[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Gank Your Heart 陪你到世界之巅

Lynne

Regarding this moment in Ep 15

Spoiler

After they finish eating and drink their beers, the waiter delivers a warm towel to XK.  QY asks him why he wanted a warm towel and he just smiles at her before getting up to move his chair closer to her.  He asks her if her hands don’t hurt and then takes one of her hands and wraps the warm towel around it.  He tells her that the intensity with which she played is almost equal to how they are when they train, and counsels her to play no longer than 3 hours at a time in the future.  He tells her she has to learn how to take care of herself.  He then asks for her other hand and asks if she feels any better.  She nods and says it’s a lot better.  He tells her he has some ointment, which he’ll bring to her next time.  She thanks him, which prompts him to ask why she’s being so polite given their brotherhood. [ACK!  JXK, you’ve been hanging out with your teammates for too long!  At least say you’re friends . . . you don’t tell a girl she’s like one of your bros!  LOL!]

giphy.gif

Xiang Kong dear.... GUYS will not... I repeat, will not be this kind to his BRO!!!!!  :phew: Seriouslyyy this twoo!!! hahaha... 

Anyway.. awww.. Shu Wen is such a Boss Lady! So assertive! I love her!!!!! 

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, lynne22 said:

Xiang Kong dear.... GUYS will not... I repeat, will not be this kind to his BRO!!!!!  :phew: Seriouslyyy this twoo!!! hahaha... 

I mean, SERIOUSLY.  LOL.  I sometimes wonder if he's truly clueless or just in denial.  And even if he did start out clueless, he couldn't possibly remain clueless after all the times people mistake them for dating, right???  Ugh.  These two.  They slay me while simultaneously making me giddy with glee and amusement.  Haha.

Shu Wen is like The Boss.  I love her confidence, no-nonsense attitude, and her all around awesomeness.  She and Sun Ge are the perfect complement.  Those gifs that you shared of their first meeting. . . Gets. Me. Every. Time.  :heart:

I'm back with more recaps and, as the weekend has arrived, hopefully will be able to share more in the next two days.  This episode has some of my favorite scenes (see if you can guess which ones they are!) so it was fun to recap.  I hope you guys like it too, and @lynne22, I have a surprise for you at the bottom.  I think you will be very happy.  (And I think I'm correct as to the count as I don't think I would've not commented on it every time it happened in my recaps...)

Episode 17

Spoiler

Episode 17

QY and YY are looking at the preliminary test for the “Tomorrow’s Star” contest.  It’s an online test where YY points out how QY will have to answer a lot of questions correctly within one hour.  She comments on how nerve-wracking this will be and how, if QY answers a question incorrectly, she’ll have to start over from the beginning.  She asks if QY has any sense of assurance about this and QY responds that even if she doesn’t, she has to anyway.  YY then tells her she might as well begin in a “grin and bear it” sort of way. 

As QY shakes her fists in preparation, YY tells she’s ready and to not be nervous.  Fortunately, once she starts the text, we see she doesn’t have any problems answering each question correctly until she arrives at the last question.  As YY counts down time, QY closes her eyes and chooses the one she thinks is most likely to be correct.  Hurrah, she was right!  The girls celebrate as QY flies through the first round without any problems.  They then look over the next screen that pops up online; it’s the rules and regulations regarding the next round.  If I understand it correctly, it says that for the next round, they’ll be formed into groups of five and have to answer questions at the event site.  Only the person who comes in first place will be able to advance.  YY tells her she won’t have any problems considering how easily she answered all the online questions just now, and reminds her to relax and not be nervous when she goes to the event site.  When YY points out the questions that will be asked at the event site will most certainly be more difficult than the ones they were asked just now, YY asks if she can have more self-confidence, and QY says, “Okay.”  She then gets to work studying again and YY says she’ll keep her company.

Over at VNG, XK is also hard at work creating a plan for the team’s daily practice schedule.  Suddenly in the middle of his work, that ecard thing that QY had previously texted him pops up on his laptop.  It reminds him to check for the “Tomorrow’s Star’s” preliminary contest results and he quickly pulls up that website.  As he scans the list of names, he smiles and nods his head in approval when he finally spots QY’s.  (She’s assigned to Group A and Qiao Xin’s name is next to hers.  Ugh.)

The next day, QY is hanging out and studying at Hellolala Pink Café when she gets a text.  It’s XK who asks, “You advanced to the next round, were you not going to share the good news with your Teacher Ji?”  She responds, “It’s just passing the preliminary round.  You’re so busy, I didn’t dare bother you.”  XK then writes back, “Originally I going help you celebrate, but now that you’ve said that, I guess we can forget about it.”  She puts the phone down and asks herself what she was looking forward to (expecting/anticipating) and if that wasn’t the case, why she feels empty and desolate inside.  Right at that moment, XK appears next to her with a strawberry milk tea in hand.  He tells her that no matter how busy he is, he still has time to drink a cup of milk tea.  She’s surprised (and obviously happy) to see him and asks what he’s doing there.  He sits down next to her and teases, “I was missing a little this place’s strawberry milk tea.  Who knew, by chance, I’d run into some ungrateful little disciple.”  She answers that’s not the case, and instead explains herself by saying she’s a little nervous about the upcoming next round of her competition, so she thought she’d visit the café and study her notebook.  XK tells her that no matter how busy she is, she should still make sure to take care of herself.  He observes that she’s looking a little wan and sallow (just what every girl wants to hear, LOL) and gifts her two boxes of product placement face masks (he even comments that it’s the kind of face masks that all “you girls” love to use, haha).  QY thanks him and puts them in her bag.  While she’s doing that, he peers at her notebook and asks if she’ll be able to memorize everything through her last minute cramming.  He then offers to teach her a secret know-how, but when she accepts and asks him that it is, he stops himself and says he probably shouldn’t be sharing it with outsiders and tells her to forget about it.  She then smiles and rolls her eyes, and asks him who wouldn’t already know about those “few” moves that he has.  She says, “The Great iConquer Legends Team Leader Gu Fang once said, ‘That JXK, no matter what game hero he plays, he always has only four set patterns, which are: pretend to not see, pretend the plays aren’t working, pretend he can’t escape, and pretend there’s somebody behind him.  In short, they’re textbook kind of cheap tricks and…’”  At this, XK tsks and starts tickling her, while telling her to just go on and keep talking.  He jokingly asks if she’s asking to be hit, and she hurries to respond, “I was wrong, I was wrong” in order get him to stop tickling her.  After she stops laughing, she looks over and notices him looking at her.  She asks him what he’s looking at.  XK asks if he can’t look at her and points out that, in the future, when she becomes the first commentator, he’ll only be able to look at her from a distance through the screen.  QY smiles and tells him to stop teasing her, and then adds more seriously, that whether she is able to become the first commentator or not, so long as he wants to see her, she will definitely come.  After they stare at each other a little bit longer, he breaks the gaze by grabbing for his strawberry milk tea and QY adds, “Besides, you once said, we’re brothers.”  He smiles in response and then they sit in awkward silence until QY leans forward and asks XK if he has a really good relationship with VNG’s Coach Shu Wen.  If he finds the question out of the blue, he doesn’t let on.  Instead, he says that if they want to mention it, they’ve known each other for many years already, but . . . he’s cut off from adding further explanation when the alarm on QY’s phone goes off.  He asks if she has something else to do and she explains she has a qualifying match today.  XK then (somewhat awkwardly) offers to give her a lift, which she accepts. 

XK drops QY off in front of the GDV broadcasting station.  She hands him back the extra helmet, thanks him for giving her a ride, and tells him to drive carefully on his way back.  After she tells him she’s heading in, he calls her back by telling her to wait and then reaches out with his hand as he comments that her hair’s become messy.  After he fixes her hair for her, he tells her not to be nervous when she’s participating in the competition.  He tells her to “jia you” and that he has high hopes for her.  She promises to “jia you” and then they fist bump.  XK watches QY walk away with a smile on his face.  [And they insist they’re “just” bros . . .  Come on, you two!]

On the basketball court of a nearby university, Xia Ling faces off against his opponents and then dribbles around them in an impressive play to land a layup.  The crowd cheers and the game continues until Xia Ling makes another basket.  Xia Ling and his teammates reassure their opponents that they shouldn’t feel embarrassed while they comment on how this year, they’ll definitely be the champions.  After walking through a crowd of well-wishers, Xia Ling calls someone over and asks if the results are out.  His friend tells him they’re right on time and hands over his phone.  It’s the online announcement for the “Tomorrow’s Star” finalists.  Both QY and Qiao Xin are named, along with a third person (Xiao Bei).  Xia Ling and his friends celebrate, as Xia Ling exclaims over his older sister being a finalist.  One his friends asks him to arrange for his sister to give them some tickets so they can attend the finals and cheer her on (an idea that is supported by their other friends), and Xia Ling boasts that it’s not a problem.  He says everyone will get two tickets, and his friends say that’s a promise. 

QY is washing up dishes in the GDV break room when Qiao Xin walks up to congratulate her for making it to the “Tomorrow’s Star” finals.  She tells QY that with her around, she won’t feel bored anymore.  QY turns around and looks like she’d rather be anywhere else but having this conversation with Qiao Xin, but finally, she smiles and says she also feels honored to be able to finally stand on the same stage as her “Xin Jie” and compete against her in an open and above the board manner.  She says she heard, this time, they’ll only be able to rely on their real skills/abilities in order to win the competition and won’t be able to use little tricks; and then adds that with that said, she’s actually quite worried for Qiao Xin.  Qiao Xin sweeps her eyes to the side in an offended manner [while I am high-fiving QY and loving her for this feisty display] and QY tells her it’s okay, she just has to “jia you,” and then adds that she’ll be looking over her with high hopes before walking off.  Qiao Xin stews, but she gets served what she deserves after trying to start something in the first place! 

Right at that moment, Qiao Xin receives a text.  It’s from A Can who tells her that he’s already sent her the exam questions and that he hopes she wins first place.  She replies with a voicechat and tells him, “Okay, okay, I got it, Teacher A Can!  Thank you!”  [I swear, there isn’t a single thing this woman can do in an “open and above the board manner.”]  She then snarks in QY’s departed direction and says, “And you want to compete with me?”

YX is running on the treadmill in the Legends exercise room when he starts calling for Lu Feng.  Instead of Lu Feng, however, it’s PX who enters the room.  YX mutters, “Unlucky.”  When YX notices the speed at which PX has set his treadmill, he increases his, and then the two engage in a useless battle over who can run faster on the treadmill.  [Oh boys . . .]  Soon, YX is running like a crazy maniac while PX looks like he’s running with intense focus.  In the end, it’s YX gives up first as he stumbles to find his seat for a swig of water.  He then tells PX this time doesn’t count, and when PX asks what doesn’t count, he says, “It doesn’t count as you winning!” and points that he’d already been running [when PX arrived].  PX asks who was competing with him, which causes YX to ask, “You weren’t competing with me? Then how come when I added speed, you added speed?”  PX gets off the treadmill and says, “That’s my normal running speed.  It was you who kept adding on.”  YX plunks down his water, grabs for his bag, and mutters, “I can’t take this.”  As he’s rifling through his bag, PX says he wants to ask him a question.  He then asks why during the insider’s competition Huo Yao had messed up.  YX looks away and asks, “If it hadn’t been for Zhao Yang who was trying to make you win, and doing things in the background to coerce Huo Yao, would my Kong Ge have lost the insider’s competition and be kicked out by you?”  PX responds by asking if everything that happened was due to Zhao Yang’s scheming.  YX then stands up to confront PX and asks if he really doesn’t know or if he’s just pretending to not know.  He adds that for every day PX remains with them, he won’t let him have a good day.  PX asks if it’s because of this that YX hates him, and YX asks if he’s supposed to like him.  He calls him crazy and starts to walk away.  Right at that moment, Lu Feng enters.  YX asks him where he went off to and Lu Feng explains that Zhao Yang and Wang Bin are currently in the process of cleaning up XK’s belongings and he overheard them say they were also going to throw away his trophies.  YX asks if they’re asking for trouble and runs out of the room while tossing his bag at Lu Feng.  It then takes Lu Feng another minute to realize what YX is going to do.  He yells, “Oh no!” and hurries after YX.  PX also quickly follows.

YX walks towards the center area of the training center and looks down.  He can see Zhao Yang walking past the trophy area giving orders to Wang Bin to throw away “this, this, and this.”  YX yells at them, asking what they’re doing.  Zhao Yang tells Wang Bin to not pay any attention to YX and instructs him to continue what he’s doing.  YX sprints down the stairs and grabs XK’s picture out of Wang Bin’s hand.  Wang Bin asks him what’s wrong and YX asks him who let him touch XK’s things.  Wang Bin responds that with XK already gone, it’s like an obstruction having his things still sitting out there.  YX just slams XK’s picture back down on the trophy stand.  Wang Bin objects by telling him this is the company’s decision while YX responds by dragging him aside.  Wang Bin tells him to let go, but YX tells him to make a move if he dares to try.  Zhao Yang cuts in and asks YX if he must behave this way when he was just having Wang Bin get rid of some trash.  He then orders Wang Bin to keep on throwing XK’s stuff away.  YX ends up beating Wang Bin to the ground and starts to have a go at Zhao Yang when PX and Lu Feng rush in to drag him away.  Zhao Yang asks if he’s crazy while YX dares him to say one more negative thing about XK.  Zhao Yang then points to PX and says he’s the team leader.  He then asks in a loud, angry voice if this is the kind of team he’s leading and threatens that he can have YX reported to the police for an arrest.  PX tries to calm YX down, but when YX finally breaks free from PX’s stronghold, he points to PX and says, “Don’t think I don’t know you’re one with them.”  He accuses them of joining hands to squeeze out XK and now throw away his things.  He yells at Zhao Yang for abusing people to the extreme and PX cuts in to tell him to stop jumping to conclusions when he’s not clear about everything.  From his other side, Zhao Yang calls for YX’s attention and punishes him to serve as a substitute player for the next year.  PX speaks up and tries to argue that YX’s actions aren’t worthy of such a severe punishment, but YX angrily rejects PX’s assistance and tells Zhao Yang that if he wants him to go be a substitute, then that’s what he’ll do.  He then picks up the box with XK’s trophies in it and starts to haul it away while Zhao Yang yells threateningly from behind that what he doesn’t lack the most are support players for the team [suggesting that YX’s position, as the support for the team, would be easily replaceable].  PX then walks over and starts collecting his trophies and pictures.  When Zhao Yang asks him what he’s doing, he answers that he doesn’t want Zhao Yang to treat these things as trash to be thrown away when he leaves Legends.  Zhao Yang tries to call him back while Lu Feng follows suit and removes his trophy.

YY arrives to a karaoke bar and looks through the window of several doors before finding YX.  She storms in asking if he’s crazy to be calling her out at this hour and asks him what he wants.  YX pouts that he’s been waiting for her for an hour already and says that if didn’t arrive when she did, he would’ve died.  YY doesn’t believe him though considering how energetically he was singing when she arrived, and tells him he’s incapable of dying.  YX asks if she has any sense of humanity and points to the bruise on his face, asking her how she can be talking like she is while he’s already like this [physically and emotionally bruised].  She checks out the bruise and pokes at it, asking if he got into a fight, while taking a seat next to him.  She asks who hit him and offers to seek revenge for him.  YX objects to the notion that he was hit by somebody else and explains that Zhao Yang’s assistant had been throwing away XK’s trophies, so he hit him until he was begging for him to stop.  When YX keeps going on about all the different ways in which Wang Bin begged him to stop, YY asks, “And then what?” and tells him to get to the point, which is when YX then tells her he got relegated to be a substitute for the next competitive season.  When YY hears this, she hits him on the side of the face and asks if he’s stupid.  Since she hits him on the side of the bruised cheek, YX yelps that it hurts and then asks if he shouldn’t have gotten into a fight.  She answers (in essence), “Duh!” and orders him to hand her a drink.  After he hands over a bottle of beer, YY takes a deep swig and then tells him that he’s a hopeless idiot.  She points out that if Zhao Yang had thrown out the trophies, he could’ve just fetched them later.  She tells him she can’t believe he’d be so stupid as to be sent down to be a substitute over something like this, and pokes at his bruised face again.  She then adds she doesn’t understand why he and QY are so dead set on him [XK], and asks if he’s slipped them some sort of enchantment pills for them to be such fans.  YX picks up his own bottle of beer and after clinking it against hers, explains that if it hadn’t been for XK, he’d still be on the streets being bullied.

In a flashback, we see YX apologizing to a customer and asking the customer to not create a fuss while offering to pay for meal instead.  The customer refuses to be reasoned with and says he doesn’t care since YX was the one who was late.  He throws the take-out bag to the ground and asks how he’s supposed to eat that food now.  YX looks at the bag and call out after the customer that if he wasn’t going to eat it, he needn’t throw it away either.  He then retrieves the bag and walks back to his delivery bike.  That’s when XK rides up on his own motorbike and calls out to him with an, “Eh!”   YX turns away, but XK just walks over to him and asks if he lost his job.  YX asks what business it is of his and XK asks if he remembers the game they’d played against each other two days earlier at The King.  XK reminds YX that he’d lost, so he has to call him “ge” (older brother).  YX admits he lost, but asks why he should all him “Kong Ge,” and that’s when XK tells him he came to introduce him to a more suitable job.  He asks YX what he thinks about that, and YX responds that he doesn’t want to be a manager at the Internet café.  XK tsks and asks who wants him to be an Internet café manager.  He then asks if YX wants to compete professionally, and whether he’s heard of Legends.  YX laughs when he hears the name, Legends, and assumes XK must be playing a prank on him.  He tells XK to go away since he still has work to do, and that’s when XK says, “Okay, fine, fine, I’ll leave,” and pulls out a badge from his pocket which he holds up in front of YX.  That captures YX’s attention as he tells XK to hold up and chases after him.  He reaches for the badge to get a closer look, but XK keeps it out of his grasp.  He then holds it up again and asks, “Are you going to call me Kong Ge or not?”  YX points decisively at KX and then scurries onto his bike.  After he puts on his helmet too, he says, “Kong Ge, I’m ready.  When do we start training?” 

Back in the present, YX looks at the picture of him and XK on his phone’s home screen and tells his “Kong Ge” that he’ll drink to him [as in a salute/in his honor] By now, both he and YY are fairly drunk.  She grabs the phone out of his hand and says she wants to see.  She points at the picture and says she never imagined “that liar” would have such a sense of brotherhood about him.  She stands up and tells XK’s picture that she will also drink to him.  She then starts pouring her beer onto the ground and YX rushes to stop her as he reminds her that XK’s still alive and asks who pays their respect with alcohol like that.  [Pouring a drink in someone’s honor is done when they’re deceased, such as pouring the drink over their gravesite.]  YY, in turn, asks him what he’s doing with XK’s picture.  Right at that moment, a phone starts to ring.  YY looks around for her phone, but can’t find it, and finally YX turns her around and digs it out from the hoodie of her sweatshirt.  When he hands it to her, she hits at him and accuses him of having stolen her phone.  Then she gets all happy again when she sees it’s “her Yin Yin” calling.  She answers the phone and asks where QY is, while on the other end of the line, QY asks if she’s drinking.  YY answers that she’s not drinking, except she obviously is, so QY tells her to stop drinking and to send over the address of her current location so she can come pick her up.  In the background, YX calls out for QY to join them in their drinkfest.  QY starts to get ready and tells YY to wait for her as she’ll hurry over. 

QY arrives to the karaoke bar in a cab.  As she turns in the direction of the karaoke bar’s entrance, XK sees her and calls out.  He takes some long and quick steps to catch up to her and QY, who’s equally surprised to see him, asks him what he’s doing there.  He explains that YX, that rascal, drank too much so he came to pick him up, and asks what about her.  QY explains she came to pick up YY and that the two of them are together.  XK hadn’t realized that, so he laughs when he hears that and says he can rest easy then.  QY also laughs in response (but in a more forced manner) and suggests they head in, but XK stops her.  In a “by the way” sort of way, he asks how her preparations for the “Tomorrow’s Star” competition are going, and tells her that if she has any questions, she should feel free to ask him as he promises to be available at any time.  QY tells herself to wake-up and reminds herself that XK only thinks of her as one of his bros, and that he’s in the process of getting back together with his ex-girlfriend.  She tells herself she has to keep her distance from him, and so she takes a step backwards and tells him that’s okay.  She point out he’s also preparing for the upcoming competitive season and says she won’t bother him.  “Besides,” she reminds him, she’s working at Dream Journey now and there a lot of professionals there who can help her.  [But XK doesn’t want you asking them for help, he wants you to ask him!  Haha.]  He asks why she’s suddenly treating him like an outsider and says, “Did I offend you in some way?  Or is it that you don’t want this teacher anymore?”  [Oh no, she wants you.  And more than as a teacher.  Haha.]  QY tells him that’s not it and that he’s overthinking things; she just doesn’t want to disturb him. 

Right at that moment, YY and YX come stumbling out of the karaoke bar with YX laughing and telling YY that she’s incapable of drinking more than him.  XK asks how much he’s had to drink for him to be laughing like that, while at the same time, YY sees him and cries, “Kong Ge!”  This catches him off guard as he asks, “Kong Ge?”  YY says she’ll drink to him and YX tells her that’s his “Kong Ge.”  XK’s still stuck on YY calling him Kong Ge though and asks again, “You’re calling me Kong Ge?”  YX repeats again, “That’s my Kong Ge.”  By this point the two drunks are floundering all over the place so XK and QY each help their friends to a seat on the side bench.  YX tells YY again that she’s incapable of drinking more than him and YY pushes at him, asking who can’t drink more than him.  XK asks her again, “Reporter Lu, if I didn’t hear incorrectly just now, you just called me Kong Ge, didn’t you?  Aren’t I supposed to be just a jerk to you?”  YY looks at him and responds, “Jerk?  That’s right!”  She stands up and continues, with pointing fingers and all, “You’re a jerk!  Former sister-in-law?  You already have a girlfriend and you’re still “toying with flowers and grass” (idiom for: dallying around with other women).  If you’re not a jerk, then what are you?”  Poor XK looks so confused by this accusation.  QY tells him that YY’s drunk and that she doesn’t mean anything, but YY says she’s not drunk.  XK just looks at her and asks, “Former sister-in-law?  Toying with flowers and grass?”  YY holds up her fingers and says, “Shu Wen!  YX already told me everything.  Shu Wen’s his former sister-in-law.”  QY covers YY’s mouth with her hand and says again, “You’re drunk,” while XK asks, “Wait?  What’s the meaning of this?”  QY insists again that there’s no meaning to this, she’s just drunk, while YY’s rambling in the background that she’s not drunk.  XK thinks things over and tries to puzzle it out, and after a minute, he figures it all out and laughs with realization.  He grabs YX’s ear in his hand and gives it a twist while bending over to say, “With all the online gossip about Shu Wen and me, you just had to add to it, huh?  You rascal, just wait to see how I punish you.”  Then he pushes YX aside (and YY falls over on top of him).  Then XK explains to QY, “That’s not it.  It’s like this.  Wen Jie isn’t just his former sister-in-law, she’s my former sister-in-law too.”  QY reacts in surprise, “Huh?” and he continues, “Shu Wen’s my older brother, Sun Ze Yi’s, former girlfriend.  So all that ridiculous online gossip, you believed it to be true?  I finally understand and no wonder you were treating me so coldly.”  QY looks away and smiles/laughs with happiness [awwwww] before turning back around to ask when she ever behaved like that.  She points however that the online gossip was so “sha you jie shi” (idiom for make a show of being in earnest; pretend to be serious about doing something) that it was hard for her to not believe the online gossip because, if it was real, wouldn’t she have to try avoiding doing anything that would arouse suspicion.  XK laughs and teases, “Of all my rumored girlfriends, the one who’s the most ‘sha you jie shi’ is you, isn’t it?”  YX laughs in the background and says, “[You] have a point.  YY, you’re incapable of drinking more than me.” 

XK drags YX to The King and dumps him on Sun Ge’s couch, while asking YX why he’s so heavy.  As YX mutters in his drunken sleep, “Keep drinking,” Sun Ge grabs a blanket to settle YX down and asks why he’s so drunk.  He also notices the bruise on YX’s face and asks what that’s about, while YX yelps, “Don’t touch me!  If touch my Kong Ge’s things again, I’ll never let you go.”  Sun Ge asks who he’s talking about and asks for an explanation from XK.  XK says he heard from the coach that Zhao Yang and Wang Bin wanted to throw away his trophies and YX was so angry he beat up Wang Bin.  As a result, he was punished by being sent to be a substitute.”  Sun Ge calls YX a rascal and says it was only a matter of time with his brash temper.  XK agrees and points out that YX still has two more years on his contract with Legends so he can’t even leave.  He adds that the coach had asked him to reason with YX, but who knew he’d be this drunk.  When he points out he has a meeting tomorrow, Sun Ge tells him to head back first and when YX wakes up, he’ll try and persuade him.  Right at that moment, YX laughs in his sleep and says, “Lu YY, you’re incapable of drinking more than me.”  XK stands up and apologizes for leaving everything to Sun Ge, but Sun Ge tells him not to worry and sends him off.  After XK leaves, Sun Ge tries to offer water to YX and asks, “Who’s LYY?”  YX responds, “LXX is really pretty.”

Over in QY and YY’s apartment, QY is struggling similarly to tuck YY into bed next to her.  After she finally gets YY settled down, QY grabs the box of face masks that XK had given her and slides it open.  Inside is a note that reads, “Jia you, kan hao ni.”  [I’ve been translating “kan hao ni” so far as, “having high hopes” but it’s worth mentioning that there is no perfect translation for the phrase (at least not one I can think of).  Its literal translation is more along the lines of: I’m looking well on you, which doesn’t make any more sense.  If I had to describe the phrase by sentiment, I’d say that what XK is trying to convey is that he’s watching over her with positive expectations.  It’s a cross between hoping she’ll do well and knowing she will do well, if that makes any sense.]  QY then smiles and returns the box of face masks to its place on her bedside table.  At that moment, a text from XK arrives asking if she’s made it home already.  She reports back that they’ve already returned home and asks if YX’s okay.  XK replies that he’s sleeping like a pig and adds that he forgot to congratulate her on entering the finals of the “Tomorrow’s Star” competition.  She thinks for a second and replies, “Because a great teacher produces a brilliant student,” to which he says, “You’re finally back to normal now.”  QY replies with a sweating smiley face and he tells her to get some rest and says good-night.  After she also wishes him a good night, she picks up her stuffed bunny and say, “Little bunny, do you know?  JXK doesn’t have a girlfriend.  Shu Wen and he do not have a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship.”  The little bunny responds by telling her to have some restraint and asks her if she knows what that means.  QY says she doesn’t know what that means and the bunny says, “Even if Shu Wen’s not his girlfriend, that doesn’t necessarily means he likes you either.”  But QY disagrees.  She says, “I think he does like me or else why would he explain things to me?  If that wasn’t because he likes me, then what was it?”  After she sets the bunny aside, she tells herself she has to work hard in order to become a GDV commentator because she made a promise with XK to walk together with him towards the top of the world.  She adds, “JXK, you have to wait for me,” and tells herself she can handle the “Tomorrow’s Star” competition. 

Lu Sheng is listening to a song on his phone (it’s Miya’s song, the one QY danced to in episode 1) and starts looking at a map of the game when XK arrives back at the dorm room.  The map must be something XK has been working on as Lu Sheng comments on it with interest as he continues studying it.  As XK starts to walk over, Lu Sheng mutters, “It’s too bad.  It’s a waste,” and so XK stops in place.  That’s when Lu Sheng turns around and realizes he’s not alone.  To cover the awkwardness of the moment he makes a noise, pretending like XK had asked him a question he didn’t hear, so XK asks him if he hadn’t already gone to bed.  Lu Sheng responds that he’s preparing to go to bed and puts down the map.  They awkwardly tell each other “good-night.”

The next morning Tong Wu is setting the table with breakfast per usual.  XK walks up and comments on how bountiful it is and asks if he’s preparing breakfast for Qi Yue and Shen Yue again.  Tong Wu asks if he wants to eat anything, and XK tells him he’s fine.  That’s when Qi Yue and Shen Yue walk in and, for once, they’re pleased with the breakfast they receive and let Tong Wu know.  That is, until Qi Yue sits down and bites into a bun and finds it’s a meat bun.  He tells Tong Wu he doesn’t like meat buns and orders him to buy vegetable ones the next time.  XK cuts in, however, to say that there won’t be anymore “next times.”  He says that in the future Tong Wu won’t have time to prepare breakfast for them because he’s going to be practicing with XK for an extra hour.  Qi Yue drops his bun and suggests XK is doing this on purpose, and XK responds by asking Qi Yue if he knows how other people talk about him.  When Qi Yue asks how other people talk about him, XK tells him that others say he uses his status as Li Gan’s disciple to bully new people.  Qi Yue looks to Tong Wu who is nervously shaking his head no, and Qi Yue asks who said that and tells XK to let that person come find him.  Shen Yue, the smarter o the two, tries to get his friend to give it up but XK tells them to forget about it.  He urges them to hurry up and finish eating as they have a meeting at 10:30.  He then tells Tong Wu to get to practice.  After they exit the cafeteria, XK tells Tong Wu that he shouldn’t burdened as he’s not worse than anyone else. 

PX hunts down Huo Yao in order to ask what happened to XK prior to his arrival at Legends and asks, specifically, why he had to leave after losing their last competition.  Huo Yao asks if he really doesn’t know and PX asks, “What should I know?”  That’s when Huo Yao finally tells him about how after Gu Fang retired, XK made a pledge in front of the board of directors that if he lost the insider’s competition, then he’d leave the team.  PX observes that the person who lost the insider’s competition was obviously Huo Yao, and Huo Yao agrees that the person who left should’ve been him, but Zhao Yang was determined to kick out XK.  Plus, he reminds PX, his (PX’s) only condition in joining the team was to be the team leader.  CEO Jin didn’t have a choice then and let XK leave.  PX asks who said his only condition in joining the team was to be the team leader, and Huo Yao answers it was Zhao Yang who kept insisting this was PX’s only condition. 

Summer enters Dream Journey and, when he sees QY, compliments on her on her results from the “Tomorrow’s Star” competition so far.  He asks if she’s been successful in convincing Luo Tian to be her master, and when she shakes her head no, he tsks and wonders up with his friend.  He observes that QY is pretty and hard-working and says he doesn’t know what Luo Tian is thinking.  QY responds that maybe she really isn’t professional enough, but when Summer hears that he objects as saying she’s not professional is the same thing as saying Dream Journey isn’t professional.  Summer then says that when Luo Tian arrives, he’ll ask him but QY asks him not to.  She knows Summer’s just trying to help her, but points out that if she can’t keep her own place by herself, any help he’d be able to provide would be of no use.  Her response meets with Summer’s approval as he comments that she’s got ambition, which he clearly admires.  Summer then asks her to share how Luo Tian rejected her, and after he hears what she has to say, he points out this may not be a bad thing.  When QY asks why not, Summer explains that his reaction means she has already successfully attracted his attention and that he thinks she has the ability to make something of herself, which is why he’s being especially strict with her.  When QY asks Summer if that’s really true, he asks her to trust him.  QY says if that’s the case, she’ll work even harder and Summer tells her to “jia you.”  After Summer gets up to leave, he turns back around quickly with an additional thought that just occurs to him and tells QY that if there’s anything she doesn’t understand, she should make sure to seize the opportunity and ask PX, and promises that PX will enthusiastically explain everything to her.  After he leaves for reals this time, QY is left wondering, “PX?  Why?”

Shen Yue tries to call down Qi Yue and tells him that XK is just trying to use the fact that he has Shu Wen’s support to give them a lesson.  Qi Yue’s not ready to let it go though and suggests that neither of them attend the meeting this morning.  He says he’d like to see what XK will do.  Shen Yue points, out however, that if they cause trouble at a time like this, they’ll just be behaving as XK expects and turn into his pawn.  Qi Yue doesn’t understand what his friend’s trying to say though [because he’s an idiot] and says that XK is obviously trying to make targets out of them.  Shen Yue [because he’s the smarter of the two, although not smart enough to cut the cord] asks if Qi Yue can’t tell how XK’s trying to isolate them from the others.  He points out how upon arrival, XK sought to share a room with Lu Sheng and today, he spoke up on Tong Wu’s behalf.  He ask Qi Yue what this means and then answers the question himself by saying it means he’s trying to break them up one-by-one.  He then adds that if this continues, Qi Yue may not have a foothold in VNG anymore.  Qi Yue says that’s fine and if XK wants to play, they’ll play with him.  Shen Yue agrees, but says that if they’re going to do that, then they should act as if they’re going along with him, particularly when they’re in front of Shu Wen.  He then points out that it’s almost time for the meeting and drags Qi Yue along.

Everyone is already in the conference room when Shen Yue walks in apologizing for being late and motioning for Qi Yue to enter with him.  Once everyone is present, Shu Wen starts the meeting by stating the purpose of their meeting which is to prepare for their upcoming competitive season.  She turns it over to XK who says he’s looked over everyone’s data/information from the prior season and tried to understand everyone’s characteristic feature in order to come up with a training plan.  He tells Shen Yue that his position isn’t changing and that he’s still the support, and then tells Tong Wu that he’ll playing the same position as him, the jungler [I think, I’m making an educated guess based on the Chinese translation of the term used].  He then turns to Qi Yue and says he previously let PX handle the finances [I think he’s referencing the earning of the gold in the game] but was still able to achieve excellent results.  He points out Qi Yue wouldn’t have been able to do that unless he had perfect mastery of his skills and predicts that if he plays well, he can become one of the top three players, which is why his position isn’t changing either.  [Ah, this was the butter up intro in order to deliver the news Qi Yue wasn’t expecting to hear.]  Qi Yue asks if his position isn’t changing who else there is to play the mid-solo position [that PX had previously played for the team].  That’s when XK turns to Lu Sheng and tells him to play the mid-solo position.  Lu Sheng is equally surprised by this announcement as he asks, “Me?”  XK then starts to explain the reasoning behind his decision and without having to look up every word to understand the precise meaning, which I still wouldn’t fully understand anyway since so many gaming terms are used, the general gist of his explanation is that: Lu Sheng had previously played the top solo position and was able to achieve results that weren’t easily achieved.  It’s therefore his opinion that with PX gone, they can use Lu Sheng to fill that spot and add in the extra skills that Lu Sheng is capable of carrying out.  Shu Wen looks like she’s paying careful attention to every word XK is saying and is nodding her head in a way to suggest that she also thinks this is not a bad idea, when Qi Yue cuts in to remark that XK should ask Lu Sheng’s opinion to see how he feels about this idea.  After all, he points, not everyone can play the mid-solo position as it’s a position that everyone watches carefully.  Qi Yue then asks Lu Sheng if he can handle that sort of pressure.  Lu Sheng answers that he doesn’t want to play the mid-solo position and when XK asks him why not, he says he can’t do it.  XK asks if he lacks that much confidence in himself, but Lu Sheng [clearly looking to not rock the boat] answers instead that he should just let Qi Yue play that position.  He points out that after PX left, Qi Yue had been playing the mid-solo position and they were all used to practicing that way.  He adds that there’s no need to change and that he knows he’s just a lump of material [to be molded and used as others would like, I suppose, is the meaning behind that expression].  Li Gan then speaks up and says while he understands XK’s desire to join VNG and change things up, the new season is just around the corner and this sort of a change comes with big risks.  He points out Lu Sheng’s never even played that position before.  XK views things differently and points out that even if the top mid-solo player, PX, were still with them, that still wouldn’t guarantee them a win in every game, which is why he thinks it’s more important that their game strategy be stronger and more meaningful than their individual strengths.  He then says that if everyone feels what he wants to do is risky, he suggests they try the new method for one month and after that month, decide who plays the mid-solo position.  To Li Gan and Qi Yue’s immediate alarm, Shu Wen unhesitatingly agrees to this suggestion.  XK then tells Lu Sheng that in addition to their usual practice time, starting from tomorrow, he’s to spend an hour each day playing basketball with him.  Qi Yue scoffs at this idea and asks what playing basketball has to do with anything.  He asks XK why he doesn’t ask them all to go dancing with him, but Lu Sheng responds to XK, “You’re the team leader.  What you say goes.  I’ll see you tomorrow.” 

Over at The King, Sun Ge is trying to fix a computer when XK calls to check in and see how YX’s doing.  Sun Ge says he’s already sent him back to the team and made him apologize.  He then tells XK how YX had made comments about staying with the substitute players for two years, and observes how XK’s departure has had a big effect on YX.  XK says he’s always been like that with that personality of his, but Sun Ge’s concerned because he knows full well how short a professional player’s lifespan is in this industry and he doesn’t want YX to ruin things for himself (“and walk his (Sun Ge’s) old road”).  XK hears his Sun Ge loud and clear and promises take care of YX’s business for him. 

As YX enters YY’s important, she tells him to hurry up and enter, that there’s no need for him to change his shoes, and that she has to go out in a little bit so he should hurry up and get to it.  YX’s confused though and asks her why she called him over in such a hurry.  YY, in turn, asks him why he’s just standing there and asks him if he isn’t going to hurry up.  She only points in a direction without fully explaining herself so it’s no surprise when their thoughts start going down different paths.  [And in fairness to YX, she is wearing pajamas – even if they are fully covering her.]  YX starts stuttering out of surprise and asks if things are moving too quickly between them.  He says he hasn’t readied himself and this is his first time too.  When YY hears this, she asks, “Your first time?  Didn’t you tell me you’re a computer expert and that you can uncover any computer hacker?”  Poor YX, as he struggles to catch up to YY and do a total brain shift, she reminds him of how they’d previously agreed to work together to investigate Zhao Yang.  When she asks him what else he might have thought she was doing, she realizes the answer to her own question and turns around to ask, “LYX, what were you thinking?!”  He swears he wasn’t thinking anything, but too late.  She’s already beating him up again.  [We could probably do a count of all the times YY beats up YX too, haha.] 

XK arrives at Dream Journey and when PX sees him, he tells XK that QY’s not there.  But XK’s not here to see QY, he’s there to see PX.  As they sit down to talk, PX puts a cup down in front of him and says it’s a new product, and invites XK to try it.  XK asks, “Free again?” and PX makes a noise of assent, and then adds, “Isn’t your annual salary at VNG one dollar?  This cup is my treat.”  XK protests though and says that even if is annual salary is one dollar, he can still afford a cup of coffee.  After he takes a sip of the coffee (while PX watches expectantly) and says it’s not bad, he says he’ll get straight to the point.  He’s come to find PX because of YX’s business.  PX says that because YX hit someone, there’s nothing he can do.  When XK points out he’s the Legends team leader, PX asks, “So what?” and adds that if YX’s not going to listen to his advice, there’s nothing he can do.  XK tells him, however, that a team member’s business, no matter how big or small, affects the whole of the team.  That’s why, as a team leader, of course it has something to do with him.  PX observes, however, that given Legends’s current strength, even if YX left, they’d be able to find someone quickly to fill his spot without any problems.  XK says that’s not the same thing though and after expounding on just how good of a support YX is, he asks if PX really be able to find a better replacement if allowed him to stay with the substitutes.  PX responds, “Even if he is as good as you say, if a support’s not going to listen, maybe we’d be better off with a substitute.”  XK answers by admitting the failings of his friend’s brash personality, but points out he’s not a bad person either.  With everything that’s been going on, YX just needs a little bit of time to adjust.  PX asks randomly if XK also loathes him like YX does, and XK says that loathe is perhaps too strong of a word but he’s willing to treat him as respected opponent in the competitive field.  PX accepts this answer and asks if XK really thinks Legends needs YX.  XK answers that he’s the team leader, so whatever he wants to do is his own business, but he’s just telling him (PX) the reality – which is that if he wants to win, then they can’t be without YX.  PX asks if XK isn’t afraid that if he brings YX back, in the upcoming competitive season, he’ll lose to him.  But of course XK’s not afraid.  On the contrary, he answers that the stronger their opponent is that makes the win something they can be even prouder of.  XK then asks how come it’s turned into PX asking him questions, and asks if he has any more questions to ask.  PX then says he has one last question: how do you view me?  XK answers, “When you’re in a team, it will be invincible.  But only for the first six minutes.”  PX asks, “The first six minutes?”  And XK tsks, saying he’s not done talking.  “After the first six minutes, it depends on what kind of an opponent you run into.  If you’re unlucky and runs into me, then you’ll fall in the 7th minute.”  PX scoffs and calls him arrogant, and tells XK that he’ll prove to him that in this world, the only person who can defeat him is himself.  [XK’s reaction is hilarious as he’s got this expression on his face that’s basically, “Oh, okay, you believe that if it brings you comfort.”]

YY plunks down a cup of water and tells him to drink while he works on a computer.  She asks him how it’s going and he says he’s almost done.  YY tells him that if they’re going to investigate Zhao Yang, they should start with that video.  She tells him that this is QY’s laptop and she wants him to find the person who framed QY by uploading the video, as she thinks they can get to Zhao Yang by figuring out who that person is first.  There’s only one problem with this plan though, as YX tells him QY’s laptop has never been hacked.  YY asks how that’s possible when the video was clearly uploaded from this laptop, but the uploader wasn’t QY.  She asks if it wasn’t a hacker who else it could be.  YX tells her that in a situation like this, there’s usually only one possibility.  She asks him what that is, and he tells her, it had to have been an acquaintance who did it; for example, QY’s closest friend, like her (YY).  YY asks him what he’s talking about and he rushes to defend himself (lest he get beat up again) by pointing out he was just saying, “for example” and wasn’t saying it had to be her.  As YX turns back to the laptop, YY tells him to hold up for a second.  She then stands up and says, “I think I know who did it.”  He asks her who, and then his phone rings.  It’s his coach who tells him to come back and get to practicing.  He warns that if YX causes more trouble, he’ll also punish him by sending him to be a substitute.  YX asks if this means he can compete again and his coach tells him to stop talking useless talk and hurry back.  YX then starts to say he doesn’t want [something], but his coach has already hung up.  YY asks him what’s going on and he tells her he has to head back first. 

After YX leaves, YY sits back down and thinks about what YX had said about an acquaintance doing it.  She says, “It couldn’t be,” and that’s when the episode ends.

End

Head Pat Count (episode): 0

Head Pat Count (total): 2

Fist Bump Count (episode): 1

Fist Bump Count (total): 3

I have been ignoring this drama for weeks as the title was just huh?:blink: to me but I popped into the thread as I noticed it was moving recently and thanks to @themarchioness enthusiasm and recaps I decided to give this try and I love it so far.  I wouldn't be able to enjoy it without the wonderfully detailed recaps  from @themarchioness so thank you so much  :heart:

On 7/3/2019 at 4:21 AM, lynne22 said:

Here's a link for the playlist I've made as a companion piece for Themarchione's recap.. 

Thank you for posting!  That is so helpful!:grin:

Looking forward to the full English subtitles to enjoy the full drama even more :)

2 hours ago, raziela said:

I have been ignoring this drama for weeks as the title was just huh?:blink: to me but I popped into the thread as I noticed it was moving recently and thanks to @themarchioness enthusiasm and recaps I decided to give this try and I love it so far.  I wouldn't be able to enjoy it without the wonderfully detailed recaps  from @themarchioness so thank you so much  :heart:

Mwahahahaha and yaaaaay!  My not so secret attempt at getting others to watch by sharing recaps has worked!  Hahaha.  I'm so glad you decided to give it a try @raziela, and even gladder that you've joined us in this thread.  Is it not a wonderful drama?  

As for the title, the term "gank" caught me off guard at first as well and then I realized it must be a gaming term (which was then confirmed by a gaming friend).  Gank means to use underhanded means to defeat or kill (a less experienced opponent), example: "that troll just ganked me."  In the context of the title, I interpret it to mean the OTP snuck in there to steal each other's hearts. ;)  It's actually a really cute/sweet title once you understand its full meaning!  

A gamer here so I could further up the etymology of the word 'gank'.

Basically the term was used in early MMO's when referring to killing a single player/character by ganging him up.

gang kill >  gank.

Later the term 'gank' evolve to mean  "ganging up a single person in a secretive manner".

It was borrowed from a slang used by hip-hop/gangs in the late 80's which means 'to rob'. Hence the usage of the term in the title of this drama.

@themarchioness @raziela @nasaan ka Alex?LOLS... the title was strange when I first read about it too hahahhahaa... for me, I interpret it as "sneakily ambushing' my heart :P even more so for Ji Xiang Kong.

Qiu Ying's crush is fairly obvious and then deepens the more she knows him, but I think for Xiang Kong.. its a gradual process... there's a line from him in future episodes where he says he doesn't know where it [his feeling] began... 

Realistically speaking in a process of getting know someone.. there are millions path where it can end.. we can be friends, we can be enemies, stranger, or even lovers.. Maybe for Xiang Kong, the more he knows Qiu Ying, without even realizing it he has started to put her in the front of his mind... little by little...step by step...his action began to speaks louder than he's willing to admit to himself....  and this guy keep saying the word bro >.< <_< 

I mean.... as themarchiones has dubbed :the tickle fest <_<

giphy.gif

Brushing her hair :phew: :wub:

giphy.gif

Fistbumps :phew: (@themarchiones yayyyy!!!!!!)

giphy.gif

Haiyahhhh these two are so cute.. :heart: I enjoy their ambiguity.. but at the same time.. I want to screammm GET TOGETHER ALREADY!!! HAHAHAHA 

@themarchioness Thank you for the recap! And aaahhh you've started the fistbump count :wub:

Yiyi and Yu Xuan, are one of the best supporting character in this drama lols.... They always make me smile hahaha... YX are so whipped.. :D

YX narating how he met XK and joins Legend has me laughing! But at the same time, I can see why he's loyal to XK, like GF to XK, XK is the one that gave him an opportunity to be someone. I guess overtime, it became a dream for him to always play with his Kong Ge. 

I'm not sure why, but I keep laughing at the moment when they're drunk and YY goes searching her phone and YX took it from her hoodie :joy: its weird I know haha.....

I can understand why YY had her walls up against XK tho, she just doesn't want QY to get hurt... lols but do you have to call YX all the time to scold him whenever there's something with QY and XK? :P It makes you wonder how often they communicate right? 

And the scene where YX went to YY's place HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA YX is really asking for a beating!

giphy.gif

One of the things I really like in this story is that the plot is tight, it never stop moving.. Yi xuan with Yi yi, and even Pei Xi did their own digging to understand what happen to XK's quitting Legend and QY's video's scandal, while our lead XK and QY are busy with their own issues...  

Back to XK and QY, hehehe.... the part where XK realized QY misunderstood about Shu Wen had me giggling...

:D 

First he scold YX 

giphy.gif

And then he makes an explanation to QY ,,,,, :D 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

STOP SMILING YOU TWO!!!! ...  :tounge_xd: 

lol at Summer... he's one of the most easygoing and fun bro.... and the best part he doesn't pick side.. he's very kind to everyone regardless of any issues and scandal... [I'm looking at you Li Gan]

Pei Xi ahhh... your tsundere is showing again!!!!! lols... 

On the VNG folks, Sigh...... 

Random thinking:

Sometimes I wonder how deep is that INSTANT HOTPOT ppl bowl... I mean it looks huge! :joy: 

4 hours ago, lynne22 said:

Qiu Ying's crush is fairly obvious and then deepens the more she knows him, but I think for Xiang Kong.. its a gradual process... there's a line from him in future episodes where he says he doesn't know where it [his feeling] began... 

Realistically speaking in a process of getting know someone.. there are millions path where it can end.. we can be friends, we can be enemies, stranger, or even lovers.. Maybe for Xiang Kong, the more he knows Qiu Ying, without even realizing it he has started to put her in the front of his mind... little by little...step by step...his action began to speaks louder than he's willing to admit to himself....  and this guy keep saying the word bro >.< <_< 

Haha, I find QY's crush on XK in the beginning to be absolutely adorable and hilarious.  It's as if she can't decide how to feel about this person.  On the one hand he was the jerk who was yanking her around with her mother's necklace, but she couldn't resist his charms either when she walked in on him exercising.  Similarly, he was the hated person who left her hanging during the computer game and also made her drop on purpose during the reality show, but then she couldn't help but be impressed with his game plays during the second half of the reality show.  It was only after said all those means things to her that she snapped out of it again and returned to her "I don't like you" stance.  After they cleared up their misunderstandings and became friends, though, she definitely continued to be more obvious in her admiration of XK.  It's to the point where you wonder if he's really not seeing it.  I mean, she only sits there staring at him sometimes.  LOL.  

As for XK, I agree that he was already head over heels in love by the time he realized it, and I especially like what you wrote in the part I highlighted above.  That's one of the things I really love about this drama - the "process" of the OTP's love story.  It wasn't just any one moment for them, but rather, a collection of moments.  Theirs is a relationship that's built on a solid foundation of friendship, respect, and mutual admiration.  It's nice to see how they really get to know each other first and know that it's because of what they learn about the other (and their true selves) that has them falling in love.  

As we've noted, QY's transition from viewing XK as a friend to an object of interest is easier to follow, but XK's is practically impossible to pinpoint because it just happened over time.  Therefore, rather than asking 'When did he fall in love," I like to ask instead, "What prompted him to want to change the nature of their relationship?"  Because, for so long, he kept maintaining the party line of friendship and brotherhood.  And yet, at a certain point, it was he who started to take the initiative to ask her out.  What was the catalyst for that change, if any?  Was it a single moment or was it (like how he falls in love) the result of many ?  The two moments that currently stand out in my mind are:

Spoiler

- When she invites him to the amusement park and he realizes that in addition to wanting to treat him to day of fun/relaxation so he can better deal with the stresses going on in his life at that moment, she's also going along with him and riding rides she wouldn't ordinarily go on when she's scared of them.  Who wouldn't be touched by such display of self-sacrifice?

- When she narrates VNG's game against the Legends for her final round of the "Tomorrow's Star" competition.  Not only is she able to describe exactly what's going on in the computer screen, she's also able to interpret and share XK's intentions behind each play that he commands.  When I watch XK's reaction to her commentary, it seems to me that he's thinking, "She gets me."  And when I see QY standing on stage and listen to her talk about XK's sincere efforts to transform VNG, I always think how much her speech sounds like a love letter to him.  (Even Miya acknowledges later that when she listened to QY's game narration, she realized, QY understood XK in ways that she could not.)

- I'd like to think that Miya's return had nothing to do with the progression of XK and QY's relationship, but I can't discount the possibility either.  After all, seeing MIya again might have helped XK to be aware of what (and who) it was that he really wanted in a relationship.

8 hours ago, lynne22 said:

One of the things I really like in this story is that the plot is tight, it never stop moving.. 

Random thinking:

Sometimes I wonder how deep is that INSTANT HOTPOT ppl bowl... I mean it looks huge! :joy: 

I agree with you about the tight writing/plot in this drama.  I like how they effectively use flashbacks in this drama not to show earlier moments over and over again (like some other dramas do,) but to share background on the characters (like how XK and YX each came to be a member of the Legends team).  I'm also continuously impressed at how they make sure to loop back to earlier plot lines to close them out and how things that seemed like throw away lines at the time, actually become relevant later on when you learn something else.  (Although that might also have to do with Mandarin not being my native language, so I readily admit that on my first pass through, I'd hear things and go, "okay," and it's only now that I'm doing a deeper rewatch in order to recap that I'll pick up connecting moments.  :P)

As for the instant hot pots, LOL.  Since hot pot is supposed to be a communal dish to begin with, I'm guessing the instant version - especially when considering its size - is also intended to be shared, but in the drama they make it seem like a single serving size -- even though they could fit their heads into those buckets!  

@themarchioness We could also add the fact that between the two, QY and XK, we can hear/know QY's inner monologue on what she thinks about XK.

Skimming the episodes(I don't understand Mandarin), I haven't seen any scene about what he(XK) thinks on QY as a prospective partner. That is why we can only see it on QY's perspective.

And btw, subs are out for Episode 1, brought to you by UNIQSubs.

Even though the subs for the first episode have been released, I've decided to keep marching forward with my recaps for now.  I've gotten used to it being part of my daily schedule these past few weeks and I've already reached halfway point.  Might as well keep going until I tire of it or the subs catch up! 

Even though there are no head pats or fist bumps in the episode (at least not the kind that we're keeping track of), I still like this episode quite a bit.  It's satisfying watching bad people get taken down and the final scene of this episode is one that grabs my heart every time; it's no wonder XK is a natural born leader!  Enjoy.  :) 

Episode 18

Spoiler

Episode 18

YX returns to the Legends training room and ignores Li Nan’s welcome (“Xuan Ge, you’re back!”).  He walks directly up to PX and asks why he had him transferred back.  Instead of answering, PX says that since everybody’s present they can start practicing.  Huo Yao advises YX, “If PX hadn’t gone to CEO Jin and vouched for you, do you think Zhao Yang would’ve let you off the hook?  Since you’ve already been transferred back, let go of your temper and stop asking for trouble.”  YX points at PX and tells him that he better not think that he’ll be grateful just because of this, as he doesn’t care.  The coach walks in then and tells YX to get back to practicing.  Lu Feng entreats him to do the same and so YX goes back to his usual station.  As YX slumps down in his seat, Lu Feng leans over (with his stuffed dog in hand???) to tell him that their practice match is going to be with the Newlands team, so they should treat it like it’s the real thing.  YX reaches for his headset and says, “Four protect one.  Real or not, it’s all the same.”  His coach tells him to stop with the useless talk and hurry up. 

At the Hellolala Pink Café, XK walks over and drops a cup of strawberry milk tea on the table next to QY.  She looks up from her laptop and asks in surprise what he’s doing there.  He tells her she’s been working too hard as he was walking back and forth for half a day already and she didn’t even notice a handsome person like him.  She closes her laptop and asks who allowed her to be so stupid such that once she sticks her head into a sea of exam questions, she can’t climb her way back out.  She then asks him how he knew she was there.  He tells her that she wasn’t at Dream Journey, so he guessed she must be here and then she really was.  [I love that he was looking for her!]  She sighs and he tells her that her eyebrows are about to become knotted; he asks if she’s run into trouble again.  QY tells him that she tried to ask Luo Tian to be her master, but she was refused.  XK coughs on his drink when he hears her explanation and is like, “Wait, you went and asked him directly?”  QY nods and he says she’s too awesome, obviously impressed by her action.  He tells her to ask Summer whether, in all these years, Luo Tian has ever accepted any disciples.  QY says she knows, but Summer told her that since Luo Tian was willing to scold her, that must mean he thinks she has the ability to make something of herself, which is why he’s being strict with her.  XK asks if she believes Summer’s words and when she observes that Summer and Luo Tian are friends of many years, and asks if his words can be fake, XK just answers her by looking at her and then looking down as he coughs.  QY’s like, “What?  Was he just trying to comfort me then?” and when XK still doesn’t say anything she sits back and says it looks like she must really be a hopeless case then.  She then grouses to XK that she shouldn’t have listened to him back then and elected to become a professional commentator.  XK merely asks if she can achieve her goal without hard work and also asks whether she’s not going to work hard just because Luo Tian doesn’t accept her as his disciple.  He reminds her that her dream is to become a commentator, and not somebody’s disciple, and also tells her that if she’s able to distinguish herself through the “Tomorrow’s Star” competition, then she’ll be able to enter the field of her chosen profession without any problems.  QY says she knows he’s right, but she really feels like her brain is a little stupid because she’s practiced all the questions that are available for her to practice, and she feels like still all she can do is just answer the question and can’t grasp the feeling of being an actual commentator.  XK asks QY if she remembers when he taught her how to climb the ladder [in the computer game] and reminds her that the fastest way to improve one’s self is to actually go through the motions.  He points out that it was the same for Luo Tian, who at first was a professional player but then became the top sports commentator.  In order to do that, XK notes that he practiced nonstop which is more helpful than trying to learn by mechanically memorizing.  When XK gets up to grab packets of sugar, QY follows and asks if the point he’s trying to make is that she should go directly to the game replay event and ask someone to give her pointers.  XK corrects her and tells her the point he’s trying to make is that she should make a video of herself reviewing a game and then go directly to find Luo Tian, as the worst thing that could happen is she gets rejected, but on the other hand, there’s also the possibility that he might be willing to give her pointers.  QY claps her hands when she realizes what a great idea this is and grabs at him, while jumping up and down, to tell him that he’s too cool.  With so many people around them, however, XK quickly reminds her to watch her behavior lest they become fodder for more online rumors.  As they take their seats again, QY tells him she was just too excited.  She thanks him and he asks what there is to be grateful for and as friends needn’t be so polite with each other.  He then tells her that after he finishes his milk tea, he should head back.

The Legends team is still training.  When Huo Yao asks YX why he did something, YX says he was doing it on purpose.  Lu Feng also complaints about YX’s actions, though, so YX says fine, he gets it, and stops.  But when someone else asks him to do something, he tells them he doesn’t have the money for it and tells them to do it themselves.  His heart is obviously not in the game this evening.  When the game finishes, YX gets up to leave first but PX stops him and asks if this is the best he can do.  YX says it is and if he doesn’t like it, he can send him to the substitute team.  PX then responds, “So this is the top ranking support that JXK was telling me about.  You’re no better than a new person.”  YX asks what he means and whether XK went to find him.  PX doesn’t answer though and just walks off.  YX then turns to his other friends and ask whether XK went to find PX, but none of them have the answer. 

The next morning, XK is already on the basketball court when Lu Sheng arrives.  XK asks what he’s doing standing there and tells him they’re starting.  Lu Sheng responds, however, that he really doesn’t understand what XK is trying to do.  XK pretends he has no purpose other than wanting to play basketball and asks if Lu Sheng doesn’t know how.  Then he says that shouldn’t be the case, as Lu Sheng’s data/information mentions that he’s a really good basketball player.  Lu Sheng says that was in the past, and XK just passes him the ball and says, “Three years earlier, Newlands’ mid-solo, your results were pretty good.”  Lu Sheng asks him what his point is and XK tells him that he doesn’t believe Lu Sheng doesn’t want to go back.  Lu Sheng says he doesn’t, and XK steals the ball from him.  After he makes another basket, XK asks if he’s willing to keep on losing.  XK then tells Lu Sheng that he’s watched his previous games before and he remembers when Lu Sheng had made a certain play, his coach had commented that he was a scary player, but now, his current condition can only make him (XK) think of four words: “Wu Yu Wu Qiu” (without desire and without drive).  Lu Sheng gets up from where he’d been knocked down.

Inside the VNG building, Shu Wen and Li Gan are watching the basketball game from above.  Li Gan says he doesn’t understand what XK’s trying to do [which is problem #1 for you, right there, Li Gan].  While he acknowledges that it’s good to have ideas, he doesn’t see what basketball and computer games have to do with each other and asks angrily whether this is proper behavior for XK to be using training time to play basketball instead.  Shu Wen says that before, she just thought of Lu Sheng as the steady type.  If it hadn’t been for the recent incident where he rejected the mid-solo position, she wouldn’t have been aware that Lu Sheng had already turned into someone who doesn’t aim to achieve the best possible result because he’s trying to avoid making any mistakes, and someone who’s nearly lost all of his competitive spirit.  Li Gan responds that Lu Sheng’s stats are balanced and his plays are stable, so he doesn’t think there’s a problem.  [Which is problem #2 for you, Li Gan, as you’re willing to settle for the status quo rather than reach for improvement!]  Shu Wen shakes her head in disagreement and asks if he doesn’t think Lu Sheng’s too stable.  She points out that all Lu Sheng ever does is act defensively and never takes the initiative to attack; he even rejects things he perceives to be risky.  As Shu Wen watches XK and Lu Sheng continue playing, she smiles and says that maybe XK is using his own method to rouse Lu Sheng’s competitive spirit.  Li Gan says even if that is the case, this isn’t a matter that can be resolved through a few basketball games and then asks if she and XK haven’t given up on the idea of Lu Sheng playing the mid-solo position.  Shu Wen [because she’s awesome] asks, “Should I give up?”

YX is waiting for XK outside of VNG.  When XK arrives, he asks why YX is looking for him instead of practicing and then asks why YX looks so sullen.  YX asks if it was he who asked PX to transfer him back to the team.  XK answers that if he’s been transferred back, then he should just focus on his training and instead of asking questions.  The evasive response is all YX needs to have his answer though, and he asks why on earth XK would go to PX to beg.  He reminds XK that it PX who squeezed him out of the team leader position, and that XK knows he and PX don’t get along.  He again asks why XK went to beg PX and says he’s not going back and he refuses to be grateful towards PX.  XK asks why he’s still behaving like this and asks where he’s going to go if he doesn’t go back.  He asks YX to tell him, of all the teams out there, which one is going to want a player like him who’s so lacking in team spirit.  YX says he can go anywhere; he’s even willing to go to Sun Ge’s to be an Internet café manager or a training partner, both of which he asserts would be better than staying where he’s currently at.  XK asks if he’s positive about that and when YX says he is, XK asks if he doesn’t want his other brothers anymore.  That gives YX some pause, but he remains firm and says he doesn’t want them anymore.  That’s when XK calls his bluff by grabbing him by the arm and telling him to go with him.  YX asks where they’re going and XK says they’re going to break his contract.  YX asks why XK’s in such a hurry, and XK reminds him it was he who said it himself.  He then tells YX that he’s impressed at the way he’s not even batting an eye at how much money he’ll have to pay in compensation to break the contract and that from now on, he can be his Xuan Ge.  When YX says he doesn’t have money, pointing out that if he did he would’ve left sooner, XK says he does – he points to his motorcycle and says they can sell it.  As XK starts dragging him again, YX finally admits that he was wrong, but he insists on being clear: he refuses to be grateful towards PX and will only be grateful to XK.  XK says that’s fine then and tells him to go back.  YX looks at his watch and says it’s still early; he asks if they can’t talk for a little big longer.  XK says, “If you’re not going back, then treat me to a meal.”  YX immediately bows and says, “Kong Ge, good-bye.”  

YY walks down the stairs of her apartment just as QY is finishing a video recording.  YY comments that QY’s been working on her video since early that morning and asks how this one finally went after making mistake after mistake in all the earlier ones.  QY says that so far, this one is her best video, but it’s still a mess and she’s too embarrassed to give it to Luo Tian to look at.  YY tries to encourage her and tells her to just give him this one, that way she’ll finally see some improvement.  QY agrees YY has a point and settles on this one.  As she gets to work transferring the video to a flash drive, YY asks her how long it’s been since she last contacted Yan Yan.  QY says it’s been several months at least.  She says there was one time, Yan Yan came to find her saying she got in a fight with her boyfriend.  She spent the night at her place, but after that, every time she tried to reach out, Yan Yan would say she was busy.  QY asks why YY’s suddenly asking about her and YY tells her it’s nothing, she was just randomly asking.  When the video finishes transferring to the flash drive, QY tells YY that she’s going to hurry up and deliver it to Luo Tian.  YY wonders if she needs to be in such a hurry, an QY tells her that she has to strike while the iron is hot.  As QY runs out of the room, YY calls after her telling her that it’s dark out and she should take an umbrella. 

QY takes the umbrella with her but it doesn’t change the fact that it’s raining pretty hard and she’s been standing outside for a long time now and is thus completely soaked.  She sneezes as she continues to wait for Luo Tian.  In her hand, she holds the flash drive and when she sees his car driving around the corner, she gathers up her courage and runs out.  He honks and she freaks, and both umbrella and flash drive go flying out of her hand.  She picks up the flash drive and wipes it off with her shirt while Luo Tian rolls down the window and asks what she’s doing there.  She hands over her flash drive and explains it’s her commentary on a game replay.  She asks him give her some advice and comments.  Luo Tian takes it from her and tells her to pick up her umbrella and hurry home.  QY thanks him as he tells her to go, and then she runs to fetch her umbrella. 

That night, QY is wrapped in a blanket on the couch with a box of tissues in front of her while YY prepares a warm bowl of soup for her.  YY starts off by scolding QY for not taking care of herself and standing outside in the rain for as long as she did, but QY says she didn’t know it was going to end up raining that hard.  She takes a sip of the soup and asks YY how much ginger she put in there.  YY tells her she had to put that much ginger in the soup in order for her to not get sick and tells her to bed as soon as she’s done, but QY says she can’t sleep at a time like this.  Luo Tian must be getting off work around this time, which means he might watch her video.  She confesses she’s nervous while YY asks what she has to be nervous about.  She suggests that QY give him a call, but QY firmly rejects that idea saying she doesn’t dare.  YY picks up her phone while asking what there is to be afraid of and in doing so, accidentally dials Luo Tian’s number.  Since he’s answered the phone, QY has no choice but to talk to him.  She asks if he’s had a chance to watch her video yet and he tells her he couldn’t open the flash drive.  She reacts in shock and then realizes it must’ve been the rain.  She apologizes and offers to make another one to send over immediately, but he tells her that opportunities only come once and hangs up.  As QY falls back onto the couch, YY asks how she could have ruined the flash drive.  QY tells her it was because of the rain and when she dropped it in a puddle.  YY can’t believe she dropped it, but when QY says she must be an idiot, she tells her not to be too sad.  She then comments on Luo Tian and says he’s too unkind.  She points out it’s not as QY messed up on purpose and says she doesn’t believe that if the earth was devoid of him, that it wouldn’t still turn.  She then tries to reassure QY by saying she firmly believes QY will one day have an opportunity to stand on stage and show him just how great she is, causing him to feel regret.  YY’s comment, “let him see,” gives QY an idea as she asks YY to hurry up and give her her flash drive.  YY asks what she wants to do and QY explains that Luo Tian will be doing his game replay thing tomorrow.  She says she doesn’t care whether he’ll give her a chance or not, she’s determined to make him watch.  Although YY rolls her eyes, QY doesn’t give her a choice but to assist her in her plans. 

The next morning at breakfast, Shu Wen walks into the cafeteria and asks why Shen Yue and Qi Yue are having a simple breakfast today.  Shen Yue plays it off like they’re okay with eating whatever and Shu Wen just smiles and looks to her right, where she notices the bruise on Lu Sheng’s elbow.  She asks how he injured himself and Qi Yue answers for him that he injured it while falling when he was playing basketball.  He then observes how important the hand is for professional players such as themselves and Shen Yue tries to add to the fire by asking Lu Sheng if his injury hurts.  Lu Sheng tells Shu Wen that it’s not any big thing, just as superficial sound, and she says so long as it’s okay that’s fine.  She then tells XK to be careful when they’re playing basketball.  After she leaves, Qi Yue asks Shen Yue if he knows what a hand klutz playing basketball will turn into.  When Shen Yue asks what he’ll turn into, Qi Yue answers, “He’s still a hand klutz.”  [Hardy har har.  Worst joke ever!]  The two laugh at XK’s expense and he just looks at them before standing up with his tray.  As he starts to walk off, Lu Sheng says, “I’ll see you in a bit.”  After XK’s gone, Shen Yue walks over to Lu Sheng and points out they were trying to help him just now and asks how he could say his arm was fine.  Lu Sheng responds, “Because it was fine.” 

QY is waiting outside of Dream Journey for Luo Tian.  When he finally shows up, she tries to give him the replacement flash drive but he reminds her of what he’d said already, which is that opportunities only come once.  When she explains that it was because of the rain the other day, he unsympathetically asks whether during the real deal, they can stop broadcasting for any reason.  He tells her not to find excuses and walks inside.  Qiao Xin walks up at that moment, reveling in QY’s misery.   But QY, to my pride and joy, sticks up for herself by asking Qiao Xin if she isn’t tired from always trying to step on others in order to climb the ladder versus actually putting forth effort to improve her own skills.  She also asks Qiao Xin if she isn’t worried she might one day fall from that ladder.  After QY walks off, Qiao Xin says angrily that QY doesn’t have the right to say those things.

Lu Sheng arrives for another basketball session.  XK thank Lu Sheng for helping him out earlier [in dealing with Shen Yue and Qi Yue] and then asks if he’s ready to finally play a real game, letting loose all of his real abilities, but Lu Sheng replies that this is all the ability he has and XK needn’t keep wasting his energy on him as it’s useless.  XK reminds him that VNG’s goal is the world championship title, and that if he didn’t really have the ability, he wouldn’t put him in the mid-solo position.  But he concedes that if Lu Sheng really thinks he’s incapable, then there’s nothing he can do about that either.  The game begins and when Lu Sheng takes control of the ball, he tells XK that he’s not going to care if XK gets injured.  But XK merely response that he’s waiting to see Lu Sheng make a big move. 

As Lu Sheng scores a goal, Tong Wu is also watching a game being played on his computer.  He’s impressed by the tactics used and comments that XK really is an expert at strategy and tactics.  That’s when Qi Yue and Shen Yue walk in.  Qi Yue asks what’s impressive and starts looking over the notebook where Tong Wu had been taking notes.  When he asks again what’s impressive, Tong Wu answers nothing.  Shen Yue remarks that it’s only been a few days and Tong Wu’s already become XK’s lackey [which is rich coming from him, considering how he’s Qi Yue’s lackey].  Tong Wu stutters that XK asked him to watch this video, and Qi Yue mocks Tong Wu’s stuttering while telling him he should be clear as to who he should be listening to.  Tong Wu says he understands and Qi Yue turns away while saying he’s thirsty; he tells Tong Wu to go buy him something to drink. 

The crowd has gathered for Luo Tian’s weekly game replay event at Dream Journey and QY waits nervously off to the side.  When Summer walks in with Luo Tian, she plugs her flash drive into a laptop and then walks in front of the room to apologize to the audience.  She explains she made a game replay video with her commentary and wants to play it for Luo Tian to see; she then starts the video.  As the video plays, two of the audience members criticize her skills by saying they’d be able to do that much as well.  (I think it’s sweet, though, how Fei Mao shifts his chair farther away from those people.)  When the video finishes, Summer claps but Luo Tian does not.  The nitpicking audience members call it laughable and ask how QY’s explanation could be considered a commentary.  QY apologizes to the room for taking up their time and apologizes directly to Luo Tian as well.  When she would walk away, he tells her to wait a second and approaches with his arms crossed.  He takes the laser pointer from her and goes to stand in front of the stage where he says he’s sure there’s many people in the room who, like QY, want to become an esports commentator, which is why they’re there to watch his game replay.  He then says he’ll use this opportunity to explain the differences between giving commentary during an actual game and a replay event like this one.  He brings up QY’s video and says all she did was describe in specific detail what everybody could already see was happening on the screen, and this is meaningless.  The main purpose of a commentator is, instead, to help the audience better understand what’s happening on the screen and to give them context.  Luo Tian share that in order for a person to be a good commentator they have to be able to achieve four things: form a connecting link between what comes before and what comes after; act as a go between [between the game and the viewing audience]; explain through illustrations; and know how to analyze skills/techniques.  He then adds that there’s an additional point of import that everyone should take notice of, and that is that a commentator should know how to guide the emotions/sentiments of the audience.  Having completed what is really constructive criticism of QY’s video, he starts his game replay event.  As Luo Tian narrates, QY stands off to the side with her ever present notebook and takes notes.  When he finishes, however, he walks over to retrieve QY’s flash drive and holding it up in front of her, says, “Next time, don’t let me see this meaningless type of thing again.” 

After the event is over, Summer meets up with QY where he describes her as “impressive.”  She doesn’t feel the least bit impressive though and says that if there’d been a crack in the earth earlier, she’d have tossed herself in.  Summer laughs and tells her that at least the result of her efforts was a good one.  QY asks how it was good, and Summer asks how was it not good.  He asks her to recall what Luo Tian’s last words were, and when she repeats his words, Summer points out that Luo Tian had said “next time.”  This cheers QY up immensely as she realizes this means there will be a “next time.” 

Qi Yue is playing pool at a bar when Qiao Xin storms in angrily.  He calls her “little star” [pukes] and offers her a bottle of beer.  In response, she snaps at him and calls him crazy for suggesting a drink in the middle of the day.  Qi Yue asks her why she’s so angry, and Qiao Xin tells him that it was QY who put her in a bad mood.  When he hears the name, Qi Yue asks if she hasn’t already left Planet Video and says she shouldn’t be a threat to Qiao Xin anymore since his “little star” is the best.  Qiao Xin is not in the mood to be placated though.  She snatches her hand out from his and tells him to stop trying to flatter her.  She then tells Qi Yue that Luo Tian was at Dream Journey and he has no idea how QY was pestering Luo Tian.  She announces in frustrated annoyance that she doesn’t care anymore and that she has to win the “Tomorrow’s Star” competition because, if she doesn’t, even if she does enter GDV she won’t be able to stand next to Luo Tian and become the top female commentator.  Qi Yue says that if she’s worried about Luo Tian, she can just roll that concern right back up.  Qiao Xin asks if he’s for reals, and Qi Yue asks if he isn’t familiar with Luo Tian.  He explains that what Luo Tian dislikes the most is people who pester, so the more QY pesters him, the more he’ll dislike her.  Unfortunately for Qi Yue, this doesn’t make Qiao Xin any happier to hear.  She rolls her eyes and says she’s considered this point as well.  However, today, Luo Tian personally gave pointers to QY regarding her game replay video.  Qi Yue says that’s impossible, and Qiao Xin asks him how it can be impossible.  She tell him that QY’s also currently working as a server at Dream Journey and that even Summer is giving her guidance and support.  With both of them supporting her, Qiao Xin says it’ll be easy enough for QY to win the competition.  Qi Yue responds by asking what the big deal is if Luo Tian helps QY; after all, he also knows a lot of people at GDV.  He tells her that should she ever need help, she should let him know.  He then praises her for being so dedicated to her work.  [Really?  Seems to me she’s more dedicated to finding the easiest methods to advance her career rather than actually doing the work…]  Qiao Xin tells him that Planet Video has already reached the end of its ability to help her; therefore, she’s determine to win the competition.  Qi Yue tells her he knows, and that’s when she starts to warn him that when it comes time, she may have to do some stuff that she has no choice but to do.  She entreats him to not misunderstand when she’s just doing it for her career, and reminds him that she is really is dedicated to him.  [That’s about the only positive thing I can say about Qiao Xian and Qi Yue; that they do seem to love and be true to each other.]  Qi Yue doesn’t look happy, but he nods and says it’s okay; whatever she does, he’ll support her. 

Summer is in his office watching a video game on his phone when PX walks in and interrupts by shoving a piece of paper in his face.  Summer grabs the piece of paper growing serious instantly and stands up to ask PX what he means by this.  PX nods at the piece of paper in Summer’s hand and asks him to help investigate.  Summer asks him why he wants to investigate this and points out that investigating this is no small matter, but PX just says he knows and if that wasn’t the case, then he wouldn’t have asked Summer to do the investigation.  As Summer asks if PX’s certain he wants to investigate this, the camera pans to the piece of paper and we see it’s Zhao Yang’s IP address information at Legends.  PX nods and says that when he has news, to let him know at any time. 

QY arrives home and is still excited about what happened earlier.  She tells YY about how Luo Tian had told her not to give her more meaningless videos to watch “next time,” and at first she’d been upset until she realized he’d said “next time,” which means that next time, he’ll still give her feedback.  When QY finally calms down enough to notice that YY is just standing in front of her without any sort of reaction, she asks what’s going on.  That’s when YY walks QY over to the living room where she shows her that they have a visitor: Yan Yan.  QY’s surprised to see Yan Yan and greets her with enthusiasm.  As she takes a seat next to Yan Yan, she tells her how just the other day YY was asking after her, but that’s when QY finally notices that Yan Yan is crying.  She asks what’s going on and whether it’s her boyfriend who’s been mistreating her again, but all Yan Yan can do is cry.  YY finally tells her it’s okay, and that she should just say it.  QY whispers to YY to ask what’s going on, but YY just looks away.  When Yan Yan speaks at last, she apologizes to QY.  QY asks what’s going on and Yan Yan tells her that it was she who uploaded the edited video of XK beating up Jeffrey.  QY asks her when she uploaded it and Yan Yan tells her it was that time she spent the night at her place; she used QY’s laptop to upload it.  QY asks her why, and YY answers that Yan Yan was blackmailed.  Yan Yan explains that Qiao Xin had offered to introduce an undergarments advertisement to her; the pay was high, so she agreed to it.  Who knew, however, that after the shoot was done, she’d receive photos and a video of her changing her clothes.  Yan Yan again apologizes and tells QY that she’s since investigated the matter and the person who called her is named, Wang Bin.  YY chimes in to explain that Zhao Yang had wanted to chase XK out of Legends and so conveniently thought to edit that video so it would look like XK was beating someone up, while Qiao Xin wanted to chase her (QY) out of Planet Video and agreed to join in Zhao Yang’s plan since they happened to have common and similar goals.  As a result, Qiao Xin tricked Yan Yan into doing the photo shoot and in doing so, Zhao Yang’s assistant took pictures of her changing into undergarments which they then used to blackmail Yan Yan into using QY’s laptop to upload the video.  Yan Yan cries that it’s all her fault for being stupid and weak, which resulted in QY having to leave Planet Video and sell her house, but after a few minutes, QY tells her to forget about it.  After all, Yan Yan was a victim as well and it’s all in the past anyway.  She tells Yan Yan that she doesn’t blame her.  YY adds her agreement and says they can’t let the people who are really in the wrong to keep on living freely and happily. 

The next morning, QY storms into Planet Video where the receptionist calls after her asking why she’s there and telling her that Director Liu’s not in office today.  QY just keeps walking, though, until she runs into Qiao Xin.  Qiao Xin asks what QY is doing there and says it can’t be that QY is there to beg Director Liu for her job back, and then says, “I know!  You must be here because of the ‘Tomorrow’s Star’ competition.”  She points out that Planet Video is top sponsor for the competition and guesses that QY has come to ask Director Liu to put in a good word for her with the people at GDV.  Rather than rise to Qiao Xin’s provocation, QY says she now has even more admiration for Qiao Xin because after doing such a vile and filthy thing, she can still behave as if nothing’s wrong.  At that, Qiao Xin says she has a show to record and tries to leave but QY grabs onto her arm and asks if she would like her to tell everyone right now how she threatened Yan Yan and forced her into harming QY.  Qiao Xin throws aside QY’s hand and says that everyone in the company knows she and Yan Yan are good friends.  She’s asks if QY really thinks they can turn things around with their “rotten acting” and also asks whether she really thinks Director Liu will, just because of them, let her leave the company after all the contributions she’s made there.  Director Liu arrives at that moment and interrupts from behind to say that, it’s true, they needn’t go as far as that right now.  QY whines to him that QY’s trying to slander her and reminds him of how important the iConquer computer game is to their company and promises to win the “Tomorrow’s Star” competition.  She also says he can’t take QY’s side.  QY steps forwards and tells Qiao Xin that she really is amazing, and comments that nobody can beat her in the skill of eloquent speaking given how she can turn everything that’s black into white.  She then points out how over the years, the company has invested a lot of resources into Qiao Xin in order to help her transform, and turns to Director Liu to ask, “But has Planet Video been successful in transforming?”  She asks Director Liu if he’s ever taken the time to think about why that it is and then turns back to Qiao Xin to say it’s because she’s never spent an ounce of effort on trying to improve her actual skills in order to advance in her career, and instead spends her time trying to figure out how to push aside anyone she views as a threat.  QY observes that if everyone in the company is like her, then she’s grateful she left when she did.  She also tells Qiao Xin that she should take some time to think about what gives her the right to stand on the stage of the “Tomorrow’s Star” competition and compete against her.  QY then turns to leave, but Director Liu calls her back and asks if she’s willing to return.  When QY just looks at him, he adds, “To represent Planet Video and participate in the ‘Tomorrow’s Star’ competition.”  He then tells her if she’s willing to return, the company will do their utmost to develop her.  QY merely says, “Thank you,” before continuing on her way. 

After QY leaves, Qiao Xin asks Director Liu if he would really let her come back.  She complains that he would consider using QY as the company’s trump card when she’s worked so hard on the company’s behalf.  He just holds his hand up to make her stop and tells her that she is someone he personally raised, so he knows very well what she’s done for the company.  He then tells her that when she has the time, he hopes she’ll also think about how much the company has given her.

Back at Legends, the team is practicing when PX gets a call from his cousin.  As PX watches Wang Bin conversing with other employees, he listens to what’s being said on the other side of the line and asks, “Are you sure it’s them?”  The scene then cuts to Summer in his office who says the evidence completely supports what PX had suspected.  PX responds that they should directly report it to the police then. 

Everone (minus) YX is sitting in a conference room and Zhao Yang is yelling at them for what I believe is their refusal to participate in some promo event that he wants them to do.  He complains that each of them have their excuses of not having the time or being too busy practicing, and yet he’s never seen them so hardworking at other times.  Zhao Yang then starts picking on Huo Yao specifically and asks why he’s being so difficult.  He describes Huo Yao’s skills as average and his age as old, and says that even if Huo Yao practiced for a 100 years, he’d be the same as he is right now; therefore, he doesn’t know why Huo Yao’s giving him an excuse.  The coach cuts in in protest and says with the upcoming season right around the corner, it’s only natural for them to add additional training sessions.  He then also addresses Huo Yao specifically and says his performance of late has actually been quite good.  Lu Feng, bless his heart, may be a bit of a crybaby at times but never hesitates to defend his bros and pipes up to say Huo Yao’s always been good.  He adds that when their previous team leaders were present, they all praised Huo Yao for being able to withstand pressure and making few errors.  As a result of speaking up, Lu Feng becomes Zhao Yang’s next target.  He plucks the glasses from Lu Feng’s face and asks whether he needs stronger glasses and, if so, to go and get one made.  He points in PX’s direction and angrily asks how Lu Feng can be always going on and on about the former team leaders when his current one is sitting right there in front of him.  He asks if they’re supposed to keep following the words of people who have already left, and then scoffs, “Withstand pressure?  Make few errors?”  He points out how during the insider’s competition, PX still managed to beat them and asks Huo Yao what was up with his performance that time.  We see how this question does not sit well with Huo Yao, and it shouldn’t considering how Zhao Yang was the person responsible for his performance during that competition.  YX walks in at that moment and when Zhao Yang observes that he’s walking towards him with a single-minded purpose, he starts asking what YX is planning on doing.  The coach stands up to block YX and it takes the additional help of Li Nan and Lu Feng to hold him back.  YX accuses him of framing XK in order to push him out of the team and says he’s there to make him pay.  Lu Feng asks him what he’s talking about and YX tells the room that it was Zhao Yang who made the fake video.  Zhao Yang plays it off like YX is talking crazy and tries to leave, but Huo Yao blocks him and pushes him back.  He tells the room that that’s not all Zhao Yang has done and finally confesses what happened during the insider’s competition.  Now even Lu Feng is calling out insults to Zhao Yang while the coach struggles to keep his players in line.  Zhao Yang asks Huo Yao what he’s doing and Huo Yao finally explodes after having suffered at the hands of his abuse.  He asks him, “Didn’t you say my innate skills were poor?  Didn’t you say I was old?  That’s right.  I did lose the competition, and the reasons for that all reside with me, but it had nothing to do with XK.”  Zhao Yang shakes his finger at everyone in the room and asks if they have any proof for all the things they’re leveling at his head.  He challenges them to bring out their proof and asks how they dare to insult a team manager without any proof.  He then threatens to fire every one of them, but that’s when PX finally stands up after having remained seated this entire time without saying a single word [in the background, Li Nan runs out of the room] and says that he’s the team leader; therefore nobody has the right to skip over him and punish his players.  Zhao Yang tells PX that he’s trying to help him right now, but PX disagrees.  He tells Zhao Yang that even though he says it’s all for him, he gets the feeling that it’s because of himself.  He then asks who it was who’d said his only condition in joining Legends was to be the team leader.  Zhao Yang tries to say it’s not the time to talk about that matter, but PX again disagrees and he insists they talk about it now.  Zhao Yang says that’s fine and tells PX that he should know, if he had the ability to bring him to Legends, then he also has the ability to kick him out.  He warns PX about trying to make an opponent out of him, but that’s when CEO Jin arrives with Lin Nan behind him.  CEO Jin tells Zhao Yang that if there’s anybody who’s going to be doing any firing, it won’t be him and then tells the room that there is, in fact, somebody who will be leaving.  Zhao Yang smirks in satisfaction until CEO Jin calls his name.  When Zhao Yang reacts to his name being called, CEO Jin points his finger at him and says, “You’ve been fired.”  [Which is probably one of the best moments ever so far; it is seriously sooo satisfying to watch!]  Zhao Yang immediately gets to work groveling telling CEO Jin that he must have misunderstood something and offers to explain.  He tells CEO Jin that the kids are just talking crazy and that he shouldn’t listen to them.  He asks how he could’ve done what he’s being accused of and then tries to use his career service as leverage by pointing out all the sponsorship contracts he’s helped sign, which has allowed Legends to grow into its current iteration.  He asks CEO Jin what he’ll do if he leaves and suggests that all the contracts will fall apart without him around.  PX asks what Zhao Yang has to do with any of that since it was because of him (PX) that the sponsors came to Legends.  CEO Jin then tells Zhao Yang that Wang Bin has already been arrested and observes that Zhao Yang may be next.  He asks if Zhao Yang wants to keep denying everything to him, and when Zhao Yang finally has nothing to say, CEO Jin continues by admitting that he does place a lot of importance on the company’s economic growth, but being able to earn endless amounts of money isn’t what he wants either.  What he wants is to be able to build a team that will easily win the world championship title.  He says that earning money isn’t his objective, rather the money is supposed to be used to allow the team to create miracles all over the world while not having to worry about anything else.  He then comments on the fact that Zhao Yang’s been with him for so many years, but is turning more and more careless and confused.  Zhao Yang responds that he understands and thanks CEO Jin for all his years of support and care.  To the rest of the room, he looks at them and finally says, “Legends’ mission will never be abandoned.”  (Or something like that?)  He laughs and exits with a thumbs up, and FINALLY.  We’re done with Zhao Yang!  *cheers*

Huo Yao, Li Nan, YX, and Lu Feng are waiting for XK when he arrives back at VNG that night.  YX calls out to him and they all run over, while XK reacts in surprise to see them.  He asks why they’re not training and have come to see him instead.  YX tells him that everyone now knows what Zhao Yang had been doing in the background this entire time and Huo Yao says again that the loss of the insider’s competition was entirely his fault and had nothing to do with XK, and that CEO Jin now knows the truth.  Huo Yao apologizes once more, but XK reaches out to pat him on the shoulder with a smile.  Li Nan pipes up that if XK’s still not satisfied, they’ll give Huo Yao a lesson on his behalf, but XK tells him that’s enough.  To Huo Yao, he says it’s all in the past and to everyone else, he says they shouldn’t give him any more trouble.  He tells them that he’s doing pretty well at VNG and when YX hears this, he tells XK that what they’re all hoping for is that XK will come back with them to be their team leader.  Lu Feng shares that without XK around, they can’t even raise their spirits to practice and that XK knows what PX is like.  Lu Feng tells him, “We need you.”  XK thanks them but tells them that when he was at his lowest point, it was VNG who accepted him.  When silence follows that comment, YX asks the others to speak up, but there’s nothing anyone can say in response to that, so YX looks around and says he’ll say it [what everyone’s thinking but unwilling to say].  He tells XK that it’s not their intention to make him into a traitor; rather, what they’re hoping is for everything to just return to its original position.  He then tells XK not to forget the promise he’d once made to Gu Fang, that he would lead them to the world championship title.  XK apologizes and says he won’t go back.  He reminds them that Gu Fang had also told them that no matter what team they belonged to, they had to trust and have confidence in their fellow members, and that no matter what opponent they encountered in a competition, they had to put forth their best.  That’s why, XK tells them, when he runs into them in competitions, he will use his best efforts to beat them because that’s the competitive spirit.  He tells them they’re his closest brothers, and in competitions, they’re also his most respected opponents.  He orders them to raise their spirits and puts out his fist while saying, “We’ll see each other at the fall competitive season.”  Huo Yao adds his fist, followed by Lu Feng and Li Nan, and eventually YX gives in and adds his as well. 

End

Fist Bump Count (episode): 0

I'm a little busy right now.. so I'm just going to make a short comment about Zhao Yang!!!!!

Zhao Yang immediately gets to work groveling telling CEO Jin that he must have misunderstood something and offers to explain.  He tells CEO Jin that the kids are just talking crazy and that he shouldn’t listen to them.  He asks how he could’ve done what he’s being accused of and then tries to use his career service as leverage by pointing out all the sponsorship contracts he’s helped sign, which has allowed Legends to grow into its current iteration.  He asks CEO Jin what he’ll do if he leaves and suggests that all the contracts will fall apart without him around.  PX asks what Zhao Yang has to do with any of that since it was because of him (PX) that the sponsors came to Legends.  CEO Jin then tells Zhao Yang that Wang Bin has already been arrested and observes that Zhao Yang may be next.  He asks if Zhao Yang wants to keep denying everything to him, and when Zhao Yang finally has nothing to say, CEO Jin continues by admitting that he does place a lot of importance on the company’s economic growth, but being able to earn endless amounts of money isn’t what he wants either.  What he wants is to be able to build a team that will easily win the world championship title.  He says that earning money isn’t his objective, rather the money is supposed to be used to allow the team to create miracles all over the world while not having to worry about anything else.  He then comments on the fact that Zhao Yang’s been with him for so many years, but is turning more and more careless and confused.

Talk about self entitlement:expressionless:..... I'm rolling my eyes so hard here!!!!!  DUDEEEE YOU GOT PAID FOR YOUR WORK!!!!!! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE???? YOU'RE AN EMPLOYEE FOR GOD SAKES....  UGH!!!!! 

And GOOD RIDDANCE!!!! 

@lynne22 Oh, just wait until the opening scene of the next episode where, after several of the members are taunting and teasing him (tit-for-tat, if you ask me), Zhao Yang dares to ask if they need to be that ruthless. Um, hello?? Pot calling the kettle black?? Who’s been the ruthless one all this time? (Not to mention, the severity of his misdeeds far exceed the bullying being done to him in that moment.)

Ugh. Good riddance, indeed! 

(Thank goodness what follows is a lot of QY/XK time to make up for having to see him on screen again. :P)

He needs to be put on Jail!!!!! What’s he’s doing is borderline criminal :skull:.. ugh!! 

Qiao Xin and her boss in Planet video are also ugh! 

:tears: I really feel for XK and the guys from team Legend.  XK’s decision to stay is very mature and the guys understanding that despite wanting him to return are what defines brotherhood.

They’re bro till the end! Even when they’re not in the same team anymore!! 

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d2c6fdc5137527851

I’m looking forward to ep 19: Disneyland :wub:

@lynne22, borderline?  I don't know.  As we've talked about before, I think his actions are - in fact - criminal.  It's sometimes hard to tell if he's the mastermind or if Wang Bin's the one coming up with the ideas (in reaction to Zhao Yang's temper tantrums), but regardless, he'd be an accessory at the very least.  The only reason I can think why the drama decided to include him in the interview montage towards the end is just to remind us of XK's many hurdles in the past year.  Otherwise, in reality, I think he'd be too busy with legal matters for an interview.  :P 

Your group fist bump gif.... :heart:  The feels....

Still no advancements in the fist bump or head pat count, but to make up for it, we get a whole Disneyland Date.  And yes, it is totally a date.  Even if QY and XK try and tell us otherwise, we should not listen to them as they are obviously in denial and don't know what they're talking about when everyon else around them can see: they are two lovebirds sitting in a tree.  :P 

Episode 19

Spoiler

Episode 19

How the tides have turned.  Instead of Zhao Yang yelling and bullying the team members as is usually the case, it’s YX, Huo Yao, and Lu Feng who are picking on the guy by asking him where he’s headed, where he’s trying to run off to, and whether he isn’t supposed to be an amazing person while Zhao Yang tells them not to touch him.  It’s difficult to muster any sympathy for the guy even though the members aren’t behaving any more properly in this moment either.  PX arrives in the background, but just stands and watches.  It’s not until their coach arrives from the opposite end (with Li Nan) and yells at them to stop that they do.  The coach asks them what they’re doing and whether they’re trying to stage a rebellion.  YX swats at Zhao Yang to stand properly (since he’s crouched over in a wince), and Zhao Yang asks the coach if he saw that.  He takes the coach to task for the team’s behavior suggesting that it’s because of him that they weren’t raised properly, and asks whether it’s necessary for them to behave so ruthlessly [an ironic question coming from the likes of that one] but the coach just tells him to get lost.  Zhao Yang grabs his glasses back from the others and starts to walk away, but when he reaches the top of a short staircase, he turns back to look at them.  And then falls down the stairs when he turns back around to keep walking.  The team derives a great deal of amusement from this moment, and not gonna lie.  So do I! 

After Zhao Yang leaves, the coach turns his attention back to his players.  YX says they were just having a little bit of fun, and the coach tells him to shut up.  He then punishes them – and includes Li Nan – by sending them off for drill exercises.  Each person has to run 50 laps and although they want to protest, they go along with it when the coach tells them to get to it immediately.  After they run off, the coach comments that they seem to be filled with vigor and energy and wonders if 50 laps was too little. 

The team members are running outside when YX calls out for them to rest a bit since he can’t run anymore.  YX throws an arm around Huo Yao’s bent over back and says, “Yao Ge, what happened today,” and then gives him the thumbs up sign and continues, “In the future, we’ll still be brothers.”  Huo Yao tells the others that it feels like the breath he’s been holding in has finally been let out.  Lu Feng gloats over how Zhao Yang looked earlier and Li Nan comments that the way PX blocked Zhao Yang, it seemed like he had something against him as well.  YX tells them that if it wasn’t the case that PX and Zhao Yang had a fall out over some internal conflict, then that was PX hitting a person when he was already down.  Right at that moment, PX runs past.  YX flags him down and asks, “The coach punished us by making us run laps.  What does that have to do with you?”  PX answers that when Zhao Yang fell, that was because of him, and then he continues running.  Huo Yao asks, “He did that?” and then they continue running with someone saying, “Not bad, our team leader.”  (It’s just a voice so I don’t know who said it.)

XK is working on his laptop with Tong Wu sitting next to him when Tong Wu suddenly hands over his phone and tells XK to take a look.  Tong Wu’s excitement grabs Lu Sheng’s attention as well and he also walks over to take a look.  It’s an online news article about Zhao Yang framing the former team leader for the Legends team, JXK.  XK doesn’t say anything, but Lu Sheng comments that Zhao Yang deserves to be arrested and Tong Wu agrees.  Over at Dream Journey, Shou Hou Zi says he never imagined Zhao Yang was that despicable of a person and Fei Mao praises YY for the well-written article.  QY stands in between them and says, “Of course!”  In the Legends exercise room, YX is also reading the article on his phone and calls the others over to see how awesome “his” YY is.  [The expression on Lu Feng’s face, LOL.]  He points at his phone and says, “Finally, our Kong Ge and QY have been avenged.” 

Later that evening, QY and XK meet up at the Hellolala Café where XK is watching a video on QY’s phone.  When it finishes, he tells her it’s not bad and after she asks for confirmation that he really means it and he says yes, she says that’s great and will show it to Luo Tian the next day.  XK watches her with amusement on his face and then asks her to share with him how she managed to “capture” the “gao gao zai shang” Luo Tian (“gao gao zai shang” is an idiom for: set oneself high above the masses).  QY asks how she “captured” him and says XK doesn’t know how he scolded her something fierce.  She then says she’ll show him it went and crosses her arm a la Luo Tian.  After she repeats word for word what Luo Tian said to her that day at Dream Journey, XK laughs and says she sounded just like Luo Tian.  He then comments on the fact that she’s willingly taking another video to him after he scolded her like that, but QY tells XK that so long as Luo Tian’s willing to watch her videos, he can scold her however he’d like.  After a pause, XK says, “How about this?  Luo Tian and I are pretty familiar with each other actually.  Want me to help you by pulling some strings?”  QY responds, “Who was it that said . . . ‘This profession doesn’t need opportunistic flower vases?’” [LOL!]  And XK immediately (and unashamedly) responds, “Who?  Who would be so lacking that they wouldn’t recognize a pearl when they saw it and say something so childish and shallow?  If I knew that person, I wouldn’t let them go!”  QY laughs and then the waiter walks over with a heart-shaped cake.  He apologizes for disturbing them and tells them the cake is the last one and since they’re a couple they might as well eat it together.  XK and QY look at each other awkwardly and QY tells the waiter that he’s misunderstood, as they’re not a couple, but the waiter says that’s okay because even if they’re not a couple, they can still eat the cake together.  After the waiter walks away, XK suggests that QY eat it, but she points out it’s a strawberry cake, which he likes, and suggests he eat it.  XK says he can’t let a girl starve while, he, a man, eats the cake.  He then suggests that they do as the waiter had suggested and partake in the cake together.  QY nods her had and then we get a montage of QY and XK taking turns to sweetly feed each other bites of the cake, but it turns out it was all in QY’s imagination and the reality is a lot less romantic.  XK announces he’s finished cutting the cake and when he looks up and observes that she’s not listening and is in a daze, he asks her what she’s laughing about and repeats that he’s finished cutting the cake.  QY snaps out of her dream and when she looks down in front, she comments on the fact that he just cut a heart in half (vertically) like that.  XK, being a total male, asks her how else he was supposed to cut it – horizontally?  *facepalm*

Later that night, QY texts XK and asks if he’s free tomorrow as she’d like to take him to a nice place.  XK asks, “Where?  You aren’t thinking to find a place to help me relax, are you?”  QY responds that’s exactly what she intends and so the next day, she takes him to Shanghai Disney.  She looks way more excited than he is to be there as she comments on how lively the park is, and points out the castle in the distance, the cartoon stores around them, and the balloons in front of them.  She says they’re pretty and XK looks from her to them and back to her before asking if she also likes them.  She says yes, and so he grabs her by the hand and says they should take a picture then.  He plants her in front of the balloons and takes out his phone to take pictures of her with the balloons in the background.  He even suggests they take a selfie together [because he’s the best “not” boyfriend ever, haha] before taking her by the arm again to do something else.  He then leads her in the direction of a ride he wants to ride, but QY drags him back and tries to lead him in the direction of several other rides saying they have shorter lines.  When XK points out that it was she who brought him there as a form of encouragement, and should thus ask his opinion about what they should ride, QY tells him that she knows that but their time is very tight today.  She also tries to reassure him with a promise that whatever he wants to ride, she’ll ride with him.  When he asks if she’s sure about that and she says yes, he tells her he wants to ride the very ride she does not want to go on.  QY then tries to get out of it by observing they only just arrived at the park and suggests it’s too stimulating to ride first thing.  XK guesses from her reaction that she’s afraid, but QY insists she isn’t and says again that she’ll accompany him on whatever ride he wants.  XK’s like, “That’ great!” and again tries to take her to the big ride.  But QY again drags him back and suggests they ride some of the smaller rides first as an appetizer before moving onto the big ones.  She again gives him her reassurance that she’ll ride whatever he wants to ride and he gives in by saying it’s fine; so long as she willing to keep him company, he’s fine riding whatever.  {Awwww!] 

After QY and XK spend the afternoon running around the park, they settle down for a meal.  QY comments on how cute all the dishes are and XK plays with an app on his phone and comments that they picked a good time to visit the park as it wasn’t very crowed, which allowed them to ride a lot of rides.  [Is that a product placement tracker app??]  He then puts down his phone and suggests that after they’re done eating, they go ride that ride QY’s been trying to avoid since that morning.  QY reacts with an, “AH?” and XK asks her what’s wrong, while telling her she won’t have any problems handling the ride.  QY just laughs awkwardly as XK continues on by saying he never imagined they’d be able to play so harmoniously together and that it really exceeded his expectations.  QY exclaims, “Really?!  So long as it makes you happy, I’m willing to do anything!”  [The expression on XK’s face = Priceless, LOL!]  He laughs and suggests they start eating.  As they start eating, she tells him that she saw other amusement park guests participating in a contest where the theme is “first time,” and they post pictures online of themselves at the park with captions that match that theme.  XK says this sounds interesting and suggests they also participate given how many pictures they’ve taken so far.  They start looking through their photos and suggest different photos and captions to each other.  At one point, QY laughs and suggests a photo where XK has his closed eyes and in retaliation, he tells her he also has a lot of pictures where she doesn’t look good in them.  QY tells him to show her one and as he looks through his photos, he says, “Let me ask, are you really not afraid of riding these rides?”  QY answers that she’s not afraid and that she’s already said she’s not afraid, and XK just holds up a picture where he says she obviously looks nervous.  QY explains it away by saying that she just happened to close her eyes in that moment, but he shows her another and asks if she also just happened to close her eyes.  QY verbally waves him away and that’s when XK finally puts away his phone and says more seriously, “Actually, you’re not as brave as you claim to be.  It was because you wanted to keep me company that you went on them.”  QY sets aside her own phone and tells him that’s not entirely the case.  She then thanks him and tells him that it’s because of him, that she had the courage to ride for the first time so many rides that she’d never dared to ride before.  She adds, “Besides, you were there keeping me company.”  She then tells him that in those moments when she was screaming [during the rides] she felt like she was letting out all of her worries and concerns, and says she hopes it was the same for him as well.  She tells him she hopes he’ll be filled instead with competitive spirit, which he’ll need to face his future competitions.  XK smiles, touched by her words, and says, “You were obviously scared, yet you still wanted to keep me company because you wanted to give me a release.  QY, it should be me who thanks you.”  An idea occurs to XK and he tells her to wait a second for him.  She asks him where he’s going, but he doesn’t answer.  As she waits, Minnie Mouse arrives followed by Daisy Duck.  After taking a bunch of photos, QY exclaims that she’s having the most perfect day being able to take pictures with so many Disney characters.  XK arrives then with a bouquet of balloons and asks, “That’s enough for it to be perfect?  Your princess dream is a little bit small, don’t you think?”  QY can’t believe her eyes as she keeps looking at the balloons.  She asks if they’re for her and he tells her that he’s noticed how she couldn’t take her eyes off of them ever since they first entered the park.  After handing over the balloons, he holds up a pair of Minnie Mouse ears and tells her there’s this too.  [Even the people sitting behind them are watching with interest and clap their hands when they see XK putting the Minnie Mouse ears on her – imagine how those strangers would feel if they knew, QY and XK were “not” dating.  Hahaha.]  After QY sets the Minnie Mouse ears in place, she tells XK that her princess dreams can be officially considered complete, but he tells her, “Princess QY, your princess dreams are only just beginning.”  He holds out his hand like Prince Charming and asks her to follow him.  [OMG, YOU TWO.  JUST ADMIT THAT YOU’RE IN A RELATIONSHIP ALREADY!] 

XK delivers QY to the carousel where he tells “Princess QY” he’s already arranged a ride for her.  He then leads her onto the ride where they take turns looking at each other as they ride.  As they walk away from the carousel, QY smiles goofily while lost in thoughts (again).  XK gains her attention by asking if her expression means she’s having crazy thoughts again.  She tells him she’s not, and then says she was actually thinking about how they rode so many stimulating rides and she’s realized they’re actually quite fun.  She suggests they ride that ride he’s wanted to go on, and tells him she doesn’t want him to have any regrets.  XK asks if she isn’t scared and tells her not to force herself but QY tells him that so long as he’s around, she has nothing to be scared of again anymore.  She then says, “Knight JXK, this is Princess QY’s command.”  He smiles and says, “Your wish is my command,” and then they really do go on the ride where QY says, “I’m… I’m not scared…” right before the ride takes off and she starts screaming her head off.  [Note the way XK is watching her the entire time; adorable!]  After the ride, they finish their night with the fireworks show.  XK turns to her and asks, “Princess QY, has your wish for today come true?”  She answers, “Not yet.  I hope you face your competitions without any misgivings or apprehensions.  Jia you!”  XK tells her not to worry and promises to win the championship trophy.  QY nods her head and says, ‘JXX, you will always be the best!”  [If he wasn’t already in love with her by this point, I don’t know how he couldn’t be in love with her after this day.]

YX is lying on a couch when PX walks into the room, and then surprises PX by calling out.  PX asks him what he’s doing.  YX says as an excuse that he was just pondering the meaning of life and then tells PX to wait, when he would otherwise walk off.  YX asks if they can chat for a moment, and PX tells him to hurry up and not waste his time.  After beating around the bush, YX thanks PX – and then immediately clarifies that he’s not thanking him for bringing him back to the team as he insists he still doesn’t care about that.  Since he’s rambling, PX cuts in to ask what it is exactly he’s trying to say.  YX says he heard PX spent not a little bit of effort on the Zhao Yang matter, and so he wanted to thank him for that.  He also apologizes for having misunderstood PX in the past and for assuming that he was like Zhao Yang.  PX asks if YX is admitting that he was blind and YX retorts, like a three year old child, that PX’s the blind one.  Then he tells PX that this doesn’t mean that they’re on good terms because he’ll never get over the fact that XK had to leave because of him.  When he keeps on talking, PX pulls out a lollipop and resorts to his usual pacifier method. 

YY’s boss throws down the article she authored in front of her and tells her that once again, because of her, the entire magazine is uproar.  She apologizes and he tells her what use is an apology now.  I swear she is the only employee who gets scolded for doing good work, LOL.  The boss gets a phone call from his boss who asks if YY is one of his people and whether it was she who wrote the article.  When YY’s boss says yes, his boss says he thinks this article is actually a good thing and based on it, is going to give their department more money.  That way if they need to investigate/research more things in the future, they’ll be able to do so more easily.  The boss says, “Really?” and then he hangs up and sits down with a sigh.  YY immediately stands and apologizes.  She says she knows she was wrong and offers to bear the responsibility.  He asks her how she plans on doing that, and she takes off her employee’s badge and turns it back into him.  But rather than accepting it, he asks if she’s trying to run away after creating trouble and who else would see to matters if not her.  That’s when the boss finally reveals that the phone call was a good thing and for once, he praises her for the good work that she does.  After the boss returns her badge, he tells her that it wasn’t for her, their magazine probably be able to continue.  He then tells her that the magazine’s future is in hers (and the others’) hands.  YY tells him not to worry and promises to work hard.

XK is waiting on the basketball court looking anything but thrilled when Lu Sheng arrives practically dragging his heels.  XK hurls the ball at him and Lu Sheng catches it while asking what that was about.  XK confronts him about a moment in the game and asks why Lu Sheng chose to let an opportunity to pass rather than going after it.  Lu Sheng replies with an excuse saying that he would’ve died by the hands of the other team if he’d tried, and XK asks if he’s that much of a scaredy-cat.  Lu Sheng replies that, to him, this is just work and asks whether they need to be so competitive.  XK says, “Sure, why do we need to be this competitive?”  He then points out that after playing basketball with him for a month, Lu Sheng still hasn’t improved.  Lu Sheng says that XK’s the team leader, and he doesn’t have a choice but to keep him company if XK wants to play.  XK throws down the ball and says, “It was I who thought too highly of you,” and then walks off the court.  Just as XK reaches the door to the basketball court, Lu Sheng yells out, “Do you really think I can’t beat you at basketball?”  Aha!  Finally, Lu Sheng’s fighting spirit emerges.  XK turns back and says he knows, there was one time in the middle of a competition, he didn’t listen to the commands and because of that his team lost the match, and he was kicked out of the team.  After that, he went through four teams and not a single team would let him play the mid-solo position.  Lu Sheng answers that he couldn’t play it anymore, and XK tells him that an opportunity is staring at him right in the face and it’s up to him whether he can play it or not. 

The new competitive season for iConquer has finally arrived.  As always, Luo Tian and A Can greet the audience and welcome them to the 2018 fall season.  To be honest, without having to look up every single word, even I don’t what Luo Tian is yammering on about, but I do know that he finishes his welcome by announcing to the audience that whoever wins this competition will have automatic entrance to the world championships at Vancouver.  A Can then takes over to welcome the first two competitors: Legends and Polaris. 

While that match is going on, Li Gan starts a meeting with the VNG team asking for their thoughts on how they’re going to compete against Polaris, as that’s who they’ve been slotted to play against first.  Qi Yue pipes up that they should play as they always have before with “four protect one,” with him as the mid-solo and everyone else working to protetct him.  [So unoriginal!]  Shen Yue adds that Legends just played “four protect one” and beat Polaris.  Shu Wen asks Tong Wu for his thoughts and when Qi Yu looks at him, he says he has no problems with that.  Shu Wen then calls on Lu Sheng, and he says he’d like to hear their team leader’s thoughts.  Qi Yue scoffs at this suggestion though and says that they’ve been practicing XK’s strategy for a month already without any success and suggests there’s no point in listening to XK, as doesn’t want to lose in an embarrassing manner at the compettion.  XK ignores Qi Yue and says that in his opinion, they should focus on their selection of heroes when facing off against Polaris.  Shu Wen asks him why that is and he explains that at the beginning of the new season, most teams will follow their old selections.  But if they change things up, then the other team won’t be able to figure out what their stragety is.  He gives some more reasoning (which I can’t follow without having to look up every word so I’m not going to) and then asks Qi Yue how his practice with the A Xian hero has been going.  [I’m going to say not at all, judging by Qi Yue’s reaction.  He even looks towards Li Gan, who also looks away.  I swear, both master and disciple stink!]  Since Qi Yue can’t give XK the answer he’s looking for, he tells Shu Wen that he objects to this idea because this is the fall competition and not the insider’s competition.  He basically implies that this is not the time for them to be taking chances with things they’re not yet familiar/comfortable with and tells XK not to play around with his (Qi Yue’s) professional career.  [Although, I would point ou that they would’t be unfamiliar if he’d trained like XK had wanted him to…]  XK retorts that even if he was playing around with Qi Yue’s career, he wouldn’t gamble with VNG’s.  He then insists that they have to use the new heroes to break through the defenses of the other teams as relying on old methods won’t help them win.  Qi Yue mutters that if they lose, it’ll be because he’s a hand klutz [I can’t believe Li Gan doesn’t ever stop him when he talks like this – more reasons why he’s a terrible master who doesn’t know how to teach his disciple properly] but Lu Sheng pipes up to say that XK’s right and then shares his opinion on the matter.  When Qi Yue tries to shoot him down, Lu Sheng stands up and says, “If you don’t have the guts to use A Xin to play the mid-solo position, just tell me and I’ll do it!”  Qi Yue also stands up to ask what he means by that and Shu Wen tells them that’s enough and orders both of them to sit down.  Li Gan has to tell Qi Yue separately to sit down.  After both of them sit back down, Shu Wen says that there is a point to them being the first to use the new heroes and then tells the others that they’ll do as XK wants and continue practicing accordingly.  Qi Yue sulks by asking if they’re teaming up to work against him and starts calling out Shu Wen [which is so not wise; she can eat you alive!!] by pointing out she’s a professional coach and asking whether she can’t hear a stupid idea when she hears one.  He asks if she’s willing to watch VNG lose in utter embarrassment, and it’s only then that Li Gan finally intervenes and asks Qi Yue if that’s any way to be talking.  Shu Wen reminds Qi Yue that it’s not only his competition and then she tells him to go practice playing with the new hero before he comes back to her and talks about what’s an embarrassment and what’s not an embarrassment.  She says, “Remember, you’re a professional player,” and then looks in Li Gan’s direction before standing up and calling an end to the meeting.  [Mic drop!  I swear, I admire Shu Wen so much!]  After Shu Wen leaves, Li Gan gets up to follow.  The remining team members are left behind.  QI Yue points at XK and Lu Sheng before taking his leave, and Shen Yue at least has the smarts about him to treat XK with respect by referring to him as “team leader” when he says he’s going to practice and taps at Tong Wu to follow.  Lu Sheng stands up and XK says to him, ‘Thanks,” and Lu Sheng just taps him on the shoulder with his notebook and says “you’re welcome,” before leaving XK alone in the conference room.

Shu Wen storms into her office and Li Gan follows more sedately [because he knows he’s in for it!].  He tells her not to be mad and that he’ll make sure Qi Yue practices more, but Shu Wen says she’s finally sees clearly now.  At VNG, QY only listens to Li Gan, his master.  Li Gan admits that Qi Yue did go a little overboard just now, but he asks in turn whether Shu Wen doesn’t think she’s trusting “that JXK” a little too much.  Shu Wen responds by asking if he doen’t understand her style after working with her for so many years now.  [If she has to ask that question, it only proves why Li Gan is not – and never will be – the one for her.]  She points out that she’s always been the type to choose a person for the job and then go with them, and not doubt them.  Li Gan responds, “But it’s too risky time this.  This isn’t our team’s style,” and Shu Wen shoots back, “Sorry, but it is now.”  When Li Gan would try and plead his case some more, she cuts him off by saying that now on, VNG will no longer be taking the safe route and that this is her wish as well.  She then pushes past him to return to her desk and when he tries to talk to her again, she tells him she has to work. 

It’s late at night and XK is still working.  When Lu Sheng wakes up and sees XK’s still at the desk, he tells XK he should go to bed early since they have their first match the next day.  XK says he just wants to look things over a little bit more since tomorrow’s the first match, and Lu Sheng tells him not to put so much pressure on himself.  He adds that if they lose, no one will blame him and tells XK to go to bed as his condition is most important.  [While that was nice of Lu Feng to say, I disagree that no one would blame XK if they lost.  Pretty sure Qi Yue would love it, if only so he could lord it over XK.]  As XK climbs into bed, he thanks Lu Sheng, but Lu Sheng asks what he’s thanking him for and says that the competition isn’t his individual matter; he tells him to go to sleep. 

It’s the second day iConquer competition and VNG’s first match where they’re pitted against Polaris.  As Luo Tian and A Can welcome the audience, they talk about all the changes within VNG – JXK’s transfer from Legends to VNG, and PX’s departure from VNG to Legends, which left the team without a mid-solo player – and say they look forward to seeing what happens.  The game begins and then we see that QY is also watching at Dream Journey, with Fei Mao and Shou Hou Zi next to her. The former asks the latter how he thinks it will go, and Fei Mao says it’s hard to say as it will depend on what heroes they choose.  QY cuts in that she thinks XK will win with his many different strategies, which is a rare trait in the circuit.  Shou Hou Zi, who has never been XK’s biggest fan, scoffs and she just steals his snacks and tells him to wait and see.  PX also arrives at that moment and takes a seat next to QY.  As they listen to talk about the team’s selection of heroes (and we hear Qi Yue has selected A Xin), PX sighs that VNG has already lost.  QY asks how that can be and Female Gamer says PX would never be wrong.  PX tells them to wait and see, and QY obviously not happy with his prediction asks why he’s not preparing for his upcoming match.  PX responds that his being there is part of his preparation. 

Back at the competition site, the two teams are in the thick of things.  XK calls out commands to his teammates and all seems to be going well until Qi Yue is killed when Shen Yue did not arrive in time to help him out.  Qi Yue lashes out in the middle of the game and VNG ends up losing the first game.  As A Can and Luo Tian how short the game seemed to be, Qi Yue stands up and asks XK if he’s satisfied.  Back at Dream Journey, PX looks at QY and she points out in annoyance that it’s only the first game and they need time to get used to each other.  Shou Hou Zi doesn’t hestitate to remind her that PX won their first game, and PX says, “From the start, JXK never set much store by the outcome of this match.”  QY asks him what he means by this, but he just says he has to go and they should wait to see his two consecutive wins. 

Qi Yue walks angrily to the waiting room while Shen Yue tries to calm him down.  XK and Shu Wen run into PX and the rest of the Legends team in the hallway [seriously, how did PX get there so quickly?].  YX asks him if he’s okay and XK asks why he wouldn’t be; after all, they only lost one game. 

He wishes his former team well and his former coach also tells him to play well, as he looks forward to watching him turn the tables around.  XK promises that he definitely well and then Shu Wen compliments PX on his win. 

QY sends XK and text message, and before we get to her current message, I’d just like to observe that we get a full screenshot of their chat history and there’s one right above it from XK that says, “Something came up with the team, I won’t be able to make it.  Say thank you for me.”  What is this text in reference to???  Where were they supposed to be together and who is she thanking on his behalf??? It both kills me and delights me to know that they are hanging out off screen (because I want to see their every moment together, but at the same time it’s nice to know what even though we can’t see their every moment together, they are having moments together – if that makes sense, ha).  Anyway, back to current text . . . QY tells him, “Jia you!  One game doesn’t say anything.  I’m watching over you!”  He texts back immediately, “Don’t worry.” 

The Legends team finishes their game and it’s a victory.  A computer screen pops up and we see how the team rankings shift with each game played.  In the background, we see the VNG team and judging from reactions, it looks like they lost again.  QY is also behind the counter at Dream Journey watching the ever shifting rankings on her phone.  VNG has now reached the point where they’re in 8th and final place, and Legends is at the top.  We get another montage where Legends again celebrates a win and VNG loses again.  XK looks at Qi Yue in utter irritation and disgust before storming off and leaving his team behind.  At The King, Sun Ge delivers food to one of his customers and overhears two others asking what’s going on with VNG that they have now lost four consecutive games.  They discuss how just last season, VNG were the runner-up winners and if they keep losing, they’ll lose any chance of advancing to the playoffs.  That’s when one of them notices that Sun Ge is also listening in, and he asks him what’s going on with VNG.  Sun Ge tells him to worry about himself and walks away.

Back at VNG, Qi Yue storms into the VNG conference room accusing XK of being a klutz and a moron and blaming their four consecutive losses on his strategy, but XK grabs back when QY grabs him, and that’s when Shu Wen comes in asks (in a shout) what they’re doing.  She asks if fighting will resolve their problems and they finally let go and take their respective seats.  Li Gan points out to XK that they’ve already lost four games and are now at the bottom of the rankings.  If they lose again, they won’t even have the hope of being able to rise in the rankings again.  He then asks if XK shouldn’t give everyone a reasonable explanation, to which XK responds that losing a few games may not necessarily a bad thing.  As Li Gan reacts in frustration, XK continues by saying he’s studied their stats and everyone in their line-up has been increasing their data by a wide margin.  Just as he’s about to start talking about Tong Wu, Qi Yue cuts in mocking him for all of his talk about data.  He asks what good is it if their data looks good if they’re still losing.  Finally, XK bursts out that it’s because of Qi Yue that everyone’s not in their most suitable place.  He points out where everyone should be at, and then says that all Qi Yue knows how to do is keep advancing forward trying to capture people [without any thought to the rest of the team].  He tells Qi Yue that he’s not suitable for the mid-solo position, and after looking around the room and sitting back in his seat, he finishes, “Which is why in the next match, I’m making Lu Sheng play the mid-solo position and at the same time bring back the twin moon combination.”  [I don’t know what that move is called in English, but it’s basically the one he’d introduced when he first VNG and the one Qi Yue had protested again because it was too difficult a move and because he has to protest everything XK wants to do.]  When they hear the strategy XK wants to use, Shen Yue asks if he’s for real and Qi Yue tells him to stop coming up with stupid ideas if he doesn’t have any ability.  He points out that the other teams have already seen through his and Shen Yue’s twin moon combination, but XK tells him he’s talking about a new twin moon combination and then goes on this long explanation to describe what the new twin moon combination will look like (I’m not going to bother trying to figure out what it exactly that he’s saying though because you get the point; he’s an innovator and a strategist).  When XK finishes his description by saying that he thinks they’ll have a chance at winning if they use this move, Li Gan holds up his hand for him to stop and tells XK that he thinks he’s taking things for granted a little too much.  Shu Wen disagrees though and says she thinks XK’s idea of pretending to advance along one path while secretly going along another is a little dangerous, but is actually a suitable strategy for each of the team members.  She tells the team that she has confidence they can pull it of, particularly when paired with their strategy of picking new heroes.  Qi Yue then responds by asking if she thinks Lu Sheng can play the mid-solo position, and Lu Sheng sits up to answer for himself that he can.  When XK looks at him, Lu Sheng nods back.  Li Gan, ever the wet blanket, doesn’t like the idea of moving people around with all their new strategy in the middle of a competition, but XK tells him that there’s nobody who understand Legends more than him, and that there’s nobody who understands PX better than them.  He then asks if Li Gan really thinks the odds are against their success.  QY asks if XK will be able to pay the price if they lose and XK tells him that if he loses, he’ll give up the team leader position.

After the team conference, Li Gan and Shu Wen chat separately.  Li Gan tells her that Lu Sheng playing the mid-solo position is fine, but as for the twin moon combination . . . Shu Wen interrupts and says she knows what he’s worried about, but they’ve reached a critical point and what they should do as the team’s leaders is give the members their trust and confidence.  Li Gan replies that they can’t lose anymore because if they do, all their past half year’s efforts will be wasted.  He says they can’t afford to lose.  But Shu Wen just responds with her signature devil may care attitude by asking why he’s so worried about an ordingary competition.  Li Gan then says, “I just don’t understand. Where do you get your confidence in JXK?  Is it because Sun Ze Yi sets a lot of store by him?”  Shu Wen asks what he means by that and Li Gan says he means nothing by that.  He says he’s just worried, but adds that if she’s already decided on matters then they should just follow her plans.  He then tells her he’s going home and she should too.  Nobody leaves happy that night.

End

Fist Bump Count (episode): 0

Hahahha, OK OK I stand corrected. Zhao Yang’s is a criminal :skull: that needs to be put behind bars! Ugh... 

Tbh, XK and QY should have sued him and Qiao xin for slander for that vid manipulation alone... :(

Anyway... One thing I forgot to

comment on, I wonder why didn’t XK took his trophies when he leaves Team Legend... and all I can think of is that he loves the team, and the trophies are the proves of his and the teams effort to win the championship.. so he leaved them there as a memento for everyone. 

Finally.... Disneyland!!!! :heart:... But, before I went and gush about our cute leads.. I want to comment a bit about Li Gan... Sigh.. this guy ah..... He's so blind.... I firmly believe that the reason he's so against Ji Xiang Kong is because he's afraid of the possibility that Shu Wen and Sun Ge could get back together. And that makes him irrational and closed his eyes on Qi Yue's fault... Seriously.. what Qi Yue's doing is sabotaging his own team... and that should have been enough for Li Gan to reprimand him [He is Qi Yue's MENTOR after all !!!!] Ugh!!!! This is not what a leader and a mentor should do! 

XK has tries to show again and again his leadership style while studying and try to develop the team's skill, Shu Wen and the other team members are seeing an improvement. LOL.. You know.. in a roundabout way.. it is Li gan's own fault that brings VNG down and will ultimately made him loose shu wen... 

Like I said.. birds of the same feather flocks together... Qi Yue and Li Gan deserve to call each other Teacher and Student [sarcasm] 

Now, back to our lead ....  so cuteeeeee! So many cute moments  :wub:
Sadly this didn't happen, but the part where XK cut the cake in half is so funny :joy:

Spoiler

007cyGSsly1g4dm5aebqdg30j2097kjq.gif

007cyGSsly1g4dm4nbl9og30it09wu14.gif

giphy.gif

Every moments in Disneyland ARE KODAK MOMENT!!! :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub: My heart is so full! 

“Princess QY, your princess dreams are only just beginning.”  He holds out his hand like Prince Charming and asks her to follow him.  [OMG, YOU TWO.  JUST ADMIT THAT YOU’RE IN A RELATIONSHIP ALREADY!] 

007cyGSsly1g4ds9xdzohj31c00u0npd.jpg

Spoiler

007cyGSsly1g4ds9ydky0j31c00u0hdt.jpg

007cyGSsly1g4dsa2isutj31c00u0e85.jpg

007cyGSsly1g4dsm9rwmaj31c00u0e82.jpg

007cyGSsly1g4ds9yn7xfj31c00u0npd.jpg

\After QY sets the Minnie Mouse ears in place, she tells XK that her princess dreams can be officially considered complete, but he tells her, “Princess QY, your princess dreams are only just beginning.”  He holds out his hand like Prince Charming and asks her to follow him.  [OMG, YOU TWO.  JUST ADMIT THAT YOU’RE IN A RELATIONSHIP ALREADY!] 

[Even the people sitting behind them are watching with interest and clap their hands when they see XK putting the Minnie Mouse ears on her – imagine how those strangers would feel if they knew, QY and XK were “not” dating.  Hahaha.]  

@themarchioness HAHAHAHAHA YOUR NOTE IS SO ON POINT!!!! HAHAHA... THAT IS ESSENTIALLY US AND EVERY VIEWERS WATCHING THIS EPISODE.. :joy:

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

I must say.. QY's feeling is so obvious in her every action and words... :wub: it is impossible for XK not to notice right? LOLS... XK is falling hard even when he hasn't say anything... seriouslyy these two!!!!! what's with the shy glances and secret smile... you guys aren't fooling anyone  :D:P 

giphy.gif

@lynne22, I always love your pic/gif spams.  You know just how to start my morning off on the right foot!  Thank you.  :D  

I still laugh whenever I hear XK in the back of my head asking, "Was I supposed to cut it horizontally?"  Although they may have missed out on QY's fantasies that time, with the way those two cuties operate, I'm sure it's only a matter of time before her dreams come true and they're feeding each other sweetly.

After all, XK made sure to make her dreams come true at Disneyland!  I think what I love about that whole event is it starts out with her wanting to give him the perfect day, and in the end, he wants to give her the perfect day --- they gave each other the perfect day!  

As for Li Gan . . . sighs.  I agree that a large part of his bias against XK is because of Sun Ge, but I also think a fundamental problem of his is that he's not a risk taker.  Which is to say that even if it was someone else in XK's shoes suggesting these big changes, I'm not sure he'd be any more amenable to the idea.  VNG has never been at this point where they're being tested like this, but now that they are, it's becoming increasingly obvious that he and Shu Wen have two different styles and more significantly, two different visions.  As Sun Ge will observe in a future episode, that is their biggest problem right there.  It's why Li Gan and Shu Wen don't work personally, and it's why they won't work professionally.  Probably the only reason they've made it as far as they have is because Li Gan was holding on and Shu Wen was letting him; but now, everything's changed and the landscape is different.  When XK promised Shu Wen a "new VNG," I doubt either of them realized, he'd be giving her a whole new everything too.

Archived