[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

16 minutes ago, ryanallright said:

Well your theory is possible, since we know there is a season 2 and season 1 will end with open ending. We could see more of this headache occurring.

I think if the illness plot is used, maybe it is not life threatening but serious enough to hinder his plan. But I think to prevent him from traveling, the use of Covid-19 situation will be more valid.

Since all five will return for season 2, i doubt YYS will appear as cameo which also means unlikely to go Italy.

Yes, like DramaGeek said, Jeongwon is ready to transition to priesthood, so I think the most logic reason that hinder his plan temporarily at this point is the God's fate which is like serious illness (but not life threatening) or Covid-19.
I think Jeongwon still has a long way to go to realize that priesthood is not his fate, and I am not sure this issue can be solved in the last 2 episode in this season.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Cantabile said:

My biggest fear is the option 1. The frequent headaches that showed so far is too hard to only take it slightly (judging this writer is so detail in creating all of little gestures).
I am worried that writer will use this illness plot to prevent Jeongwon (temporarily) to go to seminary.
I have a feeling the writer will drag this priesthood thing until season 2.

His headache make me worried so much....I hope it's not serious illness or if it's serious illness then it will be one of the problem that will appear in season 2

Let’s talk about Jun Wan. He looked really cool and sexy in bass guitar, don’t you think?  For some reason, in the latest episode he really caught my attention during their band performance. Yet...did anyone else noticed how he retrieved the tangerine (and put it in his pocket) he gave to Chi Hong after finding out he talks to Ik Son long and late? :D:D. Cute! 

• Like 7
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

45 minutes ago, angelguccio said:

His headache make me worried so much....I hope it's not serious illness or if it's serious illness then it will be one of the problem that will appear in season 2

Yes, I am worried too. Because it's different with Songhwa's breast cancer case. They solve Songhwa's issue illness right in the next episode, but with Jeongwon, they keep dragging it by showing his frequent headaches. I also noticed that Jeongwon's make up in this drama keep getting paler (I don't know if this is intentional or not), it's like his face always showed tired or exhausted. In Ep 10, you can see Jeongwon's face pale in the scene when he took his medicine, and when he chatted with Junwan in his car.

I also read some theories from YYS international fansite on twitter about the hints that foreshadowing Jeongwon's illness.
Eventhough I know this writer never make the tragic illness issue in her previous dramas, I still have my worry.
Let's just cross our fingers this is just false alarm :)

34 minutes ago, standingtallyy said:

Let’s talk about Jun Wan. He looked really cool and sexy in bass guitar, don’t you think?  For some reason, in the latest episode he really caught my attention during their band performance. Yet...did anyone else noticed how he retrieved the tangerine (and put it in his pocket) he gave to Chi Hong after finding out he talks to Ik Son long and late? :D:D. Cute! 

Junwan is my most fav character so far. I think his character got the most established development in this season. At first he is such a typical tsundere guy in K-Dramaland, but it turn out he wears his heart in his sleeves. I love the dynamic between Junwan and Jaehak, and all Junwan's arc with his patients has the most touching moments for me.
At first, I'm not too invested about his loveline with Iksun, but in Ep 10, I can see new side of their relationship. I love how Junwan handle his relationship issue with Iksun, it gives the mature & stable vibe (no wonder Iksun can fall in love with him, LOL).
I love all Lacking 5 with all my heart, but so far Junwan is in position 1 at my heart with his wonderful character's growth :)

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks!
  • Like 6

17 minutes ago, standingtallyy said:

He looked really cool and sexy in bass guitar,

He’s not playing bass.  SHwa is the bass guitarist (4 strings).  JunWan is on rhythm guitar and IJ is on lead guitar.  These have 6 strings.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, standingtallyy said:

Junwan is my fav character after ikjun, and i want more scene with him and iksun! 

Also, i dont think dr.bong is reliable source, junwan is faar than jerk, he is a softie, him and jaehak dynamic is real good. Also, i think he is the most mature one out of our lacking 5, we can feel his character development both on being a doctor and on his dating life. 

Lmao, i noticed that to, he be like, "yeah nope"  both junwan and ikjun are jealous of chihong is real funny to me :joy:

• Like 4
  • Awesome 2

1 hour ago, ryanallright said:

Remembering that he said sometime he does lie, so which is a lie?

• His headache is mild and nothing serious.
  • He telling Rosa that it is not Songhwa
  • He is not interested in Dr Jang

IF the lie he talked about is indeed one (at least) of the three, I would choose no 1 and 3. He's definitely intrigued by Dr Jang - whether or not it's in positive or negative light and to what extent, we shall see in the coming episodes :) I personally think his headache will have some bearing in the future story line (as SHwa's neck pain will too) otherwise what's the reason for the show showing it a few times already within 10 episodes? But again, it could also be nothing serious but instead it's all about the underlying cause of the headache? 

@__jesse IJ-SHwa's dynamics are so beautifully written by you. I envy some chingus here who have such knack for writing - those who are able to write their thoughts in such cohesive, coherent manner. 

If only SHwa had the time to think longer during their conversation while waiting for the breast cancer check up result, she would have been able to connect the reason why IJ couldn't meet her on the night of her birthday. IJ did bring up the topic of SHyeong confessing to her and then he went drinking with IJ (and that's the time SHwa messaged IJ asking whether they could meet up). 

Can't wait for Thursday to come. Not gonna lie, I'm waiting to see how IJ-SHwa's relationship is going to progress (or regress). I'm gonna play a guessing game: I think what caused SHwa's serious expression during the drunk-karaoke scene in the preview has sth to do with IJ (it could be IJ was singing...or maybe she realised something along the line that IJ has been interested in her romantically). 

Lovelines and shipping aside: 

• LOL-moment: when JWan sneekily took his tangerine back and on top of that even put it in his pocket!! if only I could make gif out of those scenes:w00t: (seriously, maybe once i submit my final assignment I can learn how to make gif). 
  • Do the duo reveal the symbolism at the end of the Reply series?? I read so many of them here from food (chocolates, choco pies, coffee) to lines to shoes and phone...I wonder whether the duo truly intended those objects to symbolise something. I really hope they release a special episode or something at the end and reveal to us which is what. That will be super interesting!

18 minutes ago, nrllee said:

He’s not playing bass.  SHwa is the bass guitarist (4 strings).  JunWan is on rhythm guitar and IJ is on lead guitar.  These have 6 strings.  

@nrllee pardon meYou can tell I’m not musical instrument savvy. Thank you for pointing out. Cheers :)

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Cantabile said:

Yes, I am worried too. Because it's different with Songhwa's breast cancer case. They solve Songhwa's issue illness right in the next episode, but with Jeongwon, they keep dragging it by showing his frequent headaches. I also noticed that Jeongwon's make up in this drama keep getting paler (I don't know if this is intentional or not), it's like his face always showed tired or exhausted. In Ep 10, you can see Jeongwon's face pale in the scene when he took his medicine, and when he chatted with Junwan in his car.

I also read some theories from YYS international fansite on twitter about the hints that foreshadowing Jeongwon's illness.
Eventhough I know this writer never make the tragic illness issue in her previous dramas, I still have my worry.
Let's just cross our fingers this is just false alarm :)

Yeaah...I noticed that that is why I'm worried...JWon illness still unclear different from SHwa benign....and I want to know when his headache appear whether recently or has been a long time

Suddenly I think if it has been a long time maybe it will become a reason why he wants to become a priest (until now become stronger than before) and not dating anyone...because of his personality in my opinion he is like introvert about his private life and don't want everyone (especialy his closest people) know and become sad

Maybe this is out of this drama...I love YYS in every drama and movie that he played especialy Beauty Inside...event though he only appear in last scene but I love YYSxHan Hyo Joo so I have a hope that Han Hyo Joo is JWon's lover and become endgame....just my thought if it is in drama I like Flower Garden (just sharing) thank you

P.S Sorry for my bad english:D

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, triplem said:

ooo I caught that too...I really love that jealousy bit...so cute. I appreciate the drama showing different stages of relationships. While I can understand the chase is always exciting , it is also nice to see a couple handle a relationship during the show.  I felt a little hurt for JWan when he found out about ISun's acceptance for the programme from a perceived competitor ( still thrilled to see JW eyeing Ik Jun and Chi Hong suspiciously each time they talk :D) , but I understand ISun's dilemma. What made me love JW more is the way he called her and told her he knew without throwing a tantrum. I just love the way he handled it. I believe this couple can weather the storms because I always notice that they communicate a lot. It is a very matured relationship.

My heart was breaking for him because I saw how hard it hit him in the cafeteria. Then he was in his office quietly contemplating how he should handle his disappointment. He did well in his conversation with Ik Sun. I really like this couple and I hope to see their relationship continue to grow but I’m getting a little scared that it might not last because of the impending long distance. In addition, I get the sense that Ik Sun is still holding back perhaps because of the jerk she dated in the past.

• Like 5
  • Love 3

Hi! I haven’t been to forums for a while but Hospital Playlist really got me interested. I am currently rewatching the episodes and totally amazed how the writer uses wordplay and subtle hints in the dialogues. I’m not sure if you noticed the following (Wasn’t able to scan through the whole thread):

1. Junwan asking Songhwa when they met in the warehouse if she is for real and she said yes I am real [Ep 1]. Then we learn in Episode 2 that Songhwa’s nickname is Ghost.

2. How Mama Rosa keeps on convincing Jeongwon to stop his priesthood application and getting frustrated about it. Not realizing that Jeongwon listens to his siblings and not to her: they were able to convince him to be a doctor. He listens to his elder brother to stay for one more year. Divine intervention. Hehe

3. In Ep 2, Ik Sun and Junwan’s relationship is already hinted during their dinner. Ik Jun said that he should introduce Jeongwon if he has a sister because he’s so ideal. Jungwan quipped that he has one.

4. Songhwa keeps on touching her neck and Jeongwon hands him a heatpack. Later, we learned she has herniated disc.

5. How it’s mentioned a lot of times that Captain Ahn is from the military. Then we see why. Because he and Ik Sun are bestfriends. In Ik Jun’s words: why didn’t I connect the dots? Which is a funny line because until now it seems that he still hasn’t connected the dots yet: Jungwa and Iksun are dating.

6. Ik Sun doing the dove trick with Jungwan and Ikjun which becomes the nickname of Iksun. (Can’t believe why Ik Jun still didn’t get this hahaha)

7. The twin interns turned out to be the cousins of Uju’s twin friends. Speaking of Uju, what a cheeky and mature boy.
8. This is not a wordplay but it’s so ironic how Jeongwon’s nickname is Buddha but he manipulates his friends through money so that they will work in the VIP wards. He knows them too much. Except for his bestfriend, Seokhyung who he cannot bribe with money. Haha

Maybe some of you have additional hints that you noticed when watching. This is all that I have for now because the other ones I noticed might spark couple wars. I’m still wondering what Junwan did in Hawaii by the way. 

• Like 9
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 3

9 minutes ago, DBSKyoochun said:

5. How it’s mentioned a lot of times that Captain Ahn is from the military. Then we see why. Because he and Ik Sun are bestfriends. In Ik Jun’s words: why didn’t I connect the dots? Which is a funny line because until now it seems that he still hasn’t connected the dots yet: Jungwa and Iksun are dating.

Lol interesting you pointed this out. I think for most part, nothing missed Ik Jun's eyes and ears - he seemed to catch many things except this. In the car, he was almost spot on with his guesses about Jun wan's new gf - which made Jun Wan very nervous. 

He is probably been too occupied with Jeong Won that distracts him from sniffing much of Jun wan's, although I think it is a matter of time until he does! :D When he started feeling suspicious with Jun wan wanting to have a drink with him - I was feeling nervous in case he sussed him out before the actual heart to heart confession. 
Can't help guessing if Ik Jun had found out hence the drunk scene in next episode's preview - but I think its more of a farewell for Jeong Won, where everyone seems drunk, maybe enough to reveal secrets. :D

• LOL 5

31 minutes ago, angelguccio said:

Yeaah...I noticed that that is why I'm worried...JWon illness still unclear different from SHwa benign....and I want to know when his headache appear whether recently or has been a long time

If it has been a long time and it is related to the nervous system, maybe SHwa knew about it?

Because when Ikjun ask about it, JWon replied it is something mild and look at SHwa.

EX_R8dMVcAAKkLJ?format=jpg&name=large

• Insightful 2

53 minutes ago, triplem said:

Awww...i came on board for JKH ( and YYS ) primarily and I can tell you if there's one thing that JKH can play to perfection is the prickly tsundere guy with a heart of gold.

JKH is brilliant in portraying Junwan's character, that whenever I see him now I always picture him as Junwan, LOL.
At first, we thought Junwan's character is the Jerk one (like Dr. Bong said), but I think he is the most mature among the Lacking 5 (following with Seokhyung). I can't wait to see development between Junwan-Iksun & Seokhyung-Minha (I think these 2 OTPs are the safest to ship LOL).

22 minutes ago, angelguccio said:

Suddenly I think if it has been a long time maybe it will become a reason why he wants to become a priest (until now become stronger than before) and not dating anyone...because of his personality in my opinion he is like introvert about his private life and don't want everyone (especialy his closest people) know and become sad

Maybe this is out of this drama...I love YYS in every drama and movie that he played especialy Beauty Inside...event though he only appear in last scene but I love YYSxHan Hyo Joo so I have a hope that Han Hyo Joo is JWon's lover and become endgame....just my thought if it is in drama I like Flower Garden (just sharing) thank you

P.S Sorry for my bad english:D

I don't know because so far his illness is just theory.
I can't give clear opinion about Jeongwon because so far his character is the hardest one to read (along with Songhwa). It doesn't help that the writer hid these two POVs in the scene that need their reaction, e.g. 1. When Ikjun ask Jeongwon if he really likes Gyeowool, 2. When Ikjun's indirect confession to Songhwa (if only one of them can open their mouth just for once, LOL).

I also read Flower Garden theory and I can see the possibility, but since until Ep 10 the established loveline are Ikjun-Songhwa-Chihong and Jeongwon-Gyeowool, I root for IJ-SHwa & JW-GW. I can see JW start to feel interest with GW, but I am not sure if it's enough to hinder him from going to Priesthood (even his mom's begging cannot stop him).
For Jeongwon's arc, the first thing that I am looking for how the writer will handle his priesthood issue before moving up to his romance arc. This is the development that I prefer to see, but I am open up with all possibilities :)

• Like 9

I also noticed the characteristics of the 5 friends:

1. Ikjun - Very funny, witty and hyper. He is also very smart considering that he goes clubbing and still tops the class. Ironically though, he’s not good at assessing situations (especially his own)—not realizing that the marriage set-up will not work and his wife is cheating on him. Not realizing his sister is dating his bestfriend. He’s always the last to know. One thing I admire about him is that he genuinely cares for other people. He didn’t pursue Songhwa because of Seokhyung. He helps Gyeoul who’s efforts seem to be misunderstood.

2. Songhwa - The epitome of everyone’s ideal girl. Everyone likes Songhwa. She does things smartly and she is very mysterious. She’s difficult to read. Up until now, even if the build up seems to be IkSong couple, there is still no clear indication who she likes (the first love in her 20s). Songhwa is always ready to help anyone who seeks her out. Which is sad sometimes because no one notices if something is wrong with her (cancer scare). I think it was only Jeongwon who noticed that something’s wrong with her. That’s her weakness: everyone thinks she’s perfect but she’s not. Rarely, do they check if she’s okay. They didn’t even managed to comfort her about her cheating boyfriend.

3. Junwan - The playboy but deep inside is a hopeless romantic. He seems to be handling his relationship well with Iksun amidst the secrecy and bestfriend issue with Captain Ahn. He is clearly bothered by Captain Ahn and Iksun’s closeness but he didn’t make a big fuss about it. He looks tough and straightforward but it’s because he avoids emotional discussions. Which is why he doesn’t like meddling with other people’s lives or stirring other people’s emotions. He loves keeping secrets. So maybe if there’s someone to look out for secrets, it’s Junwan. Hello there Hawaii.

4. Jeongwon - He is a caring and sensitive person. He’s always the first one to notice if his friends need support. But I think the problem here is he holds a lot of grudges. He finds it difficult to let go of things and people. He cannot get over the deaths of his patients who he loves so much. I think that is why until now he is still tormented between his dream of being a priest and his career as a doctor. So I wouldn’t be surprised if it will be revealed that he hasn’t gotten over his first love in his 20s. Maybe this first love is also a factor why he cannot move forward. 

5. Seokhyung - I thought initially that he is a Mama’s boy. But he simply cherishes his family so much. In terms of tragic events, Seokhyung is the winner here so far. I am amazed how he got through his Dad’s adultery, his sister’s death and his Mom’s illness. Songhwa seems to be the emotional pillar but actually it’s Seokhyung. It was his idea to form the band because he wants to bond with them regularly. Which is sad to be honest. Let’s not mention what an antisocial he is. Always glued to his TV or cellphone. 

1 hour ago, ryanallright said:

If it has been a long time and it is related to the nervous system, maybe SHwa knew about it?

Because when Ikjun ask about it, JWon replied it is something mild and look at SHwa.

I noticed this too. Maybe he is having check-ups secretly with Songhwa. I am honestly afraid for JW. It’s also in his character description that: he’s running out of time. Oh no. :( His conversation with Ik Jun (the one about Gyeoul), hinted that he might be ill. Also the part wherein he sneaked to see one of his patients. This line that he said to the little girl struck me: I can’t even get one (about getting one of those shots) because it’s scary.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

As with other tv dramas, didn’t they produce this show under the assumption that anyone who watches this literally just puts on Netflix and lets herself/himself be entertained? I have friends who casually watch Hospital Playlist and don’t look up theories on Youtube. The details indeed make the show more interesting, but they understand each episode just fine without them.  To them, they have accepted the scenes for what they were and assumed them to be pretty self-explanatory.  No need to rack their brains, because they watched the show to relax and have a good time. I think it’ll be a huge disservice to them and the rest of the general audience if they steer them towards a whole different direction at the last minute.

Not everyone is as invested in Hospital Playlist as us (let’s be real, we’re so invested LOL), and I believe that sometimes, it’s best to understand this show through the eyes of a regular viewer. What would be the most obvious thing that could happen?

• Like 15
  • Awesome 1

I honestly don't think Jeong won has any serious illness. Lee and Shin's dramas never have such tragic situations. They already touched upon one of the Fab five having a health trouble, why would they use the same trope again? It just feels too makjang-ish to me if JW ends up having a serious illness and that's why he is running away from his friends and family....His headaches are clearly something thrown in to make us scared and keep us on our toes to see what will happen to him. Remember how Taek constantly kept taking pills and always looked like he was about to faint in the first half of R88. But nothing serious happened. Similarly nothing will happen to JW. It's not Lee-Shin style to kill off a main character. 

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

@midomido woah the video is really well made, thank you for sharing :heart: 

i agree with everything you said, even though it might not be highlighted, Shwa - Capt Ahn relationship development is what makes me still on board in the ship up to now. 

I think the point we need to remember is, the confession from Capt Ahn was shown so early (in ep 5), it’s only takes 2 episodes after Shwa knew that the shoes was given by Capt Ahn (ep 3). I’m actually wondering, why the writer reveal his feeling so early like that? That time, Shwa did lowkey reject him, why i said lowkey? Because she didn’t clearly said what she feels. I think her rejection mostly because she doesn’t want to feel awkward with her own resident, and maybe her health issue is also one of the reason. That time, she still didn’t know what exactly her sickness is and maybe she thought that if it’s something serious then she doesn’t have time to think about romance at all

Capt. Ahn’s respond to her rejection is also interesting. I love the way he confessed and the way he respond to her rejection. Since the first time we were shown his character, we see Capt Ahn as a resident who’s really obedient, yet often hesitate and didn’t really confident in his works. Considering this, i thought it might be more understandable if he covered up his feeling to Shwa when she confronted it. But look at how brave he is confessing his feeling! He even said that he planned to confess but hasn’t find a right timing.  And after Shwa told him to “just don’t” , this obedient resident is being disobedient for the first time by replied “i can’t just stop because you told me to”

This guys is exceptionally charming :wub:

After that confession and rejection, if it’s truly a rejection, their relationship might be turn back to Professor-Resident only. But as you already stated, we actually got some development. 
from this
ezgif-4-ba4a32ce5d89.gif

to this

ezgif-4-86e902abc4ff.gif

ezgif-4-4c191cef63b5.gif

yes i called it development :wub:

Spoiler

Hey, don’t be too excited. It’s only group lunch :phew:

ezgif-4-b4b6b14cba7f.gif

ezgif-4-e8de79a72890.gif

however, preview for next episode doesn’t seems good :sweatingbullets: i wonder what happen. I have to prepare my heart hahaha

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1