[Drama 2020] The Game: Towards Midnight, 더 게임

0ly40

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, TheaN said:

Since KTP is American, might we hear some English from him in future episodes.  Would be cool as Taecyeon really sounds like he is from the US.

Didn't he have dual citizenship before he willingly drop American one, so that he could go to military? 

Some koreans still think he's just Korean because he went to military. Most koreans didn't know Ma Dong Seok was also American until marvel happened. Same with Choi Woo Shik. I bet not many people know that he's Canadian, and it seems some people are already asking around when he's going to the military. lol I think that's the reason why Ok Taecyeon chose to go to military. Probably, there was pressure that he should go because he's "korean." If he doesn't, some people will see him as just escaping his duty.

Just started watching. Pacing is quite good. The leader actor reminds me of Song Seung-heon (Black).
You all have good theories ! I was just thinking maybe he couldn't see her death because he caused it ? His own death seemed like he was in grief and I guess that necklace belongs to her.

And I cry....Daebak to whoever made the music background of this drama, thumbs up. Although it's only the 3rd episodes.  

I kept listening the background sound of ep 3 from minute 18:30 - 22:15, sunset pic :heart: (it's so lovely : the piano, the cello, and the flute) , KTP and SJY eyes met each other, I feel it  Sweet, innocent and no rush - the romance is happening. KTP is not a cold man from ep 1 anymore.

In my wild imagination, the reason KTP cannot see SJY death is because KTP is SeoJoonYoung's savior, her Superman. But I'm afraid of the ending. Wouldn't be surprise if OkTaeCyeong involve with this drama ost - he's a good singer. Waiting till the end, usually The drama will release full album ost.

7 hours ago, Shinobu said:

I tried this drama out for Im Joo Hwan and found the premise very interesting.  It can't be that the bad guy is revealed so early can't it?  Or maybe main guy's vision is wrong?  Hmmm....

I was wondering why drama is called "The Game". I think we might have our answer now. He knows Kim Tae-Pyeong can see the moments when someone is dying and he sends a message to him. Not exactly sure how it works because it hasn't happened yet. But he seems to be able to manipulate it somehow. But you can't arrest him either because he didn't do it yet. Not quite sure yet what his motivations are, but there were hints for some kind of revenge. And he likes to toy with people. It seems to boil down to some sick psychological "game" between them.

This is turning out to be an interesting story! I was honestly surprised when they revealed the face of the killer so early in the show. There must be a twist in it somehow. Also seldom we see the male lead show romantic inclinations so early too. There is hardly and build up to the romance (at least on his part), and I am inclined to think that it is because there is so much more they want to tell in terms of the story.

So they probably  meet in the orphanage the three of them

But that dont explain why he cant see her death , he had the ability  way before he go there 

Just how this sick fate will end ?,  from the preview  seem that the killer will take or hide her before committing suicide to make him suffer of the unknown fate of his love one 

Is that will happen soon or just another future he going to see in the killer eyes  now that he meeting him again ??? 

That explains the sad flashback of his death alone  and sad in that beach that Will  be his fate if he really lived searching  and not known what happen to her , but fate can change  maybe that will change too 

But again why he cant  see her death from the start !! Still has so many theories about that but not a clear idea 

And again the Killer that they catch from 20 years ago was all wrong, he was his father he change his identity to search for truth, he found the really killer but probably  he killed him in rage and his father dying anyway from sickness so he had nothing left but hate and revenge from all the people who destroyed his and his father life 

I hate what he did to the poor girl she was victim and innocent but I have to say her father is the worst he never learn, just when I thought he did understand he again want to fake news  and ignore his family  for his work and fame I hate what happen to the innocent  girl, but I feel no pain for her father he should suffer maybe more to be a human again . 

12 hours ago, Fabbo said:

I was wondering why drama is called "The Game". I think we might have our answer now. He knows Kim Tae-Pyeong can see the moments when someone is dying and he sends a message to him. Not exactly sure how it works because it hasn't happened yet. But he seems to be able to manipulate it somehow. But you can't arrest him either because he didn't do it yet. Not quite sure yet what his motivations are, but there were hints for some kind of revenge. And he likes to toy with people. It seems to boil down to some sick psychological "game" between them.

From the preview, it looks like the girl wasn't strangled to death so I think you're right about him being able to manipulate the vision somehow.  So this guy is the main guy's nemesis.

Yar, it is interesting how the medical examiner is able to change KTP visions without actually doing the deed. It is like the visions change with the killer’s intentions/decisions at that point in time. But at least the reasons behind his actions are clearer now. Although wouldn’t it be easy to catch the killer since Min Ji has his DNA under her fingernails? And he has a deep wound. How does he intend to escape?!

So far I am v impressed with the storyline, I hope it keeps it up to the end! 

How did the killer send a message with the dad’s phone number? When the phone is clearly still in the dad’s hands. 

I remembered many years ago, I watched a FBI documentary from discovery channel showing how they solved the mysterious murder cases including finding the missing dead body in the town with the help from psychic..Most people don't believe in supernatural power, but it really happened in the documentary film that reported in the channel and i found it was interesting and unbelievable....

This drama reflected the same but using two men with supernatural power to find each other. I am sure Koo Do-Kyung (his orphanage friend, may be a victim) deliberately lead him to find the truth thru the vision of murdering the girl...story will be getting intense once three of them meet up in the hospital in the next ep.

It will be a karma or punishment for Lee Joon-Hee (the girl father) for his irresponsible reporting. The media has added fuel to the longstanding murder case by being irresponsible and reporting unverifying facts, and allowing some stories to “grow legs.” They can be misrepresenting and deceiving the information.

Another guy may be punished later on, will be the chief police officer, Nam Woo-Hyun, who covered up his wrong doing for arresting the wrong culprit.

Until now, we can see the impact and ripple effect of change of fate...Is it possible to change our fate? Fate is what will come to us in our life no matter we like it or not, and free will is what we choose to do with it. I am curious to see how the drama is going to depict clearly on this point. :)

I read somewhere that the fortune teller once said, if you have the psychic power, you can't leaked out the death secret of that person, once you reveal it to that individual, it will be a curse...:vicx::sweatingbullets:

The guy who plays the medical examiner is playing a psychic killer again? Haven't i seen him play a patrol officer cum serial murderer somewhere?

Is the medical examiner aggrieved by those who convicted his father? - the detective's father, the reporter and I guess the detective's boss is next on the guillotine?

Some questions:

1) is the medical examiner the son of the wrongly accused man stuck in prison for 20 years?  That is why he is angry?

2) how does he know that KTP already saw the picture? Is he also a psychic?

3) Det Seo stayed a while in orphanage.  Who took take of her afterwards?  Did she have relatives who took care of her?

4) in the story, KTP met the serial killer at orphanage, then went to the US for 20 years, is that right?

5) who is the old blind man he lives with? 

6) how did med examiner fake texted the mother using the reporter's cell number?

1 hour ago, cherriesblue said:

Some questions:

1) is the medical examiner the son of the wrongly accused man stuck in prison for 20 years?  That is why he is angry?

2) how does he know that KTP already saw the picture? Is he also a psychic?

3) Det Seo stayed a while in orphanage.  Who took take of her afterwards?  Did she have relatives who took care of her?

4) in the story, KTP met the serial killer at orphanage, then went to the US for 20 years, is that right?

5) who is the old blind man he lives with? 

6) how did med examiner fake texted the mother using the reporter's cell number?

1. Yes he the son of tha man in prison who they framed  him as killer 20 years ago he sure angry living as murdered  son, losing his family, having to fake his identity and maybe he the one who set the orphanage  on fire to hide his identity, searching  for the killer himself  and then finding  that it all useless since his father dying anyway  from sickness ( not that I say he have the right to kill people  but the people  who involved has responsibility of what he become he want them to understand  too)

2.i dont think he has super power too , more of he understand the fate change now since what happen the first time, it all about people  really will, first time he played a game if they can save her it was okay he want them to suffer the same pain process more then killing her , he getting angry now that they dont show remorse or change after the first time, so it about how the other side change his will  that why future keep changing now ,when he saw he killing  her at 19 he did really have the plan to kill her at that time but since they guard  her well at this time he change his plan ( he know he  helping  the investigation  so he going to see her death  moment before or after her death anyway so he sending him a message while killing no matter if before it after he going to hear  it) 

3.i think the old detective take her and raise her 

4.i think he was in US before, was born and raise there till he was in the age when he met his teacher  he come to Korea and start leaving here so he meet  him in the orphanage not to long before he arrived to Korea but maybe I am wrong I have to watched again to be sure 

5.no one know, but mostly  he like ktp he had the same power in past had made name, power and money  of it till something happen And he lost his eyesight , Ktp  come to him searching  for someone to understand him or maybe the teacher  found him and take him with him 

6.maybe copy his phone  not the hardest  things to do now 

15 hours ago, nona88 said:

I hate what he did to the poor girl she was victim and innocent but I have to say her father is the worst he never learn, just when I thought he did understand he again want to fake news  and ignore his family  for his work and fame I hate what happen to the innocent  girl, but I feel no pain for her father he should suffer maybe more to be a human again . 

Yep.. When i am "happy" that a little innocent girl dies things must be really bad. But this was pretty much the worst thing that can happen to him and i don't mind that one bit.

And i think the kidnapping alone would have already broken the family. I would have liked to see different dynamics there.

How can his wife ever trust him again? He wasn't there when she and her daughter needed him the most. He probably never was which is something that she would finally realize. 

Oh and of course you have the irony that he was too busy chasing a scoop without any human decency without knowing his own daughter is the victim. I am sure that makes those feelings even ten times worse? He didn't care about his daughter or the victim. One of it would be enough to be disgusted and dump him.

Then there is the part that he with his live reporting obstructed the investigation and rescue mission. He actively put their daughter into more danger. 

Oh well and there is the part that his daughter only became a target because of him. But his wife doesn't know that one yet. Normally you have people feeling guilty over nothing because they are humans. But here it is actually his fault to a degree.

Well he will be busy blaming the cops. (To be fair they only had one job). Are we even sure the girl is dead? They could let a doctor check on her. I mean they are in a hospital.

Archived