[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Twisted Fate of Love 今夕何夕

sugarplum892

Ok, based on all of your positive comments and reviews, I am going to start watching this drama. I am familiar with the male lead since Bu Bu Jing Xin. I am not familiar with the female lead but its ok as long as their chemi is good. 

Let's do this!!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, ElleSor said:

Ok, based on all of your positive comments and reviews, I am going to start watching this drama. I am familiar with the male lead since Bu Bu Jing Xin. I am not familiar with the female lead but its ok as long as their chemi is good. 

Let's do this!!

Their chemistry HITS different, its not HOT , its not Cute, Its not BAD at all, its not Passionate, but its Attractive, Maybe once you will see you'll understand. It's a bit different.

ep 13/43 under my belt ...I think I am a fickle woman, I came for Dong Yue but falling in love with  Feng Xi  :love:

First kiss ... I melted .  Dong Yue is really playing hot and cold with our main man here ...she plays his flute so beautifully and yet she says that she is not in love ...sure sure baby. 

ep 14/43  I feel that Dong Yue owes an apology to Feng Xi for his sister's  traitorous maid ..   :)

Wow!!! this drama is progressing in a good direction slowly and steadily.  I loved both the episodes.  That was one deep kiss of the OTP.  She first struggled but gave in immediately.  She is in love but why deny it.  But one thing i like what she told him " I'll try to understand you in my own way"  Yeah she does owe an apology for misunderstanding him for mingzhu's escape.  But she is trying to understand him.  I liked their heart-to-heart talk at the end of ep.14.  The FX character is so different.  I liked how DY described him "SHREWD AND DEEP- SMOOTH AND SLICK."  

I have another doubt.  If FX knows that Minister Yang is a good person, why did he advised the king for his capital punishment and help his family move to a safe place? @jadore1, any idea about it?  He has his own unique way of solving the problems, isnt it?   You are right about some beautiful one liners in this drama.  They are superb and sweet.  

Ialso like the music in this drama.  Its very very pleasant to hear.   I really hope to see when DY falls for him fully and their love interactions.   

@pad-hari I went back to ep 14 to see if i am able to understand ...because translations are not always clear to me ...He said to FX in the jail that he was prepared to die when he spoke against emperor/ emperors orders ? and he did break their 'law' as listed by FX ...so it seems that if he did not die but rot in jail his whole family would be demoted and encounter 'strife' ...with his life he is saving his family.  This situation is you are damned if you do , and you are damned if you don't . FX choose to help this man save his family . Again not too many of us would choose that solution , but FX weighted the pros and cons and saving the family vs old man kind of won. Not sure how accurate my take is LOL 

So Mr Wen is not her biological  father it seems , her mom called him Master?  What a concept, to meet yourself from the past .  I like how FX is ready and willing to adopt the little girl if she is DY's daughter and yet her 'own father'  seems like a stranger . I wonder what she needed that memory for but I love how jealous he got hehe .  

OMG!!!! what a turn of events in yesterday's episode!!!!!!  Never did expect such things to happen, really!!!!!!  Actually i did watch last week episodes.  I felt  a bit bored and the plot going awry by introducing some new character Wen.  They did the same in the previous week too by introducing new character Minister yang.  DY was kept like a doll in the FX's mansion.  Did not take a step to pull down that villain minister and the script writers doing a bad job.   Only Jin han did so well as FX and kept the drama going. 

OT: Like FX character, the 2 male leads like anti-hero/manipulators who won the heart of mine are from

1. Shanguan Qui Yue from Love Better than Immortality and

2.King Ning, the prince(2nd lead) from Bloody Romance. 

They are super smart to sense the coming danger and move the pieces with advance thinking like FX to bring the situation under their control but also using the FL for their purpose unlike FX 

On 12/8/2020 at 6:45 AM, jadore1 said:

20/43  I think the motto 'never trust the emperor' or politician should apply about now . Feng Xi is cool , rich or poor this guy has class. :sweat_smile:

You are right.  Isnt the king too late to investigate about the consort's death.   Thats one shady move by the PM to pit FX, but did not expect that coming about the consort and FX relationship.  wow!!!!!!  

Now it is getting interesting.  We are also going to see Phase 2 of FX as he promised DY that he will not do any manipulations again.  But he has start from the scratch now to come to that previous big position.  I am curious as to how he is going to do that.  We are in the midway and so expect the plot move quickly now.   

Tha raw is already up on various websites upto ep.30.  But will wait for the ST's and watch it.

I think you @pad-hariand I are ready to pull hair with script writers .    I did not mind him trying to break off with DY  lol mind you i agree with his strategy and his reasons are actually very valid ...director and writer made her look like an insipid doll these past few episodes. 

I lost my patience waiting for the sub and watched all the episodes raw  which was released this week.  Wow!!!! the plot is moving fast and there are lot of surprise revelations like the one in ep.19.  Looking forward to the episodes next week.  

On 12/8/2020 at 9:59 PM, pad-hari said:

@jadore1@Table122000why they did not release the ST's for the usual 2 episodes (ep.21 and ep.22) like the previous week?  any idea???  Is there a change in the releasing schedule of the subs. from this week? Thanks

Well, according to the viewing calendar, the episodes are all released for this week as scheduled.  Schedule is 2eps per day, Monday-Wednesday, total of 6 eps per week. This week (Dec. 7-9), the schedule is ep. 13-18, which have been posted at all the liscensed streaming platforms.  I checked at WeTv and Huashi Idol & Romance YouTube and the episodes were subbed in English up to 18, so I'm not sure why you are not seeing the subtitles.  Viki is creating the subtitles with their teams, so the subtitles are not finished at Viki because they are done by the volunteers.  VIP access to episodes 19-24 has been posted at WeTV. They should all be subbed. I can't check because I'm not VIP.

WeTV Link: https://wetv.vip/en/play/f5hlc09m4c9xb2w/h0035bxmmm2

As far as I can tell, subtitles were released as scheduled for this week.

15 hours ago, pad-hari said:

@Table122000Yeah they delayed releasing the subs for this week.  Actually they release 2 ep subbed each on Tue, Wed and Thurs.  But they did not release the subbed ones yesterday but released all 4 today.  Maybe some delay.  Anyway, thank you for the response.

You are welcome.  Oh, I see. Hmmn...I do not know why they waited and released all the episodes at one time this week instead of the usual 2 eps per day. Maybe they had technical difficulties? Hopefully, it will not happen again.

How’s everyone enjoying this drama?? Is there much romance involved??

I’m a fan of Sun Yi so interested in watching but I like real romantic dramas lol I’ve seen some photos and she looks stunning!

6 hours ago, J13 said:

How’s everyone enjoying this drama?? Is there much romance involved??

I’m a fan of Sun Yi so interested in watching but I like real romantic dramas lol I’ve seen some photos and she looks stunning!

Hi there, Did we meet in Goodbye my princess thread????? Welcome

Reg. this drama if you liked GMP, then you will like this also.  The ML is kinda anti-hero type.  very interesting.  Reg. SY, she is very very beautiful with all her costumes & accessories.   Sometimes at one moment she is portrayed as a doll and suddenly another moment, she's inspired and as a brave independent lady.  Reg. romance, it is there but dont expect too much but the chemistry between the leads are ok, so everytime they meet we can feel smoking romance feeling between them.

the cinematography, OST, the shooting set everything are so beautiful.  I give a big thumbs up to the production team.  The first 10 episodes are so good and the next 12 episodes kinda, the plot is dragging/confusing and go down but in between these episodes are some unexpected revelations.  As of the episode 30 released now, the plot is now set and really looking forward to the action next week.  

Overall there are ups and downs.  the only consistent character is the ML who is doing an excellent job every episode so you dont find it boring.  Actually i started watching this for SY but ended up liking Jin Han very much.  I give it a 8/10.  

Just finished watching raw from ep.31 to 36.  So many dramatic scenes and good development.  Actually i read the ending too.  Its too good to be missed.   So looking forward to the finale next week.  

@jadore_1have u given up on this drama?  No views from your side for this week episodes???

ep.39 preview.  dont open these videos unless you want to be spoiled!!!!!

ep.40 preview Revelation no.1 !!!!!!!

ep,41 trailer OMG!!! what a revelation no.2!!!!!!:crazymad:

Spoiler

ep.42 preview:

Ep.43 finale trailer.  dont open unless you want to be spoiled!!!!!

Spoiler

cr: as tagged

On 12/11/2020 at 7:46 PM, pad-hari said:

Hi there, Did we meet in Goodbye my princess thread????? Welcome

Reg. this drama if you liked GMP, then you will like this also.  The ML is kinda anti-hero type.  very interesting.  Reg. SY, she is very very beautiful with all her costumes & accessories.   Sometimes at one moment she is portrayed as a doll and suddenly another moment, she's inspired and as a brave independent lady.  Reg. romance, it is there but dont expect too much but the chemistry between the leads are ok, so everytime they meet we can feel smoking romance feeling between them.

the cinematography, OST, the shooting set everything are so beautiful.  I give a big thumbs up to the production team.  The first 10 episodes are so good and the next 12 episodes kinda, the plot is dragging/confusing and go down but in between these episodes are some unexpected revelations.  As of the episode 30 released now, the plot is now set and really looking forward to the action next week.  

Overall there are ups and downs.  the only consistent character is the ML who is doing an excellent job every episode so you dont find it boring.  Actually i started watching this for SY but ended up liking Jin Han very much.  I give it a 8/10.  

Hello!! @pad-hari  yes we did meet at GMP thread (still one of the best dramas ever I reckon haha).

Thanks for your feedback. I might give it a try then! :kiss_wink:

Archived