[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

What if all five move to sokcho? It wouldn't be too bad to set the next season in a hospital that is not as busy and everyone has more free time for band practises. Can also be like RDTK....I guess it's just my wishful thinking. LOL. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 13

17 minutes ago, JungRok said:

3. Seokhyung jealousy? When was this?

2. I think they will go for Season 2 to explain backstory. Empathatic person? If the person is emotionally attached to people, then I think in past history, Dr Priest had his share of love but then, it was unfruitful. Maybe that 1st love made a comeback in season 2 and Gyeo Ul in the way?? If they gonna do the drama setting in 2021 after "SongHwa break in Sokcho", then Gyeo Ul is technically gone since she went for Board exam and maybe a fellowship (3rd year to 4th year then to fellow) 

1. Yes. No real admit scene. But it was hinted someone in the group. Could be Ik Jun because the camera pans/transition to his face whenever Song Hwa staring at him. I think in S2, we will get SHwa POV flashback

you can read Seokhyung's description here

EUsRGf2U8AIpqko?format=jpg&name=large

• Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, JungRok said:

We wont see Gyeo Ul in 2021.. by the time Song Hwa returns to Yulje. 

It seems only the 5 main characters are confirmed fot s2??

Hmm if there is anyone that I think will not comeback for S2, it is captain Ahn. But I'm pretty sure Gyeo ul, Min ha, Iksun and Do Jae Hak will definitely comeback. They can't build such beautiful characters only to abandon them after one season. These 4 especially are linked directly to our Fab five, 3 of whom romantically involved. Patients stories aside, romance is also the main factor that is hooking up the viewers. If Gyeo ul leaves and Wintergarden doesn't happen, I bet more than half of the viewers will simply stop watching the show. LOL. Whether all these ships sail or not is a different matter but they will drag it till the last ep of the last season just to keep the viewers hooked. LOL.

• Like 14
  • Love 5

6 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Hmm if there is anyone that I think will not comeback for S2, it is captain Ahn. But I'm pretty sure Gyeo ul, Min ha, Iksun and Do Jae Hak will definitely comeback. They can't build such beautiful characters only to abandon them after one season. These 4 especially are linked directly to our Fab five, 3 of whom romantically involved. Patients stories aside, romance is also the main factor that is hooking up the viewers. If Gyeo ul leaves and Wintergarden doesn't happen, I bet more than half of the viewers will simply stop watching the show. LOL. Whether all these the ships sail or not is a different matter but they will drag it till the last ep of the last season just to keep the viewers hooked. LOL.

Well i am only deducing here. Because the way of the residency works. It is kinda different from where i am? They are still residents. Chu Min Ha is still 2nd year, so she had a shot to be Ob Gyn Couple in 2021 after the time skip. 

Gyeo Ul in 2021, i dont know whether she still be in Yulje or not. Similarly with Do Jae Hak. Ik Sun; well maybe more skype thingy. Haha. 

What if the writer takes a bold step and use Corona as a crisis in the series - like put a stop in everyone plan

These days, I have to constantly remind myself that Jo Jung-suk and Jeon Mi-do are both happily married with their respective spouses. And that they just happen to be soooo good at acting KFDSLKFJSDKLF:JBKJSFGL:KSRHGJKHRSG and that I should stop shipping them (but of course, not their characters) together.

hospitalplaylist08-00208.jpg

EYk26AxVAAAzBFq?format=jpg&name=small

• LOL 15

12 minutes ago, JungRok said:

Well i am only deducing here. Because the way of the residency works. It is kinda different from where i am? They are still residents. Chu Min Ha is still 2nd year, so she had a shot to be Ob Gyn Couple in 2021 after the time skip. 

Gyeo Ul in 2021, i dont know whether she still be in Yulje or not. Similarly with Do Jae Hak. Ik Sun; well maybe more skype thingy. Haha. 

What if the writer takes a bold step and use Corona as a crisis in the series - like put a stop in everyone plan

Wait why are you so sure that there is going to be a time jump and the next season will start in 2021? Was it mentioned anywhere? For all we know, they could just pick up from where they left off. Not denying the possibility of a time jump, but even if it happens, I think the writer nim will make it such that the important side characters can make a comeback. I don't want to know the hows of it, I just know that they will not abandon these characters. 

I don't want to guess anything until I watch the last ep. Maybe you are right. Gyeo ul will get rejected once again and she may not comeback. Seeing the popularity of Wintergarden, it's highly unlikely for them to sink this ship. They will just keep it open-ended. We will see I guess. 

• Like 14

@__jesse You are so right about the script. That is why I am not so keen in analyzing the actors' expressions. It is also not that hard to believe if the director used cuts with ambiguous expressions from the actors. My rule - do not put much thought into anything unless something is explicitly said or shown.

Random thoughts:

- The scenes with Rosa and wintergarden couple have positive background music, You Always and Canon in D. The PD generating positive vibes that JW will not be a priest and me helplessly falling for it. If ever JW becomes a priest, I declare PD is a bad man. That is straight up deception and not ambiguity. Hahaha.

- I really like what the PD did with Dr Jang's first operation. He could put a romantic twist on it but instead he highlighted the development of Dr Jang's career. It was really civil but there is still that subtle "sweetness" from the two doctors. Script-wise and scene-wise, no romance. But that "sweetness", that is a result of the 10-episode build-up. Gosh. I hate the PD for generating feels.

- JJS good acting skills really shine in this episode. That twitch on the eye when he look at JW when they saw SongHa and JunWan mouthwatering the samgyupsal. How natural he patted SongHa in the elevator.The intense scene with ACH when he "confess". The emotion when he sang. No one comes close in this drama. Subtle. No overacting.

- The bear-bear couple has only one scene but it was a good one. Minha is cute. The actress portraying her will be given more projects. There is something so natural with her acting.

If I would have something to complain about this drama is that it's only way of moving forward is with this too many individual story lines with romance as its highlight. See, the Reply series ends when the story gets to the present age. The prison playbook ends when he gets out of prison. It has that kind of focus. This drama does not have one or it might even have too many? It's like I get a single lick from every flavor of ice cream but not eat a single scoop of one. You know what I mean?

• Like 14
  • Love 8

1 hour ago, aliciavikanderrr said:

Hi, all! After 11 episodes, I keep wondering 3 things:
1. who’s the real Songhwa’s first love? If I am not mistaken, there is no scene that tell us “this is her first love”
2. who’s Jeongwon’s love in his 20s?
3. why Jeongwon triggered Seokhyung’s jealousy?

I am sorry I skip reading lots of pages in this thread. I don’t know if one of you may answer this. Yes, all of your theories are mind-blown. But next week is the last episode, I hope PD&writer make it clear about those 3 :) 

As far as I know, until Ep 11 none of these 3 questions are answered yet. There are some hints that Ikjun was Songhwa's first love, but it's not clear as we don't get yet the flashback from Songhwa's POV.
IMO, rather than curious of who is whose first love, it's more important to know how their feeling are right now. Because this drama is different from Reply series (sorry, I have to compare it again). In Reply series, the present timeline are set up as fix story (the ending), and we are brought to their past timeline to learn the growth journey of how they become a couple.
But in Hospital Playlist, the present timeline is continuing, and the flashback were established as the background story of Lacking 5's arcs. Whatever happens in the past, it does not truly matter if in the present, their hearts are changed.
Right now, I can't see Songhwa will end up with Ikjun (or one of Lacking 5), because until Ep 11, I saw her interaction with them are pure platonic. She treats all of them as best friends and she is comfortable with this dynamic. Actually I even can't picture Songhwa has any romance feeling right now :sweatingbullets:, because her character seems too independent, and she enjoys being single (she even decided to move to Sokcho in her own without discussing with Lacking 5 first).
|f she really end up with Ikjun, I think their loveline will have a long journey to break up the friendship zone first :)

• Like 11

30 minutes ago, queue said:

@__jesse You are so right about the script. That is why I am not so keen in analyzing the actors' expressions. It is also not that hard to believe if the director used cuts with ambiguous expressions from the actors. My rule - do not put much thought into anything unless something is explicitly said or shown.

Random thoughts:

- The scenes with Rosa and wintergarden couple have positive background music, You Always and Canon in D. The PD generating positive vibes that JW will not be a priest and me helplessly falling for it. If ever JW becomes a priest, I declare PD is a bad man. That is straight up deception and not ambiguity. Hahaha.

- I really like what the PD did with Dr Jang's first operation. He could put a romantic twist on it but instead he highlighted the development of Dr Jang's career. It was really civil but there is still that subtle "sweetness" from the two doctors. Script-wise and scene-wise, no romance. But that "sweetness", that is a result of the 10-episode build-up. Gosh. I hate the PD for generating feels.

- JJS good acting skills really shine in this episode. That twitch on the eye when he look at JW when they saw SongHa and JunWan mouthwatering the samgyupsal. How natural he patted SongHa in the elevator.The intense scene with ACH when he "confess". The emotion when he sang. No one comes close in this drama. Subtle. No overacting.

- The bear-bear couple has only one scene but it was a good one. Minha is cute. The actress portraying her will be given more projects. There is something so natural with her acting.

If I would have something to complain about this drama is that it's only way of moving forward is with this too many individual story lines with romance as its highlight. See, the Reply series ends when the story gets to the present age. The prison playbook ends when he gets out of prison. It has that kind of focus. This drama does not have one or it might even have too many? It's like I get a single lick from every flavor of ice cream but not eat a single scoop of one. You know what I mean?

Yup. I understand. In Playbook, we saw the end of Jae Hyuk's Shawshank Redemption journey (is that his name, I forgot, hehe)

I knew the series is highlighting all 5 lives and subtle insertion of patients drama. 

The series is also about people in their mid life and the present and focusing about doctors. It is open ended story because in the end of day, you still have to wake up for tomorrow to fulfill your doctor obligation.

I think the PD will use this approach to create an open ending story - no epic conclusion like CLOY ending or happy ending

but a "hint" where everyone lives just went on as usual. Hurmm maybe like the Lets Eat series? Welp idk. 

Well... somehow author should conclude the IJ story..

my bet- they will just stay friends until one side is ready to open up. No more dating life for Song Hwa. Hahaha. I think SongHwa will clear the tension and awkward among them. Plus, she is getting a 1-year break. Chi Hong will be gone soon after as he finishes 4th year in the year she is gone. Idk if her decision is to avoid both or just to run away from awkwardness.

Dr Priest? Hurmm maybe Priesthood journey is delayed. Well maybe in S2, we will see his backstory about love life.. He is virgin, claimed by IJ. So I kinda want to see how a busy doctor in 40s realistically dating. if he ends up with Winter Gyeo Ul. Hope she stays as a felloe doctor in Yulje too..as she is entering 4th year!!

I bet good ending is with Seok Hyung. Poor guy endure for several years with bad dad and poor mom. Somewhere in s2, he will deliver the younger brother birth? I hope he is with Minha Bear. Altho there is a hint Minha will invoke SH jealousy - she had a lot of boy friends. So maybe the writer will make tease of SH gullible character about it.

I remember that he cut off contact with the father and it seems the father is really surprised to see SeokHyung actually work in the hospital  he was admitted.

For Jun Wan.. hurmm i dont see the direction of his character can evolve? Maybe LDR tips? Idk in S2. 

• Like 3

Since episode 10 we got confession and ‘feel good’ episode, there no way production team will give peacefull episode this week. I was prepared myself, just in case the worst thing happened.

Last episode has gloomy and sad vibe, watching last episode make me anxious and uncomfortable especially iksong scene, but ikjun and jungwan on call scene can make it up, that scene is just pure hilarious and funny, even after repeating for countless time that scene is still make me laugh. Jo Jung suk expression is so damn funny, this man surely has knack on comedy. I never watch recent jung kyung hoo project, as long as I remember, I only watch his in im sorry I love, which a long decade ago LoL. I’m honestly surprised because jung kyung hoo acting is so good. His chemistry with jo jung suk is top, the best. If anything bad happened, jung wan didn’t end up with iksun, or ikjun didn’t endep up with songhwa, I will be fine as long as both of them (ikjun and jungwan) still together as friend. Honestly I can watch them bickering all day. Those two grown adult men just too cute to be true. Envy gummy and sooyung. Pftt.

Ikjun already know that iksun and jungwan together right? I think he already know. There no way, such a quick witted and observer like ikjun doesn’t find suspicious. Seems like ikjun already know, but he waited both of them to tell.

Regarding Ahn Chi hong, to be completely honest, I’m grateful to writer that he is the one tangled in triangle love between ikjun and song hwa. Hence, For the past few day, I read in this forum said that andrea has possible love line with songhwa. Just imagine ikjun-songhwa-andrea (or any other boy from ot5) tangled in triangle  love is scare hell out me. I’m already tortured watching ikjun vs chi hong. I might stop watching if ikjun vs andrea. 

If any of you watching jealousy incarnate, jjs character is such jerk, but he is so good at there, I am enjoy watching him being jealous and petty. While I found jjs and gong hyo jin being jealous and pettt is funny and entertaing, but I don’t feel that in hospital playlist. When iksong and chihong together in lift, I want skip that part because is so tense and awkward to watch. Hey, the lift large, why they are crambled together in there?

I think in this season, we will not get any couple together, basically this season is set-up for the next season. There no way ikjoon and songhwa will have happy ending in this season, I’m sure they will ended up together but maybe in last episode of season three. LoL. We all know, this duo pd writer will stracth to last episode.

Be patience! A year isn’t too long right?? huft

• Like 12
  • Sad 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

Hmm if there is anyone that I think will not comeback for S2, it is captain Ahn. But I'm pretty sure Gyeo ul, Min ha, Iksun and Do Jae Hak will definitely comeback. They can't build such beautiful characters only to abandon them after one season. These 4 especially are linked directly to our Fab five, 3 of whom romantically involved. Patients stories aside, romance is also the main factor that is hooking up the viewers. If Gyeo ul leaves and Wintergarden doesn't happen, I bet more than half of the viewers will simply stop watching the show. LOL. Whether all these ships sail or not is a different matter but they will drag it till the last ep of the last season just to keep the viewers hooked. LOL.

@kokodus

LoL, not sure for other viewers but I will be out for sure.

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

This Ik Jung- Song Wah - Chi Hong love triangle is...SIGH. Ik Jun had 20 years of friendship. Chi Hong had 4 years of being her resident. Song Wah is over that love during her 20’s. Ik Jung is given a chance for his first love. Chi Hong is opening his heart to a new love. Them poor hearts.

My two babies -Jeong Won & Gyeo-ul. Our Winter Garden :wub:. It was a rather slow yet steady development...but I wouldn’t have it any other way. That OR scene was very romantic, I agree. Winter is coming. Gyeo-ul’s moment to shine. Faced with a much bigger challenge. Can she refuse Rosa’s desperate plea to convince Jeong Won to stay? I have faith in this girl. 

Will we get an answer on whether Jeong Won did or did he not sneak a visit to ER when Gyeo-ul had a drug allergy reaction? Was he responsible for arranging Gyeo-ul’s phone, glasses and ID badge? Thursday, please come sooner...

• Like 5
  • Love 7

My wild theory for who will be with SongHwa in Sokcho. Is either Junwan or Jeongwon. Junwan because he would be lonely and decided to visit SH, and the way SH call out, could be because he started to eat without her (looks like she was organizing stuff). 

Jeongwon, I just feel like there is more to his headache backstory, maybe he will take SH’s lead and rest a bit at their hospital branch. 

I see SH will gently try to avoid the awkwardness that is Ik Jun situation, and SeokHyeong cant possibly leave the city away from his mom even for a short time. 

Why do I feel director Chairman Jung Su and Rosa is a foreshadow to the relationship SongHwa will have with one of her bestfriends. She will probably marry someone else, but will still hangout together with one of them, and if madam rosa is the indication, it might be jeongwon

• Like 1

I just have a feeling that if the PD give us a totally uncertain ending then I could drop Season 2 :joy: My poor brain and heart cannot handle this over the next 1 year 

I once said that although I support IJ-SHwa, I am totally fine for CH-SHwa if the story makes sense. However after ep 11 I don't like ACH character anymore (sorry to his supporter). You all know that SHwa feels uncomfortable alone with you, you promised to keep the line and you crossed it, not once but twice. How is your respect to your crush? How come you put yourself ahead and not care for her feeling?

While the other ships seem well (yup with some struggles but will definitely sails), for me now: at least some clearer for IJ-SHwa or I will drop :glasses:

• Like 10
  • Love 1