Is 2019 the slowest year for K-dramas ever?

Hello,

I've been watching K-dramas for years now, and there have always been dozens of them airing at the same time, among which I would pick the 2 or 3 most exciting, because of my busy schedule. But so far this year, I've been having incredible difficulty finding new releases to watch. Except "Her Private Life", I haven't seen anything memorable in 2019. Thus, my title question: Is 2019 the slowest year for K-dramas ever? Or have I missed something?

Honestly, I think the slump has been going on since mid 2018. Hopefully we're getting towards the end of it and there will be lots of interesting dramas to choose from soon! I feel like it's been forever since I either binged a full drama or waited impatiently for the next episode of something. 

Yea my thoughts exactly. 

It has been a bit of a downer especially with K-Pop bein' a total mess & we still have 5 months left before 2019 ends!<_< I don't know if that have somehow impede my enjoyment of K-Dramas but it does affect it somewhat... Also there's lack of good dramas this year at least to me.

It doesn't make me as excited as it did before where I was anxiously waiting for the next ep. Right now I'm just rewatching a lot of my old faves.

Archived