larus

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“Good Casting” Sees Decrease In Viewership + Remains No. 1 Monday-Tuesday Drama

May 12, 2020
by C. Lee
8879729681f34b169bc8b1fcc0c06cbd.jpeg?s=

SBS’s “Good Casting” continues to lead Monday-Tuesday dramas despite a drop in viewership.

According to Nielsen Korea, the May 11 broadcast of “Good Casting” recorded 8.6 and 10.3 percent nationwide viewership, a 0.8 percent decrease from its previous episode, which reached 11.1 percent viewership.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1399729wpp/good-casting-sees-decrease-in-viewership-remains-no-1-monday-tuesday-drama

Annyeong everyone...wow it has been quite sometime now that I visited Soompi and do a posting.

I love this drama maybe because its Choi Kang Hee. She's one of my most fave actress. I love to see her in this drama. She's beautiful, chic and badass. This drama is the first time I like Yoo In Young's character. I like her acting. Lee Sang Yeob is a handsome and cute CEO.

I also like Kim Ji Young as Hwang Mi Soon too. I have just finished Episode 5 and decided to come in here. Looking forward to Ep6.

who is the mysterious woman? Does she work with M or is she the M? what will she do with the USB? Is she going to sell the information to someone or going to use it? But she has to be someone with power or other why would the NIS director be so chummy with her?

Could it be that minseok is not dead? that is something that has been going through my head. :D

How fast did the Team Leader change his getup while on the plane. First he was wearing keffiah and head scarf and then next he was wearing tang suit of sorts! I thought a bad guy was getting the ex manager of WW!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAFYciOnJNv/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I wish WW be stopped from being so childish by YE!

I love that BCM does not listen to these shady superiors of hers though she fly off the handle in a minute! Maybe she will end up getting the whole NIS bosses tumbling down for their corruptness!

Wow! She does her own stunts!!

EDIT: I love that all the bad guys are getting a beating from BCM . At this rate their is three more she has to go after. That shady politician looking guy ,her superior and that obnoxious woman who intimidates her superior!!

“Good Casting” Continues To Lead Monday-Tuesday Dramas Despite Another Dip In Ratings

May 13, 2020
by R. Jun
e8f7b9069cf644a0875e9311f3be5ebe.jpeg?s=

Despite another decrease in ratings, SBS’s “Good Casting” continues to lead Monday-Tuesday dramas.

According to Nielsen Korea, the May 12 broadcast of the drama recorded average nationwide ratings of 8.4 and 9.2 percent, for a 1.1 percent drop from the previous episode and the drama’s lowest ratings yet.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1399958wpp/good-casting-continues-to-lead-monday-tuesday-dramas-despite-another-dip-in-ratings

I did not watch this week. I hope I have a little time tonight or tomorrow.

Good Casting: Episode 5

by Sunny

GoodCasting05-00194.jpg

Nothing takes the wind out of one’s epic rescue mission sails more than a fallen comrade. It doesn’t slow our lady spies down, however, and they quickly uncover a lead that could not only help them retrieve the stolen data but bring them another step closer to Michael. Unfortunately, they’re not the only ones after the data.

EPISODE 5 RECAP

GoodCasting05-00007.jpgGoodCasting05-00004.jpg

Having rescued Ye-eun, the team is distraught to find Gwan-soo has been shot. Chan-mi takes off after Secretary Goo, stealing the delivery bike and engaging in a high-speed chase. After placing Moo-hyuk in charge of calling an ambulance, Ye-eun and Mi-soon jump into the van. They catch up just as the first pair cut a tight U-turn, and Ye-eun’s reluctance to break traffic laws frustrates Mi-soon almost as much as Ye-eun’s execution of a clumsy U-turn.

Secretary Goo swerves into a construction lane, sending debris flying. It doesn’t slow Chan-mi down for long, though, and the women continue to fly down the highway. Ye-eun and Mi-soon somehow end up in front and swerve to cut them off. Secretary Goo shows no signs of slowing down and thankfully swerves just before T-boning the van. Chan-mi manages to pull ahead and shoots out a tire, jumping from the bike as the car hits it and flips.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/05/good-casting-episode-5/

On 5/12/2020 at 3:31 PM, angelbeast90 said:

Wow! She does her own stunts!!

I like that we saw a glimpse of the shooting process. I heard/ saw the green room but it was the first time I saw people dress in green costume to asist the actor. :D

Wow, this thread is quiet.... Where are you @triplem ? :D

I am catching up on the episodes - just finished ep 5 - one more to go.

Gosh, KWW is childish - I thought the amnesia would change him into a nice person, but guess not. What I am glad to see, is that Ye Eun is gaining confidence. That karate chop in the airplane was awesome! Yet she was almost apologizing to the stewardess for taking her out. :D She's such a sweetheart.

I have a feeling that once she gains a bit more confidence she will start putting KWW in his place, and he'll become a puppy following HER around. :D lol

Man, the logic in this drama is...erhm...not stellar.... I am just trying to ignore the obvious plot holes, and enjoy our 3 ahjummas take down one bad guy after the other.

On a side note, I love the flashbacks of Chan Mi and Seok Ho. I especially love the 80s music they are throwing at us! :)

We only heard the first notes of a-ha's The Sun Always Shines on TV in episode 5, but I will post the excellent song here for those who are unfamiliar with 80s synth pop. :kiss_wink:

U-KISS’s Jun Talks About Shirtless Scene In “Good Casting” + His Chemistry With Co-Star Yoo In Young

May 16, 2020
by E. Cha
119e2b67886e481090723c759013a9ca.jpeg?s=

In a recent interview and pictorial for @star1 magazine, U-KISS’s Jun dished on his experience filming his new drama “Good Casting”!

Jun is currently starring in the SBS drama as Kang Woo Won, a rising star who ends up working closely with undercover agent Im Ye Eun (played by Yoo In Young), who is on a high-stakes mission to save the nation. In the drama, the relationship between the two characters gets off to a hilariously disastrous start when Im Ye Eun accidentally walks in on Kang Woo Won in the nude.

Looking back on the scene, which also marked his character’s first appearance in the drama, Jun remarked, “Because I didn’t have a lot of time to prepare, I had to rush to work out and tone my body, which I found really regretful.”

He went on, “[‘Good Casting’] is a drama in which I really cast my image aside and let myself loose, and you’ll be able to see a lot of comic and energetic acting that viewers haven’t seen from me in the past.”

Jun also expressed his deep gratitude to co-star Yoo In Young, explaining, “Even though she was my senior, she approached me first and made it possible for me to act comfortably.”

According to Jun, chemistry was never an issue for the two actors. “We got along so well that throughout filming, we started laughing whenever we looked at each other’s faces,” he recalled.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1400638wpp/u-kisss-jun-talks-about-shirtless-scene-in-good-casting-his-chemistry-with-co-star-yoo-in-young

@triplem the preview. 

I had too much going on this week so I have still haven't watch episode 6.

But reading the comments I can see nothing really big has happened. 

ONE clip that I saw was with the man who had the M tattooed to his hand. He laught when chanmi asked if he was Michael. And then the bomb exploded. So the question is what M stands for? MICHAEL(as in person) OR  organisation? 

37 minutes ago, triplem said:

I miss bio-teacher so much , that was my favourite role of his having seen most of his dramas since Innocent Man...but yes I do wish he was part of the main action cause right now I feel some disconnect with his scenes . 

So now I wonder what is CEO's link to all this? I really hope he is not Michael...I don't think so of course but I feel they'd create some doubt along the way. CEO being one of the main characters  can't possibly just be here to play her admirer .

I feel like there is a disconnect in Yoon Seok Ho's scenes because there is very little interaction between him and Baek Chan Mi. All we see are flashbacks.

What is a bit "concerning" is the song choice that we keep seeing in scenes with him. It is a well known fact that "Every Breath You Take" is NOT a romantic song. Sting has said several times in interviews, that the song is about an ex-lover who is still very obsessed and jealous about his/her ex. He even said that he has hard time understanding how some people find it romantic and how some couples even play this sinister song at weddings... :crazy:

Now I am not sure if the song choice is intentional or not - might be that the writers missed this fact about the song, but in the end of ep 6 we see him turn a bit "stalkerish" in my opinion. He even has a dream about giving Chan Mi a ring, and he calls it a one-sided love.

TBH, I find it a bit creepy....?

So, I am a bit on the fence here that he is totally innocent (not involved with Michael somehow), because at the moment his story arc doesn't really serve much of a purpose (yet). It would be totally cool if he turned out to be a bad guy! Now that would be a twist that we don't often see in Korean dramas. :D

EDIT: @joccu I think M stands for Michael, and I think it's an organization.

18 minutes ago, partyon said:

What is a bit "concerning" is the song choice that we keep seeing in scenes with him. It is a well known fact that "Every Breath You Take" is NOT a romantic song. Sting has said several times in interviews, that the song is about an ex-lover who is still very obsessed and jealous about his/her ex. He even said that he has hard time understanding how some people find it romantic and how some couples even play this sinister song at weddings... :crazy:

So, I am a bit on the fence here that he is totally innocent (not involved with Michael somehow), because at the moment his story arc doesn't really serve much of a purpose (yet). It would be totally cool if he turned out to be a bad guy! Now that would be a twist that we don't often see in Korean dramas. :D

EDIT: @joccu I think M stands for Michael, and I think it's an organization.

I would totally like to see that Yoon seokho being part with M. Bc somehow he looks too innocent.  So it would be nice cover. 

About the song I honestly don't know. I just find it totally creepy that still some people thing it is a love song. So I honestly hope that the producer knows and it is intentional. 

13 minutes ago, corey said:

BTW, I am laughing out loud at the fashion in the drama. The clothes are exactly like the ones I wore during my university days, LOL! (yes, I am that old!). I thought this "lewk" would never come back, because, frankly speaking, such style is not flattering, except for ultra-thin and very tall people.

Can you tell me if this is indeed the high-street look these days? High-waisted pleated slacks narrow at the ankles, shoulder pads, short jackets, oversized shirts tucked in trousers, mom jeans? The last time I paid attention to hight street fashion was about ten years ago, when trousers which looked like tights were all the rage. How is it now?

@corey You're not the only one.... :joy:

I have no idea about high-street look nowadays. I see what the kids are wearing and it's very similar to what we see in this drama. The mom jeans, oversized shirts, short jackets, shoulder pads....

I really wish we could've left the shoulder pads in the 80s.... Why bring them back, why???? :bawling:

Spoiler

758174013.png

@corey Yes, I believe that this fashion is coming back (according to what I see in the stores, dramas and on kids).... :D 

Yet, due to the lockdown/quarantine I am mostly focused on old sweat pants and coffee stained t-shirts.... :D 

I have to still complain a bit about the obvious plot holes in this drama.:crazy:

I don't care what anybody says, but that karate lady shot a police officer at close range. How can it be justified that she is not in jail?!?!?!? Who cares if the bullet grazed the police officer - she still shot at him! That's enough to throw her in prison and throw away the key, no?

And don't get me started on the plane scene.... That plane was not so big that they couldn't have found Mr.Pil already at the beginning of a 3 hour flight... :D

Those pictures totally bright my day.:joy:

I don't follow fashion trend so I don't have no idea what is in right now. But honestly I would never wear those shoulder pads.

But i use overshized shirts tuck to my skinny jeans. I could never use mommy jeans. But who know maybe they are back in fashion.

But everything looks good on people if they are skinny or toned.

about this drama. Finally was able to watch episode 6. I honestly don't get how changmi got all those things in the plane? it was too riduculous :joy: And the fight scene in the plane. I just don't get it. How did he escape? I mean they hadn't even landed yet`?

I'm starting to think that this is going to be the kind of drama that you shouldn't think about any logic and only watch and enjoy.

@corey  I'm born in the 80's so I when I was young I actually owned those mommy jeans. But luckily then levi's jeans came.  And my mom owned those pads jackets. We had fashions shows when we were kids( me, my cousins and my brothers) and I have couples of photos were I wore those pads jackets. But Now I couldn't even dream to wear anything that I wore in the 80¨s. Luckily then we didn¨t have internet or those photos would be over the net by now.

I would totally like to see more off the skills and not too many silly antics. more action and little less off sillyness.

Stills

Good Casting: Episode 6

by Sunny

GoodCasting06-00052.jpg

Every career comes with its challenges, but retrieving the stolen data proves to be just the tip of the iceberg for our intrepid spies as they now turn their attention to the people behind the theft and start to realize things may be more complicated than they anticipated.

EPISODE 6 RECAP

After the chaos in coach – where the team managed to retrieve the watch from Cheol-woong but lost Chief Tak – Ye-eun returns to Woo-won at the end of the flight to find his face ravaged by his nut allergy. He insists he didn’t eat peanuts, not realizing the pistachios in the cookies are also a tree nut he should avoid. Ye-eun gently slides sunglasses and a mask over his face and takes his hand, telling him to just follow her.

In the airport, Chan-mi and Gwan-soo sit on either side of the still unconscious Cheol-woong, bickering over who will take charge of the investigation upon returning to Korea. Their fussing wakes Cheol-woong in time to hear the announcement of their return flight, but the pair knock him out before he can run. Meanwhile, Ye-eun reports the incident with Woo-won’s allergy to her cranky superior, Hyo-jin – taking the blame for his mistake – and is ordered back, as well.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/05/good-casting-episode-6/

Thanks @larus for the new stills. :)

Is anyone else getting "Protect the Boss" vibes from the scenes between Lee Sang Yeob and Choi Kang Hee? Just swap out Lee Sang Yeob to Ji Sung and voilà ! :D

And what is happening between KWW and Ye Eun? Looks like she's not too thrilled to be in the kitchen with him, whereas he looks quite content...

Choi Kang Hee And Lee Sang Yeob Encounter Danger + Yoo In Young Makes Dinner For U-KISS’s Jun In “Good Casting”

db1b6ef3ce134699a1d7c1d6d72e1a92.jpeg?s=

SBS’s action comedy drama “Good Casting” has shared new stills ahead of the upcoming episode.

“Good Casting” tells the story of three talented female agents at the National Intelligence Service who were forced to become pencil-pushers until one day, they get the chance to go out into the field again on an undercover mission.

Spoilers

In the previous episode, it was revealed in a flashback scene that company CEO Yoon Seok Ho’s (Lee Sang Yeob’s) first love was his tutor Baek Chan Mi (Choi Kang Hee). The new stills show Yoon Seok Ho furious as he witnesses Baek Chan Mi in danger. After running into someone at a rest stop and quarreling back and forth, Baek Chan Mi unleashes her skills as a top agent to bring down her assailant.

However, when Baek Chan Mi spots Yoon Seok Ho, her fierce expression changes to fear as she hides behind him. Yoon Seok Ho sports anger on his face as he confronts the attacker. Curiosity is mounting over why the two ended up at a rest stop, and whether or not Yoon Seok Ho will find out the true identity of his secretary who eerily resembles his first love.

The producers commented, “The two characters add sweetness and fun in the midst of all the tense action. Keep an eye out for how their relationship will progress.”

Meanwhile, undercover agent Im Ye Eun (Yoo In Young) and rising star Kang Woo Won (Jun) surprise viewers with uncharacteristic sweetness. In the photos, Im Ye Eun goes to Kang Woo Won’s house and dons an apron to prepare a fantastic dinner for him. Kang Woo Won looks at the table full of dishes as if in disbelief, but Im Ye Eun doesn’t appear satisfied based on the sullen look on her face.

Kang Woo Won sits at the table in the final pictures, looking up at Im Ye Eun with a sweet smile. What could be the reason for Im Ye Eun going to his house, and how will their relationship progress?

When filming for the scene, Yoo In Young and Jun prepared by reading through their lines together multiple times and deciding on gestures to use. Jun made everyone on set burst into laughter when he saw all the food on the table and asked, “Can I eat this after we finish filming?”

The producers commented on the pair’s relationship, saying, “The actors are happy to see that there are many fans who want scenes displaying Yoo In Young and Jun’s chemistry. You can definitely expect to see more of their chemistry in future episodes.”

The next episode of “Good Casting” airs on May 18 at 9:40 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1400867wpp/choi-kang-hee-and-lee-sang-yeob-encounter-danger-yoo-in-young-makes-dinner-for-u-kisss-jun-in-good-casting

Spoiler

Jun-Yoo-In-Young1.jpg

Yoo-In-Young2.jpg

Yoo-In-Young-1.jpg

Spoiler

Jun2.jpg

Jun-1.jpg

Spoiler

Choi-Kang-Hee.jpg

Choi-Kang-Hee-1.jpg

Spoiler

Choi-Kang-Hee-Lee-Sang-Yeob-1.jpg