[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Gank Your Heart 陪你到世界之巅

Lynne

28 minutes ago, lynne22 said:

I must say.. QY's feeling is so obvious in her every action and words... :wub: it is impossible for XK not to notice right? LOLS... XK is falling hard even when he hasn't say anything... seriouslyy these two!!!!! what's with the shy glances and secret smile... you guys aren't fooling anyone  :D:P 

Given how QY wears her heart on her sleeve and given how some of XK's greatest assets as an pro gamer and a team leader are his keen insight and ability to read others (such as his team  members, to figure out how they work best together; or his opponents, to predict what moves they'll make), it would be a reversal in character for him to not notice.  :P 

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/16/2019 at 8:53 PM, themarchioness said:

@lynne22, I always love your pic/gif spams.  You know just how to start my morning off on the right foot!  Thank you.  :D  

I still laugh whenever I hear XK in the back of my head asking, "Was I supposed to cut it horizontally?"  Although they may have missed out on QY's fantasies that time, with the way those two cuties operate, I'm sure it's only a matter of time before her dreams come true and they're feeding each other sweetly.

After all, XK made sure to make her dreams come true at Disneyland!  I think what I love about that whole event is it starts out with her wanting to give him the perfect day, and in the end, he wants to give her the perfect day --- they gave each other the perfect day!  

Exactly!!!! :wub: 

QY and XK knows each other so well now, they have truly come along way.... :wub:

I am very much amazed and warm with their progression :wub:

giphy.gif

Um, I may have had some comments to add along the way while recapping this next episode.  I couldn't help myself though!  I find Qi Yue and Li Gan provoking and I just have to say something sometimes (a lot of time?), particularly with respect to Qi Yue.  Haha.  Anyhow, no advancement in our head pats or fist bumps in this episode either because our OTP never even crossed paths!  They did exchange some pretty flirty texts though -- even though they are "just friends."  :P  Also, we meet a new twist at the end of this episode.  I always kind of half dread and half anticipate this arc of the story, but I'm just reminding myself of one of my favorite mantras: no pain, no gain!  I'll add some additional thoughts regarding this matter at the end of the recap, also under a spoiler cut.  But before we can get to that thought, we should start with:

Episode 20

Spoiler

Episode 20

Shu Wen is practicing her archery and keeps missing the bulls eye when Sun Ge enters and tells her that if she continues as is, she still wont’ be able to hit the target.  He tells her that she’s just like she was in the past – the minute the pressure becomes too great, she comes here to shoot an arrow.  Shu Wen replies that tomorrow is VNG’s life and death match and if they lose, then they won’t be able to qualify for the next round of competitions.  She also tells him that even though she supports XK’s strategies, in her heart, she can’t help but feel uncertain.  Sun Ge tells her that she’s not an iron woman, so she shouldn’t place so much pressure on herself.  As Shu Wen lifts her bow and arrow, he tells her to relax and says that if she hits the red center target, they’ll definitely win the competition tomorrow.  He then puts his hand up to help adjust the angle of her elbow, tells her to take aim, and reminds her to relax as he takes his hand away.  His actions trigger her memory and Shu Wen flashes back to a time when he’d helped her to take aim by wrapping his arms around hers.  She’d told him that with her next arrow, she’d definitely hit the center target, and when he’d told her to stop taking big, she’d told him that if she said they were going to win the next day, that meant they were going to win.  Shu Wen lets go and she hits just the bottom of the center target.  She’d turned to him and said, “Look!”  Sun Ge had laughed and then said, “If we really do win tomorrow, whatever you want to eat this month, it’ll be on me!”  But Shu Wen had scoffed and sneered while asking who wanted him to buy her meals.  He’d asked her what else she wanted and she’d swung her arms around him and said, “Be my boyfriend.”  The flashback ends and Shu Wen returns to the present where she lets go of her arrow and hits center target.  With a smile on her face, she thanks Sun Ge, and then they shoot arrows side by side while Li Gan watches from afar.  [Thought you were going home, Li Gan!] 

It’s the next day and we’re back at the competition site where both the Legends and VNG vans are parked outside.  As they walk through the hallway, XK tells Lu Sheng to relax and not be nervous and then they run into the Legends team.  YX looks happy to see them and tells XK that he’s looking good today.  Li Nan asks how come he feels scared just looking at him, and XK jokes to PX that it feels like he’s already won half the game with his team members talking like that.  PX tells him to hurry up and give them all that he’s got, and XK tells him that he’d better keeps his eyes fixed on them (his team members) and that they’d better not throw the game on purpose.  He reminds PX that he knows them like the back of his hand so he shouldn’t be blamed for not showing them any mercy.  Lu Feng says that since XK’s put it that way, they definitely shouldn’t go easy and YX agrees, telling XK that he’ll see him soon.  XK laughs at the good-natured ribbing between friends and PX comments that he’s looked forward to this day for a long time.  He tells them that he hopes they won’t lose too quickly.  Qi Yue pipes up to say that he looks forward to seeing whether they have the ability and then the two teams start to rib each other for reals until Luo Tian arrives depriving of them off the opportunity to let things get out of hand.  He asks if they’re prepared, and whe the teams answer that they are, he tells them to relax as tonight’s stage is all theirs. 

Luo Tian and A Can kicks off the competition by reminding the audience that this is a life or death match for VNG and then they review the standing of all the sixteen teams.  Legends is still at the top and VNG is still at the bottom.  Luo Tian reminds everyone that if VNG loses they won’t be able to enter the playoffs.  A Can agrees and says that it looks like there’s a wide gap beteen the two teams, but Luo Tian points out that in the iConquer game miracles can happen at any time so there’s no certainty as to who will win the trophy, although everyone’s certainly looking forward watching the journey to the trophy.  A Can observes that another element of interest in tonight’s game will be the match up of PX versus JXK, and then the two teams are invited onto the stage.  The crowd cheers as the teams enter and when everyone is lined up, A Can says that since everyone is being so warm, he wants to know where all the Legends fans are.  As they cheer, Luo Tian also calls out that he wants to hear their noise.  When the crowd dies doan, Luo Tian remarks that based on the current circumstances, he actually feels tense on VNG’s behalf, but he also sees the team’s two coaches, Shu Wen and Li Gan, looking calm and composed in the audience.  A Can says he noticed the same thing and wonders if it’s because they have some sort of trump card in their hand.  Luo Tian says they’ll look forward then to the match between the two teams and then he announces that the game has officially begun. 

The crowd at Dream Journey is watching as usual and Fei Mao and Shou Hou Zi react in surprise when they see that the VNG players have switched their position with Lu Sheng playing mid-solo.  They discuss how it’ll be over for VNG if they lose and we see how QY’s in the background, not the least bit pleased to hear them blaming everything on XK.  She walks up to them and tells them that if VNG has made changes, then XK must’ve had his reasons.  She points out that there’s nobody who understands Legends better than XK, which is why she feels certain that they will win.  Shou Hou Zi points out that by her standard, that means nobody understands VNG better than PX and Fei Mao asks how she can be anticipating PX’s loss after all help he’s given her.  Not wanting to talk to them anymore, QY turns to leave and runs right into Summer who says he has a question for her.  He asks her between PX and JXK, who she’d like to see win.  When QY hesitates (not able to reveal how she really feels), Summer starts speaking up on his cousin’s behalf saying how even though he appears cold on the outside, he’s actually a very warm person.  He then acknowledges that JXK’s also not bad, but adds that XK’s a little too attractive to the ladies, which makes him dangerous.  He asks QY for her opinion and she finally gets out of this awkward conversation by saying that actually, whoever wins has nothing to do with her as it’s not like they’re going to share the prize money with her.  Summer tsks and turns his attention back to the screen and that’s when he sees that Sun Ge is sitting in the audience.  He can’t believe what he’s seeing and tells QY to watch over the store as he goes to check it out. 

Back at the competition site, A Can is also commenting on VNG’s changed positions and wondering if Lu Sheng is prepared to take on the mid-solo position.  He comments that this means their chances of turning the tables is probably isn’t that great, but Luo Tian says that’s not necessarily the case and reminds A Can that XK’s nickname is the Master Battleground Swindler so he trusts that XK’s decision in this regard must mean he has his reasons.  He also points out that three years ago, when Lu Sheng played for the Newlands team, he also played in the mid-solo position so he trusts that if his team members can give him the support he needs, he’ll be able to perform well.  A Can then says that he hopes Lu Sheng will give them a lot to look forward to during the game.  As they turn their attention to the game, which has already begun, they note that YX has gone over in the game to greet his former team leader.  At the same time, we see YX smiling in VNG’s direction while XK comments that YX dares to ramble around in front of him.  He looks back in YX’s direction as YX tells his teammates that he just went over and greeted XK.  He then suggests that they all go over to greet him, and Lu Feng agrees to participate.  Out in the audience, Li Gan looks annoyed, and back on the Legends side Li Nan pauses to ask his team if they’ve noticed that VNG seems to have switched their positiosn around as it seems like Lu Sheng’s playing mid-solo.  Huo Yao tells him not to worry as XK’s probably just adjusting their stategy, and that they should continue working to protect themselves.  Back on the VNG side, we see the team also calling out commands and calls for assistance.  And rather than trying to translate each play-by-play, I’ll just summarize the remainder of this match by saying: Lu Sheng and XK had wanted Qi Yue to go give Lu Sheng the assistance that he needed in order to do his thing, but instead of listening to XK’s command (like he’s supposed to!), Qi Yue kept countermanding everything XK said and insisted on doing his own thing (and dragging along Shen Yue and Tong Wu with him) which allowed Legends to break through and eventually win the first game.  It’s worth noting, however, that even in the audience Shu Wen asks Li Gan at one point what Qi Yue is doing.  As the first match heads toward’s VNG’s defeat, Sun Ge looks in Shu Wen’s direction and notices her upset/disappointed reactions.  Li Gan tries to place the blame on Lu Sheng by saying that he’s just not the mid-solo player that PX is and that’s when Sun Ge sends Shu Wen a text saying that Lu Sheng as mid-solo is not the problem.  Shu Wen texts back that she knows, it’s Qi Yue who’s the problem.  At Dream Journey, QY also starts to send XK a text telling him it’s okay as this is only the first game, and that she should keep cool/remain calm, but then she thinks to herself that she shouldn’t bother him at a time like this and ends up not sending the text.  The first game finally ends and Qi Yue walks off first while slamming XK’s strategy.  XK tries to comfort Lu Sheng and Tong Wu by saying they can win things back with the next rounds and tells them to go back and rest first. 

In the waiting room, there is a clear divide between Qi Yue and Shen Yue, and XK, Lu Sheng, and Tong Wu.  XK tells Lu Sheng to have more confidence in himself and that’s when Li Gan enters and tells them that for the next game, everyone is returning to their original position.  XK counters that Lu Sheng wasn’t the problem and Li Gan tells him that he’s giving him an order right now; it’s not a discussion.  XK stands up and reminds Li Gan that since he and Shu Wen appointed him as the team leader, they should trust him.  Qi Yue decides that this is his moment to butt in (when really, he should stay out of it) and remind XK that the next game determines their life and death, and that VNG has never lost in one of these routine competitions before.  That’s when Shu Wen enters and comments (with sarcasm)that Qi Yue knows to be concerned about their life and death.  She then says, “Let me ask you, who let you go and mess with PX?”  When Qi Yue tries to justify his actions, she cuts him off and points out that he’s basically admitting he decided to go off and do his own thing, which was the same as sending himself off to to be killed.  She then confronts Tong Wu and asks why he went and involved himself when he knew he wouldn’t be able to win.  Tong Wu looks in Qi Yue’s direction and we know the answer is because during the game, XK had told him not to go, but Qi Yue had kept calling for Tong Wu to go to him, and Tong Wu ultimately decided to follow Qi Yue’s direction instead of XK’s.  Shu Wen crosses her arms and orders that for the remaining games, nobody is allowed to do anything they’re not instructed to do.  She warns that if anyone doesn’t listen to the commands, they’ll be sent down to be substitutes.  XK tries to smooth things over by saying he knows everyone is just feeling eager to win, but if they remain steady, he trusts they’ll be able to actually win. 

The next game begins and Luo Tian comments on the fact that VNG has chosen to play with A Xin, which is usally associated with the “four protect one strategy.”  A Can asks if this means VNG is planning on playing with “fourt protect one,” but Luo Tian says it’s hard to say as XK is the Master Battleground Swindler who has a lot of strategies up his sleeve, so it’s hard to predict what strategy he’ll use.  A Can agrees and as they turn their attention back to the selection of heroes, the audience at Dream Journey is also discussing each team’s choice of heroes.  Fei Mao and Shou Hou Zi are once again predicting that Legends will win, but QY reminds them that XK is the Master Battleground Swindler.  Fei Mao again confronts her over the fact that PX is always helping her out and asks how she can hold her elbow in an outward direction (i.e., rooting for another man).  Shou Hou Zi then pats his friend on the shoulder and says he just doesn’t understand; QY is the type to draw a clear distinction between public and private interests, only willing to help those she has an actual relationship with and not those with whom she has only a business relationship.  QY objects and says she’s only speaking the truth and points out that Legends, at most, only knows how to play “four protect one.”  Fei Mao asks if she wants to make a bet, and she says sure.  If VNG wins, he has to treat everyone to a cup of milk tea.  Fei Mao looks around the rom and then agrees by asking, “Who’s afraid of who?” 

Back at the competition site, Summer arrives and slaps Sun Ge on the shoulder.  He says, “You came to watch and didn’t ask me.”  He makes Sun Ge scoot in so he can sit next to him.  Sun Ge asks why he came and Summer says he wanted to ask the same thing.  He remarks that seeing Sun Ge there is harder than winning the lottery.  Summer then notices that Shu Wen is within their line of vision and asks Sun Ge if he came to see the competition or a person.  Sun Ge rolls his eyes and asks if there’s a problem with him coming to watch XK play in a competition, and Summer says there’s no problem but comments that their field of vision from their current seats isn’t very good.  He says that if Sun Ge really wants to watch he’ll take him to where the coaches sit.  Sun Ge pushes back that Summer really likes to stir up trouble.  The people sitting in front of them turn back because of all their talking, but then they realize that it’s Summer who’s sitting behind them.  They ask if they can take a picture with him and when Summer says sure, they ask Sun Ge to move to the side a little bit so he won’t be in their picture.  [OMG, so sad!  These fans are obviously not hardcore fans if they can’t recognize Sun Ge.  Harumph!  I have only mad respect for Sun Ge, the way he just lets everything roll off his back.  He and XK are very much alike in that regard, which I suppose is not surprising given how similar and close they are.]  After the photo session is done, Summer directs the two guys back to the game telling them to watch the game and Sun Ge moves back in his seat. 

Back on stage, the selection and banning of heroes finally concludes and the second game begins.  The Legends team tells each other to remain steady and over on the VNG side, XK predicts that in another two minutes, YX will be at a certain spot.  He sends Qi Yue and Shen Yue to go deal with him, and sure enough seconds later, we see YX reacting in alarm while calling out for Lu Feng to come help save him.  It’s too late though and Qi Yue captures YX.  Even YX has to acknowledge that he’s sure it was XK who knew he’d be where he was at.  The camera returns to XK and this time, he’s predicting that with their “four protect one” strategy, Huo Yao and Lu Feng will be in some place.  He again dispatches Shen Yue and Qi Yue to deal with them, and it’s another kill for VNG.  A Can comments that their twin moon combination (or whatever that strategy is called; it’s the one XK argued in favor of using  in one of their team meetings) is beautiful.  Back on the Legends side, Lu Feng is watching the game and asking what’s going on.  YX comments that it’s not Qi Yue who’s being awesome, but his Kong Ge.  Huo Yao also says that he feels like he’s seen this strategy before somewhere, and it’s PX who tells them that it’s the twin moon combination.  The others react in surprise with YX saying that’s impossible when nobody can pull that off – but clearly XK can!  XK continues calling out commands to his team and soon, it’s VNG who claims victory. 

Over at Dream Journey, QY celebrates the win.  She starts to say that she just knew XK would win, but quickly corrects herself to say she just knew VNG would win.  Fei Mao says that this game only makes them even, so it’s too early to say who’ll be treating who to milk tea.  Back at the competiton site, Qi Yue is named as the MVP of the second game and the commentators start rehashing the priore game with Luo Tian praising the twin moon combination strategy. [ In the audience, Shu Wen looks incredibly pleased and satisfied – thank goodness for her command.  Who wants to bet that if the team had followed Li Gan’s command, they’d be heading back to their waiting room to pack up?]  After the commentators sign off for break time, we see Li Gan and Shu Wen walking towards the waiting room.  She’s texting somebody at the same time and doesn’t even seem to notice Li Gan as she continues walking past him.  He knows, and we know, she must be texting Sun Ge. 

It’s a much different environment in the waiting room this time as everyone celebrates their second game win.  Shu Wen says everyone played beautifully and Li Gan tells Qi Yue he deserved to be named the MVP.  Qi Yue says he bet Legends is trying to figure out what just happened now.  [What happened, you idiot, is XK used his strategy – the one you’re always criticizing – to confuse the other side.]  Shu Wen tells the team to continue as they are and remain steady, and Li Gan tells them that the next game is it so they have to win.  The others join in his cheer. 

In the Legends waiting room, it’s a very different mood.  PX passes YX a bottle of water and tells him to have a drink, a gesture that surprises everyone.  YX asks why he’s being so nice to him all of the sudden and PX asks him to predict what XK will do next.  YX just laughs though, as there’s no way for him to predict what XK could be thinking.  Their coach guesses that VNG will continue using the twin moon combination, since it worked this round, and PX asks how they should play in response then.  YX repeats the question back at him and asks if PX knows how to play anything else othe than “four protect one” anyway.  The coach replies that XK has studied them as well as the twin moon combination and then gives a recommendation as to how they should play next.  Huo Yao reacts to his recommendation by asking, “Do you mean we should use JXK’s methods to defeat JXK?”  The coach that says exacly right, and when Huo Yao asks if that’s possible, he asks if they have any other better methods.  PX answers by saying that’s how they’ll play. 

The third game begins and there’s confusion when Legends goes first and of their first two heroes, they select A Xin.  Even A Can wonders what they’re trying to do as he says he doesn’t understand what they’re doing.  Lu Sheng asks XK how they should play and he tells them that for this game, they won’t be using the twin moon combination.  Qi Yue asks if he’s for real, but of course he is.  He can tell from the other team’s selection of heroes that they’re purposely trying to go up against their twin moon combination, so of course they can’t play that again in this game.  Qi Yue makes a snarky comment about XK being a know it all (I think) and XK reminds him that he was the one who taught this method.  He then tells his team that for this game, they’re going to be playing “four protect one.”  Qi Yue who has to question everything wonders if this is really the best idea, but XK expresses confidence in his roommate by saying Lu Sheng can handle it.  He then looks at Lu Sheng who agrees to it, albeit not without some hesitation.  Out in the audience, Summer looks around and comments to Sun Ge that Luo Tian sure has a lot of female fans following him around and that he didn’t used to be like that.  Sun Ge agrees that when Luo Tian first started out he didn’t have much to him, was sensitive, and spent most of his time cooped up practicing. 

Back on stage, the commentators are discussing Lu Sheng’s choice of hero and wondering if he’s capable of playing such a powerful character when he normally plays conservatively.  Summer also throws an arm around Sun Ge’s shoulder and remarks that Lu Sheng’s choice of hero is one that his cousin, PX, normally plays.  He adds that if they lose, he’ll remember to buy Sun Ge some drinks.  At Dream Journey, Fei Mao is finding it ridiculous that Lu Sheng would pick PX’s usual hero in order to battle against PX and Shou Hou Zi agrees that so long as PX plays the game steadily, he won’t have any problems winning.  Everyone seems to agree that Legends is a lock in for the win and Fei Mao gloats that somebody’s about to have to treat the room to milk tea.  QY just rolls her eyes.

The game begins and Lu Feng comments that something’s not right as VNG isn’t playing the same as they did in the last game.  PX tells his teammates that JXK is playing “four protect one,” and YX asks who they’re protecting if they’re playing “four protect one.”  PX tells them it’s Lu Sheng, based on his choice of hero, and Li Nan asks why it’s Lu Sheng when in the last two games, he played like a scaredy cat.  Without answering the question, PX just tells them to capture Lu Sheng as that will be their entry point.  YX reacts, “Capture Lu Sheng?”  He doesn’t believe PX as he can’t believe XK would let “that scaredy cat” play mid-solo, but Lu Feng tells YX that with XK having just transferred to VNG he probably doesn’t understand their players as well as PX.  [Awww, you guys, are you doubting your best friend and former team lead right now?  You should know that by now he would’ve studied his team members in depth already.]  PX calls out insructions/commands to his team and the commentators report back on what they’re doing.  In the audience Shu Wen leans over and asks Li Gan if he sees what’s going on right now.  She comments that it’s a good thing their team didn’t play the twin moon combination.  The commentators make a few more comments and then the camera returns to the VNG team where Qi Yue is asking if this is going to work and XK starts sternly telling Lu Sheng to stop being such a scaredy cat.  Qi Yue again asks Lu Sheng if he can handle it and XK tells Qi Yue to go do something else.  We see Lu Sheng struggling and then we hear him thinking back to when XK had said to him, “It was my fault for thinking too highly of you,” and then started to walk away from him on the basketball court in disappointment.  Just as he had then, he now bursts out on stage, “Do you really think I can’t beat you?!”  It’s the break through from Lu Sheng that they’ve all been waiting for and suddenly he goes to town in the game taking down everyone who comes across his path.  Tong Wu’s telling him to slow down, but XK tells the others it’s okay and that they should just catch up to protect him as he charges ahead.  Both teams end up engaging in a head to head battle after a while and as the excitement builds, we see VNG celebrating when Li Gan and Shu Wen jump to their feet with Li Gan shouting that the team just managed five kills.  The Legends team sits in stunned silence as they can’t believe what just happened and Sun Ge looks proud while next to him, Summer looks like how Legends is feeling at the moment.  Without any one left on the other side to block them, VNG finishes off the game and claims victory for both the third game and the entire match.  QY jumps up and down in celebration, Sun Ge shakes his fist in happiness, and Summer’s got this look in his face like, “What just happened here?”  Aw, XK looks soooo happy.  And he deserves to!  He walks over to shake hands with the Legends team and when he reaches YX, YX says to him, “Come, let me shake the victorious hand.”  Forever a leader, XK asks him how played just now noting that YX cleary had the opportunity to run away.  When he reaches PX, PX comments that a competition is a time where anything can happen in a split second, and wonders that XK had the time to concern himself with YX.  He then adds his sincere congratulations.  In the audience, Shu Wen comments that with this game, they finally showed everyone what their team is capable of.  She also adds that her biggest surprise was Lu Sheng, and Li Gan agrees that it’s as if he finally let out everything that he had stored up inside him.  Shu Wen gives the credit to XK for that change and even Li Gan has to nod in agreement.  Luo Tian congratulates VNG on their win and Qi Yue is again named the MVP, both for the five kill in the third game and the twin moon combination in the second game.  As the commentators continue their post game rundown on stage, Shu Wen takes out her phone and texts, “You didn’t misjudge him.”  Sun Ge responds, “You also didn’t misjudge him.”  Sun Ge then sees Li Gan hug Shu Wen in celebration, and that’s when he makes his exit.  Summer tries to keep him by saying it’s been a long time since they all met.  He suggests that they meet up with Luo Tian too, but Sun Ge declines the offer and leaves.

At Dream Journey, QY gloats that someone has to treat everyone to milk tea.  Shou Hou Zi quickly distances himself from the matter while Fei Mao asks if the small cup would do.  QY milks the moment by telling him that’s not allowed, and as Fei Mao turns around to start counting the number of people present in the room, she comments that XK is too awesome. 

YY is reporting live from the competition site.  XK walks out and everyone goes running over, including YY.  She says VNG finally overcame their four previous losses today and asks what he thinks is the reason for that change.  XK responds that it was due to the strength of their skills as well as their cooperative efforts, and a little bit of luck as well.  Everyone groans, including YY, and when she comments that he’s being very modest today, he asks if he wasn’t modest before.  Qi Yue walks up at that moment and says that their VNG team leader has always been low key, and the reporters immediately turn to him to ask how he feels about being named the MVP.  As Qi Yue and Shen Yue prepare themselves to preen in front of the reporters, XK cruises right through them to make his escape.  [YY’s eye rolls through Qi Yue and Shen Yue’s boastful interview are pretty hilarious.]  Qi Yue asks YY if she has any more questions and she doesn’t hesitate to tell him no.  PX arrives from behind at that moment and everyone’s attention turns around to him.  Since YY was front row before, she’s now in the back of the crowd.  YX arrives and sees her trying to fight for PX’s attention.  He grabs her back by the backpack and when she sees that it’s him, she asks what he’s trying to do when she’s trying to interview PX.  YX asks why she’d want to interview the likes of PX, who doesn’t like to talk, and offers to let her interview him, telling her that he’s ready.  YY sighs and says fine, and when they start, it’s obvious YX is new to this as he doesn’t even know whether to look at her or the cameraman.  She tells him to look at her and then he starts talking about XK and how awesome he was.  He explains how in the second match, XK knew where he’d be at in the game, and so went to await him there.  He also says that the twin moon combination was amazing and had to have been XK’s idea.  His idolization of XK is so adorable that even YY has to laugh as he keeps talking.  He asks what she’s laughing at and tells her to interview him, but YY asks if he’s a member of VNG or Legends.  YX responds that competitions should be like this, “rong ru yu gong” (idiom for: share the honor and disgrace), with everyone working hard for the common cause of winning the final victory.  YY is still laughing and asks if he’s a fool when the Legends coach walks up to them.  He apologizes to YY but says they’re about to have an interview.  YX says he still has a few more things to say and starts to talk about XK again, but the coach asks if he hasn’t embarrassed himself enough already and drags him away.  [Awww, haha.  His love for XK is too cute at times.]  YY waves him off by telling him to go attend his meeting.  She then turns around and sees that PX’s still being interviewed and runs over to ask how he feels about today’s match.  PX answers that even though VNG won today, they’ll continue to work hard as he trusts Legends will be able to beat VNG next time.

XK smiles at the luxurious spread laid out in front of the VNG team and asks Shu Wen if they won’t eat the company bankrupt if she treats them to a meal like this every time they win.  Shu Wen jokes back that they’re not to worry as she’s wiling to give everything she has if they keep on winning, but Li Gan asks if he would ever let her give away everything she has with him around.  [Ugh, puke, go away Li Gan.]  Qi Yue walks in apologizing for being late and Shen Yue greets him like he’s a big celebrity.  As he reaches the table, he immediately raises his glass to Shu Wen and his master and says he wants to toast them.  [The look on Lu Sheng’s face is telling, although XK doesn’t react – he never reacts.]  He clinks his glass against Shen Yue’s and says that from now on, they’ll be steay with the use of their twin moon combination.  [Which is a really rich comment from Qi Yue considering how much he revolted against the idea in the beginning.  I really dislike this guy.]  After everyone sits back down, Li Gan tells the room that with today’s match, they’ve proven themselves against all the doubters who thought they’d be nothing without VNG.  Intead, they’ve shown that even without using “four protect one” they can stll win and have a chance at winning the final match.  Shu Wen [always one to give proper credit where due, unlike someone else in the room] tells XK that today, he delivered on that earlier promise he’d made to her that he would give them a whole new VNG.  She then tells the others that they need to recognize and give credit to XK for making the reappearance of the twin moon combination strategy happen.  XK, on the other hand, says that much of the credit for today’s win resides with Qi Yue and second, Lu Sheng.  [Aw, love how Lu Sheng’s head pops up in surprise to hear his name.]  He also adds that without Shu Wen and Li Gan’s trust and confidence and everyone else’s cooperation, he wouldn’t be anything.  [XK, you are killing me with your modesty!  But should we really credit Li Gan with trust/confidence?  As I recall, he had none!]  He then stands up to raise his glass in cheer and as everyone else also rises to join him, Shu Wen adds her agreement that they shouldn’t ever forget: they’re a team and their goal is (everyone chimes in) the world championship title.

Still at Dream Journe, QY sends XK a congratulatory text.  She tells him that thanks to his win, she also won a glass of milk tea.  XK responds that if she won a glass of milk tea because of him, shouldn’t he receive his share too.  She responds by guessing that he’s probably out celebrating the team right now and asks how he has the time to extort milk tea out of her.  XK writes back, “As my number one fan, shouldn’t you hold up a placard to cheer me on?”  QY then suggests, “I’ll see you at our old place in an hour.”  [These flirty texts put hearts in my eyes!  And yet I would remind you all, they are not dating.  *sticks out tongue*]  After QY sends her last message, she gets to work touching up her make-up.  PX arrives just as she’s on her way out and when she notices him looking at her intently, she asks if she looks pretty today.  He then hesitates and points, and tells her she has lipstick on her teeth.  How embarrassing!  After he watches her lick it away, he asks if she’s going out on a date with XK.  She says that’s right and then he continues on.  QY calls after him and after some thought, tells him that he played pretty well today too.  This is so awkward.  He says thank you and she tells him that she’s saying it for real and really does think that he did a good job today.  When he just nods and stares at her with his patented blank face, QY tells him that she’s heading out. 

XK is riding his motorcycle when he rounds a corner and pulls off to his side.  His phone is ringing [and based on my many years of drama watching experience, let me tell you.  If you are driving your motorcycle somewhere, YOU SHOULD NEVER STOP TO ANSWER YOUR PHONE.  You should just keep driving!  I mean, there is no good that’s going to come from this call.  It’s even an unknown number and everyone knows.  YOU DO NOT ANSWER CALLS FROM UNKNOWN NUMBERS!  But of course XK does not listen to me, so . . . ] he answers the call.  When nobody responds, he looks at his phone and then answers it again asking the other person on the opposite end who they’re looking for.  Eventually, a voice replies, “XK.  It’s me.  I’m back.”  In a montage of quick flashbacks, we see who “me” is, and XK says, “Miya.”  She tells him she wants to see him and asks if he has time.  XK looks stunned, as well he should as I’m sure this was the last thing he was expecting. 

XK arrives at the lobby hotel where Miya is saying.  She walks out with sunglasses trying to avoid being noticed, but when she sees him, she takes them of.  She then smiles broadly, genuinely thrilled to see him, and he responds with a smile of his own, although it is more subdued.  Miya then continues towards him, but that’s when a crowd of fans come up to her from the side and soon they’re joined by other fans rushing in from every direction.  Their presence essentially forms a blockade between these former lovers and they’re left looking at each other from a distance – so close, yet still so far apart.  XK eventually turns and walks away.

Meanwhile, at Hellolala Pink Café, QY waits for her “not” boyfriend and doublechecks her hair and make-up since she has the time.  Their regular waiter walks over to deliver two cups of strawberry milk tea and then he notices the placard that QY has prepared for XK.  It says, “I didn’t forget my original intention, I’ll accompany you towards your moment of glory.”  [Argh, a hard phrase to translate and so clunky; it sounds cooler in Chinese.  It’s basically like saying she hasn’t forgotten her promise to keep him company on his fight to the top of the world.]  The waiter marvels over the placard and says that when QY’s “boyfriend” sees it, he’ll definitely be touched.  She protests that she’s told him before, XK’s not her boyfriend, but the waiter (like us) is no idiot.  He observes that they seem to have more than friendly feelings for each other and warns that with a handsome guy like that, she should keep her eyes on him.  [Ugh, such foreshadowing!]  Embarrassed QY shoos the waiter away and then picks up her phone to send a text. 

XK is walking somewhere when the sound of an incoming text arrives.  It’s QY who tells him that she’s already arrived and waiting for him.  He writes back an apology and tells her that something’s come up causing him to be delayed; he asks her to wait a moment.  Right at that moment, Miya arrives in the background.  She smiles when she sees him and then walks over surprising him with a back hug.  She calls out his name and tells him she’s missed him.  XK doesn’t look as happy to see her – just saying.  He turns around quickly and she asks him what’s wrong and whether she surprised him.  He tells her no, but it’s just they haven’t seen each other in a long time.  She responds that it’s been 1,820 days, that she’s been keeping count of their every day apart, and that she really hopes that number can end after today.  XK observes that she’s been advancing abroad really well and asks why Tony (her manager) would suddenly allow her to come back to advance [her career].  [Which is pretty much double speak for, “Why’d you come back?” don’t you think?]  Miya tells him that it was her own decision to come back, and then she wraps herself around him and tells him that she wants to start over with him and return to his side.  [TOO LATE!]  Tony runs in at that moment and yanks her off of XK.  He asks her what she’s doing and all Miya can say is, “Tony . . .”  XK greets him by saying it’s been a long time and Tony returns the greeting by apologizing and saying they’ll chat later.  He then tells Miya to go back with him.  Miya responds, however, that she and XK still have things to talk about and Tony reminds her that there are fans all around them.  He asks her what will happen if someone snaps a photo of them and insists she return with him.  XK chimes in and agrees that there are too many fans nearby and so urges her to go back inside.  He tells her that it just so happens he has plans to meet with someone else already anyway so he’s leaving first. 

As XK walks away, Miya calls his name.  He then flashes back to a time when he’d been reading about her contract signing ceremony on his phone.  He looks happy and proud initially, but as he keeps scrolling down the article, his expression grows more serious and I can’t help but think it’s because as he continues to read, it’s occurring to him what this news will likely mean for them.  Miya arrives at that moment wearing a face mask and when she calls out to him and starts to reach for the face mask, he stops her and tells her not to take it off.  He asks whether she won’t be recognized now that she’s so popular.  Miya takes the face mask off anyway and apologizes.  She tells him that her schedules been lately and that they might not be able to see each other for the next few months.  XK reassures her it’s okay, and tells her he’s just happy she was able to come out and meet with him today.  He takes her hand and suggests they go watch a movie, but Miya stops him and then tells him that she can’t be seen in public with him anymore.  She then says that XK knows, Tony is looking favorably upon her right now and everyone Tony has ever led has been successful.  He’s now saying he’s going to put all his efforts into guiding her, but he said . . . when she can’t bring herself to say what Tony said, XK says it for her.  “He wants you to break up with me.”  Miya hugs him and asks him what she should do.  She says that if she doesn’t have him, then everything else would be meaningless to her.  XK takes her by the shoulders and reminds her that when she was little, she’d told him she wanted to be a singer.  Now, her dreams are about to come true and she can’t let him affect her.  He tells her that one day she’ll definitely stand on the stage of her dreams and be successful.  When he takes his hands away, she grabs at them and tells him that this wasn’t what she’d intended, but he tells her, “The decision that you’re unable to make, I’ll help you.”  He then forces his hands out from under hers and starts to walk away.  Miya grabs at him and begs him not to leave, but he shoves her aside and keeps walking. 

Back in the present, XK turns around and looks at Miya and she says she’ll call him again.  XK doesn’t say anything and continues walking, while Tony grabs Miya by the hand. In the bushes, we see someone snapping photographs. 

End

Head Pat Count (episode): 0

Head Pat Count (total): 2

Fist Bump Count (episode): 0

Fist Bump Count (total): 3

Regarding the return of You-Know-Who at the end of Episode 20 . . .

Spoiler

While I have no desire to see XK reunite with Miya (Team QY all the way!) I will say that I find her to be a very sympathetic character.  Hers and XK's love sory is a tragic one, and I find that moment where he breaks up with her to be both beautiful and heartbreaking.  Beautiful because there is no greater expression of self-sacrificing love than what XK did in that moment, and heartbreaking because you know these were two people who loved and never wanted to be apart, but were forced apart due to circumstances.  But as sad as their break-up was, the reality is, life went on and the difference is, while XK moved on, Miya didn't.  That's why even though she will do things in the future that aren't exactly above the board, I can't bring myself to dislike her.  I just don't see her as a villanous type of second female lead.  Rather, her actions reek of desperation and in that respect, I actually find her to be a pitiable character.  And that's because for all that Miya has been out there in the world these past 5 years, performing in front of millions of people, her actual world sounds like it's been very small.  I daresay it's probably just Tony, her stylist, and whoever else she needs to interact with from her management company.  It doesn't sound like she has been able to have friends or socialize with people other than those with whom she works, and so it's no wonder she's clung to her memories of XK and no wonder she's trying so hard to cling to him now.  XK is literally all she has in this world. 

But sadly for Miya, and as we all know, XK already has someone else he wants to keep by his side.  And so my only hope for Miya is that one day she'll find her special someone, too. 

Sorry Guys.. I think we still have to wait awhile for more subs....The place I’m watching only have 2 episode subs :( 

@themarchioness

Yay!!! First Victory for VNG, but seriously it is so annoying that Qi Yue is named as MVP... and Li Gan, tsktsk.... this is why Shu Wen slowly became disappointed with you... you never give the credit where its due! 

LOLs Summer and YX are so cuteeeeeee. 

About Miya

Spoiler

Sigh..... I sorta understand about Miya’s desperation.... eventho I don’t agree with her way of doing things. 

XK has move on and she hasn’t... its a sad reality for her to face. 

On this episode... I really like how the camera frames their first encounter after 5 years,,, they are separated by a sea of people.. and the OST are also on point.... While I love XK and QY, I can still spare a little part in  the corner of my heart to pity the young XK and Miya... and why they broke up 5 years ago. 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Ps. I kinda like Miya's shoes here :D

Now, let me share this song again, because it is so fitting with ep 20

Sorry to hear the subs were all a false alarm.  I'm still working on the recaps, slowly but surely.  The episodes have grown in length and while that's great from a viewer's standpoint, from a recapping standpoint . . . well, let's just say I'm feeling it!  LOL.  Still, I'm committed and I love rewatching in detail so I'm pressing forward.  My calendar's a little busier this coming week (and weekend) so the recaps will likely be slow to come, but don't worry.  I'll be working on it when I can.  :)

Finally in this episode, we get an advancement in our fist bump count!!  But I'm looking forward to next ep, where we get to add to the head pats!  ;) 

Episode 22

Spoiler

Episode 21

QY is still waiting for XK at Hellolala Pink Café when the waiter finally approaches with an apology and says they need to close.  He asks if XK has replied to her yet, and answeres by apologizing and saying she’ll leave in a bit.  She picks up her phone and places a call.  XK answers with an apology and she asks if he’s alright.  He answers that something urgent came up earlier, causing him to be delayed and he never imagined it would delay him as long as it did.  He didn’t even have time to reply to her text.  He apologizes again, but she say so long as there’s nothing wrong with him, that’s all that matters.  He asks if she’s still at the café and sincerely apologizes for having let her wait for him for that long.  He offers to come pick her up, but she tells him that’s okay and reminds him that team has their rules, including a curfew, and if he makes another trip out he’ll probably be end up being late.  She lies and tells him that she’s already home and he offers to treat her to a meal some time to make things up to her.  She accepts the offer and tells him that she’ll punish him properlyt then.  She then tells him to get some rest and he says okay.  He also tells her to get some rest and bids her good-night.  After QY hangs, she looks at the placard she’d prepared for him.

Tony confronts Miya and asks if heard correctly; the reason she returned to China was because of XK.  She doesn’t deny it and Tony tells her now he understands why she insisted on using “Beyond the Sky” as the single that would mark her return.  He then reminds her, “He already dumped you,” and Miya looks at him and tells him that it was because he was trying to do the right thing for her that he let her go.  She adds that her feelings towards XK have never changed and she trusts that he must feel the same way.  Tony scoffs in reaction and Miya tells him that no matter whether he agrees this time or not, this time, she’s determined to be with XK no matter what.  Tony asks if she’s crazy and whether she’s really going to gamble everything she has right now for XK.  He asks if Miya realizes how much effort he’s put forth on her behalf and whether she’s forgotten.  Miya tells him that she hasn’t forgotten.  It was she who practiced until 2:30am every day and then got up at 6am for next schedule.  For 365 days she worked without rest, not even at New Year’s.  She points out angrily how hard a life she’s had to live and asks if anyone’s really understood.  Tony reminds her, though, that it was she who chose this path and so she has to accept it and be responsible for the sake of her fans.  He tells her that she has to maintain the image that her fans hope for and expect from her, and they don’t want her to date, which means she also doesn’t have the right to date.  Miya replies, “But I’m a person too.”  [And, okay, yeah, this is why I said in the prior post that I do feel bad for her.  It sucks.]  But Tony tells her she’s not a normal person and that she should be making the sacrifices that she makes if she wants to enjoy her popularity and limelight.  He also tells her that if XK really loves her, he wouldn’t hold her up.  He then tell her not to ruin herself and suggests that she work hard, now that she’s returned anyway, to gain a strong foothold within China.  He hands her a contract that he accepted that just that day and she takes it from him, telling him not to worry.  She’ll do her work properly, but warns that she also refuses to let go of XK this time.  She then throws down the contract and leaves, telling Tony that she’s tried.

XK is walking the streets late at night when next to him, a giant neon billboard displays Miya singing “Beyond the Sky.”  He stops and watches the screen, and listens to her song.

The next morning, Xia Ling is walking along somewhere hurriedly while looking at his phone when he stops and looks around.  It looks like maybe he’s looking for someone as eventually he finds his friends and goes over to them to ask what they’re doing and whether they’ve been helping his sister by clicking “like” [on Weibo, I would assume].  They tell him that they “like” her every day and he looks at his phone in frustration, wondering why her numbers are still so low while Qiao Xi’s are much higher.  Their friends start coughing and when Xia Ling asks what they’re looking at, he turns around and sees a girl walking past.  She smiles at him and Xia Ling stares back mesmerized.  His friends comment behind that Gu Jia Yi (the girl’s name) really is a goddess and then one of them observes that she appears to be looking at him.  That breaks Xia Ling out of his trance as he asks his friends what they’re looking at and redirects their attention back to his sister, telling them to hurry up and click “like.”  Even as he makes his friends get to work, Xia Ling turns around once more and smiles.

At Dream Journey, a crowd has gathered to watch another round of the competitions.  VNG wins and the entire room cheers, especially QY.  She tells Female Gamer, Shou Hou Zi, and Fei Mao that she’ll treat them to drinks, and then PX arrives.  She asks why he’s there and why’s not training with his team, but PX just keeps watching the screen where we see the VNG team and hear the commentators talking about the game.  He smiles sand QY asks in surprise whether she’s seeing things.  He asks her what she’s talking about and she points out he actually smiled after seeing XK [on the screen].  PX tries to deny this but QY tells him that even if he doesn’t want to admit it, she saw it clearly with her own eyes.  She asks why he would be so happy to see VNG win and PX explains that he hopes to be able to play against XK in the playoffs, as that would makes things more interesting.  QY asks why she senses a bit of “admiration” in his words and PX just looks every which way before walking off. 

QY takes out her phone and texts XK, “Congratulations on your fifth consecutive win.”  He immediately texts back his congratulations to her as well, for rising by leaps and bounds into second place in the online voting portion of the Tomorrow’s Star competition.  She comments in surprise over XK’s favorable reply and after looking it up for herself, wonders with pride and pleasure how at how she suddenly became so popular to be in second place.  She then sees Summer at the counter and runs/skips/hops over to ask if she can take two hours of leave.  He asks what she wants to do and wonders if it’s beacause she wants to deliver another game replay video to Luo Tian.  When she makes a noise of assents, he turns around surprised and impressed that she acutally managed to convince Luo Tian into being her master.  QY comments that Luo Tian always seems busy and now has to spend time watching her game replay videos.  She says she’s been wanting to find a way to thank him, but doesn’t know how.  Summer replies that apart from work, Luo Tian doesn’t have any interests.  He says to describe him in a positive light, he’s a workaholic, but to describe him in a negative light, he’s someone who’s an idiot about life.  When QY asks if he’s really like that, Summer tells her that when they were all on a team together, he even freeloaded his water bottles off of the others.  Summer’s comment gives QY an idea, and she thanks him before heading out.  After QY’s already out the door, it occurs to him that he never approved her leave but when he called out to point that out to her, she just yelled back her thanks again.  [Haha, best boss ever!]

Qiao Xin is touring GDV with Director Guo (of GDV) and kisses up to him by telling him that GDV really is different than Planet Video; it’s much more powerful.  Director Guo replies that they lack people like her at GDV; a female commentator who has both a positive image and ability.  After she replies with more kiss up comments, Luo Tian approaches in the distance and Qiao Xin calls out to him.  Director Guo asks if they know each other and Luo Tian makes a noise of assent while Qiao Xin explains that she used to go to Dream Journey to listen to Luo Tian’s game replays in order to learn from him.  Director Guo says it’s great they know each other and tells Luo Tian that Qiao Xin is one of the top contestants in the Tomorrow’s Star competition.  He tells Luo Tian if he has the time, to monitor Qiao Xin.  Luo Tian replies that Tomorrow’s Star is a professional competition so professional skills are most important.  He then tells Qiao Xin that he hopes to see her abilities during the competition.  Qiao Xin tells him not to worry as she’ll work hard, and adds, “After all, I’ve relied on only myself to arrive at this spot today.  I’m not like some people who like to cut corners and send out calls for help in every direction for more ‘likes,’ stepping on other contestants in such shady manners and also suddenly gaining a lot of favorable comments.”  [I swear, it sounds like Qiao Xin is describing herself!]  After she finishes her rant, she apologizes for having been so excised and tells them really, she’s just hoping that everyone can compete fairly.  [Which is rich coming from the person who never does anything fairly!]  Director Guo tells her not to worry as he’ll make sure to investigate this matter properly.  Qiao Xin thanks him and then Luo Tian says he still has stuff he needs to do, so Director Guo sends Luo Tian on his way.  After Luo Tian leaves, Director Guo tells QIao Xin he’ll see her off.

Luo Tian returns to his office where we see he’s annoyed and his stomach’s not feeling well.  He pops some medicine but looks around only to find that he doesn’t have any water to wash it down.  He ends up swallowing the medicine and then his phone rings.  The receptionist tells him that QY is looking for him, and he asks the receptioninst to send her to the commentators’ room to wait for him [that’s the place where they met each other for the first time].  As QY looks around the room in interest, Luo Tian walks in behind her and tells her that she should consider carefully whether she has the right to stand in that position.  QY, not understanding what he’s talking about, assumes he’s talking about her walking around the room.  She apologizes and tells him she just wanted to wait for him there.  He asks her what she wants and she tells him that to thank him for all the pointers he gave her, she prepared a small gift for him.  She then holds up a gift bag and tells him she hopes he likes it.  Rather than accepting the gift, Luo Tian asks again what is it that she really wants.  She sets the bag aside and pulls out another flash drive with her game replay presentation.  When she tries to give it to him, he holds up his hand and says he’s already watched a lot of her game replay presentations.  Today, he wants to see how she’ll do live and on the spot.  After he pulls up a game, he tells her to begin.  QY tells him that she’s not prepared and he asks whether she needs to be prepared for this.  He then tells her that if she’s not going to start, he’ll leave so QY doesn’t have any choice to begin. 

As QY starts to narrate the first match from the insider’s competition, Luo Tian tells her not to be nervous and to slow down.  She continues and Luo Tian tells her to watch her speed o fspeaking along with her intonation.  After she keeps going, he asks why he can’t sense from her performance that she has any passion for the iConquer game.  QY doesn’t know how to respond and eventually says, “I’m sorry Teacher Luo, I didn’t control well my tone,” but he cuts her off and tells her not to call him Teacher Luo.  He tells her angrily that if she doesn’t have any passion for this sport, then she doesn’t have the right to stand before him.  QY (brave girl) defends herself by saying if she didn’t love iConquer, then she wouldn’t stand before him.  He asks if that’s really the case and says that a commentator with real talents wouldn’t need to rely on sending out calls for “likes” to be promoted and QY repeats back, “Sending out calls for ‘likes?’”  She runs over to stand before him and insists she’s never done that.  She says there must be a misunderstanding somewhere and asks him for time so she can investigate.  Luo Tian merely responds by telling her that he has to get back to work.  Essentially dismissed, she tells him good-bye and leaves.  Afer she leaves, he checks out the gift bag and pulls out a water bottle.  QY has also include a note where she says, “Teacher Luo, the weather’s growing cooler, you have a bad stomach, you should drink more warm water.” 

Xia Ling is walking across campus with his friends when sees somebody in the distance and asks if that’s his sister.  His friends follow his line of vision and ask if that’s his sister.  They ask to be introduced, but Xia Ling sends them away.  He then runs over and asks QY why she came to his school.  She tells him that she came to find him and Xia Ling is surprised.  He comments that this is her first time at his school and asks if she’s hungry, offering to take her to eat something.  QY’s not there to play catch-up though.  She crosses her arms and tells him that she came to see him about one thing only, and that’s to stop doing those “pointless” things.  Xia Ling comments that she seems to have figured it all out and explains that he just wanted to help her, but QY asks if he really thought he was helping her.  She then tells him that no matter what he does, she won’t forgive them and asks if he doesn’t understand that all she wants to do is live quietly and peacefully.  Xia Ling asks, “Sis, did I do something wrong?” and QY tells him not to call her “sister” anymore.  She tells him she can handle her own affairs and asks him to take back his pity and sympathy because she doesn’t need it.  She then walks away.

XK tells his teammates to take a look at some game stats and based on that information, tells them how they should prepare for their next match.  XK tells Qi Yue to spend the next days practicing the Zhi Heng hero but he’s sitting off to the side, texting, and not paying the least bit of attention. Shen Yue pokes at him and Qi Yue asks what they want.  XK tells him that they’re discussing strategies right now and politely, but firmly, tells him to put his phone down.  Qi Yue responds that he’s listening and Shen Yue whispers to him on the side that XK wants him to practice Zhi Heng. Qi Yue says he’s got it and asks if there’s anything else. When XK looks away in annoyance and no one else says anything, he says he’s leaving then if there’s nothing else and actually leaves.  Shen Yue tells XK that if he has any instructions to give, he should just tell him and he’ll make sure to relay it to Qi Yue.  XK tells him that in the next match, they’ll use the twin moon combination again so the two of them should practice it.  Shen Yue says that’s not a problem and then XK gives up on the meeting altogether, sending everyone on their way.  Shu Wen enters the training room as everyone else exits and tells XK that she’s taken a look and for the last three matches, QY’s game stats have been unsteady.  XK obverseves that he’s had inflated sense of self lately, and Shu Wen agrees that after winning seven games in a row where he’s frequently named MVP, perhaps he has been a little big-headed lately.  She says she’ll ask Li Gan to talk to him and as for him, she tells XK to not be so uptight all the time.  She suggests he head back early to get some rest and takes her leave while telling him to relax. 

QY is at Hellolala Pink Café listening to one of her game replay explanations and feeling frustrated with herself, as she doesn’t like what she’s hearing.  XK walks up and gains her attention by snapping his finger.  She asks him why he’s there and he tells her that he came out to take a walk after finishing his training session.  As he takes his seat, he notices that her spirits seem down and asks her what’s going on.  She explains that tomorrow is the “Tomorrow’s Star” competition already; yet, when she listens to her game replay explanation it’s still a hot mess.  Whenever she listens to Luo Tian, his explanations are always filled with passion and emotion, but when it comes to her, hers just sounds like some sort of an assignment.  She tells him that she’s tried all sorts of different methods, but nothing’s worked and she doesn’t even feelin g like going tomorrow anymore.  [It’s so cute how XK looks kind of amused listening to her rambling complaints.]  XK asks her if she knows what the most important thing a person should do before a big test is, and then tells her it’s not a last minute cram session, but that they should relax.  He tells her not to listen to her game replay explanation anymore and asks to borrow her ear phones, which he plugs into her phone.  Sticking one fo the ear buds in QY’s ear, he says he’ll let her listen to his personal playlist and that he listens to this one song every time before a competition to help relieve his pressure.  He tells her it’s very effective and then adds, while pointing a finger at her, “Oh right, close your eyes.”  He then starts the song and omg, sorry.  I can never take this part seriously because while it is a very pretty song, I just have a hard time believing that a guy like him would listen to a love song duet like this – even if he is someone who likes strawberry milk tea, as he does.  LOL.  Anyway, in the middle of the song, QY opens her eyes and then XK suddenly opens his and self-conciously realizes she’s watching him.  He asks sternly, “Didn’t I tell you to close your eyes?” and so she complies with a smile as he smiles amusedly too before closing his eyes again.  {So cute!]  When the song he asks her if she feels any better and she makes a sound of assent before saying that the song is really nice.  He then tells her that so long as she lets go of her apprehension and instead has confidence in herself, concentrates, and throws herself into it, she can definitely do it.  He also tells her not to forget the promise they’d made to each other to walk the path to the top of the world together.  QY makes a noise of agreement and then after a moment’s pause, says, “Oh, by the way, JXK, there’s something I’ve actually wanted to ask you for a while now.  Actually . . . actually . . .”  She’s still mustering up her courage to say what’s on her mind when behind them, some other customers start talking excitedly and interrupt.  The one customer tells the other customer to hurry up and look, and both QY and XK look over at their table.  One customer shares that pictures were taken of Miya and a “Prince Charming” when they met up late at night by themselves, and her friend says she heard that the reason Miya returned to China this time and used “Beyond the Sky” as her single was because she wanted to win back her first love.  XK looks uncomfortable at this news and when QY notices, she asks what’s up with him and then remembers that he’s one of Miya’s diehard fans.  She asks if he’s upset to hear that Miya’s in a relationship and he says, “You just said I’m a diehard fan.  Why would I be sad?   So long as this is her choice and it makes her happy, then I would wish her happiness as well.”  He then asks what she was about to ask earlier and she finally spits out that tomorrow is the final round of the “Tomorrow’s Star” competition.  She asks, “You’ll come and cheer me on, won’t you?”  He answers, “Of course.”

Miya confronts Tony and asks if he’s behind the online rumors concerning her and Ren Xu.  [Ren Xu is someone we will never meet, but he’s apparently some famous celebrity.]  Tony tells her that Ren Xu’s popularity is currently riding high, and with her just returning home, this can only help boost her popularity.  Miya asks if he wasn’t the one who said she didn’t have the right to be in a relationship and Tony points out that it was she who met up with XK and had their photos taken.  He just tried to salvage the situation as best he could.  Miya shoots back that if their pictures were taken, then he should’ve just exposed everything, and Tony asks, “Expose who?  JXK?”  He asks Miya if she knows what kind of a person he is and points out how he is often criticized online.  He tells Miya that being with someone like that will only drag down her image, but she tells him that’s because everyone doesn’t understand XK.  She walks past Tony to take a seat and insists that XK is a person who has ability.  She also tells Tony that she’s never met anyone more enthusiastic about his profession than XK and that she’s never been embarrassed to be with a person like him.  Tony bends over and asks if she’s allowed her feelings to muddle her brain.  He points out that it’s been so many years and even if she hasn’t changed, that doesn’t mean that XK hasn’t changed.  Miya fires back that there’s no way XK would’ve changed and Tony tells her, “Fine, right now there’s a girl that he seems to be on pretty intimate terms with.  Her name’s QY.  If you don’t believe me, you can look it up yourself.”  After Tony leaves, Miya picks up her phone and starts searching.  She finds the video of QY in Vancouver dancing to one of her songs. 

At The King, XK and Sun Ge share a drink.  Sun Ge looks at the photo of Miya on a phone and, holding it out to XK, guesses that the other person in it is him.  XK just takes the phone from him, clicks it off and sets it down.  Sun Ge takes a seat across from him and comments that after all these years, the person he’s been waiting for has finally returned home.  When he sees how XK is sitting there not responding, he adds that XK shouldn’t be bothered by the rumors surrounding Ren Xu as it’s all just a cover-up anyway.  XK answers that he knows, the rumors concerning Miya and Ren Xu aren’t real, but adds that things between him and Miya aren’t what he’s (Sun Ge’s) thinking either.  Sun Ge’s surprised to hear this and asks what kind of relationship he now has with Miya.  XK explains that on that day that they met, Miya had told him that her entire reason for coming back this time was because of him (XK), and that she was also planning on staying even if that meant she had to give up her work.  XK adds a “But,” and Sun Ge asks, “You’re afraid of being a hindrance to her?”  XK shakes his head, and Sun Ge asks what he’s worried about then.  He asks if XK being single all these years and so single-mindedly focused on his competitions wasn’t because of the influence from his experiences with Miya back then; and then asks why XK can’t start over with Miya now that she’s back and actually wants to get back together with him.  Before XK can answer (if he was even planning on answering), his phone rings and they see Miya’s name pop up.  Sun Ge pats him on the knees and exits to give him the room and XK answers after a while.  Miya immediately launches into asking XK not to misunderstand as she and Ren Xu don’t have that kind of a relationship, and that it was all done by her company without her knowledge.  He tells her that he knows and that it was done to protect her image.  She thanks him for being so understanding and tells him to rest easy as this won’t happen again in the future.  She also tells him she’ll makes sure to have Tony clear things up immediately and let everyone know that the person she’s always liked is . . . and that’s when XK interrupts and tells her to not act impulsively.  He reminds her that she’s a public figure and that she has to act prudently and cautiously with every step she makes.  Miya replies that back then, for the sake of her career development, XK took the initiative and let her go.  But the more successful she became, that only allowed her to see more clearly how instead of the idol’s limelight, he was the most important person in her life.  She then asks to meet with him but he tells her it’s already late and adds that their photo has already been posted online; it’d be too dangerous if she came out now.  She asks about the next day then and tells him that she’ll be attending the “Tomorrow’s Star” competition as a special guest.  She asks if they can meet before the competition begins and asks him not to refuse her, telling him that he has to come and that she’ll be waiting for him. 

Finally, it’s QY’s turn to shine as the “Tomorrow’s Star” competition is set to begin.  YX and YY are running through the hallways as YX ask which room is it.  YY tells him it’s the make-up room and then they arrive at destination point, calling out to QY.  She comes out to greet them and asks them why they came.  YY tells her that it’s bustling with excitement outside and QY asks, “Really?”  YX describes it as a “sea of people” and tells her that all her friends from Dream Journey have come too.  QY asks, “Has JXK arrived yet?” and YY tsks in disapproval and asks why she’s so focused on him.  QY tells them that XK had told her he’d come to cheer her on and YX tells them that XK always keeps his promises, so he’s certain he’ll arrive soon.  YY sighs and says she can’t stand the both of them and asks if they’re JXK enthusiasts or something.  YX looks around and then whispers that he just heard the final winner of the competition has already been settled on Qiao Xin.  YY says that can’t be true and hits at YX, telling him to stop talking nonsense, so YX tells them that Planet Video is the biggest sponsor for the competition.  Right at that moment, a group of people round the corner.  Luo Tian can be overheard saying that he’s going to the waiting room while QY’s former boss, Director Liu, tells him that he’ll just leave things up to him.  [We don’t know what that is, as it’s literally the final sentence to what is clearly the tail end of a conversation but it looks like they’re asking Luo Tian for a favor.]  YY runs to the side so she won’t be seen and YX greets Luo Tian while QY greets Director Liu.  Qiao Xin says thank you to the people she was walking with (Luo Tian, Director Liu, and Director Guo of GDV) and says she’s heading back to the make-up room while Director Guo tells her that in a little while, he and Luo Tian will look forward to her performance.  Qiao Xin tells them not to worry as she won’t let them down, and Director Guo resonds, “That’s great,” before taking his leave with Luo Tian.  Director Liu also tells Qiao Xin to prepare well before following the others. 

After the others all disburse, YY calls QY and YX back together.  She comments that with Luo Tian, Director Guo, and Director Liu being seen together, perhaps there’s some truth to the rumors after all.  QY says that no matter what she refuses to believe it, and YY tells her that’s right.  She shouldn’t think about this stuff.  She tells her to work hard and then both she and YX call out, “QY, jia you!” as loud as possible so Qiao Xin will overear from inside the make-up room.  Right at that moment, QY’s phone signals an alert.  It’s XK who’s sent her a voicetext to apologize and let her know that something suddenly came up, and that he’ll probably be a little late.  QY replies that it’s okay and he should go do his thing.  YY asks her what’s wrong and QY tells them that XK had something suddenly come up so he’ll be a little bit late.  YX turns his head away at this news while YY confronts him asking if he hadn’t said that his “Kong Ge” always keeps his promises.  She asks how XK can dare be late to QY’s important competition and YX tries to plead on his friend’s behalf (and for the sake of his own ear) by pointing out that XK had only said he would be a little late, not that he wouldn’t come at all.  QY tells them she’s heading back in to prepare and YY tells her okay.  She adds that she and YX will be in the audience cheering her on. 

The final round of the “Tomorrow’s Star” competition begins with A Can as the host.  He explains that the final winner will be selected through the combined votes of the spectators as well as the members of the reviewing panel (made up of Luo Tian, Summer, Director Guo, and Director Liu), and that there will be two parts to this final competition.  The first round (where there are three contestants) is a Q&A session and then the contestants who answer the most questions correctly will advance to the second round where they will have to give a live commentary on stage.  A Can also explains that in addition to the four members of the reviewing panel who are already present on site, there’s also a surprise guest and that would be Miya.  YX can’t believe Miya’s there and comments that he can’t believe XK still hasn’t arrive (since he’s under the impression that XK is Miya’s diehard fan).  YY asks if XK is Miya’s fan and also comments on the fact that he’s late.  As Miya takes her seat at the judge’s table, A Can calls out a welcome to her.  Miya flips a page from the pile of papers in front of her and says, “QY.”  Director Liu leans over and says it’s quite a coincidence, but “this QY” really knows how to copy her dance moves and tells her that one time, when she was hosting a video, she came in first because she was doing a dance cover to one of Miya’s songs.  In the background, A Can announces that the competition is officially starting and that they’ll begin with the Q&A round. 

Outside the competition site, we see Xia Ling with banners of QY behind him.  He’s got flyers in his hand too and he’s asking people walking past to take a moment to vote for his sister.  Most people walk past him, not even willing to give him the time of day, but every once in a while someone will stop and help out. 

Inside the competition site, Qiao Xin is ahead of the others as she keeps beating them to the buzzer.  When she presses the buzzer first for another question, A Can (pukingly) remarks that no wonder she’s the top host for Planet Video.  When she gets another question right and explains her answer with extreme thoroughness and precision, YY says she never imagined Qiao Xin would be this good.  That’s when YX points out that every time Qiao Xin hits the buzzer, she’s able to answer the question without having to give it any thought.  He says that even a professional player like him wouldn’t be able to do that, which is why he suspects there’s something fishy going on.  YY asks if it’s possible that Qiao Xin knows all the answers already and YX points in A Can’s direction with an irrated and disgusted look on his face, which is echoed by YY.  Qiao Xin continues to hit the buzzer first every time and even Summer is starting to look concerned.  Outside, Xia Ling watches on his phone and comments that his sister needs to get to the buzzer first on the next question.  Inside, A Can starts the next question and as he’s reading it, QY tells herself that she doesn’t care anymore, next time, she’s going to hit the buzzer first and then think about the question.  That’s how when A Can finishes reading the answer options to the next question and is in the middle of inviting the contestants to press the buzzer, QY’s already hit hers.  She pauses to think and A Can reminds her that there’s a time limit for answering questions.  In the audience, YY asks why QY’s not saying anything and tells her to “jia you.”  YX mutters that this is an easy question and calls her name out in a plea.  YY says she must be thinking right now and indeed, it looks like QY’s searching through brain for the answer.  Finally she starts to answer the question by explaining her thought process and fortunately, it helps her to arrive at the correct answer.  Summer sighs in relief while YY and YX celebrate.  Xia Ling’s still asking passersby for help and when we return to the competition site, we see that QY has caught up to Qiao Xin while the third contestant is much farther behind.  A Can announces that they’re about to start their last question and currently, Qiao Xin’s in first place while QY is second with only 10 points separating them.  He then begins the last question (which starts out as, something along the lines of, “What would you do if you were in the middle of your commentary and the computer screen suddenly went black?”).  He’s still midway through reading the question when QY hits her buzzer.  A Can points out that this is a bit of a long one and asks if she’s certain she doesn’t want to hear the rest of it before answering.  He also asks whether she was so nervous her hand accidentally slipped, hitting the buzzer, which has the crowd chuckling.  Somebody asks what they’re laughing about and tells them to stop laughing [we don’t see the speaker of the voice so I’m not sure who it was who said that, but it might have been Summer based on the fact that it’s Luo Tian who speaks next].  Luo Tian comments that QY just grabbed the chance first, but now she has to think about the answer.  In the audience, YY observes that this kind of question isn’t one that can be answered with just some simple data.  It requires an actual explanation and she asks YX if it’s possible to answer correctly.  YX answers that if she’s not careful, she’ll fall into a trick question.  Back on the stage, A Can tells QY that she must answer the question within the allotted amount of time otherwise it’ll be counted as an incorrect answer. 

QY finally starts her answer and says that if she were in the middle of delivering her oral commentary and her screen suddenly went black, she would hold her ground on the commentator’s stage and do everything she could to find a way and ensure that the audience kept their focus on the competition and not make the incident worse by allowing the audience to become affected by it as well [a paraphrase, but that’s the gist of her answer].  When she finishes, A Can chuckles and says he thinks this answer is very QY.  He says he seems to recall there was a time when she was in Vancouver and she also ran into an unexpected problem, she ended up singing and dancing to solve that problem and asks if she will always use this kind fo method to solve unexpected problems.  The crowd, minus Luo Tian, laughs and YY complains that A Can’s just trying to bury QY.  Director Liuo whispers to Director Guo that she was just lucky, while Director Gui shakes his head in dissatisfaction over what he’s hearing.  QY answers back that the easiest method [of dealing with the problem] would be to verify and inform the audience of the reason for the blackened screen, but that would also break their focus from the competition so if it were her, she would, to the best of her abilities, raise the spirits and comfort the audience [Luo Tian nods] because the whole point of being a commentator isn’t just to analyze quickly and accurately describe what’s taking place on screen in the computer game, but to also know how to serve as a bridge between the audience and the competition even in the event of an unexpected occurance so that the audience will be able to continue watching the competition with excitement and enthusiasm.  [Did the best I could with translating her answer, but pretty sure that’s the gist of it at least.]  A Can asks QY if she’s done with her answer, and when she says she is, he announces that the correct answer was: Shift the audience’s mood and continue with the oral commentary as if nothing has happened – which means, QY answered the question correctly!  Woohoo!  [Not that we ever doubted she wouldn’t knock the answer out of the park.]  The crowd cheers and I love how Summer gives her a thumbs up.  He asks Luo Tian what he thinks and says, “Not bad, huh?  I just knew she was someone with potential.”  Back on stage, A Can announces that with this last question QY and Qiao Xin are now tied and both will be advancing to the final round of the competition where they will be going head to head with their gam replay explanations. 

Miya walks backstage and arrives outside of the make-up room where she overhears QY practicing her upcoming greeting to the audience.  After QY runs through it one time, she exhales audibly and tells herself she can’t be like this; she’s too nervous.  She then instructs herself to do it again, which causes Miya to flashback to a time when she’d done something similar.  She was sitting on a stage practicing an introduction where she gives the audience her name and tells them that this is her first public performance.  She trips up at, “I hope,” and starts making revisions on paper to her speech.  That’s when XK arrives with a coffee delivery.  He asks her what she’s writing and she responds by snatching up her notebook and asking him what he’s looking at.  She sends him to sit in one of the front row seats and after she turns her attention back to her notebooks, he asks, “Do you know when you’re the prettiest?”  She smiles and asks, “When?” and he tells her, “When you’re being serious.”  She throws a paperball at him and calls him annoying, as she’s really nervous right now.  He smiles and unfolds the paper where he’s amused by what he reads.  He starts reading aloud her discarded speech and Miya ends up chasing after him, trying to get it back.  She stumbles at one point and ends up in his lap where she asks if he thinks she’ll be successful.  He answers confidently that with all her hard work, she will definitely succeed.  The flashback ends with XK telling her not to be nervous tomorrow. 

Back in the present, Miya smiles and walks away.  A second later, XK arrives from the opposite direction and stands at the door to the make-up room where he says, “I’m sorry I’m late.”  Miya hears his voice and turns back around just in time to watch him enter the make-up room.  She returns slowly towards the make-up room and overhears XK congratulating QY on winning the first round of the competition.  XK asks QY to tell him all about it and asks if the competition was especially thrilling.  QY nods her head yes and adds that it was fortunate she had received advice and pointers from “Teacher Ji” as it gave her the confidence to go after the buzzer time and time again.  XK replies that with confidence and her hard work, he looks forward to her second round of the competition.  QY tells him that the second round will be where she gives a live oral commentary and says “If you have the time, you’ll go and cheer me on, right?”  XK responds matter of factly, “The whole reason I came was to watch you in your competition!  Would you say I have the time?”  He then tells her he won’t keep her from her preparations for the next round anymore and that he’s going to go find YX and the others.  QY agrees and says she’ll see him in a little bit.  He tells her to “jia you” and FIST BUMP. 

The entire time they’re talking, Miya watches in disbelief from outside.  She’s about to take one step forward and that’s when Tony arrives and whisks her away.  She orders him to let go and Tony reminds her that she’s a special guest right now.  He asks her to focus on her work and Miya responds instead that QY’s smile and hardworking nature are just like how she was five years ago.  She adds that if XK really does like her, then it’s because he found in QY, traces of her and says, “I just knew XK’s heart has always had me in it.  I need to go find him.”  Tony yanks her back and tells her to hurry up and wake-up to reality.  He shares that XK already came to find him earlier and he wanted Tony to pass on that she should forget him.  He says to Miya, “Hurry up and come to your senses, won’t you?”

End

Head Pat Count (total): 2

Fist Bump Count (episode): 1

Fist Bump Count (total): 4

On 7/20/2019 at 8:09 AM, lynne22 said:

Yay!!! First Victory for VNG, but seriously it is so annoying that Qi Yue is named as MVP... and Li Gan, tsktsk.... this is why Shu Wen slowly became disappointed with you... you never give the credit where its due! 

It seriously kills me every time Li Gan walks in to praise QY and then Shu Wen has to make a specific point of saying something complimentary to XK.  Is Li Gan so blind as to not recognize where the credit should go to or is just that stubborn that he refuses to give credit where it should go to?  I swear with every episode, any respect I had for Li Gan drains a little more . . . <_<  Qi Yue may be annoying and easy to dislike, but I think what bothers me most about Li Gan is he doesn't have to be this way.   He can and should be better than he behaves, which is why I end complaining about him so much whereas I just write off a character like Qi Yue as a lost cause.  Haha.

As for Miya, she totes has cute shoes!!!  

Spoiler

Also, do you ever wonder what they'd be like now if they hadn't broken up 5 years ago?  Would their relationship have withstood the test of time and her career and fame?  Would he have reached this point of his career with her around?  Of course I hope they would be happy, but given XK's (at times, overly) generous and self-sacrificing nature, I kind of fear he would've put himself on the back burner so for his sake, it was probably a good thing that they separated when they did.

@themarchioness 

Spoiler

Would their relationship have withstood the test of time and her career and fame?

Sigh... Realistically speaking, their relationship will be very hard to maintain, her job is too demanding and sooner or later she will be forced to make to make a decision..... XK just took the decision to broke up out of her hand. 

Soooo many emotions in this episode.  I don't even know where to begin!  I guess I'll just let you all get to the recaps first and then I'll share some thoughts in the end -- additional thoughts that didn't already make it into the recap.  ;)  Also, note today's head pat and fist bump counts.  When you see that both grow by 2, you know it's going to be a great episode!  Haha.

Episode 22

Spoiler

Episode 22

The second round of the “Tomorrow’s Star” competition begins and while A Can congratulates the finalists once more on making it to the final round, YX whispers to XK (who’s joined them in the audience) that Miya is present at today’s competition and points her out at the judge’s table.  XK nods his head back like, “Oh, that’s great, I see her,” even though he already knew she’d be there.  On the stage, Qiao Xin is invited to give her game commentary first.  She begins and as she’s talking about PX versus Lu Sheng, we know she’s commenting on the game between Legends and VNG (the one that saved VNG from dropping out of the competition for good, where Qi Yue and Shen Yue pulled off the twin moon combination strategy for the first time, and Lu Sheng experienced his breakthrough moment).  As Qiao Xin delivers her commentary, QY looks out nervously to the audience.  XK nods his at her as if to say, “You’ve got this,” and she returns the nod.  Director Liu, meanwhile, asks Director Guo what he thinks and he replies that Planet Video really developed a talent and he has a feeling she may one day become the female version of Luo Tian.  Director Guo then calls down to Luo Tian and asks what he thinks.  Luo Tian answers that’s he’s not bad, while Summer looks on in annoyance, and then Director Guo asks Miya for her thoughts.  Miya answers that she brought with her the mindset of a student today, as she really doesn’t know anything about commenators, but given what she’s seen so far, it does seem like Qiao Xin’s pretty good.  Qiao Xin finishes her textbook perfect commentary and I love how out of the entire crowd, it’s the row with YY, YX, XK, and QY’s friends from Dream Journey who aren’t clapping.  A Can steps up to the stage and thanks Qiao Xin for her performance.  He asks the audience if they thought her commentary was great and we see people responding with votes of support while YY and YX – the bestest friends ever – yell out, “She wasn’t great!”  They’re so loud even Directors Liu and Gu, 326 to 297 (which is really not that much, actually, considering how large the audience is and the fact that QY has yet to go). 

It’s QY’s turn now as she takes front and center.  Her friends can tell she’s nervous so they call out, “jia you” while XK adds, “Don’t be nervous!” and holds up his fists in support.  QY finally begins and what’s immediately noticeable about her commentary is how much more animated she speaks.  She also infuses excitement and ancitipation into the commentary by explaining how this is a critical game for VNG and that they must be under a lot of pressure, but in spite of that, they’ve decided to make a big change by appointing Lu Sheng to the mid-solo position.  The first match is already done, and so now she tells the audience they look forward to seeing what will happen in the second match.  She then begins talking about what’s happening in the game and if you will all remember, YX was taken out almost immediately during that game, so now she talks about that and asks what’s going on.  [It’s cute how the minute she mentions his name, YY looks at YX and he sits up proudly in his seat in the audience.]  She points out how YX has headed to some area in the game and that it looks like VNG had guessed from the get-go that YX would go there, so now they’re fighting and have VNG has brought YX under their control.  As QY continues, we see her friends’ reaction in the crowd.  YX can’t stop whispering with YY and XK nods his head at what he’s hearing.  When she finishes describing what’s taking place on the screen, the crowd claps and cheers and YX yells out that she’s great.  XK also looks immensely pleased while at the judge’s table, Luo Tian continues his usual sedate expression and Miya looks anything but thrilled.  QY’s not done though, she asks the audience if they’re familiar with the strategy they just saw, and then tells them they’re correct; it’s the previous twin moon combination.  She then adds that in the entire league, there’s probably only the one person who would dare to bring back an abandoned strategy for such a critical game, and that’s VNG’s new team leader, who’s famous (in a positive way) for being a master at battlefield swindles, JXK.  [The pleased and proud expression on XK’s face will absolutely gut you, just as YX directly applauding him to his face will make you laugh.  Qiao Xin looks less happy, and Miya also looks discomfited.]  QY continues by explaining to the audience that JXK used the price of a one dollar annual salary to transform VNG while carrying all the pressure of needing to turn around the team’s performance on his head.  This led him to reboot the team with the use of the twin moon combination, while living up to VNG’s slogan, “Sheng Er Wu Wei, Yi Wang Wu Qian” (Live and Be Fearless, Press Forward with an Indominable Will).  Then she tells the audience that with this game, “He achieved that.  He created a whole new VNG.”  [The crowd claps and YX’s expression is everything I always feel whenever I listen to QY’s speech.  I swear, it’s not just a sports commentary.  It’s a love letter to JXK, and if he’s not already in love with her at this point, I don’t know how he couldn’t be in love with her after this.  But as amazing as her speech has been so far, she’s not done!]  QY then adds, “The hope we carry in our heart, pressing forward with an indomitable will, the only thing we can do is accompany you to the top of the world.”  [Actually, Mandarin doesn’t use nouns/pronouns a lot of times, which is the case here, so I’ve had to impute them into her speech and hope I’ve done so correctly.  As an example, “the hope we carry in our heart,” translated literally would be more like, “the hope in heart.”]  As XK watches and listens to her, we get a flashback to that night in Episode 14, where he’d rejected an offer from a foreign team and explained to her how he’d come to be a pro gramer and why he was determined to win the world championship as Chinese team member.  In the flashback, she says to him, “I believe that you will one day stand at the top of the world,” and replies, “Then I hope when that day comes, it’s you who’s standing on the commentator’s stage.”  The scene cuts back to the present, and XK’s voiceover continues, “And declares to the entire world that a Chinese team who won the world championship title.”  Right at this moment, Miya also thinks to herself, “Does QY really understand you this well?  XK, how much have I missed of what’s happened in your life?”  She smies as she claps in applause, and the audience cheers as well.  Summer leans over to Luo Tian and says he almost cried and that if there hadn’t been so many people present, he would have.  Director Guo comments that QY’s not bad, but he thinks Qiao Xin is better suited for GDV’s style.  Luo Tian and Miya return noncommittal looks while YY cries out from the audience that QY is the best and their entire row claps.  QY then thanks everyone and announces that her commentary is complete. 

A Can steps out onto center stage he thanks QY for her commentary and says it was exciting.  He then invites Qiao Xin to join them front and center and announces that he has the final results from the audience votes.  Qiao Xin is still slightly ahead of QY, which YX can hardly believe, but A Can reminds everybody that nothing’s settled yet as there are still the final votes from the judge’s.  Each of their votes is worth 100 votes, so whoever gets the most votes from the judges will end up the final winner.  Directors Guo and Liu hold up blue paddles for Qiao Xin immediately and without any hesitation.  A Can asks Summer who he’s going to vote for and he asks for the microphone so he can say, “QY, you were great,” before holding up a red paddle.  YX cries, “Summer Brother, I love you,” while XK yells, “Summer Brother, Nice!”  A Can then turns things over to Luo Tian who says that before he announces his vote, he has something to say first.  He says that with respect to Qiao Xin’s speech, he really couldn’t find any errors.  As he continues to explain how perfect her commentary was, YY and YX ask what’s going on and whether he’s really going to vote for Qiao Xin, while XK looks nervously on.  Luo Tian then moves on to discuss QY’s commentary and says that if you look at it from the details and particulars, you can how she still lacks experience.  This causes YY to object as she complains that QY clearly peformed well and asks where QY showed a lack of experience.  YX responds that Luo Tian really is too strict.  A Can then asks Luo Tian if it is his professional opinion that Qiao Xin was slightly better, and Luo Tian responds that to be a professional, it’s not just skills that are important but there’s attitude too.  He explains that commentators are supposed to serve as a bridge between the audience and the sport.  Therefore, if the commentators themselves are not able to bring out their passion for the sport, he asks how the audience will be able to come to appreciate the sport.  [It’s worth nothing that as he speaks, Qiao Xin looks so pleased with herself, figuring she’s got this in the bag.]  He then turns around to the audience and says if there’s anybody who’s interested in joining this profession, they should keep in mind, if they don’t have faith or a sense of mission, then they shouldn’t bother stepping into this profession otherwise it’ll be a bumpy and difficult road.  [YY asks what this means and Summer also looks unhappy as everyone is convinced Luo Tian is voting against QY.]  Luo Tian says this is why they created the “Tomorrow’s Star” competition in the first place [to which the two directors nod their head] to pick the person who really loves and has passion this profession.  Everyone claps, QY looks defeated, and Luo Tian says, “So that’s why, this vote goes to QY.”  The crowd explodes while the directors react in disbelief.  YX comments that they’re equal now and XK has the sweetest look of happiness on his face.  QY reacts by giving him a FIST BUMP from the stage (which totally counts for the fist bump count, evne if he can’t return it) and the directors whisper about what they should do now.  Luo Tian’s still talking in the background though and he says that he could tell from QY’s speech that she really has passion for this sport.  QY thanks him and says she’ll continue to work hard, and now we’re at Miya – the final vote.  Everything comes down to her and the question is, will she vote for QY because that would be the right thing to do or will she vote against QY because she knows about her relationship with XK? 

Miya thinks to herself, “XK, are you trying to find my reflection in her?”  And then she holds up her microphone and says she has a friend who really loves this computer sport.  [YX turns and asks XK, “She also has a friend in the esports circle?”]  Therefore, she’s known about this sport for a long time.  But at the same time, she’s never thoroughly understood or appreciated the difficulties that these athletes experience.  She says that it wasn’ t until today, after she heard the commentaries, that she realized in the background, there is actually a lot of bitterness and difficulties, so they really do deseve all the glory and honor.  She then thanks the contestants for allowing her to understand within such a short amount of time how China also has a group of brave athletes, and says that’s why her vote goes to QY.  The row of QY supporters stand up in glee and Xia Ling also cheers from outside the site where he’s watching on his phone.  The directors look defeated [which they should.  Even with Qiao Xin cheating, she still couldn’t win!] and A Can congratulates QY for being named the victor of the competition and Qiao Xin the runner-up.  [I can only laugh at the look exchanged between A Can and QIao Xin].  Director Guo steps up to the stage to hand QY her trophy and welcome her to GDV where she’ll be Luo Tian’s partner on stage. 

Outside the competition site, the banners Xia Lin had set up for QY fall over when a gust of wind blows past.  One of them blows out into the middle of the street and when he rushes out to fetch it, a car comes along and hits him. 

Inside the competition site, QY waits for Miya to finish with a crowd of fans before running over to greet Miya and thank her for her vote.  Miya tells her that it was her performance that was worthy of her vote and QY tells her that she’s always liked her music, especially her latest single, “Beyond the Sky,” and says that whenever she hears it, she feels like she’s experiencing a first love.  Miya tells her that he was her first love and then they share a laugh while Miya hands her a signed CD of her single.  After QY thanks her, Miya tells her that next week she’s having a news conference for the single and asks if she would be willing to come.  QY says of course she’s willing to go, but she wasn’t able to get tickets to the event.   Miya tells her not to worry as she’ll leave her the best seats and she can even come find her backstage before the event.  QY can hardly believe her good fortune as the thanks Miya and then a photographer comes along and offers to take a picture of them together. 

QY races out of the competition site and meets up with her friends.  YY greets her with a hug and tells her she was awesome today.  YY also goes in for a hug as he tells her she was amazing, while YY pushes him back and asks if QY is someone he can hug just because he wants to.  YX says that’s not it and explains that her commentary just now was too amazing and too moving.  He says if anyone talked that he would marry them immediately.  YY mutters what kind of a mismatched coupling this is and orders him to the side, while YX tells her that’s not it, he was just trying to helps his Kong Ge express what was I his heart.  This time it’s XK who pushes YX to the side as he tells QY to come, and let him touch/experience the spirit of a competition winner.  HEAD PAT.  He tells her that she simply stunned the entire audience today, and then suggests that they all go to their usual place to celebrate.  The others quickly agree and as they all run off, Tony takes pictures of them with his phone.

At the barbecue restaurant, XK toasts QY for winning the “Tomorrow’s Star” competition and becoming GDV’s newest intern.  Everyone joins in while YY claims QY to be the best.  QY tells them that she feels like she’s still in a dream and YY says she’s not surprised to hear that.  She tells them that when Luo Tian was announcing his pick, her heart was racing but fortunately, right at the critical moment, there was a twist in fate.  QY points out, however, that it wasn’t just Luo Tian who helped her but Miya.  She can hardly believe that a big star like her would not only listen seriously to her commentary but also vote for her.  She then shows them how Miya even gave her an autographed single [while XK looks incredibly uncomfortable].  Both YX and YY exclaim over the gift while YY reads the title from the CD.  She then tellls them that she heard Miya wrote this song for her first love and YX says he heard that as well.  They then try to think of his name, and finally YX comes up with Ren Xu, to which YY says he’s correct.  YX tells them that after Miya became famous, she dumped him, and QY asks why she feels like that song wasn’t written for Ren Xu.  She says that one the one hand, the song feels like it was written for a sweetheart, but on the other hand, it feels like written for a family member.  It feels like they went through a lot and relied on each other, and kept each other warm.  YX replies that he doesn’t care how she feels about it, because he feels bad for Miya’s first love observing how in order to release a single, she used him for entertainment; he pities the first love.  He then asks if XK wouldn’t agree with him, and XK tells them to stop gossiping and reminds them that they’re supposed to be there to celebrate QY.  He tells them to eat and so everybody digs in with YY telling QY to eat more meat. 

Miya hands two tickets to her assistant and asks her to send them to QY, so that QY will come find her backstage before the news conference.  Tony walks in and Miya asks if he will now tell her.  Tony motions to the assistant who reads the cue to and tells Miya that she’ll go and mail the tickets.  After the assistant leaves, asks what XK really said to him because she refuses to believe what he (Tony) told her earlier.  She says that XK promised her that he’d meet with her today and asks if Tony interfered.  Tony tells her it was actually the opposite, XK came to find him.  In a flashback, we see how Tony had walked up to XK and told him to hold up, as Miya was busy.  He said that if XK had anything to say, he should say it to him instead.  Instead of objecting, XK had replied that was fine, as it was Tony he’d come to see anyway, not Miya.  Tony sends the assistant away and asks what it was that XK wanted to say to him. He asks whether XK wants to tell him that he and Miya are in love and ask him not to interfere in their relationship.  Tony then tells him that’s not possible, because everything that Miya has right now has been earned through countless amounts of effort.  He tells XK he refuses to allow him to ruin MIya.  As it turns out, however, XK responds that they’re of one mind on this.  He explains that before Tony became Miya’s manager, he’d witnessed the countless number of times she would fail but still work hard, how she’d practice dancing until she became injured, how she’d practice singing until she became hoarse but still wouldn’t rest.  He knows this is something every one in her shoes must experience, but he remembers how any time there was opportunity for a performance, even if it was in the middle of winter, she’d still go out there in thin clothing and dance for even an entire day if that’s what it took.  XK says these are things she did out of years of holding onto a dream, so he also doesn’t have the right to let her give it all up.  Tony asks, “Then you’ve never thought…” and XK tells him that on the day they broke up, he knew then that in the future, they’d belong to two different worlds.  He then asks Tony to pass on that the happy times they previously spent together, were the best gift two people could give each other.  She should forget the past and focus on living well in the present, and he in turn, would wish her well.  

After relaying the message, Tony tells Miya that XK was right; they haven’t belonged to the same world for a long time already.  He also points out how XK has never thought about getting back together with her, but Miya shakes her head and refuses to give up.  She takes XK’s words to mean that he’s just thinking of her and trying to help her achieve her dreams to the best of her abilities.  She then says that the more he talks like that, the more she can’t give up on him.  She tells Tony that she wants to go find him, and he pulls her back asking her what she’s trying to do.  He reminds her of all the reporters waiting outside her doors and asks if she won’t be satisfied until she’s dragged XK into this.  He orders her to sit down and when she finally does, she tells Tony that she and XK used to be very poor.  Poor to the point where they couldn’t even afford to eat instant noodles.  It was XK who worked multiple jobs on an empty stomach to support her.  It was also him who went and begged the management company to give her a chance.  She points out that if it wasn’t for him, there wouldn’t be the Fu Miya that exists today.  That’s why she’s willing to do anything to bring him back.  She then tells Tony that she hopes he’ll support her, but he asks her to stop persisting in her one-sided wishes.  He tells Miya that XK already has someone else he likes.  When Miya shakes her head, he says he’ll be frank with her.  He then points out how XK didn’t go backstage to find her today, but instead went to the competition site to cheer on QY.  He says that XK has already made his choice and then shows her a picture of XK with QY at the barbecue restaurant where they’re celebrating QY’s victory, and tells her to take a look at it for herself. 

Back at the restaurant, YX asks what they’re doing to do next and YY responds, “What else is there to do?  We’ll each go back to our own homes.”  YX asks if they’re really going their separate ways after this as he had been hoping to invite her, and then he quickly corrects himself to say everyone, to karaoke.  XK reacts in surprise by YX’s display of generosity today, and YX responds by asking through gritted teeth what day is he not generous.  QY joins in the teasing by asking if he wants to invite them or YY.  YX responds that of course he wants to treat everyone, and asks why he would want to invite just YY.  YY agrees while XK and QY share amused smiles.  YY asks why she would want to go singing with YX and he reminds her of that other time and how happy she was.  YY then asks if he’ll die if he talks less, and QY leaves them to their side conversation by turning to XK addressing him directly.  She thanks him and says if it hadn’ been for him, she probably wouldn’t be able to win the competition.  That’s why… before she can finish what she was about to say, his phone rings.  She takes out a gift back in the meantime and YY exclaims over it when she sees it.  We see from XK’s phone that it’s Miya who’s calling, and he excuses himself from the others to take the call.  YY comments that he’s being awfully secretive just to answer one phone call and asks YX who it could be.  YX says he doesn’t know, but even if he did know, he wouldn’t say.

XK takes the call from Miya.  She says she’s flying out tonight and would like to meet with him alone.  She then tells him that she’s directly across from him, and when he looks up, he sees her in her van outside.  XK tells her that anything he has to say to her, Tony should’ve already told her by now.  But Miya says that she doesn’t believe them, and if it’s true that XK really doesn’t want to get back together with her, she wants to hear him say it in front of her.  XK says he understands and hangs up.  He then goes back to the table where he apologizes and says something suddenly came up so he has to leave first.  He asks YX to send them home and QY tells XK that’s okay, if he has something to do, then he should go see to it.  XK remembers that she was about to say something to him earlier, but just as she starts to tell him that she has a present, her own phone rings.  She apologizes and when she picks it up, she sees it’s Xia Ling calling her.  YY encourages her to answer reminding her that Xia Ling has been continuously trying to help her win votes, which is not an easy thing to do, so QY answers her phone.  Except it’s her father who’s on the other end of the phone who asks why, if she was going to participate in a competition, she had to drag in her younger brother too.  He asks if she knows Xia Ling’s been involved in a car accident and that right now, they’re trying to save him.  QY stands up in shock as she asks what’s going on.  She asks what hospital they’re at, and when the others hear this, they stand up as well.  She hangs up and tells her friends that she has to go to the hospital.  XK tells her not to panic and that he’ll take her.  He tells YX to see to the tab and then they take off with YY muttering that she’ll go with them.  YX calls her back and says that the two of them going will be enough.  As QY races out of the restaurant, XK has to catch her to lead her in the correct direction of his motorbike.  Miya can only look on from her van.  As XK hands her the extra helmet, he tells her to not be anxious and take things slowly.  He then hops on his bike as QY tells him to hurry.  As he rides off, he looks in Miya’s direction. 

At the hospital, QY runs to find her father and stepmother.  When she sees them, she asks what’s going on with Xia Ling, and her stepmother turns around and slaps her while asking how QY dares to show her face there.  XK catches her [swoon!] while her father steps in to ask his wife how she could hit her.  She reminds them that her son is inside and tells QY that if anything happens to him, she’ll never let her go.  XK tries to help out by telling her that they can understand her feelings given the current situation, but she should calm down too.  QY’s father also adds that no matter the degree of fault, she shouldn’t hit people.  Stepmom’s still fuming, but a doctor comes out at that moment and tells them that the patient needs a blood transufion but the hospital’s blood bank is low on Type A blood.  QY’s father can’t believe that a hospital as big as theirs wouldn’t have the extra blood on hand and asks what kind of a joke they’re playing, while Xia Ling’s mother asks what they should do.  She asks the doctor to think of something and that’s when QY steps forward and says her blood is Type A.  She tells the doctor to take her blood.

YY and YX walk home together and YX tells YY not to worry since XK is with QY, but YY tells him that with Xia Ling involved in such a big accident, QY will definitely feel responsible.  She then tells YX she’ll tell him the truth and starts to explain QY’s family dynamics.  Originally, they were neighbors and their relationship was very close.  Xia Ling would often to go to QY’s house to eat and the two of them really were like siblings.  YX asks why their relationship is currently so strained then, and YY explains that not long after QY’s mother died, her father married Xia Ling’s mother.  YX asks if she’s suggesting that before QY’s mother died, there was already something going on with her father and Xia Ling’s mother.  YY hits him for even raising the notion and tells him that they don’t know the details of what really happened.  YX agrees and YY continues her story by saying that QY’s always been the stubborn type and couldn’t get along with Xia Ling’s mother.  Her father ended up stuck between them and more often than not, would end up siding with Xia Ling and his mother.  That’s why after QY got into college, she ended up moving out of her house and broke off her relationship with her father.  YX reacts in surprise when he hears this and YY sighs.  She tells YX that Xia Ling has always been a sensible kid and has always believed that it was him and his mother who ruined QY’s relationship with her father.  That’s why he’s always trying to find ways to do nice things for QY.  As for QY, YY says it’s not that she doesn’t know about Xia Ling’s efforts, it’s just that she can’t bring herself to forgive her father and even more than that, can’t bring herself to forgive Xia Ling’s mother, which is why she always treats Xia Ling with such coldness.  YX observes, however, that given QY’s reaction to today’s news, that means she still cares about her little brother very much.  YY sighs in frustration over the entire situation.

Back at the hospital, where it’s almost 5:30am, XK pours a cup of tea and carries it to QY.  He tells her she just donated blood earlier and needs to replenish her nutrients.  She tries to refuse the tea, but he tells her to listen to him and makes her drink it.  After she finishes, she observes that Xia Ling’s been inside for an entire night already and asks why he hasn’t come out already.  XK tries to console her by telling her to not worry as he’s sure everything will be alright.  He then reminds her that she’s supposed to report to GDV in a little bit and as it’s her first day, she shouldn’t be late.  He tries to send her on by promising to stay in her place, but QY refuses to leave before Xia Ling comes out.  She tells XK that he was injured outside the entrance of her competition site and it was all for the sake of trying to get more votes on her behalf.  She asks how she could’ve treated him the way that she did after he was so earnest in his actions towards her.  She tells XK how she even went to his school to yell at him and XK tries to comfort her guilt by pointing out she didn’t do it on purpose.  He also tells her that once Xia Ling’s awake, she can talk things over with him then.  He again tells her not to worry as Xia Ling will definitely be okay.  At that moment, the head doctor comes out.  Xia Ling’s mother asks how her son is and he tells them that Xia Ling has a slight concussion and the bone in his right leg is fractured.  He went into shock when he lost an excessive amount of blood, but they were able to rescue him.  Now they’ll keep him under observation in the hospital.  The doctor turns to walk away and as QY’s father follows to thank him, Xia Ling’s mother pushes at QY and tells her it’s all her fault.  XK tries to keep her back as he asks her to calm down and QY’s father rushes in to intervene.  XK points out that QY feels equally bad as her, but Xia Ling’s mother doesn’t want to hear it and tells them to leave.  At that moment, the nurses and orderlies bring Xia Ling out.  As his mother and QY run alongside his hospital bed, QY begs him to wake up. 

After a while, QY and XK walk out of the hospital.  He tells her that her car’s there already and she should hurry and get in.  Before she gets on though, she says she has a question for him and asks whether Xia Ling’s leg fracture will affect his ability to play basketball in the future.  XK tells her to not worry as Xia Ling’s still young, so he should be able to recover quickly.  He then tells her that it’s late already so she should hurry up and report to GDV.  As he walks her to the cab and opens the door, she turns and thanks him, and then remembers that he has a competition later that night.  She points out he didn’t sleep all night and says it’s all her fault.  He tells her not to worry and that he’s okay.  He also points out he can take a short nap once he reaches the competition site’s waiting room, so he’ll be fine, and adds that he’s more worried about her.  He tells her to find time to get some rest and that maybe tonight, he’ll be able to see her next to Luo Tian giving the commentary for tonight’s game.  He tells her to “jia you” and holds up his fist -  FIST BUMP   and then sends her on her way.

At GDV, Luo Tian and Qiao Xin are walking together.  She tells him thank goodness he was able to react as quickly as he did during their program just now as she almost said the wrong thing.  Luo Tian replies that her performance was pretty good, but she should beef up on her knowledge base.  At that same moment, QY runs in.  Qiao Xin asks how she can only be arriving just now and says that Luo Tian has already been waiting for her for half a day.  She also asks if QY knows their program was almost cut.  QY apologizes and says something came up that delayed her, but Luo Tian doesn’t want to hear her apologies or her excuses and points out how professional athletes will attend competitions even when they’re sick because that’s what they should do as professionals and competitors.  As sports commentators, they should be the same.  He then tells her that being on time is one of the basic principles and she shouldn’t think that just because she won a competition, she can relax as she doesn’t have that right yet.  There’s really nothing QY can say or offer in response to that, so she just promises that in the future, she’ll never be late again.  Qiao Xin scolds her by saying that from Planet Video to GDV, she hasn’t changed in her undisciplined attitude towards work.  [Which is really rich coming from that quarter.  How does she not immediately combust into flames when she says stuff like that????]  She then says that it’s a good thing she was present today, as she was able to take QY’s place for the pgoram otherwise the program really would’ve met with an accident.  QY asks, “You substituted for me?”  And Qiao Xin tells her that’s right, as Planet Video and GDV have reached a strategic agreement to work together which means that from today, she is also an intern commentator for GDV.  Luo Tian checks the time on his watch and then walks over to a guy named, Xiao Zheng.  He tells Xiao Zheng to take the lead on guiding QY from now on and Qiao Xin tries to stifle her amusement as she listens to Luo Tian basically turn over all menial tasks to QY and have her start from the bottom up in her training.  After they leave, QY greets Xiao Zheng formally but he just sighs and observes how QY has gone from being Luo Tian’s new partner to joining him at his low level of gathering materials.  He then tells her to follow along as the competition’s about to begin.  [Poor QY.  She’s gone from the top of the world, finally, to back to where nothing ever seems to go right.]

It’s Qiao Xin who sits next to Luo Tian for that evening’s competition.  I’m trying not to puke as she waxes on about Qi Yue’s accomplishments and how he may end up having the most MVP titles, and then I’m struggling not to roll my eyes and gnash my teeth when the camera pulls back and we see how she has to get all her information from QY who’s sitting on the floor, looking up matierals, and holding them up as prompts for her.  QY would’ve been embarrassed to need something like that, and yet she’s the undisiciplined one.  *rolls eyes*  After the competition is over, Xiao Zheng tells her she did a good job today and encourages her to keep working hard before taking his leave first.  XK then walks up to her and asks why she didn’t explain the reason for her tardiness to Luo Tian.  QY responds that whether she gives an explanation or not, the end result is the same and her being late was her mistake.  She then tries to make the best of the situation by pointing out that there are still areas in which she’s lacking, so if she really did step into the commentator’s box, there would always be the possibility that she would really mess up.  She decides to use this opportunity to learn and grow her knowledge base.  She then points out that she’s already entered GDV, so they should’t be afraid that she won’t have future opportunities.  When XK just stares at her not knowing what to say, she tells him not to worry and that she’ll adjust herself properly.  XK finally tells her that he knows; she’s an unbeatable little force.  But he also reminds her that her bones aren’t made of steel either, so she shouldn’t try and fight all her battles by herself.  QY looks like she’s about to cry after hearing such words of warmth and understanding from him, but she tells him that she really doesn’t like being a bother to other people.”  She reminds him that it’s because of her that Xia Ling’s still lying in a hospital bed.  She then tells XK that actually, when they were sitting outside the emergency room, all she could think about was images from their childhood.  She says that, in her heart and from a long time ago, she’d already accepted him as her younger brother.  But these past few years, whenever he came to find her, she would yell at him; and the nicer he was towards her, the angrier she would be and the less she’d want to have anything to do with him.  QY asks how she could be this cold-hearted and vicious.  XK reaches out tenderly and calls her a fool, and tells her to stop belittling herself because she’s the strongest, most kind-hearted, cutest person he’s ever met.  He then gives her a hug and pats her head [I’m totes counting these types as a HEAD PAT too] and tells her not to cry anymore. 

Later that evening, QY arrives outside Xia Ling’s hospital room where she overhears him sharing a video of her competition with her father.  He tells his dad that they really shouldn’t blame his injury on QY and besides, he adds, she’s so amazing he’s actually really proud of her.  Xia Ling notices her then and asks when she arrived.  She tells him that she only just arrived and points out all the product placement snacks that she brought knowing how much he likes them.  Their dad tells them to chat while he goes to fill the gigantic hot water thermos.  After he leaves, QY starts showing Xia Ling the different sncacks that she brought and says that she remembers when he was little, he loved eating them.  She hands him some and tells him to eat them, but Xia Ling just stares at them with the biggest smile on his face.  She asks him how his wounds are and whether he’s in pain.  Xia Ling answers that he’s fine and reminds her that he’s always been physically active so this amount of an injury isn’t any sort of a big deal.  He reassures her that this won’t prevent him participating in his league matches and asks how he could be fixated on pain when he has so many delicious snacks to eat.  [It’s so sweet how thrilled Xia Ling is to receive this small gesture from QY.]  QY tells him that he has to listen to the doctor’s orders, not try to rush things, and get plenty of rest.  She then adds that next time he has a competition, he should let her know in advance so she can call all her friends together and be his circle of family and friends.  Xia Ling can’t believe what he’s hearing, but QY nods her head to confirm she meant what she said.  She then sits awkwardly on the bed next to him and asks if he’s a fool.  Xia Ling tells her not to worry about him and points out that she must be busy with her just starting out at GDV.  He tells her that his friends always ask him when his sister’s going to be Luo Tian’s partner, and he always responds soon because his sister is the best.  He then tells her that he really is proud of her.  When he finishes, QY nods and promises to use these words to keep propelling her forward.  She tells him that she can’t let… [she pauses before acknowledging him as] her “younger brother” lose face in front of his friends. 

Outside the hospital room, QY’s father sits and covers his eyes.  When QY walks out and sees him, she hesitates.  Her father gets up and asks if she’s leaving.  He then observes that she stayed up the night before and also donated blood; he tells her she should go home and get some rest, and tells her go.  Afer she walks past him, he calls out her name and tells her that he doesn’t blame her for Xia Ling’s accident.  She looks back and asks what the doctors have said about “Di Di’s” (little brother’s) injuries.  Her father tells her that they’re just in a state of observation for now and that it shouldn’t be any big thing.  He then asks her why she hasn’t accepted the money that he sent via Weixin (WeChat).  When QY doesn’t answer, he tells her that it’s just some pocket money and instructs her to accept it.  She nods her head ever so slightly and then he tells her to hurry on before the doors close.  He then tells her to send him a copy of her competition video – the one where she came in first place.  [Awww, my heart is bursting for this father/daughter pair right now!!!] 

QY arrives the next day at Dream Journey where PX asks why she has the time to visit them.  She asks if she’s not welcome and explains that after the competition, she never had the chance to properly say farewell to everyone.  PX tells her that she didn’t come at the right time as Summer’s not there, and QY says that’s okay as he’s there and it’s the same.  But PX responds that he’s not good at passing on words.  He then returns to behind the counter and QY sighs and takes a seat at the bar where she reminds him that once upon a time, they were work colleagues.  She asks why he’s being so cold towards him, but instead of answering, he tells her that when Summer finds out she came, he’ll be very hapy.  QY tells him that her purpose for coming today was to say farewell to everyone and thank them for their care and assistance all this time, but she also promises to keep visiting and says she really likes it there.  PX asks if she wants to drink a cup of coffee and she says that’d be great, pointing out that in all this time, she’s never had a cup made by him.  He says that’s great as he just came up with a new recipe and says she can try it out for him. 

Luo Tian walks past a room at GDV and notices QY inside studying a game while taking notes.  He hesitates before walking in and dropping a book and some papers on the table.  In a much kinder (for him, at least) manner, he tells her they’re training material and then walks back out.  She’s surprised but when she calls out a thank you, he just holds up a hand without turning back.  QY then sits down and starts looking through book and is shocked to find that Luo Tian has given her his own notebook as her training materials.  Luo Tian then returns and when she sees him, she asks if he’s there because he’s changed mind but he waves her concern aside and tells her that there’s another competition today.  He tells her to go to the analysis department to help out and reminds her to listen a lot and learn a lot.  She agrees without any hesitation and after he leaves, she wonders out loud what’s going on given how his attitude towards her has changed by 180 degrees in the span of just one day.  Luo Tian returns to his office where he reflects and, in a flashback, we learn the reason for that change.  XK had called him out to meet him at a café. 

XK starts off by asking, “Given that you’ve already accepted QY as your disciple, why wouldn’t you listen to her reason for being late?”  Luo Tian holds up a finger and asks when he ever said that he had accepted QY as his disciple.  XK observes, “She wasn’t a disciple, but you were willing to teach her personally.  Wasn’t it because of love that you were eager?  [I’m not 100% positive about that sentence, but I think that’s what he says.]  You could because of a few calls of help for “likes” be furious with her.  You could withstand the pressure from Director Guo and in the end, give your vote to her.”  Luo Tian responds by asking if all these things can turn into her reason for being late and says that the commentator’s stage is a place where carelessness cannot be tolerated.  He then stands up and tells XK that if he’s going to keep trying to plead her case regarding this matter, then their friendship stops at this point too.  That’s when XK also stands up to stop Luo Tian from leaving by explaining that the calls of help for “likes” were sent out by her younger brother, and because of that, QY blamed him.  But in spite of that, he still persisted in trying to gain votes for QY and in the end, got into a car accident.  [Aha, XK’s got Luo Tian’s attention now!]  XK tells Luo Tian that because of this, QY felt really guilty and stayed up all night at the hospital, even giving him a blood transufion.  The minute her brother was out of danger, she went to the company, but she was still late.  XK then points out that because QY knows Luo Tian doesn’t like listening to excuses, whether it was the matter of the calls for “likes” or the matter of her being late, she refused to say one word in defense of herself.  XK then tells Luo Tian that QY only has passion, and not carelessness, when it comes to being a commentator. 

Back in the present, Luo Tian reaches down into his desk drawer and pulls out the thermos QY gave him previously.  He also rereads the note that came with it and smiles to himself.

QY is walking through the hallways minding her own business when she overhears QY’s voice asking his “Baby” when they can be open about their relationship now that she’s entered GDV already.  Qiao Xin responds that she only just entered the company and became Luo Tian’s partner; therefore, it wouldn’t reflect well on her if they opened up to their relationship now.  Qi Yue asks what other people would have to say about them when it’s not like they have anything to hide, but Qiao Xin points out this is her opportunity to become the top female commentator now that Planet Video and GDV have formed a partnership and she tells Qi Yue that she already promised Director Liu that for the time being, she wouldn’t date in order to focus on her work and not be distracted by other matters.  Qi Yue reacts in frustration as he points out that she’s a commentator, not an idol star.  He doesn’t understand how their being in a relationship would serve as a distraction, particularly given that he’s a professional athlete himself.  If anything, he points out, it should be a help to her. 

While those two [icky] lovebirds are squabbling, QY reacts in surprise to discover that Qi Yue and Qiao Xin are dating. 

The camera returns to the [icky] lovebirds where Qiao Xin points out that being a commentator requires reliance on professionalism, as reliance on popularity isn’t enough anymore.  She’s also concerned that if their relationship becomes exposed, she won’t be able to participate in any competitions where he’s competing as people might say she’s being unfair in her position.  She points out that he wouldn’t want that either, and so Qi Yue tells her that for the sake of her career, he’ll wait a little bit longer then.  He then asks for a hug, which Qiao Xin gives without any hesitation.  QY quickly runs away like she’s going to be sick, and I don’t blame her.  They make me feel the same way!  Haha.

End

Head Pat Count (episode): 2

Head Pat Count (total): 4

Fist Bump Count (episode): 2

Fist Bump Count (total): 6

Thoughts, thoughts, thoughts . . . just some additional thoughts . . .

Spoiler

- I know I already commented on this in the recap, but it is worth noting again, I loved QY's game replay commentary during the competition.  This was the love and passion for the game that Luo Tian kept wanting to see from her.  It was also her love and passion for JXK that allowed her to dig deep and bring all that out at the most critical and important moment of her career.  I love watching XK's expression throughout her speech.  For him, I imagine it must be a moment of relief to finally have somebody who understands him.  And like I said in the recap, I don't know how he couldn't fall in love with her after listening to that "love letter" of a speech.  Even YX agrees with me! 

- XK's rejection of Miya . . . sigh.  I think everything he said to Tony is true and he really does feel that way.  But it's also only half of what he feels -- the other half being that he's moved on and has no interest in getting back with her -- and because he hasn't verbalized that other half, from Miya's perspective, I think it's understandable she would extrapolate from his words the feeling that he's just staying away from her for her sake.  (Of course, the other part of it is, she extrapolates that meaning because she wants to believe it to be true...)  It's unfortunate then that circumstances prevented them from meeting up that night after the competition because maybe if they had, he would've been able to clarify for her how he really felt and then we would be able to avoid what comes next.  But... sighs.  That would be too easy, I suppose.

- One point I would say in Miya's favor is, a lot of people once they hit and big, tend to forget where they came from, including the people who helped them along the way.  I do appreciate that Miya has done none of those things.  Instead, she remembers each of XK's sacrifices and acts of support/assistance, which allowed her to become who she is today.  I think that is a testament to the strength of their love and bond from five years ago and again, it's no wonder then that she would be so determined to win him back.  Ahhh, I'm sorry.  I can't help but be moved by the tragedy that is their love story!  (Even if I don't want them to get back together.  :P)

- Xia Ling's accident . . . *sobs*  Such a terrible thing to happen.  Yet, I can't help but be moved by all the beautiful things that come out of this horrendous incident, not the least of which is QY finding her way back to her family again.  Rising out of ashes is a recurring theme in this drama, and I think Xia Ling's accident is another one of those examples of how even the darkest cloud can still have its silver lining. 

- XK, XK, XK . . . I may be frustrated with you for not quickly settling matters with Miya, but I will say you scored mega points with me with the way you supported QY at the hospital (and in front of her stepmother), consoled her after the competition, and then sought out Luo Tian to help her out when QY wouldn't help herself out.  Also, random fact: I really love that line he says to Tony, to pass on to Miya, the one where he says that their happy memories are the greatest gift two people can give each other.  It's just so beautifully stated; in fact, his whole conversation with Tony is just moving.  Oh gosh, I need to stop or else I never will.  I'll just keep on gushing!  Haha.

@themarchioness Sorryyyyyy I haven't been active these two days.. huhu.. work keeps on calling me...

Anyway... The king's avatar's going to premiere today.. so excited!

Looking forward to your next recap :kiss_wink:

About this part,

Spoiler

Also, random fact: I really love that line he says to Tony, to pass on to Miya, the one where he says that their happy memories are the greatest gift two people can give each other.  It's just so beautifully stated; in fact, his whole conversation with Tony is just moving.  Oh gosh, I need to stop or else I never will.  I'll just keep on gushing!  Haha.

sigh.... I can't imagine how painful it was for XK and young Miya 5 years ago... Sometimes there's not much we can say.. its life you know... its life... 

@lynne22, ahhh, the dreaded work.  Anyway, no worries about the silence these past few days.  I know how it gets.  As you know, I'm also pretty swamped this week.  But I know we will always find a way to sneak in GYH gushing time ;)  -- even if certain people become distracted with other dramas... Ahem.  *coughsTKAcoughs*  :ph34r:

For my own part, I've been slowly but surely working on Ep 23.  While I don't believe we'll get any first bumps or head pats in this episode, what I can say is we will get hints of Jealous JXK, and that pretty much makes up for the lack of fist bumps and head pats.  Something for all of us to look forward to!  

10 hours ago, lynne22 said:

About this part,

Reveal hidden contents

Also, random fact: I really love that line he says to Tony, to pass on to Miya, the one where he says that their happy memories are the greatest gift two people can give each other.  It's just so beautifully stated; in fact, his whole conversation with Tony is just moving.  Oh gosh, I need to stop or else I never will.  I'll just keep on gushing!  Haha.

sigh.... I can't imagine how painful it was for XK and young Miya 5 years ago... Sometimes there's not much we can say.. its life you know... its life... 

Agreed.  At the same time, in a different story, different drama, I do think their story could have turned out differently.  It's just . . . in this story, in this drama, it was not meant to be.  There will be a nice moment in Ep 23 that addresses that.  (I think you know which moment I'm thinking of.  ;))

Hi! I've been silently following this forum and your recap lol. I'm so hooked on this drama btw. I've watched this almost 5 times I think hahah although theres no eng subs available yet, I relied on my little knowledge of Chinese :'). Thanks for your recap, I can understand some parts which I could not understand before. The storyline, the casts, the message it delivers are really outstanding and mind-blowing!! I still can't move on from this drama, I don't know what I should do?? lolll

Btw, is there no promotional activities for gank your heart? I expect more behind the scenes of yibo and zixuan :( . I really ship this couple, but I think the possibility of them becoming real couple is low tho, cos I heard that yibo is somewhat awkward and cold towards girls? what a shame :(

7 hours ago, Jocelyn Stephanie said:

I still can't move on from this drama, I don't know what I should do?? lolll

Btw, is there no promotional activities for gank your heart? I expect more behind the scenes of yibo and zixuan :( . I really ship this couple, but I think the possibility of them becoming real couple is low tho, cos I heard that yibo is somewhat awkward and cold towards girls? what a shame :(

Welcome to the thread @Jocelyn Stephanie!  I'm glad you're finding the recaps helpful and I think you did the absolutely correct thing in coming to this thread since you're having trouble moving on from this drama.  @lynne22 and I have been in the same boat -- clearly!  We're always thrilled when more people join us in this thread so please, chime in, gush, share with us your :heart: for this drama.  

As for promotional activities; unfortunately, no.  I think just all the BTS clips are all we will ever get.  WYB has his other drama that started airing at the same time and I know he's been busy with promos for that drama.  Plus, MangoTV is a smaller substation of a larger one and dramas distributed solely through MangoTV... well, I could be wrong, but my impression is they tend not to do promo stuff.  I think WYB is introverted and reserved, particularly around members of the opposite sex -- he's frequently teased about that on the variety show he helps to host -- but I would say this about him and Wang Zi Xuan.  In an interview, they were both asked in an interview who made the first move to strike up a conversation and both responded him.  He purposely looked up online information about her and discovered their birthdays are only a day apart and used that as a conversation starter.  Given his reserved nature (which I empathize with!) I kinda love how he made sure to find something in common that they could talk about when they started filming.  I'm sure it wasn't easy for him.  ;) 

Sorry for the delay.  As I warned a few days ago, this week would be a slow one (for recaps) and this weekend's going to be worse.  My prediction for the next set is that I won't be able to have them ready until sometime next week.  Fortunately, we leave things on a high note with today's epsiode, as we get not one but two interactions between QY and XK.  We also finally get some confirmation that XK definitely thinks of QY as more than just a "bro," and we have the green-eyed monster to thank for that.  I do so love a jealous JXK.  ;)

Episode 23

Spoiler

Episode 23

QY continues walking through the hallways of the competition site and runs into YX, whom she greets normally, and PX, whom she greets hesitatingly.  The unusual behavior has YX turning back around as he watches their interaction in question.  PX tells QY that Summer wanted him to pass on that she should go visit him when she has the time and instead of responding, QY thinks to herself that she can’t believe PX’s been deceived for so long and derides Qiao Xin for her behavior.  Because QY hasn’t responded, PX asks why she’s looking at him like that, and QY finally comes to and tells him it’s nothing.  She tells him she’s leaving, and waves good-bye to both him and YX, but she doesn’t get very far before she starts debating with herself as to whether she should tell PX the truth when he has a competition too.  While she’s mulling over what to do, YX grabs at PX and asks him what he’s looking at (since PX had turned to watch QY leave) and then reminds him that she’s his “Kong Ge’s girl,” so PX better not have any ideas.  At first QY decides this doesn’t have anything to do with her, but then she thinks about how PX’s her friend and how he’s given her a lot of help, so in the end she decides she has to say something and turns back around.  She calls for PX’s attention and then tells him she has something to say to him, and after looking back in YX’s direction, PX says that’s perfect because he actually has something to say to her too.  The two of them walk off and YX immediately runs over to the doorway to watch them.  He grouses that they’re being so forward and then pulls out his phone where he sends out mayday alert, “Kong Ge, Kong Ge, you’re about to have someone seduced away from you.” 

PX and QY step outside where PX tells her to go first.  After hesitating, she tries to gently ease him into the news by saying that what she wanted to say to him is that when it comes to love, there’s nobody who’s in the wrong.  She then tells him that sometimes, when you realize you’ve walked down the wrong path, you should hurry up and turn around, and that if you discover you’ve fallen in love with the wrong person, then you should hurry up and let them go.  She also tells him that there are some things, no matter how much you like them, that doesn’t make them yours; and that there are some people, no matter how much you love them, you have to learn how to let them go.  PX looks confused the entire time she’s talking and finally asks if she’s certain she’s an esports commentator and not the host for some love show.  He then says if she has something to say, she should give it to him straight.  QY agrees and finally tells him that “his girlfriend”  . . . to which PX asks, “My girlfriend?”  She repeats again, that is that girlfriend of his, the one… she can’t bring herself to say and instead tells him that he knows what she’s talking about [except, poor PX, he really doesn’t.   LOL].  PX responds that he doesn’t have a girlfriend and QY reacts in surprise.  She asks if he and Qiao Xin broke up, and PX says he’ll tell her once more.  He doesn’t have a girlfriend.  He then asks if she and XK are in a relationship and she says no.  The camera pulls back then and we see that XK and YX have arrived behind them [hahaha.  XK’s got his hands in his pockets like he’s totally playing things cool, while XY’s bending forward a little as if he’s trying to listen and figure out what’s going on].  PX says that’s good and then tells her that if she needs help with anything in the future, she shouldn’t go to XK anymore as she can just come directly to him instead.  It’s QY’s turn to respond in surprise while she asks him what he means by that.  Behind them, YY xays to XK, “He’s already confessing and you’re still not going to care?”  QY and PX turn around and when she sees XK, she says his name.  PX asks him if he heard everything he said just now and XK tells him that what he should’ve heard and what he shouldn’t have heard, he heard it all.  He then say she has a piece of advice to offer PX, which is that he should focus his energies on the competition since VNG is about to catch up to Legends.  PX responds that this just makes things more interesting and then says he also has reminder to give him.  He warns XK about Qi Yue and says he has a tendency have an inflated sense of self.  PX’s not telling him anything XK doesn’t already know though, but XK thanks him for the reminder anyway and PX says, “you’re welcome,” before walking off.  After he leaves, YX asks QY if this jealous side of XK looks attractive and KX just grabs him by the ear and drags him off as he says, “Lin YX, let’s talk about you. What’s been going on with you recently?  Do you still want to compete or not?”  Your positioning can’t keep up with Tong Wu and your support can’t keep up with Qi Yue…”  As he continues with his nagging, QY thinks to herself and smiles, “JXK, were you really jealous?” 

Xia Ling’s mother arrives to the hospital and asks Xia Ling if he’s doing any better today.  She notices the bags of snacks that QY brought and starts criticizing the gesture by asking what the point of her bringing all those snacks was.  She wonders if it’s an act of show for her father to see, but Xia Ling asks his mother not to talk about his sister like that since it was with good intentions that she brought him the sncaks.  His mother asks, “Good intentions?”  and then asks if QY had good intentions when she turns his legs into that.  She then starts what is probably a familiar litany of complaints for Xia Ling by now as she talks about how QY’s never been nice to her.  She adds, “Forget about ‘mom,’ she’s never even called me ‘auntie.’”  Xia Ling, more mature one in this conversation, urges his mother to leave things that happened in the past in the past, to stop always feeling so cross over everything, and to stop talking about his sister as she does.  He then adds that his injuries are his own fault and have nothing to do with QY.  She starts to object, but Xia Ling cuts her off by asking when he’ll be discharged from the hospital and points out that his school’s basketball league’s competitions are about to start next month.  His mother answers that he broke his leg so he should just focus on getting better.  She then tells him that she went to his school and arranged for his leave.  His coach also said that he should recover fully and then go back.  Xia Ling doesn’t want to let his friends down and starts fussing that he can’t just keep lying around there.  He asks how long he’s going to have to recuperate and his mother tells him not to be in such a hurry and insists he focus on recovery.  A nurse arrives at that moment and says the doctor wants to talk with Xia Ling’s guardian.  When his mother arrives at the doctor’s office, QY’s father is already there and the doctor is trying to explain some x-ray findings to them.  The doctor then notices her and explains that he invited them both to meet with him so they could discuss Xia Ling’s condition.  The good news is Xia Ling doen’t seem to have suffered any after effects from his concussion.  The bad news is the fracture in his leg isn’t as simple as it seems as the nerve in his calf also suffered injury.  Dad asks if there’s anything they can do treat it, and the doctor say sthey can definitely treat it. It’s just the movement in his ankle will be affected and restrictred.  Mom asks the doctor what he means by that and he explains that whether Xia Ling’s walking or working, he’ll always be affected.  Xia Ling arrives at that moment and having heard everything asks the doctor if he’ll be able to play basketball in the future.  The doctor asnwers honestly that he’s afraid not as calf nerves are very sensitive.  He tells Xia Ling that even if they were fully repaired, it still wouldn’t be able to withstand heavy physical activity.  Xia Ling thanks the doctor and turns around to walk back to his hospital room.  When his mother tries to help him, he holds her off and both his parents can only watch him with worried expressions on their faces.

Back at YY’s apartment, she watches something funny and calls out to QY telling her to hurry up and come over so she can share it with her, but QY’s on the other side of the wall working on her computer with her headphones on.  When QY doesn’t respond, YY peers open bookshelf in the wall and ends p throwing something at her to get her attention.  QY tells her she scared her and YY replies, “Who told you not to pay me any attention?”  As she walks over, YY says she’s been calling for her and asks what has her in such a trance that she didn’t even hear YY calling out to her.  QY points out she was wearing headphones, which is why she didn’t hear her, and when YY crouches in front of laptop and asks what she’s looking at, QY tells her a game commentary.  YY looks at the clock and notices it’s already 2am and asks what what kind of a soup she’s cooking.  She offers to help QY turn it off, but QY hurries to stop her as she the soup she’s making has to be simmered on low heat for a long time in order for all its nutritional valutes to be brought out.  YY sits down and comments that Xia Ling is fortunate and says if only she had an older sister as nice as her, that’d be great.  She then adds with a laugh that having a younger brother like Xia Ling would be pretty good too.  After they both laugh, YY comments on how on the one hand QY’s cooking soup while on the other she’s reviewing game commentaries.  She says QY’s so hardworking but Luo Tian won’t even let her stand on the analysis platform, and asks why she’s working so hard then.  QY chuckles and then says it’s actually a good thing that he won’t let her stand on the analysis platform because right now, she’s still lacking in kncolwedge.  She’s using this time instead to learn as much as she can and points out this isn’t exactly a bad thing either.  YY agrees she has a point and scratches her head with a sigh.

The next day, QY delivers the soup she cooked overight to Xia Ling.  Xia Ling asks how she has the time to visit him and QY answers that there’s no competition today.  She asks how his recovery is going and he lies that it’s going well and that he has to go to rehab in a little bit.  QY offers to go with him but he tells her there’s no need.  He guesses she stayed up all night, teling her that she’s got black circles around her eyes, and she tells him she’s fine.  She tells him to drink the soup while it’s still warm as it won’t taste good when it’s cold, and Xia Ling comments that she’s pretty busy so she needn’t visit him often.  QY asks if there’s something on his mind today as she senses there’s something off about him, but he tells her there’s nothing going on other than feeling a little tired.  He tells her go home while he takes a nap, and she tells him she’ll help him to the best at least.  After helping him get settled, she tells him to get some rest and that she’ll come see him again another day.  When he doesn’t say anything, she reminds him to drink her soup and then leaves. 

PX is studying XK’s notebook and after Huo Yao finishes cleaning up the training room, he walks past PX and asks if he isn’t leaving yet.  He notices the book in PX’s hand and asks if he’s looking at XK’s notebook.  PX answers that for the entire fall season, VNG’s twin moon combination has been too powerful so he wanted to look at XK’s notebook to see if he’d be able t come up with any ideas.  Huo Yao asks if PX remembers the last time they went up againt VNG.  Their coach had suggested they use XK’s own methods to combat him, but in the end, XK was still able to turn things around on them.  After a pause, Huo Yao comments that XK still understands them too well.  PX stands up and says if they turn it around, that means they (the original Legends team members) also really understand him.  Huo Yao asks what he means by that and PX answers that their understanding of XK is their best weapon.

Over at VNG, the team is supposed to be gathering for another training session but Qi Yue sends Shen Yue a text saying that he’s not going back today and asks him to handle things for him.  That’s why when XK inquires after Qi Yue’s whereabouts, Shen Yue replies that his mother came to visit him from Taipei and so he went to spend time with her while asking him (Shen Yue) to ask XK for leave.  XK asks why Qi Yue didn’t come to him himself and Shen Yue says it was maybe because he was too busy and didn’t think of it.  Since there’s nothing XK can really do, he just tells the remaining the members that they’ll practice in pairs first for now. 

Some time later, XK is out for a jog when he sees in the distance Qi Yue alighting from a car and then Qiao Xin climbing out of the driver’s seat.  He’s thinks to himself, “Qi Yue and Qiao Xin?” and takes out his earphones.  We join Qi Yue and Qiao Xin in the middle of their conversation as the latter says to the former, “I don’t know, maybe in two days,” and Qi Yue tells her to make sure she reports her whereabouts to him at all times.  [Possessive, much?]  He then kisses her on the check and points to his own, saying it’s her turn.  When he tells her to hurry, she responds that people might see them.  But he doesn’t care and so she quickly returns the kiss.  XK witnesses it all and is clearly processing this new information in his head as he watches Qi Yue enter the VNG building.

As they wait for their next team meeting to begin, XK sits across from Qi Yue and watches him.  Li Gan takes a seat at the head of the table and says they’ll have a brief meeting.  Shu Wen then says that when the team goes up against Newlands this afternoon, they’d better win the match for her.  XK adds that if they win this match, they’ll be able to enter the playoffs as the top seed and have priority when choosing powers and functions and other benefits which will help them in their games.  Li Gan adds that more importantly, if they win this match, they’ll be able to break Legends’ unbroken record from last year of winning 10 consecutive games.  Qi Yue tells his master and Shu Wen to rest easy because with him around, he’ll make sure to break that record tonight.  [Ugh, his arrogance and puffery is so painful and disgusing to watch.]  He adds that he’s going to make sure that from now on, Legends knows how to call VNG, “Big Brother.”  XK just stares at him and when Qi Yue yawns, Shu Wen asks him what’s going on.  She asks if he didn’t rest well the night before and Qi Yue continues the lie that Shen Yue started for him earlier by explaining he’s a little tired because his mother came to visit him from Taipei so he picked her up the day before and spent the entire day with her.  Li Gan acknowledges that it’s been a long time since Qi Yue’s visited his family and tells him that when he has the time, he should spend it with his family members.  Qi Yue again promises to deliver during tonight’s match and Shu Wen tells him that they’ll get a break before the playoffs, so when that time comes, he can go homethen  and spend some time with his family.  Qi Yue nods and thanks her, and XK finally speaks up to tell him that when he wasn’t at their training session yesterday, they made some minor adjustments.  He starts to express his concerns regarding the top player from Newlands, which would probably then lead into an explanation fo the changes they made to address those concerns, but Qi Yue cuts in and arrogantly brushes aside XK’s concerns.  He says he’s faced off against Newlands’ top player many times and he only has those two moves; therefore, he doesn’t need XK to say anything, as he’ll be able to defeat him without any problems in their upcoming match.  XK rolls his eyes and Li Gan claps his hand to end further discussion of that matter.  He then stands up and tells the team that there’s one more thing.  Walking over to Shu Wen, he leans in and comments that everyone probably hasn’t forgotten what day it is.  Shen Yue says they remember; it’s Shu Wen’s birthday.  Shu Wen laughs and says it’s a lucky thing they remembered.  LI Gan then tells her that she’s been working too hard lately, and that once the competition is over, they should take a moment to celebrate [her birthday] properly.  Qi Yue adds that Li Gan has prepared her gift already and Shu Wen says (in what I suspect is embarrassment over all of this undivided attention), “That’s enough!”  She then tells them that them winning today’s competition would be her best gift.  She asks if they have the confidence and while everyone responds, “Yes,” XK looks in Qi Yue’s direction with extreme concern. 

QY is watching the game between VNG and Newlands on her laptop and taking notes.  Her colleagues stand around her and ask what she’s taking notes on.  QY answers that she’s taking notes on the critical moments in VNG’s battle against Newlands.  One of them asks what the critical moments are and asks her to explain.  QY tells them that, actually, every team has their own style and playing methods.  She then continues by basically explaining that each team has a certain pattern that they follow when they play and that knowing those things will be of immense help to her later on when she’s working as a commentator.  Luo Tian arrives outside the door just as QY starts telling the others how she remembers Newlands’ habit is to try and steal the dragon the minute the game begins while VNG’s playing methods are varied, which makes it easy for them to force the other team into exposing their weaknesses from the get go.  [Luo Tian smiles when he overhears her, obviously impressed.]  As QY returns her attention back to the game, she exclaims over Qi Yue’s overly aggressive moves today and comments on how it’s throwing everything into chaos and disarray.  She then breathes a sigh of relief with the next play and says it’s a good thing XK was able to arrive in time [to help save the game].  When her colleague comments that it may have been a risky move, but the results were worth it, QY counters that he shouldn’t just focus on the fact that they were just trying to capture the dragon.  She makes a few more observations which basically serve to illustrate the point that QY has a much deepr understanding of how things operate in the game as compared to her colleagues because she’s taken the time to study the different teams and each competition that’s played.  This is reflected in the fact that the camera pans to Luo Tian to show us his reaction when QY finishes her commentary; he smiles and nods.  QY’s colleague asks to see her notebook and when she hands it over, he exclaims over how many notes she’s written, as she’s taken notes on all the matches.  He then hands it over to the other colleagues who also exclaim over her notebook saying that they thought she was just putting on a show, and never imagined she was actually quite hardworking.  One them remarks that it looks like, compared to Qiao Xin, she has more right to stand on the commentator’s stage.  QY smiles at her colleagues’ compliment and then notices Luo Tian walking past the office door.  Through her laptop, we hear the announcers congratulate VNG on winning the match and QY claps her hands in happiness, while saying this is great. 

The camera then takes us to the competition site where we watch the tail end of VNG’s match against Newlands.  As the crowd cheers, A Can reports that with this eleventh win, VNG has broken Legends’ prior record of ten consecutive wins.  Qiao Xin then says, “Let’s take a look to see who the MVP of today’s match is,” and on the screen, Qi Yue’s profile pops up.  She comments on the fact that this is their eleventh consecutive win and Qi Yue’s twentieth time of being named the MVP (I think she also says he broke PX’s record), and right at that moment, we see Qi Yue dance across the stage before joining the rest of the team in celebration on stage.

The team arrives back in their waiting room where they’re greeted by Shu Wen and Li Gan, who pats QI Yue on the shoulder and says, “Not bad, Qi Yue, and that’s why you’re my disciple.”  Qi Yue brags that it’s not a big thing and he’d have no problem winning 30 times in a row.  The others laugh and Shu Wen adds some praise for XK by telling him that he’s worked hard.  XK responds that he didn’t and that their results are the result of everyone’s hard work.  [What a contrast between Qi Yue’s and XK’s reactions!]  Li Gan cuts in to say that he’s already made reservations for their dinner and instructs the team to take Shu Wen there first.  She asks if he isn’t coming with them, and Qi Yue interjects by making sure everyone heads out first which prevents Li Gan from having to answer. 

It turns out the reason Li Gan sends everyone else ahead of him is because he has some other place to stop first: The King.  Sun Ge is in the middle of sending a happy birthday text to Shu Wen when Li Gan appears next to him.  Sun Ge asks him why he’s there and then congratulates him on VNG’s win.  Li Gan responds by asking if he remembered it was Shu Wen’s birthday.  Sun Ge doesn’t quite know how to answer this question – I mean, talk about awkward – and so merely comments, “It’s a good day,” and that’s when Li Gan explains he arranged a birthday party to celebrate [her birthday] and invites Sun Ge to attend.  Sun Ge replies that he’s not able to leave his place and Li Gan shares that Summer and Luo Tian will also be in attendance.  He adds that he knows Sun Ge doesn’t normally like going to places where there are a lot of people and that’s why he came personally to invite him.  Sun Ge points out that there’s only him to wath his store so he really can’t leave.  That’s when Li Gan tells Sun Ge that Shu Wen’s always wanted to find an opportunity for all the members of the Pioneer to get together, and that’s why he wants to use her birthday as a way to fulfill her dream.  To sweeten the pot, he adds that Shu Wen’s even said that VNG’s recent success owes some credit to him (Sun Ge) as well.  He insists that Sun Ge come, but Sun Ge replies that he really can’t go and wishes them a happy party.  Since Sun Ge’s being stubborn, Li Gan pulls out the big guns by asking Sun Ge if he still hasn’t been able to get over it even after all these years.  [A low blow question – you understand later why I say that – and phrased like that, Sun Ge has no choice but to agree to the party invitation, or else he’ll look like a small-minded person.]

The remaining members of the VNG squad are sitting around waiting when Luo Tian and Summer arrive.  Shu Wen tells them she was just texting them and they drop their gifts off to the side while Shu Wen invites them to take a seat.  Summer comments on the birthday party arrangements by joking that things really are different when an elderly person celebrates their birthday.  He says that normally he never sees her and Luo Tian remarks that Summer’s always been the talker.  Everyone takes a seat at the table and when Shu Wen observes that there’s no need for any introductions, a round of greetings goes around the table.  Luo Tian compliments the team by telling them they played well in their match today and that it was very exciting to watch.  Shen Yue credits XK for that and says it was all because of his strategies, but Summer teases it had nothing to do with their team leader as he thinks it’s because they had an excellent coach.  Everyone laughs and Shu Wen tells the team they should really cherish this moment as Luo Tian and Summer are not ones to give their praise easily.  Summer assures the team they really were good, but then teases them again by saying they’re almost to the level of of the Pioneer team back in the day.  Shu Wen suggests they pour the wine and ask XK handles that, Luo Tian asks where Li Gan.  Qi Yue answers by saying he guesses that Li Gan’s preparing Shu Wen’s birthday gift and that’s when Li Gan arrives followed by Sun Ge.  It’s an unexpected moment for everyone.  Sun Ge tells SHu Wen, “Happy birthday,” and she smiles, happy to see him, as she says thank you.  Summer cuts in that they shouldn’t just stand around like that and invites everyone to take a seat so XK comes around to lead his Sun Ge to a seat next to him.  Luo Tian tells Sun Ge it’s been a long time and Summer agrees that inviting Sun Ge out is never an easy task.  Shu Wen also invites everyone to have a seat and when Li Gan’s the only one left standing, she tells him to also have a seat, but he says he has something to prepare and taps Qi Yue on the back.  Qi Yue immediately hops to and follows Li Gan out the room while everyone else in the room tries to settle in in with this unusual atmosphere.  Luo Tian asks Sun Ge how things have been at his internet café, and Sun Ge replies that it’s the same as ever.  Summer sighs in regret that only Gu Fang is missing and says that if he was there, the five of them would finally be together again.  He then tells everyone to drink wine and calls out to XK.  As everyone raises their glass in toast, the lights turn off and Qi Yue motions for everyone to be quiet as he directs their attention to the door where Li Gan rolls in a lit up birthday cake on a trolley.  Everyone claps and cheers and starts to sing happy birthday, while Summer pushes Shu Wen towars the cake and everyone else gathers around.  After the song ends, Shu Wen holds her hands together and says, “Then my wish is that everyone who’s here will be able to fulfill their dreams.”  She blows out the candles and everyone claps, but Li Gan’s not done.  He holds up a tiny box with a diamond ring.  It catches Shu Wen off guard and the camera pulls back to show us how Sun Ge is standing right in between them in the background.  When Shu Wen doesn’t say anything, Shen Yue starts to chant, “Say yes to him, say yes to him,” while Qi Yue joins in.  XK, on the other hand, looks to Sun Ge as he knows how his friend must be feeling right now.  The chant subsides when Shu Wen looks around the room and then at Sun Ge.  Li Gan captures her attention again by saying, “Shu Wen, say yes to me.”  She tells him instead, “Li Gan, you’ve gifted me with such an expensive present, I really daren’t accept it.”  She then turns the lights back on and tells LI Gan that they should be focusing all of their energies on the latter half of their competitions.  She reminds him that they’d agreed, they’d win the world championship title together, and then thanks him by saying she really likes everything that he did for her today.  Qi Yue [who wouldn’t know his place if he saw it] speaks out by telling Shu Wen that this isn’t being brash, but Li Gan subtly shakes his head at him to stop.  He then exhales and tells Shu Wen that’s fine, as once they win the world championship title, he’ll personally put the ring on her hand.  [Really??  I don’t think it works like that, bud.  And seriously, I don’t even know why you would propose when you knew what the odds of your chances were!]  He then tucks the box into his pocket and walks over to the table, telling everyone to have wine, while pretending like nothing just happened.  Summer leads Shu Wen back to the table and Li Gan clinks his glass against everyone’s, specifically calling out Sun Ge’s name. 

Later that night, Li Gan has drinks with Summer at a different bar.  Summer takes him to task for insisting on making things so awkward.  He asks if Li Gan isn’t clear on Shu Wen’s temperament and Li Gan just looks at him.  He then says he was curious; he was curious as to exactly what kind of a place he had in her heart.  Summer holds his frustration in check and points out that if Li Gan really wanted to know where he stood with her, there were many other methods he could’ve used.  He then asks why Li Gan insisted on dragging in her ex-boyfriend.  Li Gan responds by saying she’s simply incapable of forgetting about Sun Ge, and Summer tells him that’s enough as it’s possible Shu Wen’s rejection wasn’t entirely because of Sun Ge.  He points out they’ve been broken up for many years already and that if hadn’t been for XK going to VNG, it would’ve been years since they’d seen each other too.  He insists Li Gan’s just overthinking things.  Li Gan says everyone should know well all that he’s done for Shu Wen these past few years and Summer reassures him that they are, they’re all clear, and that includes Shu Wen too.  But Li Gan disagrees when he hears Shu Wen’s name and says she doesn’t know.  He takes a drink and when Summer tries to tell him that’s enough, he just pours himself another glass while saying that several years ago, because of her, he gave up an invitation from an American team.  Instead he stayed and worked with her to build VNG with their empty hands.  He then says that at VNG, whatever she says is how it goes.  He tells Summer, “I’ll tell you something funny,” and then complains how even though he’s the boss of VNG, when it comes to the team, he has no position/status.  Summer tries to comfort him by saying that’s not the case, but Li Gan’s on a roll.  He says, “Shu Wen said she wanted JXK to be the team leader, do you know how much pressure the external stakeholders gave me?  No, gave us?  Who had to bear the burden?”  He pats his chest.  “I did!”  He then goes on to observe that no matter how he treats Shu Wen, no matter how much effort he puts in, and no matter how much effort he puts in on VNG’s behalf, none of those things can compare against Sun Ge.  Summer tries to comfort him by patting him on the back and putting their heads together, and says he’ll drink a glass with him. 

While that’s going on, two other men are also meeting this night.  Sun Ge is sitting at the dining table in his apartment above The King where XK delivers a bottle of beer to him and says that he never imagined Shu Wen would do what she did today.  Sun Ge just looks at him and then smiles ever so subtly.  XK then says that, actually, he’s never believed that back then, Sun Ge would be a deserter.  He asks Sun Ge for the real reason he left the Pioneer team as well as his break up with Shu Wen, but Sun Ge merely drinks his beer in reply.  That’s when XK asks if he had some sort of difficulty that he couldn’t talk about, and Sun Ge just looks at him then and grimaces, and says it’s all in the past.  He asks why XK’s bringing it up now.  After they clink their bottles and share a swig, XK thinks a little bit more and says in his opinion, he thinks Shu Wen still has him (Sun Ge) in her heart.  Sun Ge asks, “How is that possible?” and XK replies, “How is that not possible?”  He then adds, “In any case, I don’t think Shu Wen has Lin Gan in her heart,” and asks if Sun Ge isn’t interested in trying to win her back.  Sun Ge responds, “I’m sure you remember what I’ve said to you before.  When it comes to time, it can change everything.  Shu Wen and I, we’re already in the past.”  Sun Ge then changes the subject by saying that’s enough about him and asks XK what’s going on between him and Miya.  XK responds, “You just said it.  Time changes everything.”  Sun Ge observes how even though Miya’s been gone for so many years, XK’s always kept her in his thoughts, but now that she’s returned to China (and not easily) XK also . . . Sun Ge doesn’t finish that thought, but instead asks if this means XK really does like “that girl named QY.”  XK responds by coughing and taking a sip of his beer, to which Sun Ge says, “It looks as though you’re admitting it.”  He then tells XK if that’s the case, then he should just be confident and bold and pursue her.  He shouldn’t try and avoid it and let “that younger cousin of Summer’s” steal her out from under him.  XK scratches his chin and sits forward at that and asks how Sun Ge knows about that.  He asks if Summer’s said anything to him and then asks in even greater disbelief if PX’s actually serious.  Sun Ge just chuckles [which is totes how I’m reacting right now too.  XK’s normally so cool and confident about everything that I can’t help but love how worried, and dare I say maybe even a little bit panicked, he suddenly is in this moment] and reveals he heard it from YX.  He then adds, “Whether PX’s serious or not, I don’t know.  But it’s quite obvious you’re serious.”  Not willing to admit it, but not able to deny it, XK just looks away and puts down his beer bottle and grumbles, “LXY, that rascal.”  Sun Ge laughs and drinks his beer.

The next morning, Shen Yue sits in the VNG training room by himself and yawns.  Qi Yue then arrives and immediately starts to complain about how they finally get a 10-day break and in the end, they get extra practice sessions instead.  Shen Yue agrees that he’d originally made plans with friends but then got the early morning call.  Qi Yue looks around and wonders where everyone else is, and Shen Yue tells him that today’s training session is for just the two of them.  Qi Yue asks, “Just the two of us?” and when Shen Yue confirms it, he asks what this is all about and and whether they’ve got something against them or something.  He stands up, ready to walk out but XK arrives just then and tells him that it was he who worked things out with Shu Wen for them to have extra training sessions.  Shen Yue observes that if Tong Wu and Lu Sheng don’t have to have extra sessions then surely Qi Yue doesn’t either, but XK tells him that Qi Yue’s had the most mistakes.  Qi Yue counters by pointing out all the times he’s been named MVP and asks where all those mistakes are.  XK, of course, has no problem giving him a list.  He tells him that in their last game, at the 8 minute mark, if it hadn’t been for Shen Yue who rushed over to rescue im, he would’ve been killed.  He also asks why Qi Yue hadn’t listened to his commands at the 12 minute mark and points out that if Qi Yue had arrived on time at the 15 minute mark, they would’ve finished the game a lot sooner.  Shen Yue tries to smooth things over by suggesting these were just some minor mistakes and reminds XK that Qi Yue’s mother came to visit from Taiwan the day before.  He says that even if there were mistakes, certainly this is something they can all understand.  XK responds by merely asking, “Was it spending time with his mother?  Or was he on a date?”  To Qi Yue he says, “Your conscience should know.”  Qi Yue looks at Shen Yue who winces, and then angrily denies that he was on a date.  He tells XK not to look for trouble, or else he’ll regret it, and then says (while taking a seat at the computer) that if XK wants to tell on him, then he should because he doesn’t care.  Shen Yue pats XK on the shoulder, still trying to keep the peace, but XK walks over and reminds Qi Yue that the twin moon combination is their team’s core strategy; therefore, his and Shen Yue’s condition is of the upmost importance.  He then tries to entreat Qi Yue asking him to think about how close they are to fulfuiling his dreams and how he’s finally enjoying the height of his career right now, which at the same time is finite and maybe only worth two years.  After XK walks off, Qi Yue hits his keyboard in what I imagine is annoyance and frustration – probably hating that he knows XK is right.

Xia Ling’s mother is helping him navigate the stairs outside the hospital when QY runs up and comments on the fact that he’s being discharged.  His mother rudely and angrily asks why she’s there, and Xia Ling sends her into the waiting car saying that he has something to say to QY.  She asks what he could possibly has to say to her and tries to lead him towards the car, but QY’s dad steps in to intervene and pushes her into the car leaving the two siblings to chat.  QY asks Xia Ling why he didn’t say anything to her about being discharged from the hospital and offers to keep him company during his future phycial rehabilitation sessions.  He declines the offer saying that she can see for herself how his mother doesn’t exactly have the warmest feelings towards her and suggests that they keep their contact to a minimum in the future.  QY doesn’t believe that this is what Xia Ling really wants, but he tells her that it is.  He says he doesn’t want to get stuck between her and his mother, and points out that she’s busy with work anyway.  He says she shouldn’t be distracted because of him and then says that’s it, and takes his leave.  QY’s dad helps Xia Ling into the car and then walks over to her and tells her not to be sad before sending her home.  He reassures her that he and Xia Ling’s mother will take care of Xia Ling and then takes the bag of snacks she’d brought with her.  Inside the car, Xia Ling apologizes to QY in his head.  He says it’s not that he doesn’t want to see her; it’s that he’s afraid she’ll find out about how his leg will never be the same again and feel bad.

YY’s at work when she checks Weibo and can’t help but laugh out loud at the ridiculousness when she sees how A Can and Qiao Xin are just full of constant praise for each other on their respective Weibo pages.  Her phone alerts her to an incoming message and when she checks to see who it’s from, we learn it’s from YX who invites her out to karaoke.  She sniffs at the invite and responds that she hasn’t the time, but it turns out YX’s outside her office.  So when one of her coworkers walks past and sees him outside, he stops to ask who YX’s looking for.  XK starts to answer, but the coworker suddenly recognizes him as a Legends team member.  YX’s equally surprised to be recognized and the coworker’s just so delighted to meet him that he takes YX by the arm and leads him right inside.  He then announces YX to YY by saying, “Lu YY, looks who’s here.  The Legends’ team’s Xuan Ge, LYX.”  YX waves hello to everybody as they look over at him, and YY also stands up to ask him what he’s doing there.  He says he came to fetch her, as it’s almost the end of her work day, and she responds by asking how she would have the time to go to karaoke with him with her being as busy as she is.  The coworker, who’s been listening in on ther conversation, asks YX if he was planning on going to karaoke and then says that they’re all about to get off work soon.  He asks if they can all go with them.  Everyone (minus YY) greets this idea with enthusiasm and so YX has no choice but to agree and even offers to treat everyone.  YY ask what he’s trying to do and her boss walks over in an attempt to diffuse her while obviously hoping for something to flourish between YY and YX.  YX, eager for the boss’s support, invites him along too and he says that’s not a problem, but YY tells the entire room that whoever wants to go should go, but she’s not going.  She then gathers up her things to get off work and when she tries to leave, YX stops her by asking if she’s really not going.  Of course she’s not going, but unfortunately for him, when he tries to follow after her, the coworker holds him back and reminds that that he just made arrangements to go to karaoke with everyone else – they even made reservations already.  YX tries to suggest they do it another day, pointing out that he came to find YY, but all the other coworkers won’t take no for answer and drag him along.  LOL.  Poor YX.  Only he would get stuck in a situation like this one! 

QY and XK meet up at Hellolala Pink Café.  As they sip their strawberry milk teas, QY comments again in semi-question on the surprising fact that XK likes milk tea.  He, in turn, points out she’d said she was on her way home and asks how she ended up there.  He asks, “It couldn’t be that you were hoping to have a chance meeting with me, could it?”  She splutters in response and tries to come up with an excuse by saying it was because she was already halfway there when it suddenly occurred to her that she hadn’t been back to Dream Journey in a while, and because she really misses everyon there, she thought she’d come here to buy some drinks to take with her.  XK replies (in an “I don’t believe one word you’re saying” sort of way) by commenting that he never realized she was one to place so much import on relationships.  When she can only sip her drink and look away at that, he continues, “Oh that’s right.  At this hour, PX should be at Dream Journey.  Don’t tell me you were going to see him.”  QY looks at XK like, “What are you talking about?” but he just keeps on going.  He asks, “That’s right, what’s going on with you two right now?”  QY coughs on her drink and asks what could be going on with them.  She says time, “Don’t tell me you really believed that he was confessing to me last time.”  XK answers that it was quite obvious [I love the expression on his face right here] and QY heaves a long suffering sigh and tells him that wasn’t the case.  She then tries to explain that day away by saying she thinks it was because PX had been suffering from a wounded heart and wasn’t feeling well, and XK asks in surprise, “Suffering from a wounded heart?”  QY leans forward and starts to ask if he knows Qiao Xin and… but then she thinks the better of it and sits back, throws her arms up in the air, and says she’s not going to explain.  She says, “Anyway, he didn’t confess to me.”  XK quickly puts two and two together and asks if she was going to say that after PX found out about Qiao Xin and Qi Yue, he… as he, in turn, starts to trail off, QY leans forward again and asks if he also knows about about Qiao Xin and Qi Yue’s underground relationship.  XK smirks and says he also knows that in that dual match, the one who pursued her relentlessly in the game wasn’t PX, but was Qi Yue.  When QY reacts in surprise at this information, he explains that Qi Yue used PX’s ID and also adds that all those online rumors of something going on between Qiao Xin and PX were created by Qiao Xin herself.  He then concludes that that means PX really wasn’t suffering from a wounded heart and that he really was confessing to QY that day.  QY asks what kind of crazy talk he’s speaking right now and protests, “I already said, he wasn’t confessing.  He wasn’t confessing!  He… how does that even count as confessing?  There wasn’t such a thing.”  XK asks why she’s acting so anxious and then says, “Are you afraid of being found out?”  QY asks what she would be afraid of being found out about.  She then tells him that even if they considered it as PX confessing, she wouldn’t like someone like him who’s always got such a cold expression on his face.  She then mutters, “Idiot,” before going back to her drink while XK laughs and smiles.  {JUST ADMIT IT, XK.  YOU’RE RELIEVED TO KNOW YOU HAVE NO COMPETITION FROM THAT QUARTER!  LOL.]

After they sip their drinks again, XK remembers to ask if Luo Tian’s attitude towards QY has improved at all.  She tells him that Luo Tian’s still the same as ever, but reassures XK that’s okay because there’s still a lot of stuff that she does, in fact, need to learn after having only joined this profession.  She adds that what she actually hopes for herself is to take things one step at a time in order to climb the ladder steady and sure.  XK asks if doesn’t mind sharing then her game analysis with him so he can take a look.  QY agrees without hesitation and says there are a still a lot of areas she doesn’t quite understand.  She then suggests, “How about we go to Dream Journey?” and XK just looks at her and asks, “Why is it Dream Journey again?  Why do you like Dream Journey so much?  Or is it beause there’s some other person there.”  [LOL.  Dude.  She just reassured you: you have no competition there!]  QY stands up in annoyed frustration and says, “Aiyo!”  After looking around, realizing belatedly that her actions may draw the attention of others, she says to him, “Then you say.  You take me.”   [The “take” she uses in this sentence means: take, bring, and carry.  She’s basically asking him to pick a different place where they can watch her video, since he’s so averse to going to Dream Journey.  I thought I’d clarify that in case anyone misunderstood and thought she might be saying, “Take me,” in the sense of: have your way with me.  Although, I have a feeling both would be okay with that too.  Haha.]

While QY and XK have been squabbling over PX, he’s called a meeting with his Legends team members.  He delivers boxes of product placement snacks and then takes a seat across from them and invites them to partake.  As YX takes a bite, he says, “Speak then, why’d you call us here?”  PX tells them that he wants to have a strategy meeting; the topic of their meeting is JXK.  Everyone stops what they’r edoing and look at each other while YX reacts, “Ah?  Kong Ge?”  When PX nods, YX remarks to the others that he’s really had his eyes opened today as this is the first time he’s ever attended a strategy meeting where the main topic has been a person.  Lu Feng also asks what PX means by that as he’s totally confused.  Huo Yao looks back and forth between the others and then suggests they listen to what PX has to say.  PX explains that based on VNG’s current trajectory, their chances of playing against them in the playoffs are pretty high.  He then observes how previously, XK understood them all too well, which allowed him to beat them, and asks why this time, they can’t use their own understanding of him tobeat him.  Lu Feng admits PX has a point and even YX agrees.  He offers to go first, so PX picks up his notebook and leans forward in his seat,but when YX starts talking, he says, “My Kong Ge.  Full name: Ji Xiang Kong.  Zodiac sign: Leo.  Favorite food: strawberry.  Best friend: that’s me.”  His answer has everyone else laughing, while PX looks away and rolls his eyes.  Li Nan jokes around by asking if they’re having a strategy seminar or a tea party, and Lu Feng offers to give a serious answer.  Except that once he starts talking, he just cracks a joke as well.  He suggests that Huo Yao come up with one as well, and Huo Yao says that XK’s strong point is his imagination.  He says they shouldn’t assume that just because they had the upper hand in the early stages they can let their guards down now, as this may be the very trap he’s setting for them now.  He warns that they should be on alert at all times and PX notes everything he says in his notebook.  Li Nan’s contribution is to observe (after much hemming and hawing) that XK is amazing, and YX pipes up to tell everyone to stop playing around.  He tells them that he thought of the most important point, which is something no one has mentioned yet, and when PX rolls his chair closer to make sure he doesn’t miss this important point, YX tells him, “He really likes motorcycles.”  He then pushes back in his own chair while Lu Feng starts to mimic riding a motorcycle and the others the laugh.  Poor PX.  He’s really trying here!  Instead of getting angry though, he just continues taking notes in his book.  Huo Yao asks YX on the side whether he’s sensed that PX isn’t as cold as he used to be, and YX watches him as he rolls back over to Lu Feng asking him for another XK-related observation.  Lu Feng asks, “Why are you asking me again?”

End

Head Pat Count (total): 4

Fist Bump Count (episode): 0

Fist Bump Count (total): 6

P.S. I should mention that my spellcheck gave up on me a long time ago, what with all the Chinese words, so I'm no longer alerted to when there are actually misspelled words.  Also, my work style is to just type quickly and push through because of how long it takes me to recap each episode.  All that is to say while there are some sections I reread and edit, to ensure I'm capturing the essence of the scene, there are an equal or greater number of scenes that are straightforward enough for me to just keep on going so I never go back to reread.  That probably means there are A LOT of typos -- for that, I offer a blanket apology for past, present, and future episodes!  

The jealousy scene is my fav! the scene where XK and YX overheard PX and QY conversation and XK's expression is so somber got me smiling from ear to ear, also XK and Sun Ge conversation! can't believe XK looks so awkward and panicked unlike his normal self. Well, I guess its all thanks to PX that XK finally realise his feelings for QY and Sun Ge's advice that makes XK be brave and plan to confess in the next episode :D:D

Hahahaha, @lynne22 and @Jocelyn Stephanie, right???  I also love both those moments, especially the way XK walks oh so nonchalantly up to PX and QY when they're talking on the rooftop like he's not the least bit concerned with what's going on.  I realllllly wish we could have seen his reaction to YX's WeChat.  He likes to pretend like he's not at all affected yet, YX sends him a "mayday" alert and the next thing we know, he's there?   He's got to be feeling a little panicky on the inside -- which is something he had a much harder time hiding when Sun Ge warned him that PX was about to steal his girl.  I love that XK's first thought was that Sun Ge must've gotten some insider information from Summer Ge.  Haha.  

I also super adore pouty, jealous XK when he questions whether QY doesn't want to go to Dream Journey for a "certain someone."  LOLs.  Poor QY.  I feel her frustration.  You know what's the way to solve both their problems?  Just admit everything and start dating!  :P  

@themarchioness Yes!!!!! hahahahaha... Just admit it already.... 

And sigh... I really feel sorry for baby Xia Lin... he's caught in a hard place... one part he's dealing with depression because of his injury.. and another he also doesn't want to burden QY. :tears:

Few stills from Official weibo for this episode

XK trying to calm QY

007cyGSsly1g4exb0wywjj31c00u07wi.jpg

QY's winning the competition, lols look at that happy face! 

007cyGSsly1g4exb033snj31c00u0kjl.jpg

007cyGSsly1g4exaw40k5j31c00u0u0x.jpg

And lastly... lols :D

007cyGSsly1g4fz7dm1a2j31c00u0hdt.jpg

Archived