they make an appearance like Songhwa mentioned IkJun in the first episode to Seok Hyung before we saw IkJun. Ik Sun was mentioned due to her scar before we saw her. So the chef being referred to as stingy makes me think there may be a special appearance. (Honestly the cake was decently big so why stingy? Did I miss something) But On the flip side Seok Hyung may just have known someone at the restaurant (since it’s close to the hospital) and made a call and ordered the cake for Min Ha. But I’m leaning more to toward the special appearance/competitive love interest theory right now. And you need someone to wake the bear out of his hibernation sometimes ;) 

Also I noticed this long time ago but after Songhwa’s rejection I’m wondering again why haven’t we seen an interaction between her and Uju? Whenever she and Uju have a scene together he was sleeping. Songhwa did say she missed Uju and that means she’s fond of him and most likely gets along well with him. Is there no clear interaction cause that will sway the audiences’ reaction in the favour of couple Iksong versus best friends IkSong. And they don’t want to be pressured to show them as a couple due to viewers demand or it would be a give way of Songhwas emotions and essentially right now the focus is on her guarded personality? Or is it that they want to avoid how he will address her? Now versus if they were to date? What do you address your fathers friend as in Korea? Cause you address your mothers friend as emo right? Like the same as your moms sister?

sorry for the many questions. It’s my shipper heart that’s doing anxious summersaults till the next episode :joy:

also winter garden couple I see a lot of posts that say he’s more into her than she is. But I feel that Jeong Won is so happy cause the burden of deciding the course of his life is off his shoulders and he’s relieved and that’s why he’s able to express himself. Also her falling in love at first sight with Jeong Won (as per the conversation with  IkJun) and being irrevocably in love despite his cold behaviour and lack of appreciation in season 1 kind of gets balanced out seeing his reaction and behaviour in season 2. So I think the scales are kind of balanced now :) 

• Like 6
  • Love 3

10 hours ago, Raynaa said:

also winter garden couple I see a lot of posts that say he’s more into her than she is. But I feel that Jeong Won is so happy cause the burden of deciding the course of his life is off his shoulders and he’s relieved and that’s why he’s able to express himself. Also her falling in love at first sight with Jeong Won (as per the conversation with  IkJun) and being irrevocably in love despite his cold behaviour and lack of appreciation in season 1 kind of gets balanced out seeing his reaction and behaviour in season 2. So I think the scales are kind of balanced now :) 

I think it's ridiculous and frankly childish to compare who loves the other more. How do you measure love anyway? Is there a special weighing scale for that? :lol:

They're in love with each other, and that's enough.

Gyeoul blow-dried her hair, wore contact lenses and dolled up for the date. Contrast that to her wet hair look just that morning. And the fact that she uses a binder clip as a hair clip, and wears the same clothes all year round. 

Seeing how Jeongwon is giddy with happiness and totally whipped for Gyeoul, shows just how hard he tried to control his feelings for her last season. Boy, how did he manage to hold himself back all this while??

• Like 15
  • Awesome 1

On 6/21/2021 at 10:12 AM, scribbledjunkie said:

I haven't been frequenting forums since Season 1 so can anyone just enlighten me... why is the Seok Hyung/Min Ha 'ship called GomGom? WinterGarden, I totally get. And what's the 'ship name for Ik Jun/Song Hwa and Jun Wan/Ik Sun? Thank you!:)

ikjun Songhwa is IkSong

not very sure but I think it goes like this 

- i think GomGom means bear

- the experienced nurse called Min Ha a bear and the other resident doc wh works with Min Ha who is cunning and avoids work a fox 

- I think MinHa called Seok Hyung a bear or compared him to a bear cause he is slow and wouldn’t understand and she felt that he can’t sense the patients emotions/situation.

- she also had a bear with her in the restaurant when she was going to confess on Christmas Eve 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

11 hours ago, Raynaa said:

think in  the past characters have been mentioned before they make an appearance like Songhwa mentioned IkJun in the first episode to Seok Hyung before we saw IkJun. Ik Sun was mentioned due to her scar before we saw her. So the chef being referred to as stingy makes me think there may be a special appearance. (Honestly the cake was decently big so why stingy? Did I miss something)

I think it was stingy given her situation when she was heart broken and sad & alone , sending her cake was like sprinkling salt to her wounds.

And by your mentioning about how the person is first introduced by other person before actually making an appearance , it suddenly made me realized another parallel between IkSong. In the 1st season Ik jun was the only one who was introduced through Songhwa in darth vader helmet scene. All of other 4 friends were introduced in their own scenes. And in this season only Songhwa is introduced through Ikjun scene infront of the hospital entrance. All other 4 guys were introduced seperately in their own scenes. And two JWs were introduced jointly in the 1st season through the joint car ride and this season again jointly in their apartment.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Behind the scene

225c9cbf1eddcc25b5ef11e8f0489b9b720f924f

Behind-the-scenes stills from tvN's 'Wise Doctor Life Season 2' (directed by Shin Won-ho, written by Lee Woo-jung, planned by tvN, produced by Egg Is Coming), which is receiving an explosive response by recording the highest viewership rating for the first episode of tvN dramas in history, gives a glimpse into the friendly atmosphere of the actors has been revealed.

The revealed behind-the-scenes still attracts attention as the warm atmosphere of the actors who are happy just being together is felt. First of all, Jo Jung-seok, Yoo Yeon-seok, Jung Kyung-ho, and Kim Dae-myung, who sit together and exude a sticky chemistry even outside the camera, stand out. On the other hand, the pleasant smiles of Jeon Mi-do and Jo Jung-suk, who brighten the surroundings, catch the eye.

http://www.gpkorea.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=75230

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 1

10 hours ago, ryanallright said:

OT, now the forum could no longer embed instagram post or prohibited already?? 

IG has purposely made it not possible to be embedded anywhere, due to copyright issues. Not just in this forum. 

• Like 1

On 6/22/2021 at 8:10 PM, ktcjdrama said:

IG has purposely made it not possible to be embedded anywhere, due to copyright issues. Not just in this forum. 

OIC, because my local forum is still able to do so. That why I am asking why is it no longer able to over here

So many contents on IG to be shared

• Like 1