[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

GYeol Fighting! Winter Forever! Now i am accepting and giving up that my WinterGarden is not possible and will be defeated by GOD just not by SW. I rather want SW end with Capt Ahn. I still hope to see GYeol in Season 2. I hope Iksun change her mind she wont go UK she's nearly 40 like what Ikjun said, she found someone who wants to be with her forever:wub:

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Dramageek said:

Watching review from doctor's perspective (doctor sister in youtube), made me realize that this story writes medical stuff realistically. Made me think even with different writer, hospital playlist closer to prison playbook in term of concept. Even JKH has loveline with his bestfriend sister. Similarity to Reply serries is an ode to the 90s. Heck even SW said to IJ it is not Reply88

Just my two cents, It's okay if you view this drama based on PP reference, and it's okay if other fans view this drama based on Reply's reference.
It's viewers' freedom to choose which view they interpret this drama. Why must we enforce our view to other fans?
It's their choice to have their own interpretation and as long as their opinions do not harm other other opinions, I don't see any problem.
After all this is just a drama, and the ending is on writer's hand. So whatever viewers guess, it does not really affect the drama.

Thankfully they have finished shooting, so whatever the ending, fans cannot blame the writer saying she changed the ending in last minute just like what fans did in Reply 1988 :)

• Like 4

@loopo If it's any consolation, it seems they entered the same restaurant. Someone recorded a tour of the restaurant they filmed in, and it's accurate. I hate how this show keeps teasing us, they really know how our minds work LOL. They know that once we didn't see them in a single frame we'd immediately speculate they didn't meet, and then prove us wrong the next episode.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

Hospital Playlist: Episode 9

by lovepark

hospitalplaylist09-00103.jpg

Doctors are humans, too, and like every other profession, failures are inevitable when people are starting out. Even the experienced and the seemingly perfect make mistakes at times, but rather than let these blunders hold them back, the characters learn from their mistakes and strive to improve themselves. Though our main characters have been working and studying for years, it’s a constant battle to do better for the sake of their patients.

EPISODE 9 RECAP

hospitalplaylist09-00036.jpg

A father yells at the nurses for not letting him donate his liver, so Ik-joon jumps in to defuse the situation. Sitting the father down, Ik-joon explains that the father is too old to donate and has a fatty liver, as well. He suggests waiting for a brain-dead donor, and the father seems to accept Ik-joon’s recommendation.

After dealing with the irate father, Ik-joon and Nurse Song talk about their kids, and Nurse Song worries about her daughter’s health. As they get on the elevator, she invites Ik-joon to lunch with the others, but he has the next “shift” (aka, keeping Seok-hyung’s mom company). He relieves Song-hwa of her duties—thankfully, just in time since she almost had to marry Seok-hyung—and Ik-joon tells Seok-hyung’s mom that her son is adopting him. Hahaha!

http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/05/hospital-playlist-episode-9/

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

If Ik-jun and Jeung-won can treat residents who aren’t in their department, Song-hwa can do that as well. The only reason why we’re on the edge is because we know that Chi-hong has feelings for Song-hwa.

It’s like having a scene of Jeung-won and Dr. Bae’s eat out and movie. We have a senior who has not explicitly stated his/her interest and a junior who is romantically interested.

If anything, this only establishes the existence of a subtle love triangle. Put that way, it’s logical to put scenes where Song-hwa is with Chi-hong as well.

For Ik-Song shippers, I hope this will help you feel better: If I remember correctly, there was an episode where Song-hwa mentioned that she will treat them (or one of them) to a nice restaurant.  This could be her fulfilling her promise. Which means, since she hasn’t fully expressed any romantic interests towards Captain Ahn, this is like a senior treating a junior for a job well done (because Captain Ahn is a good resident and a mentee) :) 

• Like 3

Whatever the ending say about our winter garden couple, I will never regret ship and invest many emotion to them. Because of this scene, we learned many things about life and works. I think i will more focus on this rather being too anxious with the lovelines :sweatingbullets:

1 more days, chinggu! :wub:

• Like 8
  • Love 10

This was a short interview. I can't believe KDM thought he was extroverted, he seems really alike compared with Seok-Hyung!

And I can't distinguish Jo Jung Suk from Lee Ik Jun anymore :joy:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

To @Cantabile I don't see anything in my statement that try to enforce my opinion on others. I am just stating my own opinion that Hospital Playlist closer to Prison Playbook albeit this view rather unpopular. I love Reply 1988. I also love Prison Playbook. Looking at the OSTs, Prison Playbook has all new songs. So if we look at Hospital Playlist, from OST point of view, it similarity with Reply Series is undeniable: almost all OST are covers of 90th pop songs. We can almost say that this is Reply 1999, in hospital setting. Heck this is Reply 1999 not Reply 1988, lol.

I'll always remember fondly an interview before this show production happen, that Shin PD and the writer said that they want to create Prison Playbook/Wise Prison Life in Hospital Setting: hence the title is Hospital Playlist/Wise Doctors Life. I can understand that anyone who haven't watch Prison Playbook will disregard that this is a "Wise Series"/"Play Series", and paralel it with Reply Series. They must be do not have any knowledge about the interview. After that interview I always looking forward to this show happening, so still remember it so clearly.

Anyways, I think this series at first is like The Duos take on multi season hospital story. Their version of Grey's Anatomy maybe? But with their own style. While Grey's Anatomy and other Hospital Drama in SK put emphasis on loveline over "hospital everyday life and friendship", they take it to completely different direction: slice of life style. Like how they handled Ik Jun divorce behind the scene, contrast with how Grey's Anatomy milking the drama of Derek's ex wife reappearance.

Coz this loveline between resident and professor and the multiple seasons really remind me of Grey's. I am not surprise if the loveline will be more entangle than previous Shin PD series. Probably there will be break up and make up, and more love triangle. New character probably will be introduced in second season etc, and be part of the loveline (like SH ex campus sweetheart may be?). I like SH and only want the best for her. So even though I am enjoying shipping game, I am not too invested in anything yet. I am just sad that, some of SH-JW shipper take it to JGU, calling her dr. Maggot and downgrading her skill as resident. When clearly the story show that her weakness is her technical bluntness to patient, and she is learning. Also other hating on Ik Jun, and trying to find his fault. This is a drama with almost no villain, why downgrading other character coz they interfere with your ship?

• Like 19
  • Love 4

"ikjun has been neglecting uju."

"ikjun is childish. he's wrong about everything. he's stupid."

ikjun keeps on singing for the band. others should sing too."

I really want to see the faces of these .......who continuously.............. about Ik Jun when Ik Jun is going to be revealed as song hwa love & the end game for her.  Not because they are the in favour of their own ship but because these .......... of JeongWon  and JeongWon- SongHwa are unnecessarily down playing such a beautiful character of Ik Jun.

I was ok till now if Ik Jun ends up with  Dr maggot & not with SongHwa. (Although I am personally 100% sure that Ik Jun and song hwa is the end, the ultimate couple. But I was trying to be open to all possibilities & most importantly was trying to be respectful towards other's choices) BUT after watching this undeserving hate given to Ik Jun , I am really into the Ik Jun - SongHwa ship now. And now pray them to be together. And  by doing so put salt to the wounds on his haters.:w00t:

Edited by triplem
Pls don't circumvent swear filter. Please be mindful of language used TQ
  • Like 7
  • LOL 5

7 hours ago, loopo said:

P.S. pls give Chi Hong happiness, and also of course Song Hwa, love them both, Ikjun already has Uju (p.s.s. im joking)

I hope to see Chi Hong playing the drums to Emergency room ;)

1 hour ago, JJS's Fan-atics said:

BUT after watching this undeserving hate given to Ik Jun , I am really into the Ik Jun - SongHwa ship now. And now pray them to be together. And  by doing so put salt to the wounds on his haters.:w00t:

Ik-Jun's character is not flawed, its heartwarming and endearing. I wish for someone who would go deeper with him bcoz I think he's hiding deeper emotions. He's not showing bcoz he felt the need to be strong for people, but who would be strong for him? SHwa didn't even bothered to check on him when he was feeling down, eventhough Junwan told her, she shrugged it off and say she's sure he will solve it himself.... well at least show some support, you dont have to solve his problem but at least listen to him talk... they know something is off but no one offered the time to see him and they are besties? besties when? eating time? :D

and why it has to be SHwa for everyone? because she's the flower among the bees? we are treating her as Heaven's best gift to men. what about the lesser mortals, don't they get the chance? 

Gyeu-wool will someday become a professor and she will level up with them. I will be waiting for the great transformation and I hope for IkJun to be with her. 

Edited by triplem
Merged consecutive posts
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

@im0202 Thanks for translating that interview. It bugs me that Seok hyeong/Kim Dae Myung said he is most looking forward to watch the 1st ep of season 2. Are they going to end this season with a cliffhanger? It would be really cruel of Lee and Shin to do that. Sighhh. I don't know how I'll be able to wait a whole year for the next season. :bawling:

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, kokodus said:

@im0202 Thanks for translating that interview. It bugs me that Seok hyeong/Kim Dae Myung said he is most looking forward to watch the 1st ep of season 2. Are they going to end this one with a cliffhanger? It would be really cruel of Lee and Shin to do that. Sighhh. I don't know how I'll be able to wait a whole year for the next season. :bawling:

No problem! You know what?? When I first watched it, I just thought that KDM was joking... like since YYS said he was most looking forward to season 1 finale, KDM wanted to one-up him and that’s why he said season 2 first episode...

But now I’m being influenced and also start to think is this a hint that season 1 is gonna have major cliffhanger :joy:

I mean, I don’t expect everything to be resolved since there will be future seasons, but I’m hoping at least about half of the lovelines and whatever can have some resolution. Else it would be a bit mean of them to leave us hanging on all fronts...

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

well at least show some support, you dont have to solve his problem but at least listen to him talk... they know something is off but no one offered the time to see him and they are besties? besties when? eating time? :D

and why it has to be SHwa for everyone? because she's the flower among the bees? we are treating her as Heaven's best gift to men. what about the lesser mortals, don't they get the chance? 

Gyeu-wool will someday become a professor and she will level up with them. I will be waiting for the great transformation and I hope for IkJun to be with her. 

Yeah every thing is wrong with Ik  Jun & Gyeoul because they don't like them, & everything is correct with JeongWon & SongHwa because this is their preference.:joy: Jeongwon & SongHwa are the flawless saints or angels , directly descentdes from the heaven.:joy:. Besties for just eating & singing.:smirk:.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 4

29 minutes ago, im0202 said:

No problem! You know what?? When I first watched it, I just thought that KDM was joking... like since YYS said he was most looking forward to season 1 finale, KDM wanted to one-up him and that’s why he said season 2 first episode...

Ok I like this interpretation. Hahaha. He was just joking. Let's go with that. They said it will be a open ending. That doesn't necessarily mean a cliffhanger, right? Lol. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Hi @Dramageek

I'm sorry if I offend you. I think it's because my choice of word is wrong. I'm not too fluent in English so sometimes it's a bit hard to express what's exactly in my mind. 
What I mean in my post is everyone can have their own view to interpret this drama and it's ok to share their opinion as long as it's not harm any character/ship.
As far as I read in this forum, I didn't see anyone downgrade Gyeowool or Ikjun. Some posts only share the hints of their ship (some hints are far-stretched, but let's just them be. In fact, it amuse me seeing their efforts to prove their ship).
Some also only share their opinion about their different interpretation of Gyeowool's character and action, and it doesn't mean they hate Gyeowool. I personally do not attach with Gyeowool's character at the start. Gyeowool's mistake about "CPR comment" in ep 2 seems like she was lack of empathy than lack of experience, and it's really give a minus point for me. But like Jeongwon who's warming up to Gyeowool, I also feel the same with her character, and Ep 9 is such a highlight of her character's development for me. I love how fast Gyeowool learned from her mistake, and just like how the patient's mother hugged her, I also wanna hug her because I'm proud of her. Like Lovepark's said, I also still view Jeongwon-Gyeowool as mentor-mentee, but I can see the big possibility of they're becoming a couple, and I'm curious how the writer will write up their relationship. 

Anyway, I know the hate for Gyewool & Ikjun in other blog, and I personally do not agree with their opinion. I don't understand why they hate so much with Gyeowool & Ikjun just because both characters have flaws. In fact, all characters in this drama have flaws and for me that's the charm of each character. Eventhough I disagree with some opinion of that blog, I choose to ignore their hate because it's too tiresome for me to defend a character of drama and involve in shipwar if from the start they already have their own interpretation. 
But I still read that blog for fun reference because some of their analysis are quite convincing and has become true. I also read all theories of all possible ship (just logic theories, not non-sense theories like car-plate number, etc) to understand their views. I think this is just my way in watching this drama, so I can understand with whatever the writer choose for the direction.

Like I said previously, I open with all the possibilities, if the writer take the Reply's direction, I'm curious how she will present the ending of "husband game" and I will not judge her with a sloppy writing. Instead I will try to analyze why she choose that direction. What's her intention in the scenes she creates up to make viewers guess which ship will become OTP.
But I'm also fine if the writer take the PP direction. If she take this direction, I'm curious how she will write up the development of the current established conflicts and lovelines. How she will write up the growth of relationship of each characters in 3 season. 
I just try to follow the flow of story and watch in open-minded to minimize the heartbreak (once again it's just my way in watching this drama).

Last, I'm really sorry if offend you. I didn't mean it. Never in my mind, I have a thought to create shipwar just because of the drama. I will be more careful with my words :) 
Love you and have a nice day :wub:

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

32 minutes ago, JJS's Fan-atics said:

Yeah every thing is wrong with Ik  Jun & Gyeoul because they don't like them, & everything is correct with JeongWon & SongHwa because this is their preference.:joy: Jeongwon & SongHwa are the flawless saints or angels , directly descentdes from the heaven.

yap, because its a drama and we are use to being shown that best girl and best boy should be partnered for life. 

In reality, no one would like this two character. its just so happen that YYS is cute in portraying Jeungwon, but imagine a not so good looking actor playing the role, we will notice the negative traits. For someone who is going to be a priest, he's not a forgiving person, ep2 shows him erupting bcoz of the SW/JW selfishness over food and the way he reproach JW that technically its his money bcoz its his hospital. whoah, I cringed. 

Btw, I'm for Songhwa>Chihong>Junwan. I don't shipped them but its just the way I am predicting the scenarios to come... Shwa/SeungHyung end-game scenario comes to mind as well. and why not? :D lets just enjoy the show.

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1