[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

Btw guys, i know i’ve been spamming this thread for hours, but it’s because i really really really love this whole episode! And i think that’s only possible because i like all the characters here, so i can enjoy the drama to the fullest

Why am i saying this? this drama is truly a gem, all scenes are brilliantly and beautifully made, sooo much meanings, full of emotions,

So i think it’s such a waste if you failed to enjoy this drama due to hate toward any character or pairings

Just a friendly reminder :lol:

• Like 8
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 1

IkJun and Song hwa's secenes are so domestic and yet it makes my heart flutter. Why is that? Usually in other dramas, only when couples hold hands, hugs or kisses I get this heart fluttering feeling. But this is the only show because I have such low expectations, seeing my couple eat together or say "Hello" to each other makes my heart race crazily. LOL. This was such a satisfying ep but I'm already scared that they will pull some plot twist or something and sink all my ships. Sighhh. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1

Hi Everyone :D I'm a silent reader but I enjoy reading you all. 

Well, I've bought everything PD-nim sold me, I mean Ikjun-Songhwa, Andrea-gyeoul, but once again, I know Reply series so I'm open to any possible pairing. 

About today's episode, I feel like PDnim gave us more possibilities for flowergarden and less for wintergarden. It's highly possible that flowergarden might be the end game, I got convinced with that "Let's get married" line and its similarities with R88 

Also the way Andrea talks to SongHwa reminds me of Chilbong talking to Nayeong.:wub:

I've always seen Ikjun as an older brother to Gyeoul, and I still do, so if they ended up being a couple, It'll be kinda forced to me

I really tried to watch them as a couple, with that on mind, the scenes I can think of is Ikjun asking for who's that "boyfriend", also when Jeongwon greeted Gyeoul, in banmal speech, I sense a lil bit of jealous IJ, I might be wrong, Idk I just can't see them as a couple :sweatingbullets:

There's also the roses, chocolates... 

EYAaWN4XkAAv_BK?format=png&name=small

EYAaWN4XkAEeQij?format=png&name=small

IJ said "don't ed up like me"  It's about IJ regrets of losing his first love Songhwa? So it means: Jeongwon don't lose SHwa don't end up like me?  This whole scene is about Jeongwon thinking of giving up on priesthood and choose love... but who's that love?

Is IJ unconsciously helping flowergarden ship to sail? he wanted wintergarden ship to sail tho

Also at the band scene, right after Andrea sings, the camera focus on SHwa...

So if Andrea has feelings for SHwa, I still don't understand why he's more comfortable with gyeoul, those smiles and banmal...it's all about mentor-mentee relationship?  

Spoiler

EYAhpdTWoAAEkJb?format=png&name=small

Gyeoul-ah, I'm sorry darling but I think you're right:(

The wintergarden/IJ-SHwa shipper inside me is really sad, both couples have a great chemistry so it's gonna be a waste  :sweatingbullets:

So I decided not to ship anyone, and enjoy the friendship and humor, also the doctor-patient thing

I'm still waiting for a scene that can show us how great Jang Gyeoul is, the same they've portrayed Mina and Jaehak, why her scenes have to be only about his one sided love? I want to know more about her. I love the actress and the character itself, I wish PDnim show us her growth as a professional and as a person. I'm wishing for a scene with Uju as well, maybe season 2 

I'm loving this drama so I read this forum, also another sites, blogs, twitter threads, and stuff. I have to say this, I've seen some comments and opinions written here, quoted in other sites just to make fun of it and being treated as a delulu shipper.  I mean, that's no right, it's ok to think different but please don't make fun of others opinions just because they think different as you. 

Have a nice day you all ^_^

Edited by triplem
4th image (Pic, YT, IG, twitter) onwards needs to go into spoiler. TQ
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

Progress on the relationships front

IJ “proposes“ to Jang with flowers (he is her acting “bf” in that whole scene).  All the GS professors congratulate her (and IJ is delirious).  He even acts like the jealous bf when she picks Andrea’s surgery (Andrea nonplussed by all the fuss), IJ looks hurt and storms out.  They have a “make up” scene - he looks all pissed with her when they next meet, she chooses to stay with him rather than Andrea in pediatrics. :lol:  IJ gives Jang chocolate in an intimate scene that parallels IS/JWan. :wub: When IJ sings his part, the scene that plays is his “confession” scene with flowers to Jang.  :lol:

IJ and SHwa dynamic (domestic house scene).  There’s definitely something there but it looks to be one sided.  He talks about having meals with her as his treat (low key confession).  Unfortunately for him, her “treat” for herself involves logs (linking her back to the man who approved of her wood stove purchase and carried the item for her to her office) - parallel domestic situation.  :lol:.  The blurring rain camera pan with distant figures is indicative of this dynamic.  No clarity, the lines in the rain.  

MinHa and SH - you go girl.  No wallflower moves for you.  Or utilising deceit as a tool like IJ (self proclaimed Jang love life  manager :lol: -

this could also mean he is the one to give her that love).  Forthright and to the point.  Brave and open.

IS and JWan.  Poor JWan.  I do like how he responded to her not breaking the news to him first.  He didn’t yell at her or get mad.  He was obviously hurting inside :tears: despite his bravado.

And finally thank you writer Nim for giving us what we FlowerGardeners have been waiting for all this time.  A marriage proposal hidden. A domestic scene where he carries their worldly possessions into their new “abode” (her office). He hands over his most precious DLL program (his heart) to her and she accepts.  Mirror scene (window/rain with IJ - blurred, distant with no clarity) and (coffee table/coffee cups with Andrea - clear, close ups and intimate).  A hug as they exit the office leaving IJ.  Shared dreams, shared values (both are other centred individuals), talk about children.  And when Andrea sings his confession, the camera pans on her too, I saw what you did there!  :lol:  Match made in heaven. :wub:.  We will wait patiently till S3 Writer Nim.  Thank you for tonight.  Beautifully done. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Couple of interesting things happened:

1. "Ouri"

Everytime anyone said "Ouri" it was intimate, and actors in the scene make it a point to address it. It happened 3 or 4 times in ep 10. However, there is only one time that the "ouri" flows under radar - nobody questions it!

That only time is when IJ calls GY "ouri" when him and JW was smoking outside. and JW has no reaction to it (literally director underplays that scene) --- the fact that writer took so much pain to call out "ouri" in every scene it was used, it is weird that she chooses not to call this one out

( EDIT: of course this could be to build up importance of word Ouri in Korean society and supposed to convey to audience that JW would have got affected even though his expressions don't show it because IJ used it for GY OR it just shows how much subconsciously IJ loves (platonically) GY)

2. Another one off case

10 episodes and zero SHwa-JW scenes. But, writer chooses to have a very interesting SHwa-JW scene and showed multiple things-

My precious to you

JW wants to pass on his legacy to SHwa and not to others or SH (who should be his love of this life :P ) - tells her about daddy long legs and wants her to continue it (a legacy that is most precious to him, he wants to hand it over to her)

We are close

the arm around her and she leaning on him. We have seen SHwa act cute only one other time - when IJ asks her to recite her spell and eat slowly (but that is disciplining), whereas JW-SHwa - that was natural reaction

Also, suddenly they are very close. With no common scenes, or him coming originally with someone else and Shwa would be there or would join later... very very suspicious to get their closeness towards the end of season 1

"Let's get married - JW i dunno, but SHwa's reaction is so bang on.. and it is not non romantic

Marrry SHwa

When mommy says marry someone- SHwa, he does not deny it. Topic changed.

Song:

When JW's verse starts, camera straight away brings SHwa in to focus.

Now, this same thing happens once again towards the end, but camera focuses on JWan. But, they can't keep using same trick again and again. However, rewatch the scene... that zoom in is VERY WELL PPANNED

IJ:

- We know he is wrong about every guess (wife affair, sister affair, any love affair) - chances are he is reading JW wrong, but i like GY if she wants to be stuck on JW, then what can we do

- guy is smooth and i can see how popular he must have been back in school. Even boys are in awe of him.

- he loves SHwa. While he does these things for GY but don't get romantic vibes.. their relationship is strictly of a senior-junior, and when you are so fond of your junior that you will go that extra mile (e.g. suits)

Edited by triplem
Merged consecutive posts
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

32 minutes ago, nrllee said:

Mirror scene (window/rain with IJ - blurred, distant with no clarity) and (coffee table/coffee cups with Andrea - clear and intimate)

personally i think this is the most intimate scene of this episode.. or even.. throughout this drama 

ezgif-4-a3cf2e69ec2b.gif

• Like 12
  • Love 6

Not trying to defend Ikjun in Gyeowool's flower scene at GS office, I personally think what he did is wrong. 
But I think this is just Ikjun's personality of wanting to help others personal problems, though sometimes his help is not always the good one. His caringness for other people's business sometimes can be felt overwhelming & crossing the line, and this is Ikjun's flaw. And we know that Gyeowool is so innocent in romance thing so she just followed what Ikjun told her to do LOL. 
I believe the writer will show development of Ikjun's character in good way :)

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

I am so convinced of ik joon song hwa that I really think i will be shattered if they dont happen. Cant see how it wont happen after this episode. I have never been wrong about a reply pairing before. Even though I liked jungpal I knew it was taek who was the husband almost 3rd episode itself. Why would they interview otherwise?I was always team trash. With both those I would have been ok with either outcome but with this one am sure I will be devastated cause it will make no sense to me to actually pair anyone else with song hwa. 

Ik joon said to andrea dont end up like me. He obviously regrets not proposing to song hwa before. Am sure he would do so soon.

Ok am so silly but I wrote a iksong fanfiction could not contain myslef. Stupid obsessive me wrote a ff with my broken English. Let me know if any of you are interested in reading..

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, loveiskim said:

personally i think this is the most intimate scene of this episode.. or even.. throughout this drama 

Yes, that was beautiful.  My heart broke for IJ this episode.  Just like the heavens weeping for him.  :tears:  She’s not going to return in kind.  It was obvious from their conversation.  There was no meeting of the minds.  She would’ve made a lovely mother for UJu but I guess it takes 2 to tango.  She has to accept him.  Unfortunately for IJ, it looks like she’s low key accepted Andrea.  He gave her his heart (Daddy Long Legs) and she said yes.  They talk marriage and kids in an intimate setting.  Future stuff.

• Like 2
  • Unamused 1
  • Insightful 1

Just finish with sub I’m more in love with dr jang :wub:

~ she can’t stop surprise these two :joy:

nearly Lee Ik Jun get heart attack
he probably trust work is work
 :D

15894851341589485128.gif

@andiamrea

that what he get from helping the love bird :joy:

15894857881589485782.gif

• Like 3
  • LOL 19
  • Love 2

I watched that ikjun confession for couple of times already, and cant get enaugh, its really sweet. Songhwa flustered face after that, lmao. She didnt realize that it was raining even after looking out to the window :rolleyes:

I dont really ship anyone since ep 8, but this two be making my heart flutter. 

Btw jeongwon sing that winter garden anthem :wub: cant wait for junwan and seokhyeong turn to sing~ 

• Like 10
  • Love 4

19 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Needless to say Ik-jun was my hero today. I honestly don't know how he does it. It boggles the mind. He's a single dad, leads the band, does a ton of surgeries at the drop of a hat, interact with patients, lectures, plays match-maker, plays big brother and even dishes out homespun truths where needed. Amazing. Does he even sleep?

This, he is like, to good to be true. Such a rare male lead quality with all the thing he can do. Usually male lead have all the ikjun trait but with cold personality or you know, not funny. While ikjun is smart, an extrovert, can do anything, friends with everyone, single dad, leader of the group, perfect with his jobs, gag king. Seriously, whats not to like?

• Like 9
  • Love 6

33 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

But the thing I appreciate most about him, especially in this episode, is how he supportive he is of Gyeo-ul. I love how he barracks for her and makes himself her cheerleader. I've been wondering for a long time why he's been trying to so hard to bring them together. And now we know... He wants good and happy things for her because she does it tough. She picked one of the toughest gigs in the hospital and slogged her way through her residency from the first year. She's does it all without murmuring but seems to relish the work. Our girl has guts.

Frankly I can't help feeling that what Ik-jun said in this episode about GU's work ethic was not for Jeong-won but for the audience, particularly the detractors of her character from Day 1. All the pile on from a small part of the fanbase because she doesn't fit their idea of the ideal person for JW. JW's certainly not the one with the problem with GU. He knows her and likes her. He's come a very long way from "she's not my cup of tea". That's so clear that it's leaking all over the place in spite of the conflict within.  Sometimes I feel that he's not even trying to hide it either. ;) I hope we can finally bury the whole notion that this has been a one-sided crush. Please.

I really loved how Ik-jun framed his counselling session with JW. ;) Yes, he could be construed as a busybody but the way he approached it... wanting the best for the two of them... that was the right tack. And it should be the case. He showed a fair bit of wisdom and drew from his own life experience. Despite what he said though, I don't think it's about God vs Gyeo-ul. ;)

I also really loved Jae-hak's arc today. I teared up when he was gifted the box of strawberries. And that thank you note undid me. I too feel that Jae-hak has come a long way under Jun-wan's tutelage since we first saw him. He has the bedside manners but he always seems to me to lack the drive. A deliberate contrast with Gyeo--ul, I would think.

@40somethingahjumma cut your post to the ones I would like to add or respond to. 

Anyone having a senior like Ik Jun as a mentor at work is really lucky. He doesn't only believe in her but he is also eager to groom her to her biggest potential potentially even to follow his footsteps or succeed him, he has also been providing her with opportunities through assisting him and even taking her side when needed. It trully shows a lot about Ik Jun's character when in addition to all this, he also is warm towards other residents, patients' family and get himself involved in some of the personal dilemmas and happiness too. I think this is realistic, but I know this kind is very rare nowadays. 

Aside from his passion towards work, what he said to Jeong Won about not ending up like him, makes me wonder if that was the main reason he was coping well being in a long distance relationship with his ex wife for many years, reacting somewhat still okay with the sudden divorce and only focusing on uju and his responsibilities at work. Perhaps he has been pretending and trying hard to keep himself and people around him happy despite not being with the person he trully loves. 

I am really pleased and proud of Jae Hak, in past episodes I didn't get the impression that he chose CS because of passion and although he showed a lot of empathy to the parents it didn't strike me that he actually enjoys and loves the job. Now, I realise even if CS is not exactly his original passion, but caring and saving his patients is the reason why he is in medicine. There is less story about his frugal behaviours and personal problems recently - I take it as a positive thing. 

@Ketu R I guess the mind would see, hear and think what the mind wants to believe.  I guess some people just enjoy and analyse things from a different angle. I don't know. 

My approach has always been to first try and understand the character and then interpret based on what is shown/focused by the story teller.  There are times when I predicted some things inaccurately, but generally, I've been able to follow the story or end game based on the story telling. :) Other than that it is just safer for me to leave other theories different to mine and one that doesn't make sense to me alone. Not everyone would see eye to eye and not everyone would want to try to see it another person's perspectives. 

• Like 13
  • Love 9

38 minutes ago, Ketu R said:

I think we all are watching a completely different drama when I read this thread. Like flowergarden just seemed so done to me this episode. Like writer telling fans it's not song hwa when andrea spoke to his mom. Andrea song hwa scene just was so friend vibe. Her smile for him and asking him to marry was just like a friend or even a sister. And this was there first ever proper scene together. Why would they be put together in such an unromantic way of they are endgame? Also ik joon giving gywool flowers pushing her towards andrea there wasnt even a hint of jealously. How would they end up toghether. ? I really dont get it. 

Andrea did not deny ik joon when he said you like gyewool dont you? If he really dint wouldn't he jump he immidately say no I dont. Why stay silent. Even after ik joon says you are even thinking about leaving presiethiod for her. If he had someone else on his mind wont he atleast tell ik joon he was wrong? 

Song hwa flew to ik joon when he called. Took care of uju like his mother and sat down to breakfast like his wife. Her face right after he said eating with you is my treat I saw tears. What are people not seeing?? It has been obvious from the start that song hwa considers ik joon more than a friend. They always have the most scenes that are of the romantic nature.

Am genuinely confused by this other read. With reply series I really understood fan wars there was serious developments for both camps. But here I see nothing. No offense meant to anyone. I am just expressing my shock at all these interpretations. When there is literally so little to go on. 

I couldn’t agree more. Exactly my thoughts. I always ask my hubby about his opinion because he’s always unbiased 

In reply 1994 he guessed the husband right  from the beginning 

Sometimes we’re mislead, maybe because we tend to overanalize everything? 

I don’t know, but this time I think it’s cristal clear :rolleyes:

• Like 15
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2