[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

38 minutes ago, anjelikaeyes13 said:

I wouldn’t dare to guess who will Song Hwa end up amongst these beautiful men.

Isn’t she married? But she definitely has a significant other - he dropped her off at work.  BUT he was caught with another woman in the lift by JoonWon...so I anticipate heartache for her when that is revealed.  :tears:

Someone asked why JeongWon is Andrea as well?  Probably because he’s Catholic?  When you get baptised/confirmed you get another name. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

I know this is wrong and maybe not main point of the drama but i ship Jung won and Song hwa from the start. They got that feeling when they are together.

Their friendship across 20 years is amazing and ofcourse the band that connect them together.

Considering his past work, i am not shocked if we got some love line in this drama. 

But ofcourse it wont be the main plot just like prison playbook.

I am also hoping any love line/lines in this drama will just be a small side plot!
So far I’ve seen Reply 1988 and Prison Playbook out of all of this PD and writer’s works, and the reason I enjoy them so much is because of the friendship and family story. In fact for Prison Playbook I fast-forwarded about 90% of the main lead’s love line plot:joy:

Expecting more flashbacks to their Uni years and more shenanigans which will probably bring laughs, nostalgia and maybe tears.:wub:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Based on their first ep + preview for ep 2, my hunch telling me that Song hwa & Jun Wan might be the possible OTP because:

1. At the end of ep 1, Jun Wan just broke up with his GF

2. Immediately after he broke up, he saw Song Hwa's husband kiss another woman in the elevator.

3. On ep 2 preview, someone asking whether it's possible to have a closed relationship like them for so long without having a personal feeling towards eachother & idk if I see it right but I think Song hwa did give Jun Wan a short side glance while taking a drink.

I know it's too early to tell though, just my two cents :P

Anywhos, I'm loving this drama as it is rn :D

• Like 5

Oh I pray to God that they don't have love triangle or quadrangle. Gosh it's just giving me reply 1988 feels all over again.  I still have not recovered from the ending of that drama. If they are going to have a love line I just wish they make it clear cut and not have others also have unrequited feelings for the girl. If it comes down to it, it will be between Jun wan and Jung won. God no please, I can't choose one between them. I bet neither can she. LOL. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

6 hours ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

I know this is wrong and maybe not main point of the drama but i ship Jung won and Song hwa from the start. They got that feeling when they are together.

Their friendship across 20 years is amazing and ofcourse the band that connect them together.

Considering his past work, i am not shocked if we got some love line in this drama. 

But ofcourse it wont be the main plot just like prison playbook.

I think by the episode 5 we can get more detail about background of our 5 doctors.

80 min+ per episode is such a treat. Idk why but it feels like even if it just 1 episode per week but the duration makes up for it and i am fine with it. 

A right drama to watch just before marathon of friday saturday sunday drama on netflix.

I also have accepted the 1 ep /week format. I have Hi Bye Mama and Tell me what you saw to fill up the weekends and also The Cursed and Hyena for weekdays. There isn't so much time that I am able to spend for kdrama cos I have started preparing for exam in June. So, this is fine with me. 

I kinda feel that either Ik Jun, Jeong Won or Jun Wan may have some feelings for/past history with Seong Hwa. Maybe they all had a crush on her and she kinda friend-zoning them one by one. I wanna see their failed attempts :D That should be fun!

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

4 hours ago, nrllee said:

Isn’t she married? But she definitely has a significant other - he dropped her off at work.  BUT he was caught with another woman in the lift by JoonWon...so I anticipate heartache for her when that is revealed.  :tears:

Someone asked why JeongWon is Andrea as well?  Probably because he’s Catholic?  When you get baptised/confirmed you get another name. 

She is not married. I think that's her boyfriend. 

Why a girl's name though? Andrea is a girl's name, right? Is it common to have gender confusing Catholic names like that? 

• Love 1

29 minutes ago, miracle23 said:

I kinda feel that either Ik Jun, Jeong Won or Jun Wan may have some feelings for/past history with Seong Hwa. Maybe they all had a crush on her and she kinda friend-zoning them one by one. I wanna see their failed attempts :D That should be fun!

What’s the bet that mild mannered mummy’s boy SeokHyung will come out of left field and swoop her off her feet instead? :lol: She was the only one who showed up to help him with his thesis?  The others don’t think much of him (he’s not in the running) so he would totally be the dark horse.  That would be hilarious.  And not to forget he was the one who asked her about the band first...and he knew she would say yes if she was the vocalist...something none of the others knew. 

53-D0-D0-C0-EDE2-4001-A685-B7-B42980-A5-

<

6-F644-FBA-EA89-47-AE-8166-02-CD1-D2-F22

@kokodus Andrea can be male...like the tenor Andrea Bocelli.

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

Andrea is Italian for strong and manly. I don't know about him being strong and manly here but the actor is certainly manly enough.

I ain't touching this PD/ writer's love line with a 10 foot pole. It never ends well. So much better going with the flow. I felt so much less stress with Prison Playbook. And in this drama I LOVE the female lead with all of them.

She is doing just fine as a Cardiothoracic Professor of surgery. If the woman has survived so long having 4 sexy male friends she can jolly well hang out with 4 of them. At this point don't actually want her to like get married and have to be pregnant and not work. Or seeing her work hours not looking after her kid.

So yeah... the love line can be shelved. I never remember the romances in the Reply series. I remember the relationships between the characters more. You have no idea how much I love the friendships in all 4 of their previous dramas. Love it. Love them.  In fact the only reason why the Reply 1997 heroine stuck in my head was that she was addicted to alcohol.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ck1Oz said:

So yeah... the love line can be shelved. I never remember the romances in the Reply series. I remember the relationships between the characters more.

I believe the friendship relationship is the strongest asset of this drama. If  Seong Hwa was a friend with all four for so many years it is highly better to remain in the friendzone. It makes sense. I like that they show us their personal relationship outside the group too.

I will not have anything against if Song Hwa is discovered to have romantic feeling with any of her friends but I don`t think it will happen.

I can`t wait to watch the next episode. I am looking forward to watch the cameos as well. I know that the actors from the PD`s previous dramas appear most likely but I am sure there will be others too.

• Like 4

Now that I remember the parents in the Reply series I am actually happy with what's his name? Sorry. Professor Ahn and Andrea stuck in my head more than his other name. Lol.

I had forgotten how much I love the parents in the previous dramas. I just kept expecting an evil chaebol mother you see. Its taken me all day to reconcile myself to  his mother actually caring for her children. And actually not planning to backstab the other guy who became the Chairman.

3 hours ago, nrllee said:

What’s the bet that mild mannered mummy’s boy SeokHyung will come out of left field and swoop her off her feet instead? :lol: She was the only one who showed up to help him with his thesis?  The others don’t think much of him (he’s not in the running) so he would totally be the dark horse.  That would be hilarious.  And not to forget he was the one who asked her about the band first...and he knew she would say yes if she was the vocalist..[...]

Yes, that could be the case! That she will eventually fall for him:D

• LOL 2

I agree with @ck1Oz though regarding romance in this drama.  It’s not a deal breaker for me.  I would prefer it IF it does make an appearance that it becomes a small side issue.  The main focus is on friendship and camaraderie.  They know each other well, they see everyone at their worst BUT they still hang around.  They have each other’s backs.  Just like their band.  Everyone plays their own instruments and they rock it together...even if SongHwa is tone deaf.  They put up with her and indulge her regardless.  :lol:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, kokodus said:

Oh I pray to God that they don't have love triangle or quadrangle. Gosh it's just giving me reply 1988 feels all over again.  I still have not recovered from the ending of that drama. If they are going to have a love line I just wish they make it clear cut and not have others also have unrequited feelings for the girl. If it comes down to it, it will be between Jun wan and Jung won. God no please, I can't choose one between them. I bet neither can she. LOL. 

But Jung won ( I’ll call him Andreas) wanted to be a priest , and every year still hopes to be . So maybe he ain’t interested in relationships. :w00t:

I doUbt there’ll be romance btwn the friends , much lest a love a triangle . For all you know , Yang ( the ob-gyn) is the one who likes her :lol:

I had a two week kdrama detox, but I am back on board. It is so hard to avoid kdramaland. I always need a good story to soothe my heart, soul and mind. 

I enjoyed watching the first episode of Hospital Playlist and I'm glad that it is only one episode per week. I can see the high quality in the storytelling, camera angles, editing, and directing! The entire cast is lovable. Most of all, I love Yoo Yeon Seok!!! His acting really came out of the screen and reached my heart. He made me laugh and tear up at the same time in the drinking flashback scenes.

I'm so ready for more laughing gimmicks. They're so wholesome and fun.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Andrea - is male name means strong heart / brave.  I think he’s being nick named as that one because he has a weak heart or emotional. But he is also a good decision maker and strategist. 

Haha Seok Hyung okay that’s truly a twist. My guess — Song Hwa has a thing with Ik Jun but never got it there! For Joon Wan and Jeong/Jung Won - my heart will break for each of them. Can they just focus on the family - friendship? 

I can’t get over the band performance and drinking session of Jung Won with hyung! Hahaha

Btw — Yoo Yeon Seok real name is Ahn Yeon Seok. Hehe. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

It never come across me to watch this drama. But, Netflix suggest me to watch it and in my free time, I'd give a go. 

I'm shocked to see the main actor/actress. It feels like 'Reply' series, and after coming to this thread, oh.. Its true. 

I do hope the love line this time, will be my liking. 

Err... Sung Dong Il also act in this too... 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, anjelikaeyes13 said:

Btw — Yoo Yeon Seok real name is Ahn Yeon Seok. Hehe. 

OMO, I think his sweet character is not acting but just his real person :wub:

He is very sweet and caring with the child (2:05 - 2:38)

Spoiler

ezgif-2-3a046ff924e2.gif

ezgif-2-ba8dbd2fb26a.gif

But, until now I am still in dilemma to choose between YYS, JKH & JJS! :sweatingbullets::D

Every actor/character has their own charm.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I initially was hesitant to watch this, but because of more time at home, I gave it a go. Wow, this series is so fun to watch.  I love the confession segment and the talk between YYS and his hyung that followed, as well as the reminiscing of similar situations in the past.  It has that REPLY series vibe! The only thing I don't like: it is only once a week!

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

48 minutes ago, superspace said:

But, until now I am still in dilemma to choose between YYS, JKH & JJS! :sweatingbullets::D

Every actor/character has their own charm.

Why you have to choose? I like all three, plus the lady friend. And KDM. He plays a mama boy but he is funny to watch. :D

• LOL 2