[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

4 hours ago, KDramaFan0828 said:

Seeing this tweet made me think that JWon is “sick” or constantly having headaches because he is confused with what he wants and is having trouble really following his heart (wherever it may be). What he said to Songhwa might be his subconscious talking to himself.

So, he is not doing what he likes?

He doesn't like saving puppies?

lol.. nah!.. or is headache because he can't deal with the fact that he is cheating on god and harbouring a secret crush (on my SH :P ) .. on whoever!

5 hours ago, nrllee said:

Yes.  That’s one beautiful relationship. To find each other again in the latter part of their lives.  I like how Ju even conspired with Rosa and gave her ideas on how to deal with Andrea :lol:.  Their relationship reflects Andrea and SHwa. Mature and supportive.  They can rely on each other.  MiDo mentions in her interview that Andrea is someone she can rely on.  She repeated that line during the conversation at the restaurant when talking to the residents about dating colleagues.  Slip of the tongue maybe?? :lol:

Capt Ahn is being set up for SeonBin I think.  Both responded to the intern in similar fashion.  Yong made him feel worse. 

Who is SeonBin??

He is druggie's boyfriend. Don't mess with that. "Ouri" druggie should be out of prison this time :)

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. This is the last time I will merge your posts - next time you'll receive a official warning.
  • LOL 2

Wow... Seems like this forum start to getting heat. Relax guys... And please do no too harsh with Gyeowool. So far the drama has shown beautifully Gyeowool's growth as a doctor, and there are 2 episode + 2 seasons left, I am sure the writer have enough room to show new side of Gyeowool other than her loveline in next ep/next season. It's Lee Writer's style to show her character's arc by peeling off the layer of her characters one by one. And she have the ability to write the grounded development of her characters which made viewers feel relatable with her characters. So I will believe with Lee's work :)

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Ketu R said:

But again maybe am reading it all wrong and you are al right but to me a flower garden pairing right now would just be a shock for the sake of twist. Not to mention lazy writing to have never shown their scenes before. 

That’s your opinion.  Free world.  Would it change if she did an epilogue and add scenes to the missing narrative?  Like she’s done in the past?  That’s her style yeah?  Or at least that’s what I think it is?  Didn’t she do that with the Reply series?  To splice scenes?  We see it in the Previews here?  They splice it so it gives you a false impression?  When has it ever been as it seemed?  Personally I think her writing is brilliant.  Which is why so many keep coming back to watch despite being disillusioned after her previous works.  It’s her choice.  We’re just spectators.  She can choose to do what she wants.  Whether to shock or to troll or to give the audience exactly what they expect.  Her prerogative.  Her canvas.  Some have mentioned they would not come back for S2 or watch her dramas again.  That’s a pity but again, free world.  You can walk away and watch other dramas.  Plenty of other writers who will write what suits your fancy.  I am coming back to watch her work even if I get it all wrong.  I love this writer-PD duo.  Whether I am right or wrong has no bearing whatsoever on how I view their work.  

@enigmatic_zephy

Who is SeonBin??

did I get her name wrong?  The female NS resident.  The one at lunch with a SHwa and Capt Ahn.  I love how the lawyer for SH’s mom has a gf who is a “prison guard”. :lol:.  I feel like the Cilantro and JWan was an ode to something?  Was it in PP?  

Disclaimer - just because I am seeing what I am seeing (FlowerGarden) should have no bearing whatsoever on IkSong or WinterGarden?  Think of me as eccentric or incoherent?  Don’t mind my rambling.  It’s just a minority opinion?  Why let it bother you?  You’re confident in your own opinions yeah?  So continue talking about IkSong and WinterGarden.  We’ll see what writer nim has in store for us this season and the next 2.  I don’t mind reading your opinions.  They are valid ones too?  Given your perspectives?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Based on kakao tv, the top 3 most viewed segment of last night ep were:

1st: Ikjun train announcement

2nd: Min-ha confession

3rd: Ikjun subtle confession

Mido and Parasol OST drama ver

So I assume these r their role:

JMD - leader/bass

JJS - vocal/guitar

JKH - lead guitar

YYS - drum

KDM - keyboard

:lol::lol:

• Like 5

I don't think Andrea wanting to be priest is running away from something. Rosa herself said that he want to be priest since childhood. It's just that his brothers and sisters beat him first. I think it is only natural that parent want their child to get married and give them grandchildrens. They are from wealthy family with medical foundation, there is a need for an heir (even though for now the situation was resolved). So Rosa, having lost her other four children to God, naturally want Andrea to choose different path. Actually now is Mom vs God. Even if Andrea has feeling for GU or SH, it will not be main factor preventing him to pursue priesthood.

If being a priest was Andrea wish since childhood, I can see why he still a virgin till now, never act on his feeling for women (if there were any). So I do not think if Andrea will revert his decission only for woman sake. Something will happen to his mom in the future that will made him revert his life trajectory, like how Seok Hyung did. The woman of his choice will be related to his mom case. Jo Jong So health also don't look so good, maybe in the future he can no longer run the foundation, so Andrea must step up to the job. We'll see...

• Like 5

Hello co-viewers. I want to join the topic after watching yesterday but I love the episode too much that I don't want to ruin it by creating a post-reasoning. I just want to enjoy it the way it was presented.

But because this is the first time i tuned-in to a weekly episodes of a Kdrama, and Thursday can't come too soon. I'm sharing my own observations.

I think the general feel is that everyone is happy about the episodes and we welcome those happiness. The love and good feelings.

Most of us are smitten with the pairings of Ik-Jun/SongHwa; Gyeu-wool/Jeung-won and most of us are happy about these pairings and who wouldn't be? If it's in real life, If someone is happy, we should also be happy. It doesn't always happen but yeah as a rule, we should refrain from forecasting rain on someone else parade.

But this is a drama, it's a product of one person or persons creativity. He/She can change/re-write the story which can be open to other factors and influence.

For me the episode is about TIME

TIME - Car scene with Ro-sa and Jung-soo. Jung soo said "Time is Key, If you can't find a solution now, If you avoid the problem as long as possible, things could change in time." Is this in reference to IkJun's feeling for SongHwa, how he waited 20 years and only now slowly revealing his feelings... But 20 years is a long time to express your feelings. Why did he waited that long. is it because he's not sure about her feelings? I guess, Ik-Jun, the definition of a Perfect Man were scared to be rejected. that's why he doesn't go after a girl, they come to him. And why he's scared about being rejected by SongHwa, perhaps because he knows who SongHwa really likes and it's not him?

When SongHwa stood up to open the window, excitement on her face looking at the rain. Ik-Jun was left seating down, was he sad? Melancholy perhaps?  Yes, he revealed his feelings, but it's more of a closure than wanting to go further. Him battling his feelings for her for 20 years, finally found the courage to reveal. was he the Lion toy facing his fears with a brave heart?

again Jung-soo's time is Key approach, the problem will not go away. it will still be there but time will lessen the impact to one's feelings/reactions. Like if you're scared of a spider when you were young. as you grow older and learn to understand, you will be less scared, but it doesn't change the fact that the subject is still a spider and you're still scared of it but only a little :)

In other words, I don't buy IkJun-SongHwa's pairing ;) The scene in the restaurant when SW and CH egging Seok-Bin and Seon-Bin to reveal that they are dating and when they finally agree, the reaction was: CH 'as if anyone would buy that; SW: 'Who would believe that.' So, is the writer trying to say something different from the obvious? is she playing on us? 

Next on: The Winter-Garden...i'm happy for Winter, her time is coming... but I think the Garden will be covered with snow by then. I can see Winter is slowly shifting her feelings... I would be too if someone is always there to support me, cheering me up, giving me food, buying me coffee, even if that person has to go out of his way to find the nearest convenient store on a rainy day... giving me a bunch of red flowers and chocolate candies, even for the wrong reason this is being done to me, I would gladly accept this attention and transfer my feelings immediately. Who needs a big wide smile and simple Hello. When I can have the whole romantic feels from another person. ;) Perhaps it's the reason why she declined when IkJun said about having a coke with Jeung-won? Different reaction from previous episodes when IkJun said that JW staying at his house and she eagerly asks for an invitations... this time, she declined an opportunity to be with JW. A change of heart? and has anyone notice the way she used informal speech with IkJun. He may be helping her as a bridge to her lovelife but He's still her senior. Not unless, Netflix is removing the honorifics translation ;)

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

Different reaction from previous episodes when IkJun said that JW staying at his house and she eagerly asks for an invitations... this time, she declined an opportunity to be with JW. A change of heart? and has anyone notice the way she used informal speech with IkJun. He may be helping her as a bridge to her lovelife but He's still her senior. Not unless, Netflix is removing the honorifics translation

She indeed has changed her mind because JWon lied to her about the reason he couldn’t buy her dinner. She has decided to let go of this crush although she still likes him. 

As for informal speech, I thought so too from earlier episode, but someone here had confirmed that she still uses formal speech with IkJun. 

In the meantime, please enjoy this OST 

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

I want Andrea to become a priest. It's his lifelong dream. We mere laypeople think differently, see things in a worldly lens. But the greatest romance for him is to offer his life to God. He has already fallen in love, and his career as a doctor is a testament to that. But you know what would stall him from fulfilling his dream in December? It's not his mom, it's not our Winter baby. It's Covid-19. :joy:

• Like 3
  • LOL 10

10 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

When SongHwa stood up to open the window, excitement on her face looking at the rain. Ik-Jun was left seating down, was he sad? Melancholy perhaps?  Yes, he revealed his feelings, but it's more of a closure than wanting to go further. Him battling his feelings for her for 20 years, finally found the courage to reveal. was he the Lion toy facing his fears with a brave heart?

Next on: The Winter-Garden...i'm happy for Winter, her time is coming... but I think the Garden will be covered with snow by then. I can see Winter is slowly shifting her feelings... I would be too if someone is always there to support me, cheering me up, giving me food, buying me coffee, even if that person has to go out of his way to find the nearest convenient store on a rainy day... giving me a bunch of red flowers and chocolate candies, even for the wrong reason this is being done to me, I would gladly accept this attention and transfer my feelings immediately. Who needs a big wide smile and simple Hello. When I can have the whole romantic feels from another person. ;) Perhaps it's the reason why she declined when IkJun said about having a coke with Jeung-won? Different reaction from previous episodes when IkJun said that JW staying at his house and she eagerly asks for an invitations... this time, she declined an opportunity to be with JW. A change of heart? and has anyone notice the way she used informal speech with IkJun. He may be helping her as a bridge to her lovelife but He's still her senior. Not unless, Netflix is removing the honorifics translation ;)

Seok Hyung went to him when he was broken hearted after being rejected by Song Hwa. Ik Jun was meant to meet Song Hwa that night but he had cancelled because of Seok Hyung. My guess is that he decided to take a step back out of respect for Seok Hyung, and eventually it became easier to just keep his feelings in so not to ruin the friendship between the 3 of them. During the time when he met his wife, Song Hwa has been dating too (just without marriage in mind) so it is likely that its the classic reason of missing the timing. He may think it was a good idea to just accept that they are friends then and get on with their lives, until of course now - after a failed marriage, years wiser about making the right decisions and learning more about following his heart. 

I could be wrong, but I do think and hope this will be revealed in the next few remaining episodes or in season 2, when he and song hwa would have a heart to heart or flashbacks again during one of the band's song. 

Since Jeong Won lied and didn't meet her, Gyeo Ul has been keeping her distance and keeping things only professional. She is trying hard to do so and it strikes to me that she is not the type of girl that would still relentlessly go after the guy even after an indirect no. So it is quite self explanatory why she kept declining anything Ik Jun tried to set up with Jeong Won, the same way she resorted to silence when Ik Jun asked her if she still likes him. I understand that you would accept if you are presented with the same scenario because that is  how you would do it, but Gyeo Ul is Gyeo Ul . Instead of putting her in your shoes, it would be better to try to put yourself in her character's shoes - maybe it would make sense the why she did what she did and the decision she made. 

When she asked Ik Jun to invite her over, that was before she had made the move to ask him for a date. Prior to getting rejected, she was also okay with Ik Jun being obvious about her feelings towards Jeong Won. All that changed after because she has a lot of respect for herself and of the other person. 

If I understand Korean culture correctly, dropping honorifics is only possible when the senior first mentioned that it is okay. Or rarely wehn the junior would ask if it is okay to drop honorifics, it doesn't happen naturallly. In this case, considering how friendly Ik Jun is to the residents and how he favours Gyeo Ul also considering how much he has been her cheerleader, the drop honorifics would have already happened. Most importantly it shows their bond is comfortable and trustful. There are also real life couples either married or dating for a long time have not dropped honorifics. 

• Like 12
  • Love 6
  • Insightful 2

19 hours ago, Ketu R said:

I think flowergarden is almost a impossible ship now. Andrea said it's not song hwa almost too emphatically. It seemed to be a direct indication to the fans. Just my opinion. 

We still have hope chingu...I think I'm the one who shipping Flower Garden...but if Flower Garden not end game...yeah I accept it but I still love Flower Garden

• Like 2
  • Love 3

38 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

and has anyone notice the way she used informal speech with IkJun. He may be helping her as a bridge to her lovelife but He's still her senior. Not unless, Netflix is removing the honorifics translation ;)

Sorry to cur your post. From what i hear she still uses formal speech to IJ. She even uses formal speech with her bff Min Ha. I think it's part of her character, being polite in speech (speaking in jondaemal) to everyone.

• Like 9
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

I believe people need to stop accusing the pd and writer if they can't understand her writings, his directing and their visions for this drama. Lazy writing? Cheap tricks? For the sake of what, plot twist? Really? Because why? Because the duo's projections don't match yours truly? They make this into a 3 frigging seasons drama and you expect them to roll everything in the first and second acts? We may have 36 total episodes. Did that FACT get totally washed away into oblivion? 36 episodes are a very long long way to go. Not even half way in 1 season. Anything can happen - new development, continuous development or a stunted development, ANYTHING. Open your horizon. The only one with barely any flashbacks to explain his backstory is Jwon. Then shwa. Then shyeong. Didn't you notice flashbacks are cuts instead of the full versions i.e. you get shwa, IJ & Jwan attending interview. Where were Jwon and Shyeong? Answer - yet to be revealed. So what would you do? Wait, of course! You can't just think it is a nonexistence. Did you not wait when they reveal the missing pieces from the orientation night i.e. that Shwa, IJ and Jwan were there too and walked out earlier than Shyeong and Jwon? You think we're gonna get everything in season 1 with just 12 ep? Think again. This duo break the flashbacks into pieces of puzzle which they will only fit those pieces back together, at their own sweet time, to give us the whole picture. And you won't get those in just 12 episodes. It doesn't work that way.

The most logical is to develop the story of the five, spreads across 3 seasons. The five are the MAIN leads. No two or three way about it. They all have a fair share of screen times. Let them grow throughout the 3 SEASONS. Let them go through their variations, whatever it may be.

I really, sincerely appreciate the brains behind this drama. They did really well. They taught me a lot, to think using my brain, to focus on what they want me to focus on in order to follow their directions without getting lost in the unnecessaries. They have planned well for the future direction of the drama across 2 or even 3 seasons. Their framework has been laid out nicely in the first two episodes, working in great details on it. I can see that and the PD SAID so. They worked their a** off to make this drama a masterpiece. If fans want to ignore that fact, so be it. But to look down on the team of their hardworks for the sake of broken feelings, oh well, ask yourself. I reserve  further comment.

You can enjoy the drama any way you want. But give respect when it is due, not based solely on emotions. 

• Like 11
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Kathy345 said:

Finally! I found the end credit song!

I don't know if any of you is waiting for it but I kept searching for it since day 1. :D :D :D 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oksNjjNb7UU

Oops, I don't know why it is not showed as subbed here?

They just uploaded live version

@miracle23 

This is why I don't wanna focus too much on romance. Too many posts on various ships lead to different viewpoint and conflicts.

I have my bias but I am trying to avoid posting too much on them.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, nrllee said:

That’s your opinion.  Free world.  Would it change if she did an epilogue and add scenes to the missing narrative?  Like she’s done in the past?  That’s her style yeah?  Or at least that’s what I think it is?  Didn’t she do that with the Reply series?  To splice scenes?  We see it in the Previews here?  They splice it so it gives you a false impression?  When has it ever been as it seemed?  Personally I think her writing is brilliant.  Which is why so many keep coming back to watch despite being disillusioned after her previous works.  It’s her choice.  We’re just spectators.  She can choose to do what she wants.  Whether to shock or to troll or to give the audience exactly what they expect.  Her prerogative.  Her canvas.  Some have mentioned they would not come back for S2 or watch her dramas again.  That’s a pity but again, free world.  You can walk away and watch other dramas.  Plenty of other writers who will write what suits your fancy.  I am coming back to watch her work even if I get it all wrong.  I love this writer-PD duo.  Whether I am right or wrong has no bearing whatsoever on how I view their work.  

@enigmatic_zephy

did I get her name wrong?  The female NS resident.  The one at lunch with a SHwa and Capt Ahn.  I love how the lawyer for SH’s mom has a gf who is a “prison guard”. :lol:.  I feel like the Cilantro and JWan was an ode to something?  Was it in PP?  

Disclaimer - just because I am seeing what I am seeing (FlowerGarden) should have no bearing whatsoever on IkSong or WinterGarden?  Think of me as eccentric or incoherent?  Don’t mind my rambling.  It’s just a minority opinion?  Why let it bother you?  You’re confident in your own opinions yeah?  So continue talking about IkSong and WinterGarden.  We’ll see what writer nim has in store for us this season and the next 2.  I don’t mind reading your opinions.  They are valid ones too?  Given your perspectives?  

Again she has added post scripts for already built up stories. In reply 94 it was always trash oppa who was in na Jung's mind no matter how hard chilbong tried, in 88 taek and jungpal had equal chance cause it was never clear who she liked. Building an entire narrative post script, completely obliterating previous development is actually not her style. Actually there was one scene added in 88 which was that the taek kiss that happened was not a dream but actually happened. Nothing else was added to the past timeline. In 94 only wedding scenes and reveal of his trash oppa name was added again it was not significant plot points. From what I have observed. What would the point be of bringing in a twist that would just be a plot device to make viewers tune in for second season?

Again am not being dumb or vague I get your explanations. It's just that there are so few scenes to back up this pairing that am genuinely confused. Building an entire relationship based on clues not scenes is the issue I have. 

But like you say I do like reading differing opinions, but when characters are treated with disdain just to make others look better I have a problem. Not saying you do that no please understand. But I often read(exp in the other blog that was just vicious) ik jun and gyo wool hate post and that rubs me off wrong. Like both are purposely being dumb for the sake of it, they are aggressive, they are losers who do not deserve their respective loves. Everyone deserves love especially in the fab five all of them are fabulous in their own way. I did not like gye wool in the beginning but now she is completely grown on me so much that am shocked. Now if flowergarden were to happen it would actually make ik joon appear stupid and pigheaded not to mention completely heartbroken.  Why would the writer choose to treat the beloved character like that? 

One thing about this writer am absolutely certain about is she never makes people seem stupid for the sake of it. Both chilbong and jungpaul were treated with complete respect they did not misunderstand or misread their romances. They know where they stood and still they loved the girl fiercely. The reason people had a hard time accepting their heartbreak. 

I think am rambling on too much. Sorry again if I offended anyone. 

• Like 12
  • Sad 1
  • Love 5
  • Thanks 2

That is what people are losing from the complete offerings of the drama @ryanallright

Romance is just a part of their lives. Like each of us. The bigger picture is how the 5 interact with their surroundings, how they handle their crises, how they deal with their pains, sorrows, happiness, promises etc., how they inspire people around them, how they move on with their lives. Aren't those a complete package, the bigger picture that are most satisfying to watch? This is not a teenage drama. The 5 are in their earlier 40s. Their perspectives and approaches towards life will be different. Those are the interesting aspects I look forward to. Also, I want to know the writer's view of a love that has gone through a passage of time either to be reunited or finally crossed path. 

• Like 4

I think I know why Jeong won is having headaches. It's lung cancer metastasized to brain. Goshh. Stop smoking Jeong won ah. Ik Jun you too. This writer seriously have a thing for smoking. All the leads in her previous series had this habit (Not sure about Trash oppa. Haven't watched R94) It's ok if it's mentioned in the passing even I know most men especially in the med field smokes. But why show it in every ep. Tsk tsk. That conversation between Ikjun and Jeong won could have happened over a cup of coffee. And he could have crushed a disposable coffee cup to show his emotions. Hahahaha. 

@miracle23 Trust me no one hates this writer. We wouldnt be here every week if we hated the writer. People are just talking about the hypothetical situation if the storyline ever goes in a direction that is not in line with the narrative we have had so far. I personally have been burnt by this writer from R88. But i am still here, so yeah, plot twists can happen but it should be within reason and make sense. 

• Like 19
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

@kokodus it will make sense given 3 seasons. I have faith. 12 ep are not enough to explain everything. If people expect everything to unravel in just 12 ep, then plotline will get messy and unrealistic. That's just logic. My whole point on the matter. ^^

Cheers!

• Like 2