[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

“Hospital Playlist” Director Chooses 3 Keywords To Describe What To Expect In New Season

cfb7a155357241a69718993e52ccf2a3.jpeg?s=

Jun 8, 2021
by S. Nam

Director Shin Won Ho of “Hospital Playlist 2” picked three keywords to describe the new season!

tvN’s “Hospital Playlist” stars Jo Jung Suk, Jung Kyung Ho, Yoo Yeon SeokJeon Mi Do, and Kim Dae Myung as five doctors who first met in medical school and have been friends ever since. The new season promises the same heartwarming friendship at the heart of the drama, as well as telling the ordinary stories of ordinary doctors at an ordinary hospital.

Below are the three keywords chosen by director Shin Won Ho!

#Relatability

The first season of “Hospital Playlist” widely resonated with viewers due to the strength of the sincerity possessed by the everyday life stories. Director Shin Won Ho shared, “The thing that all people who make stories want is relatability. As long as people relate to the story with us, I’ll have achieved my goal.” He added, “Since preparing for the first season until now, the COVID-19 pandemic has been ongoing. In this time period where everyone is hiding their expressions with masks and keeping distance, I’ll be satisfied if people relate to and recall our ordinary everyday lives while watching our drama and thinking, ‘Ah, we used to live like that.'”

Jo-Jung-Suk-2.jpg

#Emotions

The cast of “Hospital Playlist” captured the hearts of viewers in the first season with their humanity and compassion. The drama received praise for portraying the touching and humorous moments in ordinary people’s lives under a warm light. The director shared, “For the new episodes in season 2, we’re working hard to not disrupt the foundational sentiment and atmosphere of ‘Hospital Playlist’ that underlies the story.” He added, “Season 2 maintains the warm emotions of ‘Hospital Playlist,’ but it’ll portray the stories and relationships with even more depth.”

Jung-Kyung-Ho.jpg

#Rhythm

With Yulje Hospital at its center, “Hospital Playlist” introduces the five friends who are professors in different departments, numerous people who protect the hospital, and the patients and their families. The drama rhythmically covers various stories surrounding the many characters while maintaining an overall balance to keep the viewers absorbed. Director Shin Won Ho shared, “For season 2, my key task was to use ‘Hospital Playlist’ season 1 as reference to prevent it straying from the base. We are making it with the desire to make the story deeper rather than newer overall, so please look forward to it.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1473513wpp/hospital-playlist-director-chooses-3-keywords-to-describe-what-to-expect-in-new-season

• Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

Season 2 of 'The Wise Doctor' is also on Netflix Worldwide release from the 17th

http://file.osen.co.kr/article/2021/06/09/202106091321771443_60c0442af14d8.jpg

Season 2 of the tvN drama 'Wise Doctor's Life' following season 1 all over the world.

Season 2 of 'The Wise Doctor's Life', which will be released for the first time on the 17th, will meet viewers around the world through Netflix. Asian regions including Korea, English-speaking regions, and Arab regions will be released every Thursday at 11 pm (Korean Standard Time) from this day, and all episodes will be released simultaneously on September 9 for other regions. It will also be released in Latin America.

https://news.mt.co.kr/mtview.php?no=2021060916098286003

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

Where “Hospital Playlist” Left Off In Season 1 And How These Stories Will Continue Into Season 2

66dae61ab23e49c28f04107bd0bc1dae.jpeg?s=

Jun 10, 2021
by S. Cho

“Hospital Playlist 2” is fast approaching and there are numerous storylines to look forward to!

tvN’s “Hospital Playlist” stars Jo Jung SukJung Kyung HoYoo Yeon SeokJeon Mi Do, and Kim Dae Myung as five doctors who first met in medical school and have been friends ever since. The new season promises the same heartwarming friendship at the heart of the drama, as well as telling the ordinary stories of ordinary doctors at an ordinary hospital.

As the characters approach new challenges and potential changes in Season 2, here’s a reminder of how Season 1 ended for each of the five main characters.

How will Song Hwa and Ik Joon’s relationship change after he confessed his feelings?

In the first season of “Hospital Playlist,” Ik Joon (Jo Jung Suk) travelled to find Song Hwa (Jeon Mi Do) at the Sokcho branch in order to confess his feelings for her. He gently told her, “Although you’re a friend I’ve seen for a long time, I’ve come to like you. If I confess my feelings, I think it’ll get slightly awkward, but if I don’t confess them now, I think I’d regret it for the rest of my life. What do I do?” Noticing that Song Hwa is at a loss for words, Ik Joon continued, “You can answer slowly. I’ll hear it when you get back,” leaving viewers with a cliffhanger on the fate of their relationship. Especially because the two have been linked in the past, stay tuned to see if Ik Joon’s romantic confession takes these two any further.

11.jpg

Will Jeong Won find love with Gyeo Ul?

As much as he dreamt of becoming a priest, Ahn Jeong Won (Yoo Yeon Seok) had just as much of a desire to help his patients, leading to his decision to stay at the hospital. At the end of Season 1, he was approached by resident Jang Gyeo Ul (Shin Hyun Been) who has a one-sided crush on him. While crying, she told him, “I like you, doctor,” and Ahn Jeong Won responded by kissing her. Season 2 will unravel whether this was the start of something new, or a tease of what might’ve been.

3.jpg

What trials will Joon Wan face at the start of his brand new long distance relationship?

Despite the sweet relationship that Kim Joon Wan (Jung Kyung Ho) had with Lee Ik Sun (Kwak Sun Young), they are now faced with a new obstacle when Ik Sun moves to the United Kingdom for school, forcing them into a long distance relationship. After giving himself lots of time to think it over, Joon Wan sent Ik Sun a ring, but was just as surprised as viewers when he received the package back. Given that their relationship has also been a secret from everyone else, will they be able to move forward smoothly?

What happens to Seok Hyung after he’s contacted by his ex-wife?

In the last season, Yang Seok Hyung (Kim Dae Myung) rejected Chu Min Ha (Ahn Eun Jin) after giving it a lot of thought, expressing his confused and mixed feelings. Suddenly, he received a call from his ex-wife and picked up after a moment’s hesitation. With Season 1 ending on that note, viewers can look forward to how his ex-wife will play a role in the new season and how this relationship will influence Seok Hyung.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1473769wpp/where-hospital-playlist-left-off-in-season-1-and-how-these-stories-will-continue-into-season-2

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20210610008800315
Medical drama 'Hospital Playlist' aims to provide warmth amid pandemic: director

By Lee Minji

SEOUL, June 10 (Yonhap) -- Amid a flood of Korean TV series with dramatic plots -- that has even coined the term "makjang" -- or those featuring badass heroes, one medical drama with a storyline featuring doctors' everyday routines and next-door neighbor characters captivated viewers last year.

"Hospital Playlist," directed by Shin Won-ho and written by Lee Woo-jung, is set to return next week, with Shin hoping that the series will provide a sense of warmth and optimism amid the new coronavirus pandemic.

D72B12C3-B99A-41DF-88CD-464AF73BA1E4.jpg
This photo, provided by tvN, shows the posters for the second season of Korean television series "Hospital Playlist." (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

"I hope it is a warm drama," Shin said in an online news conference Thursday, a week ahead of the second season's launch scheduled for June 17.

"We live under social distancing guidelines and hide our facial expressions with masks. We live a very different life (compared with before the pandemic). I hope this drama reminds us of the way we used to live."

Like the first season, which aired between March and May last year, the plot centers on five medical school friends -- played by actors Jo Jung-suk, Yoo Yeon-seok, Jung Kyung-ho, Kim Dae-myung and Jeon Mi-do -- who have become middle-aged doctors at a fictional general hospital. Most of the other medical staff members will also appear in the second season, Shin said.

But new patients as well as hospital workers will appear in the upcoming episodes just like what happens in a real-world hospital where many people come and go, Shin said.

785C4BBC-95DD-48D3-8AAE-67846A71F62A.jpg
This photo, provided by tvN, shows medical drama "Hospital Playlist" director Shin Won-ho speaking during an online news conference on June 10, 2021. (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

Shin said while the director-screenwriter duo had bigger ambitions for the weekly series, they decided to stick to the basics upon the conclusion that was what viewers anticipated in a seasonal TV series.

"Instead of doing what we wanted to do, we focused on what people wanted to see. In addition to the fundamentals of the show, like its ambience, message and warmth, we put in new stories and tried to make the series more deep," Shin said.

The director said that some factors of real life -- such as the growing friendship between the main cast and how one year has physically passed from the first season -- probably will help add depth to the new season.

"A year has actually passed. The main characters have aged and they have gone through life's changes during that time span. The same amount of time has passed for viewers as well. (I) hope this will add depth."

50C39121-9693-4BFF-848C-20202CCAFFB7.jpg
This photo, provided by tvN, shows the main characters of medical drama "Hospital Playlist" posing during an online news conference on June 10, 2021. (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

To maintain the drama's quality, Shin said the production team also decided to stick with the show's episode-per-week schedule, which was an uncommon format in the local TV scene. A typical Korean TV series has a total of 16 episodes, with two aired per week, and closed endings that do not allow a second season.

"It's hard to say we didn't think about making more episodes," Shin said. "But at the same time, we thought a new model is necessary at a time when production circumstances are becoming tougher, labor circumstances are changing and costs are rising. (I) also felt that a new format would help us think differently."

Shin said this scheduling has been a boon for the TV series, noting how the extra time gave the main cast -- who run a fictional music band in the show -- more time to practice music in real life.

"Because we had leftover time, (the actors) could practice their band music, and since we've gone through the advantages of this system, I don't think we will go back," he said, adding that he hopes to see more formats in the industry.

Spoiler

DA561B3E-12AF-4865-B5F0-53DCBA8074E0.jpg

This photo, provided by tvN, shows the main characters of Korean television series "Hospital Playlist." (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

The director, meanwhile, appeared open toward filming the show's third season, a plan he initially had in mind when casting the main characters.

"It was our first try at producing a seasonal TV show. There were many advantages, but at the same time there were many unexpected outcomes," Shin said. "I told the cast that they should not feel obliged to film a third season. We don't have concrete plans for the next season yet."

The upcoming season will feature 12 episodes that will air on cable channel tvN at 9 p.m. every Thursday from June 17. It will also air in Asia, English-speaking and Arabic regions through Netflix starting June 17 and in other regions starting Sept. 9.

mlee@yna.co.kr
(END)

• Like 3

https://www.breaknews.com/sub_read.html?uid=812861
Jo Jung-seok X Yoo Yeon-seok X Jung Kyung-ho X Kim Dae-myung X Jeon Mi-do ‘SeulUi 2', warmer story + chemistry

2021/06/10

499A9F62-0467-4B85-A706-B515207190BD.jpg
▲ Jo Jung-seok X Yoo Yeon-seok X Jung Kyung-ho X Kim Dae-myung X Jeon Mi-do ‘Wise Doctor Life Season 2’ <PhotoSource=tvN> ©BreakNews

Spoiler

D91A9866-1FA5-4573-9F1C-7F60F8F7408B.jpg
▲ ‘Wise Doctor Life Season 2’ Jo Jung-seok <PhotoSource=tvN> ©BreakNews

FABFEAD2-7ECC-4644-96CA-27B065507416.jpg
▲ ‘Wise Doctor Life Season 2’ Yoo Yeon-seok <PhotoSource=tvN> ©BreakNews

DD379E50-5565-4AEE-A03C-5F0A1E11B56C.jpg
▲ ‘Wise Doctor Life Season 2’ Jung Kyung-ho <PhotoSource=tvN> ©BreakNews

3029631F-505C-4C66-AE6D-17F77D7DE031.jpg
▲ ‘Wise Doctor Life Season 2’ Kim Dae-myung <PhotoSource=tvN> ©BreakNews

AC0509E5-F8E9-4EDA-9A46-E854E93FBDDE.jpg
▲ ‘Wise Doctor Life Season 2’ Jeon Mi-do <PhotoSource=tvN> ©BreakNews

2C8264B5-9529-4F48-8987-8E37E660C100.jpg
▲ Jo Jung-seok X Yoo Yeon-seok X Jung Kyung-ho X Kim Dae-myung X Jeon Mi-do ‘Wise Doctor Life Season 2’ <PhotoSource=tvN> ©BreakNews

Jo Jung-seok X Yoo Yeon-seok X Jung Kyung-ho X Kim Dae-myung X Jeon Mi-do starring tvN 'The Wise Doctor Life Season 2'

On the 10th, tvN Thursday drama 'The Wise Doctor's Life Season 2' (directed by Shin Won-ho, written by Lee Woo-jung, planned tvN, produced by Eggs Coming) held a production presentation. This production report was broadcast live online as part of social distancing and prevention of the spread of COVID-19. Director Shin Won-ho, as well as actors Jo Jung-seok, Yoo Yeon-seok, Jung Kyung-ho, Kim Dae-myung, and Jeon Mi-do attended the scene.

‘Wise Doctor Life Season 2’ is a work that contains the chemistry between people who live special days like ordinary people in a hospital called a microcosm of life where some are born and some end their lives, and 20-year-old friends that can be seen just by looking at their eyes.

‘Wise Doctor Life Season 2’ returns with a stronger and deeper story in the new season following the last season that finished with its own highest ratings by improving the perfection of the work with a new viewing pattern of once a week and a planned season system.

In particular, 'Wise Doctor Life Season 2' raises expectations by foretelling a warmer story, pleasant laughter, and stronger chemistry between the actors, following Season 1, where the actors' acting synergy, chemistry, and the sincerity of small stories were demonstrated.

In this 'Wise Doctor Life Season 2', Jo Jung-seok plays Lee Ik-jun from the hepatobiliary and pancreatic surgeon at Yulje Hospital, Yoo Yeon-seok as Ahn Jung-won from the pediatric surgeon at Yulje Hospital, Jung Kyung-ho as Kim Jun-wan from the thoracic surgeon at Yulje Hospital, and Kim Dae-myeong as Yang Seok-hyeong from the Yulje Hospital obstetrics and gynecology department. Jeon Mi-do takes on the role of Chae Song-hwa, a neurosurgeon at Yulje Hospital.

On this day, director Shin Won-ho talked about the differences and notable points between season 1 and season 2 of 'The Wise Doctor's Life', saying, "The first season 2 teaser we sent out is the correct answer. It's season 2, but in fact, if you come back with a new work, you're bound to be greedy as a creator. I want to brag, I want to be stylish, but I first thought about the essence of the season system. We wanted to focus on what you want to see rather than what we want to do.” He added, “Based on the emotion and warmth of season 1, I chose to put a new story on top of it. I wanted to reduce the desire for a new change and make a drama that was deeper than season 1.”

He continued, “I think the difference from Season 1 is the time. When we watch dramas, we often jump in time saying that it is usually a few years later, but in fact, a year has passed, and the depth of life and the depth of relationships that occur as the characters get older in real time actually change with time in real time. . Viewers will also experience different things because time has actually passed. I think the depth of the story would be different.”

When asked if he missed the 99s, who reunited with 'Wise Doctor Life Season 2', Jo Jung-seok said, "It felt more like we were still together rather than missing you. A lot of people ask me if I didn't want to see him, but I saw him so often that I didn't want to see him, and he asked me how to say hello. Now, I think we are close enough that you can tell breathing just by looking at your eyes.”

Yoo Yeon-seok said, "It's been a long time since the viewers watched Season 1, but while preparing for 'Wise Doctor Life Season 2', we practiced in the band, and in addition to that, we kept in touch frequently. It was very comfortable and good.” Jeon Mi-do said, “When we were not able to see each other offline, we met online, talked often in chat rooms, and talked in groups, so it doesn’t feel like we haven’t seen each other in a long time.”

Jung Kyung-ho said, "I was not happy either. It seemed like we were always together. He said it would be a pity to be away for a few days these days. It's really nice to be together like this now." Kim Dae-myung said, "It's always been nice to see you. Happy today, always happy. In fact, even after filming was over, I had to practice my instrument, so I think I always had a good time.”

Director Shin Won-ho explained why he decided to organize 'Wise Doctor Life Season 2' once a week following season 1, saying, "If Season 1 didn't go well, I would have changed it. We want to make a lot of things and show them, but the biggest reason is that both me and writer Lee Woo-jung decided to live once a week. In a situation where the production environment is getting harder and the production cost is soaring, I wondered if a new model should come out. We thought that we would be able to come up with new ideas by changing the format itself. I don't think I'll ever be able to do it twice a week in the future."

He also said, “It’s still hard right now, but I don’t think I’ll go back again in the future as the actors experience various advantages, such as the opportunity to practice in a band. We hope that other dramas, as well as us, will step out of the fixed pattern and challenge various methods according to the nature of the content and the nature of the channel.”

Director Shin Won-ho's recent hit dramas are mostly revenge and heroic, but 'The Wise Doctor Life' is receiving a lot of love for its non-stimulating story. When asked what the reason was, he said, "The secret is something we are always curious about while making. I have never made it with the assurance that it will be loved because I have to guess and guess what the viewers will like.”

He continued, “However, as there are more works with polarity, I wonder if fatigue may have increased. As we get older, it's hard to see, and rather than hurting our hearts, we think that we want to be healed by watching the content, but I think the viewers might be for the same reason. Recently, as I have been living a more demanding life, the desire to be comforted and to be healed may have increased. I think it was because I got sympathy and was comforted by watching ‘The Wise Doctor Life’.”

When asked if the skills of the band Mido and Parasol in 'Wise Doctor Life Season 2' had improved, Daemyung Kim said, "At first, I was not good at instruments, and it took a long time because it was my first time in a band. It seems that the time is shortened in the process of learning. It’s not that I’m not very good at it, but I think we’re getting along well.”

Jo Jung-seok said, “All of us have really improved. The speed of learning and receiving the songs has increased, but rather than becoming proficient, I think the feeling has improved. I think it would be good for viewers to look forward to season 2. Actors tell me not to talk like this, but I really wanted to say it because I felt it.”

Yoo Yeon-seok said, "After season 1 was over, the director said 'hard hair' and showed us a behind-the-scenes video, and if you look there, he also showed us the process of completing a song in a band ensemble for the first time. At that time, it took more than three months to perform a single song, and there were many songs that took more than a month. Everything was awkward that way, but now I got the song and played it the next week. The director now sends me songs casually, but we did it again. When we do that, sometimes we are surprised by ourselves.”

Jeon Mi-do said, “We did well on our own, so the director gave us more difficult songs. Nevertheless, he is doing well and is working hard.” Jung Kyung-ho said, “I don’t think Jun-wan can play the guitar too well because ‘Wise Doctor’s Life Season 2’ is related to season 1. I'm practicing moderately and trying moderately to give relevance."

Jo Jung-seok received a lot of love for his all-killing music charts with ‘Aroha’ in ‘The Wise Doctor Life Season 1’. When asked if he could expect an all-kill on the charts in season 2, he said, "Thankfully, I received a lot of love. Last year, I was an actor by profession, and I received several awards for singer OST. I thanked everyone on the ‘Wise Doctor Life’ team, and their feelings have not changed.”

He continued, “I know that it is rare and difficult to do so, so I don’t think that it will be possible. He is the first guitarist and vocalist of Mido and Parasol. In season 1, all the songs were difficult, but season 2 was a little more difficult. Although he can't tell the songs. He is doing his best by practicing steadily even on a regular basis. He may have good results if he works hard, but he doesn't expect much. It was such a special event, and I think it was an honor for the family.”

Ahn Eun-jin, Shin Hyun-bin, and others rose to prominence as the leading actors after 'The Life of a Wise Doctor'. When director Shin Won-ho asked if there were any actors he was currently keeping an eye on, he said, “There are so many good actors. In our case, there are a lot of actors who come in with episodes not only for fixed roles, but also for episodes, so if you watch the video to cast them, there are a lot of good actors. It's hard to pick just one person," he said.

In addition, “Our style is acting, but we tend to mix words in front of our eyes and know before casting, so I think we can know a certain affinity for them when we meet. The people who are most interested are BTS. If I have time, I want to be cast. My daughter also heard the voice of incompetent directing, saying, 'My father said he was directing, and even BTS couldn't cast it'. I will wait for BTS.”

Director Shin Won-ho said about the new characters to pay attention to in 'The Wisdom of a Doctor Season 2', "There are of course new characters in Season 2. As you go through life, the people around you leave and go to work, don't they change? Such scenes will unfold in Yulje Hospital as time goes by. As a result, new characters will appear, so please look forward to it.”

In particular, about the cameo appearance in 'The Wisdom of a Doctor Season 2', he said, "It's a burden to have a cameo. No matter how close and how close you are to the previous work, it's a different project now, and it's not easy to break up his schedule and act briefly as a cameo. So we are always cautious. I try to avoid casting as much as possible because I think it will be fun. I am asking for this role if this friend thinks it must be done.”

He also said, “The cameo appearance helps a lot in terms of topicality, but in a way it can be a nuisance, so I am approaching it with the utmost caution. There are some casts that may or may not be cameos. with me did it together Even if they are not very well-known friends, there are cases where filming has already been completed by entrusting small roles for a while.”

Regarding season 3, director Shin Won-ho said, “‘A wise doctor’s life season 3’? I didn't even think about it. I'm dying in a hurry to finish season 2 as well. I can't even think of the next season at all," he said, and when asked what kind of drama he would like to be remembered for in 'The Life of a Wise Doctor Season 2', he said, "I wish it was a warm drama. These days, everyone is living at a distance, living with masks covering their faces, etc., living differently than before, but while watching our drama, I remember it as a drama that made me not forget the body temperature and affection along with the memories of 'we originally lived like that' It is my wish,” he said.

Lastly, Jo Jung-seok X Yoo Yeon-seok X Jung Kyung-ho X Kim Dae-myung X Jeon Mi-do said, "I am happy to meet again like this with 'Wise Doctor Life Season 2' following Season 1. Now that we all know each other, I hope we can have a good time together.” “Thank you for waiting, and I will greet you with a small daily routine. I prepared it really hard with a deeper flavor, so please pay a lot of attention to ‘The Wise Doctor’s Life Season 2’.”

On the other hand, 'The Wise Doctor Life Season 2' starring Jo Jung-seok X Yoo Yeon-seok X Jung Kyung-ho X Kim Dae-myung X Jeon Mi-do, which is organized into 12 episodes, is broadcast every Thursday at 9 PM.

dj3290@naver.com

——

https://zapzee.net/2021/06/08/three-reasons-why-we-cant-wait-to-watch-hospital-playlist-2/
Three Reasons Why We Can’t Wait to Watch ‘Hospital Playlist 2’

by kim yeo un | images: tvN

DCE6BD92-AAA7-4FB9-BAE8-2C2B849FE7B5.jpg

Hospital playlist is back. The warm stories, authentic chemistry among actors, and teamwork between director Shin Won Ho and writer Lee Woo Jung, who have been working together since the Reply series, have all received much love. Before its premiere on the 17th (Thursday), director Shin Won Ho unveiled three keywords that explain Hospital playlist 2.

Empathy
Season 1 gained empathy from the viewers through the power and sincerity of small stories. Director Shin Won Ho said, “Everyone who creates a story hopes to receive empathy. By doing so I have already achieved my goal.” He also spoke about how the Covid-19 pandemic has been ongoing since the preparation of season 1 began. He said, “I hope the show will be able to help people remember our old daily lives, and think ‘Oh, that’s how it used to be,’ at a time where we must still wear masks and maintain social distancing.

Warmth
Viewers were captivated by the humanity of the show’s characters. The show received positive reviews, in particular, due to a vision of warmth that is created through capturing the deep emotions and humor present in ordinary people’s life stories. Director Shin Won Ho said, “We aren’t trying to change the emotions or atmosphere of Hospital Playlist. The warm style of the show will continue with season 2, but will portray deeper stories and relationships.”

Sense of Rhythm
Hospital playlist takes place in Yulje Medical Center. The story revolves around the professors from five different departments (Excerptics, Pediatrics, Cardiothoracic, Gynecology, and Neurosurgery), friends of the same age, hospital staff, patients, and their families. The series allowed the viewers to dive into the shows by rhythmically conducting various episodes, focusing on numerous characters, and delicately making the overall harmony. Director Shin Won Ho said, “The goal of season 2 was to keep the same tone as the first season. We wish to develop the series further than making it refreshing, so please look forward to it.” 

8C6DADC2-E9E7-4FCD-84FF-6D89852F0BBB.jpg

Source (1)
Translator Kim Y.U: Welcome K-pop, K-drama, K-movie, K-culture fans. I hope you enjoy our news about K-entertainment.

• Like 3

Watch: Jo Jung Suk, Jung Kyung Ho, Yoo Yeon Seok, Jeon Mi Do, And Kim Dae Myung Make The Perfect Team In “Hospital Playlist 2”

Watch: Jo Jung Suk, Jung Kyung Ho, Yoo Yeon Seok, Jeon Mi Do, And Kim Dae Myung Make The Perfect Team In “Hospital Playlist 2”

Jun 10, 2021
by S. Cho

tvN has given another preview at the upcoming season of “Hospital Playlist”!

“Hospital Playlist” stars Jo Jung SukJung Kyung HoYoo Yeon SeokJeon Mi Do, and Kim Dae Myung as five doctors who first met in medical school and have been friends ever since. The new season promises the same heartwarming friendship at the heart of the drama, as well as telling the ordinary stories of ordinary doctors at an ordinary hospital.

The newest highlight clip takes viewers back to Yulje Hospital, where a new season has begun. While Ahn Jeong Won (Yoo Yeon Seok) is kind, gentle, and loving with his patients, someone asks, “Have you ever seen Dr. Ahn get angry?” and the clip shifts to a series of Ahn Jeong Won fighting with his closest friends. However, clips of Kim Joon Wan (Jung Kyung Ho) reveal that he has a much more fiery temper.

Someone else comments, “Dr. Lee Ik Joon [Jo Jung Suk] is super famous” as he himself asks, “Me? How can you hate me?”

Lee Ik Joon tells Yang Seok Hyung (Kim Dae Myung), “There are rumors all over the hospital that you’re dating.” Yang Seok Hyung responds, “I’ll take care of it myself. I’m really happy right now. Being alone makes me most comfortable and happy.” However, he solemnly asks someone, “Are you by any chance… getting married?”

To Chae Song Hwa (Jeon Mi Do), someone asks whether she enjoys studying. Chae Song Hwa firmly responds, “The more I study, the more fun I have.” Later, she’s driving with Lee Ik Joon as she comments, “Ik Joon, I’m going to respond now,” referring to his confession in Season 1.

The clip takes a solemn turn, showing the downsides of their hospital life as Lee Ik Joon comments, “There’s not one thing that’s going my way in this world.” Ahn Jeong Won adds, “This didn’t happen because someone messed up, it just happened.” Kim Joon Wan continues, “This is the moment everyone has been waiting for. I do not want to mess it up.”

In a switch of spirits, they all call out encouraging phrases. Chae Song Hwa shares, “Don’t worry” and Kim Joon Wan adds, “We will never give up first.” Yang Seok Hyung and Lee Ik Joon both comment, “I will do my best.”

Lastly, someone asks, “Doctor, an opportunity will come, right?” Ahn Jeong Won responds, “Of course. I believe it.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1474113wpp/watch-jo-jung-suk-jung-kyung-ho-yoo-yeon-seok-jeon-mi-do-and-kim-dae-myung-make-the-perfect-team-in-hospital-playlist-2

• Like 2

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2021/06/688_310345.html
'Hospital Playlist 2' to return with deeper, more heartwarming story

By Lee Gyu-lee | 2021-06-11

5B13C54D-6AEE-40F5-AD2A-864DF4F47B7D.jpg
Actors Yoo Yeon-seok, from left, Kim Dae-myung, Jeon Mi-do, Cho Jung-seok, and Jung Kyoung-ho pose for pictures during an online media conference for season 2 of tvN's series "Hospital Playlist," Thursday. Courtesy of tvN

TvN's much-anticipated series "Hospital Playlist" is back for its second season, set to premiere on June 17. 

"When a production team makes a series, we are eager to show off and try fancy techniques in making it. But this time, we tried to keep the pace for the follow-up seasons this series will have," Shin Won-ho, the producer, director and creator of the series, said during an online press conference, Thursday. 

6A4E159B-DF66-43BA-AD17-A2B82B29E554.jpg
Shin Won-ho, producer for season 2 of tvN's series "Hospital Playlist" / Courtesy of tvN

"Instead of pushing on what we want to do (with the series), we tried to focus on what viewers would want to see. The new season will include new stories on top of the heartwarming sentiments of the overall plot. We tried to delve deeper into the storyline than to make changes." 

Written by star screenwriter Lee Woo-jung who scripted the "Reply" series, the feel-good drama revolves around five friends from medical school ― Lee Ik-joon (Cho Jung-seok), Ahn Jeong-won (Yoo Yeon-seok), Kim Jun-wan (Jung Kyoung-ho), Yang Seok-hyeong (Kim Dae-myung) and Chae Song-hwa (Jeon Mi-do). 

The friends who are working at different departments of the same hospital share a common interest in music through the band they formed together in college. The story explores their interwoven relationships and the lives of fellow medical staff and patients at the hospital. 

The producer noted the biggest difference in the new season is the time. "A year has actually passed since last season (and in the story). So there are changes in depth that come as the characters get older," he said. "There will be changes in their lives as time passes as well as their perception of things around them." 

Shin said that he hopes this series will offer a sense of comfort to those watching it. "Nowadays, as more dramas involve disturbing, extreme plots, I thought many viewers will feel overwhelmed (from watching those)," he said. "As we get older, it's too exhausting to watch them because we tend to lean towards comfort rather than struggle. And I believe viewers will feel the same way."

A571B7CD-B92F-42D5-9655-83D86AC57D3A.jpg
A poster for the series / Courtesy of tvN

Another difference, he pointed out, was the cast's performance in the band for the series. "The time for the actors to learn a song became really short… even though they complain that the songs are hard, they make it happen, which makes me want to give difficult songs," he said. "But the key difference is that learning a song was like homework for them, but now they've come to really enjoy it."

The actors expressed their real-life friendships they developed out of their characters, since shooting the first season. 

"It felt like we were always together (even after season 1 wrapped)… We could tell what each wants by just looking in the eyes. That's how close we've become," Cho said. 

Jung said: "This was my first time starring in a series with more than one season, but it has been wonderful… It's unique and exciting that I get to work with these people as a family for two to three years."

Referring to the first season as an introduction of the five characters, Jung added the second season will show better chemistry and closer friendships between them. 

Jeon noted that "there will be heartwarming, tear-jerking episodes about the patients," and Yoo added the stories about other staffers at the hospital, including the residents, will also be interesting. 

"Hospital Playlist 2" will air every Thursday at 9 p.m. and will also be available on Netflix.

——

https://zapzee.net/2021/06/11/no-plan-for-hospital-playlist-3-for-now-says-director-shin-won-ho/
No Plan For ‘Hospital Playlist 3’ For Now, Says Director Shin Won Ho

by kim yeo un | images: tvN

On the 10th, director Shin Won Ho mentioned the possibility of launching a new series at the production presentation of Hospital Playlist 2. 

Although the second season has not been aired yet, attention was drawn to whether there will be a third season since the series has gained huge popularity.

In response, director Shin Won Ho said, “It was tough even to make the second season, so I don’t have the plan for the third one yet. However, during the planning stage, I told the actors that there would be a chance to make the third season.”

“I’ve had a rough idea of doing the series until the third season. However, I’ve recognized some of the limits since it’s my first franchise series. Originally, I planned to do the same series for three years in a row, but instead of booking all the actors for next season, I asked the actors to make their own choices untill the production starts again. Therefore, we don’t have any plans for the third season right now.”

Source (1)
Translator Kim Y.U: Welcome K-pop, K-drama, K-movie, K-culture fans. I hope you enjoy our news about K-entertainment.

• Like 2

Hi all, 

I am so excited for the new season to start! Been rewatching the past season’s episodes to refresh my memory. Still loved them all no matter how many times I’ve watched them. 

Feels weird for me to have a drama I can ‘come back’ to at the forum. It’s also like a mini reunion of sorts for us here. Looking forward to gushing over the new season with old/new fans of the show here! 

Big thanks to everyone who have been translating & sharing all the recent articles/videos. Really grateful for all the updates! :D

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Seeing the trailers I don’t think IkSong couple will be together right away :( 

but I feel the emphasis of Song Hwa being flawless amongst the ‘flawed’ 5 seems unreal and as they show more insight into who she really is this season I think they will show her weakness. She’s literally been the most mysterious characters in Season 1. Hoping she overcomes whatever her weakness is and atleast IkSong can be end game by the end of the season.

Her personality - the one go to person for everyone and being an awesome mentor, professor and doctor and of course the best listener and friend - it’s a mentally strong and sorted personality and I don’t think anyone can love, support and understand her without being overwhelmed like the cool Ik Joon. I would like them to be together as a couple and not as friends because with so much stuff on her shoulders she also needs someone. I hope whatever goes on in her head whatever she fears she can get over it with the help of Ik Jun. he can help her solve her issues like he has helped all interns/patients/junior doctor/nurses. Even the problem solver needs her problem solved and the best listener needs to be heard out too ♥️

For Winter Garden I don’t know what to expect given the characters Have been totally the opposite of lovey dovey during season one. They are so serious and to the point . And yet they have fallen for each other so intensely. And as a doctor he does get so emotionally involved while she is so cool. The interplay of their personalities is like a ‘ so alike and so different’ scenario. Am so excited to see how their relationship evolves cause I don’t know what to expect at all :P

• Like 1
  • Love 1