[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

Thank you all for the help @KDramaFan0828 @bee_wannabe @nhquan94

I am very blessed to meet all of you!! :heart:

And seriously, Netflix need help from you @nhquan94 in order to give viewers accurate and detail translation for subtitle. Because it is very significant to more understand the story. :wub:

8 hours ago, nhquan94 said:

Just sum up, we all know that by drinking the wine IJ already implied that he loved SHwa and SHwa seems fine with it (she smile widely to IJ when he asked her Oh did I just teach the kids to use formal language pla pla....). The atmosphere just become awkward since the time Chi-hong brought it back again (poor Chi-hong, you did not do right this time).

And yees, I feel that too. To be honest, I disagree with comment that Ikjun's answer that create uncomfortable expression of Song-hwa. 1) The fist confession scene of Ep 10; 2) Ikjun's friendly or maybe flirty gestures in the elevator and 3) Ikjun no comment answers + drink the soju --> Songhwa still response it in postive way (smile faces).

HP11-2.png

She started feel uncomfortable when Chi-hong give confronting question to Ikjun.

HP11-2.png

So maybe the cause is not Ikjun confession but because she felt Chi-hong already cross the line and it happened in front of Ikjun -- and she was afraid that it would hurt Ikjun -- and it bothered Ikjun. That's why Song-hwa continue to feel uncomfortable until karaoke scene (seeing Ikjun low mood).

Aigoo, I am sorry that I am still stuck at this scene while I should move on already :D

• Like 12
  • Love 8
  • Insightful 3

cant we had yoo yeok seok and shin hyun been doing couple magazine photoshoot??

maybe because of his build and her build was like a manga (tall buffy guy with small little girl) 

• Like 10

"Nothing is sadder than a missed opportunity."

20 years is a long time to spend living your life before making up your mind about what you really want. Time does not stand still, and others do not remain at your beck and call. 

It is understandable how and why Song-hwa may be reticent an confused by Ik-joon's admissions, and there is really no reason for her to drop to her knees and give thanks or reciprocate.

Conversely, the ardent attention of Chi-hong, while overtly direct and disturbingly off-putting at times, is at least honest...and fresh and new. He brings only love, without cumbersome and obligatory baggage. How would it be to get to really know him and enjoy him, away from the madding crowd and all the watchful eyes? He can visit Sokcho! He may be just "what the doctor ordered!"

Love does not always stand the test of time. People age, have experiences, develop, change and adjust values, and with any luck, they grow up. Maturity means accepting disappointing circumstances and doing everything possible to live one's best life with respect to others and laws.

Nobody gets everything right, but that doesn't mean it is plausible to be unrealistic.

I hope Dr. Chae gets to know the man who was brave enough and man enough to let her know he wants her now.

The fellow who has been circling for 20 years can always be a friend since that's what he decided he wanted at the beginning.

• Like 1
  • Unamused 1
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, winnerrrrrrrr444 said:

I was wondering, did Jeongwon get around to telling the gang about his departure to Italy? Mama Rosa and Jeongsu found out from the other executive doctor (Dr Ju?) and I think Songhwa has an inkling when he told her to take over Daddy Long Legs, but the rest of the gang don’t know right? Or did I miss something?

Jun Wan and Ikjun saw his recommendation letter (for italy seminary, if I am not wrong). So they kinda know.

• Like 4

it seems that some people are so hung up over a 20 years "unrequited" first love(s). Some people are lucky to marry or meet their first love again, yet in reality most moved on from theirs despite staying unrequited or ending it with a heartbreak. 

The most important thing is not their past, but their present. Their feelings today is what's more important, the person in their mind and heart - the one they wish to be with today is more important than their past. 

Their past first love carry much less weight than their current thoughts and feelings. In the end, it's good to remind ourselves that their individual present is their own choice. Our own bias and who we think "suits" them "better" are ours and not theirs. Their ending is their decision.

To those pointing out how Gyeo Ul was introduced in Episode 1, has a good reasonable screen time and appears in every episode's preview - thank you. I would love to see more of Gyeo Ul and her growth. 

I hope the crying scene is not of Gyeo Ul confessing or asking (begging) him to stay. I would like Gyeo Ul to remains to respect herself and keep a high standards about her feelings.

There is another surgery scenes with winter garden - so I am also guessing the possibility that this surgery, running and even crying scene may be related to this new patient (or present patient) and for them to save the patient. That Gyeo Ul is confiding in him the same way Jeong Won has been confiding in his priest brother. 

• Like 11
  • Love 11

Although it is quite impossible for JMD to get realtime all kill since her position on FLO haven't been moving and IU will take back iChart no.1 soon.

JMD is getting the attention from the general public with her OST maintaining top position despite not having all kill

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Lists of Most Buzz Worthy Dramas & Actors [3rd Week of May, 2020]

Good Data Corporation has shared its weekly rankings of the most popular dramas and cast members who have generated the most buzz over the past week! The company analyzed news articles, blog posts and online communities, videos, and social media from May 18 to May 24 for dramas that are currently airing or are set to air, and they revealed the results on May 25.

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz for the 3rd week of May 

1. SBS “The King: Eternal Monarch“ - 25.26% (+1)

2. tvN “Hospital Playlist” - 19.29% (+1)

3. MBC “Kkondae Intern” - 10.85% (NEW)

4. JTBC “Mystic Pop Up Bar” - 7.5% (NEW)

5. KBS2 “Once Again” - 6.8% - (+1)

6. tvN “Oh My Baby“ - 4.5% (-1)

7. SBS “Good Casting“ - 3.39% (+1)

8. tvN “When My Love Blooms” - 3.28% (-1)

9. KBS2 “Born Again“ - 2.9% (0)

10. OCN “Team Bulldog” - 2.57% (NEW)

The top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz for the 3rd week of May

1. SBS “The King: Eternal Monarch“ - Kim Go-eun (+7)

2. SBS “The King: Eternal Monarch“ - Lee Min-ho (+2)

3. tvN “Hospital Playlist” - Jeon Mi-do (+6)

4. tvN “Hospital Playlist” - Jo Jung-suk (+2)

5. MBC “Kkondae Intern” - Park Hae-jin (NEW)

6. MBC “Kkondae Intern” - Kim Eung-soo (NEW)

7. JTBC “Mystic Pop Up Bar” - Hwang Jung-eum (NEW)

8. KBS2 “Once Again” - Lee Cho-Hee (+40)

9. tvN “Oh My Baby” - Jang Na-ra (-2)

10. JTBC “Mystic Pop Up Bar” -  Yook Sung-jae (NEW)

Source: https://instagram.com/gooddata_official

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

guys, just curious who is your fav couple/pairings in this drama?

mine is Iksong,  I just feel like JJS and JMD have an amazing chemistry with each other, every time they are on screen together, there is something that make my heart flutter lol like there is some kinda tension. I almost ship them in real life but I know I can't.

at first I don't know anything about this drama, one day I just feel bored and want to watch a light drama.

tbh I feel weird that Songhwa is a professor bc she looks so young, most likely why chihong mistake her for an intern too.

and also in the early ep, I definitely kind of ship Junwan and Songhwa bc of their closeness, actually i didn't expect Ikjun would be her love line at all, so I was really surprised at ep 6 like my reaction was totally like "WTF just happened?" LOL

it has been a while since I ship a couple in a drama bc most of the time, it feels forced and the actors/characters don't have any chemistry at all, but Iksong is something else, I thank god there is season 2, or else I going to have the worst withdrawal ever

• Like 14
  • Love 3

11 hours ago, JungRok said:

Hi, do you guys have anything on Jeong Gyeo Ul character in the website - like translation of it? 

I watched this! I want to check if Gyeo Ul is really a track athlete!

Probably ya, since the posture she made before chasing the abusive Dad. And running with naked feet too.

I hope all such moments we all (Winter Garden shippers) are imagining turn real. And can be shown as flashbacks (but I think that is too much to ask for the last episode....):expressionless:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks!
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, sakura22 said:

. That Gyeo Ul is confiding in him the same way Jeong Won has been confiding in his priest brother. 

Sorry to cut your post. Jeong won is the worst person to confide about these things though when he himself can't keep his emotions in check when a patient dies. I can totally imagine him telling to Gyeo ul "Yeah this is hard. C'mon let's go to Italy together and surrender ourselves to God" Hahahahahahahaha. 

Btw am I the only one who thinks Jeong won's first love is Gyeo ul? I know there is a statement in his character description about love in his 20s, but it could literally mean anything. In the drama they have constantly kept telling us that he has never been with a woman before. And I could believe it, a guy like him who is so devoted to god and helping others, he doesn't put his needs first. Hmmm anyways I could be wrong, but I don't want to overanalyze the character description and just enjoy the drama for what it is. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

19 hours ago, superspace said:

Thank you all for the help @KDramaFan0828 @bee_wannabe @nhquan94

I am very blessed to meet all of you!! :heart:

And seriously, Netflix need help from you @nhquan94 in order to give viewers accurate and detail translation for subtitle. Because it is very significant to more understand the story. :wub:

And yees, I feel that too. To be honest, I disagree with comment that Ikjun's answer that create uncomfortable expression of Song-hwa. 1) The fist confession scene of Ep 10; 2) Ikjun's friendly or maybe flirty gestures in the elevator and 3) Ikjun no comment answers + drink the soju --> Songhwa still response it in postive way (smile faces).

She started feel uncomfortable when Chi-hong give confronting question to Ikjun.

So maybe the cause is not Ikjun confession but because she felt Chi-hong already cross the line and it happened in front of Ikjun -- and she was afraid that it would hurt Ikjun -- and it bothered Ikjun. That's why Song-hwa continue to feel uncomfortable until karaoke scene (seeing Ikjun low mood).

Aigoo, I am sorry that I am still stuck at this scene while I should move on already :D

Moreover, Now that she know that IJ knew that SeokH proposed her on that day, she might have got the hint that why he didn't come to meet her.

In lieu of that, I would like to ponder on one more point...

The most heart felt gesture from IJ till last episode, was his coming to the hospital (after his long night with surgeries at hospital) ,when SongHwa suspected that she had cancer. He even didn't go to his ex-GF, who invited her to her TV show set (though it first seemed like he is going there, but ended up at the hospital) . And when asked by SongHwa why he came, he clearly said, because he was worried:wub:, claiming for the first time that he has special feelings for her. Even Jun wan asked to accompany her, but once she declined he didn't go, nor did anyone except IJ, which is self-explanatorily denies all other ships.images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqAFex1I0BidHrVXPMYl5

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 10
  • Love 3

Some evidence (maybe) about the theory of Ikjun knew all along about Junwan-Iksun:

1) He always asked Chi-hong about Iksun in front of Junwan -- maybe to tease him or to see what was his reaction (or this is just coincidence?)

2) As he could hear and recognize Gyeoul voice when she called Jeongwon, he also hear that when Iksun called Junwan. She clearly said she will come to Ikjun house and miss Uju. 

3) Like Gyeoul flower bouquet mission, He used the same tactic to test Junwan --> He repeated loudly what Iksun said on the phone especially on Snow crab part. And luckily Junwan took the bait! LOL

ezgif-4-18bff8f98a6c.gif

4) He save Iksun as "Former Micky, currently Iksun" to again tease Junwan or maybe as a bullet to attack him one day if he need it (Iksun will be mad cuz Junwan had mixed her with Ikjun's dog. LOL)

ezgif-4-daefb3d43601.gif

5) He gave them quality time with excuse of studying for his conference. But of course Ikjun didn't want to waste that opportunity -- again to tease Junwan. He came back twice to see cute and panic reaction from Junwan. :D

• Like 9
  • LOL 8

23 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Btw am I the only one who thinks Jeong won's first love is Gyeo ul? I know there is a statement in his character description about love in his 20s, but it could literally mean anything.

I think so too. The character profile just said that he had a love in his 20s and he got honor in his 30s, but being a priest was still his dream. No indication that this was a person HAHA :lol: As a whole, to me, the sentence implies possible paths he could’ve taken with respect to his profession. Maybe his 20s love was photography and his 30s honor was being a doctor??? IDK lol but yeah no clear indication that the “love” was romantic :D As compared to Songhwa’s profile which clearly talks about dating in the same paragraph of her first love, the paragraph for Jeongwon was talking about aspirations.

• Like 15
  • Love 1