[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

5 minutes ago, Crom said:

Looks like Andrea will have to have an operation to cure his brain disorder (headaches). 

Hmm, I don't think that's the case. If ever the writer actually does take a heavier and more serious route for Andrea's headaches, it will be shown in the next season. But I think his headaches were just manifestations of him juggling so much emotional baggage (i.e. priesthood, patients, father's death).

• Like 4
  • Insightful 8

3 hours ago, angelwingssf said:

The problem is we don't see it that way.  IT is about a mentor and mentee relationship.  

That’s okay. We view or understand things differently. I see that too, but that is just one part of it - in my view:D

3 hours ago, kokodus said:

We should start preparing our hearts for a sad open ending I guess.....sighh. 

@kokodus what only matters to me is Gyeo-ul is on this preview. The last episode of the season:D

• Like 7
  • Love 3

My guess is in the next episode Winter will tell Ik Jun about Rosa's request. He too will advice Winter to do it: ask Andrea not to leave.

After recent development, I think Winter-Ikjun pairing as lover is too farfetched. Winter is a virgin who never been kissed before. I don't think She can get over her first love Andrea, even though she try, at least until this winter end. Personality-wise, She is not the wishy-washy type. Career-wise, she choose the hard path. Love-wise, she also choose the hard path. It's a paralel.

Knowing this writer, naming her winter and end this series with an episode with winter setting, mentioning her as human calendar, must lead to an important scene: how will she do what rosa asked of her. Even though I am too scared to predict the outcome: sad ending? happy ending? open ending?

Many try to dechiper how Song Hwa feels. I myself think that she is feeling overwhelmed, coz she is torn between Ikjun and Chihong, with more feels leans toward Ikjun (coz she also loves Uju). The thing is, dating either of them bear consequences that she wouldn't want to get into now. She needs to prioritize herself. I do think after cancer scare and now herniated disk, she made the right decission. You must love yourself first. As an independent smart 40 something woman, She do what she plan and want to do first: working in a place near nature for her health and happiness. More power to her.

As for Seok Hyung, I think he is satisfied with Song Hwa only as friend. You know he dotted on his mom so much, and mom want him get together with Song Hwa so much. But he did not do anything. He even freely tell Song Hwa and his friends how much he feels sorry for his ex (different with Ikjun who refuse to acknowledge his sadness about his divorce to his friend). I rooted for Mina to be with him.

Ps: the duo likes to incorporate important event in history into their drama (remember Bora and her participation in uni student protest). So I do think now Lee is wracking her brain trying to incorporate covid19 into her season 2 script. Season 2 will be exciting to wait for.

• Like 14
  • Love 2

8 minutes ago, standingtallyy said:

@kokodus what only matters to me is Gyeo-ul is on this preview. The last episode of the season:D

I know she is the only non-fab five member in the preview. LOL. I think it's going to be Gyeo Ul's ep. Her choking up with tears at the end is making me nervous....gahhhh. why is not Thursday yet? Did they release this preview just to torture us? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 9
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

4 minutes ago, kokodus said:

I know she is the only non-fab five member in the preview. LOL. I think it's going to be Gyeo Ul's ep. Her choking up with tears at the end is making me nervous....gahhhh. why is not Thursday yet? Did they release this preview just to torture us? 

Dr Jang is almost in every preview though. And i'm deeply impressed B)

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 8

Thank you YYS fans for the subtitle! :tears:

That short 15 seconds preview which create chaos in my twitter timeline!! :D

Many of people reactions after watching the new preview:

*Mental Breakdown*

Spoiler

*Overthinking*

Spoiler

*Winter Garden Believer* :wub:

Spoiler

*#WENEVERTRUSTHPPREVIEW* --> I think I will follow this reaction :sweatingbullets:

Edited by superspace
  • Like 7
  • LOL 9

4 hours ago, standingtallyy said:

In Chi Hong’s defense (it is because I have equal fondness to him as much as Ik Jun - I’m torn!). He already know Ik Jun has the advantage, he only had 4 years of knowing Song Hwa, out of the 20 years Ik Jun had. It was love at first sight. It was only in the recent time he finally confessed, which was met by rejection:(. The man has resilience, and SH appreciates that. I liked that he asked permission from SH to speak in banmal as a birthday present. She agreed. He was heavily criticised by hard core Ik- Song shippers, accusing Chi Hong of crossing the line.

They say all is fair in love and war. However, I wouldn’t consider his action cheating. I think, he’s trying to be on equal footing against Ik Jun as much as he can in the battle of winning the woman’s affection. Ik Jun was marking his territory (sort of) by attending the NS department dinner, when he should be with his three friends. Ik Jun is just everywhere around Song Hwa:D. That must have triggered Chi Hong. I didn’t see his gesture as being disrespectful. He is as much as a gentleman like Ik Jun.

if at all 20 years is a weakness..

known her for 20 yrs, he even married.. and nothing between them.. ahn was not random, IJ got jealous and in the lift..it ws too much which made ahn ask the question..

anyway, whatever, Shwa should just go on a travel spree..no need to give any time to any of them who can't respect her privacy and opinion

• Love 1

5 hours ago, superspace said:

I found some interesting comments stated that the point of this scene were not Ikjun was confessing to Songhwa but to confront Chihong. He had clearly confessed to Song-hwa on Episode 10 (eating together with you is a treat for myself). Ikjun prove that He is not Junghwan (but I love Junghwan. Haha).

HP11.png

Another comment stated that Chi-hong actually asked in past tense, but on the other hand Ikjun answered in present tense. Dear Korean expert friends, is it true?

HP11.png

Because it is based on the English translation from Netflix (however I don't 100% trust Netflix translation)

I hesitated in answering this question when it first brought up days before because i dont think my korean proficiency is in a level where i can give a solid explanation regarding grammar. Because this is the second time the question's raised up, i'll try to explain what i know. Please take it with a grain of salt and feel free to correct me.

해본적이 있다 in english is the same as "have you ever"
In english we use "have you ever" instead of "had you ever" even though both questions can lead to an answer about something in the past. You rarely see this question "had you ever"

It's the same with 해본적이 있다
Difference in past and present in korean is only at the infix "s" at the verb. If we're gonna translate it directly from english to korean it will be 
Have you ever : 해본적이 있다
Had you ever : 해본적이 있었다
But i've never seen the italic phrase being used in any conversation. So grammatically it's really uncommon.

In conclusion the question itself means "have you ever" and the answer is "i have" which indicates something that's already happened, whether it happened recently or years ago, it's opened to interpretation or further explanation, but the answer is still the same "i have"

What chi hong said is basically the same but in a more formal form. Even formal speech in korean has different level of formality, and CH question is the higher level of formal speech. If we translate CH phrase to english it will be "you have had feelings for her, haven't you?"

• Like 11
  • Insightful 4
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, ryanallright said:

Among all the Korean medical professional reviews so far, I like this couple. The wife is so invested into the drama. :lol:

She is Team Chihong so it is hilarious to see her reactions when Chihong makes a move "swooon *shrieks*"

versus Ikjun making a move "sighh.....poor Chihong."

Meanwhile her husband is totally clueless and indifferent. "????"

Very cute dynamic haha.

• Like 3
  • LOL 9

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

We should start preparing our hearts for a sad open ending I guess.....sighh. 

Open ending is ok for me, but i can’t tolerate a cliffhanger..moreover if it’s a cliffhanger between Ik-Song-Chi

that would be so torturing while waiting for S2 :tears: 

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

1 hour ago, ryanallright said:

Among all the Korean medical professional reviews so far, I like this couple. The wife is so invested into the drama. :lol:

9 minutes ago, Andrew - said:

She is Team Chihong so it is hilarious to see her reactions when Chihong makes a move "swooon *shrieks*"

versus Ikjun making a move "sighh.....poor Chihong."

Meanwhile her husband is totally clueless and indifferent. "????"

Very cute dynamic haha

as team Chihong, her reaction almost exactly my reaction :joy:

Spoiler

ezgif-4-1368e9d9c3e6.gif

this one is hilarious tho :joy:

ezgif-4-d7f6336a60c1.gif

• LOL 12
  • Love 2

I had this feeling before that Jeong Won run after Gyeoul when she was chasing the abuser dad. Especially because it seemed that in the next episode we would get some flashback of his POV.

• Like 12
  • Love 6
  • Insightful 3

Maybe SongHwa's first love or crush be revealed in the last ep. which will shock us all and thereby making her "lovestory" an open ending.

But honestly at this point, I am happy with any pairing. The drama itself is too good already. Perfect casting with brilliant storytelling. I couldnt ask for more.

Hospital Playlist fighting! I cant believe I have to wait for a year for the next season. Sigh. Will have to watch this season all over again to buy some time. 

• Like 13
  • Love 2