[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

48 minutes ago, Crom said:

I’m so glad to find a place to discuss this drama. I think Songhwa will end up with SEok Hyeong. Her first love was either the pediatrician or Ik Jun .....or the cardiologist! But she will finish with SEok Hyeong for sure. Does anyone else think this? Please reply if you do. 

Well, why not?! I don't mind Seok-Hyeung. But that will really be a twister :D 

It did cross my mind for a second that SH/SH could be an end game. I re-watched the 1st ep. for clues. The scene where JW and his mum tidying up his dad's office and he looked at the hospital bill and asked his mum if she has the money for it and her reply was that she married for convenience... Director Ju and Rosa is like an older character of SH and IkJun, so if Rosa married for convenience, SW character might have the same fate... 

But yeah, my idea is too far-fetched. :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 3

I really think it’s the endgame. Lots of hints in that direction. The song SHwa sang - “introduce me” describes a man. SH fits that description of the man. In Ep 7 Jeongwon says to SHwa and SHg that “we are just the filler”. SHwa is always touching SHg. There’s lots and lots of hints indicating the endgame is SH and SH. 

Andrea is having headaches. He may have a neurological issue (cyst, tumor etc). That would keep both Andrea and SHwa in Seoul. ( and thwart his priesthood plan). Does anyone else sense a serious medical issue for Andrea in ep 12?  

Edited by triplem
Merged consecutive posts

6 hours ago, ryanallright said:

Lol, it seem to make sense as well.

finally giving us the hawaii story before the season end

That would be a surprise but I don't mind it too! at least we know what has happened in Hawaii! :lol:

• Like 3

Did we all notice Gyeoul's hair tucked behind her ears in the preview?? Someone on Twitter said it must have been Jeong Won who did that while both of them were standing close and checking on a patient :wub: Twitter people are really making me delusional :mellow:

Another 4 sleepless nights to go till we get to know about it :lol:

I don't know how to post the pic here :(

• LOL 12

SHwa's reaction (changing the subject during dinner, and the forced smile during band practice) to IJ's confession and feelings the past few episodes are totally justifiable given all the  history there. If one of your best friends for the last 20 years just all of a sudden makes a 180 turn and constantly showers you with romantic actions and words you would be confused as well. It doesn't seem like she was waiting for him all these years, so her showing confusion and slight irritation makes sense. Thoughts like "why now" or "why risk our friendship"  are things she is probably thinking about. She's 40 yrs old, she is not going to just jump into a a relationship with IJ without thinking of the complications of it.

TBH it would be sadder if she just accepted and reciprocated his feelings right away. Then that means she's been harboring her feelings for the last 20 years while he lived his life...

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2

12 hours ago, Crom said:

I’m so glad to find a place to discuss this drama. I think Songhwa will end up with SEok Hyeong. Her first love was either the pediatrician or Ik Jun .....or the cardiologist! But she will finish with SEok Hyeong for sure. Does anyone else think this? Please reply if you do. 

Now that MH has magically stole my heart, I wouldn't want her to end up with anyone else. Bear couple ftw! :wub:

• Like 4

Overall, I actually liked episode 11 more than episode 10. I found the latter a bit dull, while the former had many memorable moments that reminded me of why I like this show so much. Maybe it's because I'm not that interested in love lines/shipping, so I tend to gloss over those parts. Except for Jun Wan and Ik Sun, because I love Jun Wan heh.

Episode highlights for me (in no particular order):

- Comedy was just spot-on. My favourite scenes were when Ik Jun was eavesdropping on Jun Wan's phone call, and Jun Wan and Song Hwa's "daebak" before their eating frenzy. Replayed them so many times, think I almost died laughing haha. (Perhaps Jun Wan and Song Hwa can consider creating a mukbang channel? LOL)

- Song reference to Reply 1994! It was the first Korean song I downloaded into my phone so I'm glad I recognised it immediately. Also, love a drunk Jeong Won attempting to sing and pole dance at the same time.

- Gyeo Ul's finally displaying her surgical prowess! So glad she finally got to lead a surgery for the first time, and a challenging one at that. Not only was she calm and confident, she aced it! 

- Scenes with Jun Wan and Jae Hak. I love their dynamic so much, and it's heartening to see the former opening up to the latter (asking him to check his temperature - another comedy-gold scene, expressing his concern and anxiousness for the patient in front of him). It's also nice to see Jun Wan taking Jae Hak's admonition into mind and reassuring the parents before going into the details of the surgery. Jae Hak looked so proud, the roles seemed to be reversed at that moment haha.

- Also enjoyed the more poignant moments. Jun Wan and Ik Sun come to mind. Their scenes in this episode were so lovey-dovey and were really sweet to watch. Yet, I can't help but feel a bit... skeptical as to whether they will really last. Marriage is a fundamental goal that Jun Wan has, but Ik Sun doesn't. For now this clash may not seem like a big deal because one is willing to sacrifice for the other, but I do wonder if Jun Wan will be able to continue doing so in the long run when they eventually move out of the honeymoon phase. Nevertheless, I still love watching them together!

-  Ik Jun's liver patient (hello Go Paksa!). The irony of having so many family members around in the consultation room (probably the most we've seen in the show), yet not one was willing to donate their liver to him. Of course, we can't blame them since the transplant would be risky, though watching them push the wife into saying yes was pretty saddening to watch. In this case, the presence of the family members served to suffocate rather than bring comfort.

- Speaking of organ transplants, this episode reinforced the moral conundrum when dealing with such a topic. It was first touched on when Ik Jun's patient got into a traffic accident one day after being discharged, and then explicitly discussed when Jeong Won told his patient's parents to thank the donor instead of him for saving their child. The same subject is highlighted in this episode when Jun Wan acknowledged the selfishness of his wish for a heart donor, and his subsequent relief when the wish was fulfilled. On one hand, it's something to rejoice about as it means the possibility of saving a life. Yet, it also signifies the loss of another in a tragic turn of events, which is compounded here by the donor being another child herself. Is it right then to be happy when it comes at the expense of another life? Selfish, perhaps, but wrong? Don't think there is a clear answer to this one.

- The meta moment of the nurse (can't remember her name sorry) watching her daughter's video of her. On a narrative level, privacy issues aside, I thought it was a really sweet tribute to show the daughter's appreciation and admiration for her mother's strength, which she probably never took into account before. Kudos to the writer for inserting growth even in such a minor character. On a meta level, the video is a reflection of the show as a whole, a celebration of the strength that nurses, and healthcare workers in general, possess in keeping the hospital functioning properly while ensuring quality healthcare for patients. They are our everyday superheroes who may go unacknowledged or under-appreciated, yet they keep going at it because of the passion and love they have towards what they do. This message is particularly apt in the midst of the situation we are in now, and is a great reminder of those who are working hard silently in helping to maintain some semblance of safety and assurance during such tumultuous times. 

• Like 3
  • Love 8
  • Insightful 2

Annyeong

The ep 12 preview tells that a leap of few months have been taken (X'mas has come).

Min Ha will get her first kiss of the year (most likely from SeokH) :sweatingbullets:

As one of you have mentioned it before, Jeong Won seem to have a past, from which he is running (probably a girl, his first love).

My theory is, that she might have been similar (in behavior and characteristics) to JGW. That's why he firstly felt uncomfortable around her and was rude to her (as she reminds her of his first love). But with the passage of 10-11 episodes he night have realized that he was been quite rude to her, without any reason and has also built some connection with her. That's the reason he is asking some one to take care of her, when he is gone. I too think that she will request him to stay (confession ??), when she knocked the door. (May be in the course of requesting we get to see some past background of GW, which we didn't get to see this season)

Jun wan is in conflict whether to send the ring to her on airport (will it become a baggage to her).

Mostly I think IJ will not be able to go to Spain due to travel ban, amid COVID and in turn he will go to Song Hwa.

55 minutes ago, dzareth said:

Now that MH has magically stole my heart, I wouldn't want her to end up with anyone else. Bear couple ftw! :wub:

Ya exactly, even SeokH seemed to be happy while telling IJ that MinHa confessed to him. And they even shared the meal. And what about MinHa's wish of first kiss of the year? I think it was mentioned to make it happen....

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks!
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

3 hours ago, stella_512 said:

Did we all notice Gyeoul's hair tucked behind her ears in the preview?? Someone on Twitter said it must have been Jeong Won who did that while both of them were standing close and checking on a patient :wub: Twitter people are really making me delusional :mellow:

Like you there are lots of things coming to my mind, remember in the preview we heard Jwon sayaing please take good care of GW but we didn't see who is he talking too

* the father who threat Jwon said he will be back right , i afraid  he came to do something to Jwon but GW come to the rescue and she got hurt

* Maybe Jwon knew he is sick thats why he is training GW to be a Good Surgeon then he will go underknife of cyst /tumor

* Maybe he decide to leave the hospital thats why he is asking his staff to look after GW and support her in his behalf

* Maybe he decided to leave without saying goodbye to GW then ask Ikjun to look after GW because he knew Ikjun and GW are very close

There's a lot more :wub: i hope writernim will not gave up our WINTER GARDEN. I'm crossing my finger i hope in Season 2 they will be married with mini Winter Garden :w00t:

• Like 7
  • Love 2

Can't find the post right now, but I recall reading another user's comment a few days ago. It's about the possibility of Song-hwa leaving Seoul, partly because of Chi-hong, and it made me think about a lot of things.

Clearly, Chi-hong is about to enter a very crucial year for his career, and given her behavior, she doesn't seem to reciprocate his feelings. If she wants to pursue something (not necessary the whole boyfriend-girlfriend romance) with Ik-jun without hurting Chi-hong, moving to Sokcho for some time sounds reasonable. Chi-hong can't exactly leave Song-hwa because she is his mentor. Hospital staff will also talk. If Song-hwa wants something to happen with Ik-jun (or stop anything with either Ik-jun or Chi-hong from happening), moving to another city to get a breather seems like the best choice. Of course, this isn't the entirely the reason. It would be too out of character for her. Considering her answer in episode 6 and her consistent neck pain since the second episode, this seems like something she has been thinking about for a long time.

Anyway, if it's any consolation for us, if this happens, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the gang hang out in Sokcho which is in Gangwon-do, which happened to be mentioned multiple times throughout the first season. (Is this where Min-ha's dad is?) It would be nice to have an episode or two where our characters are not in the city. Imagine all the cute BTS with the beautiful scenery.

More importantly, if ever the production team chooses to pursue the Ik-jun/Song-hwa loveline and Song-hwa decides to take a risk, we'll see what they will do. We've already heard them mention what they want to do. For Ik-jun, it's shopping and clubbing. For Song-hwa, it's exactly what she plans to do + camping, going to the beach.

Will Song-hwa visit Ik-jun during the weekend and spend time shopping and doing the things that he loves? WIll Ik-jun plan a lot of weekend camping trips just to spend time with U-ju and Song-hwa? 

Imagine scenes like this with Song-hwa, Ik-jun, etc.

Jumunjin-Gangneung-1.jpg

Song-hwa: "What is this? Goblin?" 

2543579_image2_1.jpg

something similar to Winter Sonata's scenery, which is in Gangwon (where Sokcho is)

83967_800x.jpg

Or... this scene from Strong Woman Do Bong Soon

There are lots of possibilities given the current development. I'm excited :D  With Ik-jun's humor, I'm sure we'll find ourselves laughing and crying at the same time!

I'm really glad they chose to reveal so little. Song-hwa and Jeung-won are still a bit mysterious, and I can't wait for the writer to start unraveling their story.

Less than five days to go til episode 12! Fighting!! We should have a countdown for  the second season <3

• Like 14
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, stella_512 said:

Ya, after reading your post I went to see the preview again. And I too think that may the case. As in one scene her hairs are messed up and in other she got it tied up nicely (both scenes in PICU).

Even I am facing a problem in uploading a picture (asking for URL!) Can anyone help?

• Like 5

Hypothetically speaking,

Let's assume Shwa loved IJ. He is THE ONE. And, we know for sure that IJ has always loved Shwa, but didn't want to create problems amongst friends.

Now, fast forward to present times. If this man tells you that his gift to himself is having dinner and coffee with just her, that he publically proclaims his authority over you (lift scene) and declares his crush on you (dinner)... How will you feel?

A man you have loved, who went on to have so many girlfriends, got married is now telling you that he always had a crush on you?

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

A man you have loved, who went on to have so many girlfriends, got married is now telling you that he always had a crush on you?

1st is Confusion, Why now? 

But Whatever she used to feel, she let go and just living her life. Not like she waited ikjun got married to dated around right? Both of them dated people in their college days. 

But after thinking again, ikjun confession doesnt really have anything, both of his confession out in the open bcs other person asking for it. Its not like he tell shwa he likes her and want to be with her forever. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, revel best said:

But after thinking again, ikjun confession doesnt really have anything, both of his confession out in the open bcs other person asking for it. Its not like he tell shwa he likes her and want to be with her forever. 

Yeah, you have a point. It's not exactly a profession or love/proposal for them to be a couple. 

Ack, I hope things don't get awkward for SH and IJ. I mean, I don't think they'll end the season as a couple per se, at least I hope they're still bestfriends. And I hope the boys all help her to move her stuff :) (that should be a satisfying enough finale for me)

• Like 5
  • Love 1

43 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Hypothetically speaking,

Let's assume Shwa loved IJ. He is THE ONE. And, we know for sure that IJ has always loved Shwa, but didn't want to create problems amongst friends.

Now, fast forward to present times. If this man tells you that his gift to himself is having dinner and coffee with just her, that he publically proclaims his authority over you (lift scene) and declares his crush on you (dinner)... How will you feel?

Probably wanna slap him LOL joke :P

Btw I saw a youtube comment not sure which video, it says JMD and JJS went to film in Seokcho on April...hmm take this with grain of salts though

• Like 7
  • Love 3

55 minutes ago, kiefshi1056 said:

Like you there are lots of things coming to my mind, remember in the preview we heard Jwon sayaing please take good care of GW but we didn't see who is he talking too

* the father who threat Jwon said he will be back right , i afraid  he came to do something to Jwon but GW come to the rescue and she got hurt

* Maybe Jwon knew he is sick thats why he is training GW to be a Good Surgeon then he will go underknife of cyst /tumor

* Maybe he decide to leave the hospital thats why he is asking his staff to look after GW and support her in his behalf

* Maybe he decided to leave without saying goodbye to GW then ask Ikjun to look after GW because he knew Ikjun and GW are very close

There's a lot more :wub: i hope writernim will not gave up our WINTER GARDEN. I'm crossing my finger i hope in Season 2 they will be married with mini Winter Garden :w00t:

I know right, too many scenarios possible till we get to know Jeong Won's POV. Just like you all I am hoping for is them to be together :wub:

I think we will finally get to know what our Garden had been thinking, a confirmation of his feelings ( though for me he has already confirmed in multiple ways :lol: ) Cliffhanger would be whether he leaves or not. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

@stella_512 @Wook's Fan You guys are talking about this, right? 

And here we have a neat Gyeo ul. We havent seen her like this before. 

EYn-xJ1VcAI_TGH?format=jpg&name=medium

I want to keep my expectations to the bare minimum for the final ep, but when I read theories like this, it's hard to not hope. Sighh. Jeong won doesn't seem like a guy who will randomly touch a girl's hair.....we will see, I guess. 

• Like 11
  • Confused 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 1

52 minutes ago, Wook's Fan said:

Ya, after reading your post I went to see the preview again. And I too think that may the case. As in one scene her hairs are messed up and in other she got it tied up nicely (both scenes in PICU).

Even I am facing a problem in uploading a picture (asking for URL!) Can anyone help?

Thank God, I thought I was imagining things after seeing that comment on Twitter :D 

Thursday still seems so distant :tears:

• Like 3