[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

22 minutes ago, kawaiiprincess1987 said:

Ack, I hope things don't get awkward for SH and IJ. I mean, I don't think they'll end the season as a couple per se, at least I hope they're still bestfriends. And I hope the boys all help her to move her stuff :) (that should be a satisfying enough finale for me)

They wont become couple at the finale for sure, even if they will in the future, its gonna take a long road for them both.  they r gonna be fine as a friends too, like i said, Ikjun's confession didnt really ask for anything, if he did, he will confront her rn, i think he knows songhwa will be burdened by it 

Thats what i thought too, all the boys helping songhwa moving out altho originally i thought ikjun wont be there bcs his spain thingy, being together is good way to close the finale. 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, kokodus said:

@stella_512 @Wook's Fan You guys are talking about this, right?   

And here we have a neat Gyeo ul. We havent seen her like this before. 

I want to keep my expectations to the bare minimum for the final ep, but when I read theories like this, it's hard to not hope. Sighh. Jeong won doesn't seem like a guy who will randomly touch a girl's hair.....we will see, I guess. 

Yes, this is the one.. Thanks a lot for posting it here :) Their observation looks legit.

But then this drama has messed up my mind so bad that I don't even know what to expect now :mellow: Reading all the theories about how they like to surprise the viewers, it can go any way. I was never so restless, not even when I had the strongest crush of my life :lol: I sound like a crazy person right now :sweatingbullets:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, stella_512 said:

Yes, this is the one.. Thanks a lot for posting it here :) Their observation looks legit.

But then this drama has messed up my mind so bad that I don't even know what to expect now :mellow: Reading all the theories about how they like to surprise the viewers, it can go any way. I was never so restless, not even when I had the strongest crush of my life :lol: I sound like a crazy person right now :sweatingbullets:

You are not alone dear. I'm constantly thinking about all these theories and analysis too. Part of me wants thursday to come faster, so that we can be done for now and I can get my life back. LOL. But I'll also be very sad once it ends. Have been with this drama for almost 3 months now....it'll be hard to let go. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Song Hwa’s discomfort from IkJun’s indirect confessions could stem from the rejection to Seok Hyung 20 years ago. I’m sure she didn’t see this coming after his divorce. Moving to Sokcho will do her good, away from Ik Jun and Chi Hong. If we consider Seok Hyung’s point of view (if SW and IJ be a couple) he would think, “It was Ik Jun she liked all this time.” 

Will this change the dynamics of their friendship? Possibly not. However, are they being honest? Take Jun Wan for example, he couldn’t even come clean to Ik Jun about Ik Sun (though I have a feeling Ik Jun knows) they’ve been friends longer than the rest. To some degree, it will be the same for Ik Jun and Son Hwa, if they decide to take that path.

Having love lines outside of their circle is the safest (Jeong Won and Gyeo-ul. Jun Wan and Ik Sun. Seok Hyung and Minah). Regarding the love triangle....I leave it to the writer to sort out :D

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, revel best said:

They wont become couple at the finale for sure, even if they will in the future, its gonna take a long road for them both.  they r gonna be fine as a friends too, like i said, Ikjun's confession didnt really ask for anything, if he did, he will confront her rn, i think he knows songhwa will be burdened by it 

Speaking of burdening someone you love, I also agree that Ikjun might think that it was a burden on Songhwa. He never planned any of those “confessions” to begin with. I think in this aspect he could relate to the situation of his patient needing a liver transplant in the last episode. There was no doubt that the wife loved her husband but this doesn’t mean that she could whole-heartedly sacrifice herself. In the same way, Ikjun wouldn’t want to burden Songhwa. Regardless if Songhwa has ever considered Ikjun romantically or not, we know she cares for her friend. But this doesn’t mean that she could easily respond to his feelings. Just as it was for the wife, in the end, it is still Songhwa’s choice. 

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

Part of me wants thursday to come faster, so that we can be done for now and I can get my life back. LOL. But I'll also be very sad once it ends.

I feel ya!!! It’s like I want Thursday to come at the same time I don’t HAHAHA What scares me the most now is how open ended the last episode will be. If one week of waiting is driving us crazy now, who knows how stressed we’ll all be waiting for the next season :joy:

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

Maybe it's just me. I remember the writer mentioned this is friends met Grey's Anatomy.

Joon Wan reminds me of Chandler - the successful but sarcastic friend 

if Iksoon is Monica - their relationship starts early and will be stable throughout the series with a little bit of sneaking around behind the brother's back. (with a little bit of drama).  Just like how many times Chandler jealous of Monica's ex. maybe they will throw in IkSoon's ex boyfriend in next season.

IkJoon is really similar with Ross - the wife left him, he has a son. and if SongHwa is Rachel (minus the vain), it's safe to say they are end game. They may get together a while (maybe in the past) but won't be together until the end game.

If JeongWong is McDreamy - then GyeoWol is Meredith. Just like McDreamy already has a wife that he chose initially, JeongWon also has God. (I am not comparing God to Addison) 

I will be waiting for "Pick Me, Choose Me, Love Me" line from GyeoWol

SeokHyeong i will see him as a nice George O'Malley who like Meredith at the beginning (the main character - in this case will be SongHwa) but will move on with Callie (MinHa - the "driven", "determined", and "outgoing" resident).

please don't bash me, but that's how I think.

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
  • Awesome 1

Whenever the temperature of the shots change, I usually get excited. For the past eleven episodes, getting that  temperature effect is an indication of transition/change/milestone/start of a relationship. 

Jun-wan and Ik-sun

At the ending of the Episode 4, Jun-wan went to Ik-sun. It, in one way or another, established the start of their loveline. The temperature was also like that when he asked her out and when he kissed her. It could be because of the sunset, but I don't see any need for the editing team to drastically increase the temperature to that extent, unless the writer/PD team wants to convey something.

Spoiler

99ers

We also got this editing when Ik-jun, Song-hwa, and Jun-wan first met. Almost all the flashbacks of the 99ers are in this color. This time, we can blame the warm temperature on the "flashback/nostalgia" feeling they might want to give off.  However, all the 99ers past scenes that they show us are important in the development of their friendship. We can argue that it's more than nostalgia. 

Spoiler

This brings me to the two instances where the screen is inexplicably warm: 1) when Gyeo-ul and Rosa were talking and 2) when Chi-hong and Song-hwa were at the courtyard. The conversation of the former is important. Gyeo-ul is someone Ro-sa has never met before. As someone who harbors romantic feelings towards Jeung-won, this is like meeting a "mother-in-law". Putting the coloring of the scene to a warmer temperature establishes the importance of the scene in the development of WinterGarden. They're not even together (not even dating!) but the supposed "mother-in-law" has already approved of the relationship. 

Now, for Chi-hong and Song-hwa, I think the temperature sets a different tone to where their relationship will go. When Chi-hong comforted her, Song-hwa went on about their patient. For her, Chi-hong is a reliable student. Had it been Jun-wan or someone she considers a friend, I think she would have responded with a personal opinion on the matter. 

On a side note, the gift box of Ik-jun's gift and Chi-hong look so similar. Friendship aside, it hurts to think that 20 years ago, Ik-jun threw his away and tried to crush his feelings for the sake of friendship. It could've been a standard wrapper/box, but since we know Ik-jun's story, it's so painful. 

Spoiler

EWDtRItUwAE_u57?format=jpg&name=large

You know a drama is so good when people are speculating about everything! Less than four days left! Fighting!!

• Like 11
  • Insightful 6

Oppa :phew:
15903494101590349406.gif

Mama rose :lol:

15903495811590349575.gif

Our princess : What my mother in law want , she get :tounge_wink:

~ finally she proposed to him :D

5ecacea44f2ed996144040.gif?download

Us

Spoiler

5ecad31a24d5a181143359.gif?download

* couldn’t stop myself adding 2 scene together 

• Like 1
  • LOL 23

Imho it’s too early in the play for the endgame couples to be revealed and so the romantic moments shown are distractions. There are two more seasons to go. Andrea will have a brain tumor (headaches) and who knows what dynamic will result. 

Imo the final couples will be 

IJ and Jang (he broke up with Go Ara because she didn’t eat and we know jang likes her food - perfect match!).

SeokHyeong and SongHwa - they are the Ross and Rachel of this drama. He has loved her for years. He’s a bit dorky.  But he’s a good man and would make her v happy. She was too immature to value him years ago. (Also he plays piano , like Ross.). 

Andrea and God. He means what he says.

JW and Ik sun - eventually after breakups. They’ll meet again at IJ and Jangs wedding!! In season 3. 

Such a long way to go. What a great drama. 

• Like 1
  • Off-Topic 2
  • Unamused 3
  • Confused 10
  • Naughty 1
  • LOL 3

13 hours ago, stella_512 said:

I know right, too many scenarios possible till we get to know Jeong Won's POV. Just like you all I am hoping for is them to be together :wub:

I think we will finally get to know what our Garden had been thinking, a confirmation of his feelings ( though for me he has already confirmed in multiple ways :lol: ) Cliffhanger would be whether he leaves or not. 

I would want to know form Songhwa's POV as to who she likes .  

If it was IJ, it seems like she was not on the same page as him.  Because when she asked what he did for himself and what he wanted, he said that he wanted to enjoy eating with her and drinking coffee.  But, if you look at her facial expression, you can see looks down, looks to the side and looks up and changes topic.  That is not something someone who has a crush on the other person who just said those things behave.  I think it would be more like "Me too". I love doing that with you and so on.  Not the way, SHwa acted.

When NS residents have a group meet and IJ and SHwa were sitting next to each other and IJ had to answer the question as to whether he had liked SHwa , he says "Yes I have".   Shwa reaction, if she like him would be happy, or exhilarated or just a smile thinking of the good times, but her reaction is looking down and not making eye contact.  That does not look like Shwa likes him in that manner.  She is like a mother to him scolding him for touching things, or hitting him when he annoys her.  

JW likes IS and viceversa, and I hope IS also prioritizes JW in her life.  

SH currently has MH and from the looks of it, it seems to be moving smoothly.  

The only person who has not said anything is JWon.  Some of us want to hear about his first love too, and if it is SHwa?  And if that is mutual.  But JWon current love is GOD.  IF it was someone else , I would like to know about that too.  

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Hypothetically speaking,

Let's assume Shwa loved IJ. He is THE ONE. And, we know for sure that IJ has always loved Shwa, but didn't want to create problems amongst friends.

Now, fast forward to present times. If this man tells you that his gift to himself is having dinner and coffee with just her, that he publically proclaims his authority over you (lift scene) and declares his crush on you (dinner)... How will you feel?

A man you have loved, who went on to have so many girlfriends, got married is now telling you that he always had a crush on you?

ECSTATIC !!  

But that was not what was shown.  SHwa felt embarassed about it.  :unamused:.  The balloon just popped.  If she did not have the hots for IJ during college, she must have known that he liked her that way.  IJ might have been the main reason she is moving away now.  So, hopefully she wants nothing to do with him (IJ) or Uju for the time being and since she like Uju just like her nephews and nieces.  Out of Sight, Out of mind.  

• Sad 1

Subbed version of Jeon Mido’s Elle interview:

She tries the words she laughed at during the HP cast Netflix 1-minute Mission, and reveals which is her favourite HP poster (near the end of the video).

• Like 9
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, angelwingssf said:

ECSTATIC !!  

But that was not what was shown.  SHwa felt embarassed about it.  :unamused:.  The balloon just popped.  If she did not have the hots for IJ during college, she must have known that he liked her that way.  IJ might have been the main reason she is moving away.  So, hopefully she wants nothing to do with him (IJ) and Uju since she like Uju just like her nephews and nieces.  Out of Sight, Out of mind.  

Hmm.. Would she be ecstatic .. hmm

I agree he is the reason she is moving away. She could handle Dr.Ahn, that was no problem - no feelings attached.

With IJ, atleast friendship and overall balance amongst the group is at stake.

The reason i am trying to understand how she will feel is to understand if her expressions can be interpreted as anything else other than what it seems like (she is really not happy during those confessions and continuously ignores them/avoids them/ does not want to entertain them, also, back to back almost confessions and that icky dinner with Dr Ahn might have scared her that IJ is on verge of making it awkward)

OR, is it that she had moved on.. but again, not sure how to interpret her expressions. They would not have told Mido the ending to give out the right expressions, correct?

7 hours ago, angelwingssf said:

The only person who has not said anything is JWon.  Some of us want to hear about his first love too, and if it is SHwa?  And if that is mutual.  But JWon current love is GOD.  IF it was someone else , I would like to know about that too.  

I think least of the mystery is JW's first love.. like there is literally not even an alternative to SHwa

(OFCOURSE, unless my make believe theory of this being BL in JW's mind with SH comes true :P ) .. and i keep going back to ep 1 mouning table when they were asked how come none of them had a thing with Shwa (and each looks at someone with very curious reactions.. instead of all looking at SH and Shwa)

Ques is who si Shwa's first love :) and if she has moved on or is still intensely in love (i hope she moved on, even her original crush needs to put effort and woo her back)

17 hours ago, kuuto said:

Maybe it's just me. I remember the writer mentioned this is friends met Grey's Anatomy.

Joon Wan reminds me of Chandler - the successful but sarcastic friend 

if Iksoon is Monica - their relationship starts early and will be stable throughout the series with a little bit of sneaking around behind the brother's back. (with a little bit of drama).  Just like how many times Chandler jealous of Monica's ex. maybe they will throw in IkSoon's ex boyfriend in next season.

IkJoon is really similar with Ross - the wife left him, he has a son. and if SongHwa is Rachel (minus the vain), it's safe to say they are end game. They may get together a while (maybe in the past) but won't be together until the end game.

If JeongWong is McDreamy - then GyeoWol is Meredith. Just like McDreamy already has a wife that he chose initially, JeongWon also has God. (I am not comparing God to Addison) 

I will be waiting for "Pick Me, Choose Me, Love Me" line from GyeoWol

SeokHyeong i will see him as a nice George O'Malley who like Meredith at the beginning (the main character - in this case will be SongHwa) but will move on with Callie (MinHa - the "driven", "determined", and "outgoing" resident).

please don't bash me, but that's how I think.

lol.. i am laughing at myself.. i realize i can literally fit JW-SH in every theory (SH not SHwa)

Monica - JW - cleanliness, unrealistic expectations of parents vs siblings

Chandler - SH  - hates daddy, awkward in social context, (Jwan is too focused and smart to be chandler) , go to person for each of the guys

like no one is better fit

Edited by triplem
Please don't post consecutively within an hour. Edit to add. TQ
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1