[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

Hiiii everyone!!!! Finally coming back to this thread after a year:1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1):

Is it just me or, but I can't decide whether to cry or laugh watching the whole Minha's scenes from restaurant to being covered on the snow . The cinematography is really cool and it feels sooo movie-like, but dang it is really sad watching her seeing Seokhyeong and hi ex-wife sharing an umbrella. But the whole mood, the mood, I can't pinpoint but it's like a mix of comedy with some bitterness (idk if you get I'm trying to say though LOL).  Anyway, kudos to ShinLee for bringing back the vibe from Season 1 to Season 2. And I'm happy Ep1 literally started where we left at on the previous. 

Anyway, I'm going to be pissed if Iksun only shows up through video call, LIKE COME ON... 

• Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Blob 1

I always feel he is the one she liked for so long , she scared to start relationship with him . So I hope he didn’t listen to her , don’t go back a FRIEND ZONE :D

She
vMYyfuT.gif

# Ik Jun why are you guilty of being sexy and amazing:w00t:

dvWBpcL.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 1

Love the metaphor @_Jesse about the umbrella.

I have three umbrella in my car but rarely been used. So, does it mean that I have no shied?  Ha ha.. Just kidding. Too lazy to carry. 

Eventhough its just started for season 2, i wish for season 3 already. That much I love this drama. 

It really touch ur heart and u dont want to keep away from it. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

Watch: “Hospital Playlist 2” Cast Plays Hard And Works Hard In Behind-The-Scenes Video

92b71198ad2344678b204dde53af2808.jpeg?s=

Jun 19, 2021
by C. Hong

“Hospital Playlist 2” has shared a behind-the-scenes look at the first episode of the new season!

tvN’s “Hospital Playlist 2” is a heartwarming drama about a group of doctors who have been friends since medical school and the stories of their ordinary lives at an ordinary hospital. It stars Jo Jung Suk, Jeon Mi Do, Jung Kyung Ho, Kim Dae Myung, and Yoo Yeon Seok.

The second season premiered on June 17 and set the new record for the highest ratings for a premiere episode in tvN history.

The video begins with the “99s,” as the group of friends is called, rehearsing for band practice in their usual basement room. The first song the group performs for the new season is “Rain and You.” Jung Kyung Ho praises Jo Jung Suk and says, “He’s like a idol center,” but Jo Jung Suk says, “Director, he’s making me laugh! Just him standing there and looking at me makes me laugh.”

The actors are so close on set that there’s almost no difference between when they’re filming and when they’re not. It takes time to take a group photo because every time a missing person shows up, another person goes missing. As soon as one cast member finishes a line, the other cast members mimic the line behind their back, and the laughter and pranks that happen onscreen continue even after the director calls “cut.”

The director, Shin Won Ho, also has great chemistry with the cast, shown when he and Jung Kyung Ho rehearse a scene in which he has to catch something that comes flying at him offscreen. Jung Kyung Ho warns, “It’s fine as long as you don’t hit my glasses.” Later, Yoo Yeon Seok is the one throwing the toilet paper and there are several missed takes, with Jung Kyung Ho eventually yelling in half-amusement, half-frustration.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1475510wpp/watch-hospital-playlist-2-cast-plays-hard-and-works-hard-in-behind-the-scenes-video

• Like 2

omg it's back!!!!

I really missed the crew after season 1 ended, but glad they are all back! I love the interactions between Song Hwa and Ik Jun... it gutted me when she rejected him. I think I echo everyone's thoughts, that Song Hwa is just not ready yet but the seed has been planted. But the ball is in her court now! Hopefully we continue to see the development of her feelings in this season. 

I am really liking Min Ha...she's so cute and I really feel for her in that Christmas dinner scene. Haven't we all been there when it comes to one-sided love... 

The scenes with Yeon U's mom, really tugs at your heartstrings. I love that the experienced Professor Ahn knew how the mom felt, and guided Gyeo Wool with his advice. The scene where Gyeo Wool was chatting with Yeon U's mom was one of my favourites this ep. 

I also love that they used Rain and You as the song this ep~ I'm not well versed in a lot of the music they normally play, but this song I am aware of and love. <3 They did a great rendition of it, and now I can't stop playing all the different versions. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

@moon_nebula So glad to find another IKSong shipper. just for your information we have a seperate IKSong thread , where you can bombard us with your IkSong love as much as you want. Hehehe. 

HEkNbOu.gif

The first hit /slap for Ikjunnie from his Songhwa on season 2. :blush:.

Did any one else notice in this first episode Songhwa called IKJUNNI instead of Ikjun many a times.:hwaiting2:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

After rewatching Seokhyeong and Minha scenes again, I'm convinced that she's the perfect one for Seokhyeong. Seeing him with his ex-wife, with all those politeness, not sure I would call it love, more like courtesy to me, like he felt bad for her. But with Minha, he could smile and even teased her. He's not as quiet with her like he did to other people. And I wouldn't be surprised if it's him who gave Minha the cake during christmas. It feels like something he'd do (just like the ttaekboki). Besides, I don't think anyone else in the steakhouse received similar cake, right?

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

Btw, Gyeoul also asked two questions to Jeongwon, one personal and one about work, just like Minha's questions to Seokhyeong..

Spoiler

spacer.png

• Like 5
  • Love 5
  • Blob 1

I missed this during my first watch… Gyeo-Ul had used a binder clip to secure her bangs back.

spacer.png

Now I understand why Yeon-U’s mother gifted her the hair barrettes. It was a simple gesture, but I feel it would be a mother who take notice of the binder clip in Gyeo-Ul’s hair and instinctively feel the desire to provide something more practical instead. She would have made a wonderful mother to Yeon-U.

I loved Jeong Won and Gyeo-Ul’s conversation over dinner. With them, I can see the benefits of dating someone in the same profession/specialty. Yeon-U’s mother just needed someone at Yulje to understand her heart and with Jeong Won’s sage advice, Gyeo-Ul became that person for her. I noticed that Yeon-U's mother said to Gyeo-Ul, "I know you adored Yeon-U so much."

spacer.png

Gyeo-Ul thinks she could be quiet, blunt and is not good with words, but I think Yeon-U's mother acknowledged Gyeo-Ul's sincerity/kindness while caring for Yeon-U and was genuinely grateful. Her actions spoke louder than words. Gyeo-Ul has compassionate qualities in her, but Jeong Won's guidance gave her a wider perspective to express them better. I like that we saw this growth in Gyeo-Ul early on in season 2. I can see her becoming an even better doctor.

• Like 11
  • Love 7
  • Blob 1

Been lurking and am so glad to see so many familiar faces and wonderful posts here.

3 hours ago, shawolynn said:

After rewatching Seokhyeong and Minha scenes again, I'm convinced that she's the perfect one for Seokhyeong. Seeing him with his ex-wife, with all those politeness, not sure I would call it love, more like courtesy to me, like he felt bad for her. But with Minha, he could smile and even teased her. He's not as quiet with her like he did to other people. 

I second this. Min Ha has this strong mentality both in work and human relationship that i'm envious of. Seriously i want that attitude when i watch her having fun with herself playing pretend after being rejected by SHy, at the steakhouse full of couples, on the christmas eve. It's not an easy feat. This is her greatest strength in penetrating SHy's wall. And the reason why i think she's the one for SHy. She is persistent in her pursuit yet maintain her consideration to him knowing how guarded and awkward he is in human relationship. Just like the way she asked SHy for the christmas date but still manage to say that she has a backup plan if he can't come so he doesn't feel burdened. 

SHy has unconsciously lowered his guards already with all the chuckles, smiles, and teasing. He just needs time to sort things that burdened him down and welcome Min Ha. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

2 hours ago, bee_wannabe said:

Seriously i want that attitude when i watch her having fun with herself playing pretend after being rejected by SHy, at the steakhouse full of couples, on the christmas eve. It's not an easy feat. This is her greatest strength in penetrating SHy's wall. And the reason why i think she's the one for SHy. She is persistent in her pursuit yet maintain her consideration to him knowing how guarded and awkward he is in human relationship. Just like the way she asked SHy for the christmas date but still manage to say that she has a backup plan if he can't come so he doesn't feel burdened. 

So true. In the first episode, I felt her sadness, and at the same time I admired her attitude in dealing with it. I'm sure SHy already notice her good qualities, just like Jeongwon notice little details about Gyeoul in S1 (there seems to be some kind of paralel with these two couples, like the speech SHy give to Minha in private, then the questions asked by Minha to SHy). Although he may need to have some closure with his ex-wife first before he could move forward, because like he said in S1, he felt bad for his ex-wife because of their divorce.

Anyway, I'm happy that Minha has Gyeoul at her side (and vice versa). I like their friendship. They have different personalities, but they support each other. That's one of the thing I envy in HP, the long lasting friendship :)

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

I stumbled on this in a local newspaper but haven't seen it on Soompi and other sites yet: https://www.straitstimes.com/life/entertainment/the-life-list-five-things-to-know-about-hospital-playlist-2

Though the creative team behind Hospital Playlist originally toyed with the idea, there are currently no plans for a third season.

Director Shin says: "(Three seasons) is the sort of timeline we originally had in mind. This is my first attempt at a seasonal series so I've come across a lot of new challenges and limitations. There are a lot of pros, but also some cons that we were not able to foresee.

"I've told the cast members a third season is not definite, so they can feel free to schedule whatever projects they want to do."

Have mixed feelings about 2 seasons or 3 seasons but nevertheless looking forward to a good s2 :fullofhearts:

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

My two cents about Songhwa: I think her character is what often seen in a male character. Very logical, tends to keep things by herself, sometimes can be a headstrong. I don't know if I describe it well, I rarely see her complain, let out or discuss 'her things' with others. Someone needs to fish her first to talk, and when she did I feel she's not fully open yet.

Her most vulnerable moment was when she was in the car for biopsy result, and again, alone (but thanks to Ikjun for accompanying her later). I don't mean she has to cry a river in front of others but at the very least she asks and shares what's bottled up in her mind. That's why I'm so eager to see her casual interaction with woman. The interaction where it's not her who listen but is listened. No matter how long she befriends with Lacking 5 and how close she's with her 3 older brothers, still there's a thing that only woman could understand.

When she was cheated on and her mother called, I believe she said the truth that she was fine but I'm sure she's still feel annoyed, so go ahead badmouthing him with your mother, Songhwa. I can sense her hesitance to 'trust' others and think that she can handle anything on her own, I'm not saying her decision is wrong but wouldn't it feel a lil bit better if there's a person you can ask and share with? Everytime I saw her being so hopeless or confused I really wanna jump into the screen and say "girlll you can talk to me!"

Okay enough my long babble. As it seems everyone is after and depends on her, either it's on drama so that NS departement works well or off drama so IkSong can happily sailing. And also how Songhwa is always portrayed as a perfect and strong woman (and many said hard to relate) I just can't help to always have this empathy for her.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Blob 1

15 hours ago, shawolynn said:

After rewatching Seokhyeong and Minha scenes again, I'm convinced that she's the perfect one for Seokhyeong. Seeing him with his ex-wife, with all those politeness, not sure I would call it love, more like courtesy to me, like he felt bad for her. But with Minha, he could smile and even teased her. He's not as quiet with her like he did to other people. And I wouldn't be surprised if it's him who gave Minha the cake during christmas. It feels like something he'd do (just like the ttaekboki). Besides, I don't think anyone else in the steakhouse received similar cake, right?

Btw, Gyeoul also asked two questions to Jeongwon, one personal and one about work, just like Minha's questions to Seokhyeong..

I second the cake might have been given by Seok-hyeong too!

1. At first, I thought Min-ha texted him to say that she had made reservation at the steakhouse in front of the hospital. But it was actually 'Steakhouse In Front of the Hospital (병원 앞 스테이크집)', the name of the restaurant itself and the emphasis on this was done before Minha was shown in the restaurant.

2. After Min-ha said that the chef is so stingy, the scene switched to having a blurred teddy bear in the back. When she was drinking the wine, focus slowly changed from Minga to the teddy bear. Seok-hyeong has been repeatedly called a bear in S1.

3. The last scene where Min-ha is in the restaurant shows "병원 앞 스테이크집" again on the window while it slowly pans out.

4. Seok-hyeong did a similar thing for her in S1 E8 with the teokbeokki.

On the questions scene too, I felt that Seok-hyeong indirectly told Min-ha his real personality, that he will get angry if she asked him more than a question a day. Seok-hyeong's gentleness, patience and good attitude was a running joke throughout S1 among the friends of 5 (Song-hwa telling Ik-jun how her junior's sister in law praises Seok-hyeong's attitude in which IJ looked to be in disbelief) and it was shown several times how he will just snap at his friends (E8 when they keep asking him whether can they order this and that). 

Also, can't help but noticing how rejected the umbrella offered by the ER fellow doctor. The umbrella signifies a line and Seok-hyeong, by declining, shows he doesn't want to cross it with his ex-wife. His ex-wife on the other hand accepted, showing that she wanted to cross the line with him. Interestingly, the frame shows that she wasn't completely on the other side of the line with him. Him not wanting to cross the line was shown twice in this episode, once through the umbrella, another was the dinner scene. She wanted to meet with him frequently for dinner and he froze and put down his spoon. His expression there was different from when Min-ha confessed to him in the car. Then there was also the line scene between Jeong-won and Gyeo-ul, whereby both of them were together at another side of the line during the date scene. Contrasting to the line he has with his ex-wife and Min-ha, he was the one who invited Min-ha into his office, when he could have just feigned ignorance, banking on her not having the bravery to enter, considering how she was pacing up and down, thinking whether should she enter or not. He said, "Come on in, I can see you, you know." A subconscious invitation into his life? Ahahaha.

Then there is his unconscious interest towards her in S1 E12. It was shown Seok-hyeong was staring at Min-ha as she hurried to see Gyeo-ul in the ER and he only snapped out of his staring when Ik-jun asks him what song are they playing that week. His unconscious interest is shown again when he entertained Min-ha's personal question, telling her she is his ex-wife, noting that he clarified immediately after Minha said, "rumors were saying she is your girlfriend" (he kept silent when she first asked him who is Shinhye). He goes on answering even more personal question (second question after midnight and he didn't get mad) before he caught himself doing it. Sounds like he is interested in Min-ha unconsciously and cares about what she thinks to me . Further emphasized by the next scene with the 4 boys waiting in rain and Ik-jun telling Seok-hyeong that everyone in the hospital is saying he is dating someone and Seok-hyeong's reply was, "I dont care." 

On a side note, really love how Min-ha prioritize professional question over the personal question. She is indeed a really, really good doctor. This episode highlights once again why people usually will seek different opinions from doctors because really, each doctor sees differently. 

Favorite scene: Ik-jun keeps teasing Jun-wan about Ik-sun. 99.9999% he already knew when Jun-wan and Ik-sun took care of U-Ju in S1 (he most likely pretended to have left the house before pretending to come back after hearing them kiss because there wasn't any signs of him entering the password before the door opened again. And also he told sleeping U-Ju, 'sleep in your room because you might be disturbing them) And Jun-wan mentioned before Ik-jun just loves teasing him and hence he will never tell Ik-jun what happened in Hawaii. So it really just shows Ik-jun is having a joyride teasing Jun-wan! Panic Jun-wan is gold!

The Yeon-U mum's scene. I admit I was worried about her trying to find evidence of medical malpractice but really cried when she explained it is only in the hospital that she is called as Yeon-U's mum. JW is really a good partner for Gyeo-ul, showing her on how to emphathise with people.

And my heart at the end when IJ was left alone in the hospital. Even though already seen it coming since Song-hwa came down from the taxi, cant help but feeling Ik-jun's hurt. JJS is a brilliant actor! That knowing look and pained smile.

Am looking forward to the next episode where they are finally showing more patient cases (and sounds very serious).

Edited by peace
  • Like 10
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

What a great start!!!! I'm so glad that they picked up right where they left off. Even for us viewers who've waited a year to get back to our favourite characters, we didn't feel the gap, all the emotions we have felt when we watched the last ep of S1 are instantly brought back from the 1st min of S2. Its not an easy feat to achieve such a thing. 

Its always a pleasure to watch 99z bickering and fighting over trivial things. I liked how gracefully songhwa rejected ikjun. Lol. I'm hoping that things won't get too awkward between them, well I don't think ikjun will let that happen. Lol. Rejection in the first ep means a good thing imo. I'm pretty sure they will be able to get back to each other at the end of S2. 

I was so sad watching Minha trying to be cheerful when seok hyoeng rejected her dinner date. That scene was so cute and so hilarious and still very heartbreaking. Sighhh. I hope she finds her happiness soon either through seok hyeong or someone else, as she deserves it. 

I hope we won't be seeing iksun only through video calls for the whole season. Again I'm amazed by how Jun wan didn't sit around and sulk, they are seriously relationship goals. But they have the worst timing. I hope they get their timing right by the end of S2. Lol. Also at this point I'm pretty sure ikjun is just pretending that he doesn't know about bidulgi, the other possibility of him being oblivious of whats right under his nose would be tooooooo hilarious. LOLOL. 

I think I should make a separate post for wintergarden. Hahaha

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1