[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

7 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

@ktcjdrama

Can you check the sub in Chinese in this scene 

(Ep9 , 5.29 ) , how can our innocent oppa be a perverted just like Jwan ( later have reputation in Hawaii but  oppa is so innocent)

The Chinese version also use the word perverted. But actually that word has another meaning as in “abnormal” ~ I think what SH is trying to say is both of them have another side to them that people aren’t aware of. 

3 hours ago, nrllee said:

SHwa is his doctor.  Someone pointed out to me there are XRays of his head (he’s the patient) which have her name (as the attending doctor) on it.  He’s seen her for his headaches.  That’s why after he popped the pill he looked at her and said something about My doctor told me to catch it early.  She may have asked him to quit smoking (as his doctor), hence his crushing of the cigarette.

You mean after the talk with IJ, he suddenly remembered his doctor's order and crushed his cigarette?

May I know which episode was shown the X-ray that he's gone to SongHwa as a patient? That will give me peace in knowing that his headache is really a mild one and nothing alarming. That there's nothing we should worry about since we have SongHwa, whom I assume to be the commanding doctor in NS at Yulje, as his doctor. It is of course very possible that she asked him to quit smoking, although I'm not sure how smoking is related to NS that she has to advice so to a patient... but whatever it is, I do hope he and IJ stop smoking.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Chingu-deul.. I want ask something with cold-headed to people in here.. I want to broad my view.. as someone who only watch Reply 97.. I want to ask if Najung's husband is Trash oppa n Deoksun's husband is Taek really worthy to be called as plot twist ? Or they call it plot twist coz denial from other ship ? Coz in my mind, plot twist it’s more something like I didn’t expect at all.. Like police have 4 suspects perpetrator, but in the end the perpetrator not from that 4 suspects perpetrator.. like Hoya character which a gay in Reply 97.. or in this drama, when IJ love at first sight to SH when university entrance interview.. coz I thought it's when met in that storage room. it's suddenly blowing my mind..

If they give us hint little by little i think it's not worthy to be called plot twist.. n if we as viewer when we watch drama we said "i knew it, it will be like that or this" i think it cant be called plot twist anymore.. i want to know more view from people in here..

Thank you chingu-deul..

https://ddoboja.blogspot.com/2020/05/spoilersddoboja-catches-up-on-hospital_17.html

New video reason why Dr. Bong close his saloon.. :lol:

Review drama from pediatrician doctor

Turn CC for Eng Sub

• Like 4
  • Love 1

59 minutes ago, zonk90 said:

I want to ask if Najung's husband is Trash oppa n Deoksun's husband is Taek really worthy to be called as plot twist ? Or they call it plot twist coz denial from other ship ? Coz in my mind, plot twist it’s more something like I didn’t expect at all.. 

sorry to cut your post, thank you for pointing those out.

I only watch Reply1997 and Reply1988 myself, and for me that's not a plot twist actually. Because I only need to guess which one is right between the two. So, I agree with you about plot twist thing.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zonk90 said:

Chingu-deul.. I want ask something with cold-headed to people in here.. I want to broad my view.. as someone who only watch Reply 97.. I want to ask if Najung's husband is Trash oppa n Deoksun's husband is Taek really worthy to be called as plot twist ? Or they call it plot twist coz denial from other ship ? Coz in my mind, plot twist it’s more something like I didn’t expect at all.. Like police have 4 suspects perpetrator, but in the end the perpetrator not from that 4 suspects perpetrator.. like Hoya character which a gay in Reply 97.. or in this drama, when IJ love at first sight to SH when university entrance interview.. coz I thought it's when meet in that storage room. it's suddenly blowing my mind..

If they give us hint little by little i think it's not worthy to be called plot twist.. n if we as viewer when we watch drama we said "i knew it, it will be like that or this" i think it cant be called plot twist anymore.. i want to know more view from people in here..

Thank you chingu-deul..

I’ve watched every one of the Reply dramas and I wouldn’t call the husband hunt plot twists, but, rather, plot development. If you watch the drama without bias, you’d realise that the signs are all there. So yes, I agree with you that they shouldn't be called plot twists.

There were a few plot twists here and there in R88. For example, Sunwoo was always finding excuses to go to Deoksun’s place, misleading the audience to think he was interested in her, but in fact, he was in love with Deoksun’s unnie, Bora.

Another example of a plot twist in HP include the overweight father who went MIA for a month, causing Ikjun to think he had fled, but in fact, he was secretly training to lose weight for the liver transplant.

It would be a real plot twist if Jeongwon likes Songhwa, or vice versa. But to justify that plot twist, the show would need to produce episodes worth of flashbacks, which frankly IMO is not this writer’s style.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, DBSKyoochun said:

I know that this is an unpopular opinion but I would like to voice it out. In Ep 10, what I feel for Jeongwon is pity. Everyone seems to shove their opinion into his throat like he is a kid who cannot think for himself.

His Mom nagging for him to get married and not go for priesthood.

Even Songhwa who seemed to understand him most of the time urges him to get married and find a nice lady.

Lastly, IkJun who gave him this long monologue about his feelings which he vehemently denied.

In all three scenes nobody asked for his opinion. Nobody asked him what he wants. They just assumed what’s best for him based on what they see is best for him. Even if he tried to explain it nobody acknowledged his answers. 

I have always questioned why he had to go to confession/church when he is lonely or confused rather than go to his friends. Ep 10 explained it well.

The contrast between his conversation with his brother and Ep 10 nagging scenes is evident. His oldest brother lets him rant about his frustrations by pretending to gobble his food. Then after Jeongwon is done, he gives his opinion. That is why Jeongwon follows his advice.

Interesting thought. I think it depends on our perspective on this. 

I think in real life we all have selected few people that we could open up to knowing that they would be able to understand or listen without judgement. I know I do. In this case its his brother that he could show his true vulnerable self as we've not seen him openly share his feelings with even his other 4 close friends. However, Dr Bong seems to know and I wonder how. :) There are those you'd share about things because you needed them to listen, there are other you'd share because you needed help to figure out the best solution forward. 

I know in a group of close friends, one would still be closer to one or two and would talk to different people about different concerns especially the initial sharing before telling the others. It can be seen with the case of his DLL programme - he had only told Song Hwa.

I see your point about him not asking for any advise yet these are offered voluntarily to him. Some advises are probably self-preferred like mother; others advise may well be because they understand him well and knew what is in his mind or what he needed to hear - his brother advised him to not become a priest, Ik Jun advised him to not, as did Song Hwa and the rest of the group. These people knew him longer than any of us do, despite flashback and the scenes, so I'd assume they would know him best after being close for that long. 

Considering his stubbornness, it is possible that they knew he would be quite adamant about going for it eventhough he is conflicted inside and the only way to try and help him to realise and accept would be by talking to him. I honestly don't expect anyone to completely stop him if he'd go ahead and decide anyway - in the end I know they would still respect his decision, including his mother. I think it was shared previously that Jeong Won is a manchild despite seeming perfect - honestly, for the youngest son of a chaebol, who would grow up being able to get anything he wishes for and able to do anything he''d like to do - its easy to predict that he would do it anyway. And like a child, he would think something is best for him, but needed others to guide him or open his eyes/mind to wider opportunities.

His brother advised him to not become a priest - yet he still insists - so I don't think he listened to anyone really.:D

• Like 19

Confession is not flashy.

I love this song since it came out in the first time. But after Ep 10, this song will never feel the same anymore :heart:

I wonder if we would get the scene where Gyeoul, Chilhong, Iksun and Minha watch 99s squad band peformance in live :D

• Like 11
  • Love 6

1 hour ago, sakura22 said:

@Uaenaforever I wonder if we'll ever see Jang Gyeo Ul as made up and dressed up like that even once in the drama. 

like this 

EXuxTEQUwAAOpCI?format=jpg&name=large

btw fun facts she and kim go eun + ahn eun jin who plays min ha are friends in real life,three of them active commenting+like in their sns (instagram). also dr ahn who had crush with seonghwa are her boyfriend in past project

EWNQgKDVAAEeUTV?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Like 18
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, Lalazhiii said:

Ok but anyone else curious why Jwan was exempted from military service ? 

Maybe his family is single parent family. So far only heard that he got a mother and sister but have not heard of father.

He might have been exempted due to family circumstances, this might be one of the reason why he need to come out to work early.

Just like how JJS in reality were also exempted from military service to support the family financially early.

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

21 minutes ago, ChunSungIm said:

like this 

btw fun facts she and kim go eun + ahn eun jin who plays min ha are friends in real life,three of them active commenting+like in their sns (instagram). also dr ahn who had crush with seonghwa are his boyfriend in past project

I also found a movie where Kim Jun-han (Dr. Ahn Chilhong) become a violence husband to Shin Hyun-bin (Gyeoul) :sweatingbullets:

And you will be surprised with Shin Hyunbin role in that movie which is totally different with Jang Gyeoul, but I love both :wub:

Spoiler

beasts-clawing-at-straws-film-photocall-

• Like 12
  • Love 1

Hello everyone.

I have been reading all the posts for some time and I am amazed at all the theories being put forward. This is my first drama of this writer-director duo, i did not get to watch either Reply series or Prison playbook so i was not quite aware of how detailed things can be here.  Being a normal viewer ( I ship WinterGarden though and so emotionally invested in them) here is something that i felt while watching the show.

I tried to focus on the lines as everyone has said they hold quite a meaning in this director's dramas and as far as my observation goes, Songhwa and Jeong Won never had a line between them. Even if there was one, they quickly went past that as if indicating the amazing friendship they share and not anything else, there are no signs of any conflict or awkwardness whatsoever. I was not able to find any significant symbolism as it was for other potential love lines. 

Speaking of which, even if Jeong Won is a potential love interest of Songhwa, I  personally find it very odd since that would take the number of guys interested in her to 4 ( Seokhyung included). I may not be good at analysis but this scenario seems implausible to me, as even if we exclude Seokhyung, other 3 guys are equally strong characters. I am not sure if director-writer would like to make it that messy after 10 episodes when they have invested a lot in the development of a love triangle and the sudden introduction of a fourth angle ,it just doesn't just feel right. That's my take on it though :).

Regarding Jeong Won trusting Songhwa with the secret of him being the Daddy Long Legs i couldn't make much out of it for even if we think logically Songhwa is naturally better suited than the rest of the 3 guys to take over it. 

IkJun reading people wrong: Might have been the case earlier, but i noticed something that it was only when he bragged about his insight in front of people, when he decided in a moment rather than thinking over it Captain Ahn- IkSun and Father who went MIA. Things have changed after he said he is reflecting on himself. He notices Director Ju enjoying their performance and simply smiled, just like how he looked at Jeong Won. For Gyeoul and Jeong Won he is still testing the waters and not forcing anything on anyone, he did not give Gyeoul any hopes about Jeong Won reciprocating her feelings. And regarding how he advised Garden about God being understanding, i didn't find it forced, rather it was a general advice for him. 

On that note something i found worth noticing was when Jun wan expressed his doubts toJeong Won about  Ik Jun having an affair with Gyeoul. Jun Wan must have not been very serious while saying this but Jeong Won followed Ik Jun and preferred to ask him about it. And the sequence in his sentence was, Not with Gyeoul out of all people, besides you are married( being married came later).

Seeing the line between Winter Garden there are clear signs of conflicted mind of Jeong Won :).

I had this fleeting thought yesterday, what if Jeong Won's first love was IkJun's ex wife ( Just a random thought folks) :D

Edited by stella_512
  • Like 14

I am also interested in which scene is the JW’s X-ray shown or if it’s a medical book. I might have missed it too. Dang, this writer is very detailed. There was even a YT review by doctors who praised this show because the actions and settings are close to actual hospital setting/scenarios.

I think its implied in Songhwa and Jeongwon’s conversation that he is seeing Songhwa for his headaches. Which explains why he cannot smoke because it triggers headaches. 

To be honest, Songhwa and Jeongwon’s scenes are frustrating because the dialogues are not laid out in clear context. You have to observe what they mean and how they act to realize that they have this common understanding or that they talked before about this topic. I had to replay their scenes a lot of times to understand it. I guess it has something to do with both their personalities. They’re both very secretive. I am waiting for revelations about this two. Be it related to each other or not.

Unlike with Ik Jun wherein it’s very clear what he means and what he wants to happen. And his lines are very funny with all these parodies hahaha

Junwan tends to be secretive also but his actions are very obvious. You know from the start of Ik Sun’s scenes that he likes her hahahaha

3 hours ago, bee_wannabe said:

If the x ray people talk about is the one on his desk in last episode. I think it's not x ray but medical book?

Or is there any other scene that really show the x ray? Maybe i missed that scene

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DBSKyoochun said:

am also interested in which scene is the JW’s X-ray shown or if it’s a medical book

Sorry my bad and sorry for the confusion.  I read someone’s comment wrong and assumed they had seen an X-ray that SHwa was looking at (which I had missed looking at).  So correction - NO clear evidence that Andrea is seeing SHwa for his headaches.  Apart from his quip to her after he popped his pill, “isn’t that right doctor?”.  Which could also be just a joke because she’s a neurosurgeon.  But smoking does cause headaches so he should quit his habit.  He would have to quit smoking surely if he wants to be a priest?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, sakura22 said:

Interesting thought. I think it depends on our perspective on this. 

I think in real life we all have selected few people that we could open up to knowing that they would be able to understand or listen without judgement. I know I do. In this case its his brother that he could show his true vulnerable self as we've not seen him openly share his feelings with even his other 4 close friends. However, Dr Bong seems to know and I wonder how. :) There are those you'd share about things because you needed them to listen, there are other you'd share because you needed help to figure out the best solution forward. 

I know in a group of close friends, one would still be closer to one or two and would talk to different people about different concerns especially the initial sharing before telling the others. It can be seen with the case of his DLL programme - he had only told Song Hwa.

I see your point about him not asking for any advise yet these are offered voluntarily to him. Some advises are probably self-preferred like mother; others advise may well be because they understand him well and knew what is in his mind or what he needed to hear - his brother advised him to not become a priest, Ik Jun advised him to not, as did Song Hwa and the rest of the group. These people knew him longer than any of us do, despite flashback and the scenes, so I'd assume they would know him best after being close for that long. 

Considering his stubbornness, it is possible that they knew he would be quite adamant about going for it eventhough he is conflicted inside and the only way to try and help him to realise and accept would be by talking to him. I honestly don't expect anyone to completely stop him if he'd go ahead and decide anyway - in the end I know they would still respect his decision, including his mother. I think it was shared previously that Jeong Won is a manchild despite seeming perfect - honestly, for the youngest son of a chaebol, who would grow up being able to get anything he wishes for and able to do anything he''d like to do - its easy to predict that he would do it anyway. And like a child, he would think something is best for him, but needed others to guide him or open his eyes/mind to wider opportunities.

His brother advised him to not become a priest - yet he still insists - so I don't think he listened to anyone really.:D

I like your explanation. Based on the previous episodes, there are two people he listens to the most: his eldest brother (go for one more year. Btw, I love all the scenes with his brother haha) and Songhwa (he asks for his perspective in one discussion and he left Daddy Long Legs to her. I guess because they have almost the same personality).

I know that these 3 people meant well and they genuinely care for him. In reality, we sometimes do this to our friends which is amazing how the writer portrayed this. I agree also that JW is a manchild. The fact that until now he still can’t decide if he will be a priest or doctor says something. He’s still hung up on which choice to go for: something he hasn’t tried but he always dreamt of or something everyone says he’s good and I think he also loves. I noticed that he always thinks about going for priesthood every time he has a problem—his patients die. This is what I’m also interested in. Maybe there is a deeper reason why he finally submitted his priesthood application when in fact before, he listens to his brother to endure it for one more year.

• Like 7

JTBC PLUS | 2020. 05. 17. 9:17 PM

Jeon Mi Do: "At first, I was a bit scared seeing my name on the list of the most real-time searched keywords"

8D42AD22-C2D5-4463-8869-588A603080A0.jpg

Spoiler

CFE26155-85F6-4D4F-8ABC-3F169E995B46.jpg

5C777908-F0ED-47B9-A064-13399C9771EC.jpg

The pictorial set of actress Jeon Mi Do has been published.

Elle Magazine has revealed a series of pictorials and an interview conducted with Jeon Mi Do in its June issue.

Jeon Mi Do is a well-known actress on the theater stage and even won the Best Actress award at the "Korea Musical Awards" for two years in a row. However, this is the first time she meets the public through a drama. For Jeon Mi Do, the currently popular actress with the role of neurological professor Chae Song Hwa in the drama "Hospital Playlist", filming is focused on showing clear expressions of an actor.

In the interview taking place after the photoshoot, the actress shared her feelings when her name first entered the list of most real-time searched keywords, "At first, I was a bit scared. I was worried that I had done something wrong. Seeing people around me happy make me think more positively. Director Shin Won Ho told me to accept it as my destiny."

It's impossible to overlook stories about her co-stars in the drama. Jeon Mi Do showed close-knit fellowship when sharing, "The actresses are striving to meet each other again. Recently, Min Ha (An Eun Jin), Gyeo Wool (Shin Hyun Bin) and I first met in private. As for the "99-line", we have agreed to meet once a month even after the end of the drama. Our relationship has developed and we have become much closer."

"Hospital Playlist", which marks the reunion of PD Shin Won Ho and screenwriter Lee Woo Jung of the "Reply" series, is about to end its first season with 12 episodes. Jeon Mi Do couldn't hide her affection for the series when sharing, "More than anyone else, we - the drama's cast and crew- are the ones expecting season 2 the most." After the end of season 1, she is expected to meet the audience again through the character Claire in the musical "Perhaps a Happy Ending".

Reporter Park Jung Sun /park.jungsun@jtbc.co.kr
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

• Like 14
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, stella_512 said:

Hello everyone.

I have been reading all the posts for quite some time and I am amazed at all the theories being put forward. This is my first drama of this writer-director duo, i did not get to watch either Reply series or Prison playbook so i was not quite aware of how detailed things can be here.  Being a normal viewer ( I ship WinterGarden though and quite emotionally invested in them) here is something that i felt while watching the show.

I tried to focus on the lines as everyone has said they hold quite a meaning in this director's dramas and as far as my observation goes, Songhwa and Jeong Won never had a line between them. Even if there was one, they quickly went past that as if indicating the amazing friendship they share and not anything else, there are no signs of any conflict or awkwardness whatsoever. I was not able to find any significant symbolism as it was for other potential love lines. 

Speaking of which, even if Jeong Won is a potential love interest of Songhwa, I  personally find it very odd since that would take the number of guys interested in her to 4 ( Seokhyung included). I may not be good at analysis but this scenario seems implausible to me, as even if we exclude Seokhyung, other 3 guys are equally strong characters. I am not sure if director-writer would like to make it that messy after 10 episodes when they have invested a lot in the development of a love triangle and the sudden introduction of a fourth angle ,it just doesn't just feel right. That's my take on it though :).

Regarding Jeong Won trusting Songhwa with the secret of him being the Daddy Long Legs i couldn't make much out of it for even if we think logically Songhwa is naturally better suited than the rest of the 3 guys to take over it. 

IkJun reading people wrong: Might have been the case earlier, but i noticed something that it was only when he bragged about his insight in front of people, when he decided in a moment rather than thinking over it Captain Ahn- IkSun and Father who went MIA. Things have changed after he said he is reflecting on himself. He notices Director Ju enjoying their performance and simply smiled, just like how he looked at Jeong Won. For Gyeoul and Jeong Won he is still testing the waters and not forcing anything on anyone, he did not give Gyeoul any hopes about Jeong Won reciprocating her feelings. And regarding how he advised Garden about God being understanding, i didn't find it forced, rather it was a general advice for him. 

On that note something i found worth noticing was when Jun wan expressed his doubts toJeong Won about  Ik Jun having an affair with Gyeoul. Jun Wan must have not been very serious while saying this but Jeong Won followed Ik Jun and preferred to ask him about it. And the sequence in his sentence was, Not with Gyeoul out of all people, besides you are married( being married came later).

Seeing the line between Winter Garden there are clear signs of conflicted mind of Jeong Won :).

I had this fleeting thought yesterday, what if Jeong Won's first love was IkJun's ex wife ( Just a random thought folks) :D

I partially share your sentiments with Songhwa and JWon. When I first watched it, I was more focused on Ikjun and Songhwa who obviously share a connection (IkSong shippers unite! Haha). But when I re-watched it again, there was something I noticed. Their conversations mostly pertain to a past action that they discussed together (Songhwa checking up on Seokhyung in Ep 1, Seokhyung wanting them to join the band etc.) and a foreshadowing of what might happen in the future (Jeongwon planning to talk to her about Daddy Long Legs). Another thing is, they always get each other without the need for any dialogue. They support each other’s decisions. So I’m watching out for a possible twist on this two BUT it might not be endgame but more of a reference in the past. Maybe they know each other’s first love(the possibility of Ik Jun’s wife to be Seongwon’s first love haha). 

Ikjun being dense: I also noticed this. The effort to re-assess his assumptions. Which might be the reason why he will discover Iksun and Junwan’s relationship. I am waiting for his reaction! Hahahaha. Maybe another hair pulling session? Haha. This characteristic of Ikjun is very interesting that’s why I also like Ikjun and Songhwa because they are polar opposites on this part. I’m really interested to see how their relationship will work out. Haha

Gyeoul: Gyeoul is one of my favorite characters not because she is perfect but because she is flawed. And when a character is flawed, the development would be beautiful and interesting to watch. Gyeoul is a reminder of our youth when we are still innocent and assessing reality. Comparing to earlier episodes, Gyeoul has improved so much as a resident with the help of Ikjun and Jeongwon. They mentored her and what’s nice about her is she listens. Not because she admires Jeongwon but because the advice makes sense. As Jeongwon’s loveline, I am anticipating a lot about this. Though, as an old person, I hate that jealousy tactic Ikjun pulled off for her. But that is typical Ikjun. Haha. There are two more seasons so I am looking forward on how Gyeoul’s love story and character development will pan out. 

• Like 11