[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

18 minutes ago, KDramaFan0828 said:

I think so too. The character profile just said that he had a love in his 20s and he got honor in his 30s, but being a priest was still his dream. No indication that this was a person HAHA :lol: As a whole, to me, the sentence implies possible paths he could’ve taken with respect to his profession. Maybe his 20s love was photography and his 30s honor was being a doctor??? IDK lol but yeah no clear indication that the “love” was romantic :D As compared to Songhwa’s profile which clearly talks about dating in the same paragraph of her first love, the paragraph for Jeongwon was talking about aspirations.

It’ll be funny if JW’s phone has plenty of photos of Dr Winter, similar to what Ikjun had done for her. (You know... with his LOVE for photography and all...:phew:)

• Like 1
  • LOL 13

Baeksang 2020 Popularity vote is out now so you can vote for IKSONG if you want to!

1. Download TikTok

2. Search for Baeksang_Official

3. Click on the URL link in the bio

4. Switch to English, Jo Jung Seok under male category, Jeon Mi Do under female category.

5. Vote away! (3 votes per day, additional 2 votes if you share the post)

photo-2020-05-26-14-44-18.jpg

photo-2020-05-26-14-44-23.jpg

Both have decent number of votes, though the competition is mainly between IU and Son Ye Jin in the female category and Ong Seung woo and Hyun Bin in the male category..

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler

Yoo Yeon Seok Confirmed To Join Cha Tae Hyun In New Film

Yoo Yeon Seok Confirmed To Join Cha Tae Hyun In New Film

May 26, 2020
by L. Kim

Yoo Yeon Seok has officially confirmed his next acting project!

On May 26, the actor’s agency King Kong by Starship announced, “Yoo Yeon Seok will star in the movie ‘Puppy’ (literal translation) as the role of Min Soo. Please give him a lot of love and attention.” Cha Tae Hyun has also been confirmed to star in it.

The movie “Puppy” is directed by Kim Joo Hwan, who directed “Midnight Runners” and “The Divine Fury,” and is a story about two men who have to separate from their dogs to go on a journey to find a new owner. Yoo Yeon Seok’s character Min Soo faces the biggest challenge in his life as he has to say goodbye to his only family Loony and go on a journey to find a new owner himself.

Yoo Yeon Seok has proven his wide acting spectrum by playing unique characters in each production. Also, as his films “Summit: Steel Rain” and “New Year’s Eve” (literal translation) are about to be released, fans are anticipating his performance on the big screen this year.

Yoo Yeon Seok is currently starring in the tvN drama “Hospital Playlist,” and he has also been cast in the musical “Werther.”

“Puppy” will start filming in June of this year.

Edited by triplem
off topic in spoiler
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Wook's Fan said:

The most heart felt gesture from IJ till last episode, was his coming to the hospital (after his long night with surgeries at hospital) ,when SongHwa suspected that she had cancer. He even didn't go to his ex-GF, who invited her to her TV show set (though it first seemed like he is going there, but ended up at the hospital) . And when asked by SongHwa why he came, he clearly said, because he was worried:wub:, claiming for the first time that he has special feelings for her. Even Jun wan asked to accompany her, but once she declined he didn't go, nor did anyone except IJ, which is self-explanatorily denies all other ships.

Yes, I think that scene was the starting point for Ikjun. 

Found this lovely FMV of Iksong: :wub:

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Good lord. At the end of the day what are the 5 main leads personalities like? After 18hrs of drama what are our 5 40 year old professors like?

When I rewatch Hospital Playlist later I would remember why I like them. Not have their whole drama content reduced to their love lines. After living 40 years on earth they obviously survive QUITE well being single after all NONE are currently married. And only one person has a child and no one has a possibility of having kids at all.

They have good relationships with their friends. And good reputations for their profesisonal skills.

And yet 5 well written characters are reduced to who they MUST end up with. If the characters are that obssessed to be in a relationship then they would be dating. Did you notice the ONLY person dating is working all week and only dates on the weekend. Thats how much importance they place on their love lives.

Cos' its been tiring popping by after days and its always the blinking garden or season themed love lines. And all you see are scenes after scenes related to work. Ain't no one obssessed about being in a relationship except Jeong Wan. And even he is not pushing it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

And yet 5 well written characters are reduced to who they MUST end up with. If the characters are that obssessed to be in a relationship then they would be dating. Did you notice the ONLY person dating is working all week and only dates on the weekend. Thats how much importance they place on their love lives.

Cos' its been tiring popping by after days and its always the blinking garden or season themed love lines. And all you see are scenes after scenes related to work. Ain't no one obssessed about being in a relationship except Jeong Wan. And even he is not pushing it.

I think only the fans/viewers are more anxious.

The storyline outside of love is still fine though

• Like 2

@superspace I agree that Ikjun already know by now. But I think his first suspision was when the four of them eat together. I think he noticed that Jun Wan was jealous of Chihong, then ask him for a drink? Maybe after that he review Jun wan previous action as jealousy.

The snowcrab thing was definitely a hard evidence. When he came back suddendly it was to troll Jung Wan. But I do think he will pretend ignorance, and probably will pull "jae hyuk mode" to Jun Wan later. I am sure it'll be epic and hillarious! Cannot wait.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

To be honest I like how the stories are winding up heading into episode 12.

Jeong Wan is now the CS chief and has learnt to be more compassionate in explaining to the patients and relatives. He also finally finds someone whom he loves deeply and is not selfish and willing to sacrifice for her.

Ik Jun who is overworked finally divorced his cheating ex- wife and can move on with his son. He has learnt to give time to himself and he has his band. Well he had his band its going to break up.

Song Hwa who I suspect has had guys after her her WHOLE life finally prioritizes her health before work. She is about the only one who has a consistent hobby outside work. She works hard and plays hard. And I am happy she is taking it easy. That was a lot of painkillers she took. Triple dose in fact.

Jeong Won who loves God his whole life finally screws up the courage to follow his dream. It is not exactly nice that I support a doctor who cries that hard affer losing his long term patients since he is a paediatric surgeon. If he chooses to minister to his parish emotionally rather than surgical skills why not? He has his friends and family. And he finally has the consistent funds to support his philanthropy.

SH and his mother can move on now that the father has died. He has finally met a team who recognises his true worth and not see the fuddy duddy exterior. Bonus he has a nice hardworking resident who is bold enough to confess first. Since if left up to him he won't do anything. Plus he really wanted the band. And he had his band.

And all these professors don't need a male- female love to make their lives fulfilled.

There. That's my take on Hospital Playlist. And I do like Ahn Chi Hong a lot. And its so nice to meet a nice Hospital Chairman and Surgery chief of staff.

• Like 10
  • Love 4

The speed of this forum tells us how much anxious we all are.... xan't wait for next episode, final one... don't want it to end and when it will we will all be nostalgic and empty awaiting its return.

Btw i read over twitter that next season will start from december 2... is it really confirmed???

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Deltay said:

Btw i read over twitter that next season will start from december 2... is it really confirmed???

@Deltay I read from twitter too, seems like there is scheduled TVN serie with 5 actors name on it during 12 weeks on Thursday so it should air during Dec - Feb, however that could be changed too I suspect...

Some twitter comment said that SS2 will start filming Q3-Q4 or Nov this year (the script is under writing process for now) but SS1 start filming the at least half season (6 EP) before the actual air time and span over 7 months so I doubt if SS2 start quite late then the chance of SS2 airing in 2021 maybe more realistic.

I hope there is no much cliffhanger so we can wait patiently for another year! at least IkSong and WinterGarden please PD nim!!

• Like 8
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

Hospital Playlist is obviously not just a show about lovelines. But it is a show that focus a lot on relationships... romance being one of them so we can’t really ignore that. 

Though the show is not primarily about who the 5 should date or end up with, romantic relations are being explored in the story and they do have an impact on the storyline. Like in real life, emotions can play a part in our decision-making and their decisions affect how the story goes...hence the attention to all their various lovelines. 

We’ve already seen huge impacts on the storyline based on love related issues. 

Songhwa is moving away to Sokcho, partly because of the mess between her, Capt Ahn & Ikjun. 

Junwan is in distress because the love of his life is going to be away from him for the next 3 years. 

It may irk others that JW’s love life seem to be all that some are talking about this week but one can’t really help it as his storyline is the only one that is built on the fundamentals of whether he’ll be here next year based on what he chooses ...being a priest or to stay as a doctor? He’s had the same friends for the past 20 years. His family had always been there for him. His love for God has never wavered either. So......Why now? Why this point in his life?

It didn’t help that the director/writer decided to bait us & withhold his decision until the final episode. His story could very likely be the highlight of the last episode. 

It’s great that they’ll all written as capable individuals, excellent in their work & having a wonderful friendship with one another but it’s also very human to fall in/out of love. I love these characters more for how real they seem...once we’ve gotten a glimpse into their friendship, their work life, their family & of cos, their love life. So if love is going to make them happier & more fulfilled, then why not? It’s precisely because of how well written these characters are that I’m here laughing & crying along with them. So I’ll root for them & for the love they all so rightfully deserve. (Is it weird that I’m so in love with fictional characters?!? Haha.)

Appreciating everyone’s effort in sharing HP related stuff. Thank you.. pls keep them coming. One more episode to go for this season! 

• Like 19
  • Love 3

i hope in season 2 this winter garden scene will have more airtime :wub:, or writernim can you write another drama and cast this WINTER GARDEN Couple as your lead actors :blush: or can you make them transfer to Hospital suburb branch start their life story there :lol: with another drama but related as WINTERGARDEN

• Like 4
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, Deltay said:

The speed of this forum tells us how much anxious we all are.... xan't wait for next episode, final one... don't want it to end and when it will we will all be nostalgic and empty awaiting its return.

Haven't heard of any such rumors? What I know is that there were speculations of season 2 coming by mid 2021.

But I really want what you said to be true.

In the mean time what are we gonna do? I hope something so nice and refreshing comes soon to help us with HP withdrawal....:pensive:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20200526006200315

Retro trend continues with TV drama soundtracks

SEOUL, May 26 (Yonhap) -- As the recent decade has seen a revival of the 1980s and 1990s in many sectors, such as fashion and food, retro music has been making its mark on South Korean pop culture, especially in TV dramas.

The weekend romance series "When My Love Blooms" on tvN is a story about a middle-aged man and woman, who were in love in their 20s. Twenty years later, the two come across one another again and look back at their lives as college students.

As the drama changes back and forth from the present to the past, its soundtracks of 1980-90s songs play a major role in representing the past and conjuring the memories of first love.

Retro ballads, including "Hug You in My Arms" by Yoo Jae-ha and "Blessing" by Deulgukhwa, and popular dance music, such as "Turn Around and Look At Me" by Deux, show the atmosphere and the youth culture of the 1990s. 

51A48A63-07FE-4FAB-9C30-D6BFD0B4E95F.jpg

A teaser image of "Hospital Playlist" by tvN (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

The popular tvN medical drama "Hospital Playlist," revolving around five doctors reunited 20 years after graduating from college, uses old school music in a more prominent way.

The characters of the series enjoy music from their younger days as members of a college band.

Each episode has its own theme song, which is a remake of once-popular music, including "Lonely Night" (1997) by rock band Boohwal for the first episode and "In Front of City Hall at the Subway Station" (1990) by Zoo for the sixth episode.

In particular, "Aloha," a remake of pop group Cool's 2001 song covered by lead actor Jo Jung-suk, topped local music charts upon its release after the third episode.

"Old Korean pop songs have good words with a lyrical story. I wanted to arrange pieces in a way that keeps retro emotions in the songs and adds some modern style," said Ma Joo-hee, music producer of "Hospital Playlist." "I hope people want to listen to our soundtracks after watching the show, and the music recalls the drama as well." 

brk@yna.co.kr 
(END)

• Like 7

2 hours ago, nhquan94 said:

IK Sun, in another world :lol:

She is not going to UK Junwan ahh, don't worry, she still in Seoul :joy:

Is it a still from HP or any pic from her previous works?

If it is from HP, then who's the lady besides her? Jun wan's mom:sweatingbullets:

But her hairs are long here:sweat: (looking beautiful anyway....)

Well if we notice, in HP except JGW no female lead or side-lead has got long hairs..... whyeo??:rolleyes:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 1