[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

@JungRok Haha... I am not too worried about WG even though the preview may try to suggest some crisis. I think it’s just trolling us. 

Iksun... I think she suggested the break up before she found out about her medical condition. She felt bad that she is causing a burden to JWan with the LDR thing, as commented by IkJun that the girlfriend is selfish expecting JWan to keep up a happy front when he is so stressed out. IkJun didn’t know that the girlfriend had an accident and JWan worrying about that. We didn’t get to see whether she answered yes or not about the other guy, but she will probably keep quiet to let JWan believe so. JWan should know her better that she isn’t one who would easily fall for guys or entered a relationship but being in a LDR will shake up your confidence and trust. LDR is already not easy, especially when their relationship is a secret. 

SongHwa, seems like she is going to come less to Seoul now? I’ve been wondering actually that she seems more busy now instead of supposedly resting for her health. I worry when I see she has to drive back and forth so much between Seoul and Sokjo. 

Love that for next episode we will see more of GomGom. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

“Hospital Playlist 2” Achieves Its Highest Ratings Yet + “My Roommate Is A Gumiho” Sees Rise

0a3e3d2a068247d9b32a2744a773e333.jpeg?s=

Jul 9, 2021
by E. Cha

tvN’s “Hospital Playlist 2” has continued its streak of reaching a new all-time high with every episode!

On July 8, the fourth episode of “Hospital Playlist 2” achieved the highest viewership ratings of the season thus far, rising to an average nationwide rating of 11.0 percent. Additionally, the drama took first place in its time slot not only among all viewers, but also among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it scored a nationwide average of 7.3 percent and a peak of 9.0 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1478381wpp/hospital-playlist-2-achieves-its-highest-ratings-yet-my-roommate-is-a-gumiho-sees-rise

• Like 1

Hospital Playlist 2: Episode 3

by lovepark

hospitalplaylist2-03-00121.jpg

No matter how talented a doctor might be, saving a patient requires more than individual skill. Resources, timing, and luck also play a part in the success of a surgery and a patient’s fate. However, finding a capable and compassionate doctor can increase those chances, and on occasion, miracles do happen. In reality, though, most miracles are a result of a countless number of people’s time and efforts to make the impossible possible.

EPISODE 3 RECAP

hospitalplaylist2-03-00003.jpg

Min-ha rebukes two guardians for selfishly insisting on a natural birth and explains the precarious situation. Her words make little difference as the guardians dismiss her advice and neglect the mother’s wishes. Dashing to the scene, Seok-hyung yells at Min-ha for stalling, and he sternly tells the guardians that their goal is the safety of the mother and child—end of discussion.

By morning, patients fill every corner of Yulje Medical Center and patiently wait for their turn. While preparing to meet his outpatients, Ik-joon treats it like a quiz show, both impressing and confusing Gyu-wool with his skills and outdated reference. Thus begins another hectic day at the hospital.

Jung-won meets with a young patient who adorably shares the flavors of her lollipops to any willing listeners. However, whenever her mom tries to inform the doctor about her fever, the little girl covers her mom’s mouth for oversharing. Without missing a beat, Jung-won distracts the girl with a doodle, and they finish the meeting without any hitches.

Dr. Chun sees his outpatients as well, but he responds to their questions with dismissive, one-word answers—leaving his patients bewildered by his cold attitude. In contrast, Joon-wan gives his outpatients detailed explanations, helping them understand their condition and easing any worries.

In the ER, Fellow So-ye asks a patient if they should call a resident to treat him, but the patient refuses since he wants Dr. Chun. Surprisingly, Dr. Chun offers to come down immediately, but of course, his sudden sense of duty only arose because the patient is an assemblyman and a golfing buddy.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/07/hospital-playlist-2-episode-3/

Episode 4 is very complex. If I tease and dissect it all apart there are so many elements. And I don't have the time except to say the writer writes very sensitively. And the director has the lightest touch to be able to touch on the topic and lift the heaviness up just when it gets too much.

It is a hard winter for my dept. I spent all of episode 2 and the week after feeling a bit down because we had a couple of bad outcomes in my dept. 

I don't know what I felt about Jun Wan. Did Ik Sun do a Noble Idiocy or is it for real?

Let's talk about the patients then? I cried when Eun Ji's mother cried. And even more when Min Chan's mother came. I felt so bad for Sun Bin. Sometimes you watch and watch and then it becomes a medical emergency and sometimes its too late.  They are not sick not sick not sick until its too late because they suddenly take a turn for the worse. Happens all the time. If only some things are predictable.

So yeah it's Jun Wan whom I feel so sorry for. Did you hear him singing those lyrics? In the song.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Can we dissect the tteokbukki meal? I watched it 3 times. Min Ha is obvious as all heck. It was Suk Kyung I couldn't get over. Has he ever been so relaxed before? I was watching Ik Jun watching them. SK was interacting with MH right? He wasn't even acting polite like a formal sunbae- nim being polite to his resident. Have they eaten with each other before? I feel as if I need to watch him with the other 4. Do you guys remember how he is with them? Why is he so comfortable with Min Ha?

In fact I qm going over right now and rewatch it again. And again.

• Like 7

I understand that Ik Sun is thinking that she doesn`t need to give Jun-Wan more stress but lying isn`t a solution. He will be heartbroken and stressed anyway. And she needs her family close as well.  She thinks that she can keep her medical problem a secret? Jun Wan is practical like a family member to Ik Jun. He will find out. From Ik Jun`s reaction it is serious condition. I am glad that she called her brother, at least. 

I was touched to see what Jun Wan did for the lonely patient.

52 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

And I don't have the time except to say the writer writes very sensitively. And the director has the lightest touch to be able to touch on the topic and lift the heaviness up just when it gets too much.

I could not agree more. The writer and PD are making a very good team. I hope they will continue the colaboration and give us more dramas.

• Like 3

Yoo Yeon Seok did say he wants to get married before 40.. hahah.. 

Now SHB is maturing well in her career path, she is filming two dramas and right now is in talks for that Song Joong Ki drama ; Idk she might rejecting that role; in my opinion, the role she might be playing - it doesn't suit her previous drama choices and film. I think her next role might be close to Confession drama or of that modern Theater Teacher role? She's close to be a teacher/

tbh I watched all her dramas and films; also, YYS drama/films as well. YYS is a real veteran; 18 years worth of acting, musical and theatre

• Like 4

7 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

SK was interacting with MH right? He wasn't even acting polite like a formal sunbae- nim being polite to his resident. Have they eaten with each other before?

If I'm not mistaken, he had coffee and a meal with her in season 1. He even stop watching NJTTW to have a meal with her. In my opinion, he did care for Minha and watches over her a lot, kind of like Jeongwon secretly watching Gyeoul in season 1 ;;^^

• Like 6

My vote is that Ik-Sun did the Noble Idiocy thing. Somehow she thinks it's easier for him to be betrayed and dumped instead of supporting her while she is ill. (To be fair, if I was suddenly told that I needed a liver transplant or else I will die, I might go a little out of my mind, too.)

I loved when Song-Hwa was really into her bad singing. It takes talent to sing that badly. :lol:

I was crying so much when Eun-Ji's mom heard that they found a heart donor.

• Like 1

This is my theory up until episode 4; about JeongWon big dream

1. Chairman Ju is holding up his position with Yulje Holdings and medical hospital for several years

2. They are raking in more money for DDL foundation as more VIP coming in for their treatment and recommendation - revenue is piling up and JeongWon did not need to use his own  money anymore (that is one solved issue)

3. Chairman Ju is considering to retire and divide up all his assets to his own children. His interaction with Rosa made me think he will change his mind - he will divide those assets - for his children and Jeongwon big dream. At some point he will know JeongWon using money to pay social support to families in need (I mean, at some point he will know; he is a businessman, come on)
4. Rosa owned a land; this is a crucial info; at some point we knew in our hearts; the fivers will not stay at Yulje for a long time - Jeongwon is one of the fivers will leave for his new hospital. He will build his dream hospital in Rosa's land; added with some money/support from Chairman Ju. Chairman Ju will ask JeongWon to put name of his late wife as the Hospital's name or some sort. Or maybe combine with Jeongwon's late father name.

5. Professor Ahn Jeongwon's good name is well known among the hospital visitors - in episode 2, the mothers gossiping about him leaving Yulje and are afraid what will happen to the Ward. This confirms that in the future, a lot of people will come and visit his hospitals as he has a good reputation and name among the people in the community. 

So yeah this is my theory

Chairman Ju will give up half of his assets to build up the new children hospital in the name of his late wife -> Rosa giving Jeongwon her own land -> VIP raking in money and Jeongwon's good name make a good foundation for his children hospital a success ->and now what they need is Staff and partner (no way JW can handle by himself)

A hospital catering the masses' needs - a lot of money and man power. JeongWon would not be able to handle it alone. I think this will be the next issue for WinterGarden. I am thinking that JeongWon actually see himself running the hospital with Gyeoul. We still havent seen what Gyeoul next focus really is; only that she admits she is a bit slow in emphasizes with others' especially comforting people. Pediatric might not be her choice because handling children- gosh... 

Upcoming next episode hinting Gyeoul might be shift her focus to 4th year studies and to prepare for the finals and fellow interview. They usually have a break before the big study session - so thats why Jeongwon wants to go for a holiday

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3

Kudos to Kwak Sunyong's acting on Ikjun - Iksun phone call scene. Her sequence expression from normal to surprise, heartbroken, sad. I really can feel how heartbroken she is when she heard about Junwan. Both really have issue with their communication. Even after Iksun asked if he was okay, he was lying. And as I expect, fans will dislike Iksun's decision from lying to keeping things from anyone about her sickness, as they probably expect more mature way for them for solving their relationship issue. But we know very well it's not always like that. 30s, 40s, 50s adults don't always know what they're doing. 

7 hours ago, JungRok said:

Hmm somebody said Season 2 is lacking with the fivers interaction; we havent seen bickering or gossiping yet like Season 1 does. 

I remember many people questioned about why Lacking 5 have so much time to hanging out together while they're doctors last year. Looks like people always have something to complain :lol:

• Like 5

I also found sunyong's acting for Iksun really good in Ep4. Drama addiction has a new youtube vid up about the junwan-iksun relationship if anyone is interested. Largely in line with the discussion here:

Spoiler

• Like 2

On 7/4/2021 at 12:22 PM, consuella said:

I’m just wondering, what is the purpose of Songhwa moving to Sokcho btw?

Exactly. I was thinking the same thing the other day. It do no feel like she is away at all. 

ohoooooh....i hate it... when i had time thete was no hosplay 2 . Now i dont have time but i am dying to participate in the discussions. The above 4 lines was  written by me during the last week but i did not have time to even post them. So any ways ....it seems like the writer has somehow read our minds and actually making Songhwa leaving Soul for good.lol.

Also i m missing the time here, spent last year. There were much more posters and they were very active throughout  the whole run of the show. Those discussions, theories, analyzing, interpreting the previews, contradictory opinions ..were fire. I m missing that vibe that fire badly here. 

I first thought may be more people moved to shippers thread so thus thread is so quite But NOPE. Shippers thread are also very quite.

I think last year due to Covid a huge no of viewers were availa available during lockdown but now they have got busy with real life. Or may be they have moved on from the drama. Or may be they are saving it for binge watching after it ends . Whatever the reason is  i am truly missing those time.

• Like 1

I admit i got confused with other people confusion that IkJun was clueless about JunSun relation until the last scene of the drama where IkSun herself finally told him about her realtionship with Junwan. Thus IkJun so shocked face reaction.

But NOPE i am not confused anymore and i am sticking to my first stance that Ikjun was very well aware from the beginning about JunSun relationship. Otherwise all those scenes of him teasing Junwan serves no purpose other than the comedy.  And all those clues are so much clear to ignore for such s smart a-s-s that IkJun is.LOL. Especially Junwan bringing those snow crabs randomly out of the blue. Just remember how much suspicious IkJun was throughout that scene of JunWan suddenly coming to his apartment with snowcrabs.

So uri IkJun "the know it all guy" was not clueless and this is why he accurately gauged the situation  with JunWan by just listening in him on phone call. And I Love Love Love how accurately and immediately he reached to the correct conclusion that his sister was on fault. And i Love Love Love how he tell IkSun about her wrongdoings without actually telling her that he knows she is the said gf of Junwan. Wow What a smart guy. BRAVO.  And i also LoVe LoVe LoVe it, that he did so without any delay, without any hesitation. This is how much he was concerned for his best buddy.

And because he was aware from the beginning, this is why writer made the scenes in such a way that he actually called her right after listening in on Junwan. Otherwise there was no need of him talking to IkSun immediately and also there was no need of him to tell IkSun about Junwan gf and that also in so detail. He knew she was the gf that is why he made sure to tell her,her faults so that they both can mend their relationship as soon as possible.

Now on to his extremely shocked face during the 2nd last scene in the garden. It was not because he was clueless until that point but it dawned on him that IKSun might have done something more stupid and wrong in her relationship and this was why she was telling him not to tell JunWan about it. And so his shocked face was to express his worry for their relationship. And exactly IkSun has aready done the most stupid thing by not telling her bf the true reason of her health condition  and by lying to him about her falling for some other guy. What a noble idiot.

Yes i believe she is not a cheater and just lied about it for whatever stupid reason as known as" i m leaving u for ur good". First when she told JunWan about it ,i could not believe it at all. I thought she was going to tell him about her health problems because  the show was hinting towards it from the last episode. But when she said she fell for some one else i got shocked. I could not believe it simply because she was not portrayed as a low moral  girl thus far. IkJun is almost an angel , so how could her precious sister could have moral shortcomings.

So i was so relieved after witnessing the 2nd last scene. My assumptions had become true. She indeed lied about her cheating or  falling for some one else. This is why she strictly forbid IKJun to tell JunWan anything. Otherwise if she was actually fallen for other guy , she would not be bothered by whether Junwan knows her health condition or not. She just would not have bothered about him , about his feelings anymore. But she is taking extra care to hide her health from Junwan cause she dont want him to hurt cause of her health. 

And lastly as i said earlier only JunSun relationship did not need IKJun help so far but now IKJun has to delve into this matter once again as a wingman, as a brother , as a best friend to put the love life of his two most precious  people on the right path.

And YES i believe there is a happy ending waiting for Jun Sun. Because i believe in uri IkJun, the best wingman.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

The preview about GW... Could it be IJ asked her to cover for IS to hide from JWan, but JWon misunderstood something?

I hope we have more scenes with Dr Cheon's bedridden patient. Feeling sad for her. Bravo to JWan for sharing her situation and asking for volunteers to accompany her.

I too thought that SHyung looked extremely comfortable with MH in toppokki scene. Compared to how grumpy and reluctant he was in S1.

• Like 4