[Drama 2020] The Game: Towards Midnight, 더 게임

0ly40

MBC Presents

The Game

The_Game-Towards_Zero-mp1.jpg

Network: MBC

Genre: Mystery, Crime

Episodes: 32 (2 back-to-back episodes a 30 minutes)

Air date: January 22nd - March 12, 2020

Air time: Wed & Thu @ 20:55 KST

Director: Jang Jun Ho (Time)

Writer: Lee Ji Hyo (King of dramas)

Story:

It is a mystery melodrama about a man who can see death, a detective working on a mysterious murder case, and how the two uncover hidden secrets. Taecyeon’s character Kim Tae Pyung is a prophet who sees others’ deaths, but is placed in an unusual situation when he meets detective Joon Young, whose death is the only one he cannot see.

Cast:

2PM’s Ok TaecYeon as Kim TaePhyung

A prophet who can see death, 27 years old.

He has the special ability to see the moments right before the death of someone by looking into their eyes. Instead of suffering from this mysterious ability linked to the death of people, he thinks that it is a special ability of his own. He is rich, handsome and has a sexy brain. However, he cannot see the death of JoonYoung and that started to scare him.

300_400_k.jpg

Lee Yeon Hee as Seo Joon Young

A homicide detective who is working with TaePhyung to solve cases. 30 years old. She has good insight and intuition. Her father who was a police officer was her hero and her whole life, however, he passed away 20 years ago. That was a huge shock for her. She was only depending on herself and no one else. However, when TaePhyung appeared, she started to change. She wants to heal his and her wounds.

300_400_s.jpg

Lim Joo Hwan as Goo Do Kyung

A forensic expert, 33 years old. TaePhyung gave him the nickname of “4 weeks left” because he gives the result 4 weeks later. He is a smart and talented employee of the National Forensic Service. He always seems relaxed. In front of JoonYoung, he acts differently. He can’t stop laughing when he is with her and lets his image of a cool and cold man away.

300_400_g.jpg

Others

Jung Dong Hwan as Teacher Baek
Park Ji Il as Nam Woo Hyun
Park Won Sang as Lee Joon Hee
Jang So Yun as Yoo Ji Won
Choi Jae Woong as Han Dong Woo
Kim Kang Hoon
Ryu Hye Rin
Shin Sung Min
Yang Hyun Min

Character Chart:

cast.jpg

Teaser:

Spoiler

press conf

OST

Spoiler

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you, @0ly40, for starting the thread.    I just read about this drama. Sounds good!

2PM's Taecyeon to make acting return as male lead of MBC mystery drama 'The Game'

taecyeonjpg.jpg

Taecyeon is preparing to make his return as an actor!

On July 8, it was revealed that the 2PM member, who returned from serving mandatory military service last May, has been cast in the upcoming MBC drama 'The Game.' He will be playing the role of Kim Tae Pyung, the drama's male lead.

In 'The Game,' Kim Tae Pyung is a man with the supernatural ability to see death and uses his unusual gift to assist a detective with a murder case. However, he is unable to see the death of detective Joon Young. 

The casting news comes three years after Taecyeon's last acting role in the 2017 OCN drama 'Save Me.' 'The Game' will be directed by 'Time' and 'Start Again' director Jang Jun Ho and was written by screenwriter Lee Ji Hyo. The production team is aiming to begin airing the drama in January 2020.

source

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] The Game, 더 게임 - Oh Taecyeon

Lee Yeon Hee And 2PM’s Taecyeon Confirmed To Reunite For New MBC Drama

credits: Soompi - by D. Kim

Lee Yeon Hee and Taecyeon are reuniting as leads of a new drama!

On August 2, an industry representative reported, “Lee Yeon Hee has been chosen as the lead for MBC’s ‘The Game,’ which will premiere in January of next year.”

In response, her agency SM Entertainment confirmed, “It is true that Lee Yeon Hee will be playing the role of Joon Young in ‘The Game.'”

“The Game” is a mystery melodrama about a man who can see death, a detective working on a mysterious murder case, and how the two uncover hidden secrets. 2PM’s Taecyeon was previously confirmed to play the male lead Kim Tae Pyung, a prophet who sees others’ deaths.

Lee Yeon Hee’s character Seo Joon Young is a police detective of Yongsan Police Station. She has strong patience, insight, and intuition. She shows politeness and warmth, but she also demonstrates charismatic confidence when it comes to her work.

The two actors will be reuniting after the 2013 film “Marriage Blue.”

“The Game” is scheduled to premiere in January 2020.

First script reading for MBC drama series “The Game: Towards Zero” (Credits: asianwiki)

The-Game-Towards-Zero-BG1.jpg

First script reading for MBC drama series “The Game: Towards Zero” (literal title), starring TaecYeon, Lee Yeon-Hee, and Lim Ju-Hwan, took place recently at MBC Broadcasting Station in Sangam, South Korea. Main cast members that attended the first script reading included TaecYeon, Lee Yeon-Hee, Lim Ju-Hwan, Jeong Dong-Hwan, Park Ji-Il, Park Won-Sang, Jang So-Yeon, Choi Jae-Woong, Ryoo Hye-Rin, Shin Sung-Min and Yang Hyun-Min. Director Jang Joon-Ho and screenwriter Lee Ji-Hyo were also in attendance. Director Jang Joon-Ho stated at the script reading that after seeing everyone in the room together, he feels confident about the show’s success. The drama series will revolved around Prophet Kim Tae-Pyeong (TaecYeon ) and Detective Seo Joon-Young (Lee Yeon-Hee). They search for the truth behind a serial murderer.

“The Game: Towards Zero” is set to first air January 22, 2020 in South Korea (takes over MBC’s Wednesday & Thursday 9PM time slot after “Love With Flaws“).

The-Game-Towards-Zero-BG2.jpg

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] The Game: Towards Midnight, 더 게임 - Wed & Thu 21:00 KST - Premieres on January 22nd

Taecyeon's protruding ears are adorable LoL. He's turned out to be quite the stud too eheheh, time spent at army has made him a man ooh la la! 

For some reason this reminds me of Black?. The lead actress in that drama is bff with the lead actress in this LoL. A lil fun fact there. Also I think this is like Taecyeon's third(?) drama dealing with the supernatural. 

I was so mad at Mi Jin's dad for not picking up his wife's call & realized a lil too late that his own daughter was the victim. Thank goodness she survived...though next ep. show she's still in grave danger. I do wonder what role does that coroner play into all this.. and why can't Taecyeon foresee Yeon Hee's death..? That sort of reminded me of how Edward can't read Bella's mind from Twilight.:P:rolleyes:    

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2020] The Game: Towards Midnight, 더 게임 - Wed & Thu @ 21:00 KST

The last two EP was good, if one can change fate, there may be a ripple effect to that. Same like final destination movie. But I am sure there is a message to tell when the story develop further...I am curious to know how the story and writer's intention is heading to for this drama besides the cat-mouse game. :)

hmm I was expecting more replies on this thread :blink: it's a good start, I haven't been excited over k-dramas in a while now (I didn't like that many 2019 dramas compared to previous few years) his power also reminded me of the female lead in Black, both of them see death with their eyes. That preview at the end of ep 2 was misleading it showed her saying she arrests him but it didn't happen?

and also "sexy brain"? haha :joy:

Hi everyone 

I just start watching this drama  this week and by chance I didnt plan or read about it beforehand  

But here we go again another great drama 

I really liked the first two episodes  waiting for more 

I have to say they making my head blow with ideas  from first week 

1. Did the really killer was the one that was catch before 

2. Why they afraid from the person who he cant see her death , the old man said bad karma  but I think he know from his own experience  what the meaning when you meet someone you can't see his death at least as   it was said by  the end of ep 2 : the first time the fate change , and the first time when heart beat  

2. How the three of them connect  the doctor the detective  and the man who can see death they all meet before for fate to changeable  when they  start meeting again 

I have even this crazy idea that the killer from the past was wrong and the detective father  whose  die has more secrets 

I think what making thecold man fear the most is the hope that you can change  fate

It may happen with your other half and if he going it back to the impossible  to change fate, accepting  that all your life is painful  but more painful  when you know that you can or could change it sometimes  that make the ones when you failed yours mistake 

Anyway  happy to find this drama going to keep watching it for now  

The plot is interesting and fun. I always love good supernatural drama!

I hope Goo DoKyung is an interesting character because so far he is not, but then again we hardly saw him. And is he going to be the burned face murderer? Can we stop with that voice? It's so unnatural in almost comical way.

Also, stop focusing on Kim TaePhyung's eyes so much. Do that only when the viewers actually get to see the death. It's almost becoming uncomfortable. 

And please let Kim TaePhyung be more urgent next time! I know he doesn't believe that the fate can be changed. I know he's carefully looking through the place to find the exact place where the girl is buried. BUT STILL can he at least run a little? He was slowly walking almost all the times while Seo JoonYoung was running around frantically! 

It makes him so emotionless. I guess it's because he's used to seeing death so much, but it's hard to like the character when he's slowly walking around while everyone else desperately doing their best. 

Stop with narration and actually show him being involved enthusiastically! I don't care about his heart fluttering for the first time!

At this point, girl's father is more interesting than Kim TaePhyung. Actually, the dead gangster is more interesting than Kim TaePhyung right now.

On 1/24/2020 at 2:46 PM, crystaltears said:

hmm I was expecting more replies on this thread :blink: it's a good start, I haven't been excited over k-dramas in a while now (I didn't like that many 2019 dramas compared to previous few years) his power also reminded me of the female lead in Black, both of them see death with their eyes. That preview at the end of ep 2 was misleading it showed her saying she arrests him but it didn't happen?

and also "sexy brain"? haha :joy:

I love this drama so far!

I know there has been criticism of both Taecyeon and YeonHee's acting before, but I believe they have stepped up their "game" for this one.

I think the arrest may come in this week's episodes.  It looks like there will be another (perhaps successful) attempt on MiJin's life?  

Another post says KTP seems "emotionless".   Not sure when he started seeing death, but if he saw everyone's death since then, I think being emotionless is his form of self-survival.  Some deaths were probably quite gruesome or heartbreaking as he sees not only the death, but the people around the victim.  

Looking forward to this week's episodes.

Archived