[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

3 hours ago, nrllee said:

And I agree with some here who feel that Andrea’s reason for entering priesthood is that he’s running away from something.  Could that be his crush of 20years?   That he’s had enough waiting all this time and just wants to end the pain by closing that door of marriage altogether?  Again, don’t know.  Waiting for writer to reveal that to me.

For me. He's not running away. I think he really wanted to be a priest. I'm sure everyone has a kind of fixation or a life goal. Some people even have a bucket lists. I think Priesthood is what he really wants. He's being pressured to act now or never because of his age and unless he experience both life of a Doctor or Priest, he wouldn't know the difference and he would always wonder what his life could be if he follows his heart's desire. Unless he do this, I don't think he will ever be complete. It will always be at the back of his mind. So I'm guessing he will still pursue studying for priesthood. Maybe his first love is really God. :heart:  he can go to England and be a Vicar. Then he can be a man of God and have a family as well. As his Mom said when asked what's her religion, She said she dabble in all of them. Jeung-won can do the same, Priest/Buddha/Vicar :D

I know a family friend who also follows his heart calling. He was in his 30's then, had a well-paying job, had a girlfriend, but in the end he still end up as a priest. Last I heard he's in NZ. So, it's not really impossible.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

If the writer of Hospital Playlist isn't the writer of the Reply series, we won't be scouring for clues. We will be taking the scenes as they are without any regard for 'hidden clues'. However, because both the writer and director are clever (and really smart), for those who are focused on the lovelines and shipping, it is difficult to sit still and enjoy the flow. 

However, once we let go of the fear that we will get a Chilbong 2.0 or Jung-hwan Part 2, we'll be able to appreciate Hospital Playlist for what it is: a story of a beautiful friendship. More importantly, we'll be able to reflect on our own lives based on the actions of the characters that are brought to life by its fantastic cast. :D 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Ketu R said:

But why would they build up such a strong arc just to reveal her crush was someone else. Just to troll us? That doesnt seem like the writers choice. 

Totally agree :D We are at ep 10 and far from build-up stage, at this time if the writer reveals some flashback to show how JWoo/SW met in the past to prove their romance then I am not convinced, and will feel betrayed : )))

It will be a big troll if they tease us with these moment btw IJ/SW and end-up letting Jwoo and SW as a end-game. Even Captain/SW works better for me.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, nrllee said:

Capt Ahn is being set up for SeonBin I think.  Both responded to the intern in similar fashion.  Yong made him feel worse. 

I think it's Seon-bin and Seok-min. They were already caught out by SongHwa and Chi-hong but when they finally admit, the two wouldn't believe them. 

Capt.Ahn and IkSun for me... Why? Because she can talk long hours with Chi-hong and yet she's still has to mention that she's seeing Jung-wan. She introduced JW to her group friends but not to her closest friend? Why? I guess she originally likes Chi-hong, that's why she came to visit him at the hospital where he works. But he's been working there for sometime, why only then. Perhaps, she knows about Chi-hong's feelings for SongHwa? for ep 11 preview Ch-hong can be heard saying that he already met SongHwa on his first year of Internship. He may not show his feelings for her then because she has a boyfriend. Then he overheard SH and JW heated discussion regarding Dr.Jang. Only then Chi-hong started to show his feelings. With all of this development, who would he confide? his best friend! The movie 'My best friend's Wedding' come to mind. So, Ik-sun coming to the hospital sort of reminding him, hey wait...i'm here,  but then we know she got into accident and got shifted to Jun-wan.... that's my 2cents.... how it's going back to Chihong-Iksun for me, I don't know. It may not meant to be but who knows. Guess while we wait. :D 

• Like 2

songhwa was taken aback upon hearing the indirect confession that she changed the subject and looked elsewhere.  Ikjun was gauging her reaction.

Parallel to dr Yang being surprised with Minhas confession.  I think for both cases, neither had an inkling that the confessor had feelings for them. 

As for Andrea and Jang, i never got the vibe that he liked her.  It seems that Ikjun was trying to autosuggest to him that he likes Jang, because as he said, he wants her to be eith his good friend.  Who knows, have you experienced receiving a confession or being asked out and not liking the person, but over time or later on eould have feelings for him or her?  Maybe that was what Ikjun was hoping for.

About the NS intern. Honetly i didnt know what he did wrong when he shaved the head of the patient.  That is what i understood too, but then im not the doctor. Didnt know it was the groin area that had to be shaved.

One of the things i like with HP is the supporting characters are also likable. captain Ahn and Dr Do are so kind. dr Jang is formidable with the maggot incident, and her willingness to improve. Minha too is endearing in her own way.  ikjun's nurse is also likable.  I like the fraternal twin med students, hope to continue seeing them.

And what is it about these series and twins?  

Wonder whats wrong with the daughter and if there is something connected with the delayed first period and possible neurological problems?

I'm Iksong Shipper but I don't really know if it's just me, but no one else noticed SHwa's discomfort/seriousness when Ikjun has his head on her shoulder in the preview of chapter 11.

I feel that the Plot Twist will come in that Songhwa likes Chihong, or they have had advances in the relationship off-screen, as we have seen the writer likes to do many things off-screen.

I'm afraid that SongHwa's first love isn't Ikjun because of her reaction to him, I feel that the one SongHwa followed when they were at university isn't him, but Joon Wan. I can't figure out SongHwa's reaction to Ikjun's indirect confession.

But it would be a mockery to the viewer that after giving us 10 chapters of Iksong content, it turns out that SongHwa has not even thought about Ikjun in that way. It's true that we've seen everything from Ikjun's point of view and not from SongHwa's, but I hope we won't be disappointed.

Please writer, don't hurt Ikjun, he deserves everything.

• Like 1

Okok I constantly see people saying me that this is a seasonal drama and hence anything can happen and they can blow up whatever they have established so far and start revealing a new loveline. But that's not how it works? The foundation has to be made in the first season so that people don't feel disjointed while watching the subsequent seasons. I have not watched any multi season kdramas but from my experience of watching a few western shows the main couples are already set in the first few eps of the first season itself. Few examples

Spoiler

1.Grey's anatomy - Mer and Der were always meant to be together from the 1st ep of the first season. Ofcourse that is until they killed off his character. LOL. 

2.FRIENDS - Ross and Rachel, again established in the first ep of first season. 

3.The office - Jim and Pam - We know that Jim had a crush on her since they first met.

4. Riverdale - Ok this is complicated but we know Betty had feelings for Archie from the very first season of the pilot ep. 

5. Gossip girl - Chuck and Blair was built up from the first season.

These are the ones that comes to my mind right now. Ofcourse western shows always introduce new characters in the later seasons and suddenly make a couple canon. So they are not to be compared with. But I do believe that if they want us to buy certain lovelines they should have established it long ago. We have two more eps in this season, let's see if they change courses or stick with the existing pairings. 

• Like 7
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2

things are getting more exciting really.

ikjun and chu min ha really confess, well ikjun is not straight to the point but its obvious, well thats why they always show us how ikjun keeps asking sun hwa to eat together. 

then suk hyung's mom still loves her husband, thats why his mother dont want to divorce. and where is his father's mistress when suk hyung's father is in coma.

I'm also more admiring dr.jang, she works really hard, I think she will become a great doctor like the fab 5, also dr.ahn, chu min ha, and dr.do (he is so funny when he's crying and quickly pretends to be sleeping when jwan enters).

sun hwa likes rain? she likes to looking at the rain. she's so cool when she's making a wish to the moon, she didnt wishes anything for her, she is perfectly fine with her condition now. 

and jwan, he's really madly in love with iksun. 

about jwon, I think something could happened so jwon could not become a priest, if God dont let it happens because its not supposed to be, first he suddenly fall in love and dont know what will happens later.

and today's band's song, I think the lyrics is simple but very romantic.

I read above postings about R88, my opinion is at first doek sun likes junhwan, but junhwan keeps hesitating and he is too slow but he also will be fine without doek sun, while taek he needs someone like doek sun in his life seeing how his character, so I think the story is kind of real.

• Like 3

Shin PD and his buddies Na PD are genius PD who always try different things creativity wise. If their new concept well recieved, they make series, hence Reply Series and Three Meals a Day Series. But they also experiment on new format. Coz I respect them so much and enjoying their works, I don't want to view their latest work only from their past works. Their past works will colour their new work for sure, that's given. But to say that coz it is their work so they will recycle their tropes or their old recipes... I my self choose not to use that perspective to enjoy this drama, I want to respect their creative endeavour. But for others who want to use previous work as perspective, to each his own.

Fact that there are something new, this show was planned for multi-season, with Netflix investment to boot. High production value for sure. Also that the character are in their almost forties, unlike reply that has growing pain theme.

Like Prison Playbook with character in their 30s, there are more mature storyline. Like how what happen to Lee Jae Hyuk: that life can throw unexpected turn at you for the worst, but if you work hard and have your bestfriend and family behind your back, you're gonna be okay. I think we should focus on this rather than shipping. There are something new, story telling wise: the story are beyond pairing, life turbulence at 40s. So far, the other four already has big turn in their life. Seok Hyung with his family drama and divorce, Ikjun with his wife betrayal and divorce, Song Hwa with his boyfriend betrayal and cancer scare, and Jung Hwan when finally he find the one, they must deal with separation soon (LDR maybe?). I do think they deal with their problem maturely-wisely: hence wise doctor life?

The only one who haven't get the turbulence is Andrea. I don't think in the Duo previous work, there was character like Andrea, devout catholic with priesthood as life aspiration. From the beginning, him releasing his position in foundation, securing money flow and replacement candidate for his charity project - daddy long leg, hiring all his friend to work at Yulje: all was a preparation to let go his position in this secular world into the priesthood. Also he want to enjoy their friendship this year before his departure. He was already pass age limit in SK, so he planned to go to Italy, it is like it is now (this year) or never. His family were the one hindering his aspiration (brother and mom). Will everything happen according to his plan? Or life will throw unexpected turn for him? We'll see in the latest two episodes.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 4
  • Thanks 1

I see some comments saying that they are disappointed in Ikjun's action with roses, but if we see from Ikjun's POV, he doesn't have any ill intention. Being the person that he is, he's always full of ideas & thinks that things will always go the way he has planned (which is Gyeoul will assist him the surgery). Also coming from Ikjun's POV as a friend, he has known for a very long time how Jwon has always been --> Ikjun barely see him with any girls which means that  Jwon is inexperienced in relationships. 

The whole flower simulation was to give a bigger nudge to Jwon as he's less experienced in relationships, he may try his best to bury his feelings. 

Hence, he said, let's gamble --  at the very least he has tried for his best friend.

As much as Ikjun has been pictured as a nutjob, he really reminds me a lot of Chandler from Friends. They have no ill intention, they are a growing & well-developed character. How Ikjun recognized his mistakes is parallel to Chandler's realizing how he has been wrong all along when it comes to relationship. Both men are willing to learn and they are both good at their job. (LOL minus the fact that Chandler hates his own job).

I'm open to the ideas of FlowerGarden as much as the idea of WinterGarden. But as of this point, I'm more of a WinterGarden, but I somehow feel like Jwon might be Songhwa's first love. The dynamics of WinterGarden are the ones who compliment one another. At this point, it's about time Jwon realized his calling as a doctor & by doing so is a pleasant offering to God :blush:

I do have a feeling that the child abuser  will make a comeback. Not sure how, but WHY DO I FEEL LIKE THEY WILL PULL A SHOW... like in Grey's Anatomy how DEREK SHEPHERD GOT SHOT BY A DEAD PATIENT'S HUSBAND. 

Any of you here remember that scene from Grey's Anatomy? 

ANDDDD! AS FOR OUR GIRL MINHA! SHE IS smoooooootttth.

As of yesterday's episode, Seokhyeong might not have feelings for her, but after Minha told him about her feelings & told him to be cool about it, Seokhyeong will eventually pay more attention to Minha and most likely think more of her. This will make the man see her in a different light than before (which is, as a potential lover). 

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, ryanallright said:

Re-watch the 60 sec preview of ep 11

is that JWon beside SHwa at 28sec marks?wonder what happened

Looks like they are all in a karaoke room. Is it too much to ask for another performance like Aloha? LOL. Yeah both JWon and JWan looks drunk. I'm curious about what Song hwa did without telling the gang. Is she going to leave the hospital? But she just promised JWon that she would take over the Daddy long legs program....hmmm. She is also seen wearing a cervical collar in the other preview. Wonder what happened. Sigh. 

18 minutes ago, cdew said:

.any of you here remember that scene from Grey's Anatomy? 

I vividly remember that whole ep. LOL. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, kokodus said:

También se la ve usando un collarín cervical en la otra vista previa. Me pregunto qué pasó. Suspiro. 

I've seen that maybe it's because of the time she spent with Ikjun with his head on SongHwa's shoulder

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dramageek said:

I think we should focus on this rather than shipping.

Ha, its easier to be said than done. Most theories from this drama, whether in this forum or others, put much focus on shipping. Even their marketing baits viewers with shipping, lol. 

Tbh, I think Im one of the minority here thats mostly here because of the romance (re: Winter Garden). But thats because most of the time I just dont care much about the daily activities and some of the patients' story, and the friendship is just not as exciting as MAGIC from Grey's Anatomy. 

And I agree with @kokodus here. Just because they set it up for 3 seasons, doesnt mean they can just build up something from scratch however they want. Whats the point if viewers watching it from season 1 then? Slightly OOT, but this is exactly what some X Men fans complain about: the next movie sometimes is in a very different universe (Logan) or cancels the previous movies (DOFP, Dark Phoenix), making it seem pointless to follow the foundation from the start.

If they build another set up from a scratch, it will be either a brave move, or a mistake that can lose some viewers.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

30 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Looks like they are all in a karaoke room. Is it too much to ask for another performance like Aloha? LOL. Yeah both JWon and JWan looks drunk. I'm curious about what Song hwa did without telling the gang. Is she going to leave the hospital? But she just promised JWon that she would take over the Daddy long legs program....hmmm. She is also seen wearing a cervical collar in the other preview. Wonder what happened. Sigh. 

I think Song Hwa wearing that neck brace becoz IJ sleep on her shoulder when in taxi. maybe she's too nervous, when IJ sleep on her shoulder. :lol::lol:

N I wonder why IJ go home in same taxi with her when he drunk.. she can call a taxi for him or call a substitute driver if he brings his car. :lol::lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Ah now i noticed, but the mood in the karaoke room seem sad from the preview.

• Like 2

Just now, ryanallright said:

Ah, ahora me di cuenta, pero el ambiente en la sala de karaoke parece triste por la vista previa.

I think when she carries Ikjun on her shoulder it's not because of karaoke, but when they went out to eat in a group

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ryanallright said:

Re-watch the 60 sec preview of ep 11

is that JWon beside SHwa at 28sec marks?

wonder what happened 

Wow.. they are very serious about JWon and SHWa as a couple

ha ha. this is new alright

CH-SHwa-IJ

IJ-GY-JW

JW-SHwa-IJ

this is a pentagon with diagonals