[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

damn and now i dont know to root for either chihong or ikjun over the other..

god dammit.

*edit* i can understand why chihong wanted to press ikjun, but I think that went slightly over the line there...and makes ikjun look even more pitiful..but chihong has his moments too...

ahh this drama is so good :/

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, midflight said:

I'm still trying to process that emotionally-heavy episode, but one thing's for sure.

I really, really, really like Ahn Chi-hong. He's a good guy, through and through. But I'm a bit frustrated with what he did during the drinking scene. From the previous scenes, I think he already has an idea that Ik-jun has feelings for Song-hwa. I just... what he did... how he asked and pressed Ik-jun... It didn't sit well with me. 

He didn't just put Ik-jun on the spot. By doing that, he made the atmosphere uncomfortable for Song-hwa too. I understand that he's curious, but when it comes to games like this, there are boundaries that should be respected. At first, I was still rooting for him, but after this episode, I'm completely supportive of the Ik-jun and Song-hwa pair. 

I mean, Ik-jun has been nothing but nice to him. I don't see why Chi-hong thought it's okay to put him on the spot like that.  If it were the other way around, I don't think Ik-jun would do that to him. If Ik-jun really wants to find out, he'd find a way to ask Chi-hong in private. 

Chi-hong really likes Song-hwa, but Ik-jun loves her. I can't imagine Ik-jun putting Song-hwa on the spot the way Chi-hong did (regardless of intentions). 

I'll type down my other thoughts about this emotionally-heavy and draining episode tomorrow. I just needed to let that out. 

Stay safe, guys! :) Happy watching.

I have similar thoughts. Chi hong has no one else to blame but himself. Ik Jun hinted but that was when Ik Jun and Songhwa were alone. This was with a group of Song hwa's residents. It was probably not how Ik Jun thought of letting the cat out of the bag, however, Ik Jun is a cool guy so I am sure he is fine with that. 

I am not angry at Chi hong, but I feel for him because of how hard he tried in a nice way too to get closer to Song Hwa. Ik Jun might have taken more time before he made his feelings known, but Chi Jong now has a potential to be an enabler, stirring calm waters -cause now Song hwa knew her potential one sided crush wasn't one sided at all.

I doubt Ik Jun would resort to the same method of putting one on the spot, at least so far we have seen with Jeong Won or Gyeo Ul it has been more encouragement and it was with Gyeo U;'s permission without revealing much information about her crush. Still, I think Ik Jun would still be cool about letting it out, the same way he cooly answered the questions. 

I was honestly more put off by his birthday wish. He said he would not cross the line, but banmal with his supervisor and  especially the phrase he uttered with shoulder pat gave off an awkward vibe especially judging from Song Hwa's reaction.  

Most importantly its hard to read Song Hwa's reaction to figure out her feelings with both. 

• Like 17
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2

I am always said that I'm on Jung Rosa and Jo Jungsu ship, and I still am.

But I really feel the heartache of Ikjun. I like Chihong and his kindness, but knowing Ikjun up to this 11th episode, I know the difference of their feelings toward Songhwa. And I hope that Ikjun's effort won't be a waste. I think it will be him that Songhwa talk to in the preview. I hope he finds a way to do something to Sokcho that makes him have a reason to drives Songhwa to Sokcho and stay there for 10 days, to help her moving out of town and "work". 

Junwan, take heart. You can do this LDR. Iksun loves you. 

Seokhyeong, I see you. Minha waits for your answer, you know haha. 

Jeongwon, so what will you do? I will support no matter it is God or woman :D

Oh I just want everyone to be happy. 

• Like 13

I do hope Episode 12 gives us an open ending (according to the PD) that is happier than Episode 11. Man, today's episode hurt me a bit (Ikjun-Songhwa & Iksun-Junwan). Haha! 

On the bright side, I'm happy that we got some touching scenes with the patients and doctors. The dilemma of the liver cirrhosis patient's wife was heartbreaking yet understandable, and Somi's video for her mom was so heartwarming. The banter between the Lacking 5 was fun to watch as well. Ikjun eavesdropping on Junwan was comedic gold.

• Like 11
  • Love 4

Andrea's words to Geoul: I'll keep you in my heart...like a prayer. 

Then Like a Virgin plays as BGM. 

Hahahahaha

Our lockdown is gonna get extended till next month. I'm going bonkers

• Like 2
  • LOL 10

TBH, right now I am only curious who went to help SHwa with the moving of furnitures at Sokcho. The way she shouted ‘Hey’ is towards someone she is familiar with.

So I wonder is Ikjun or Ahn. Both of them know she is moving, but who will make the move.

Judging from experience, teaser cannot be trust

Can’t sleep for 7 nights, starting now. :lol:

• Like 6
  • LOL 10
  • Awesome 1

I said I'll talk about the song that is sung by IJ during the karaoke drunk session and the band scene and the one that JMD sing for the upcoming OST (her part played during CH's flashback scene). The title of the song is 'I knew that I Love You' (literal translations 사랑하게 될 줄 알았어). The original singer is Shin Hyo Bum

Spoiler

My attempt to translate the lyrics 

The day I saw your picture for the first time

It was January 31 1999

From that day until this moment

It’s only me

The one who is waiting for you

And today, to you who warmly accept my call like a habit

You who make me as the happiest person in the world

I love you so much

I knew that I would love you on the day we first met

Even if you are shaken out by the love that fades in time

Then I will catch you

Just like that time

Because I don’t like being in comfortable relationship

Because a long-term love is tiring

You who turn back while shedding painful tears

Even my mean heart

Have been waiting for you

Then I will catch you

Just like that time

How difficult it was

Even with my ugly tears

I warmly embrace you

Oh~

I will catch you

Don’t worry

Hold my hand

Just like the first time

The two of us

Korean lyrics under spoiler

cr music.bugs.co.kr

Spoiler

널 처음 사진으로 본 그날 
구십 구년 일월 삼십일일
그날 이후 지금 이 순간까지 
나 하나만

기다려준 너를

오늘도 습관 같은 내 전화  따스히 받아 주는 너에게
세상 가장 행복한 사람으로 만들어 준 너를 
너무 사랑해

사랑하게 될 줄 알았어 우리처음 만난 그 날에
시간 속에 희미해지는 사랑에 그대가 흔들린대도
그땐 내가 잡을께요 그대처럼

너무 편한 사이가 싫어서 
너무 오랜 사랑 힘들어서
아픈 눈물 흘리는 널 돌아선 
못된 내 마음도 
기다려준 너를

사랑하게 될 줄 알았어 우리처음 만난 그 날에
시간 속에 희미해지는 사랑에 그대가 흔들린대도
그땐 내가 잡을께요 
그대처럼

얼마나 힘들었을까 못난 내 눈물도 
따스히 감싸준 너를

사랑하게 될 줄 알았어
우리처음 만난 그날에 
시간 속에 희미해지는 사랑에
그대가 흔들린대도 

내가 잡을게요
아무 걱정 마요 
내 손을 잡아요
처음 그날처럼 
우리

---------------

Other than JMD's OST there will be another song, a cover of 사노라면, originally sung by Deul Geuk Hwa (based on my search in the internet)

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

Honestly I agree that Chi Hong putting Ik Jun on the spot was a bit much but I can kind of understand him - I don't think he did this just because he was curious about Ik Jun's answer but maybe because he wanted Song Hwa to be aware? If you notice in the last couple of episodes every time Ahn is trying to get close to Song Hwa Ik Jun keeps butting in by using the excuse that he is her friend(and not showing his true intentions) or when for example when Ahn and Song Hwa were in the elevator in the latest episode he purposfully stuck next to her and touched her shoulder - now from a perspective of a guy who likes a girl but sees another suitor I believe it's logical Ik Jun will act this way, but I think Ahn doesn't want  him to keep using his friendship as an excuse to keep them apart and he wants Song Hwa to be aware of it? maybe? idk really but if I would have been in Chi Hong's shoes I would lowkey be pissed at someone who keeps blocking your advances towards someone but keep saying they are just a friend(but of course I don not condem Ik Jun at all since I completly understand where he is coming from but I was just trying to think from captain's Ahn perspective as to why he would resort to such methods)

I hope I properly managed to get across what I was meaning but English is not my first language so I hope you will understand what I meant:D

• Like 12
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 5

2 minutes ago, sakura22 said:

I find it interesting tat Rosa herself mentioned that Jeong Won is clear about his likes and dislikes and it shows with his facial expression and likely his behaviour towards the person. I guess that pretty much explains all the treasure chests of facial expressions we've seen. haha. 

I am a little torn with Rosa asking Gyeo Ul for the favour, because there is 50% chance that she would be disappointed. And my preference is not for Gyeo Ul to ask him to stay but Jeong Won himself decides to stay without Gyeo Ul saying anything. 

I think Gyeo Ul will have a chat with him and yet the next day he still painfully decides to leave. :) That would be our cliffhanger this season. 

And if he really did leave, then decide to come back. I hope Gyeo Ul would just be totally savage and just let him work hard for it. :D

I also think this season will end with him sitting on the airport waiting for his flight.  Sighhhhh.

I was really worried when the director told him that there are only a very few Pediatric doctors in Korea. I think that will be the main reason for him to stay. Although he is grooming Gyeo ul to become a Pediatric surgeon, she still has a lot to learn. Gyeo ul should tell him to stay and teach her. Eeeeeeee

I don't mind if the reason for him staying back is purely because Gyeo ul asked him to. LOL. It's finally going to be winter in the next ep. WINTER IS HERE!!!! So I'm sure GU will succeed in her mission. LOL. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 13
  • Awesome 1

12 minutes ago, ryanallright said:

TBH, right now I am only curious who went to help SHwa with the moving of furnitures at Sokcho. The way she shouted ‘Hey’ is towards someone she is familiar with.

So I wonder is Ikjun or Ahn. Both of them know she is moving, but who will make the move.

Judging from experience, teaser cannot be trust

Can’t sleep for 7 nights, starting now. :lol:

That's what I want to know too. Who was with SHwa when she moved stuff to Sokcho!

Ugh, this episode made my Iksong heart so saaad. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

@alleram95 So it had been confirmed Part 11 is OST by JMD??

They better give us a M/V for her OST, just like how JJS has it for Aloha.

@RenRen 

He saw that IJ sticking close to SHwa in the lift and pat her shoulder, he decide to pat her shoulder as well when returning from their meal. When SHwa is driving back to the hospital, she also asked IJ not to say anything out of the line as Ahn is in the car as well. Ahn must be thinking a lot in the car.

Ahn pushed and now he get the answer.

Right now, it is to see how SHwa will make her next move. IJ had already subtle confess and let her know his feeling/love for her yet right now we still does not know how she felt with those expression shown.

• Like 9

Some parts of this episode were a bit predictable, but one thing I sure wasn't prepared for was Songhwa's decision to move to Sokcho. Nothing could've prepared me for that. (It's interesting to note though that Sokcho gets mentioned in the first part of the episode, as if it was there to warn us). 

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1

8 minutes ago, RenRen said:

Honestly I agree that Chi Hong putting Ik Jun on the spot was a bit much but I can kind of understand him - I don't think he did this just because he was curious about Ik Jun's answer but maybe because he wanted Song Hwa to be aware? If you notice in the last couple of episodes every time Ahn is trying to get close to Song Hwa Ik Jun keeps butting in by using the excuse that he is her friend(and not showing his true intentions) or when for example when Ahn and Song Hwa were in the elevator in the latest episode he purposfully stuck next to her and touched her shoulder - now from a perspective of a guy who likes a girl but sees another suitor I believe it's logical Ik Jun will act this way, but I think Ahn doesn't want  him to keep using his friendship as an excuse to keep them apart and he wants Song Hwa to be aware of it? maybe? idk really but if I would have been in Chi Hong's shoes I would lowkey be pissed at someone who keeps blocking your advances towards someone but keep saying they are just a friend(but of course I don not condem Ik Jun at all since I completly understand where he is coming from but I was just trying to think from captain's Ahn perspective as to why he would resort to such methods)

I hope I properly managed to get across what I was meaning but English is not my first language so I hope you will understand what I meant:D

I think this is what I am struggling with this love triangle - because both guys are nice yet different to each other. I really don't know who to choose other than Song hwa choosing herself. 

Although winter garden seems vague but there is no love triangle so it was still easy to just go with the story. Song hwa's feelings aside from the flash back to first university entrance interview and first meeting, there's been no indication about what she feels. Other than she doesn't seem to be attracted to Chi Hong the same way based on her mentioning a few times now that she prefers that things are not awkward. 

I wonder though why she didn't say the same lines to Ik Jun when he hinted. Song hwa and Ik Jun have more open and easy friendship that she would definitely be able say the same to Ik Jun. 

5 minutes ago, kokodus said:

I also think this season will end with him sitting on the airport waiting for his flight.  Sighhhhh.

I was really worried when the director told him that there are only a very few Pediatric doctors in Korea. I think that will be the main reason for him to stay. Although he is grooming Gyeo ul to become a Pediatric surgeon, she still has a lot to learn. Gyeo ul should tell him to stay and teach her. Eeeeeeee

I don't mind if the reason for him staying back is purely because Gyeo ul asked him to. LOL. It's finally going to be winter in the next ep. WINTER IS HERE!!!! So I'm sure GU will succeed in her mission. LOL. 

It is very possible. 

This stubborn guy would like go anyway. I see potential for Ik Jun and Rosa to be plotting something and Gyeo Ul will be the actor, BUT, I really doubt it. 

If we go by the seasons, it's Gyeo Ul's time to shine bright :D

• Like 6
  • Love 7
  • Insightful 1

This is so far-fetched, but...

Why do I get the feeling that Song-hwa confessed to Ik-jun before? Maybe, not explicitly confess. Perhaps, in one way or another, she tried to show Ik-jun that she likes him. However, given his decision to respect Seok-hyeong and put their friendship first, he ended up 'rejecting her' or feigning a lack of interest?

That might explain why Song-hwa looked so surprise. And that glance she gave him while singing the karaoke song? 

It would explain a lot. Definitely, there's a lot of tension between them, and I don't think it would be resolved in this season. Looks like our dear writer and production team will really test our patience... ;)

• Like 14
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 2