Do you get headaches?

singlebilingual

I never had any headaches during my student years, except when I had the cold. And I never had a cold during my middle school and high school years. Nowadays, I get severe headaches every time I wake up. It becomes a long struggle for me to be able to concentrate, and it can affect the rest of my day. I also get sleepy during the day. I don't know why. Do you get headaches? At what age did it start? How do you cope with it?

7 hours ago, singlebilingual said:

I haven't.

maybe you should. if you get headache when you just wake up and feel dizzy, it could be something like BP? so there are lots of different types of headaches and migraines. in some cases, headaches are related to some other problem like low sugar etc. thats why it is better to check with a doctor to rule out those other stuff. feeling sleepy/tired and not able to concentrate are common side effect of having headaches and migraines.

check out resources to get an understanding of the different types of headaches and migraines that are there: https://headaches.org/resources/the-complete-headache-chart/

in order to treat a headache, you have to first know what type it is (there are lots!) and to be able to convey that to a physician effectively.

what helps is to have a headache diary -- note down how often you have a headache, how long it is and what your triggers are. https://www.migrainetrust.org/living-with-migraine/coping-managing/keeping-a-migraine-diary/

if your triggers can be avoided, then it helps. for some, chocolate, wine is a trigger. for people like @Sejabin and myself, the trigger can be weather related -- basically it has to do with air pressure, heat -- stuff we have no control over.

have had headaches and migraines for years. started when I was 12 and it is inherited. something that really helps me is to exercise regularly, sleep a fixed amount (6-8 hours and have a regular sleep schedule) and never skip meals. I always stick to my meal times. If my meal is delayed by half hour then immediately, I start to get a headache. I always have 3 meals minimum. drink plenty of water. during a headache, wash your face with cold water and close your eyes for a few minutes. don't spend too much time staring at the computer and every few hours, look at nature. it helps to cool the eyes.

I chopped my hair because I found it too heavy and actually making my headaches worse. have read in one forum that for some men (think you are a guy right?), keeping a bald/crew cut helps?

so I generally apply a balm (menthol/eucalyptus based helps. do you have anything like tiger balm?) and if it is bad, then take a painkiller. taking a short nap also helps. sometimes headaches are psych-related -- so if you are anxious about something, it is reflecting in your body. something that also many suggested is to have a glass of hot water after a meal (think something like chinese/ginger tea) and that will help.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes. Headaches occur often when I am out and about under the hot sun for prolonged periods or when I am sleeping very late at night. I cope by taking pain medicines and sleeping it off afterwards.

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...
14 hours ago, Melanie Griffin said:

I suffered from headaches. I was exhausted and irritated all the time. My doctor prescribed me pills, but I didn't want to be on meds all the time. So, I changed my daily routine and nutrition, joined the enhance club and started taking its health supplemnets. Also, I sleep at least 7 hours and drink a lot of water. I should say, it all works great for me. 

Just smoke some weed

• 1 month later...

Hello! I am familiar with this situation. I haven't found a solution yet either, but you can try reconsidering the amount of sleep, tiredness, when your head starts hurting. Less stress, drink enough water, add activity, I think you will feel better.

• SC2019 locked this topic

Archived