[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

hello again co-watchers. I went back to episode 1 to gain more understanding... If giving/drinking coffee are tell-tales, song-hwa bought coffee for Dr.Bong and they discussed about favours they did for each other's parents, could it be Dr.Bong is Song Hwa's senior ex-bf? 

Also, in the beginning Joon-wan and Jeong won works in a different hospital, Seok-hyon just arrived from the US, but it didn't say where Ik-Jun works before. He just happened to be at the hospital because of the stuck darth vader's hat and the doctor who was supposed to operate on the liver patient got involved in an accident so Song-Hwa pointed at him but he doesn't work in Julje hospital so where he came from? :)

• Like 1

On 5/1/2020 at 1:56 AM, Lalazhiii said:

You know how in hospital playlist outfit colors play a role in determining relationships?

Now look at this and tell me who are the only two with matching scrubs color :)))))))

I don’t believe the ship will ever be canon, im just being playful XD

Hi, unfortunately this promo picture (below) was one of the very early ones. It reflected how the 5 of them were in 4 different coloured scrubs ie they all were working for different hospitals. If you remembered only SH worked at Yulje initially. And both Jwan and Jwon had the same scrub since they were working together at the same hospital. Only at the end of ep1 they all started working together after Jwon offered them positions at Yulje. 

hahahah sorry no couple shipping just based on the matching scrub from this photo:sweatingbullets: 

Spoiler

hospital-playlist-tvn-cover-680x384.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

to add to my above posts...so maybe that's why Dr. Bong knows a lot about their friendship and noticeably he described Jun-wan as a jerk ( if netflix translation is correct) you wont say that not unless you have feelings invested. could it be because of Song-Hwa? 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Why does it have to be Jeong won

Because they want to keep trolling?  :lol:  We’ll see what they give us next episode.  IJ was the one who called her an angel from the car?  :lol:.  The fact that there are still so many wanting their love line (Jang/Andrea - it’s on top of the poll) to be pursued is saying something.  They’ve (PD and Writer) had ample opportunities to give it to the shippers with some hint at JeongWon returning in kind...but thus far, he hasn’t budged.  Last week it was a date offer.  This week a possible jealousy trope.  They’ve kept trolling.  They like keeping everyone on the edge of their seat and wondering.  How far can they keep this up and still have people believe that it will happen?  Even in the previews it sounds like IJ is taking SHwa for a car ride and there’s another awkward together scene between Jeong Won and Jang which could mean he’s finally starting to like her.  Let’s see if they repeat the formula with what they did this week to the audience.  It’s a study in how they do their dramas.  

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, Ameera Ali said:

@kokodus oppa was in the band rehearsal :joy:

Ahhhh I’m so glad JKH was at the band filming too... really missed him in that scene.

He was so desperate wanting to know how to sing like JJS lol. His comments are always so funny “I thought it was a wolf!”:lol: When JJS sang in falsetto LOL.

I’m really hoping he gets his own OST in this drama too. Throw in YYS and JMD in the mix as well! (I’m not sure if KDM sings too, anyone has any idea?)

• Like 2
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

to add to my above posts...so maybe that's why Dr. Bong knows a lot about their friendship and noticeably he described Jun-wan as a jerk ( if netflix translation is correct) you wont say that not unless you have feelings invested. could it be because of Song-Hwa? 

The way Dr. Bong talks about the life of SHwa and the rest of the lacking 5 is like that of a bystander or observer so I don’t think he was involved in SHwa’s lovelife. It’s like he’s sharing gossip so I doubt he’ll be that enthusiastic in gossiping about himself HAHA. Although it is true that he looks quite close to SHwa and has spent a good amount of time observing their group dynamics. ^_^

Maybe Dr. Bong and Bong Salon doubles as the creator’s way of poking fun at all of us who furiously observe every movement of the lacking 5 and make assumptions about their characters and interests but are sometimes (or more often than not) incorrect about our assumptions. :D

7e9a673ee7b825196a9ad3c9e1e0992ae6da88f6

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

I made promise with myself that I won't putting much emotion in shipping.

But, I found this fanmade video with tittle: "If An Jung-won has a crush on Jang Gyeoul?" :wub:

Aigoo, I didn't expect that many of their scenes could be turned very different like this :D

English translation for the song (All About You- Taeyeon)

Spoiler

Since when I saw you
Did you feel it was fate?

Like the stars in the night sky were shining
You've been around for a long time
Every time I think of a poem called 'you'
I want to memorize it so I can remember you
When the sad night comes, I'll protect you
Can you hear my heart?
Don't forget

In the passing season my heart
I know it doesn't change
Just the way you look at me
I think you have the whole world
Every time I think of a poem called 'you'
I want to memorize it so I can remember you
When the sad night comes, I'll protect you
Can you hear my heart?
Don't forget
Even when the day comes when the flowers bloom and fall
Just remember about this one
My heart to you
Someday we'll be
It may be a long way off
I could wait if I were you
I'll be standing here in time
Don't be hesitate
When that time comes

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

40 minutes ago, nrllee said:

They’ve kept trolling.  They like keeping everyone on the edge of their seat and wondering.  How far can they keep this up and still have people believe that it will happen?  

Maybe they're clowning us. Unless, the loveline is very clear ( serious relationship, wedding), we all gonna believe in our pairings. It ain't over till it's over. 

• Like 4

Daebak! Yoo Yeon Seok and Shin Hyun Bin are really close. I notice she hits him... a lot. So cute! I adore the constant bickering. It's such a fresh concept since we're not used to Winter Garden being all warm and fuzzy. Keep feeding us Yeon Seok-ah and Hyun Bin-ah!!! 

20200502-144441.gif

20200502-145800.gif

Spoiler

20200502-143454.gif

I'm a musical fan so I do have a special place in my heart for Jo Jung Suk and Jeon Mi Do. Especially Jo Jung Suk! He even played Moritz in Spring Awakening for crying out loud. One of the best musicals ever and one of the most beautiful characters in theater history. Go ahead and check it out. Theater actors are the best!!! :wub:

*I'm so excited for Gummy and Jo Jung Suk! Gummy is my childhood (because of my kpoping days). I love her so much. I remember hearing back then that she married an actor named Jo Jung Suk. He was a nugu to me, I didn't even know him. But now look at me fangirling over him. Thanks Hospital Playlist!!!

Spoiler

20200502-143954.gif

20200502-150742.gif

I came here because of Jung Kyung Ho, never thought I would end up falling for every single actor. Since Hospital Playlist, I watched Oh My Ghostess, Jealousy Incarnate and Misaeng (Kim Dae Myeong is such an adorable teddy bear). I've yet to watch a Yoo Yeon Seok drama though (online exams and all). Will Mr. Sunshine be too much for my weak heart? Oh! I hope to see more of Jeon Mi Do in the small screen. Please do more dramas!

• Like 7
  • Love 6

8 minutes ago, andiamrea said:

Hide contents

I came here because of Jung Kyung Ho, never thought I would end up falling for every singleb actor. Since HP, I watched Oh My Ghostess, Jealousy Incarnate and Misaeng (Kim Dae Myeong is such an adorable teddy bear). I've yet to watch a Yoo Yeon Seok drama though (online exams and all). Will Mr. Sunshine be too much for my weak heart?

Advanced issues found

✌
Spoiler

If you are the type to easily get emotionally invested in dramas, I would definitely say that watching Mr Sunshine will be too much haha

I suggest watching Dr Romantic S1 to start off! I think it will be better since its a medical drama too!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, andiamrea said:
  Hide contents

20200502-143454.gif

I'm a musical fan so I have a special place in my heart for Jo Jung Suk and Mi Do. Especially Jo Jung Suk! He even played Moritz in Spring Awakening for crying out loud. One of the best musicals ever and one of the most beautiful characters in theater history. Go ahead and check it out. Theater actors are the best!!!

I’m a theater fan as well so I also have a soft spot when it comes to them (JJS, JMD, and I believe YYS has theater experience as well):D

Hope they can put MiDo’s vocals to good use but maybe it’s a long shot as they’ve portrayed SHwa to be tone-deaf already HAHA:sweatingbullets: Oh well I’m satisfied enough to always hear JJS singing :wub:

a9aaf69197d315eb7e8c542977779c4eed6eb518

• Like 2
  • Love 1

We’re losing our minds trying to deconstruct every scene, object, glance, word, etc. @sakura22 I agree with what you said about shipping. As an IJ/SH shipper myself, I subconsciously analyze the story to fit the narrative I created, which might lead me to narrow-minded thinking. Traumatized Reply 1988 #TeamJunghwan here.

Which reminds me of this classic Tumblr meme.

sXNH8nH.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOL 14

6 hours ago, nhquan94 said:

this is not she treating here like a child not a man, but as a wife treating her chiddish husband that understand each other for a long time. Haha have you seen any mariage couple like this in real life? I saw so many. Usually a woman when become the mother of the child she will become the mother of the husband too, like UJu and Big UJu. Haha.

Wash face, touch hand, caring, bickering, even saw the other changing cloth... this work like a marriage couple.

I went to YouTube & saw so many people sharing the same point of view. Especially one caught my attention so I just decided to paste that here. And look at the thumbs up on it. You must feel very happy knowing so many people share the same thought with you.:tounge_xd:

i6ZOnUB.jpg

• Like 8

Finished watching ep 8 and reading comments regarding it. Here's my thoughts about it:

Min Ha was undoubtedly the shining character of this episode. The way she dealt with all things thrown at her was commendable. It's not easy to overwork, pull all nighters and still deal with sly colleagues demanding patients, unappreciative seniors (she did feel that initially) and yet be as professional to carry out all work thrown at her and to cater to the needs of her patients. Like Seok Hyung said she acted responsibly and neither ran away from it nor delegated it to someone else. Definitely looking forward to see her equation Seok Hyung. Speaking of, SH is climbing quite high on my liking list. He's a man of sensibility,sensitivity and thoughtfulness. I think he has come in a long way, from avoiding people to being able to comfort his team member and share his inner thought about the situation. It's nice to see him bonding and forming equations with people other than his circle of friends.

Moving on to Dr. Jang and Jeong Won. I felt teensy bit sad looking at her when he rejected her invitation. Now about what he said to her I'm not sure if it was a blatant lie/excuse since he's uncomfortable specifically around her due to howsoever differently he feels(?) for her. I mean it shouldn't be that difficult for him to just go and have a dinner if he was indifferent to her seeing how he's gone with his other female colleagues too. it's even probable that he actually had plans with his mother but later cancelled it. Or on a lighter note he was just BROKE to take her out and so was mooching off his friend over the weekend.. :P

Regarding the scene at the end of episode, few observations (or delusions), the entire crosswalk was empty. He could've stayed where he was but he still chose(?) to go by and stand near her. She greeted him and he acknowledged her, could've stopped right there, but he still made a small conversation with her, asking how she's off early that day and if she has plans with Min Ha (which I'm assuming implies he knows what time she usually leaves work and who exactly she hangs out with or if I'm not deluding it simply means that he's too observant to all of his residents and nurses to know about their little things). When the guy's car pulled over and Jang went into it, my only thought at that scene was BURN Jeong Won, Burn. But after a couple rewatches, i can say that i am not too sure if he was actually jealous or pensive about something else. Guess until we're explicitly shown can never be too sure about this ship. :(

But speaking of them as individuals, Jeong Won and his headaches are giving me a scare and according to the nurse its a frequent occurrence. Hope it's not something worrisome because i think even his(?) description mentioned something on the lines of 'time is running out'. Really hope it doesn't go in that illness way. I don't think my heart can take another YYS drama where his character has a sad ending. :sweatingbullets:

And as for Dr. Jang , firstly it was nice to see that a character accepting the rejection subsequently trying to move on and put an end to her one sided crush. Say what people may say about her but for me, it was admirable that she was able to see the folly in his ways (to her he lied), accept what that meant, attempt to move ahead and be courteous with him outside work. But they say your heart wants what it wants. Hoping neither she nor he hurt much.

That became a little long post, but have more to say about both Jun Wan and Ik Jun, guess am going to write up a seperate essay about those two characters then!!

• Like 15
  • Love 5

My thoughts on ep 8

Chu Min Ha

I agree with those who said Min Ha was the star of this ep. I never disliked her but now I like her! I felt that her character development took off since she was shown without the green eye shadow (I wonder why she ditched it in the first place?). I also like the mentor-mentee relationship between her and SHyeong - a quietly thoughtful mentor and an honest mentee who admired her mentor (well not always..as she called him slow witted at first :P ). I admire her honesty though, it's so hard to find this kind of character in real life. People bad-mouth others behind their back, hardly anyone owns up and apologises to the person s/he badmouthed if not caught. So thumbs up to Chun Min Ha:wub:

Patient's Death

So far we have seen JWon and JWan dealt with their patients' death but have not been shown how SHwa, IJ and SHyeong would. I wonder whether the show will explore this. I'm pretty sure they must have faced death in their 20 years as a doctor, I just want to see it shown in the drama explicitly. 

Side Characters

Let's start with GW. I honestly still haven't been able to warm up to this character. I'd place the reason on her character development in this drama. I agree with what has been said about when it comes to her, it seems her story was so being focused a lot on her crush on JWon. In the drama, she's hardly shown to be smiling and usually wore the :( kinda expression. She was seen smiling only on a very few occasions (I could only recall one: when she was being praised by IJ). So I do understand when people said she lacks drive in her professions. I just want more of her character development apart from JWon - for her to find enjoyment or passions in other things, be fine without having JWon's attention and SMILE :D Please don't shoot me, but among other side characters' story, I least enjoy her story line and I hope the PD/writer can change my mind as I want to warm up to her (one of the reasons is because I think she'll continue having quite a lot of air time as one of the 'side' characters). 

I also like how the drama chose not to show every single 'side' characters every week. Honestly, I still enjoy the most when the drama shows the interaction of at least one of the 5 fab with others. And as there are so many characters, I still want our fab 5 to get most of the air time. 

And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who loves Midwife Han Seung Joo. She's so level-headed, calm under pressure, so supportive and knows how to hold herself not to meddle with other people's business. I wish I had her as my midwife :lol: and I'd want her as my mentor! 

IJ's cardigan: LOL...this is random, but I really like his cardigan (the one he wore when they all had dinner together where SHwa laughed at his jokes). Nice colour there! 

And last but not least, I'm glad they chose to show comedic side of SHwa (when she ate uncooked..thing - can't remember the name). She's usually shown as to be very serious and here I got to laugh because of her! (and of course at JWan reaction to her eating that uncooked stuff). 

Again, these are my personal take on ep 8. Don't shoot me if what I said disagree with what you think :w00t: 

It's already her 8th ep. and Jang still remains constant. Other residents have moved on brilliantly. But she was back to square one with latest case of the addicted patient. Makes one wanders what kind of learning process has she been taken up for the past few months. Will she be taking a year to just learn empathy? Hmmm.... 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1