[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

1 hour ago, romancetrash said:

Lol, I just watched Korean doctors reviewing HP and they also root for Winter Garden, even wishing them to have kids!

I personally think if this season ends with Jungwon going to the seminary, he will come back because he realizes that medical practice is his true calling.

Anyway, happy Thursdsy people!

Just some thoughts on the more interesting pairings.

Ahn JeongWon and Jang Gwool need each other now, in order to propel his/her bearing up a notch.  GW is struggling to be a good doctor that she can be... always distracted, ever focused on this man alone.  So enter the temptress...if only to strengthen or weaken his resolve (now)... if he is meant for it or not. Like how Adam (and Eve) were tempted to bite the "hot apple" in the frigid WinterGarden of Eden.  :P 

BTW....before ordination (or after Seminary life) ... potential priests are given a grace period (or last chance to hit the bar or the brothel )...by sending them out into the real world to find/live the "earthly way of life" including taking a girlfriend/relationship, etc... short of a married life. Only then, that those who return committed... are ordained.

Switching gears on another Ahn...

Capt Ahn Chi-hong needs SeunghWa too... to grow (personally, and professionally). And SW just might need another man (out of the Fab4) up close... and by her side, and equally impressive to settle down. Who knows....for the next season..... as I've noticed a very interesting creativity on how the writer chose this military man to be in this field... for this is not the usual path to the profession. While it is no longer rare, it is still the harder and longer route to take. And when it does, it takes on an added aura/glory on its own.  

As an aside.... years ago, featured in 60Minutes... was a distinguished West Point Grad who went straight to fight in the Korean war, and earned medals for heroism in combat. Thereafter went to Med School...and later became a world renowned pioneering NeuroSurgeon at Mayo Clinic.  This is a noteworthy storyline, because Capt Ahn in NS, has some kind of similar illness as him. Nonetheless, I suspect the writer is using this template for this SeungHwa protegee to perhaps... achieve similar prominence despite the illness... And Dr Chae SeongHwa should reap the accolade with him as well....medical skills, romance or otherwise.

Finally, I am refreshed at the image of JeongWon (earlier ep), at the starting line of a marathon ....and then ran full speed against the crowd of runners... away from (or opposite) the finish line (a change of heart?)...as a bystander said...  "crazy".  Was this a metaphor for his new life...in medicine, personal or the clergy?   .... an omen GW wins?...  No?

To me, a marathon epitomizes life... because it is a struggle... 26 miles of pure struggle ... it is just too hard... and only determined ones cross the finish line. Whether it has correlation to anything must be my LockDown imagination on overdrive... or just weary eyes. ........

...ah nevermind.  :blink:

Edited by RWinger47
  • Like 6
  • Insightful 2

1 hour ago, RWinger47 said:

BTW....before ordination (or after Seminary life) ... potential priests are given a grace period (or last chance to hit the bar or the brothel )...by sending them out into the real world to find/live the "earthly way of life" including taking a girlfriend/relationship, etc... short of a married life. Only then, that those who return committed... are ordained.

Like an Amish Rumspringa?  Can you tell me where you sourced this information from?  Or is this hearsay?  I am not Catholic but I know for the Protestant Ministry, there is a “grace period” or more like Bible Colleges encourage students to work in the real world (have a normal job) and gain real world experience before deciding to go into Ministry full time.  But they are still bound by their Christian principles and morals?  It is NOT a licence to be hedonistic and to visit a brothel or have a one night stand or get blind drunk?  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, nrllee said:

Like an Amish Rumspringa?  Can you tell me where you sourced this information from?  Or is this hearsay?  I am not Catholic but I know for the Protestant Ministry, there is a “grace period” or more like Bible Colleges encourage students to work in the real world (have a normal job) and gain real world experience before deciding to go into Ministry full time.  But they are still bound by their Christian principles and morals?  It is NOT a licence to be hedonistic and to visit a brothel or have a one night stand or get blind drunk?  

No. It isn’t like a bachelor party at all. They have to show commitment and morals according to their status 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nrllee said:

Certainly,  they know their boundaries...but are allowed to experience what they want to experience... short of committing the horrible deeds....like breaking the commandments.

Because according to a priest...the devil/satan is strongest  (or super active) inside the church.

Yes... I am a Catholic.

Edited by RWinger47
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, nrllee said:

Not sure if it was posted before but OST for Ep 9 was this one.  Not Met By Chance which they band played.  I like the melancholy and introspection.   Perfect for Andrea.

I remember Shin PD saying that this song will be the main theme song for the drama so I listened to it a few times and read the english translation. For a drama that seems so chill and happy, I agree the song if full of melancholy. Though quite ironic I think the song still matches the drama well especially if they wish to emphasize its humanity. As discussed in some of the posts here, all of the characters are flawed. And as the song implies, we can work through all our flaws and move past our conflicts surrounded by the people we love and growing through relationships. If there’s one thing PDnim and writernim would bring from their past series for sure, it’s their talent in beautifully portraying various relationships:

Friendship

Romantic interest

Parent-child

Siblings

Mentor-Mentee

Between colleagues

Doctor-patient

We’ve already seen a lot of this and I’m sure there will be a lot more.  Definitely looking forward to witnessing the characters grow through these relationships. Can’t wait for the next episodes (a few more hours until the next one :lol:) and seasons.

Here’s the song with eng subs:D

• Like 10

2 hours ago, KDramaFan0828 said:

I remember Shin PD saying that this song will be the main theme song for the drama so I listened to it a few times and read the english translation. For a drama that seems so chill and happy, I agree the song if full of melancholy. Though quite ironic I think the song still matches the drama well especially if they wish to emphasize its humanity. As discussed in some of the posts here, all of the characters are flawed. And as the song implies, we can work through all our flaws and move past our conflicts surrounded by the people we love and growing through relationships. If there’s one thing PDnim and writernim would bring from their past series for sure, it’s their talent in beautifully portraying various relationships:

Friendship

Romantic interest

Parent-child

Siblings

Mentor-Mentee

Between colleagues

Doctor-patient

We’ve already seen a lot of this and I’m sure there will be a lot more.  Definitely looking forward to witnessing the characters grow through these relationships. Can’t wait for the next episodes (a few more hours until the next one :lol:) and seasons.

Here’s the song with eng subs:D

Yes. I put the link to the lyrics, though I think the translation could be not that accurate, certainly has a sad vibe. But I’m positive we will get happy ending for all our five99ers. Fighting :blush:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks!
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, RWinger47 said:

Certainly,  they know their boundaries...but are allowed to experience what they want to experience... short of committing the horrible deeds....like breaking the commandments.

So no fornication.  Unlike what you mentioned in your first post.  I would count visiting a brothel as definitely within the realms of commandment breaking.  

• Like 2

It was not JWon that said for IJ that he never was after a woman? even with his marriage it was his ex wife that chased him.

I am waiting to see in season 2 who will be the lucky one  that will make IJ to go out of his regular way

• Like 5
  • Love 1

46 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Why do I feel like it's IkJun who is being his crazy self and sent her those flowers to test Jeong won? LOL

That’s my guess too :lol:.  Prince Charming (he really is charming - literally) gives her BTS coffee and now flowers. 

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, kokodus said:
Still cuts for today's ep. So those are really flower bouquets. Nice. Why do I feel like it's IkJun who is being his crazy self and sent her those flowers to test Jeong won? LOL

Woow, I didn’t think about that possibility but that theory is very possible! :D

Another theory from twitter: maybe the flower bouquets is from the Mom who gave BTS coffee to Gyeoul in Ep 8.

Just hours to get the answer! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

EX9JlW0UYAArnfG?format=jpg&name=large

she kinda have/simmiliar vibes like yoona ,her posture,facial features.

btw dont want to ruin all your imagination. we all know lee woo jung scriptwriter.she loves plot twist.all her drama like reply,its all about plot twist. everyone said andrea dont want to dissapoint her mother will . not became a pastor and find a normal life.but what if it was worse than that. what if all dr ahn jeong won that never be seen had a girlfriend is totally gay. i mean weve never seen /told in the story he has gf/relationship like everyone else. just one side loved from dr jang. well if thats true dont be shock,its not the first time lee woo jung shocked all of us,i mean hoya in reply 1997 has long one sided love for seo in guk :lol:.

we all are doomed .

• Like 3
  • Love 4

Just now, ChunSungIm said:

she kinda have/simmiliar vibes like yoona ,her posture,facial features.

Hide contents

btw dont want to ruin all your imagination. we all know lee woo jung scriptwriter.she loves plot twist.all her drama like reply,its all about plot twist. everyone said andrea dont want to dissapoint her mother will . not became a pastor and find a normal life.but what if it was worse than that. what if all dr ahn jeong won that never be seen had a girlfriend is totally gay. i mean weve never seen /told in the story he has gf/relationship like everyone else. just one side loved from dr jang. well if thats true dont be shock,its not the first time lee woo jung shocked all of us,i mean hoya in reply 1997 has long one sided love for seo in guk :lol:.

we all are doomed .

I know right.

I also think that she somehow looks like Yoona from certain angle and also both of them have small bones and slim figure.

If you put more attention to her, you'll realize her shoulder is so small contract with ehem ehem Jeong ehem Won lol.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1