sugarplum892

1KXxz_4f.jpg

Cr mydramalist

Details:

Chinese title: 今夕何夕/ Jin Xi He Xi
English title: Twisted Fate of Love 

Genre: Ancient, Romance

Episodes: 43

Director: Wei Han Tao, Xu Hui Kang, Chen Xiang Juan (陈湘娟)

Broadcast Period: November 23rd - December 21st, 2020

Cast:

Sun Yi as Dong Yue
Jin Han as Feng Xi
Tan Jian Ci as Pang Yu
Luo Qiu Yun as Zi Yuan / Ming Zhu
Yu Cheng En as Dao Le
Zhang Zhi Jian as Lu Yuan Tong
Hai Ling as Li Yu Rou
Wang Xu Dong as Lu Chuan
Shen Bao Ping as Fang Yuan
Hong Jian Tao as Duke An
Zheng Guo Lin as Emperor
Wang Dong as Wen Ye
Lu Chen Yue as Wen Xin
Zhao Xin as Noble Consort Feng
Ruan Ju as Murong Yi

Synopsis:

During the Yin Dynasty, Dong Yue, a brave general in the Dingyuan Rebellion, was sent back in time to stop a war that would claim the lives of countless innocents. She sets out to murder corrupted officer Lu Yuantong in an attempt to prevent war, and during her journey she met Feng Xi and Pang Yu. Pang Yu and Feng Xi were old friends who cared deeply for each other, but fell out and turn into enemies. While trying to reconcile the two brothers, Dong Yue also tries to stop Lu Yuantang's evil schemes which are poised to tear the nation apart with their help.

Cr dramawiki

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

Twisted Fate of Love 今夕何夕 Viki Episodes

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to SoompiSupport

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • Guest changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Twisted Fate of Love 今夕何夕
1 hour ago, jadore1 said:

Torpedoed through all 8 episodes...I had great time with these two ...looking forward to the rest of the episodes :love:

wow!!! so fast.  Yup, heard good reviews from MDL, especially Sun Yi.  The subs are out so fast for all the 8 episodes.  :love:

8 hours ago, pad-hari said:

wow!!! so fast.  Yup, heard good reviews from MDL, especially Sun Yi.  The subs are out so fast for all the 8 episodes.  :love:

Very glad to hear of good reviews . I started watching because of Sun Yi, love her :)  I was not so sure about the ML but he is growing on me so that now even after just 8 episodes I am pleasantly surprised and cheering these two . The 3rd prince does not have a chance LOL .....just kidding I don't know what will happen but I am happy when I like both ML and FL sincerely.  

up to 12 .... our ML is quite unique :tounge_wink: I am enjoying how the story unfolds .He is the youngest Minister , brother to the Emperors' no 1# concubine , good strategist , logical and yet he has the beautiful and  mighty angel of justice to keep him on the straight and narrow lol  and He is the only one who can hear her flute ....and she seem to be the only one that he is sharing his flute music with LOL according to the house gossip 

omg!!!! i likey this drama so much.  This is so fast paced and like their chemistry too.  I saw some bts in weibo and i am convinced on their chem.  I loved jin han in Our Glamarous time with ZLY.  He is so good in that historical clothes and yes,  his character is so unique.  I dont know if i have to like or hate him when he acts foxy towards the FL.  I am on ep.4 now.  Hope the OTP understands each other and join hands to bring down the villain.

Any idea if this is HEA ending?

She is so beautiful!!!

2QmzO2K.jpg

VvB15s8.jpg

3nZkpsL.jpg

Cr:weibo

2 hours ago, pad-hari said:

omg!!!! i likey this drama so much.  This is so fast paced and like their chemistry too.  I saw some bts in weibo and i am convinced on their chem.  I loved jin han in Our Glamarous time with ZLY.  He is so good in that historical clothes and yes,  his character is so unique.  I dont know if i have to like or hate him when he acts foxy towards the FL.  I am on ep.4 now.  Hope the OTP understands each other and join hands to bring down the villain.

Any idea if this is HEA ending?

She is so beautiful!!!

Whatever ending the drama gods choose I am ok...I just finished ep 12 and It's their journey that has me intrigued... remember she is 'immortal' and what is his story with the flute ....so I am looking forward to see the creativity/ imagination that this this drama dishes out ....and @pad-hari thank you for keeping me company on this one LOL I like :love:

This is one of the best dramas among the ones airing right now.  Its kinda different to see ML so foxy and is very advanced in his plans to topple the wild foxes in the kingdom.  JY is excellent in acting and facial expressions.  I dont feel for him being foxy towards FL too after 12 eps. 

DY is erratic in taking decision to bring down LY, the foxy minister.  But FX is planning perfectly to bring him down.  He is trying to make friend with him and bring him down later.  I like how he bring down everyone so far one by one smartly.  So, i am waiting for it too. 

I saw comments in MDL that they are having SML syndrome.  But i dont.  FX is the best.  He is good hearted and you cannot predict his next step at all but it all ends well and bad for the badies.  hehe. 

I think Eryu is FX coz he is the only one who hears the flute sound apart from DY.  We have to wait and see how they are connected and i am curious as to how she will feel/react when DY comes to know about it.  Actually she has already fallen in love with FX but she is in denial.   

Also i want to know the backstory of what exactly happened to Feng family.  

The shadow puppet show by the Third prince was excellent.  I liked it.  The OST's are so good and very melodious to hear- both the opening and the ending ones.   

I like Daole and Minghzhu too.  they are a cute pairing.  

I am in love with this drama and will surely stick to it even though if its a sad ending(based on the title, my guess).  Actually i started watching this for SY, but now its JH i look forward to upcoming episodes.  

On 11/28/2020 at 2:22 AM, jadore1 said:

This drama has some amazing one liners that crack me up ....ep 6 @ 11 min....."The one who should see it has not seen it yet ":star:

I think i have to rewatch this scene.  I dont remember exactly when it happens.  

On 11/27/2020 at 8:48 PM, jadore1 said:

He did a beautiful job decorating her room ep 12  and all on his own ...he is in love :love:

Yeah, It was beautiful how he had decorated the room for her and also assigning two maids personally for her. 

I hope she is not being disturbed by the concubine who is already present in FX's harem.  She seems to be a nice lady and hope she does not change bad becoz of jealous attitude towards DY.

8 hours ago, pad-hari said:

This is one of the best dramas among the ones airing right now.  Its kinda different to see ML so foxy and is very advanced in his plans to topple the wild foxes in the kingdom.  JY is excellent in acting and facial expressions.  I dont feel for him being foxy towards FL too after 12 eps. 

DY is erratic in taking decision to bring down LY, the foxy minister.  But FX is planning perfectly to bring him down.  He is trying to make friend with him and bring him down later.  I like how he bring down everyone so far one by one smartly.  So, i am waiting for it too. 

I saw comments in MDL that they are having SML syndrome.  But i dont.  FX is the best.  He is good hearted and you cannot predict his next step at all but it all ends well and bad for the badies.  hehe. 

@pad-hari what is SML syndrome LOL or better not to know since "I Like" this drama its good for me sometimes not to read some comments....its a matter of choice and sincere enjoyment . I would have never paired ML and FL and yet in this drama to me they work like a charm, I would have never said that i would watch ML with excitement and yet here I am eagerly waiting for my next batch of episodes .  It is that dialogue between ML and FL , the individuality of the characters , good directing and writing , whatever it is , it is something that triggers  me ,  gets me hooked and like them , i am a goner with love . :blush:

@jadore1SML is Second Male Lead syndrome.  Hehe.  Third Prince is good in attitude and respect our FL.  Also the actor is more charming than JH.  Hence the SML syndrome.  But to me, JH is charming and I am loving his character here as FX.

You r right, the dialogues bet ML and FL, are so good, they just resolve any misunderstandings immediately.  They are straight forward.  The directing, writing and the ost's I luv them.  I look forward to this week's 6 episodes with more anticipation. 

10 hours ago, pad-hari said:

I dont feel for him being foxy towards FL too after 12 eps. 

I think Eryu is FX coz he is the only one who hears the flute sound apart from DY.  We have to wait and see how they are connected and i am curious as to how she will feel/react when DY comes to know about it.  Actually she has already fallen in love with FX but she is in denial.   

I just started this. Because I am a fan of Sun Yi. She looks so sexy here. AGAIN with the dubbing it puts me off so Bad.

I too have a hunch that Er Yu 's spiritual Power was given by FengXi. I love his micro expressions here. I am still not deep enough to know if the SML syndrome here will exist or not but maybe not cause even if I tend to slightly doze off when they are discussing political stuff, the chemistry between the lead makes it up, its a bit Different.

I actually was aghast by the way they showed FL/ML entangled in the second episode, agree ML was trying to protect her but wow that was Bold(talking about the HorseCart scene here)

I do think even from very First episode she was somehow pulled towards FX, she is in fierce Denial because as per her Historical Information she thinks FX ordered the Battle.

We know Historical FACTS were distorted ? Why Because the Writer (I forgot the name, he is DY friend) was ordered to write extra in chitter chatter, in future the facts can easily be distorted.

Also WX/DY is also present in the Timeline before the Battle as a Kid right? Doesn't that distort the Time-Space concept? Am I supposed to shrug it off, Maybe.

@jadore1 She is not an Immortal here I think it's more to do with her Soul fragment left in battle was sent back in time with Er Yu's spiritual Power. She will dissipate or die if Flute is harmed, As per the Opening song lyrics I guess she travels multiple times back in time and also Her Original Physical Self should merge with the timeline (We see her and FX battling it out together in credits) , then she can be harmed.

Thank you @pad-hari and @madmad min sometimes I need other perspectives when it comes to ancient dramas and i did come across in c drama love post 

Summary: The Chinese drama is adapted from the novel “Yu Zhao Ci”. It tells the story of half immortal Dong Yue who has a lotus body and Feng Xi, a powerful minister who has no choice but to go through the entanglement of love and hatred for three generations to prevent the war.  

I went back to rewatch the episodes and pick up clues as you said...the flute can't be damaged or it will be perilous to DY's current life ...and Feng Xi's actions, speech, character etc....   and I definitely do not have SML ...he might be nice but it is FX who is helping her ...the poor prince is no match for my ML 

20 hours ago, pad-hari said:

I hope she is not being disturbed by the concubine who is already present in FX's harem.  She seems to be a nice lady and hope she does not change bad becoz of jealous attitude towards DY.

I was thinking the same thing..that feng xi is eryu...since he the only one can hear the flute sound other than DY. Also FX's concubine seems very nice lady...but i can see her jealousy towards DY since DY enter FX's harem. I really hope that "jealousy" don't turning into bad. Btw...I love opening song of drama:kiss_wink:

And even though 3rd prince is nice guy. I don't think DY has any feeling for him except being respectful towards him.  :grimace:

Archived