[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

I dont know of it is discussed before or of it's even relevant but IJ- Song hwa almost always(except maybe 2 times) sit next to each other during group scenes, The important kalguksu, toboki, the meat scene they are opposite each other the gang sitting together to work in VIP room  even in van during the first meeting. Importance is being given to smaller clues than thia. So maybe this is also important. Sorry if it sounds silly.

• Like 7
  • Love 3

5 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

matchmaking, knowing what one likes and predicting a gift for them , - epic fail - He is my EMMA minus the vanity

So who will end up being his “Knightley”?  Emma and Knightley had a similar vibe initially (with IJ-Jang) and they were 16(?) years apart in age?  Thursday is not long away.  More pieces of the puzzle will be revealed.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, romancetrash said:

Speaking about romantic relationship between mentor and mentee, I found something interesting between the differences between Korean doctors' reaction vs American doctors'.

Since both the doctors and the interns are adults, it does not matter if there is a relationship. Since we know Jang is 29, and the others are 40,  if the feelings are mutual like MAYBE MH and SH, than it is worth a try.  I am sure these things happen in real life too !!

12 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

why are they called winter garden or flower garden or whatever garden? And when did they reveal his name is andrea?

I think it was in the first episode where his name came up as Andrea.  

1 hour ago, triplem said:

Of course you can continue posting your thoughts here, but I noticed everyone is just getting a little edgy.  So let's stay calm,  people. 

you are right!  It is just a drama and there is no need to get hyper with any ship.  But what truly bothers me is the fact that one set of people become the perpetrators and we lose out on an entire group who are scared to voice their views.  Let's all be tolerant of others views and likings and if you don't like a post as @triplem said, just skip it.  IF you have an open mind, then read it, and agree to disagree and move on.  

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks!
  • Like 4
  • Unamused 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

I just saw the character description of the 5 main leads in this early thread, and in one of JWon character's description, it mentions something along "The love that came in his 20s, the honor that he got in his 30s" 

I feel like this is the one that will connect his character to Songhwa, I always feel among the guy, Songhwa has the least connection with him even if they are still friends, both of their character' description mentioned about love in their 20s but at the end of the day they chose their career and their passion, patient over any love. I feel like this would be the biggest plot twist in the series, bc I feel like the writers purposely avoid making these two characters interact one on one up until ep 10. Probably for the purpose of the plot twist

Though I am not shipping these two characters at all , I definitely love Iksong they have more chemistry together and definitely feel they are made for each other lol

I just feel like this is the thing that will connect these two bc Ikjun already has connection with Dr Jang (Jwon's love interest). And it seems like they will reveal who was Songhwa's first love in ep 11

Or it could be all my imagination who knows

• Like 3

3 hours ago, im0202 said:

The last Relay Cam runner, Ahn Chi-Hong

thank you for the trans! :wub:  

uri Chihongie~ when i see him with Seonbin i was like “ohh they get along well~” then i see him with Prof Chae and i was like “but yeah i know where my heart belongs to” lol

anyway, i really love NS Team!! My boring team!!

19C92C32-A588-49B3-8DE1-C58C8AC0D8CB.jpg

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Hmm.. i thought their story is in there to draw a parallel to someone else's story..

but yea..it could be stand alone arc as well since HP is more about friendship unlike family theme of 94 or 88 (97 i don't count because that was this team's 1st attempt and script wise it is simpler)

It can go both ways right. I have not been getting any more than friends vibe yet from Rosa and Chairman for now. 

So if they are going to remain friends for the rest of the life, it is also possible that its in parallel with fab5 friendship or the opposite to one of the pair in the fab5. 

• Like 12

If I were to rank the 5 based on their romantic pursuits, JWan is difinitely numero uno. He is basically Julius Caesar. Veni,vidi, vici, anyone?

Runner up would probably be IJ. Marks lost because he kind of backs off in the presence of competitors. He pulled back many years ago after SHwa rejected SHyung. He checked himself when Capt Ahn stated interest towards SHwa. With all of his romantic meddling (JWon-GW), it is quite endearing how he was unable to be bold like JWan in making a move. By leaving the interpretation of his words to SHwa, IJ is giving her an opening to reject him if she doesn't feel the same way. But if he is serious about this, he really needs to answer honestly in the next episode. If he strongly denies this for whatever reason, SHwa will back off.

Is SHwa interested? I think she definitely is. Her reaction to IJ vs SHyung/ Capt Ahn supports this. But the two men was direct with her. And maybe because Capt Ahn was her subordinate, she is brave enough to seek his clarification. For this she deserves to be ranked 3rd.  IJ however, is her friend. At the very least, she will want to be sure that SHyung would be fine with this if she were to date IJ. The show is hinting that she likes IJ a teeny bit more than friends.

JWon is without doubt the worst, most likely because all this while his number one love is the most heavenly of all. While I stand with my belief that I don't feel anything for the JWon-GW ship, if they were to be a couple, JWon has the most work to do on the romance front.

Based on his confession to SHwa, SHyung is actually more deserving as #2. But lets just look at the current timeline. Up until MH's revelation, SHyung is the one who is not projecting/expecting romantic vibes from anyone. So I think for now we can keep him at the side lines. It was obvious that was the last thing he expected to hear from MH. Since he never thought about it, then he doesn't really know how to react to that. But I think, SHyung will carefully consider this matter. To me this ship can go either way but it has the potential of being a fun and funny relationship.

As the show will span over a few seasons, I wonder if this will be the final OTP. We already see a significant development in the JWan/IS trajectory. Will they be in a long distance relationship? Or will they break up? For now, I look forward to what else we will learn about these people in the upcoming penultimate episode of S1.

• Like 9
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 3

7 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

I asked this before, does anyone have any theories on why we have Rosa-Chairman relationship in this show, instead of mom and dad groups and showing camaraderie amongst them? the sole focus seems to be on childhood friendship.

Does it signify something?

For me, i view them as a voice of reason. Ju represents IkJun and Ro-Sa is SongHwa. So whatever Ro-sa says to her son, is SongHwa's feels for JeungWon :D 

• LOL 2

2 minutes ago, cheesethatnotsocheesey said:

@stella_512I really like your thoughts and can't help but laughing at the only triangle is God-Jeongwonn-Gyeoul hahaha.

I hope both writer and pd won't deceive us this time.

Let we all pray and wait for it hahah. 

I hope so as well :D

Let's wait :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You know that joke that goes

Poem: ”the curtains were blue”

what your teacher thinks the author meant: “the curtains represent his immense depression and lack of will to carry on” 

what the author meant :”the curtains were blue”

Just a joke haha

but really hospital playlist wouldn’t have been this interesting if it weren’t for yall theories

cant believe i been looking forward to thursday for the past two months... its not even a crime thriller..

also lately ive fallen for jo jungsuk .. i watched oh my ghost, exit, and jealousy something

any work of his you recommend?

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

all the alternative theories are making me nervous, for once I want the writer/director to stop fooling the viewers with all these possible alternative pairings and just present it as it is.

Will be good to not play the guessing game for once.... (Prison playbook doesn't count!) :/

If anything, the ost merchandise (the ikjun songhwa and junwan iksun cards) makes my hopes for normal pairings a little higher...?

:joy:

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

Seems like there are intense posts here. But I blame the writer for this. Haha. Just kidding. The fact that we get all worked up just to prove that our main ship is the endgame means the writer is doing an awesome job confusing all of us. I have a feeling that our couple preference stems from our personality and experiences. Unlike most KDramas, the pairings are already decided from the start. In HP, we honestly don’t know. Only the writers know and I think even the cast do not know. What we can offer as of now are theories and hints. I know we are all strangers here in this forum but let’s try to be chill about our ships. Haha. Sometimes, it comes to a point that it’s not about the ship anymore but our stubbornness to be proven right. There is more to this drama than pairings. As much as we want our ships to sail (I am in the minority I think), let’s enjoy the other side of this drama: friendship, family and life in general (not to mention the funny lines and scenes). It honestly reminds me of the friendship in FRIENDS. I didn’t like Ross and Rachel as a couple but it was not much of a big deal because the whole story of the gang is what I was rooting for.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I might be late for this. But I shared it anyway. Just done with ep 10. It's such a fun and romantic episode last week. So it seems our band members start meeting their fated partner. I am glad that Jeong Won is taking the bait that set by IJ. He's such a cool cupid here! Both JG and CMA are best friend. But MA is much straightforward in pursuing the one she likes. I like how confident and honest she is when confessing to SH. 

I can't stop laughing at Ju Hwan. Poor him, he always annoyed at IJ whenever he praises and likes CH more. He should tell him "I'm dating your sister!" To make him stop. Lol

At first, I thought it would be SH who will come for WJ. Then suddenly I change, ah.. it couldn't be his ex wife, then it's IS. But it is really SH who comes. Oohh... when she asked him what he did for himself, he answered her with a confession. Ommmo.... SH ya.... he likes you since ages ago, did you know that or pretend not to know it? Ah... why they just let it away like that... then what happens?? Hahaha... I'm curious. Poor CH! I guess he'll be brokenheart if he knows this. SH unknowingly she cares for IJ more than just a friend I guess. But she didn't realized it yet or she did. 

That corrupt and rude doctor, forgot his name, can someone fire him?? He's really getting on my nerve. The hospital got many complaints about him but he deleted. Seriously! What a jerk! 

Last but not least, the ending always shocking. SH's mom is quite unbelievable. Does she mean it for saying she still love her husband. Oh gosh... she should take care that mistress while her husband in bed now. Fight for good and show her you're the boss. That mistress is just using her husband for his wealth. 

• Like 15
  • Love 1

I come in peace. I apologize in advance should my post cause the reader any form of distress (or laughter :D). Not trying to be profound, only my silly mind on overdrive.

Was there a scene I missed wherein the camera was focused on Joeng Won’s Crocs? Specifically on the jibbitz charms? Was it a scene with Song Wah from previous episodes? Did Jeong Won played footsies with Song Wah? Nah...but she did with Ik Jun though. Flashback- cafeteria scene with JW and CH, she kicked him under the table, very hard to miss that part :D.

I certainly didn’t miss the focus on coffees, mugs, loafer shoes, even yukjeon (from Gyeu-ol) from previous episodes.

There was one for Jeong Won and Gyeo-ul. Rewind episode 5 - ED scene. Gyeo-ul chased abusive father. Camera focused on Jeong Won’s Crocs (no zooming on the jibbitz charms thoughnext to his are Gyeo-ul’s Crocs and stethoscope :D.

Rainbow - One rainy night. Who shared that moment with Jeong Won? It was Gyeo-ul, right? Outside ED entrance, he was just leaving, she was arriving dropped by her brother (now we know:D). However, on two rainy nights, Song Wah was with Ik Jun. In one, she was minding U-ju who was running a temperature. Later, indirect confession from Ik Jun as they share a meal. Beautiful scene, by the way. If rainbow came out, it wasn’t shown yet...who with? We don’t know:o

Flower - who walked in the GS’s communal office/lounge (whatever you call it) just as they were celebrating Gyeo-ul being (supposedly) confessed by a guy? It was Jeong Won. She had the bouquet of red roses (though not sunflower but still a flower).

(**The significance is the colour red. One of the two scenes between Jeong Won and Gyeo-ul shared where colour red stood out (flashback red Eskie - content liver donor). I was wondering, he has his own office why there when he was supposed to work? LOL!)

Ik Jun and Song Wah shared a scene too that colour red stood out. Flashback - basement parking scene waiting for Jun Wan’s car. She was holding a red flask and the exchange of holds between them. Her top was yellow (colour of sunflower).

Turtle - with the slow burn and speed Jeong Won is going when to acknowledge his feelings towards Gyeo-ul (I’m telling you know it’s NOT hate:D). It is turtle speed.

• Like 9
  • Love 7
  • Awesome 1