Quantcast
angelangie

[Japanese Drama 2019] Coffee & Vanilla コーヒー&バニラ Kohi & Banira (咖啡和香草)

dRWfh5Qxg43M37x1sdDxVCW3jnFGNU9TjrcqMpf3

Details:

Japanese Title: コーヒー&バニラ Kohi & Banira

Chinese title:  咖啡和香草  Kāfēi hé xiāngcǎo
English title: Coffee & Vanilla

Genre: Modern, Romance

Episodes: 10

Broadcast Period: July/4/2019

Broadcast Network: 

Cast:

Fukuhara Haruka as Shiragi Risa

Sakurada Dori as Fukami Hiroto

Synopsis:

A love story between Risa Shiroki and Hiroto Fukami. Twenty year old Risa Shiroki comes to Tokyo from her hometown in the countryside to attend university. Pretty and popular with male students, she has never had a boyfriend and dreams of having a sweet love. One day, thirty year old Hiroto Fukami appears in front of her. He is business man who appears to be gentle and looks perfect. As romance blossoms between them, Risa discovers Hiroto's dark past.

(cr: https://mydramalist.com/37567-coffee-vanilla)

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Still don't have subs right? I saw this too and was thinking the guy looks good and want to watch it... :tears:

• Like 3

On 7/13/2019 at 9:19 PM, Lawyerh said:

Still don't have subs right? I saw this too and was thinking the guy looks good and want to watch it... :tears:

Great news! IrozukuSubs picked it up! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Thanks @LavelyShai, i did saw some sub available now. But i haven't got chance to watch it. 

So apparently, this is manga adaptation from same title? Looks many said the guy looks younger than the girl lol. And seems the romance escalated fast? I'm more of slowburn romance type.

kgH3Jbf.jpg

@angelangie have you watched it? How is it? 

• Like 2

On 7/14/2019 at 9:19 AM, Lawyerh said:

i watch it with Mandarin sub hehehehe

i dont think the guy look 30 in my eyes though mostly like mid 20s at least lols

24 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

@angelangie have you watched it? How is it? 

yup yup i watch it and im totally loving it.....have you tried out the teaser?

• Love 1

1 hour ago, angelangie said:

yup yup i watch it and im totally loving it.....have you tried out the teaser?

Haha not yet darling cos imma out of wifi now... Will try to watch this, since you mentioned its good and he do look handsome :lol:. (Im weak with handsome guy). I will come back with review. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

Haha not yet darling cos imma out of wifi now... Will try to watch this, since you mentioned its good and he do look handsome :lol:. (Im weak with handsome guy). I will come back with review. 

well i zip my mouth first unless u want my review first lols...

im enjoying it....the girl is timid....the guy is overbearing....however there is a connection between them....

the guy is hiding more than just his identity.....and the girl innocence kinda pull him in as we always says opposite attract....

the girl have something that pull the guy towards her and mainly all guys i guess....

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I watch till eps 2 for now and I'm loving it,the guy is so handsome and sure it's going a bit fast but I think there is a lot more to happen because there is something the guy is hiding,

My theory is that he might be a vampire because he can actually read her thoughts and like vampire do that but I'm not sure

• Like 1

He is a complete seducer

• Thanks 2

i  am into a j dorama after a long time.  was recently watching a lot of j movies and could not decide on any doramas.   At last here i am.  

I was browsing and i got a YT video notification of this drama.  Looks like my cup of tea.:tounge_wink:

Hello @angelangie LTNS............ we meet here again.  When does this drama air?  weekly once?

• Like 1

ok, i watched all the 4 subbed episodes.  Hiroto is a big rogue and his business rival akutsu is a big shi**.   For their rivalry they are using innocent girls.  I dont think i am going to watch the rest of the episodes.  I feel for the girls.  Now Risa's friend has fallen into Hiroto's net. 

OMG,  already i cannot accept how fast the love and the love making developed. 

if anybody posts the development of the future episodes maybe i will read it and watch the rest.  thanks in advance.

I've been reading comments on how they felt this was a J-version of 50 Shades:w00t:

Hiroto comes off really aggressive, possessive & controlling - all Red Flags to me<_< I'm not OK with the way Risa sort of goes along with it. I mean I get she's a virgin but sheesh like grow a spine at least:angry: Still I'm strangely drawn to this despite it's sketchy plot LoL:P:lol: 

• Like 2

On 8/2/2019 at 9:40 PM, Latte_Anyday said:

I've been reading comments on how they felt this was a J-version of 50 Shades:w00t:

Hiroto comes off really aggressive, possessive & controlling - all Red Flags to me<_< I'm not OK with the way Risa sort of goes along with it. I mean I get she's a virgin but sheesh like grow a spine at least:angry: Still I'm strangely drawn to this despite it's sketchy plot LoL:P:lol:

atleast in 50 shades Christian is only into one girl Anna.  Here i find it as an atrocity by the ML/his rival as they make a move on to so many girls when they find them attractive.  

@pad-hari

Er--actually Christian had many submissives before he met Anastacia. She's the only one who didn't go along as easily as his previous lovers. Still, I get what you're sayin'. He's a one woman man. What I don't get is what is the female lead's supposed charm LoL!? Like everywhere she goes, there's bound to be at least one guy who's into her! And on top of that, I find it a lil insane how Hiroto proclaims his love for Risa after just one date.  

• Love 1

The ML, I feel is being type cast in the same role.  I watched his last drama PERFECT CRIME and somehow he has similar role.  May be I am wrong.  Anybody watched the rest of the subbed episodes?  How were they? Better???

On 8/23/2019 at 2:39 PM, pad-hari said:

The ML, I feel is being type cast in the same role.  I watched his last drama PERFECT CRIME and somehow he has similar role.  May be I am wrong.  Anybody watched the rest of the subbed episodes?  How were they? Better???

I also watched perfect crime but i personally think this show is better than perfect crime. In perfect crime he kinda had a mysterious role and he didn't really do much communication, in the sense that I don't believe that his character was devolped enough by the creaters of perfect crime. Even tho Coffee and vanilla did escalate really really really quickly, I feel like they did a better job on his character. I have watched till episode 8 and there are only 2 left, if I'm correct. I think it's worth giving it a try, but u probably already know that it still has the classic Japanese cheese :):):) (its supposed to be laughing faces but idky they look creepy) . I still don't understand how they feel in love after 1 meeting but I am still into the drama. I personally think it is one of the best japanese drama or movies I have watched, bc I have experimented and u don't even wanna know what I have been thru :):):):)

Edited by Sadia Rahman