[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

Hello, I just watched Hospital Playlist Script Reading and, it was fun and, at last we already have the date for SEASON 2 

Here's my favorite pic on the script reading 

5e27e2dc67ebee5627164c8817bf419c.jpg

On 4/15/2021 at 9:18 AM, Ima Imo said:

Season 2 is coming on June 17th!:fullofhearts:

Hospital Playlist Script Reading Teaser and 99z Interview

Huhuhu love it !!

Edited by SC2019
Please do not quote pictures/videos when you reply! TQ.
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, Jan Dee said:

Hello, I just watched Hospital Playlist Script Reading and, it was fun and, at last we already have the date for SEASON 2 

Here's my favorite pic on the script reading 

Huhuhu love it !!

Oh my, bad! Sorry I'm such a noob here... thank you, for that and yes, If I will be replying to someone, I will not put a picture... except only, if I am going to reply to the main forum, just like the others 

Edited by SC2019
Please do not quote pictures/videos when you reply/ quote. TQ

EVENT: Game: Guess the drama Part 2

The gossip loving EOs are back with another set of blinds based on the juiciest gossips we heard from the Kdrama world. Let's see if you can guess the dramas based on blinds :hooray:

Your friendly neighborhood and resident Event Organizers,

@Lmangla @partyon @Sleepy Owl

• Blob 2

POLL / EVENT: HOSPITAL PLAYLIST RE-WATCH

Chingus, a poll is up! We're interested in knowing how many people would be interested in taking part in a potential re-watch of Hospital Playlist.

We plan to kick it off early May - watching 2 episodes per week together.

doctor-playbook-1024x498.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Please vote!

re: @Lmangla @Sleepy Owl

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

Watch: “Hospital Playlist” Cast Gather To Discuss Differences Between Season 1 And 2

6b8648c14a0340d1883abe122e9c4b80.jpeg?s=

Apr 22, 2021
by S. Cho

tvN has dropped another exciting look at the cast of “Hospital Playlist” ahead of season two!

The medical drama series, which began in 2020, tells the stories of five doctors who are best friends and showcases the everyday lives of people at the hospital.

The clip starts out in September 2019, at the cast’s season one pre-production interviews. Jo Jung Suk, Yoo Yeon Seok, Jung Kyung Ho, Kim Dae Myung, and Jeon Mi Do are all asked how they felt when they first received the script.

Now in 2021, the cast are asked the same question, but for the season 2 script. Jung Kyung Ho explains, “I ran in socks, faster than I would to get a package of something that I really wanted to buy and I got there first. They said it was out at 1, so I went right at 1.” Jo Jung Suk agrees with Jung Kyung Ho’s excitement while Jeon Mi Do expresses her gratitude to the screenwriters.

Yoo Yeon Seok shares, “As soon as I opened the first page, I could hear everyone’s lines in their voices. I think it was the first time I had experienced this. Since we’re continuing on with another season and I’m with the same people, it felt like there was voice support.”

Kim Dae Myung comments in a rather monotone voice, “I was really happy. I think that’s the only appropriate way to put it.” He adds, “Another happy moment has come to me again,” before Jo Jung Suk begins cracking up. The rest of the cast join in on the fun, with Jeon Mi Do and Yoo Yeon Seok jokingly accusing Kim Dae Myung of crying.

Just like they were asked before season 1, the cast were then asked which actor they’re most excited to work with. Jo Jung Suk shyly comments, “I don’t think we’ll be able to answer this,” while everyone else excitedly exclaims that they easily can. Immediately, they all eagerly begin shouting out answers, which quickly turns into bickering.

The next question is what they prepared to portray doctors, and Jo Jung Suk nonchalantly shares, “I didn’t specifically prepare anything.” Jeon Mi Do hilariously comments, “He came here without any thought” and they all start laughing as Yoo Yeon Seok chimes in, “There’s no one he wants to see, he didn’t prepare anything, and he has no expectations.”

When asked their thoughts on returning to a tvN drama, Kim Dae Myung answers, “It weirdly feels like I was filming just the other day so…” The rest of the cast start making their own comments as Yoo Yeon Seok tells them, “Let him do his interview!” Jung Kyung Ho jokingly comments, “To be realistic, it really wasn’t the other day.” Kim Dae Myung responds, “Okay, a few days ago then.” Jung Kyung Ho exasperatedly replies, “It’s been a year!”

Lastly, the cast all leave comments for viewers. Jung Kyung Ho shares, “I personally think the script is better than season 1 so I’m really excited myself. I also think viewers will be able to watch more comfortably than season 1 and be touched more.” Jo Jung Suk adds, “We’ll diligently prepare season 2 so that we can repay viewers with a drama that provides them with a bit of comfort and solace.”

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1465526wpp/watch-hospital-playlist-cast-gather-to-discuss-differences-between-season-1-and-2

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, larus said:

The rest of the cast join in on the fun, with Jeon Mi Do and Yoo Yeon Seok jokingly accusing Kim Dae Myung of crying.

56 minutes ago, larus said:

Immediately, they all eagerly begin shouting out answers, which quickly turns into bickering.

56 minutes ago, larus said:

...and they all start laughing as Yoo Yeon Seok chimes in...

57 minutes ago, larus said:

The rest of the cast start making their own comments...

OK. These are what I needed from Hospital Playlist. Keep being the same, 99-ers!

Looking forward to watching season 2!

:fullofhearts:

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 2 premieres on June 17

5-1=0. Means All or none for our 99z. Its really the cutest thing ever. Hehehe. I have a feeling that everyone would move to sokcho. S2 might take place in sokcho, it will be fun. It will be like Dr. Romantic, imagine 99z working in a small town hospital with minimum resources but heartwarming local people. 

I would like to invite you all for S1 rewatch party. Its clearly not to refresh my memory, because I've never moved on from the show, I still vividly remember all the scenes. Haha. Its just to reminisce, cry, laugh and swoon over all the same things with y'all together one more time before we start on S2. 

@kiklaminHo @40somethingahjumma @sakura22 @ktcjdrama @stella_512 @Sorary @JJS's Fan-atics @LovelyLady @ryanallright @KDramaFan0828 @Ketu R @nurlayla @yyscrush @dairymilks @__jesse @habromanic @romancetrash @Dramageek @Cantabile @standingtallyy @celebrianna @revel best @superspace @seasonal_love @alleram95 @im0202 @Arajo81 @pacarjiyong @nhquan94 @andiamrea @joyhwan @Fanwan.07 @Andrew - @DonnaMae @smartiegal @sillyvivian_yo89 @Jan Dee

• Like 3
  • Love 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

Did the doctors have an IVF pregnancy? This came up on my newsfeed. Yesterday was Parents Day in S Korea too when it came out.

I am going to watch the last episode of HP again now. Its made me feel so nostalgic. They have been married a long time those 2. So happy for them. I remembered when he talked about Sinchon Severance Hospital in one of the episodes. My child was treated there; such an impressive hospital.

This drama aired at the peak of Covid 19 last year in my country and it was so stressful during that time. Every time they showed Ahn Jung Wan using the hand sanitisers I laughed because I noticed it. I had never seen so many hand sanitising moments in a hospital drama before. And if felt as if I was perpetually in a N95 mask and full PPE during that time. And we all were.

Times have moved on. S Korea is recording over 500-700 cases daily. And I wonder how they are filming. I've had my Covid vaccination a few months ago. How time has flown for either good or bad. I miss South Korea; its been so long since I've been back and we still can't travel. Well one can if you have been vaccinated. But can't return overseas.

I wonder if any of the couple will be pregnant in Season 2.

• Like 3

On 5/6/2021 at 11:36 PM, kokodus said:
5-1=0. Means All or none for our 99z. Its really the cutest thing ever. Hehehe. I have a feeling that everyone would move to sokcho. S2 might take place in sokcho, it will be fun. It will be like Dr. Romantic, imagine 99z working in a small town hospital with minimum resources but heartwarming local people. 

I would like to invite you all for S1 rewatch party. Its clearly not to refresh my memory, because I've never moved on from the show, I still vividly remember all the scenes. Haha. Its just to reminisce, cry, laugh and swoon over all the same things with y'all together one more time before we start on S2. 

@kiklaminHo @40somethingahjumma @sakura22 @ktcjdrama @stella_512 @Sorary @JJS's Fan-atics @LovelyLady @ryanallright @KDramaFan0828 @Ketu R @nurlayla @yyscrush @dairymilks @__jesse @habromanic @romancetrash @Dramageek @Cantabile @standingtallyy @celebrianna @revel best @superspace @seasonal_love @alleram95 @im0202 @Arajo81 @pacarjiyong @nhquan94 @andiamrea @joyhwan @Fanwan.07 @Andrew - @DonnaMae @smartiegal @sillyvivian_yo89 @Jan Dee

NIce @kokodusI love that :fullofhearts: ALL OR NONE theory I do think that it is plausible that they will be in SOKCHO, and even Ik-Jun (who loves city) loved the place, or possible they will be dispersed on that place because of COVID -19 since there would be lacking in doctors there. 

also, I think, if ever they are not in SOKCHO, Songhwa's decision to go back to Yulje will be affected by the fact that Chihong will be gone in Neurosurgery Department. I'm just trying to figure out but, here's my reason on why chihong will be out in YULJE 
(from: https://academic.oup.com/milmed/advance-article/doi/10.1093/milmed/usab013/6126418) 
ABSTRACT

Introduction

The coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a viral respiratory illness caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) and has led to one of the world’s largest infectious disease outbreaks. COVID-19 first emerged in Wuhan, Hubei, China, in December 2019, and the emergence was especially concerning to the U.S. Forces Korea (USFK) stationed in the Republic of Korea (ROK, South Korea), which remains vital to peace and security of the East Asian region. The first wave of cases emerged in South Korea from China before a globally established response, which forced USFK into a challenging position to combat a novel virus with countless unknowns regarding effective control and portended impact.

Possible that Chihong medical services is needed that time in Military that is why he is being pulled out in the YULJE 

and, it makes sense though because Chi Hong is still a "military man" and, his expertise in Medical will be a great value to the unit. 

So yeah! that is the possible reason why he will be gone in Yulje, and because of the department will be short staffed 

Edited by SC2019
Please do not quote pictures/videos/twitter posts when you reply! TQ.
  • Like 3

@Jan Dee I think there will be new characters in S2 to fill the spaces. I dont think neuro will go understaffed. Either they do a time skip and make Chi Hong leave after his chief resident period is over and let Seok min come back as a fellow or your scenario is also a possibility where Chi Hong leaves because he had something important to do and yulje recruits another new neuro resident. Songhwa is a professor, she anyways can't do Chi Hong's work and vice versa, so ideally her decision to come back wouldn't be because of Chi Hong leaving. I dd really love Chi Hong, and I'm sad to see him leaving and that too with a broken heart.  I hope he finds his happiness somewhere else. 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, kokodus said:

@Jan Dee I think there will be new characters in S2 to fill the spaces. I dont think neuro will go understaffed. Either they do a time skip and make Chi Hong leave after his chief resident period is over and let Seok min come back as a fellow or your scenario is also a possibility where Chi Hong leaves because he had something important to do and yulje recruits another new neuro resident. Songhwa is a professor, she anyways can't do Chi Hong's work and vice versa, so ideally her decision to come back wouldn't be because of Chi Hong leaving. I dd really love Chi Hong, and I'm sad to see him leaving and that too with a broken heart.  I hope he finds his happiness somewhere else. 

Oh that's the thing Seokmin will be a fellow neurosurgeon that is why he will be back he passed the certification exam.. Yeah! Nice catch

Actually, the reason why I said short staff is because the department will have less people even if they add new character in S2, which hopefully they will do cause if not 

The professors will share some load on what the chief resident will do, chief resident can't do what shwa is doing because she is a professor, but songhwa can do what chief resident is doing minus the teaching part ... actually, duties and responsibilities of the chief and professor are almost the same its just that the professor has teaching duties and has residents to look over too and the professor has more independence than the chief of course because they are already certified 

The chief residents duty as far as I know are delegating task to the junior residents, assessing patient and relaying to the professor (fellow) the assessment, talk to the guardian regarding the treatment and procedures and carry out the orders of the fellow

For the Professor ( fellow) she could do those task! Like assessing the patient and explaining to the guardian the condition and the treatment and procedures like what happened to junwan when he was with jae hak they are explaining to the guardian. 

When it comes to delegation, ofcourse with absence or short staffed she could delegate task to the team. 

Also, chief is 1-step closer to being a fellow (professor) so it make sense that they have "almost" the same duty since once the chief finishes the residency program he/she will be independent and take on those roles. 

But nevertheless, I do agree with time skip! And sorry @kokodus for that chihong will affect song hwa's decision...what I mean is not emotional attachment she will not be going back because she was sad of chi hong leaving its just that maybe the department will be badly needing her help at that moment especially since you mention abt seokmin 

There will be 2 staff that will leave though of course he will return but the moment he'll be reviewing and if chihong will not be there also, they will be lacking, and even if they add she needs to train them and have a closer look to them. Don't know if its the same in korea but here we have pre-residency and at that time the fellow ( professor) will be the one to determine if they are fit to go to residency the fellow will be the one recommending the pre-residents to become residents of the institution. 

Anyhow, I think she will still have a close look to the new addition. Also, even if its a consultant, I think the hospital will ask her to show to the new fellow how the systems work on that department. In episode 2, with the addition of new professor in NS songhwa was asked by chairman ju on how was he (the new NS) before asking her about the operation

Anyways, nothing is sure anything can happen ... WE just can't wait for season 2 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Teaser for season 2 is here! It's finally here!

rough trans

SH: I'm going inside the OR now

SHwa: If you have think deeply about it and passionate about your patients, then you should fiercely fight for them

SH: Whether it's good or bad days, we always have variety happenings in our days

JWan : Mother you've done really a great job. As long as you don't give up, we won't give up either

SH: We'll do our best

JWan: We'll do our best. I'll definitely save him/her

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

May 13 2021

First teaser trailer for tvN drama Hospital Playlist 2″

Hospital_Playlist_2-TP01.jpg

First teaser trailer added for tvN drama series “Hospital Playlist 2” starring Cho Jung-Seok, Yoo Yeon-Seok, Jung Kyoung-Ho, Kim Dae-Myung, & Jeon Mi-Do. The teaser trailer has captions that states (0:01) “Forget season 1!,”
(0:04) “We come back stronger!,” (0:05) “This time it’s an action!,” (0:12) “Year 2021, Super grade medical blockbuster!,” (0:15) “If you expect that, there is no such a thing,” (0:20) “Small and ordinary story as usual,” (0:27) “A little deeper and a little warmer,” (0:30) “We will be back soon.”

“Hospital Playlist 2” first airs June 17, 2021 in South Korea.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/first-teaser-trailer-for-tvn-drama-hospital-playlist-2

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Watch: “Hospital Playlist” Promises Warm New Stories In 1st Teaser For Season 2

d7c67f1259c142d08785f79ed3fb5531.jpeg?s=

May 14, 2021
by D. Kim

The first teaser has been unveiled for the new season of “Hospital Playlist”!

Continuing from the first season, Season 2 of the drama will continue to follow the everyday lives of people in the hospital and tell the stories of best friends Ik Jun (Jo Jung Suk), Jung Won (Yoo Yeon Seok), Jun Wan (Jung Kyung Ho), Seok Hyung (Kim Dae Myung), and Song Hwa (Jeon Mi Do).

The teaser for the new season begins with a different vibe set with dramatic music and the text, “Forget Season 1! A more powerful return! This time, it’s action! The most special medical blockbuster of 2021!” However, the teaser continues, “If that’s what you were looking forward to, there’s no such thing.”

Switching back to the drama’s original heartwarming vibe, the five main characters are gathered together once again, drawing smiles with their unchanging friendship. Song Hwa says in the background, “Whether good or bad, there’s a lot that goes on in our lives every day.”

As in the first season, Jun Wan and Seok Hyung reassure the families of patients, saying words such as, “You are doing a great job. As long as you don’t give up, we will not give up on [the patient],” and, “I will do my best. I will save [the patient].”

The clip goes on to preview various ups and downs that the characters will experience in the new season.

The drama’s production team commented, “Just as ‘Hospital Playlist’ did in Season 1, we will tell everyday stories but with greater warmth and sincerity, so please look forward to it.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1469236wpp/watch-hospital-playlist-promises-warm-new-stories-in-1st-teaser-for-season-2

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1