Director:

Broadcast Period: 12/23/2019

Cast:

in Dong

Lan Ying Ying

Sun Chun

Tian Yu

Synopsis:

Luo Bing is a senior partner at Panorama Law Firm. He is a lawyer who cares only about winning cases. Dai Xi goes to his law firm to argue with him about her best friend's lawsuit and by chance becomes his assistant. At first, they don't get along, but soon they begin to understand each other and Dai Xi's respect for Luo Bing grows. Luo Bing also inherits some of Dai Xi's empathy for others and learns that practicing law is more than just winning. They both grow and become reliable partners in law.

Cr mydramalist

The Best Partner  精英律师 English Subbed Episodes

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

Coming soon...

Additional Links:

The Best Partner  精英律师 English Subbed Episodes

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to moderators 
@angelangie l LavelyShai

Watched 2 ep. & it was..watchable ahah.:P

Jin Dong is like Harvey from Suits. Instead of a male protégé, a woman plays Mike's role. Again why do they keep givin' female leads crazy hair!? :crazy: The actor who plays her bf, is just as obnoxious to Angelababy in Entrepreneurial Age. Jin Dong's secretary is similar to Donna from the original. I love her style.:D

The other lawyer in the firm is annoying af! He has these crazy eyes. Well lookin' forward to more ep. but not expecting much as these can turn dull as is the case with most dramas.    

Is it worth watching? I don't think I've ever seen Lan Yingying in a likable role. Her bushy hair is so offensive to me. I've actually seen other women rock this look in real life but... it's totally not working for her. 

Also, I've never watched suits. My impression of the show is that it's less about cases and more about fancy lawyers lol. I say that to say, I'm only drawing references from the show and impressive ensemble cast. Actually, looking at the cast...how did Lan Yingying even get a leading role? 

Yes it is worth watching.  Don't worry, her hair is straighten once she works for Luo Bing the lawyer. Actually Daixi crazy bushy hair grows on u. The drama is so good so far. I love the banter between all the characters.  Great exchanged of witty dialogues. Even supporting actors are great. Every character lawyer in the drama has some flaws/inferiority complex. If you love witty dialogues drama, you will love this. At times, I burst out laughing at their banter. 

I love the secretary. She is really classy and sassy. Daixi is just like a wild child but super intelligent. Both leads learn from each other. Love how Daixi influenced Luo Bing in such a subtle way that even he didnt realise he has become more human in dealing with people. 

Legal cases are solved quickly and cleverly. A mixture of office politics, legal cases n interpersonal relationships. Not very heavy on romance ... just a subtle hint here and there. 

I got to episode 8. Li Na and He Sai are my favorite characters.

I don't really like the relationship between the FL and her bf. He's belittling of her achievements and likes to bring up the obviously traumatic past we don't know about yet. She tends to blur their professional and personal boundaries to serve her own purpose <_<. The FL also tends to take legal matters into her own hands, which I have mixed feelings about. 

I don't need to see romance...esp not office romance, which I personally find annoying and unprofessional. 

On 1/1/2020 at 10:26 AM, crackaddict said:

I got to episode 8. Li Na and He Sai are my favorite characters.

I don't really like the relationship between the FL and her bf. He's belittling of her achievements and likes to bring up the obviously traumatic past we don't know about yet. She tends to blur their professional and personal boundaries to serve her own purpose <_<. The FL also tends to take legal matters into her own hands, which I have mixed feelings about. 

I don't need to see romance...esp not office romance, which I personally find annoying and unprofessional. 

I feel he is a little bit jealous of DX's intelligence. He knows she is far smarter than him.  If not for her past which was revealed later, she would be a great lawyer and would have over shadowed her bf. She n her bf broke up later. He wants to get married and wants DX to stop working at lawyer's office. DX being DX got the taste of her capabilities and feel useful and achievements in her life for once. She is not willing to give up her job just yet.

I'm still watching this. And I don't really like how DX feelings for Luo Bin could be (mis)interpreted as romantic. I'm talking about the scene where she shows up at his house on the rainy night. Cause I don't feel that either of them have demonstrated any romantic affection for one another. 

Also, the gossiping intern is lame. It's (he) obviously set up to blacken the leads! So DX shows up at LB home and it's romantic? But Li Na seems to be really familiar with LB home and we've seen them there together! 

Yo, Gu Jie is something else...how insidious and sinister. 

Go Jie is so awful! She blacken the Head just to take over the co. Now she has no choice but leave the co because she was oust by evidence gathered against her. She set up her own co with another black guard and she went and took all the law clerics as well as big clients from LB's co by bribing them and spread false rumours about the head. I hope one day she has a really big downfall because she likes to do illegal things to win cases.

So far neither has demonstrated any romantic feelings. Just feelings of admiration for each other's skills n intelligence. She sort of idolise Luo Bin and Dai Xin is like Luo Bin's pet baby. That's how I feel from the show so far.

DX and her ex have remained good friends and they get along better now than before.

Luo Qi gets on my nerves so much! Because of Luo Bin's inner thoughts, I wonder if she's dealing with some emotional instability. I def did not appreciate her comments about Lan Hong. It's fine to think that your own family member is excellent, but it's hypocritical to look down on other people's relatives. So far, Luo Qi has only demonstrated to me that she is petty, childish, and unable to place herself in other's shoes. It's good that Lan Hong didn't marry Luo Bin---he would never stand up for her in front of his sister. 

I couldn't stand Luo Qi self righteous attitude.  She always get Luo Bin into trouble by not telling him everything.  Another trouble maker is Dai Xi. Although she is good for Luo Bin, at times I feel like she should just grow up a little and not to be rash inner actions.

I wonder if there's any plot twist about Dai Xi background.  For now we only knows she didnt finish her law school but we know nothing about her family. Don't think her ex knows too. Nothing was mentioned about her family in the show.

Yeah, now that you mention it, it's kind of odd that we never see Dai Xi's family. We even met He Sai's younger cousin lol. I do think that DX tends to take a lot of matters into her own hands because she's very confident about her abilities and trusts her moral compass. The problem is, she doesn't always understand everyone else around her or the gravity of her actions. I never found her to be relatable or character worth rooting for, probably because there is a low-key "i know what's best" air about the character that I am not convinced by. In fact, Luo Bin has the same type of arrogance, but we see a lot more of his inner turmoil and sense of humor, so he's more fleshed out and sympathetic.

It seems like the drama ends at ep 42 last night. 

I can't stand Luo Bin's sister. She went and push/ask Luo Bin to employ her dirty handed lawyer boyfriend in his firm and also let her boyfriend to be the firm's partner. She is really "arrgghh" and Luo Bin couldn't  reject her. 

DaiXi confronted her enemy professor who preyed on university girls n threatened/harassed Daixi back then. ManFei, Daixi ex came to work in Luo Bin firm. 

That's it. The end. The ending is like one just savouring a dish so yummy n suddenly there's no more.

3 hours ago, angelangie said:

just curious did the FL and ML ended up together or their r/s is just as co-worker who work well together?

To my disappointment, it just ends there as boss n assistant. Though there were mutual attraction steaming up when they are together, the drama didn't expand on that. Need to watch the sub of last episode to know what Daixi wrote on the note that she left on Luo Bin desk with 2 figurines n went MIA for awhile. 

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2019-2020] The Best Partner 精英律师

Archived