[Drama 2019] Running Investigators / The Defender : Human Rights, 달리는 조사관

QSD

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/10/2019 at 8:50 PM, Fabbo said:

By the way. In which language are those exotic sounding words at the beginning of the episodes?

I wonder the same all the time too... that haunting voice :anguished:

On 10/10/2019 at 2:29 PM, bebebisous33 said:

I have the impression that the Second Lieutnant Lee is a victim too. I doubt that the deceased Nam JS was the only one bullied there. The commander of the 16th division has been already introduced as a bully.

This drama is one of the most interesting Kdramas for me (not that I've watched a lot of Kdramas, haha). Have learned many new things about reality. 

Although at the beginning of each ep, they show that "Characters, organizations, incidents, and situations in this drama are fictitious", the drama's script is based on real stories, right? I read this somewhere. 

Frankly, "bully" can happen everywhere: family, school, workplace... and in this drama, military. The consequences are so heart-breaking to watch: one died, one is amputated, one committed suicide :( However, high-level soldiers have reasonable excuse to not stop the bully: military is not supposed to make soldiers comfortable, it's supposed to make soldiers stronger. It's somewhat true, and makes me think a lot: is life supposed to be this hard? 

Don't wanna jinx it, but do you think YS's father is still alive? Although he "survives" in 2 ep 8, I have not good feeling about this. Who is the dead though? is he perhaps involved in the case? 

On 10/14/2019 at 4:59 AM, vaiduakhu said:

I wonder the same all the time too... that haunting voice :anguished:

This drama is one of the most interesting Kdramas for me (not that I've watched a lot of Kdramas, haha). Have learned many new things about reality. 

Although at the beginning of each ep, they show that "Characters, organizations, incidents, and situations in this drama are fictitious", the drama's script is based on real stories, right? I read this somewhere. 

Frankly, "bully" can happen everywhere: family, school, workplace... and in this drama, military. The consequences are so heart-breaking to watch: one died, one is amputated, one committed suicide :( However, high-level soldiers have reasonable excuse to not stop the bully: military is not supposed to make soldiers comfortable, it's supposed to make soldiers stronger. It's somewhat true, and makes me think a lot: is life supposed to be this hard? 

Don't wanna jinx it, but do you think YS's father is still alive? Although he "survives" in 2 ep 8, I have not good feeling about this. Who is the dead though? is he perhaps involved in the case? 

Sorry but the excuse to use bullying as a way to make the soldier stronger is definitely wrong. The result has the opposite effect which was shown in the story. Second Lieutnant Lee couldn't achieve great results with his team. The more he allowed the bully, the more the situation worsened. He tried to apply what his father told him. The father was harsh towards him and he did the same to his team... Lee never got the results he wanted, just like his father.

From military case to strike case, I laughed a bit at the fact that HRC team works like detective team. It's not all about human rights anymore, it's "suicide" or "murder" for the sake of God. I mean, where the heck is the police or professional investigators all the time? 

And with the serial killer case, I have a faint thought that HRC team will find the real culprit, which puts their lives in danger because they're unarmed. 

When I like a dram  I like drama. It doesn't matter who the actors are. As long as it's interesting, story is good and how the drama as whole. I'm glad I'm watching. This is more  of drama with dose of social realism and commentary through each episodes.

I'm done with  Eps 7 to 10.  I like the thought process, the work process, the investigation process. They don't just take the case, appeal om it just for the sake of doing so. Merits  situation, the cause, if there's a human rights violation done. Whether through investigationg, or procedural duties, or  authoritative orders, if there is  an iota od disregard of human rights and the the dignity, then HRC investigates.  Working for HRC is no joke. If there's an appeal, the investigate, they submit to the chairwoman and committee members have to decide. And this  wanting an ex officio ( and just like BHT I also don't have an idea but it was already explained).

So did the detective committ suicide?

9 hours ago, jongski said:

When I like a dram  I like drama. It doesn't matter who the actors are. As long as it's interesting, story is good and how the drama as whole. I'm glad I'm watching. This is more  of drama with dose of social realism and commentary through each episodes.

I'm done with  Eps 7 to 10.  I like the thought process, the work process, the investigation process. They don't just take the case, appeal om it just for the sake of doing so. Merits  situation, the cause, if there's a human rights violation done. Whether through investigationg, or procedural duties, or  authoritative orders, if there is  an iota od disregard of human rights and the the dignity, then HRC investigates.  Working for HRC is no joke. If there's an appeal, the investigate, they submit to the chairwoman and committee members have to decide. And this  wanting an ex officio ( and just like BHT I also don't have an idea but it was already explained).

So did the detective committ suicide?

Sorry, I'm slow, but who is the detective you are referring to? 

This story from this week was upsetting. I really hated the director from that welfare center and the staff. The all acted as if they knew nothing... The director's actions contributed to the vicious circle: a young mother who can't take care of her child and is forced to send him or her to the Welfare center. Mi Rae is the best example... her mother got her very young and we have to wonder if this didn't happen because she was abused. 

Yeah, this week's case makes me upset and sad at the life cycle of ppl who live just because they were born. :( I think Mi Rae's mom was also a victim of abuse in that welfare center in the past, she's not comfortable when the Director visits her house. That he gives her money is weird too, because why? Can't help but think he himself did sth bad to her when she was teenager. 

It's also upsetting that in the end they only punish the Director by firing him. I think turning a blind eye to a crime or pretending to not know is another crime. Don't know who is worse: Dr. Kim or the director & his staff. Besides, the chief police at the police station seems to know something about the abuse too, but he also pretends to not know. When Mi Rae's mom reports him about her daughter's phone, he calls the director to check. What the heck? :vicx: I think it's true that some ppl do charity to polish their names or to make them feel good about themselves, not that they really care about other ppl. 

~~~

About the serial killing case, man, when we were here wondering about psychopath's whereabouts, he was actually caught by the police. What a plot twist! I kinda losing track of timeline in this drama when they mix the main case (high-school girl murdering) and other human right cases.

I have many Qs: That Choi was the real culprit in 7-year ago case? if not, what was his role? he hasn't admitted his crime in murdering case at present, so he's the right culprit or there is someone else? where is YS's dad? Btw, the prisoner at the beginning of ep12 is him? (the light is dim, so I can't see his face clearly). 

It seems that YS must deal with him in next week's eps about a human right appeal, how ridiculous! 

I have a feeling that the ending will be sad although they discover the real culprits in all cases. That Choi was abused (physically or sexually, or both) in the past, so he grows up getting revenge on the society by killing innocent ppl? :( 

Archived